Firewire is thriving!!!

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 2:37:52 PM7/8/09
So I shot some cool home fireworks video on the 4th of July. I used
Canon's top of the line consumer HD Camcorder the HFS-10. I'll
transfer it over to my computer with firewire and do some editing.
Ahhhhh Shit..... No firewire on Canon's flagship consumer level HD
camcorder. Luckily it does have and SD card slot so I can slap that in
any of my Windows PC since they have them built in.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4945/hf10nofw.jpg

Well I shot some HD video with my ContourHD POV video camera at the
track during my first race a couple of weeks back. I figure I'll
transfer that over to my computer via the firewire port on the POV
camera! Ahhhhh shit. no firewire on the first POV HD camcorder.
Luckily it has USB and an SD card slot which I have built into all my
Windows PC's so things are simple.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8818/contourhd.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9081/contourhd1.jpg

So I also shot some photographs at the track. Some with the Canon
1DsIII, the 5DMarkII (also shot some 1080p video), and the 50D with
various L glass. I'll figure I'll transfer over the photos and video's
with firewire. Ahhhhhh shit. No firewire. Luckily they can all connect
seamlessly to my Windows PC with USB or the built in 9-in-1 card
reader!
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/906/5d2nofw.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8880/5d2nofw1.jpg

So I shot some video with the new iPhone the fiance gave me. So I
figured I'd transfer it over to my PC via firewire. Ahhhhhh shit. Only
USB on the iPhone. Apple doesn't even support fw anymore!!! WTF!!!
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7671/3gsv.jpg
BTW, doesn't it just look so pretty once you touch it and it gets ugly
ass fingerprints all over it. It's also 0X faster than the 3G. So that
is all bullshit lies.

Luckily I have a nice cheap but value packed, solidly built, HP laptop
that I got for around $350. I figured I'll plug my firewire drive in
there and move some files around. Ahhhhhhh shit, no firewire Only a
built in card reader, remote, Esata, and 4 USB 2.0 on the thing.

Fuck it. I'll plug the firewire drive into my toy latest and great
iMac 24". Ahhhhhhh shit. It's at the Apple store getting the HD and/or
motherboard replaced for the 2nd time in 3 months. Which isn't that
bad really considering the Imac is 3 months old. Nothing really lasts
more than 3 months anymore.... besides all my Core i7 Windows box
which haven't been reboot since it was built!
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/452/hp1l.jpg

Keep up the good work Apple. At least you still have the iPod to hang
your hat on!

Steve Mackay

Jul 8, 2009, 3:39:16 PM7/8/09
MuahMan wrote:
> So I shot some cool home fireworks video on the 4th of July. I used
> Canon's top of the line consumer HD Camcorder the HFS-10. I'll
> transfer it over to my computer with firewire and do some editing.
> Ahhhhh Shit..... No firewire on Canon's flagship consumer level HD
> camcorder. Luckily it does have and SD card slot so I can slap that in
> any of my Windows PC since they have them built in.
> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4945/hf10nofw.jpg
>
> Well I shot some HD video with my ContourHD POV video camera at the
> track during my first race a couple of weeks back. I figure I'll
> transfer that over to my computer via the firewire port on the POV
> camera! Ahhhhh shit. no firewire on the first POV HD camcorder.
> Luckily it has USB and an SD card slot which I have built into all my
> Windows PC's so things are simple.
> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8818/contourhd.jpg
> http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9081/contourhd1.jpg

So, how do you like the Contour? I've been thinking about getting one.
But am concerned with the lack of image stabilization.

For now, I just use a cheapo Samsung SD camcorder. Even on the paint
shaker of a Buell, it does pretty well with my 'high tech' $10 video mount.

video mount pic on my wife's bike
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3579428233_cdc9cdef94_b.jpg

Sample video from my Samsung.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pE-etZhdNs

And using a cheap Fuji camera I keep on the bike, on my wife's bike...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aw_R1FHxk4&feature=related

I'd really like to get some video of our rides, and track days in HD.
But am concerned with image stabilization.

