Snit v Schestowitz - The Grilling!?! ;)

Goblin

Jul 24, 2011, 4:43:00 PM7/24/11
Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.

We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
was grilled? Who won? or maybe...

The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.

You can decide, it will available soon!

www.bytesmedia.co.uk

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 4:49:19 PM7/24/11
Goblin stated in post rt%Wp.49146$wK7....@newsfe13.ams2 on 7/24/11 1:43
PM:

> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>
> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>
> The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.
>
> You can decide, it will available soon!
>
> www.bytesmedia.co.uk

I am still recovering from the "grilling". :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

Jul 24, 2011, 4:55:32 PM7/24/11

I'm surprised you even have the strength to type a post in COLA! ;)

Gary Stewart

Jul 24, 2011, 5:00:32 PM7/24/11

I can feel the love already :)
Group hug!

--
7/24/2011 5:00:14 PM
Gary Stewart

Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Come laugh at Linux "advocacy" with us!

http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/techrights-org

Linux's dismal desktop market share:

http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop
glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Desktop Linux on Life Support:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/is-linux-on-the-desktop-dead--961508

When I use the term Linux I am speaking of desktop Linux unless
otherwise stated.

Steve Carroll

Jul 24, 2011, 5:45:22 PM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 2:43 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>
> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation.  Who
> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>
> The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.

Or how he's still able pull the wool over a few people's eyes.

> You can decide

Many already have:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d45c380531d6da4d

(cue up Snit whining *again* about how numerous scores of posters on
usenet are all wrong about him)

Goblin

Jul 24, 2011, 6:17:59 PM7/24/11
On 24/07/11 22:45, Steve Carroll wrote:
> Or how he's still able pull the wool over a few people's eyes.

But then that would suggest I cannot make a decent judgment call on my
experience with another. Is that what would be suggested? or maybe its
just human nature and clashes of personality that occur between people
naturally?

Some people get on, some people don't, happens all the time.

Regard.

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 6:56:04 PM7/24/11
Gary Stewart stated in post mobwojdenu81$.qgp9jae9f24t$.d...@40tude.net on
7/24/11 2:00 PM:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:49:19 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Goblin stated in post rt%Wp.49146$wK7....@newsfe13.ams2 on 7/24/11 1:43
>> PM:
>>
>>> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>>>
>>> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
>>> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>>>
>>> The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.
>>>
>>> You can decide, it will available soon!
>>>
>>> www.bytesmedia.co.uk
>>>

>> I am still recovering from the "grilling". :)
>
> I can feel the love already :)
> Group hug!

It was actually a very civil conversation. I have the audio also, but I
won't publish it until they do - it is their show after all. Even after
that, no real reason for me to do so...

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

Jul 24, 2011, 7:06:51 PM7/24/11

I hope you felt you had the opportunity to get some of the points you
wanted to make across. If you are happy with the end result then I hope
you'll come back on.

FYI My show notes probably now won't hit the site until monday, however
the show will be up on Roys site hopefully by 2am UK time.

And in anycase you have to come back on.....we never had that Dr Who
conversation!

Kindest regards
Tim.

Steve Carroll

Jul 24, 2011, 7:15:43 PM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 4:17 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 24/07/11 22:45, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> > Or how he's still able pull the wool over a few people's eyes.
>
> But then that would suggest I cannot make a decent judgment call on my
> experience with another.

Not at all... Snit has pulled the wool over many people's eyes for a
length of time. You seem to believe that your experience with a given
person is all that is needed to make an accurate assessment of his/her
character. While that can be true for the average person in many cases
(not all), for certain people, this is obviously not the case by a
long stretch. That list indicates that Snit is one of those people.

> Is that what would be suggested? or maybe its
> just human nature and clashes of personality that occur between people
> naturally?
>
> Some people get on, some people don't, happens all the time.

Some people, sure... but why have so many labeled him the way they
have? You can safely bet your child's eyes that he if he bothers to
respond to this he will try to shine the light on me or someone else
to avoid addressing that list and taking responsibility; he'll do or
say ANYTHING to avoid it.

