Lap-band restricts amount of food that can be consumed thereby curing type-2 diabetes.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 9, 2008, 2:35:25 AM7/9/08
"Each year, more than 6,000 obese Australians are fitted with a lap band device, an adjustable band that induces weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be consumed.

It is well established as a safe and effective treatment for obesity but the benefits for diabetes were less well understood.

Prof O'Brien, who has performed 2,000 operations at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, said the diabetics who would benefit most from the procedure were those with a BMI over 30 who had failed to improve their condition using drugs, low-calorie diets or exercise regimes.

"It seems that people who lose 10 per cent of their body weight generally go into diabetes remission but this is quite hard to do with medical intervention alone," he told the conference.

The results showed the lap band would also free patients of the so-called metabolic syndrome, a cluster of diseases which embody diabetes, hypertension and abnormal lipids in the blood."

Source:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Lap-band-can-cure-obese-of-diabetes/2007/05/08/1178390279164.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/63c8ra

It remains much smarter to simply and freely choose to eat less, down to the right amount, instead of being forced to eat less via surgery in order to lose the visceral adipose tissue (VAT or black fat) that is the proximate cause of metabolic syndrome, which leads to type-2 diabetes:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/BeSmart

May dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a blessedly wonderful 2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah, the Son of Man ...

.. by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

It's how we know what GOD desires, which is all that is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve paid for with their and our immortal lives.

Those who suffer from the powerful delusion predicted by the prophecy of 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 would deny this and perish ( gone !!! ) forever ...

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

.. gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

Such will be the demise of all those who refuse to know **and** love the truth, Who is LORD Jesus Christ:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

.. for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21...

http://TruthRUS.org/HolySpirit/Luke6_21

May all souls choose to become healthier:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/BeHealthy

Here is a simple parable given in hopes of promoting much greater understanding:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

Be hungrier, which is healthier:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthier

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

Uncle Frederik

Jul 9, 2008, 12:13:54 PM7/9/08
tr...@finder.com pretended :
> Our armchair gi expert opines:

> "Prof O'Brien, who has performed 2,000 operations at The Alfred Hospital
> in Melb ourne, said the diabetics who would benefit most from the

> procedure were those with a BMI over 30 who had failed to improve their
> condition using drugs, low-c alorie diets or exercise regimes."
>
> He goes on to say losing 10 percent of body weight produces the effect.
> Our "expert" adds:

> "It remains much smarter to simply and freely choose to eat less, down to
> the ri
> ght amount, instead of being forced to eat less via surgery in order to
> lose th
> e visceral adipose tissue (VAT or black fat) that is the proximate cause
> of met
> abolic syndrome, which leads to type-2 diabetes:"
> Truth:
>

> The weight loss by calorie restriction in the target population, such as
> the two pound diet, was already a failure.
>
> There is no cure for diabetes, one can only improve symptoms.
>

> There is no such thing as "black fat/vat". Having vat is normal, the
> poster has vat this very instant. It has a role to play in normal
> metabolism.
>
> Diabetes as a "cause" because of vat is not esbablished. 2/3 of those
> overweight do not get metabolic disorders including diabetes. It is
> widely accepted that beta cell genetic disposition plus obesity is the
> cause wich accounts for the 2/3 not getting diabetes.
>
> Another item in a now very long list of reasons to ignore the source.
>
> God bless.

Excellent and accurate.

Thanks.

tr...@finder.com

Thorsten Schier

Jul 9, 2008, 5:27:07 PM7/9/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

> "Each year, more than 6,000 obese Australians are fitted with a lap band device, an adjustable band that induces weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be consumed.
>
> It is well established as a safe and effective treatment for obesity but the benefits for diabetes were less well understood.
>
> Prof O'Brien, who has performed 2,000 operations at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, said the diabetics who would benefit most from the procedure were those with a BMI over 30 who had failed to improve their condition using drugs, low-calorie diets or exercise regimes.
>
> "It seems that people who lose 10 per cent of their body weight generally go into diabetes remission but this is quite hard to do with medical intervention alone," he told the conference.
>
> The results showed the lap band would also free patients of the so-called metabolic syndrome, a cluster of diseases which embody diabetes, hypertension and abnormal lipids in the blood."
>
> Source:
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Lap-band-can-cure-obese-of-diabetes/2007/05/08/1178390279164.html
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/63c8ra
>
> It remains much smarter to simply and freely choose to eat less, down to the right amount, instead of being forced to eat less via surgery in order to lose the visceral adipose tissue (VAT or black fat) that is the proximate cause of metabolic syndrome, which leads to type-2 diabetes:

Then why are you promoting an approach to weightloss that is not known
to be successful in the long run, because it focuses solely on the
amount eaten and not on what is eaten and therefore does not encourage
healthy eating patterns?

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 9, 2008, 5:48:31 PM7/9/08
convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:

> > "Each year, more than 6,000 obese Australians are fitted with a lap band device, an adjustable band that induces weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be consumed.
> >
> > It is well established as a safe and effective treatment for obesity but the benefits for diabetes were less well understood.
> >
> > Prof O'Brien, who has performed 2,000 operations at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, said the diabetics who would benefit most from the procedure were those with a BMI over 30 who had failed to improve their condition using drugs, low-calorie diets or exercise regimes.
> >
> > "It seems that people who lose 10 per cent of their body weight generally go into diabetes remission but this is quite hard to do with medical intervention alone," he told the conference.
> >
> > The results showed the lap band would also free patients of the so-called metabolic syndrome, a cluster of diseases which embody diabetes, hypertension and abnormal lipids in the blood."
> >
> > Source:
> >
> > http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Lap-band-can-cure-obese-of-diabetes/2007/05/08/1178390279164.html
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/63c8ra
> >
> > It remains much smarter to simply and freely choose to eat less, down to the right amount, instead of being forced to eat less via surgery in order to lose the visceral adipose tissue (VAT or black fat) that is the proximate cause of metabolic syndrome, which leads to type-2 diabetes:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

> Then why are you promoting an approach to weightloss that is not known
> to be successful in the long run...

GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not promote.

It should be obvious to the most casual observer that with each
passing day that the seven figure guarantee for the 2PD-OMER Approach
remains in force is an additional day of evidence that there is
success in the long run with eating less, down to the right amount:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/05c0d1705a57da26?