<snip>

Nashton

Jul 8, 2009, 3:57:15 PM7/8/09

The Canon you're describing does have Firewire:

http://www.nextag.ca/canon-hfs10/products-html

Nashton

Jul 8, 2009, 4:03:53 PM7/8/09

Or here:

http://www.nextag.ca/canon-hfs10/products-html

Are you sure it's that particular model?

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 4:20:35 PM7/8/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

post pix of ur wife's rack

Steve Mackay

Jul 8, 2009, 4:38:08 PM7/8/09

Zara, is that the best you can do?

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 4:47:42 PM7/8/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

is she flat? to bad

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 4:55:24 PM7/8/09
On Jul 8, 3:39 pm, Steve Mackay <mackay.st...@att.net> wrote:
> MuahMan wrote:
> > So I shot some cool home fireworks video on the 4th of July. I used
> > Canon's top of the line consumer HD Camcorder the HFS-10. I'll
> > transfer it over to my computer with firewire and do some editing.
> > Ahhhhh Shit..... No firewire on Canon's flagship consumer level HD
> > camcorder. Luckily it does have and SD card slot so I can slap that in
> > any of my Windows PC since they have them built in.
> >http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4945/hf10nofw.jpg
>
> > Well I shot some HD video with my ContourHD POV video camera at the
> > track during my first race a couple of weeks back. I figure I'll
> > transfer that over to my computer via the firewire port on the POV
> > camera! Ahhhhh shit. no firewire on the first POV HD camcorder.
> > Luckily it has USB and an SD card slot which I have built into all my
> > Windows PC's so things are simple.
> >http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8818/contourhd.jpg
> >http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9081/contourhd1.jpg
>
> So, how do you like the Contour? I've been thinking about getting one.
> But am concerned with the lack of image stabilization.
>
> For now, I just use a cheapo Samsung SD camcorder. Even on the paint
> shaker of a Buell, it does pretty well with my 'high tech' $10 video mount.
>
> video mount pic on my wife's bikehttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3579428233_cdc9cdef94_b.jpg
>
> Sample video from my Samsung.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pE-etZhdNs
>
> And using a cheap Fuji camera I keep on the bike, on my wife's bike...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aw_R1FHxk4&feature=related

> I'd really like to get some video of our rides, and track days in HD.
> But am concerned with image stabilization.
>
> <snip>

The ContourHD is..... ok. The field of view is substantially less than
on the GoPro Hero Wide I had. I have to give it some more testing
before I make finaly judgement, but I'm not sure it was worth the
upgrade so far. Stay tuned....

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 4:59:44 PM7/8/09

Yes, I'm holding it in my hand this very moment! There is no firewire
port so I don't know wth Nextag is talking about. Maybe with a mini-
usb converter or DVI converter it would work?

At any rate, I think you missed the point of the original post.

Steve Mackay

Jul 8, 2009, 5:21:55 PM7/8/09

Yeah, the GoPro, I've heard is excellent. But not HD.
I may just end up going with another cheap camcorder for HD.
Something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/mvgxcg

While it's not water resistant, I don't think I'd be shooting "Sprited"
rides, or track days while it's raining anyhow :)

Chance Furlong

Jul 8, 2009, 5:34:04 PM7/8/09
In article
<d27b7951-8453-47c8...@q11g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,

MuahMan <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm holding it in my hand this very moment!

Yes, you hold it in your hand every time you think of Ballmer.

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 5:40:07 PM7/8/09

"Chance Furlong" <T-B...@megakatcity.com> wrote in message

no coz its in ur mouth

Tim Adams

Jul 8, 2009, 5:40:54 PM7/8/09

You should look a little closer, and/or check your manuel. On the camera it's
labeled hdv/dv and should be located under a tab at the back of the camera just
above where you plug the power in.

--
regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 5:57:09 PM7/8/09
Tim Adams stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-7DC0AC.17...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on
7/8/09 2:40 PM:

> regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
> you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm

Why are you so obsessed with me?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 6:00:06 PM7/8/09

Bah. When it rains, I'm off the track. I've seen too many guys hurt
and too many bikes trashed. I'm certainly not wadding up my 09 Ducati
1198S out there! Yep, I upgraded! woohoooo.

