I'd almost forgotten how incredibly bad linux sucks

One Shot - One Kill

Oct 29, 2010, 1:43:57 PM10/29/10
So anyone with good typing skills doing "serious work" on this linsux
machine, can hammer in the text in the morning, and take the afternoon off
to give linux the opportunity to catch up.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44042&start=0

Slow keyboard response time?
Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:46 am

I recently switched from Windows to Mint, anyways, one thing that is really
bothering me is the really slow keyboard response rate. It takes about ~300
ms from when I enter a key into the keyboard to when it pops up. O am really
annoyed, especialy when I type because I find myself making about 10 times
as many errors as before compared to Windows.

RayLopez99

Oct 29, 2010, 6:29:28 PM10/29/10

LOL good one. Linux has not figured out how to handle 'stdin/
stdout' (i.e., keyboard and terminal), after all these decades.

RL

Lusotec

Oct 29, 2010, 8:02:12 PM10/29/10

This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name) accessibility
feature being active. The original poster just has to disable it to remove
the delay.

Regards.

Glenn Hall

Oct 29, 2010, 8:26:10 PM10/29/10

I had this exact problem with Ubuntu!
Had me going for about 10 minutes or so till I figured it out.

High Plains Thumper

Oct 29, 2010, 9:34:49 PM10/29/10
Lusotec wrote:
> One Shot - One Kill wrote:
>
>> So anyone with good typing skills doing "serious work" on this linsux

<SNIP>

> This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name) accessibility
> feature being active.

More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name) mental
activity to prevent it from thinking actively.

> The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.

Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.

--
HPT

JeffM

Oct 29, 2010, 10:03:40 PM10/29/10
>[troll] wrote:
>>http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44042&start=0

The &start=0 in that URL is just noise and can be removed.

Lusotec wrote:
>This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name)
>accessibility feature being active.
>The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.

...and one ASSuMEs that it isn't turned on in the default install
and had to be enabled by the user.

Another question is does That Other OS[1] have this ability?
...or with its natural sluggishness,
did no one even consider it to be necessary?
.
.
[1] Registered trademark of Robert Pogson.

Tom Shelton

Oct 29, 2010, 10:12:15 PM10/29/10
JeffM expressed precisely :

>> [troll] wrote:
>>> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44042&start=0
>>>
> The &start=0 in that URL is just noise and can be removed.
>
>>> It takes about ~300 ms from when I enter a key into the keyboard
>>>
> Lusotec wrote:
>> This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name)
>> accessibility feature being active.
>> The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.
>>
> ...and one ASSuMEs that it isn't turned on in the default install
> and had to be enabled by the user.
>
> Another question is does That Other OS[1] have this ability?

Slow Keys? Yes, windows has it (at least in windows 7).

--
Tom Shelton

One Shot-One Kill

Oct 29, 2010, 10:37:18 PM10/29/10

"JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote in message

> >[troll] wrote:
>>>http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44042&start=0
>>>
> The &start=0 in that URL is just noise and can be removed.
>
>>>It takes about ~300 ms from when I enter a key into the keyboard
>>>
> Lusotec wrote:
>>This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name)
>>accessibility feature being active.
>>The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.

nope. it is just linux be as slow as a limp hound dog.

"It takes about ~300 ms from when I enter a key into the keyboard"

maybe you should learn what slow keys does before jumping on your idiot
bandwagon.

inserting super long keyboard delays is not a feature.

William Poaster

Oct 30, 2010, 5:25:01 AM10/30/10
High Plains Thumper wrote:

AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls, & not much else. Just blocking it in
this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)

--
Shell - The hardest part of Linux, usually opened with Bash.
FreeBSD 8.1 64-bit; Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 30, 2010, 6:59:20 AM10/30/10
William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Lusotec wrote:

>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name) accessibility
>>> feature being active.
>>
>> More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name) mental
>> activity to prevent it from thinking actively.
>>
>>> The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.
>>
>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>
> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls, & not much else. Just blocking it in
> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)

I call 'em "Old MacDonald" trolls.

Old MacDonald was a troll/
Ee aye a-i-oe/

--
The most important design issue... is the fact that Linux is supposed to
be fun...

