OT: Note to RonB

1 view

Snit

Jan 30, 2009, 12:59:06 AM1/30/09
There - we have both proved we can post the same stuff over and over.

Now why not end your silliness and either just stop your BS or actually give
reasoned comments on the screen shots you keep asking for and I keep
providing? Why not do so without sinking to lying or name calling?
Seriously - I am being very kind to give you another chance.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 30, 2009, 4:58:07 AM1/30/09
Snit wrote:

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
Linux compared to other operating systems.
[/quote]

--
HPT

122- Sermo Malifer
Snit: "Why do so many people in COLA argue *against* me..."
Sermo Malifer: "Because you're a narcissistic troll who posts
trash just to get people talking about you." 21 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ddf14f502e9b3f1

123- cc (COLA): "Snit posts all the time. You don't have to dig
up months old articles where he brings up years old topics. Just
respond to a current message." 22 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5a712e3312ba9f8a

124- Homer (COLA):
HPT: "Snit in a period of 2 minutes has copied a post of mine,
posting the same following message over and over, in false
pretense as a Linux advocate."
Homer: "That kind of behaviour is not normal, to say the least. I
don't mean this as a personal insult, but I'm perfectly serious
when I say 'Snit' (Michael Glasser) is obviously mentally ill,
and needs help. I was going to suggest that someone alerts his
wife to the problem, but I have to assume she's already aware of
his condition, if she is in fact still living with him. It's
possible, I suppose, that he's already undergoing counselling
and/or on medication, but if he is then it doesn't seem to be
helping much. Maybe he just missed his 'meds' today (again, I
mean that sincerely). 26 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e061874ea94e9ce8

125- Edward Stanfield: "Snit thinks the rules that apply to
honest and honorable people apply to him. That is absurd. He is
the biggest liar in Usenet history. Mackay posted the email to
prove Snit was using sock puppets and he still is. Snit can not
give up his socks puppets and shills. They are the only ones who
ever support him." 28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5b52494d96d12229

126-libcrushersmith: "Snit also thinks Dan Rather still anchors
CBS News and that Gitmo terrorists are innocent! Any time Snit
is cornered, he changes the subject and will never admit he's
wrong." 28 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/fbc516717f3b7ccf

127- The Lost Packet: "well, he's found a seat in my killbin, I
can't be doing with him." 27 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2007526a552b3322

chrisv

Jan 30, 2009, 9:05:22 AM1/30/09
High Plains Thumper wrote:

>Snit wrote:

7 days for you, too, Thumper.

Hadron

Jan 30, 2009, 10:34:11 AM1/30/09
Snit <cs...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

err, he jut did. And you snipped it all you weasel.

RonB

Jan 30, 2009, 10:53:02 AM1/30/09

Bullshit. He showed that an Archive Manager program and a word processor
have different menus. Like, duh.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

Snit

Jan 30, 2009, 11:37:59 AM1/30/09
RonB stated in post op.uokue...@localhost.localdomain on 1/30/09 8:53
AM:

I showed that the menu items they have in common, such as the item to quit,
were not the same.

You freaked out.

Snit:
I have noted that Linux has a *long* way to go to allowing
choice for the *user* in terms of how they want their system
set up - what hot keys they want, what common dialogs, etc.
The standard answer is to limit yourself to not just KDE or
Gnome apps, but to find those that actually follow those
standards well.
But *nobody* has been able to provide a name of a distro nor
a list of apps to put on one's own system that would allow
you to have a full featured desktop that was also had even a
relatively consistent UI.
RonB:
What a load of shit.
Snit:
OK, so point to the distro.
Give the list of apps.
Prove me wrong.
RonB:
Red Hat Linux (CentOS). Applications: Opera, Firefox,
Open Office, VirtualBox... and everything else I have
loaded on my computer. Your turn, FUDdite.

I took you up on that. I used the distro *you* hand picked and looked at
the *four* applications you selected; only two were there in the
applications menu so I looked at those *two*.

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/2of4.pdf>

One is "Quit"... the other is "Exit. Both with different icons.

Your hand picked distro and applications to show consistency *still* they
are clearly inconsistent! Amazing... just amazing! Now look at some other
apps in the Applications menu:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/centos.pdf>

Oops. There goes your claim of consistency! LOL!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jan 30, 2009, 11:47:25 AM1/30/09
Hadron stated in post glv6m0$pnv$2...@news.motzarella.org on 1/30/09 8:34 AM:

I have given repeated screen shots.

