Two important things you can do on a Mac and 1 you can't....

1 view

MuahMan

Oct 22, 2006, 8:59:19 PM10/22/06
You can.
1. Play with iTunes
2. ...... umm ok just one for now, i'm sure there's more stuff in the
pipeline.

You can't do.

1. Work of any kind (i.e. see any office building on planet earth)

iMojo

Oct 22, 2006, 9:10:44 PM10/22/06
In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

You need to get out more Pratty.

80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
the Mac platform.

Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
find Macs. My company is 90% Macintosh. We have PCs only to run IIS and
ASP. Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.

MuahMan

Oct 22, 2006, 9:14:31 PM10/22/06

"iMojo" <iadv...@macs.net> wrote in message

So you are saying companies that lie for a living use mostly macs?

iMojo

Oct 22, 2006, 9:19:13 PM10/22/06
In article <laKdnaHUDI_piqHY...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

No, I'm saying you're a liar.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 22, 2006, 11:04:32 PM10/22/06
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose
to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,
> "MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can.
>> 1. Play with iTunes
>> 2. ...... umm ok just one for now, i'm sure there's more stuff in the
>> pipeline.
>>
>> You can't do.
>>
>> 1. Work of any kind (i.e. see any office building on planet earth)
>
>You need to get out more Pratty.
>
>80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
>Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
>the Mac platform.

And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows
versions. The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
just supposed to accept that on faith.

>Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
>find Macs.

Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.

> My company is 90% Macintosh.

My condolences.

> We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.

So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.

> Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
>any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.

LOL! And all the ones that use Windows or Linux are 'unserious'?

--
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the
very structure of our government."

Bill Clinton became eligible for reinstatement to the
bar on January 19,2006 after losing his law license
in 2001 for comitting perjury.

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 12:32:25 AM10/23/06
In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,
"MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

You are SOOOOOOOOOO wrong. Get a life, Pratt

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 12:38:54 AM10/23/06
In article <c2coj2h8i10h97qes...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose
> to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,
> > "MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> You can.
> >> 1. Play with iTunes
> >> 2. ...... umm ok just one for now, i'm sure there's more stuff in the
> >> pipeline.
> >>
> >> You can't do.
> >>
> >> 1. Work of any kind (i.e. see any office building on planet earth)
> >
> >You need to get out more Pratty.
> >
> >80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
> >Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
> >the Mac platform.
>
> And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows
> versions.

You think those copies of Photoshop for Windows go to publishers? That's
a laugh. They go to corporations who use them for internal purposes. The
Marcom departments of most corporations use PCs because IT management
won't let them have Macs. I work in this field every day, Pratt, I KNOW.

> The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
> just supposed to accept that on faith.

Thanks for playing, but you're wrong again Pratt. Corporations buy those
copies.

> >Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
> >find Macs.
>
> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.

I don't see where that statement is an attempt to back-up that claim.

> > My company is 90% Macintosh.
>
> My condolences.

Our condolences to you for being such a loser.

> > We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.
>
> So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.

PCs are cheaper. a server's OS doesn't matter that much. I'd do the same
thing.

> > Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
> >any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.
>
> LOL! And all the ones that use Windows or Linux are 'unserious'?

There just aren't many of the former. Linux makes for good, cheap render
farms though.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 23, 2006, 12:51:08 AM10/23/06
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 04:38:54 GMT, George Graves <gmgr...@pacbell.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <c2coj2h8i10h97qes...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose
>> to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >You need to get out more Pratty.
>> >
>> >80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
>> >Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
>> >the Mac platform.
>>
>> And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows
>> versions.
>
>You think those copies of Photoshop for Windows go to publishers? That's
>a laugh. They go to corporations who use them for internal purposes. The
>Marcom departments of most corporations use PCs because IT management
>won't let them have Macs. I work in this field every day, Pratt, I KNOW.

1) I'm not Pratt, Edwin.
2) I'm still waiting for a little more than 'take it on faith.'