It's a tough call on the GoPro or the ContourHD. I like the wider
field of view (GoPro) because it gives alot more mounting options and
it seems like it aborbs shocks better. Not to mention it's only
$149.00 as opposed to $300 for the ContourHD. I also think the mount
on the better on the GoPro. It actually stuck on my CBR after a nasty
high side even though the footage was lost? Too much shock? I have a
CCS race at Jennings GP on the 18th of July. This will be the true
test of the ContourHD.

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 6:02:07 PM7/8/09

Someone please tell me. Who the fuck is Ballmer and why is Jimmy Lee
Jr talking about this unknown person in EVERY SINGLE POST?

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 6:06:39 PM7/8/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Why did you make his sig look like his post? What happened to your
whining about quoting out of context?

> --
> [INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 6:10:17 PM7/8/09
Me stated in post WL85m.14682$%02.1...@newsfe15.iad on 7/8/09 3:06 PM:

What? Who said, suggested, hinted, or stated that his obsessive BS is not
in his sig? Not I.

But who cares where he shows his obsession. Look at his posts from the last
few *years*. Can you find a single one where he does not show such a sign
of obsession? Seriously, if this was an isolated or even rare incident than
you can pass it off as him just being a moron - but with it being an ongoing
problem of his for *years*, clearly he is obsessed.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 6:12:45 PM7/8/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

U R retarded & gay

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 6:18:46 PM7/8/09
On Jul 8, 6:12 pm, "Me" <m...@mine.com> wrote:
> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

> > Me stated in post WL85m.14682$%02.13...@newsfe15.iad on 7/8/09 3:06 PM:

> >> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

> >> Why did you make his sig look like his post?    What happened to your
> >> whining about quoting out of context?
>
> > What?  Who said, suggested, hinted, or stated that his obsessive BS is not
> > in his sig?  Not I.
>
> > But who cares where he shows his obsession.  Look at his posts from the
> > last
> > few *years*.  Can you find a single one where he does not show such a sign
> > of obsession?  Seriously, if this was an isolated or even rare incident
> > than
> > you can pass it off as him just being a moron - but with it being an
> > ongoing
> > problem of his for *years*, clearly he is obsessed.
>
> U R retarded & gay

Ahhhh shit, another thread lost to the Snit retard circus!!! I
actually dread seeing Snit reply to a thread because that
automatically means it's in the toilet.

Steve Mackay

Jul 8, 2009, 6:20:04 PM7/8/09
How are you mounting the Conour? To the bike itself?

What CCS classes are you running in?

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 6:20:45 PM7/8/09
Me stated in post FR85m.28323$Qk7....@newsfe22.iad on 7/8/09 3:12 PM:

> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
>> Me stated in post WL85m.14682$%02.1...@newsfe15.iad on 7/8/09 3:06 PM:
>>

>>> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

>>> Why did you make his sig look like his post? What happened to your
>>> whining about quoting out of context?
>>>
>> What? Who said, suggested, hinted, or stated that his obsessive BS is not in
>> his sig? Not I.
>>
>> But who cares where he shows his obsession. Look at his posts from the last
>> few *years*. Can you find a single one where he does not show such a sign of
>> obsession? Seriously, if this was an isolated or even rare incident than you
>> can pass it off as him just being a moron - but with it being an ongoing
>> problem of his for *years*, clearly he is obsessed.
>>
> U R retarded & gay

What an unimaginative white flag you wave.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 6:22:35 PM7/8/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Fag

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 6:33:39 PM7/8/09

Mount it right to the front fender. Right now I'm just running
Lightweight class. If I can win some races here, maybe I'll move up. :)

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 6:43:43 PM7/8/09
Me stated in post S_85m.29564$8P7....@newsfe21.iad on 7/8/09 3:22 PM:

f-L-a-g. If you are waving a cigarette as well I do not care.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 6:45:23 PM7/8/09
MuahMan stated in post
e3807676-60b5-4787...@24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com on 7/8/09
3:18 PM:

I noted Tim's obsession... first time I have done so in a long time. Maybe I
will point it out each time he shows his obsession for a while... perhaps
you and others will them be encouraged to get him the help he needs. I
mean, really, am I really *that* interesting? Why can't he focus on his own
life and views and not on his twisted beliefs about me?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Me

Jul 8, 2009, 6:47:30 PM7/8/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Silly faggot, dix are for chix!