Poorly done menus
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS-menu.pdf>

Poorly done dialogs:
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.pdf>

Poorly done and Inconsistent dialogs:
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS2.pdf>

Mouse pointers that do not do as they say:
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.mov>

Even Ubuntu has its share of quirks - though it is clearly done much better:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/ubuntu-menu.pdf>

And a movie

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/copy-paste.mov>

That was not good enough for RonB:

Seriously, I want screenshots from CentOS or nothing. That's
the distribution I'm using at this time on this computer and
that's my "unreasonable" demand of the night. What? You don't
want produce the evidence I demand in exactly the way I
demand it? Tough shit, shitbird, that's all I'll accept:

RonB went so far as to claim:

Red Hat (CentOS) is consistent no matter what Desktop
and/or application you're using.

I took him up on that. I used the distro RonB hand picked and looked at the
*four* applications he selected; only two were there in the applications

menu so I looked at those *two*.

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/2of4.pdf>

One is "Quit"... the other is "Exit. Both with different icons.

RonB's hand picked distro and applications are clearly inconsistent. Now

look at some other apps in the Applications menu:

<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/centos.pdf>

Oops. There goes RonB's claim of consistency! LOL!

He has been proved to be completely ignorant of the very distro he claims to
use. And so he freaked out and started posting BS such as:

So your "problem" with Linux is that applications -- ones
that do different jobs -- don't have the exact same menus?

But at least he realized:

... repeating the same lie over and over doesn't make it to truth.

And RonB said... many times:

"And I lie too much" - RonB

And there is know no doubt - he does.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jan 30, 2009, 11:57:38 AM1/30/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 4982cf2f$0$3339$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/30/09 2:58 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> There - we have both proved we can post the same stuff over
>> and over.
>>
>> Now why not end your silliness and either just stop your BS or
>> actually give reasoned comments on the screen shots you keep
>> asking for and I keep providing? Why not do so without
>> sinking to lying or name calling? Seriously - I am being very
>> kind to give you another chance.
>
> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

Hey, I *have* been talking about Linux. Even doing what RonB asked me to do!
I provided screen shots from PCLOS and Ubuntu showing their inconsistencies,
but RonB wanted more:

Seriously, I want screenshots from CentOS or nothing. That's
the distribution I'm using at this time on this computer and
that's my "unreasonable" demand of the night. What? You don't
want produce the evidence I demand in exactly the way I
demand it? Tough shit, shitbird, that's all I'll accept:

And he listed what apps he claimed were consistent:

Red Hat Linux (CentOS). Applications: Opera, Firefox,
Open Office, VirtualBox... and everything else I have
loaded on my computer. Your turn, FUDdite.

RonB even went so far as to claim:

Red Hat (CentOS) is consistent no matter what Desktop
and/or application you're using.

I took him up on his claims. I used the distro RonB hand picked and looked

High Plains Thumper

Jan 30, 2009, 9:40:15 PM1/30/09

*PLONK!*

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Hadron

Jan 31, 2009, 11:29:51 AM1/31/09
Snit <cs...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

> RonB stated in post op.uokue...@localhost.localdomain on 1/30/09 8:53
> AM:

>>> err, he jut did. And you snipped it all you weasel.
>>
>> Bullshit. He showed that an Archive Manager program and a word processor
>> have different menus. Like, duh.
>
> I showed that the menu items they have in common, such as the item to quit,
> were not the same.
>
> You freaked out.

He still does not understand what consistency means in terms of a UI.

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 11:42:04 AM1/31/09
Hadron stated in post gm1uag$t39$2...@news.motzarella.org on 1/31/09 9:29 AM:

Clearly not. He went on and on about how consistent CentOS is... insisting
I needed to look at it and not Ubuntu or PCLOS. So I did. Went out of my
way to do him a favor.

Turned out CentOS, of course, uses the *same* applications and has the same
problems with consistency. As I (and others) have been saying, and he
clearly did not understand, the problem is not on a distro level but on the
level of the whole Linux / OSS ecosystem.

I suspect he did not think I would actually download CentOS and install it.
Of course, and this is a "selling" point of Linux, doing so was trivial...
especially given that I run Linux in virtual machines. Download the ISO and
point a new VM to it. Boom. Done. Took more of my time to take the screen
shots that proved him wrong than to do that!

When I did show him the screen shots, and they - of course - proved him
wrong, he freaked out and insisted I was looking to have something
completely different than what I told him I was looking for. Something,
well, idiotic. He simply threw a tantrum... though, admittedly, a small one
compared to what we have seen from Peter Köhlmann, Don Zeigler, or -
especially - Steve Carroll (who has been throwing the largest online tantrum
I have ever seen).

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]