>> The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
>> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
>> just supposed to accept that on faith.
>
>Thanks for playing, but you're wrong again Pratt. Corporations buy those
>copies.

Evidence?

>> >Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
>> >find Macs.
>>
>> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.
>
>I don't see where that statement is an attempt to back-up that claim.
>>
>> > My company is 90% Macintosh.
>>
>> My condolences.
>
>Our condolences to you for being such a loser.

If this is loserhood then what's winnerhood like?

>> > We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.
>>
>> So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.
>
>PCs are cheaper. a server's OS doesn't matter that much. I'd do the same
>thing.
>
>> > Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
>> >any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.
>>
>> LOL! And all the ones that use Windows or Linux are 'unserious'?
>
>There just aren't many of the former.

Evidence? Of any kind? And, no, 'cause I say so' isn't evidence.

Mark Thompson

Oct 23, 2006, 3:31:38 AM10/23/06
In article <c2coj2h8i10h97qes...@4ax.com>,
Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
> >find Macs.
>
> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.

it's probably higher than that, I've never even seen a PC being used in
a creative way at a marketing firm or ad agency. Gosh, using a PC for
Photoshop would be PAINFUL, nobody that is a professional would even
consider it. PCs are fine for spreadsheets and old fashioned word
processing, but when you get into Photography, Film, Music, etc PCs just
aren't up to the task, they aren't created for that type of work.

Jim Polaski

Oct 23, 2006, 3:35:54 AM10/23/06
In article <c2coj2h8i10h97qes...@4ax.com>,
Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose
> to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
> >In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,
> > "MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> You can.
> >> 1. Play with iTunes
> >> 2. ...... umm ok just one for now, i'm sure there's more stuff in the
> >> pipeline.
> >>
> >> You can't do.
> >>
> >> 1. Work of any kind (i.e. see any office building on planet earth)
> >
> >You need to get out more Pratty.
> >
> >80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
> >Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
> >the Mac platform.
>
> And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows
> versions. The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
> just supposed to accept that on faith.

Why don't you provide something other than your opinion to prove the Mac
folks are wrong?

Don't forget there is evidence. Go to the industry publications, things
like Graphis, HOW, Creative, PDN, Communication Arts Annuals and see
what folks are using. A lot of Mac users have visited those pubs and it
backs up our observations just as the Gistics studies did in the past.

> >Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
> >find Macs.
>
> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.

You're provided what info to dispute same?

> > My company is 90% Macintosh.
>
> My condolences.

You mean it's your problem to accept, since that's the way it just is.

> > We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.
>
> So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.

It can be, however I'd bet this company had PC servers before the xServe
was around so they stayed with what they knew.

> > Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
> >any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.
>
> LOL! And all the ones that use Windows or Linux are 'unserious'?

He didn't say that klyde, he was talking about the majority of the pro
studios. They use Macs because there's less downtime fixing odd
problems. That's the same reason the Avid users pitched a fit years ago
when Avid tried to minimize Macs and go to PC's running NT.

--
Jim

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 4:44:32 AM10/23/06
In article <edioj2pe8shvt12e3...@4ax.com>,

A winner is is someone who uses the RIGHT tool for the job, I.E., Macs
for DTP and graphics arts, Windows for CAD/CAM and does so
dispassionately without showing any bias.

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 4:49:55 AM10/23/06
In article <453c6fd9$0$604$815e...@news.qwest.net>,
Mark Thompson <mk...@sourceforge.net> wrote:

To be fair, they DO work, but as has been stated many times (and ignored
by Windroids just as often no matter what evidence they are presented
with), the lack of decent system-level color management keeps Windows
out of high-end publishing and graphics. One would have to be crazy to
try to do precision color calibration and matching (when that's a vital
part of the job) without ColorSync.

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 5:02:32 AM10/23/06
In article <edioj2pe8shvt12e3...@4ax.com>,

Sorry, you did read like him there for a moment. But on reflection, your
sentence structure, coherence and spelling are so much more literate
than Pratt's, that you obviously cannot be he.