One Shot-One Kill

Oct 30, 2010, 7:12:04 AM10/30/10

"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote in message

> William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
> I call 'em "Old MacDonald" trolls.

and I call 'em hypocrites.

From: High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Re: Coup brewing for Microsoft's Ballmer????
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:49:07 -0600

***** Injection-Info: mx03.eternal-september.org; *****

posting-host="3PZeGqQIbHMiWzTIKzh9eg";
logging-data="7083";
mail-complaints-to="ab...@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+bRgIDxT8fn0GkpztuhozmET­k3oWLmsyyPd3fLmyif8A=="

William Poaster

Oct 30, 2010, 8:58:20 AM10/30/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> <SNIP>

>>> More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name) mental
>>> activity to prevent it from thinking actively.

>>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>>
>> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls, & not much else. Just blocking it in
>> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)
>
> I call 'em "Old MacDonald" trolls.
>
> Old MacDonald was a troll/
> Ee aye a-i-oe/

LOL!

--
Gnu: The feeling you've seen this wildebeest before.

Marti van Lin

Oct 30, 2010, 10:04:01 AM10/30/10
Op 30-10-10 11:25, William Poaster wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Lusotec wrote:

>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name) accessibility
>>> feature being active.
>>
>> More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name) mental
>> activity to prevent it from thinking actively.
>>
>>> The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.
>>
>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>

> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls,& not much else. Just blocking it in

> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)

Correct William ;-)

I used 'aioe' for about a couple of weeks and this is when the insane
"Hadron" Quark (da Q00k) became my #1 "rival".

Only scumbags use 'aioe'.

No single soul, with even the smallest amount of self-respect denigrates
him- or herself to the "Trollish NTTP server" :-p

Yikes!

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin, alias ML2MST
|_|_|0| Registered GNU/Linux user 513040
|0|0|0| http://www.soundclick.com/martivanlin

Marti van Lin

Oct 30, 2010, 10:10:17 AM10/30/10
Op 30-10-10 12:59, Chris Ahlstrom schreef:

> William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> <SNIP>

>>> More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name) mental
>>> activity to prevent it from thinking actively.

>>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>>

>> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls,& not much else. Just blocking it in

>> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)
>
> I call 'em "Old MacDonald" trolls.
>
> Old MacDonald was a troll/
> Ee aye a-i-oe/

And Old MacDonald had a Q00k

Ee aye e-i-oe

And-ah Quack Quack here, and a Quack Quack there

Ee aye a-oe

William Poaster

Oct 30, 2010, 10:30:21 AM10/30/10
Marti van Lin wrote:

> Op 30-10-10 12:59, Chris Ahlstrom schreef:
>
>> William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:

>>> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls,& not much else. Just blocking it in
>>> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)
>>
>> I call 'em "Old MacDonald" trolls.
>>
>> Old MacDonald was a troll/
>> Ee aye a-i-oe/
>>

> And Old MacDonald had a Q00k
>
> Ee aye e-i-oe
>
> And-ah Quack Quack here, and a Quack Quack there
>
> Ee aye a-oe

Q00k's song:-

Troll, troll, troll your FUD,
Merrily through the groups,
Troll, troll, troll, troll,
See who I can dupe.

--
KANSAS: Hayfever capital of the Midwest!

JEDIDIAH

Oct 30, 2010, 10:19:13 AM10/30/10

"It's not a bug. It's a feature!"

'-)

--

Apple: Power users are not welcome here. |||
/ | \

High Plains Thumper

Oct 30, 2010, 2:59:04 PM10/30/10
Marti van Lin wrote:
> William Poaster wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>>
>> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls,& not much else. Just blocking
>> it in this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to.
>> :-)
>
> Correct William ;-) I used 'aioe' for about a couple of weeks and
> this is when the insane "Hadron" Quark (da Q00k) became my #1
> "rival".
>
> Only scumbags use 'aioe'. No single soul, with even the smallest
> amount of self-respect denigrates him- or herself to the "Trollish
> NTTP server" :-p Yikes!

Once in a while I will use AIOE to reply to a troll's moronic nonsense.
But you know what, then they start their moronic troll rant that I am
nymshifting, because I use different Usenet ISP's, discounting their use
of such ISP's.