> Regard.

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 7:23:53 PM7/24/11
Goblin stated in post tS0Xp.58915$Ll1....@newsfe24.ams2 on 7/24/11 3:17
PM:

> On 24/07/11 22:45, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> Or how he's still able pull the wool over a few people's eyes.
>
> But then that would suggest I cannot make a decent judgment call on my
> experience with another. Is that what would be suggested? or maybe its
> just human nature and clashes of personality that occur between people
> naturally?
>
> Some people get on, some people don't, happens all the time.
>
> Regard.

I get not getting along... Carroll takes that to a new height. Or low.
Check out 65f8c761-5d20-4d75...@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com
for an example:

Steve Carroll
-----
Why, because I don't believe that a college level instructor,
at least, not one in his right mind, would act the way that
this "Snit" person has acted? Or that I might reasonably
believe, based on how he has acted, that this "Snit" person
isn't really a college level instructor at all but is merely
impersonating one?
-----

Notice: not a single example of what he even claims I do. When pushed, he
will point to others words - often from his own socks... or debates from
2004-2006 and insist if I do not rehash them I am saying there is some time
limit on dishonesty... as if his BS has not been refuted many, many times.

And then just read the rest of his rant... it is insane. And Steve has been
ranting like this since 2004 or so... completely consumed by his hatred:

-----
Your position is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that this
potential imposter calling himself "Snit" has been tolerated
as long as he has is what's "SICK". Were you concerned for
the children in our society and fully cognizant of the role
model aspect that teachers play in it... you should be
standing beside me on this!

Undoubtedly, this person named "Snit" will claim I "know" he
is a teacher based on what I just wrote... but my point is
simple, it's to protect the role model aspect for real
teachers who work hard at what they do. I can do that here by
calling into question the likelihood of an imposter or a
person who, by sheer dumb luck, happens to hold a teaching
position while casting a very dark shadow on the teaching
profession in a public forum. Whatever turns out to be the
truth regarding any relationship between "Snit" and Michael
Glasser, given what "Snit" has written and done online, I'm
thoroughly convinced that the folks at Yavapai College will
see my viewpoint on this. If they don't then I'll have some
arm twisting to do. I don't expect to have to do much of that
but I am well aware of the mechanisms.

This "Snit" person... a person who posts while not using his
real name online and has told too many lies to count
(thereby, publicly trashing his reputation), seems to believe
(falsely) that the law will protect his anonymity... but he's
mistaken about that and he's about to have it proven to him
in a way I'm sure he never expected. He obviously believes
he's quite clever and has thought all the angles... but he
clearly hasn't. Unless he, or someone, gives me a sound
reason not to... I intend to do what I said I'll do. That's
not a threat... that's a promise. Being that he's making
jokes about the whole thing... he's obviously not too worried
about it so I don't expect to see any sound reasoning come
from him. I reject the reasoning you've tried to use thus
far. Notably, not one other person has stepped up to offer a
sound reason.
-----

Insane. Literally.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 7:24:58 PM7/24/11
Goblin stated in post hA1Xp.44862$T85....@newsfe19.ams2 on 7/24/11 4:06
PM:

> On 24/07/11 23:56, Snit wrote:
>> Gary Stewart stated in post mobwojdenu81$.qgp9jae9f24t$.d...@40tude.net on

>>> I can feel the love already :)
>>> Group hug!
>>
>> It was actually a very civil conversation. I have the audio also, but I
>> won't publish it until they do - it is their show after all. Even after
>> that, no real reason for me to do so...
>
> I hope you felt you had the opportunity to get some of the points you
> wanted to make across. If you are happy with the end result then I hope
> you'll come back on.

I am happy. I think I would prep some better examples, but so be it.
Overall very pleased.

> FYI My show notes probably now won't hit the site until monday, however
> the show will be up on Roys site hopefully by 2am UK time.
>
> And in anycase you have to come back on.....we never had that Dr Who
> conversation!