May you and other dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a

blessedly wonderful 2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus
Christ as our Messiah, the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

It's how we know what GOD desires, which is all that is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives.

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21 given in hopes of
promoting much greater understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

Be hungrier, which is healthier.

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

Uncle Frederik

Jul 9, 2008, 7:25:09 PM7/9/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD expressed precisely :

>> Then why are you promoting an approach to weightloss that is not known
>> to be successful in the long run...
>
> GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not promote.

But you are misinforming people...

<spam removed>

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 10, 2008, 5:32:48 AM7/10/08

Uncle Frederik

Jul 11, 2008, 9:19:24 AM7/11/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote on 10/07/2008 :
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1179
>
> <><
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/35588

More misinformation...

Thorsten Schier

Jul 12, 2008, 3:53:26 AM7/12/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>>

>>>"Each year, more than 6,000 obese Australians are fitted with a lap band device, an adjustable band that induces weight loss by restricting the amount of food that can be consumed.
>>>
>>>It is well established as a safe and effective treatment for obesity but the benefits for diabetes were less well understood.
>>>
>>>Prof O'Brien, who has performed 2,000 operations at The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne, said the diabetics who would benefit most from the procedure were those with a BMI over 30 who had failed to improve their condition using drugs, low-calorie diets or exercise regimes.
>>>
>>>"It seems that people who lose 10 per cent of their body weight generally go into diabetes remission but this is quite hard to do with medical intervention alone," he told the conference.
>>>
>>>The results showed the lap band would also free patients of the so-called metabolic syndrome, a cluster of diseases which embody diabetes, hypertension and abnormal lipids in the blood."
>>>
>>>Source:
>>>
>>>http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Lap-band-can-cure-obese-of-diabetes/2007/05/08/1178390279164.html
>>>
>>>or
>>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/63c8ra
>>>
>>>It remains much smarter to simply and freely choose to eat less, down to the right amount, instead of being forced to eat less via surgery in order to lose the visceral adipose tissue (VAT or black fat) that is the proximate cause of metabolic syndrome, which leads to type-2 diabetes:
>>>
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?
>>
>>Then why are you promoting an approach to weightloss that is not known
>>to be successful in the long run...
>

> GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not promote.
>
> It should be obvious to the most casual observer that with each
> passing day that the seven figure guarantee for the 2PD-OMER Approach
> remains in force is an additional day of evidence that there is
> success in the long run with eating less, down to the right amount:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/05c0d1705a57da26?

If I remember correctly, the guarantee only kicks in, if someone has
actually followed the 2PD-Approach over an extended period of time. This
is, why this guarantee is meaningless. There are many diet or approaches
that will lead to long term weight loss, as long as they are followed.

For example, if someone restricts himself to 1500 kcal a day, they will
most likely lose weight and also keep the weight of, as long as they
restrict themselves to this amount.

The trouble is, that most overweight or obese people have a very hard
time to severely restrict their food intake over an extended period of time.

It is not enough to tell people to eat less. If it were that easy, there
wouldn't be so many overweight and obese people in the first place.

You have to educate people to make the right food choices. And that is,
where your approach really sucks. If restricted to 2 pound of food a
day, people will tend to choose salami over turkey breast, french fries
over vegetables, jelly beans over fruit. So your approach encourages
people to choose foods high in calories and more likely than not, high
in sugar or unhealthy fats.

> May you and other dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a
> blessedly wonderful 2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus
> Christ as our Messiah, the Son of Man ...
>
> ... by being hungrier:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?
>
> Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

Hunger is not wonderful, because it leads to overeating.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 12, 2008, 4:25:54 AM7/12/08

Not in the collective clinical experience of those of us who are
actively practicing physicians.

This is why no one has been willing to guarantee any weight loss diet
because diets work only for the short term and have invariably failed
over an extended period of time even in the research setting where it
is known with certainty through close supervision that they are
followed.

Your lack of understanding simply shows that you continue to be guided
by the spirit of error(self) so that the Holy Spirit is absolutely
right to convict you:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1b584f9c6852c5fd?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/7316eef341ebd83a?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/117245343707310e?

Don Kirkman

Jul 12, 2008, 5:08:40 PM7/12/08
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article
<c44835df-138e-4b40...@26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>:

> Thorsten Schier wrote:

>> If I remember correctly, the guarantee only kicks in, if someone has
>> actually followed the 2PD-Approach over an extended period of time. This
>> is, why this guarantee is meaningless. There are many diet or approaches
>> that will lead to long term weight loss, as long as they are followed.

>Not in the collective clinical experience of those of us who are
>actively practicing physicians.

Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
practicing physicians*.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 13, 2008, 4:17:59 AM7/13/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/577937f1fc70e34c?

> Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
> practicing physicians*.

Your false witness is forgiven by me.

Your lie simply shows that satan, who is the source of all lies,
continues to lead you by the nose:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c3ca11187d0eb9e?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Don:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/134aca053227804c?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

Thom Madura

Jul 13, 2008, 7:11:43 AM7/13/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/577937f1fc70e34c?
>> Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
>> practicing physicians*.
>
> Your false witness is forgiven by me.
>
> Your lie simply shows that satan, who is the source of all lies,
> continues to lead you by the nose:

But - Andrew - You are not a practicing medical doctor - it as not a lie.
You are the one not telling the truth -

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 13, 2008, 7:41:52 AM7/13/08
convicted neighbor Thom Madura wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> >> Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
> >> practicing physicians*.
> >
> > Your false witness is forgiven by me.
> >
> > Your lie simply shows that satan, who is the source of all lies,
> > continues to lead you by the nose:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c3ca11187d0eb9e?

> But - Andrew - You are not a practicing medical doctor

Your false witness is also forgiven by me.

This simply shows that you are also being led around by satan, who is
the source of your lie, so that your soul is in peril:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/414170c73b55c2e5?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Thom:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3cef85cf7bd411d0?

Uncle Frederik

Jul 13, 2008, 10:44:27 AM7/13/08
It happens that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD formulated :

> convicted neighbor Thom Madura wrote:

>>> Your false witness is forgiven by me.
>>>
>>> Your lie simply shows that satan, who is the source of all lies,
>>> continues to lead you by the nose:
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c3ca11187d0eb9e?
>>
>> But - Andrew - You are not a practicing medical doctor
>
> Your false witness is also forgiven by me.