> 2) I'm still waiting for a little more than 'take it on faith.'

The facts are out there and have been posted here before, Mayor, and you
have seen them. IOW, you wouldn't accept the fact if Thomas Koll
(Photoshop's author) HIMSELF told you that in person. One thing that I
have learned in my decade or so posting here, If one provides proof that
a given Windroid is wrong, two things will happen: 1) the Windroid won't
respond ever again to the thread where the proof was provided and 2) the
next time the same subject comes up, said Windroid will be right back to
his former assertion as if such proof had never been provided. IOW, its
an empty, fruitless procedure.

> >> The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
> >> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
> >> just supposed to accept that on faith.
> >
> >Thanks for playing, but you're wrong again Pratt. Corporations buy those
> >copies.
>
> Evidence?

Its right here in this NG today. Windroids STEAL software, by their own
admission, and see nothing wrong with the practice, they don't buy it.
So how could Windows hobbyists be responsible for all those sold Windows
copies of Photoshop? Somebody's buying them.

Dave Fritzinger

Oct 23, 2006, 1:18:06 PM10/23/06

Mooliar, didn't the wonderful people at Falwell's FundyU teach you that
lying is not a good thing? I have explained in the past all of the
*work* that I do on my various Macs, with no help from a Windows
machine at all. Yet, you still spout lies, as shown above. Your
trolling really has to get better, because now it is just too obvious
that you are lying, and that you don't have a clue about the Mac
platform.

--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

zara

Oct 23, 2006, 7:36:58 PM10/23/06

"Dave Fritzinger" <dfri...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Pull the cob out of your ass Dave, it makes you look stiff.

Jim Lee Jr.

Oct 23, 2006, 8:20:15 PM10/23/06
In article <jmc%g.52737$zF5....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

> Pull the cob out of your ass Dave, it makes you look stiff.

Figures you would bring up "ass" and "stiff."

zara

Oct 23, 2006, 8:45:29 PM10/23/06

"Jim Lee Jr." <peejs...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

Did you get a woodie?

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 10:48:01 PM10/23/06
In article <jmc%g.52737$zF5....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

Stop siding with Pratt, zara, the guys are laughing at you.

zara

Oct 23, 2006, 11:11:02 PM10/23/06

"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

If I were the "old" zara, I might have called you a "googan" - but I'm not,
so I won't.

George Graves

Oct 23, 2006, 11:42:56 PM10/23/06
In article <_uf%g.23525$Zn1....@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

Whatever a "googan" is (other than a colloquial name for the bogeyman).
But the only reason why I spend time responding to you this way, is
because I think there's a "good" zara locked away somewhere inside this
"bad" zara who posts here, and I'd like see more of him and less of the
bad one.

zara

Oct 24, 2006, 7:52:27 AM10/24/06

"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

See - that wasn't so hard. I forgive you for wishing me to die, and wanting
to kill my family. Progress is good.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 24, 2006, 1:36:15 PM10/24/06
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:20:15 -0500, "Jim Lee Jr."
<peejs...@insightbb.com> chose to bless us with the following
wisdom:

>In article <jmc%g.52737$zF5....@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,

It figures that those references would bring out to sniff around.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 24, 2006, 1:54:24 PM10/24/06
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:35:54 -0500, Jim Polaski <jpol...@NOync.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <c2coj2h8i10h97qes...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose
>> to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >You need to get out more Pratty.
>> >
>> >80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
>> >Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
>> >the Mac platform.
>>
>> And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows
>> versions. The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying
>> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
>> just supposed to accept that on faith.
>
>Why don't you provide something other than your opinion to prove the Mac
>folks are wrong?

The newest in Maccie dodges. When challenged to prove their assertions
Maccies are more and more claiming that their assertions don't need
any proof and must be accepted as gospel until the doubters prove them
wrong.
Sorry guys, that's not how it works. You made the claim. Its up to you
to back it up.