Overall, the trolls remain killfiled, because in reality there is no
benefit to give into their begging for attention. This includes
Snit-san. Dozo.

--
HPT

Magno

Oct 30, 2010, 3:08:18 PM10/30/10

You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.

Snit

Oct 30, 2010, 3:37:24 PM10/30/10
Magno stated in post 227up7-...@news.newsgroup.cl on 10/30/10 12:08 PM:

I do not speak only well of any OS... Linux, OS X or Windows. I recognize
they each have strengths and weaknesses - and I support my views well.
This, to many in COLA and CSMA, is simply not acceptable. Many prefer to
think their preferred OS is the best in pretty much every way and any
statement which contains contrary information is seen as "trolling",
especially if that information is backed up by significant evidence.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

RonB

Oct 30, 2010, 3:51:46 PM10/30/10
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:08:18 -0300, Magno wrote:

> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.

"Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

Snit

Oct 30, 2010, 3:55:10 PM10/30/10
RonB stated in post iaht0i$bja$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/30/10
12:51 PM:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:08:18 -0300, Magno wrote:
>
>> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.
>
> "Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.

See how you just lash out. The most "trollish" think about me is I respond
to your BS and the BS of others who are, clearly, just trolling.

And then you hold it against me - how *dare* I respond to your grade school
put downs and other BS!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sinister Midget III

Oct 30, 2010, 4:01:14 PM10/30/10
On 2010-10-30, Magno <marb...@gmail.com> claimed:

> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.

You'll change your tune. Everybody does. Even some of the trolls.

--
SCUD : Sure Could Use Directions
Aspire One, Peppermint Ice

Snit

Oct 30, 2010, 4:08:00 PM10/30/10
Sinister Midget III stated in post a5aup7-...@home.harry.net on 10/30/10
1:01 PM:

> On 2010-10-30, Magno <marb...@gmail.com> claimed:
>
>> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.
>
> You'll change your tune. Everybody does. Even some of the trolls.

By all means, show some of the examples.

My main "sin" is responding to bait - as I just did with you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 30, 2010, 8:59:22 PM10/30/10
Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

You're a whining nancy boy, Snit.

"Lash out". *LMAO*

--
If you want to know what god thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to.

Snit

Oct 30, 2010, 9:18:11 PM10/30/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> RonB stated in post iaht0i$bja$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
> > 10/30/10
>> 12:51 PM:

>>> "Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.
>>
>> See how you just lash out. The most "trollish" think about me is I
> > respond
>> to your BS and the BS of others who are, clearly, just trolling.
>>
>> And then you hold it against me - how *dare* I respond to your grade
> > school
>> put downs and other BS!
>
> You're a whining nancy boy, Snit.
>
> "Lash out". *LMAO*

Why are you anxious to *not* talk about Linux?

--
[insert .sig here]

High Plains Thumper

Oct 30, 2010, 9:40:36 PM10/30/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Snit pulled this:
>> RonB stated:

>>> "Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.
>>
>> See how you just lash out. The most "trollish" think about me is I
>> respond to your BS and the BS of others who are, clearly, just
>> trolling. And then you hold it against me - how *dare* I respond to
>> your grade school put downs and other BS!
>
> You're a whining nancy boy, Snit. "Lash out". *LMAO*

.... as these 138 poster's have witnessed and testified of the Snit Circus
of Pathological Lies. :-P

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f3ccaeefdbd5ccd3

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Oct 30, 2010, 9:51:30 PM10/30/10
Sinister Midget III wrote:

> Magno claimed:

>> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.
>
> You'll change your tune. Everybody does. Even some of the trolls.