Ok, so you think you won't die and are a practicing medical doctor?

Thorsten Schier

Jul 13, 2008, 1:32:39 PM7/13/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

[...]

>>>It should be obvious to the most casual observer that with each
>>>passing day that the seven figure guarantee for the 2PD-OMER Approach
>>>remains in force is an additional day of evidence that there is
>>>success in the long run with eating less, down to the right amount:
>>>
>>>http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/05c0d1705a57da26?
>>
>>If I remember correctly, the guarantee only kicks in, if someone has
>>actually followed the 2PD-Approach over an extended period of time. This
>>is, why this guarantee is meaningless. There are many diet or approaches
>>that will lead to long term weight loss, as long as they are followed.
>

> Not in the collective clinical experience of those of us who are
> actively practicing physicians.
>
> This is why no one has been willing to guarantee any weight loss diet
> because diets work only for the short term and have invariably failed
> over an extended period of time even in the research setting where it
> is known with certainty through close supervision that they are
> followed.

Then please provide a reference to a study where a low calorie diet
failed to achieve sustained weight loss under close supervision. Would
be great if there was more than one patient in the study.

Thorsten

Don Kirkman

Jul 13, 2008, 2:35:19 PM7/13/08
<0e15c9d0-5661-4181...@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/577937f1fc70e34c?

>> Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
>> practicing physicians*.

>Your false witness is forgiven by me.

No matter what you think and write, Andrew, the truth always becomes
evident. Increasingly you make yourself appear to be the spawn of the
liar you invoke so regularly
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

tr...@finder.com

Jul 13, 2008, 7:24:50 PM7/13/08
Our armchair word squeeser opines:

> >> Lucky for the world that *you* are not one of *those* *actively
> >> practicing physicians*.
> >
> > Your false witness is forgiven by me.

Truth:

If onegives ones daughter an aspirin onecan say they are practicing. One
can have some friends and relatives who seek advice or even a
prescription, but that is far from having a practice in the business and
income sense. One relative getting a prescription does not a practice
make, or choose any number and the result is the same.

Too often face saving word play is used which is but all too obvious
obfuscation of the larger reality.

God bless.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 13, 2008, 7:57:32 PM7/13/08

You made the claim earlier that "there are many diet or approaches

that will lead to long term weight loss, as long as they are followed"

but now have unwittingly backpedalled to only one, which happens to be
eating less (i.e. the 2PD-OMER Appproach).

Indeed, folks eating less, reducing the amount of daily food eaten,
have reduced their caloric intake independently of the diet they may
choose to follow.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly support the 2PD-OMER Approach, which is simply
eating less down to the right amount (32 ounces).

Your mistake again shows that you continue to be guided by the spirit
of error (self) so that the Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict
you:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1b584f9c6852c5fd?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/7316eef341ebd83a?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

Uncle Frederik

Jul 13, 2008, 8:04:03 PM7/13/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD expressed precisely :

<snip>

>> Then please provide a reference to a study where a low calorie diet
>> failed to achieve sustained weight loss under close supervision.
>
> You made the claim earlier that "there are many diet or approaches
> that will lead to long term weight loss, as long as they are followed"
> but now have unwittingly backpedalled to only one, which happens to be
> eating less (i.e. the 2PD-OMER Appproach).

Incorrect. If it were, it would be called the Eating-less-approach -
not 2 pound diet approach.

Truth is simple and you're a liar.

tr...@finder.com

Jul 13, 2008, 8:52:49 PM7/13/08
Our armchair dietition promotes the two pound diet,aka 2 pd etc.:

Truth:

It can not work as has been demonstrated here many times. It violates
God's laws of energy and human matabolism. God could care less how many 7
figure prizes are said to exist. He is saddened by the rhetorical
footwork,ex. over 600 k success stories, used in its promotion.

It would be amusing if it were not so sad to retell again the step by step
invention of the two pound diet as it morphed into its present day trash
science and distortions/misuses of scripture. That has been done before
in detail. At each step in its evolution its inventor was mistaken in
points of logic and fact, which when each new point was added to those
before only amplified the gross errors in logic and fact going before.

It is sad also as it parallels the progression over time of several years
of a human disorder from which the inventor suffers. As it progressed the
two pound diet became less andless tied to reality and was more and more a
symptom of the distortions of perception the disorder presents.

One could draw parallel curves for the progression of the disorder and the
growing unreality of the two pound diet almost in a stepwise manner over
the same period of years.

I suggest we pray for he who suffers. May God bless and protect and heal.
Amen

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 13, 2008, 9:46:02 PM7/13/08

Uncle Frederik

Jul 13, 2008, 10:19:22 PM7/13/08
After serious thinking tr...@finder.com wrote :

A very interesting observation indeed. Thanks.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 14, 2008, 6:36:32 AM7/14/08

Aaron

Jul 15, 2008, 8:40:57 AM7/15/08

No, he is NOT any kind of doctor. Any real doctor and most diabetics
know that restricting the amount of food eaten will not cure type 2
diabetes.

Also, Chung is obsessed with Satan - just looks at the titles of his
posts. "When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the
enemy." Hmm...

Personally, I suspect that Chung may be mentally retarded and
psychotic. Of course, it could just be one of those two. Then again
maybe he is an Atheist who thinks it is funny to make Theists look
foolish?

Truth

Jul 15, 2008, 11:18:24 AM7/15/08

Thorsten Schier

Jul 15, 2008, 4:40:23 PM7/15/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

Yes.

> but now have unwittingly backpedalled to only one,

I did this because you seemed to claim that _any_ weight loss diet would
work only for the short term, even if it where followed under close
supervision in a study. Therefor I chose the kind of weight loss diet
that is easiest to designe and where success is almost guaranteed,
although not the easiest to adhere to, that is a low calore diet that
focuses on counting calories and sets the limit of calories sufficiently
low. There are other diet and approaches that would work, like low carb
diets, but there is more room for variation and error and it might be
possible to make a badly designed study on such an an approach, where
people don't keep their weight off.

> which happens to be
> eating less (i.e. the 2PD-OMER Appproach).