>Don't forget there is evidence. Go to the industry publications, things
>like Graphis, HOW, Creative, PDN, Communication Arts Annuals and see
>what folks are using. A lot of Mac users have visited those pubs and it
>backs up our observations just as the Gistics studies did in the past.

A lot of words but still no evidence.

>> >Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
>> >find Macs.
>>
>> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.
>
>You're provided what info to dispute same?

I've asked him to back up his claim. So far neither he nor you have
even tried.

>> > My company is 90% Macintosh.
>>
>> My condolences.
>
>You mean it's your problem to accept, since that's the way it just is.

Actually Edwin already did a pretty good job of explaining what he
meant. 8)

>> > We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.
>>
>> So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.
>
>It can be, however I'd bet this company had PC servers before the xServe
>was around so they stayed with what they knew.
>

>> > Go to any serious recording studio...you will finds Macs. Go to
>> >any serious movie production house and you will finds Macs.
>>
>> LOL! And all the ones that use Windows or Linux are 'unserious'?
>
>He didn't say that klyde,

The implication is clearly there.

> he was talking about the majority of the pro
>studios. They use Macs because there's less downtime fixing odd
>problems. That's the same reason the Avid users pitched a fit years ago
>when Avid tried to minimize Macs and go to PC's running NT.

Another claim that I'll bet you'll never back up.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 24, 2006, 1:55:03 PM10/24/06
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:31:38 -0600, Mark Thompson
<mk...@sourceforge.net> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

More rambling with no evidence.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 24, 2006, 2:05:07 PM10/24/06
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:02:32 GMT, George Graves <gmgr...@pacbell.net>

Actually what's been posted here before is pretty much what's being
posted here now - because I say so. That's not really evidence.

> IOW, you wouldn't accept the fact if Thomas Koll
>(Photoshop's author) HIMSELF told you that in person.

Not if just came in here and said 'Because I say so'. If all of this
is true there would be evidence of it. Trade publications would have
surveys and the like. It would be fairly easy for someone working in
the field to look these up and provide them.

> One thing that I
>have learned in my decade or so posting here, If one provides proof that
>a given Windroid is wrong, two things will happen: 1) the Windroid won't
>respond ever again to the thread where the proof was provided and 2) the
>next time the same subject comes up, said Windroid will be right back to
>his former assertion as if such proof had never been provided. IOW, its
>an empty, fruitless procedure.

That's pretty much platform independent behavior. And all I'm asking
for is some kind of actual, objective evidence.

>> >Thanks for playing, but you're wrong again Pratt. Corporations buy those
>> >copies.
>>
>> Evidence?
>
>Its right here in this NG today.

Where? All I see is a bunch of Maccies chanting empty Maccies mantras
that they've accepted as truth. All I'm asking for is some kind of
evidence that should be abundunt if the mantra is true.

>Windroids STEAL software, by their own admission, and see nothing wrong with the practice, they don't buy it.

This, also, is a platform idependent behavior. If you think Maccies
don't steal software then you're living in a fantasyland.

>So how could Windows hobbyists be responsible for all those sold Windows
>copies of Photoshop? Somebody's buying them.

Which is exactly my point. I just don't buy into your asertion that
companies are buying them to make flyers for the company picnic. Every
place I've ever worked did that sort of thing in Microsoft Publisher.
(Insert gratuitious, obligatory remark about how Publisher was
intended to take on professional page layout software, even though it
wasn't.)

George Graves

Oct 24, 2006, 4:37:48 PM10/24/06
In article <S3n%g.12210$kI6....@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

Where have I ever said that I widhed you to die? More importantly, where
did I threaten your family? I don't even know (or really care) that you
HAVE a family.

--
George Graves
Avoid arguments with the little woman about lifting the toilet seat

George Graves

Oct 24, 2006, 5:03:59 PM10/24/06
In article <4tksj29a6q09fgq5a...@4ax.com>,

Some might, but they don't advertise it, or wear it like a badge of
honor like you Winturds do here. I mean Pratt, Mr. -273, Elam, De Mena,
Slade, and others BRAG about it and act as if its so common an occurence
that surely it CAN'T be against the law any longer. Big news - it is
against the law and immoral.