Fa-groon

Jul 8, 2009, 8:41:56 PM7/8/09
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:21:55 -0700, Steve Mackay wrote
(in article <h332ls$9rr$1...@news.albasani.net>):

The camera itself looks pretty good. You definitely want an HD camera with
solid-state capture memory (as opposed to something electro-mechanical like
tape (especially), an HDD or one of those small recordable DVD drives), the
only thing I see against it is the lack of Firewire. I have a Sony HD
camcorder (which I hate because the tape heads get fouled all the time) which
has both Firewire and USB for transferring video/audio to the desktop. I have
tried the USB 2.0 transfer and compared it directly to the Firewire transfer
of the same scene. The USB takes more than TWICE as long to transfer the same
piece of video as does the Firewire connection. Now if you don't mind that,
go for it, but I haven't that kind of patience.

Tim Adams

Jul 8, 2009, 9:11:00 PM7/8/09
In article <0001HW.C67A8AE4...@news.giganews.com>,
Fa-groon <fa-g...@mad.com> wrote:

Personally I prefer a tape based system. When it is full, I set it aside as a
back up to the video I've imported. That way I can go back and retrieve a master
at any time I want. With a solid state memory card, once the video has been
loaded onto the computer, it's erased to be used again. That preference is
changing a bit over time, as memory cards (large ones) drop in price and become
more 'disposable', like the tapes are now.
The quality is also just as good.
A hard drive is a big pain as you need to be able to off load the video almost
all the time, since it will fill up and then you can't record more till you do
so.

> an HDD or one of those small recordable DVD drives), the
> only thing I see against it is the lack of Firewire. I have a Sony HD
> camcorder (which I hate because the tape heads get fouled all the time) which
> has both Firewire and USB for transferring video/audio to the desktop. I have
> tried the USB 2.0 transfer and compared it directly to the Firewire transfer
> of the same scene. The USB takes more than TWICE as long to transfer the same
> piece of video as does the Firewire connection. Now if you don't mind that,
> go for it, but I haven't that kind of patience.

MuahMan

Jul 8, 2009, 9:50:33 PM7/8/09
On Jul 8, 9:11 pm, Tim Adams <teadams$2$0$...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> In article <0001HW.C67A8AE4001CA869F0184...@news.giganews.com>,

>  Fa-groon <fa-gr...@mad.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:21:55 -0700, Steve Mackay wrote
> > (in article <h332ls$9r...@news.albasani.net>):
> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm- Hide quoted text -

Agreed. I was torn between the Mini-DV HF30 or the HFS-10 with 32GB of
Solid State memory. The HF30's are discontinued and in HIGH demand for
that very reason. The HD version were worthless to me because of the
vibrations I subject these suckers too.

Snit

Jul 8, 2009, 10:06:23 PM7/8/09
Tim Adams stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-DC3E19.21...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on
7/8/09 6:11 PM:

> regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
> you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm

Please, Tim, your obsession with me is absurd.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Fa-groon

Jul 9, 2009, 1:55:59 AM7/9/09
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 18:11:00 -0700, Tim Adams wrote
(in article
<teadams$2$0$0$3-DC3E19.21...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net>):

My experience is that tape isn't very good for HD. They are trying to pack so
much data on the tape that the least little hic-up will ruin your video. What
I will do with my next HD camcorder purchase (which will use flash memory) is
to dump the flash memory raw, directly to DVD and use that as the backup.

Tim Adams

Jul 9, 2009, 6:07:24 AM7/9/09
In article <11305758-819e-48ca...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

The HV30 is the model I'm currently using. Got it during the closing of Circuit
City last year and have enjoyed it.

Tim Adams

Jul 9, 2009, 6:09:37 AM7/9/09
In article <0001HW.C67AD47F...@news.giganews.com>,
Fa-groon <fa-g...@mad.com> wrote:

I've not seen any issues with the HV30 that I'm using. The HD has been quite
good and I've had several friends looking at getting the same camera even though
it is now discontinued.