No, I didn't ask for a study or an approach where people ate "less", in
the sense you mean, that is lower weight. In fact, I believe that those
diets are most successful in the long run are the ones that allow people
to avoid being hungry. One way to achieve this is to encourage low
calorie foods like broccoli, cabbage and lean meat. A diet based on such
foods would be satieting and low in calories and thus be leading to
weight loss, but it would not be low in weight or volume.

So, not every low calorie diet involves a reduction in the amount eaten.

> Indeed, folks eating less, reducing the amount of daily food eaten,
> have reduced their caloric intake independently of the diet they may
> choose to follow.

If people reduce the amount they eat, without changing their diet
composition, they will consume fewer calories, that much is true, it's a
matter of simple mathematics. This does not say anything about whether
the reduction is enough to induce significant weight loss or whether the
resulting diet is healthy at all. More likely than not, people who are
asked to eat less, _will_ change what they eat and will tend to choose
foods higher in calories in order to avoid hunger.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 15, 2008, 5:21:36 PM7/15/08
convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote in part:
> Andrew,in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/56f2a06af6c93344?

> If people reduce the amount they eat, without changing their diet
> composition, they will consume fewer calories, that much is true, it's a
> matter of simple mathematics. This does not say anything about whether
> the reduction is enough to induce significant weight loss or whether the
> resulting diet is healthy at all. More likely than not, people who are
> asked to eat less, _will_ change what they eat and will tend to choose
> foods higher in calories in order to avoid hunger.

If the latter were true, the lap-banding surgery would not be working
because the patient "will tend to choose foods higher in calories in
order to avoid hunger" when physically forced to eat less because the
banding has reduced the pain-free capacity of their stomachs.

Instead, people tend to choose food that they enjoy eating, which
makes them want even more so that they are hungrier (healthier).

This is why lap-banding invariably works.

This is also why the 2PD-OMER Approach invariably works.

It remains logically consistent that being forced to eat less should
be the same as freely choosing to eat less as far as the body is
concerned.

[...]

%

Jul 15, 2008, 5:22:38 PM7/15/08

are women attracted to you

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 15, 2008, 5:33:17 PM7/15/08
convicted neighbor % wrote:
> are women attracted to you

My wife is attracted to me :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/13497233ce5242cd?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

%

Jul 15, 2008, 5:55:29 PM7/15/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

well everybody makes mistakes i guess ,
oh and don't pray for me i don't need it ,
save it for someone that does or i'll killfile you

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 15, 2008, 7:10:30 PM7/15/08
> well everybody makes mistakes i guess ,

If you still end up in hell, it would be your choice and not our
mistake for praying that you be moved to make the right free-will
choice of seeking GOD's forgiveness...

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/forgiven

... by publicly declaring with your mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/fcb058da12bb3f3d

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

%

Jul 15, 2008, 8:29:57 PM7/15/08

>> well everybody makes mistakes i guess ,
>
> If I still end up in hell, it would be my choice and not yours

i'm sorry you made such a big mistake

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 16, 2008, 5:51:08 AM7/16/08
convicted neighbor % wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e18bed3765e1110c?

> If I still end up in hell, it would be my choice and not yours

As it was for our dearly departed Bob (this one) Pastorio:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/144a9929eb37ee47?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear %:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/13497233ce5242cd?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

%

Jul 16, 2008, 10:08:42 AM7/16/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor % wrote:
>>

>> If I still end up in hell, it would be my choice and not yours
>
> As it was for our dearly departed Bob (this one) Pastorio:

i'm sorry your life is so sad

tr...@finder.com

Jul 16, 2008, 1:20:14 PM7/16/08
Our armchair logician scratches his head and opines:

"This is why lap-banding invariably works.

This is also why the 2PD-OMER Approach invariably works.

It remains logically consistent that being forced to eat less should
be the same as freely choosing to eat less as far as the body is
concerned."

Truth:

The two pound diet,aka 2 pd etc. violates God's laws of energy and human
metabolism.

Two pounds is 907 grams. Carbohydrates and protein have 4 calories per
gram while fat has 9.

It takes about 10calories of food per pound of weight to maintain present
body weight with little or no activity. Increased activity adds to that
number.

907 grams of fat is 8163 calories and carb/protein are 3628 calories.

A six foot person at the top end of the normal range is 185 pounds.
Which means that with little or no activity he needs 1800 calories to stay
at that weight.

Now how about a 5 foot person who at the top of the normal range is 130
pounds and needs 1300 calories with little or no activity?

The arithmetic tells the story.

Depending on two pounds of what foods of what calorie density and how tall
one is and how active, two pounds of intake can cause either gain or loss
of weight.

The two pound diet,aka 2 pd etc. violates God's laws of energy and human
metabolism.

God bless.

trigonometry1972@gmail.com |

Jul 16, 2008, 4:40:56 PM7/16/08
HELL now that is a concept. What is your concept of
HELL Mister Chung. Is it devils with pitchforks doing the
Lord's work of punishing sinners or is it the oblivion of
non-existence that goes forever and forever or is HELL
simply the figurative abode of the dead from which the
dead arise on the Last Day?

Please enlighten us..

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 16, 2008, 10:49:31 PM7/16/08
convicted neighbor % wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/dd7c68ad61fa7eb7?

> i'm sorry your life is so sad

Doing what GOD desires results in joy and happiness instead of
sadness.

GOD remains the Source of all joy and happiness.

There is no joy and happiness in your having type-2 diabetes.

Such is life not doing what GOD desires.

May all who read this also understand this.

Uncle Frederik

Jul 16, 2008, 10:59:58 PM7/16/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD pretended :

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/dd7c68ad

>> i'm sorry your life is so sad
>
> Doing what GOD desires results in joy and happiness instead of
> sadness.

For you, perhaps. Obviously not for % .

> GOD remains the Source of all joy and happiness.

For you, perhaps. Obviously not for % .

%

Jul 16, 2008, 11:19:34 PM7/16/08

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 17, 2008, 12:46:17 AM7/17/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> >> i'm sorry your life is so sad
> >
> > Doing what GOD desires results in joy and happiness instead of
> > sadness.
>
> For you, perhaps.

For all Christians (either Jew or gentile).

> Obviously not for % .

Dear convicted neighbor % has not been doing what GOD desires.