For example, cc:

15- cc (COLA): "Snit posts all the time. You don't have to dig up months
old articles where he brings up years old topics. Just respond to a
current message." 22 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5a712e3312ba9f8a

Snit: "And, yes, I know the facts will go over your head. You are an
insane moron... and you have nothing of value to say. Here: you will
prove it with your response and I will merely note you did so. 100%
predictable."
cc: "What facts? The fact that you don't know what a hypothetical
situation is? The fact that you can't answer any questions? The fact
that you continue to run away when faced with simple questions? I am
100% predictable to you because you simply cannot understand what has
been placed in front of you. It's all just a jumble of words to your
pea-sized brain, and therefore it always looks the same." 15 Nov 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f6ce4429806e9de6

Snit: "Do you realize how clear it is your whole goal is just to get the
last word?"
cc: "Now that's hilarious!" .... "You are incapable of letting anything
go. In fact, I guarantee you will respond to this post in under 3 hours.
Hell, I'd be surprised if it takes longer than 30 minutes. If I really
wanted to, I could make this little side topic go on forever, because
you are a complete moron who just has to respond to anything written
about or to you, even if it just means repeating yourself." 1 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3712090033411605

.... and Hadron:

35- Hadron (COLA):
Snit: "Now why not end your silliness and either just stop your BS or
actually give reasoned comments on the screen shots you keep asking for
and I keep providing?
Hadron: "err, he just did. And you snipped it all you weasel." 30 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/de49f2b7471d2e1a

Snit: "Sigh: 100% predictable, you will not answer *any* question I just
asked. You will run... your whole goal is to beg for attention, not to
make or support a point."
Hadron: "nice. You made it into my new killfile. Jesus, stop repeating
the same garbage." 6 Apr 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c86ab53a759ea728

Hadron (COLA): "... your constant repetition could send an acid tab to
sleep ... Why not do yourself and the rest of us a favour and kill file
the dickhead?" 09 Dec 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6533c646468adc42

.... and Muahman:

78- Muahman: "Ummm, dude you post 1000 posts a day. 999 of them are
trolls, if anyone here has issues it's not me." 24 Sep 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad9daff74ee1e0bd

Muahman: "LOL, everyone hates Snit. I know I'd push him in front of a
bus if I could." 15 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e5ee46bf5bf04d00

Muahman: "Ahhhh shit, another thread lost to the Snit retard circus!!!
I actually dread seeing Snit reply to a thread because that
automatically means it's in the toilet." 8 Jul 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/92e776d521dfa701

.... and Zara:

135- zara: "Look - I'm not into combing through thousands of posts, to
prove what was said or not said - I leave stuff like that to people
without lives, like Snit. But it is assuredly, in the record. Ping Snit
to do a search - you will flatter him, and give meaning to his tawdry
little life." 25 Oct 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/a1d4fc7120a6a538

.... and Rotten Apple:

102- Rotten Apple:
Snit: "The truth? Carroll has openly admitted he does what he accuses
others of... now there is evidence he is committing identity theft - the
very thing he accuses me of based on his claiming I am not the person he
has tracked me down to be."
Rotten Apple: "You make trolls like me look like choir boys." 14 Sep 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a92988bcbce8fdb

Snit: "No need for him to worry - unlike him, I would not even threaten
to contact his wife. I simply will not sink to his level. I suspect
his wife will find out anyway - people are not as stupid as he wants
them to be."
Rotten Apple: "Your meds are really kicking your ass!" 15 Sep 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5e414c27d6357a4a

.... and ad nauseum .... :-P

--
HPT

Snit

Oct 30, 2010, 10:36:55 PM10/30/10
High Plains Thumper stated in post iaii34$f9s$1...@news.albasani.net on
10/30/10 6:51 PM:

> Sinister Midget III wrote:
>
>> Magno claimed:
>>
>>> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.
>>
>> You'll change your tune. Everybody does. Even some of the trolls.
>
> For example, cc:

The funny thing is, with all of your badmouthing of me, you cannot actually
quote *me* doing any of the stuff you accuse me of. Ever. When you have
tried - and you do try from time to time - you just make a bigger fool of
yourself.

Oh well. At least you are sometimes amusing when you are not using what you
describe as "luser" tactics of repeating your same tired insults.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2010, 1:46:09 AM10/31/10
RonB wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:08:18 -0300, Magno wrote:
>
>> You know... Snit is not so bad, he get trollish just sometimes.
>
> "Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.

You hit the nail on the head. The following quotes sum it up precisely:
;-)

101- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's thing is
twisting your words so he can win an argument against a straw man.
That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes no point,
he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another version of Hadron's
'you're a liar' mantra, which is about all he can muster nowadays." 27
May 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0

--
HPT

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 2:04:11 AM10/31/10
High Plains Thumper stated in post iaivr1$o92$1...@speranza.aioe.org on
10/30/10 10:46 PM:

> RonB wrote:

Why do you keep using what *you* call a "luser strategy"? And recently you
claimed - clearly dishonestly - that you were ignoring me.