If all Windroids steal all their software, then that only leaves
commercial organizations to buy it. QED!

> >So how could Windows hobbyists be responsible for all those sold Windows
> >copies of Photoshop? Somebody's buying them.
>
> Which is exactly my point. I just don't buy into your asertion that
> companies are buying them to make flyers for the company picnic.

If you are so naive as to think that to announce "company picnics" is
all the use that corporations have for DTP tools, then you have no
business even trying to discuss this topic.

> Every place I've ever worked did that sort of thing in Microsoft Publisher.

Many corporations may well use MP to do company function announcements,
but most companies have Marketing Communications Departments to do more
than that with DTP. They publish marketing collateral: sales brochures,
white papers, data sheets, applications notes, internal documents for
their sales force, and a hundred other tools that a corporation needs to
sell their products in today's marketplace. These use Photoshop,
Illustrator, and InDesign to do their jobs. Most MarCom Departments that
I know wish that they could use these apps on Macs too, but their
"enlightened" IT mangagement won't let most have them. Those that do
have Macs have to administer them themselves as the IT personnel won't
touch 'em (and some won't even let the Macs on the corporate network, in
spite of the fact that they'll work perfectly). Good thing that Macs are
so reliable and easy to administer, huh? Working with MarComs is my
BUSINESS, Mayor. I am neither lying nor even slightly exaggerating here.

> (Insert gratuitious, obligatory remark about how Publisher was
> intended to take on professional page layout software, even though it
> wasn't.)

The last time I looked at Publisher, it was lousy. The Linux DTP program
Scribus is better than Publisher and its so primitive as to be
thoroughly laughable. Were it not for PDF, neither of those programs
would be good for anything more than "Xerox machine" publishing.

zara

Oct 24, 2006, 5:45:53 PM10/24/06

"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Forget about it - I said, I forgive you.

George Graves

Oct 24, 2006, 6:24:52 PM10/24/06
In article <pqksj25ld4uivkh5n...@4ax.com>,

Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:31:38 -0600, Mark Thompson
> <mk...@sourceforge.net> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

> >> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.
> >
> >it's probably higher than that, I've never even seen a PC being used in
> >a creative way at a marketing firm or ad agency. Gosh, using a PC for
> >Photoshop would be PAINFUL, nobody that is a professional would even
> >consider it. PCs are fine for spreadsheets and old fashioned word
> >processing, but when you get into Photography, Film, Music, etc PCs just
> >aren't up to the task, they aren't created for that type of work.
>
> More rambling with no evidence.

Again, like you would believe any evidence presented ... or even
acknowledge it for that matter.

George Graves

Oct 24, 2006, 10:02:21 PM10/24/06
In article <8Qv%g.37456$vi3....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

I don't need forgiveness for something I didn't do.

245-Trioxin

Oct 25, 2006, 1:16:32 AM10/25/06
On 2006-10-22 23:04:32 -0400, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> said:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:10:44 -0400, iMojo <iadv...@macs.net> chose

> to bless us with the following wisdom:
>

>> In article <wIOdnY1DHMZ-jqHY...@adelphia.com>,

>> "MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You can.
>>> 1. Play with iTunes
>>> 2. ...... umm ok just one for now, i'm sure there's more stuff in the pipeline.
>>>
>>> You can't do.
>>>
>>> 1. Work of any kind (i.e. see any office building on planet earth)
>>

>> You need to get out more Pratty.
>> 80% of every book, magazine, video, movie, print ad, online ad, music
>> Cd, DVD, musical recording, newspaper etc... was designed/produced on
>> the Mac platform.
>
> And you can back this up? Most software Photoshop sales is for Windows

> versions. The standard Maccie mantra is that home hobbyists are buying

> all of those copies. But once again we have a situation where we're
> just supposed to accept that on faith.
>>

>> Go to any marketing agency (big or small) in any major city and u will
>> find Macs.
>
> Which hardly backs up you 80% of everything is made on a Mac claim.
>

>> My company is 90% Macintosh.
>
> My condolences.
>

>> We have PCs only to run IIS and ASP.
>
> So much for the notion that the Mac is a superior webserver.