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
rebuke you at each GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/31c3b88286afc5bd?

<><

[...]

Uncle Frederik

Jul 17, 2008, 12:55:24 AM7/17/08
After serious thinking Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD pretended :

>>> Doing what GOD desires results in joy and happiness instead of
>>> sadness.
>>

>> For you, perhaps. Obviously not for % .

> % has not been doing what GOD desires.

He won't be doing what you or anyone desires for that matter. It seems
you're having a hard time dealing with this fact. Unfortunately you
have no control over this.

monkfish

Jul 17, 2008, 1:11:55 AM7/17/08
Uncle Frederik wrote:

Would you like to be able to love Dr. Chung?

--
monkfish
* alt.atheism is removed from the groups header.

Uncle Frederik

Jul 17, 2008, 1:19:59 AM7/17/08
monkfish formulated the question :

Oops. Has
something I
said bothered
you??

:-)

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 17, 2008, 6:57:13 AM7/17/08
convicted friend monkfish wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> >> % has not been doing what GOD desires.
> >
> > He won't be doing what you or anyone desires for that matter. It seems
> > you're having a hard time dealing with this fact. Unfortunately you
> > have no control over this.
>
> Would you like to be able to love Dr. Chung?

That is not possible for those who have blasphemed against the Holy
Spirit thereby killing their souls:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/9c5c55fcace06864?

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

monkfish

Jul 17, 2008, 10:56:21 AM7/17/08
Uncle Frederik wrote:

I do appreciate the chance to be magnanimous;
but you really should not make enemies
of people who try so hard to love you.

Are you allowed to love those who love you
in your deprived scheme of things?

Uncle Frederik

Jul 17, 2008, 11:49:06 AM7/17/08
monkfish laid this down on his screen :

Why are you feigning
love?

Don Kirkman

Jul 17, 2008, 1:00:11 PM7/17/08
<01e24719-fc8a-4928...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted friend monkfish wrote:

>> Would you like to be able to love Dr. Chung?

>That is not possible for those who have blasphemed against the Holy
>Spirit thereby killing their souls:

Oh, surely they aren't the only ones who find it **very** hard, if not
impossible, to love you. You neither give nor receive love in these
newsgroups.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

monkfish

Jul 17, 2008, 1:22:46 PM7/17/08
Uncle Frederik wrote:

You really should learn to be grateful for everything
and appreciate the love of others toward you.

Uncle Frederik

Jul 17, 2008, 1:29:51 PM7/17/08
monkfish formulated on Thursday :

Can you
learn to
stop pretending
and post
properly?

Pastor Dave

Jul 16, 2008, 12:38:45 PM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:08:42 GMT, "%" <per...@gmail.com>
spake thusly:

Listen, would you please do me a favor and add something
to your handle? A lot of software can't kill file a % sign
when there's nothing else with it.

It's not that I'm saying you're an idiot or anything. It's
just that I download messages into a separate piece of
software and so, I kill file folks who consistently talk about
things that have no relevance to groups I read, to cut down
on the amount of messages to sift through and frankly,
I've had enough of the "Chung" threads.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I'm not judging
you, nor the content of your posts. It is just not what I
personally wish to see and so, I would like to kill file you
for that purpose only and not because you've been rude
or anything, so please do not feel as if I am attacking you.

I would really appreciate it and thank you in advance,
should you decide to grant my request. It is your handle
and so, I realize that you have the right to refuse my
request. I have just found that most people use that
type of handle for the purpose of avoiding kill files and
if that is your desire, then I'm sure you'll keep your
handle the same. :) But if that wasn't your reason,
maybe you will be kind enough to grant my request. :)

--

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Cary Kittrell

Jul 17, 2008, 2:50:33 PM7/17/08

Hey, Andy puts in a full day of sanctimonious condescension
and lugubrious shows of feigned concern. Giving love on
top of all that would be a bit much to ask, don't you think?

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 17, 2008, 3:11:16 PM7/17/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3d8b70be3f42c3e8?

>Oh, surely they aren't the only ones who find it **very** hard, if not
>impossible, to love you. You neither give nor receive love in these
>newsgroups.

GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not to garner love from others.

It remains my choice to lovingly do that which GOD desires of me.

This includes joining other Christians (either Jew or gentile) praying for your perishing soul, dear Don:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/134aca053227804c?

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com
A latter-day disciple of the KING of kings and LORD of lords.
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/DiscipleNow

Don Kirkman

Jul 17, 2008, 7:21:23 PM7/17/08
article <1216321...@alibistextweb.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:

>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3d8b70be3f42c3e8?

>>Oh, surely they aren't the only ones who find it **very** hard, if not
>>impossible, to love you. You neither give nor receive love in these
>>newsgroups.

>GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not to garner love from others.

>It remains my choice to lovingly do that which GOD desires of me.

Well, for my part I don't recognize anything you do as loving
according to what I was taught about what God desires of a man: ". .
. to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your
God?"

Which of those do you feel you are you fulfilling in your
self-centered attempts to discredit your fellow men?
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 17, 2008, 8:15:56 PM7/17/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:

> >>Oh, surely they aren't the only ones who find it **very** hard, if not
> >>impossible, to love you. You neither give nor receive love in these
> >>newsgroups.
>
> >GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not to garner love from others.
>
> >It remains my choice to lovingly do that which GOD desires of me.
>
> Well, for my part I don't recognize anything you do as loving...

Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

Your difficulties simply show that you continue to be guided by the
spirit of error(self)...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/a7141ac3ac967fc5?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Don:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/134aca053227804c?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

Cary Kittrell

Jul 17, 2008, 9:26:08 PM7/17/08
In article <288bc68f-1ebd-4613...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> writes:
> convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> > >GOD's purpose for me here remains to inform and not to garner love from others.
> >
> > >It remains my choice to lovingly do that which GOD desires of me.
> >
> > Well, for my part I don't recognize anything you do as loving...
>
> Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
you'd have no responses at all.

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 17, 2008, 10:20:54 PM7/17/08
convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> > > Well, for my part I don't recognize anything you do as loving...
> >
> > Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).
>
> And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
> you'd have no responses at all.

Without the LORD, your beliefs are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Cary:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/5c7bedfac3f61358?