Why not actually try to grow up and be honest, HPT?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

William Poaster

Oct 31, 2010, 5:22:51 AM10/31/10
High Plains Thumper wrote:

As an aside, I note more people are binning the Hadron troll's idiocy in
aolu. They've also asked those few who do respond to the troll, to stop
quoting him.

--
Linux: Do you want to delete Windows today?

Lusotec

Oct 31, 2010, 6:18:12 AM10/31/10
One Shot-One Kill wrote:

>> The &start=0 in that URL is just noise and can be removed.

>> Lusotec wrote:
>>>This delay is caused by "Slow keys" (or a similar name)
>>>accessibility feature being active.
>>>The original poster just has to disable it to remove the delay.
>
> nope. it is just linux be as slow as a limp hound dog.

Since you now little to nothing about GNU/Linux, your trolling opinion on
the subject is worth less than nothing.

> "It takes about ~300 ms from when I enter a key into the keyboard"
>
> maybe you should learn what slow keys does before jumping on your idiot
> bandwagon.

"Slow key" does *exactly* what the original poster described.

> inserting super long keyboard delays is not a feature.

For some people with motor control problems it is a essential feature.

Regards.

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2010, 7:36:01 AM10/31/10
William Poaster wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes no
>> point, he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another version of
>> Hadron's 'you're a liar' mantra, which is about all he can muster
>> nowadays." 27 May 2010
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0
>
> As an aside, I note more people are binning the Hadron troll's idiocy
> in aolu. They've also asked those few who do respond to the troll, to
> stop quoting him.

A few in AOLU have really come up with choice rebuttals to Hadron's
idiocy. Overall, from what I have observed, Hadron Larry Qualig Quark
is just not even worth responding to.

As you also notice, I don't even directly respond to Snit. Snit is such
a disruptive, insulting ad hominem troll, that anyone who responds
directly to him to rebut his idiocy winds up getting sucked into his
pathological lying circus, even trolls. He is one person that is
universally hated by all.

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2010, 7:44:06 AM10/31/10
Marti van Lin wrote:

> And Old MacDonald had a Q00k
>
> Ee aye e-i-oe
>
> And-ah Quack Quack here, and a Quack Quack there

And a qualig here and a quark quark there ...

And a flatfish here and a nyshift there ...

> Ee aye a-oe

LOL!

--
HPT

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2010, 8:43:43 AM10/31/10
Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
>> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:
>>
>>> RonB stated in post iaht0i$bja$1...@news.eternal-september.org on

>>> See how you just lash out. The most "trollish" think about me is I
>> > respond
>>> to your BS and the BS of others who are, clearly, just trolling.
>>>
>>> And then you hold it against me - how *dare* I respond to your grade
>> > school
>>> put downs and other BS!
>>
>> You're a whining nancy boy, Snit.
>>
>> "Lash out". *LMAO*
>
> Why are you anxious to *not* talk about Linux?

Why are you such a whining, wheedling putz who enjoys getting immersed in
personality conflicts?

--
Adhere to your own act, and congratulate yourself if you have done something
strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age.

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2010, 8:45:31 AM10/31/10
William Poaster pulled this Usenet face plant:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0
>
> As an aside, I note more people are binning the Hadron troll's idiocy in
> aolu. They've also asked those few who do respond to the troll, to stop
> quoting him.

I don't know how "Hadron"'s head fits through doorways.

--
Language is a virus from another planet.
-- William Burroughs

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2010, 8:46:44 AM10/31/10
High Plains Thumper pulled this Usenet face plant:

> William Poaster wrote:
>>
>> As an aside, I note more people are binning the Hadron troll's idiocy
>> in aolu. They've also asked those few who do respond to the troll, to
>> stop quoting him.
>
> A few in AOLU have really come up with choice rebuttals to Hadron's
> idiocy. Overall, from what I have observed, Hadron Larry Qualig Quark
> is just not even worth responding to.
>
> As you also notice, I don't even directly respond to Snit. Snit is such
> a disruptive, insulting ad hominem troll, that anyone who responds
> directly to him to rebut his idiocy winds up getting sucked into his
> pathological lying circus, even trolls. He is one person that is
> universally hated by all.

