Linus on Choice

1 view

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 9, 2010, 4:55:54 PM7/9/10
http://news.oreilly.com/2008/07/linux-torvalds-on-linux-distri.html

Me personally, I'm a believer in choice. Yes, it can be confusing, and
yes, it can cause the market to look more fragmented, but on the other
hand, it also begets competition. And competition is good - and it's good
even within a project. It's what makes people try different things, and
it ends up being very motivational.

So I don't personally think we'd have gotten anywhere without all those
wild-and-wacky distributions. I'd rather have a bit of spirited
discussion and even infighting than a staid landscape with a single
vendor (or a couple of vendors who carve out the market)

--
BOFH excuse #54:

Evil dogs hypnotised the night shift

DFS

Jul 9, 2010, 5:08:43 PM7/9/10

hmmm...I wonder which distro he uses...

7

Jul 9, 2010, 5:31:50 PM7/9/10
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil
Traffic Light Department of Marketing:

> hmmm...I wonder which distro he uses...

Interesting question.
Every distro he uses is made using his own Linux.
How weird is that?!

Homer

Jul 9, 2010, 6:43:31 PM7/9/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom
<ahls...@launchmodem.com> spake thusly:

> Me personally, I'm a believer in choice.

What's to believe?

Choice isn't some theory, it's a fact stemming
from our individuality. I find it amusing when
people (like Schwartz, for example) talk about
"choice" like its a problem that should be cured,
when in fact the only possible "cure" would be
the anahilation of humanity. How else does he
propose to prevent us from being individuals,
each with our own unique desires and
preferences, and subsequently the ability to
express those desires and preferences in the
form of many different implementations, used
by many different people?

Such arguments are completely moot, unless
the goal is some totalitarian regime which
transforms humamity into clones.

> Yes, it can be confusing

Choice is only confusing to those with the
inability to make decisions. Should everyone in
the world suffer because of a handful of idiots?

> and yes it can cause the market to look more
> fragmented

What does that even mean, if anything? AFAICT
the entire premise of "fragmentation", as some
kind of derogatory term, is complete gibberish.
I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what the
negative consequences are supposed to be, if
any. Frankly I suspect it's nothing but a myth,
used as FUD by pro-facists like Schwartz, in a
sort of scaremongering tactic to encourage
people to think like slaves.

--
K.
http://slated.org

Snit

Jul 9, 2010, 6:51:29 PM7/9/10
Homer stated in post almarsoft.2788...@news.individual.net on
7/9/10 3:43 PM:

>> Yes, it can be confusing
>
> Choice is only confusing to those with the
> inability to make decisions. Should everyone in
> the world suffer because of a handful of idiots?

I would *love* to see you try to show support for this.

Please.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 9, 2010, 6:52:56 PM7/9/10
Homer stated in post almarsoft.2788...@news.individual.net on
7/9/10 3:43 PM:

>> and yes it can cause the market to look more

>> fragmented
>
> What does that even mean, if anything? AFAICT
> the entire premise of "fragmentation", as some
> kind of derogatory term, is complete gibberish.
> I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what the
> negative consequences are supposed to be, if
> any. Frankly I suspect it's nothing but a myth,
> used as FUD by pro-facists like Schwartz, in a
> sort of scaremongering tactic to encourage
> people to think like slaves.

If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a product,
should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?

There is no one answer which targets desktop Linux. The fragmentation of
the desktop Linux market leads to lower development. How could it not?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Homer

Jul 9, 2010, 7:47:16 PM7/9/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Snit spake thusly:

> Homer stated in post
> almarsoft.2788...@news.individual.net on 7/9/10 3:43 PM:

>> Choice is only confusing to those with the inability to make

>> decisions. Should everyone in the world suffer because of a handful
>> of idiots?
>
> I would *love* to see you try to show support for this.

You need me to prove that an inability to make a choice is synonymous
with an inability to make a decision?

The mere existence of idiots like you is all the evidence I need.

--
K.
http://slated.org

Homer

Jul 9, 2010, 7:51:54 PM7/9/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Snit spake thusly:

> If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a
> product, should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?

Either, since it makes no difference to the outcome: the software will
still end up being available to all GNU/Linux distributions.

How could it not?

--
K.
http://slated.org

The Hooded Plumber

Jul 9, 2010, 8:05:01 PM7/9/10

What are you?
Some kind of cocksucking stand up philosopher or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4VD8uvgec

You must be a cocksucking Linturd.

Snit

Jul 9, 2010, 8:38:31 PM7/9/10
Homer stated in post 7M-dnaMX56QwK6rR...@bt.com on 7/9/10 4:51
PM:

Availability is assumed in the question. Not sure why you are focusing on
it now.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 9, 2010, 8:40:39 PM7/9/10
Homer stated in post rJidnd75ncELKKrR...@bt.com on 7/9/10 4:47
PM:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Snit spake thusly:
>> Homer stated in post
>> almarsoft.2788...@news.individual.net on 7/9/10 3:43 PM:
>
>>> Choice is only confusing to those with the inability to make
>>> decisions. Should everyone in the world suffer because of a handful
>>> of idiots?
>>
>> I would *love* to see you try to show support for this.
>
> You need me to prove that an inability to make a choice is synonymous
> with an inability to make a decision?

No. I want you to show support for your claim, above. Please show where
choice is confusing only to those who cannot make decisions. For that
matter, show where the inability to decide is the sole or even primary
problem with lots of choices.

> The mere existence of idiots like you is all the evidence I need.

Ah, you have no support so you spew insults. In other words, not even you
believe your own claims.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jul 10, 2010, 12:58:25 AM7/10/10
Snit wrote:
> Homer stated:

>> Either, since it makes no difference to the outcome: the software
>> will still end up being available to all GNU/Linux distributions.
>>
>> How could it not?
>
> Availability is assumed in the question. Not sure why you are
> focusing on it now.

Not sure what your focus is except for trolling this newsgroup.