Snit

Jul 9, 2009, 6:51:18 AM7/9/09
Tim Adams stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-96E9DA.06...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on
7/9/09 3:09 AM:

> regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
> you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm

Is your life really so empty that the only thing that keeps you going is
thinking of me?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 9, 2009, 6:51:55 AM7/9/09
Tim Adams stated in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-AA0370.06...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on
7/9/09 3:07 AM:

> regarding Snit "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
> you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm

Years... for years you have been obsessing over me. Isn't it time you learn
to like yourself?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

zara

Jul 9, 2009, 8:34:26 AM7/9/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message
> Me wrote:
>> "Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

>> post pix of ur wife's rack
>
> Zara, is that the best you can do?

Listen, Moron. If I wanted to rank on your wife, I wouldn't be so mild. You
Shitheads should learn to read headers instead of parroting "Hi zara" to
every poster who comes along.

Steve Mackay

Jul 9, 2009, 9:20:04 AM7/9/09

The vibration will kill a HDD in short time.

> the
> only thing I see against it is the lack of Firewire.

With removable solid state memory, there is no need for firewire whatsoever.

> I have a Sony HD
> camcorder (which I hate because the tape heads get fouled all the time) which
> has both Firewire and USB for transferring video/audio to the desktop. I have
> tried the USB 2.0 transfer and compared it directly to the Firewire transfer
> of the same scene. The USB takes more than TWICE as long to transfer the same
> piece of video as does the Firewire connection. Now if you don't mind that,
> go for it, but I haven't that kind of patience.

I'll stick with taking the SD card out, putting it in to my card reader,
and go from there.

Steve Carroll

Jul 9, 2009, 9:38:19 AM7/9/09
On Jul 8, 4:45 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> MuahMan stated in post
> e3807676-60b5-4787-ac4d-5cd4ffdbb...@24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com on 7/8/09

Unless you are severely over-medicated an hour isn't a long time.

Me

Jul 9, 2009, 10:33:27 AM7/9/09

"zara" <zara...@heddon.com> wrote in message

His brain is prolly fried from lightning.

macs and iphones attract lightning

its true

ZnU

Jul 9, 2009, 10:47:14 AM7/9/09
Fa-groon <fa-g...@mad.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 18:11:00 -0700, Tim Adams wrote
> (in article

[snip]

> > back up to the video I've imported. That way I can go back and
> > retrieve a master at any time I want. With a solid state memory
> > card, once the video has been loaded onto the computer, it's erased
> > to be used again. That preference is changing a bit over time, as
> > memory cards (large ones) drop in price and become more
> > 'disposable', like the tapes are now. The quality is also just as
> > good. A hard drive is a big pain as you need to be able to off load
> > the video almost all the time, since it will fill up and then you
> > can't record more till you do so.
>
> My experience is that tape isn't very good for HD. They are trying to
> pack so much data on the tape that the least little hic-up will ruin
> your video. What I will do with my next HD camcorder purchase (which
> will use flash memory) is to dump the flash memory raw, directly to
> DVD and use that as the backup.

Tape is *terrible*. My company has wasted at least a couple of hundred
man hours over the last year dealing with attempting to capture tapes
with broken timecode and various other tape-related glitches. It's
particularly bad with professional cameras, which tend to get used a lot
more than consumer cameras; after the tape mechanisms have a decent
number of hours on them, they're just never quite the same. And then
you've got the geniuses who re-use tapes to save money, which *really*
fucks everything up.

Added to that, because these tape formats expect certain standard data,
all kinds of tricks a necessary to shoot formats like 24p. You end up
having to reprocess everything you shoot to remove pulldown, or
interlacing artifacts inevitably end up creeping into your supposedly
progressive video, for instance. Because of the requirement to record to
tape in standard formats, actually, the use of tape has substantially
limited what data rates, resolutions, and frame rates cameras can record
at; now that the industry is freeing itself from tape, there will be
much more room for innovation.

Tapeless workflow is the best thing that has happened to video since
non-linear editing.