I don't hate Snit. However, I have only so much patience for cloud talk.

--
I demand IMPUNITY!

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 11:52:29 AM10/31/10
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post iajo92$1h9$4...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/10 5:43 AM:

> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
>>> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

>>> You're a whining nancy boy, Snit.
>>>
>>> "Lash out". *LMAO*
>>
>> Why are you anxious to *not* talk about Linux?
>
> Why are you such a whining, wheedling putz who enjoys getting immersed in
> personality conflicts?

See: I am talking about Linux. You make personal attacks.

You have little faith in your ability to make a reasoned argument. It is a
shame.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 12:00:37 PM10/31/10
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post iajoen$1h9$6...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/10 5:46 AM:

I rarely talk about the cloud. While it will continue to grow, I do not
think it will be as important, at least in the short run, as do many.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Glenn Hall

Oct 31, 2010, 12:01:51 PM10/31/10
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:43:43 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
>>> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

>>> You're a whining nancy boy, Snit.
>>>
>>> "Lash out". *LMAO*
>>
>> Why are you anxious to *not* talk about Linux?
>
> Why are you such a whining, wheedling putz who enjoys getting immersed in
> personality conflicts?

That person is like a constantly running toilet that won't stop.
Does he ever stop talking about UI consistency?
No matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more branches to the
spider web as it grows and grows. It's a waste of time.

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 12:08:06 PM10/31/10
High Plains Thumper stated in post iajkb0$3ot$1...@speranza.aioe.org on
10/31/10 4:36 AM:

See how you lash out. Nothing about Linux... just accusations. And, even
worse, completely unsupported accusations.

It shows you are not happy with yourself.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 12:09:01 PM10/31/10
Glenn Hall stated in post q8xsrowiv18m$.myo5154y...@40tude.net on
10/31/10 9:01 AM:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:43:43 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

>>> Why are you anxious to *not* talk about Linux?
>>
>> Why are you such a whining, wheedling putz who enjoys getting immersed in
>> personality conflicts?
>
> That person is like a constantly running toilet that won't stop.
> Does he ever stop talking about UI consistency?

I am not even the one who brought it up here... Chris is.

> No matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more branches to the
> spider web as it grows and grows. It's a waste of time.

Chris is the one who added the "consistency" branch to this discussion. But
you blame me. Why?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Arend van der Berigheid

Oct 31, 2010, 5:30:54 PM10/31/10
"Marti van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht

> Op 30-10-10 11:25, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> <SNIP>

>>> More like One Shrimp - One Krill had "Slow brain" (or similar name)
>>> mental
>>> activity to prevent it from thinking actively.

>>> Disabling the shill will remove the dense trolling.
>>
>> AFAIC 'aioe' is used by many trolls,& not much else. Just blocking it in
>> this group removes the dumb troll whatever he nymshifts to. :-)
>
> Correct William ;-)

Excuse me, dumb Willy you mean?

> I used 'aioe' for about a couple of weeks and this is when the insane
> "Hadron" Quark (da Q00k) became my #1 "rival".

Keep your gay fantasies out of COLA!

> Only scumbags use 'aioe'.

Not entirely true, crossdressing nymshifters like HPT use aioe!

> No single soul, with even the smallest amount of self-respect denigrates
> him- or herself to the "Trollish NTTP server" :-p
>
> Yikes!