43- Jason McNorton: "You're one of the many, many paranoid people on
usenet that should be confined most likely. You sit there and refresh
your screen endlessly. You post the same nonsense over and over. Either
you're a super troll, or you're a super mess." 1 Nov 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a8e091c0b248eb0

Here's the rest of the 138 poster quotes on the Snit Circus of
Pathological lies:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a4cc7a5f2899db3c

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Jul 10, 2010, 1:00:55 AM7/10/10
Homer wrote:
> Snit spake thusly:
>> Homer stated:

>>> Choice is only confusing to those with the inability to make
>>> decisions. Should everyone in the world suffer because of a
>>> handful of idiots?
>>
>> I would *love* to see you try to show support for this.
>
> You need me to prove that an inability to make a choice is
> synonymous with an inability to make a decision? The mere existence
> of idiots like you is all the evidence I need.

38- -hh: 'Perversion has utterly nothing to do with the definition of
"synonymous". It is, however, a very clear example of how you attempt
to maliciously debase against anyone who disagrees with you. As such, I
consider this to be a purposeful attempt by you to try to libel me.
This is your only warning to consider rescinding your remark, with the
reminder that you, and you alone are responsible for that accusation,
both in the ethical as well as the full legal meaning of the word
"responsible".' 25 Feb 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/5496641a3426293a

--
HPT

The Hooded Plumber

Jul 10, 2010, 1:17:46 AM7/10/10
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 22:58:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper
<h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Snit wrote:
>> Homer stated:
>>
>>> Either, since it makes no difference to the outcome: the software
>>> will still end up being available to all GNU/Linux distributions.
>>>
>>> How could it not?
>>
>> Availability is assumed in the question. Not sure why you are
>> focusing on it now.
>
>Not sure what your focus is except for trolling this newsgroup.

You seem like a Linturd cocksucker.
Hey fucktard, let's see how good your record keeping does you when you
you are hauled into court for defamation of charactor.

Smee and cock glidin Don say you are are a cocksucker.
I suspect you really are.

Good luck freeturd.

Snit

Jul 10, 2010, 2:23:08 AM7/10/10
High Plains Thumper stated in post i18ulk$v6h$1...@news.eternal-september.org
on 7/9/10 9:58 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Homer stated:
>>
>>> Either, since it makes no difference to the outcome: the software
>>> will still end up being available to all GNU/Linux distributions.
>>>
>>> How could it not?
>>
>> Availability is assumed in the question. Not sure why you are
>> focusing on it now.
>
> Not sure what your focus is

I am sure. You cannot understand a thing you read. Oh well.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

Jul 10, 2010, 3:20:05 AM7/10/10
Homer <use...@slated.org> writes:

Its a well proven concept. Not surprisingly you dont understand it.

> I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what the
> negative consequences are supposed to be, if

Seems fairly obvious. A product is only suitable for a smaller
fragmented part of the full potential market share of the underlying
base OS.

> any. Frankly I suspect it's nothing but a myth,
> used as FUD by pro-facists like Schwartz, in a
> sort of scaremongering tactic to encourage
> people to think like slaves.

Of course you think that. You're an idiot.

> --
> K.
> http://slated.org

Hadron

Jul 10, 2010, 3:20:34 AM7/10/10
Homer <use...@slated.org> writes:

You think it being for KDE or Gnome makes no difference?

Are you insane?????????????

Snit

Jul 10, 2010, 3:33:57 AM7/10/10
Hadron stated in post i19703$p6r$2...@news.eternal-september.org on 7/10/10
12:20 AM:

If they make *no* difference, then why have two? And how can they represent
"choice" if which you go with makes *no* difference?

The very concept that it makes *no* difference is, well, insane or at least
painfully ignorant.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

Jul 10, 2010, 3:40:14 AM7/10/10
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

You must recall that Homer is about to release his own GPL 3 compliant
Linux based OS ....

He is insane.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 10, 2010, 7:22:17 AM7/10/10
Homer stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

>> and yes it can cause the market to look more
>> fragmented
>
> What does that even mean, if anything? AFAICT
> the entire premise of "fragmentation", as some
> kind of derogatory term, is complete gibberish.
> I've yet to see anyone explain exactly what the
> negative consequences are supposed to be, if
> any. Frankly I suspect it's nothing but a myth,
> used as FUD by pro-facists like Schwartz, in a
> sort of scaremongering tactic to encourage
> people to think like slaves.

What!!?! Don't you know, Homer, that the theory of choice
is borne out by facts and scientific experiment, just like
eugenics, phrenology, and the bell curve! :-~

--
Don't kid yourself. Little is relevant, and nothing lasts forever.

Snit

Jul 10, 2010, 10:24:39 AM7/10/10
Hadron stated in post i1984v$u6d$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 7/10/10
12:40 AM:

It will be interesting to see TomB insist the OS is not really even an OS,
after all... it will be a distro.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jul 10, 2010, 12:36:54 PM7/10/10
Snit wrote:
> Hadron stated:
>
>> You [snip Larry Qualig Quark troll ad hominem]

> It will be interesting to see TomB insist the OS is not really even
> an OS, after all... it will be a distro.

It will be interesting to see Snit backup his insist with forged
evidence from his website, because that is the only data he can manipulate.

--
HPT

chrisv

Jul 12, 2010, 9:12:47 AM7/12/10

Linux is the man. He's got it figured-out.

chrisv

Jul 12, 2010, 9:18:27 AM7/12/10
Homer wrote:

> Shit wrote:
>>
>> Homer stated:

>>> Choice is only confusing to those with the inability to make
>>> decisions. Should everyone in the world suffer because of a handful
>>> of idiots?
>>
>> I would *love* to see you try to show support for this.

Every market in the world proves it, stupid Shit. Are people
"confused" about what car, or TV, or breakfast cereal, to buy?

>You need me to prove that an inability to make a choice is synonymous
>with an inability to make a decision?
>
>The mere existence of idiots like you is all the evidence I need.

The troll would *love* to start a Shit circus, complete with his
twisting and lying.

chrisv

Jul 12, 2010, 9:37:15 AM7/12/10
Homer wrote:

> Shit spake thusly:

>> If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a
>> product, should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?

Oh no! For the sake of "efficiency", that choice should be
*eliminated*!!!