--
"The game of professional investment is intolerably boring and over-exacting to
anyone who is entirely exempt from the gambling instinct; whilst he who has it

Me

Jul 9, 2009, 1:21:43 PM7/9/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

his quote burns you like fire

you cant make him stop

MuahMan

Jul 9, 2009, 1:24:02 PM7/9/09
On Jul 9, 1:21 pm, "Me" <m...@mine.com> wrote:
> "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

> > Tim Adams stated in post
> > teadams$2$0$0$3-AA0370.06072409072...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

> > 7/9/09 3:07 AM:
>
> >> regarding Snit  "You are not flamed because you speak the truth,
> >> you are flamed because you are a hideous troll and keep disrupting
> >> the newsgroup." Andrew J. Brehm
>
> > Years... for years you have been obsessing over me.  Isn't it time you
> > learn
> > to like yourself?
>
> his quote burns you like fire
>
> you cant make him stop

lol Can't you just see him rocking back and forth in his office chair
stewing at his sig!?!?! Heh.

MuahMan

Jul 9, 2009, 1:24:25 PM7/9/09
Oh, and Firewire is DEAD!

Snit

Jul 9, 2009, 1:30:51 PM7/9/09
Me stated in post IGp5m.23335$Kn1....@newsfe09.iad on 7/9/09 10:21 AM:

I cannot assist him with his obsession... you are correct. Only he can get
himself help.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

MuahMan

Jul 9, 2009, 1:33:27 PM7/9/09
On Jul 9, 1:30 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Me stated in post IGp5m.23335$Kn1.20...@newsfe09.iad on 7/9/09 10:21 AM:

> > "Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message
> >> Tim Adams stated in post
> >> teadams$2$0$0$3-AA0370.06072409072...@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net on

> >> 7/9/09 3:07 AM:

> >> Years... for years you have been obsessing over me.  Isn't it time you
> >> learn
> >> to like yourself?
>
> > his quote burns you like fire
>
> > you cant make him stop
>
> I cannot assist him with his obsession... you are correct.  Only he can get
> himself help.
>
> --
> [INSERT .SIG HERE]

You do realize that you are bat-shit crazy right?

oh and Firewire is DEAD!!!!

Snit

Jul 9, 2009, 1:35:21 PM7/9/09
MuahMan stated in post
1b484009-0b37-4527...@t13g2000yqt.googlegroups.com on 7/9/09
10:24 AM:

I am suggesting Tim get over his obsession. It is not healthy... and you
are only promoting his poor health. Why?

Clearly Tim Adams has a severe problem - his life is empty and he has
glommed onto me. It is sick. What is it with the trolls of CSMA who simply
cannot live their own lives.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Me

Jul 9, 2009, 1:53:59 PM7/9/09
snits pecker is dead too

"MuahMan" <mua...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Snit

Jul 9, 2009, 2:01:24 PM7/9/09
MuahMan stated in post
02c4c704-2578-45ce...@p29g2000yqh.googlegroups.com on 7/9/09
10:33 AM:

Sad you see personal responsibility as such.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Fa-groon

Jul 9, 2009, 2:10:51 PM7/9/09
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 07:47:14 -0700, ZnU wrote
(in article <znu-BB1E22.1...@Port80.Individual.NET>):

Agreed. 100%. That certainly jibes with my experience.

Fa-groon

Jul 9, 2009, 2:12:48 PM7/9/09
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 06:20:04 -0700, Steve Mackay wrote
(in article <h34qqd$i50$1...@news.albasani.net>):

I suspect that would depend on whether you actually do non-linear editing
from the camcorder or not.

zara

Jul 9, 2009, 4:18:02 PM7/9/09

"Me" <m...@mine.com> wrote in message
macs, iPhone and iPods attract unsuccessful wannabes.

Chance Furlong

Jul 9, 2009, 6:00:20 PM7/9/09
In article <C67B7869.3A4AA%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> I am suggesting Tim get over his obsession. It is not healthy, and you

> are only promoting his poor health. Why?
>

> Clearly, Tim Adams has a severe problem, his life is empty and he has

> glommed onto me. It is sick. What is it with the trolls of CSMA who simply
> cannot live their own lives.

You really should get over your obsession with Tim Adams and quit
begging for his attention, zara and MuahMan may get jealous.

Tim Murray

Jul 9, 2009, 8:21:52 PM7/9/09
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:34:26 -0400, zara wrote:
> Listen, Moron. If I wanted to rank on your wife, I wouldn't be so mild. You
> Shitheads should learn to read headers instead of parroting "Hi zara" to
> every poster who comes along.