If they're running ASP applications, then IIS would be the server of
choice. This doesn't say anything about Mac's ability as a web server.
You might as well chastise Windows for not being superior enough to
run some AppleScript.

zara

Oct 25, 2006, 8:02:42 AM10/25/06

"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Look - I'm not into combing through thousands of posts, to prove what was
said or not said - I leave stuff like that to people without lives, like
Snit. But it is assuredly, in the record. Ping Snit to do a search - you
will flatter him, and give meaning to his tawdry little life.
Regardless - it's past history. Now we can move on to a more meaningful and
mutually rewarding, relationship.

George Graves

Oct 25, 2006, 7:58:05 PM10/25/06
In article <nnI%g.4728$Bs....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> wrote:

I'll admit that I posted things which certainly imply that I would not
be crying at your funeral, but that's a long way from threatening your
life or your family and if something I said gave you that impression,
then I assure you that it was an unintended consequence of a poorly
thought-through (on my part) post. I don't "hate" anyone here enought to
make threrats like that simply because I don't get that involved with
people I don't even know. So its unlikely that I actually threatened
you, but if I did, possibly it was the result at a momentary anger at
something you said that I found particularly beyond the pale of
acceptable UseNet behavior, I don't know.

There are some things that I consider outside the scope of decent
behavior and good taste on UseNet (even though in my 10 years+ here,
I've probably done at least some of them at one time or another - I
don't pretend to be perfect). Things like death threats, threats of
bodily harm, threats to contact someone's employer, making libelous
accusations and character assassination, etc. I.E. if one thinks one
might be going too far, one probably is. Now many things are OK. Calling
an opponent a retard, idiot, fuckwad, etc., are all in a day's posting.
Nobody takes them seriously and they are OK, Making fun of some idiotic
belief system that an opponent holds is also fair game. Even questioning
someone's imediate forebearers is fine as long as it's just "in fun" and
done for effect. However, if one were to actually go into someone's
private life and find out that they were illegitimate and posted that
all over UseNet, that's unacceptable. Also, I think that when people
start getting really angry at a particular fellow poster, they should
probably put that person in their personal kill-file for a while, and of
course, people like Snit need to stay there permanently.

Snit

Oct 25, 2006, 8:14:57 PM10/25/06
"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> stated in post
gmgraves-C3A2B8...@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com on 10/25/06 4:58
PM:

I would love to see specific posts of mine that lead you to that conclusion.
You will, of course, not post any, even if you see this post. Says a lot
about you.

--
€ Different version numbers refer to different versions
€ Macs are Macs and Apple is still making and selling Macs

zara

Oct 25, 2006, 9:18:33 PM10/25/06

"George Graves" <gmgr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

I like it.

zara

Oct 25, 2006, 9:19:13 PM10/25/06

"Snit" <SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID> wrote in message

You amaze me.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 25, 2006, 9:37:28 PM10/25/06
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:24:52 GMT, George Graves <gmgr...@pacbell.net>

chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>In article <pqksj25ld4uivkh5n...@4ax.com>,
> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:31:38 -0600, Mark Thompson
>> <mk...@sourceforge.net> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>> >it's probably higher than that, I've never even seen a PC being used in
>> >a creative way at a marketing firm or ad agency. Gosh, using a PC for
>> >Photoshop would be PAINFUL, nobody that is a professional would even
>> >consider it. PCs are fine for spreadsheets and old fashioned word
>> >processing, but when you get into Photography, Film, Music, etc PCs just
>> >aren't up to the task, they aren't created for that type of work.
>>
>> More rambling with no evidence.
>
>Again, like you would believe any evidence presented ... or even
>acknowledge it for that matter.