"I make aftermarket auto parts, should I make them for Honda, or BMW,
or Ford, or Hyundai, or Fiat, or ... Why oh WHY can't they just
make one BEST car for everyone?!?!?! Don't they know that that would
make it better for EVERYONE?!?!?! Don't they know that people don't
REALLY want choice?!?!?! Don't they know that you CAN make a single
product that is optimal everyone?!?!?!"

Jeezuz. The stupidity of these trolls is *shocking*.

--
'And its KDE - nothing there for the Gnome purist. "Choice" diluting
the useful applications once again.' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron

Hadron

Jul 12, 2010, 9:41:35 AM7/12/10
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> writes:

> Homer wrote:
>
>> Shit spake thusly:
>>>
>>> If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a
>>> product, should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?
>
> Oh no! For the sake of "efficiency", that choice should be
> *eliminated*!!!

Not eliminated. Who ever said choice should be eliminated? Are you an
idiot or merely insane?

> "I make aftermarket auto parts, should I make them for Honda, or BMW,
> or Ford, or Hyundai, or Fiat, or ... Why oh WHY can't they just
> make one BEST car for everyone?!?!?! Don't they know that that would
> make it better for EVERYONE?!?!?! Don't they know that people don't

You see that as a good analogy?!?!?!? You're as dumb as a brick.

> REALLY want choice?!?!?! Don't they know that you CAN make a single
> product that is optimal everyone?!?!?!"

Who ever said there should be ONE product?!?!?

> Jeezuz. The stupidity of these trolls is *shocking*.

Your cluelessness is astounding.

So chrisv : you have a budget to write a linux app. Which DE will you
target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency? Which Linux
desktops will you test it on?

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 12, 2010, 10:57:44 AM7/12/10
Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> So chrisv : you have a budget to write a linux app. Which DE will you
> target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency? Which Linux
> desktops will you test it on?

Pick gtk+ or Qt. Test it on any or all of them; it will work as long
as the dependencies are installed. Use static builds to reduce that issue.
Then let the users decide if they like your app.

Pretty simple. It's almost a Funkenbusch "binary" decision.

I recently built a Qt/database app. Runs great on fluxbox.
Builds and runs on Windows as well.

Many desktop environments allow you to turn on the support services for both
Gnome and KDE, if you wish. But you can build an app that doesn't need
them.

Why do you wish to tear down the beauty of GNU/Linux at every turn, Larry?

You should be a cheerleader for Linux, Larry. Instead all you do for Linux
is keep repeating "I use Debian".

--
Women complain about sex more than men. Their gripes fall into two
categories: (1) Not enough and (2) Too much.

The Hooded Plumber

Jul 12, 2010, 11:36:57 AM7/12/10
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:57:44 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
<ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

>Why do you wish to tear down the beauty of GNU/Linux at every turn, Larry?

Linux is fucking ugly. It looks like shit.

>You should be a cheerleader for Linux, Larry. Instead all you do for Linux
>is keep repeating "I use Debian".

Cheerleaders are gay cocksuckers.
Most men don't want to become cheerleaders, although in COLA the
number of gender bending cocksuckers is quite large.

Hadron

Jul 12, 2010, 11:46:58 AM7/12/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:
>
>> So chrisv : you have a budget to write a linux app. Which DE will you
>> target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency? Which Linux
>> desktops will you test it on?
>
> Pick gtk+ or Qt. Test it on any or all of them; it will work as long
> as the dependencies are installed. Use static builds to reduce that issue.
> Then let the users decide if they like your app.

You totally miss the point. Why am I not surprised?

> Pretty simple. It's almost a Funkenbusch "binary" decision.

Huh? What ARE you talking about?

> I recently built a Qt/database app. Runs great on fluxbox.
> Builds and runs on Windows as well.

So what? What has that to do with selecting one of many Linux DEs?

> Many desktop environments allow you to turn on the support services for both
> Gnome and KDE, if you wish. But you can build an app that doesn't need
> them.

And end up with an inconsistent mess with competing libraries repeating
the same things and causing bugs and UI madness.

> Why do you wish to tear down the beauty of GNU/Linux at every turn,
> Larry?

What are you talking about???????????????????????

> You should be a cheerleader for Linux, Larry. Instead all you do for Linux
> is keep repeating "I use Debian".

Huh? I do. And cheer it.

Liarmutt : I know you are not a designer and have nothing to do with
procuring business or designing systems but TRY to think about
professional apps and how best to target them.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 12, 2010, 12:03:48 PM7/12/10
Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> I know you are not a designer and have nothing to do with

> procuring business or designing systems but TRY to think about
> professional apps and how best to target them.

You truly do not know what I do.

--
"To your left is the marina where several senior cabinet officials keep luxury
yachts for weekend cruises on the Potomac. Some of these ships are up to 100

The Hooded Plumber

Jul 12, 2010, 12:06:46 PM7/12/10
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:03:48 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
<ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

>Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:
>
>> I know you are not a designer and have nothing to do with
>> procuring business or designing systems but TRY to think about
>> professional apps and how best to target them.
>
>You truly do not know what I do.

You suck cock.
You suck up to losers like Raxx, 7 and chrisv.
You don't read messages you suck up to. so you self nuke.
You suck cock.
You lie.
You're a Linturd cocksucker Liarmutt.

chrisv

Jul 12, 2010, 1:49:07 PM7/12/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Hadron quacked:

>> So chrisv : you have a budget to write a linux app. Which DE will you
>> target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency? Which Linux
>> desktops will you test it on?

Which of your wrists should you slit, "Hadron"? Just pick one and
make the world a better place.

>Pick gtk+ or Qt. Test it on any or all of them; it will work as long
>as the dependencies are installed. Use static builds to reduce that issue.
>Then let the users decide if they like your app.
>
>Pretty simple. It's almost a Funkenbusch "binary" decision.
>
>I recently built a Qt/database app. Runs great on fluxbox.
>Builds and runs on Windows as well.

It hardly matters if is more work or more expensive to serve the
"fragmented" market.

You don't go up to BMW and Mercedes and say "Your product lines are
redundant. One of you will have to shut down. Think of the cost
savings of designing and tooling-up-for only half as many models. The
makers of aftermarket automotive products will also benefit by having
fewer brands to support. Fewer dealers will be required. Less
inventory. Costs savings all around."