Uncle Frederik

Jul 17, 2008, 10:34:08 PM7/17/08
It happens that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD formulated :

> convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:

>>> Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).
>>
>> And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
>> you'd have no responses at all.

I think he just proved your point.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 18, 2008, 4:27:45 AM7/18/08

Cary Kittrell

Jul 18, 2008, 1:46:07 PM7/18/08
In article <mn.90d67d878...@VoneHassen.net> Uncle Frederik <Fred...@VoneHassen.net> writes:
> roups.com>

> It happens that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD formulated :
> > convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:

> >> And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
> >> you'd have no responses at all.

> > Without the LORD, your beliefs are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).
> >

> I think he just proved your point.

Ironic, wasn't it?

-- cary

Cary Kittrell

Jul 18, 2008, 1:45:20 PM7/18/08
In article <c8abbb88-8481-4485...@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> writes:
> convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> > > Without the LORD, your opinion is meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

> > And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
> > you'd have no responses at all.

> Without the LORD, your beliefs are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

You rest my case neatly. Thank you.

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 18, 2008, 7:16:48 PM7/18/08
convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:

> > > And without your reptilianly mechanical, rote canned responses,
> > > you'd have no responses at all.
>
> > Without the LORD, your beliefs are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).
>
> You rest my case neatly.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly reveal that you need rest.

> Thank you.

Laus Deo :-)

Uncle Frederik

Jul 18, 2008, 7:35:56 PM7/18/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD pretended :

<chop chop>

>>> Without the LORD, your beliefs are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).
>>
>> You rest my case neatly.
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly reveal that you need rest.

Eh??

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 18, 2008, 7:49:22 PM7/18/08

monkfish

Jul 18, 2008, 11:12:35 PM7/18/08
Uncle Frederik wrote:

Are you trying to say that
you just don't wanna love
those who hate you?

Thorsten Schier

Jul 19, 2008, 5:12:02 AM7/19/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote in part:
>
>>Andrew,in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>>

>>>http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/56f2a06af6c93344?
>>
>>If people reduce the amount they eat, without changing their diet
>>composition, they will consume fewer calories, that much is true, it's a
>>matter of simple mathematics. This does not say anything about whether
>>the reduction is enough to induce significant weight loss or whether the
>>resulting diet is healthy at all. More likely than not, people who are
>>asked to eat less, _will_ change what they eat and will tend to choose
>>foods higher in calories in order to avoid hunger.
>

> If the latter were true, the lap-banding surgery would not be working
> because the patient "will tend to choose foods higher in calories in
> order to avoid hunger" when physically forced to eat less because the
> banding has reduced the pain-free capacity of their stomachs.

Not necessarily so, it depends on how much the lap-banding surgery
restricts food intake and whether that can be compensated by choosing
foods higher in calories.

So, yes, a severe restriction in the amount of food will in most cases,
though not always, result in weight loss.

But this is of little relevance for the evaluation of your approach. The
problem with your approach is that most will won't be able or willing to
follow it over an extended period of.

Your approach is not the first one that focuses on reducing the amount
of food. They all fail because people don't stick to it.

It is not enough to tell people they should eat less. If it were that
easy, there wouldn't be so many overweight and obese people in the first
place.

> Instead, people tend to choose food that they enjoy eating, which
> makes them want even more so that they are hungrier (healthier).

So, more likely than not, they _will_ have some more of what ever they
enjoy.

> This is why lap-banding invariably works.
>
> This is also why the 2PD-OMER Approach invariably works.
>
> It remains logically consistent that being forced to eat less should
> be the same as freely choosing to eat less as far as the body is
> concerned.

That may be so as far as the body is concerned, however, people don't
usually freely choose to eat less, because this causes hunger and if
they are hungry they will eat more.

Any attempt to eat less, without changing the kind of food eaten, is
likely to result in binge eating.

Thorsten

Uncle Frederik

Jul 19, 2008, 5:22:22 AM7/19/08
Thorsten Schier wrote :

Actually the reason why lap-banding invariably works, is because the
restrictive effect caused by the band, which causes the subject to feel
full i.e not hungry. This is why it invariably works.

>> This is also why the 2PD-OMER Approach invariably works.

2 pound diet will invariably fail because even if someone religiously
eats 2 pounds a day, tthey will feel *still* feel hungry and, they will
then eat till the hunger goes away. Your diet should focus on the
*hunger* component, for it to invariably work.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 19, 2008, 5:32:48 AM7/19/08
convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:

> > convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote in part:

> >>If people reduce the amount they eat, without changing their diet
> >>composition, they will consume fewer calories, that much is true, it's a
> >>matter of simple mathematics. This does not say anything about whether
> >>the reduction is enough to induce significant weight loss or whether the
> >>resulting diet is healthy at all. More likely than not, people who are
> >>asked to eat less, _will_ change what they eat and will tend to choose
> >>foods higher in calories in order to avoid hunger.
> >
> > If the latter were true, the lap-banding surgery would not be working
> > because the patient "will tend to choose foods higher in calories in
> > order to avoid hunger" when physically forced to eat less because the
> > banding has reduced the pain-free capacity of their stomachs.
>
> Not necessarily so, it depends on how much the lap-banding surgery
> restricts food intake and whether that can be compensated by choosing
> foods higher in calories.

Lap-banding surgery invariably forces people to reduce their food
intake.

When folks are forced to eat less, they preferentially choose food
they enjoy rather than food that is calorically dense.

When folks choose to consume food that they enjoy while eating less
down to the right amount, they will become healthier (hungrier).

Your difficulties understanding the above concept simply shows that
you continue to be guided by the spirit of error(self) so that the

Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict you:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1b584f9c6852c5fd?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/7316eef341ebd83a?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

Thorsten Schier

Jul 19, 2008, 9:07:24 AM7/19/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

>>>If the latter were true, the lap-banding surgery would not be working
>>>because the patient "will tend to choose foods higher in calories in
>>>order to avoid hunger" when physically forced to eat less because the
>>>banding has reduced the pain-free capacity of their stomachs.
>>
>>Not necessarily so, it depends on how much the lap-banding surgery
>>restricts food intake and whether that can be compensated by choosing
>>foods higher in calories.
>

> Lap-banding surgery invariably forces people to reduce their food
> intake.