It looks like we'll never find out because no one seems to have any to
present.

245-Trioxin

Oct 25, 2006, 10:33:26 PM10/25/06
On 2006-10-25 21:37:28 -0400, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> said:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:24:52 GMT, George Graves <gmgr...@pacbell.net>
> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:
>
>> In article <pqksj25ld4uivkh5n...@4ax.com>,
>> Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:31:38 -0600, Mark Thompson
>>> <mk...@sourceforge.net> chose to bless us with the following wisdom:

>>> More rambling with no evidence.
>>
>> Again, like you would believe any evidence presented ... or even
>> acknowledge it for that matter.
>
> It looks like we'll never find out because no one seems to have any to
> present.

I do know CCAD teaches Creative Suite using Macs and they're a pretty
good design school.

Steve Carroll

Oct 25, 2006, 11:28:39 PM10/25/06
In article <C1654C11.63C6D%SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID> wrote:

Any post with the name "Snit" in the 'from' field.

--
Heck, OS X is not even partially based on FreeBSD - Snit
Sandman and Carroll are running around trying to crucify trolls

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 25, 2006, 11:39:58 PM10/25/06
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:33:26 GMT, 245-Trioxin <mike.t...@gmail.com>

Which doesn't really address the point.

Snit

Oct 26, 2006, 12:13:49 AM10/26/06
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> stated in post
52U%g.35305$X11....@bignews7.bellsouth.net on 10/25/06 6:19 PM:

I am honest and honorable... it is sad that such a thing is rare and amazing
in CSMA. I would prefer if it were not.

--
€ OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD)
€ OS X users are at far less risk of malware then are XP users

245-Trioxin

Oct 26, 2006, 12:32:18 AM10/26/06

Just offering a little evidence that creative professionals use Macs.
I'm not suggesting it proves it with complete certainty or anything -
simply that it is some evidence that supports one side of the argument.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 26, 2006, 1:33:11 AM10/26/06
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 04:32:18 GMT, 245-Trioxin <mike.t...@gmail.com>

No one ever said that they didn't. I'm just doubting this 80% number
given the number of sales of Windows versions of many of these
programs.

zara

Oct 26, 2006, 7:49:18 AM10/26/06

"Snit" <SN...@CABLEONE.NET.lNVALID> wrote in message

I wouldn't go that far - amazing is enough

Snit

Oct 26, 2006, 10:36:56 AM10/26/06
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> stated in post
Og10h.46431$vi3....@bignews3.bellsouth.net on 10/26/06 4:49 AM:

>>> You amaze me.
>>
>> I am honest and honorable... it is sad that such a thing is rare and
>> amazing
>> in CSMA. I would prefer if it were not.
>
> I wouldn't go that far - amazing is enough

Who, in CSMA, do you think is generally honest and honorable?

--
€ If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality")
€ Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree)

zara

Oct 26, 2006, 10:53:27 AM10/26/06

> "zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> stated in post
> Og10h.46431$vi3....@bignews3.bellsouth.net on 10/26/06 4:49 AM:

>>> I am honest and honorable... it is sad that such a thing is rare and
>>> amazing
>>> in CSMA. I would prefer if it were not.
>>
>> I wouldn't go that far - amazing is enough
>
> Who, in CSMA, do you think is generally honest and honorable?

beats me.

Snit

Oct 26, 2006, 10:55:54 AM10/26/06
"zara" <zsp...@visionnet.net> stated in post
sV30h.17333$kI6....@bignews4.bellsouth.net on 10/26/06 7:53 AM:

I wonder if anyone in CSMA has a better answer. We all make mistakes... but
who, in general, is honest and honorable. Clearly I am... even though there
are those that claim otherwise they cannot find counter-examples... so their
accusations show they are neither honest nor honorable. But who is. I
started a thread a while back on this topic and a few names bubbled up...
but seems that there are not many. It is a shame.

--
€ Different viruses are still different even if in the same "family"
€ Dreamweaver and GoLive are professional web development applications