It's up to the *market* to decide if both are needed, not some "choice
reduction for the sake of efficiency" committee.

The market clearly wants the choice. Deal with it.

chrisv

Jul 12, 2010, 3:20:09 PM7/12/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Hadron quacked:
>>

>> Which DE will you target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency?
>

>Why do you wish to tear down the beauty of GNU/Linux at every turn, Larry?

"Hadron" tears-down not only the beauty of GNU/Linux...

"Hadron" tears-down the beauty of Free and Open Software in general.

"Hadron" tears-down the beauty of copyleft licenses such as the GPL.

As far as I can tell, "Hadron" tears-down *everything* that he
perceives as "good" or "beautiful".

"Hadron" is a POS.

df

Jul 12, 2010, 6:25:24 PM7/12/10
On 2010-07-12 07:37:15 -0600, chrisv said:

> Homer wrote:
>
>> Shit spake thusly:
>>>
>>> If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a
>>> product, should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?
>
> Oh no! For the sake of "efficiency", that choice should be
> *eliminated*!!!
>
> "I make aftermarket auto parts, should I make them for Honda, or BMW,
> or Ford, or Hyundai, or Fiat, or ... Why oh WHY can't they just
> make one BEST car for everyone?!?!?! Don't they know that that would
> make it better for EVERYONE?!?!?! Don't they know that people don't
> REALLY want choice?!?!?! Don't they know that you CAN make a single
> product that is optimal everyone?!?!?!"

Uh, yeah, that would make it better for the maker of aftermarket auto
parts. They'd only have to target one kind of car.

Next.

Snit

Jul 12, 2010, 7:21:22 PM7/12/10
df stated in post 2010071216252434077-df@dfcom on 7/12/10 3:25 PM:

Ah, so you think that the analogy is a good one. Sigh. Whatever... it is
not like this has not been beaten to death. Not like even Shuttleworth has
not said the same basic things I say. He and I understand Linux and the
market. You and chrisv show no such understanding. I am OK with that.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Gregory Shearman

Jul 12, 2010, 7:51:39 PM7/12/10

Yeah! We can all drive around in a Trabant!!!

Yippee!

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 12, 2010, 7:52:20 PM7/12/10
Snit wrote:

> He and I understand Linux and the
> market.

It's funny how you put yourself on the same level as Shuttleworth.

--
Regards,
[tv]

...I forget the dream, but I'm missing a pajama button...

Snit

Jul 12, 2010, 8:03:53 PM7/12/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB3CA28AFC...@news.albasani.net on 7/12/10 4:52 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> He and I understand Linux and the
>> market.
>
> It's funny how you put yourself on the same level as Shuttleworth.

He and I are in basic agreement about the topic in question. So, yes, we
both understand things... in ways you clearly do not. Now you might want to
argue that he and I are wrong - feel free... but your normal name calling
and begging is not evidence.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 12, 2010, 8:24:10 PM7/12/10
Snit wrote:

> He and I are in basic agreement about the topic in question.

Shuttleworth, you and probably thousands of others. Does that make you
visionary? Hardly.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...A Crucifix? Oy vey, have YOU got the wrong vampire...

Snit

Jul 12, 2010, 8:36:03 PM7/12/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB3CF8E3BC...@news.albasani.net on 7/12/10 5:24 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> He and I are in basic agreement about the topic in question.
>
> Shuttleworth, you and probably thousands of others. Does that make you
> visionary? Hardly.

I do not recall using the term visionary. In fact, I have made it clear
that, given basic knowledge of the OSS environment, what I say is supported
by common sense. Sure, there is lots of other evidence which I use to shove
in the face of knee-jerk nay-sayers such as yourself, but most of this not
complex. Not at all.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 12, 2010, 11:13:06 PM7/12/10
Snit wrote:

> knee-jerk nay-sayers such as yourself,

What did I say nay to, fucktard?

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

df

Jul 12, 2010, 11:34:23 PM7/12/10

There is no "market" for Linux, sorry.

RonB

Jul 13, 2010, 12:12:39 AM7/13/10

I'll let Red Hat know.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

Hadron

Jul 13, 2010, 12:13:45 AM7/13/10
Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> He and I understand Linux and the
>> market.
>
> It's funny how you put yourself on the same level as Shuttleworth.

I'm amazed you dont on such a simple concept.

Hint : understanding that gravity exists does not make you Sir Isaac
Newton.

Hadron

Jul 13, 2010, 12:20:59 AM7/13/10
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

And the rest of COLA ....

Jeez.

Snit

Jul 13, 2010, 12:27:42 AM7/13/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB3EC3284E...@news.albasani.net on 7/12/10 8:13 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> knee-jerk nay-sayers such as yourself,
>
> What did I say nay to, fucktard?

What have you not said no to?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 13, 2010, 12:28:21 AM7/13/10
Hadron stated in post i1gp5q$imt$2...@news.eternal-september.org on 7/12/10
9:13 PM:

Exactly... it is not like this is *hard*!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 13, 2010, 6:34:19 AM7/13/10
Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> writes:

>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> He and I understand Linux and the
>>> market.
>>
>> It's funny how you put yourself on the same level as Shuttleworth.
>
> I'm amazed you dont on such a simple concept.

+++++++ ?

> Hint : understanding that gravity exists does not make you Sir Isaac
> Newton.

And "using Linux" does not keep you from being a shitty little troll.

--
I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write
faster than anybody who can write better.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 13, 2010, 6:36:29 AM7/13/10
Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

"Hadron" actually thinks we don't know about, and distinguish between,
RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, and the non-corporate distros?

Jeez.

Heh:

--
Three minutes' thought would suffice to find this out; but thought is
irksome and three minutes is a long time.

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 13, 2010, 7:50:00 AM7/13/10
Hadron wrote:

> I'm amazed you dont on such a simple concept.
>
> Hint : understanding that gravity exists does not make you Sir Isaac
> Newton.

You know as well as I do that anything Snit says is to either build himself
up, or tear someone else down. It's one of the classic hallmarks of people
with low self esteem.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 13, 2010, 7:51:01 AM7/13/10
Snit wrote:

>> What did I say nay to, fucktard?
>
> What have you not said no to?