This is of no relevance to your approach, because your approach does not
force people to reduce their food intake.

If you can point to any study where people lost weight and kept that
weight off, just by telling them to eat less, without any direction
about what to eat, please feel free to do so. Until then, we have no
reason to believe that your approach to weight loss works any better
than other approaches.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 19, 2008, 1:22:47 PM7/19/08

Food intake decreases by either choice, lack of food, or surgical lap-
banding are physiologically equivalent.

Truth is simple.

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishishing soul, dear Thorsten:

Thorsten Schier

Jul 19, 2008, 3:47:25 PM7/19/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

Advising overweight or obese people to eat less, without any direction
about what to eat, has not been successful in the past and we have no
reason to assume that it will be any more successful in the future.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 19, 2008, 9:21:14 PM7/19/08
> about what to eat, has not been successful in the past...

We encourage folks, who are using the 2PD-OMER Approach under
physician supervision, to continue eating their favorites, which are
foods that make them hungrier. This instruction seems to motivate
people to stay with the 2PD-OMER Approach.

Favorite foods tend to be less and not more calorically dense.
Calorically dense foods generally neither taste, look, nor smell as
good as the various favorites that folks have.

More than 625,550 people have achieved clinically meaningful weight
loss (>10%) for more than 5 years using the 2PD-OMER Approach.

Plus, an unprecendented seven-figure guarantee for the 2PD-OMER
Approach remains in force.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/be9939b1fe5e3ad7?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

Thorsten Schier

Jul 19, 2008, 9:40:59 PM7/19/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

Being hungrier on a weight loss approach is equivalent to being less
compliant.

> This instruction seems to motivate
> people to stay with the 2PD-OMER Approach.
>
> Favorite foods tend to be less and not more calorically dense.
> Calorically dense foods generally neither taste, look, nor smell as
> good as the various favorites that folks have.

What, your patients don't like chocolate? Or pizza? Or salami?

> More than 625,550 people have achieved clinically meaningful weight
> loss (>10%) for more than 5 years using the 2PD-OMER Approach.

Neither people from the bible nor imagined people count as scientific
evidence.

> Plus, an unprecendented seven-figure guarantee for the 2PD-OMER
> Approach remains in force.

Which is absolutly meaningless for the reasons already explained in this
thread.

Thorsten

tr...@finder.com

Jul 19, 2008, 10:34:59 PM7/19/08
Our armchair dietition opines:

"We encourage folks, who are using the 2PD-OMER Approach under physician
supervision, to continue eating their favorites, which are foods that make
them hungrier. This instruction seems to motivate people to stay with the
2PD-OMER Approach.

Favorite foods tend to be less and not more calorically dense. Calorically
dense foods generally neither taste, look, nor smell as good as the
various favorites that folks have."

Truth:

Not only did we recently show that God's rules of energy and human
metabolism are violated by the two pound diet,aka 2 pd etc. but we now
have a violation of common sense any 5 year old could demonstrate.

Sadly as also mentioned recently the stepwise progression of the
increasing unreality of the two pound diet matches a stepwise progression
in a disorder from which the poster suffers. The above now amptly
illustrating same.

Troubling also that we must warn off any new readers who might be taken in
by the gross distortions involved least they cause real harm to their
health. A diabetic would be in serious trouble eating the carb laden
foods they crave which nmake them hungrier.

Comforting to a great degree because to a new reader the poster is his own
best reason to ignore his advice for all the above displays of personal
problems.

Let us pray, God bless and protect and provide healing and peace.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 6:12:06 AM7/20/08

Not for the discerning, who know that hunger is wonderful.

Knowing that hunger is wonderful allows us to enjoy that which make us
hungrier, which is healthier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/117245343707310e?

Your lack of discernment here simply shows that you continue to be
guided by the spirit of error (self) so that the Holy Spirit is

absolutely right to convict you:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1b584f9c6852c5fd?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

Mordecai

Jul 20, 2008, 7:13:47 AM7/20/08

You are a cardiologist?
Perhaps you can explain why, when I manage to restore the twist in the spine, I get a
spot which produces ...
a) panic attacks (mild)
b) recovery of the ability to breathe normally (ususally associate with a panting fit
- possibly causing the panic type attack)
c) a 10-20 point drop in my blood pressure.

--
Mordecai!

When words and actions disagree, believe actions.
When rhetoric and reality disagree, either rhetoric is wrong or reality is wrong, and
reality is Never wrong.

Thorsten Schier

Jul 20, 2008, 10:05:07 AM7/20/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

[...]

>>>We encourage folks, who are using the 2PD-OMER Approach under
>>>physician supervision, to continue eating their favorites, which are
>>>foods that make them hungrier.
>>
>>Being hungrier on a weight loss approach is equivalent to being less
>>compliant.
>

> Not for the discerning, who know that hunger is wonderful.

So your approach only works if the patient is discerning. People who
believe that hunger is wonderful are usually not overweight or obese in
the first place. Congratulations, you invented the perfect weight loss
approach for lean people who enjoy being hungry.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 1:31:16 PM7/20/08
> You are a cardiologist?

Yes, per GOD's will.

> Perhaps you can explain why, when I manage to restore the twist in the spine, I get a
> spot which produces ...
> a) panic attacks (mild)
> b) recovery of the ability to breathe normally (ususally associate with a panting fit
> - possibly causing the panic type attack)
> c) a 10-20 point drop in my blood pressure.

Intervertebral disc disease, which does happen because of VAT, which
arises from overeating (eating until full, thereby killing the hunger)
can adversely affect the autonomic nervous system.

Suggested reading:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12478343?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Mordecai:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/995148a4db8a0d6b?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 1:47:08 PM7/20/08
convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
> >>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> >>
> [...]
> >>
> >>Being hungrier on a weight loss approach is equivalent to being less
> >>compliant.
> >
> > Not for the discerning, who know that hunger is wonderful.
>
> So your approach only works if the patient is discerning.

Incorrect.

GOD's 2PD-OMER Approach has worked for everyone (more than 625,550
people and counting) who has chosen to use it. Thus, a seven figure
guarantee remains in force:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/be9939b1fe5e3ad7?

The same can not be written about diets.

Truth is simple.