We don't to every poster. Just you, zara.

zara

Jul 9, 2009, 11:01:42 PM7/9/09

"Tim Murray" <no-...@thankyou.com> wrote in message

Everyone is not as clever as you, P-O-L-L-Y.

Steve Mackay

Jul 10, 2009, 9:59:40 AM7/10/09

I'm not doing anything overly fancy whatsoever. Just doing simple videos
, Youtube, and DVDs for our Motorcycle club members. iMovie, and iDVD.

Steve Mackay

Jul 10, 2009, 10:18:50 AM7/10/09
MuahMan wrote:

> On Jul 8, 6:20 pm, Steve Mackay <mackay.st...@att.net> wrote:
>> MuahMan wrote:
>>> Bah. When it rains, I'm off the track. I've seen too many guys hurt
>>> and too many bikes trashed. I'm certainly not wadding up my 09 Ducati
>>> 1198S out there! Yep, I upgraded! woohoooo.
>>> It's a tough call on the GoPro or the ContourHD. I like the wider
>>> field of view (GoPro) because it gives alot more mounting options and
>>> it seems like it aborbs shocks better. Not to mention it's only
>>> $149.00 as opposed to $300 for the ContourHD. I also think the mount
>>> on the better on the GoPro. It actually stuck on my CBR after a nasty
>>> high side even though the footage was lost? Too much shock? I have a
>>> CCS race at Jennings GP on the 18th of July. This will be the true
>>> test of the ContourHD.
>> How are you mounting the Conour? To the bike itself?
>>
>> What CCS classes are you running in?
>
> Mount it right to the front fender. Right now I'm just running
> Lightweight class. If I can win some races here, maybe I'll move up. :)

Well, good luck!

I'm friends with several CCS & ASRA Midwest racers. I currently do some
custom machining for this guy:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/enlarge/?section=news&image=2565

Another good friend of mine just bought his 1st racebike, and I'll be
helping him out during his rookie season CCS Thunderbike and CCS
Supertwins, and a couple of other lightweight classes.

Tim Murray

Jul 10, 2009, 9:53:32 PM7/10/09

True.

zara

Jul 10, 2009, 8:09:25 PM7/10/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

Do you have a machine shop - seriously?

Steve Mackay

Jul 11, 2009, 12:35:10 PM7/11/09

Do I *HAVE* one? No. Do I help run one.. Yes.

zara

Jul 12, 2009, 11:06:18 AM7/12/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

I take it you're a "bona fide" machinist?

Is there CNC equipment on site, or is it a "manual" machine shop?

I machined pistons and valves for John Saks , and Ferrari parts for Ferrari
lovers who couldn't get them from Ferrari.

Some of these projects were pretty interesting.

My main area of "expertise" centers around fabrication of Tungsten Carbide
tools, dies, wear parts, and machining of hard or exotic metals. The "right"
grade of carbide eats up most of that stuff with ease.

Steve Mackay

Jul 13, 2009, 9:19:36 AM7/13/09

Yup. Since I was 16.

> Is there CNC equipment on site, or is it a "manual" machine shop?

We have 7 CNC vertical Machining centers, and 2 CNC EDM sinkers.

> I machined pistons and valves for John Saks , and Ferrari parts for Ferrari
> lovers who couldn't get them from Ferrari.
>
> Some of these projects were pretty interesting.
>
> My main area of "expertise" centers around fabrication of Tungsten Carbide
> tools, dies, wear parts, and machining of hard or exotic metals. The "right"
> grade of carbide eats up most of that stuff with ease.

We mainly do plastic injection molds. LOTS of hard tools steels(H13,
P20, A2, S7, etc...)

I don't machine much these days. I do most of the 3D design work.

zara

Jul 13, 2009, 4:37:24 PM7/13/09

"Steve Mackay" <mackay...@att.net> wrote in message

I don't machine much either. Just consult, design and redesign.

The shame of it all is; most manufacturing now goes offshore. In the "old
days", if you were a machinist, you had a job for life, no matter where you
went.

Me

Jul 23, 2009, 10:04:36 AM7/23/09

"zara" <zara...@heddon.com> wrote in message