As I figured, you can't answer the question, so you engage in your usual Snit
Word Games [tm].

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

chrisv

Jul 13, 2010, 9:00:22 AM7/13/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Hadron quacked:

>> RonB writes:

>>> I'll let Red Hat know.
>>
>> And the rest of COLA ....
>>
>> Jeez.
>
>"Hadron" actually thinks we don't know about, and distinguish between,
>RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, and the non-corporate distros?
>
>Jeez.

"Hadron" is a liar.

--
"Watch all the OSS programmers go shooting over to SUSE now that the
money will start rolling in. LOL." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron

chrisv

Jul 13, 2010, 9:26:39 AM7/13/10
RonB wrote:

>df wrote:
>> Shit said:
>>> df stated:

>>> Ah, so you think that the analogy is a good one. Sigh. Whatever... it is
>>> not like this has not been beaten to death. Not like even Shuttleworth has
>>> not said the same basic things I say. He and I understand Linux and the
>>> market. You and chrisv show no such understanding. I am OK with that.

Sigh. What you're "OK with" is being a trolling, lying asshole, Shit.

My analogy was fine, and most any market in the world could be used in
place of the automotive market. Every healthy market on the planet
has shown that people want and need choice. The OS market is not some
magical exception to the rule, despite you trolls constantly reminding
us that there are indeed "some advantages" to less choice, as if we
didn't already know that.

>> There is no "market" for Linux, sorry.

Who is this "df" douche bag? He posted something about "Open Sores"
back in February, (which is usually reason-enough for a plonking,
here), but almost nothing since then.

>I'll let Red Hat know.

Shuttleworth wants his "baby" to be something special, not just "one
of the crowd". Fine for him. That doesn't make what he envisions the
best path for Free Linux in general.

Snit

Jul 13, 2010, 11:15:36 AM7/13/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB44FDEA19...@news.albasani.net on 7/13/10 4:51 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>>> What did I say nay to, fucktard?
>>
>> What have you not said no to?
>
> As I figured, you can't answer the question, so you engage in your usual Snit
> Word Games [tm].

It is a valid question. What comments of mine have you not said no to?
What have you not trolled me in response to?

You simply troll and beg for attention. It is what you do.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 13, 2010, 11:22:15 AM7/13/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB44FB21F9...@news.albasani.net on 7/13/10 4:50 AM:

> Hadron wrote:
>

>> I'm amazed you dont on such a simple concept.
>>
>> Hint : understanding that gravity exists does not make you Sir Isaac
>> Newton.
>
> You know as well as I do that anything Snit says is to either build himself
> up, or tear someone else down. It's one of the classic hallmarks of people
> with low self esteem.

Ah, and now you project. Notice that I try to keep conversations focused on
the topic of OSS or technology... and note your personal attacks speak
poorly of you.

But so be it... you are just whining and trolling. It is what you do. When
you gain some self confidence you will stop doing so.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 13, 2010, 12:00:22 PM7/13/10
chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

He sure ain't no Oracle of Delphi. :-D

--
Dinner suggestion #302 (Hacker's De-lite):
1 tin imported Brisling sardines in tomato sauce

One Shot, One Kill

Jul 13, 2010, 3:29:27 PM7/13/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a piece of shit.

One Shot, One Kill

Jul 13, 2010, 3:29:39 PM7/13/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a stupid piece of shit.

Hadron

Jul 13, 2010, 3:30:59 PM7/13/10
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> writes:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Hadron quacked:
>>>
>>> Which DE will you target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency?
>>
>>Why do you wish to tear down the beauty of GNU/Linux at every turn, Larry?
>
> "Hadron" tears-down not only the beauty of GNU/Linux...

No I dont.

> "Hadron" tears-down the beauty of Free and Open Software in general.

No I dont.

> "Hadron" tears-down the beauty of copyleft licenses such as the GPL.

Sometimes.

> As far as I can tell, "Hadron" tears-down *everything* that he
> perceives as "good" or "beautiful".

No I dont.

> "Hadron" is a POS.

You're an idiot and a liar.

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 13, 2010, 7:20:23 PM7/13/10
Snit wrote:

> It is a valid question. What comments of mine have you not said no to?
> What have you not trolled me in response to?

Why do you think I should do any work to support an accusation you're making?
Look it up yourself, Google Groups Wizard.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...I'm! A! Graduate! Of! The! Bill! Shatner! Acting! School!

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 13, 2010, 7:28:21 PM7/13/10
Hadron wrote:

> You're an idiot and a liar.

You're Hadron. That's even worse.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Politics n. Poly "many" + ticks "blood sucking insects"

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 9:53:54 AM7/14/10
Tattoo Vampire wrote:

> Larry lied:

>> You're an idiot and a liar.

Another bald-faced Quack lie. Documented.

>You're Hadron. That's even worse.

Indeed. Larry is a *shameless* liar and an *unabashed* idiot.

--
"BTW, when do you decide if you are chrisv and when do you decide if
you are Willy Poaster?" - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 10:10:30 AM7/14/10
In article <4k5m365i6d2j2toev...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Homer wrote:
>
> > Shit spake thusly:
> >>
> >> If I am a developer and want to move toward desktop Linux with a
> >> product, should I make it for KDE or Gnome? Or both?
>
> Oh no! For the sake of "efficiency", that choice should be
> *eliminated*!!!
>
> "I make aftermarket auto parts, should I make them for Honda, or BMW,
> or Ford, or Hyundai, or Fiat, or ... Why oh WHY can't they just
> make one BEST car for everyone?!?!?! Don't they know that that would
> make it better for EVERYONE?!?!?! Don't they know that people don't
> REALLY want choice?!?!?! Don't they know that you CAN make a single
> product that is optimal everyone?!?!?!"

Invalid analogy on a couple of levels. Computer software is
inherently much more flexible than any physical product. If Honda could
let you switch the body, interior, or engine of your car around with a
few clicks while it was sitting in your driveway, it might make a lot
of sense for them to make fewer models -- maybe as few as one.