Agreed!
A lot of George Hostlers nyms are women names:
Abbie Diaz, Allie Perkins, Allison Juergans, allison_hunt1969, Alicia Hunt,
Amy Fisher, Ana Thema, Anna Banger, Christine Abernathy, Claire Lynn,
Collie
Entragion, Connie Hines, Corrie, corry.lebeu, Corrie Titlaand, Debbie,
doris.gets.her.oates, gabriele howorth, Heddy Seafield, Heidi van Wong,
Karen Hill, Karla Snodgress, kathy_krantz, Kaylie Solomon,Kendra, Kim
Coinop, Kristen, Laura Shillingford, Leslie Bassman, Lilly, Lindy, Lisa
Shavas, Lisa Cottmann, Ms Pixee Dust, Patty LeGrange, patty pippins, Patty
Poppins, Polly Ester, Sally Vadi, Shelly K., Sue, sue quinterra,
sully1999, SunnyB, Susan, Susan Bladder, Susan Lapinski, Susan Wong, Suzi
Wong, suzie.linux, Suzie Wong, Traci, traci.alicock, traci.manicotti,
traci.pusey, Traci Spritzendrainer, Trina Swallows, Trudi Simpkins, Tryxie
Lustern, wendy, Wendy Duzz, Wendy Toiletwater, Winnie Septos.
Plus many, many, many more.

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2010, 8:38:50 PM10/31/10
Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:

> Glenn Hall stated in post q8xsrowiv18m$.myo5154y...@40tude.net on
>

>> That person is like a constantly running toilet that won't stop.
>> Does he ever stop talking about UI consistency?
>
> I am not even the one who brought it up here... Chris is.
>
>> No matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more branches to the
>> spider web as it grows and grows. It's a waste of time.
>
> Chris is the one who added the "consistency" branch to this discussion. But
> you blame me. Why?

Stop playing Mr. Psychologist.

--
O slender as a willow-wand! O clearer than clear water!
O reed by the living pool! Fair river-daughter!

Snit

Oct 31, 2010, 10:44:01 PM10/31/10
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post ial276$mpd$3...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/10 5:38 PM:

> Snit pulled this Usenet face plant:
>
>> Glenn Hall stated in post q8xsrowiv18m$.myo5154y...@40tude.net on
>>
>>> That person is like a constantly running toilet that won't stop.
>>> Does he ever stop talking about UI consistency?
>>
>> I am not even the one who brought it up here... Chris is.
>>
>>> No matter what anyone replies, he adds a few more branches to the
>>> spider web as it grows and grows. It's a waste of time.
>>
>> Chris is the one who added the "consistency" branch to this discussion. But
>> you blame me. Why?
>
> Stop playing Mr. Psychologist.

I merely noted a fact: you brought up the topic of consistency.
Furthermore, Glenn Hall incorrectly said I did.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Nov 1, 2010, 9:10:39 AM11/1/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I don't know how "Hadron"'s head fits through doorways.

Sideways. :-)

--
HPT

chrisv

Nov 1, 2010, 9:13:54 AM11/1/10
>On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:08:18 -0300, Magno wrote:
>>
>> You know... Snit is not so bad,

Glad I've got you plonked.

chrisv

Nov 1, 2010, 9:19:39 AM11/1/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I don't hate Snit.

He's a contemptible asshole.

Hadron

Nov 1, 2010, 10:52:31 AM11/1/10
William Poaster <w...@mylinux.machines.test> writes:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> RonB wrote:

>>> "Sometimes" morning, noon and night, 365 days a year.
>>
>> You hit the nail on the head. The following quotes sum it up precisely:
>> ;-)
>>
>> 101- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's thing is
>> twisting your words so he can win an argument against a straw man.
>> That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42
>>
>> RonB: (COLA): "Why do you bother responding to Snit? He makes no point,
>> he simply gainsays whatever you say. Just another version of Hadron's
>> 'you're a liar' mantra, which is about all he can muster nowadays." 27
>> May 2010
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/279210dd877d7aa0
>
> As an aside, I note more people are binning the Hadron troll's idiocy in
> aolu. They've also asked those few who do respond to the troll, to stop
> quoting him.

Dumb Willy is of course telling lies. As a cursory glance at the group
will show you.

One Shot-One Kill

Nov 1, 2010, 1:09:58 PM11/1/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>>I don't hate Snit.
>
> He's a contemptible asshole.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a worthless piece of shit.

High Plains Thumper

Nov 2, 2010, 2:27:11 AM11/2/10

That's putting it mildly.

41- hophead: "I have been reading and occasionally posting to CSMA for a
long time now, since 1995 at least. There have always been trolls and
morons, but I've never seen anything quite so disruptive as the Snit
circus. Snit will *never* back down or stop, and neither will most of
his opponents. A good kill file is your only hope." 20 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3161a78667e299eb

--
HPT