"See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for
a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son." (Hebrews
12:16)

"Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I'm famished!" -- A hungry
Esau, who falsely believed that hunger meant he was dying from
starvation (Genesis 25:30).

"Look, I am about to die," Esau said. "What good is the birthright to
me?" (Genesis 25:32)

Behold what happens to the godless like Esau:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/a7141ac3ac967fc5?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear godless Thorsten:

%

Jul 20, 2008, 2:00:11 PM7/20/08
Andrew the ignoramus wrote:
> the good guy neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>> Andrew, the ignoramus wrote:

sad sad sad you are a very sad person

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 2:11:32 PM7/20/08
convicted friend % wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/5cb29da030beec45?

> sad sad sad you are a very sad person

You are projecting the sadness you feel because of having diabetes.

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear %:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/13497233ce5242cd?

%

Jul 20, 2008, 2:19:11 PM7/20/08
Andrew B. Chump, MD/PhD wrote:
the good guy % wrote:
Andrew, the sad sack meathead wrote:

I am projecting the sadness I feel because I am a sad sad person

%

Jul 20, 2008, 2:20:25 PM7/20/08

Andrew the ignoramus wrote:
> the good guy neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 3:20:02 PM7/20/08
convicted friend % wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/76edd221cf89fc2f?

> I am projecting the sadness I feel because I am a sad sad person

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly write truthfully for once.

Laus Deo :-)

Thorsten Schier

Jul 20, 2008, 3:58:59 PM7/20/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

>>[...]
>>>
>>>Not for the discerning, who know that hunger is wonderful.
>>
>>So your approach only works if the patient is discerning.
>

> Incorrect.

For every one else, hunger is not wonderful. People don't like hunger.

> GOD's 2PD-OMER Approach has worked for everyone (more than 625,550
> people and counting) who has chosen to use it.

People either imagined or from the bible do not count as evidence in the
real world.

> Thus, a seven figure
> guarantee remains in force:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/be9939b1fe5e3ad7?

Which is absolutly meaningless for the reasons given earlier in this thread.

> The same can not be written about diets.

Actually, people can write anything.

Thorsten

%

Jul 20, 2008, 4:05:33 PM7/20/08
Andrew B. Chump wrote:
Andrew, the space cadet wrote:

why am i such a sad sad man

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 20, 2008, 9:43:49 PM7/20/08
convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:

> >>So your approach only works if the patient is discerning.
> >
> > Incorrect.
> >
> > GOD's 2PD-OMER Approach has worked for everyone (more than 625,550
> > people and counting) who has chosen to use it.
>
> For every one else, hunger is not wonderful. People don't like hunger.

Crazy godless people do hate being hungry:

These are those who are insane because they are no longer grounded in
reality because of suffering from the delusion that "hunger is bad,
because it means starvation" and they are crazy because they will do
insane things like overeat to kill their hunger.

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

%

Jul 20, 2008, 9:44:41 PM7/20/08
no , you're wrong

Thorsten Schier

Jul 21, 2008, 5:05:06 PM7/21/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> convicted neighbor Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

>>>Incorrect.
>>>
>>>GOD's 2PD-OMER Approach has worked for everyone (more than 625,550
>>>people and counting) who has chosen to use it.
>>
>>For every one else, hunger is not wonderful. People don't like hunger.
>

> Crazy godless people do hate being hungry:
>
> These are those who are insane because they are no longer grounded in
> reality because of suffering from the delusion that "hunger is bad,
> because it means starvation" and they are crazy because they will do
> insane things like overeat to kill their hunger.

So, basically, everyone who disagrees with you is crazy.

This is really ironic, considering the number of people who think that
_you_ are crazy.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 21, 2008, 10:21:59 PM7/21/08

Incorrect.

Insanity clinically arises from delusion.

Delusion is simply believing that which is not true.

Because LORD Jesus Christ is the truth, it logically follows that
those who do not believe in HIM are clinically insane.

Your insanity simply shows that you continue to be guided by the
spirit of error(self):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/577937f1fc70e34c?

Thorsten Schier

Jul 22, 2008, 3:51:07 PM7/22/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

What a bizzare definition of insanity. You are sure that you are a real
physician?

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2008, 6:38:35 PM7/22/08

Simply a use of logic rather than a definition.

> You are sure that you are a real
> physician?

In my ever closer walk with LORD Jesus Christ, Who is the Author of
all reality, He has been keeping me well-connected with reality.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling

to unwittingly serve as an example of the mental illness that happens
without His forgiveness of your innumerable sins:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/577937f1fc70e34c?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear Thorsten:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/7316eef341ebd83a?

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

> Thorsten

Cary Kittrell

Jul 22, 2008, 6:53:32 PM7/22/08

Similar "logic" would "discern" that measles arises
from these here little red spots.

-- cary

Thorsten Schier

Jul 22, 2008, 6:58:59 PM7/22/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:

What a bizzare logic.

>>You are sure that you are a real
>>physician?
>

> In my ever closer walk with LORD Jesus Christ, Who is the Author of
> all reality, He has been keeping me well-connected with reality.

Well, you make a good job hiding this.

Thorsten

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2008, 7:12:15 PM7/22/08
convicted neighbor Cary Kittrell wrote:

Logic does not discern.

Instead, the discerning are able to use logic masterfully just as the
seeing are able to use a white cane masterfully.

At this point, you can hook your nosering with Don Kirkman's as satan
leads you both around:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/1e1a88f8796a59c7?

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray

for your perishing soul, dear Cary:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/5c7bedfac3f61358?

Cary Kittrell

Jul 22, 2008, 7:16:01 PM7/22/08

Neither do you, so I guess it's a wash.

> Instead, the discerning are able to use logic masterfully just as the
> seeing are able to use a white cane masterfully.
>
> At this point, you can hook your nosering with Don Kirkman's as satan
> leads you both around:

Sorry, I've stopped nosering. Just as you should give up
shamering yourself like this.

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2008, 7:29:16 PM7/22/08

Without the LORD, your guesses are meaningless (Ecclesiastes):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/a88f3caf4697e3e7?

Cary Kittrell

Jul 22, 2008, 7:37:37 PM7/22/08

Scripturally unsupported, Scripturally unsupportable.

Kindly stop "improving" Scripture.

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2008, 8:02:21 PM7/22/08