It's also invalid because aftermarket apps are far more critical to the
day to day use of a computer than aftermarket car parts are to the day
to day use of car. If some specific cooling fan only works on one model
of Ford, this just doesn't really matter in the way that some specific
app only integrating with one desktop environment does.

[snip]

--
"The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to
anyone who is entirely exempt from the gambling instinct; whilst he who has it

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 10:20:49 AM7/14/10
In article <66km36d90gm4d3t6a...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
> > Hadron quacked:
> >>

> >> So chrisv : you have a budget to write a linux app. Which DE will you
> >> target for maximum compatibility and UI consistency? Which Linux
> >> desktops will you test it on?
>
> Which of your wrists should you slit, "Hadron"? Just pick one and
> make the world a better place.
>
> >Pick gtk+ or Qt. Test it on any or all of them; it will work as long
> >as the dependencies are installed. Use static builds to reduce that issue.
> >Then let the users decide if they like your app.
> >
> >Pretty simple. It's almost a Funkenbusch "binary" decision.
> >
> >I recently built a Qt/database app. Runs great on fluxbox.
> >Builds and runs on Windows as well.
>
> It hardly matters if is more work or more expensive to serve the
> "fragmented" market.
>
> You don't go up to BMW and Mercedes and say "Your product lines are
> redundant. One of you will have to shut down. Think of the cost
> savings of designing and tooling-up-for only half as many models. The
> makers of aftermarket automotive products will also benefit by having
> fewer brands to support. Fewer dealers will be required. Less
> inventory. Costs savings all around."
>
> It's up to the *market* to decide if both are needed, not some "choice
> reduction for the sake of efficiency" committee.
>
> The market clearly wants the choice. Deal with it.

The flaw is in analogizing aftermarket auto parts to applications. A
better analogy would be if BMW and Mercedes cars couldn't drive on the
same roads, and people were pointing out the benefits of road
standardization.

In point of fact, this pretty much happened with railroad gauges:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_gauge_in_North_America#Unification_to_s
tandard_gauge_on_May_31.2C_1886

"In 1886, the southern railroads agreed to coordinate changing gauge on
all their tracks. After considerable debate and planning, most of the
southern rail network was converted from 5 ft (1,524 mm) gauge to 4
ft 9 in (1,448 mm) gauge, then the standard of the Pennsylvania
Railroad, over two remarkable days beginning on Monday, May 31, 1886.
Over a period of 36 hours, tens of thousands of workers pulled the
spikes from the west rail of all the broad gauge lines in the South,
moved them 3 in (76 mm) east and spiked them back in place."

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 10:29:34 AM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

>Invalid analogy on a couple of levels. (snip idiocy)

Nope. You are wrong, as usual.

Your point about software being "easier to configure" *reinforces* my
point that the choice should be offered.

*Even where choice is difficult and expensive*, like in cars, there is
great amounts choice.

This *proves* that people want and need choice. This *strengthens* my
case.

Get it, "thinker"?

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 10:38:40 AM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

>The flaw is in analogizing aftermarket auto parts to applications.

Nope. It was a fine analogy. The flaw is in your thinking that is
wasn't.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 14, 2010, 11:20:25 AM7/14/10
chrisv posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> --

> "BTW, when do you decide if you are chrisv and when do you decide if
> you are Willy Poaster?" - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

Sounds like "Msg-ID" Larry!

--
I'm a Lisp variable -- bind me!

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 12:04:03 PM7/14/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> --
>> "BTW, when do you decide if you are chrisv and when do you decide if
>> you are Willy Poaster?" - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark
>
>Sounds like "Msg-ID" Larry!

It sure does! 8)

'The FACT is that Comcast issued the EXACT same ID for you and your
"William Poaster" troll-mate PROVES that both of you are the same
idiot.' - Larry "message ID" Qualig

:-D

DFS

Jul 14, 2010, 12:06:48 PM7/14/10
On 7/12/2010 7:52 PM, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> He and I understand Linux and the
>> market.
>
> It's funny how you put yourself on the same level as Shuttleworth.

You effin' kidding? Dozens of know-nothing, do-nothing Linux
"advocates" sit around broke and clueless and try to tell Microsoft how
to run their business.

DFS

Jul 14, 2010, 12:07:03 PM7/14/10
On 7/9/2010 5:31 PM, 7 wrote:
> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
> pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil
> Traffic Light Department of Marketing:
>

>> hmmm...I wonder which distro he uses...
>

> Interesting question.

The answer isn't interesting; it's kind of pathetic actually.

DFS

Jul 14, 2010, 12:10:55 PM7/14/10
On 7/12/2010 12:03 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:
>
>> I know you are not a designer and have nothing to do with
>> procuring business or designing systems but TRY to think about
>> professional apps and how best to target them.
>
> You truly do not know what I do.

We all know exactly what you do, Jayne; you whine about Hadron.

DFS

Jul 14, 2010, 12:24:59 PM7/14/10
On 7/14/2010 10:29 AM, chrisv wrote:
> ZnU wrote:
>
>> Invalid analogy on a couple of levels. (snip idiocy)
>
> Nope. You are wrong, as usual.
>
> Your point about software being "easier to configure" *reinforces* my
> point that the choice should be offered.
>
> *Even where choice is difficult and expensive*, like in cars, there is
> great amounts choice.
>
> This *proves* that people want and need choice.

Nobody wants or needs hundreds of choices of Linux hobbyware vanity distros.

Snit

Jul 14, 2010, 12:32:15 PM7/14/10
DFS stated in post i1knb0$rpv$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 7/14/10 9:06
AM:

And then Tattoo Vampire whines that I must be really special to understand
*basic* things that Shuttleworth also understands. Yeah, from his
perspective understanding *basic* things makes one very, very intelligent
and above him.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

One Shot, One Kill

Jul 14, 2010, 1:26:45 PM7/14/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a piece of shit. chrisv is a fscking liar.

One Shot, One Kill

Jul 14, 2010, 1:26:45 PM7/14/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a piece of shit. chrisv is a scumbag liar.

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 1:44:16 PM7/14/10
In article <5tir369lfhs1llncm...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

You don't even try to support your arguments anymore, huh?

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 1:54:50 PM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>
>> ZnU wrote:
>>
>> >The flaw is in analogizing aftermarket auto parts to applications.
>>
>> Nope. It was a fine analogy. The flaw is in your thinking that is
>> wasn't.
>
>You don't even try to support your arguments anymore, huh?

Some stupid troll with no support of his own claimed that my analogy
was flawed. The troll apparently thinks that presenting an
alternative analogy somehow refutes mine. (Real clear thinking,
that.)

The troll can choose to spew nonsense and illogic all he wants , it
doesn't make what was a fine analogy "flawed".

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 2:24:39 PM7/14/10
chrisv wrote:

>The troll can choose to spew nonsense and illogic all he wants , it
>doesn't make what was a fine analogy "flawed".

Perhaps the troll is so stupid that when he read "I make aftermarket

auto parts, should I make them for Honda, or BMW, or Ford, or Hyundai,

or Fiat, or ..." he did not deduce that my hypothetical maker of
aftermarket parts was making things that need to be designed to fit
specific vehicles.

The troll couldn't be THAT stupid, could he?

I mean, if the product was something that could easily be fitted to
multiple brands, it would be nonsensical to ask "which brands should I
make my product for".

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 2:27:47 PM7/14/10
In article <okvr365kac51blt6o...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

Your post appears to have no relationship to what I said. Which is
unsurprising, because you snipped what I said without substantive
comment and then made something up.

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 2:29:04 PM7/14/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> --
>> "Watch all the OSS programmers go shooting over to SUSE now that the
>> money will start rolling in. LOL." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron
>> Quark, November 2006
>
>He sure ain't no Oracle of Delphi. :-D

Well, the Micro$oft fanboi would love to imply that FOSS developers
are secretly "jealous" of their CSS counterparts, and would gladly
bolt for "greener pastures", without regard to principles.

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 2:39:34 PM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

>Your post appears to have no relationship to what I said.

Nope. You are wrong again. Again your defective and inadequate
powers of reasoning are on display.

>Which is
>unsurprising, because you snipped what I said without substantive
>comment and then made something up.

Idiot. In case you didn't notice, I replied to myself, adding further
material, speculating on the flawed and illogical thought process that
led you to your incorrect conclusion. (I'd bet that my speculation
was correct.)

So your claim of my last post having "no relationship" to your
"chrisv's analogy was flawed" claim shows, again, how stupid and wrong
you can be (and, in fact, usually are).

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 2:48:00 PM7/14/10
chrisv wrote:

>So your claim of my last post having "no relationship" to your
>"chrisv's analogy was flawed" claim shows, again, how stupid and wrong
>you can be (and, in fact, usually are).

Indeed, my last post constituted the "support" for my analogy that the
troll was begging-for earlier (although the troll is probably too
stupid to recognize it as such).

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 3:58:51 PM7/14/10
In article <ch0s369r8r7mo8vn3...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> ZnU wrote:
>
> >Your post appears to have no relationship to what I said.
>
> Nope. You are wrong again. Again your defective and inadequate
> powers of reasoning are on display.

"Argument by telling people they're wrong" is ineffective.

[snip]

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 3:59:37 PM7/14/10
In article <7e1s36165jjcl0pkg...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

No, your post claimed that I didn't understand something that my reply
to your original post reveals I understood perfectly well.

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 4:12:20 PM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote:
>>
>> >So your claim of my last post having "no relationship" to your
>> >"chrisv's analogy was flawed" claim shows, again, how stupid and wrong
>> >you can be (and, in fact, usually are).
>>
>> Indeed, my last post constituted the "support" for my analogy that the
>> troll was begging-for earlier (although the troll is probably too
>> stupid to recognize it as such).
>
>No, your post claimed that I didn't understand something that my reply
>to your original post reveals I understood perfectly well.

Multiple errors on your part. I did not claim, I speculated, and your
reply to my original post reveals that you did not understand.

chrisv

Jul 14, 2010, 4:20:48 PM7/14/10
ZnU wrote:

>In article <ch0s369r8r7mo8vn3...@4ax.com>,
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ZnU wrote:
>>
>> >Your post appears to have no relationship to what I said.
>>
>> Nope. You are wrong again. Again your defective and inadequate
>> powers of reasoning are on display.
>
>"Argument by telling people they're wrong" is ineffective.

That's rather ironic, because that's all you've done (besides offering
an alternative analogy, which, obviously, does not make mine wrong).

In any case, you've just uttered another irrelevancy, because I did
not "argue by telling you you're wrong".

I, in fact, supported my analogy as you requested (the "specific fit"
clarification, which, really, should not have been needed, because my
points were obvious and correct).

Of course, just as I had predicted, you were too stupid to see my
support for what it was.

ZnU

Jul 14, 2010, 5:47:09 PM7/14/10
In article <bc6s36heb7279lpls...@4ax.com>,
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

COLA really is a bizarre place. In most groups, it's the 'fans' who act
fairly reasonable, and the skeptics/critics who use trollish tactics
like snipping people's arguments, insulting them, and then starting
fights over who said what.

In COLA, it's just the other way around; the 'natives' are all nuts and
the people they call 'trolls' are more likely to be making reasoned
arguments.

Snit

Jul 14, 2010, 7:06:59 PM7/14/10
ZnU stated in post znu-668DB8.1...@Port80.Individual.NET on
7/14/10 2:47 PM:

> In article <bc6s36heb7279lpls...@4ax.com>,
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ZnU wrote:

>>> No, your post claimed that I didn't understand something that my reply
>>> to your original post reveals I understood perfectly well.
>>
>> Multiple errors on your part. I did not claim, I speculated, and your
>> reply to my original post reveals that you did not understand.
>
> COLA really is a bizarre place. In most groups, it's the 'fans' who act
> fairly reasonable, and the skeptics/critics who use trollish tactics
> like snipping people's arguments, insulting them, and then starting
> fights over who said what.
>
> In COLA, it's just the other way around; the 'natives' are all nuts and
> the people they call 'trolls' are more likely to be making reasoned
> arguments.

Sounds like CSMA, too. Look at Carroll and Sandman's list of insults
against me... which HPT now ads to. None of them can actually quote me
doing any significant wrong, they just quote people trolling and then blame
me.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 14, 2010, 7:07:39 PM7/14/10
ZnU stated in post znu-126D6C.1...@Port80.Individual.NET on
7/14/10 12:58 PM:

> In article <ch0s369r8r7mo8vn3...@4ax.com>,
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ZnU wrote:
>>
>>> Your post appears to have no relationship to what I said.
>>
>> Nope. You are wrong again. Again your defective and inadequate
>> powers of reasoning are on display.
>
> "Argument by telling people they're wrong" is ineffective.

Which is what you did in the debate with me where you got really mad and
swore you would not talk to me. You did not like my support so you just said
I was wrong. It was silly of you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

DFS

Jul 14, 2010, 7:32:12 PM7/14/10

If the wanker "advocates" on cola are any indication of the dedication
to FOSS principles held by most Linux developers, there's no doubt about
it whatsoever.

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 14, 2010, 11:30:05 PM7/14/10
Snit wrote:

> And then Tattoo Vampire whines that I must be really special to understand
> *basic* things that Shuttleworth also understands. Yeah, from his
> perspective understanding *basic* things makes one very, very intelligent
> and above him.

Why do you twist everyone's words, you oily little bastard? There's nothing
special about you. You're a poser, liar and dreamer who plays pretend at
computer repair, and who loafs around online all day while your wife works. I
don't see how you can even call yourself a man.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

..."And we had to chisel taglines into the walls of the cave...."

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 14, 2010, 11:31:14 PM7/14/10
DFS wrote:

> You effin' kidding? Dozens of know-nothing, do-nothing Linux
> "advocates" sit around broke and clueless and try to tell Microsoft how
> to run their business.

You sit around broke, clueless and trolling a group dedicated to an OS you
don't use. You're not quite as pitiful as your ass buddy Snot, but you're
awfully close.

Snit

Jul 14, 2010, 11:39:52 PM7/14/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB5EF11017...@news.albasani.net on 7/14/10 8:30 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> And then Tattoo Vampire whines that I must be really special to understand
>> *basic* things that Shuttleworth also understands. Yeah, from his
>> perspective understanding *basic* things makes one very, very intelligent
>> and above him.
>
> Why do you twist everyone's words

Unsupported accusation.

> , you oily little bastard?

Name calling.

> There's nothing special about you.

Irrelevant view of me... ignoring the topic of tech or OSS.

> You're a poser, liar and dreamer who plays pretend at computer repair, and who
> loafs around online all day while your wife works.

Absurd personal attack.

> I don't see how you can even call yourself a man.

Absurd personal attack.

Please, Tattoo, stop humiliating yourself with such behavior. Please not I
simply do not sink to your level... so no matter how low you see me, you
*clearly* are below me. Something for you to think about.

But I would prefer to discuss Linux, OSS and technology and not your poor
self image.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 14, 2010, 11:40:18 PM7/14/10
Tattoo Vampire stated in post
Xns9DB5EF43680...@news.albasani.net on 7/14/10 8:31 PM:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> You effin' kidding? Dozens of know-nothing, do-nothing Linux
>> "advocates" sit around broke and clueless and try to tell Microsoft how
>> to run their business.
>
> You sit around broke, clueless and trolling a group dedicated to an OS you
> don't use. You're not quite as pitiful as your ass buddy Snot, but you're
> awfully close.

See how you just lash out with insults. It says a *lot* about you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 14, 2010, 11:45:42 PM7/14/10
chrisv wrote:

> 'The FACT is that Comcast issued the EXACT same ID for you and your
> "William Poaster" troll-mate PROVES that both of you are the same
> idiot.' - Larry "message ID" Qualig
>
>:-D

LOL!!! What a nimrod Quack is.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 14, 2010, 11:47:31 PM7/14/10
Snit wrote:

> But I would prefer to discuss Linux, OSS and technology

You're not here to discuss anything, Mikey. You're here to waste time while
your spouse works her ass off to support you. She could do much better than
you; I wonder if she realizes that?

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Forget 0 to 60. It's 95 to 55 that counts!

Tattoo Vampire

Jul 14, 2010, 11:48:31 PM7/14/10
Snit wrote:

> See how you just lash out with insults.

You need to be lashed, with a cat o' nine tails.

Pussy.

--
Regards,
[tv]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...Forget 0 to 60. It's 95 to 55 that counts!

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 15, 2010, 6:25:52 AM7/15/10
Tattoo Vampire posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> chrisv wrote:
>
>> 'The FACT is that Comcast issued the EXACT same ID for you and your
>> "William Poaster" troll-mate PROVES that both of you are the same
>> idiot.' - Larry "message ID" Qualig
>>
>>:-D
>
> LOL!!! What a nimrod Quack is.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nimrod&page=2

12. Nimrod

An ancient king who died of suffocation after wondering aloud to his
guards what it would be like to have your own head stuck up your ass.

Nimrod: Guards, I have a proposal

muffled speech, sound of body hitting marble floor

--
Jim, it's Grace at the bank. I checked your Christmas Club account.
You don't have five-hundred dollars. You have fifty. Sorry, computer foul-up!

chrisv

Jul 15, 2010, 8:39:32 AM7/15/10
ZnU wrote:

> (snip bullshit with ZERO support after making a fool of himself)

Nope. You're wrong again. You're just stupid.

chrisv

Jul 15, 2010, 8:54:53 AM7/15/10
Tattoo Vampire wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>
>> 'The FACT is that Comcast issued the EXACT same ID for you and your
>> "William Poaster" troll-mate PROVES that both of you are the same
>> idiot.' - Larry "message ID" Qualig
>>
>>:-D
>
>LOL!!! What a nimrod Quack is.

Yeah, I was destroying the asshole in an argument, when, out of
desperation, he resorted to this nonsense, calling me a "liar" and
such for denying it, etc. *Guffaw*

I was *amazed* that he repeated the accusation as "Hadron", after
making such a jackass of himself as Larry. Talk about giving yourself
away!

Of course, that's not the only way he's given himself away... The
rants about Andrew's sig from Larry and "Hadron" are almost identical,
for example.

It is loading more messages.