LOL! Yes. Though it pretty much is my saying I do not know the old ones
well.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

Jul 24, 2011, 7:32:27 PM7/24/11
On 25/07/11 00:15, Steve Carroll wrote:
> You seem to believe that your experience with a given
> person is all that is needed to make an accurate assessment of his/her
> character.

Completely. Of course this assessment is only based on my experience of
a person and is only relevant to me. Like I say, some people get on,
some don't, This leads nicely to your point:

> Some people, sure... but why have so many labeled him the way they
> have? You can safely bet your child's eyes that he if he bothers to
> respond to this he will try to shine the light on me or someone else
> to avoid addressing that list and taking responsibility; he'll do or
> say ANYTHING to avoid it.

To which I would respond and risk repeating myself, I would never base
my opinions on what someone else has told me about a person. That goes
for anyone in this newsgroup. To do so would be just as "blind" (in my
view) as going with the opinions of others no matter how many there are.
You must have personal experience if you are to make a balanced judgment
for yourself.

I remember a few years back when I was posting on Microsoft-Watch, there
were many people claiming Joe Wilcox was a Microsoft shill. Of course
completely incorrect and I stood by my assessment. I liked Joe (and
still read his work to date).

Its very difficult to make an accurate assessment of anyone online, so
the old adage "do unto others..." seems to be the best course of action.
If people are polite, then I respond far better to them no matter how
much I may disagree with their view.

One final point:

> he will try to shine the light on me or someone else
>> to avoid addressing that list and taking responsibility;

To which I can only say that he came on the show and presented his
views/opinions without shining lights at anyone. The one thing which is
strikingly obvious from the start of the show is that Michael takes
responsibility for his opinions. Thats in relation to the show and
thats also the basis of my judgment on him. I cannot get involved or
comment on a plethora of bad feeling (On both sides) which has probably
gone on for years and when I wasn't even present in COLA.

Kind regards,

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 8:10:32 PM7/24/11
Goblin stated in post iY1Xp.25471$Z04....@newsfe07.ams2 on 7/24/11 4:32 PM:

Steve likes to pretend I am evil... but a subtle evil... where he cannot
find quotes from me actually being evil, but he can scavenge and forge
quotes - and use socks - to show how everyone has figured out how evil I am.

It makes *no* sense. But he has been following around to every forum I go
to - including support forums for health issues - to troll me and make
absurd accusations.

It gets old. Once he and his ex (or not ex or whatever - I do not care)
tracked me down to where I work and started behaving completely insanely in
that area (and when he was heavily trolling the health related support
group) I stopped responding directly to him. He is, literally, dangerous
and unstable.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Gary Stewart

Jul 24, 2011, 8:58:10 PM7/24/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 15:56:04 -0700, Snit wrote:

> It was actually a very civil conversation. I have the audio also, but I
> won't publish it until they do - it is their show after all. Even after
> that, no real reason for me to do so...

I'm sure it was. It wouldn't serve anyone to be in attack mode.
I look forward to listening.

--
7/24/2011 8:56:50 PM

High Plains Thumper

Jul 24, 2011, 9:29:52 PM7/24/11
Steve Carroll wrote:

> Goblin wrote:
>
>> But then that would suggest I cannot make a decent judgment call on my
>> experience with another.
>
> Not at all... Snit has pulled the wool over many people's eyes for a
> length of time. You seem to believe that your experience with a given
> person is all that is needed to make an accurate assessment of his/her
> character. While that can be true for the average person in many cases
> (not all), for certain people, this is obviously not the case by a long
> stretch. That list indicates that Snit is one of those people.

Snit is a traditional ad hominem troll. He starts out appearing "nice",
but it degrades into a tirade when one gets sucked into his lying
pathological circus, with his forged evidence, straw men and lies.

Most have him killfiled and those who don't (non-trolls of course) either
ignore him or limit their answers to "please go away".

He has joined forces with flatfish to disrupt this group. The following is
a recap of Snit through the past 8 years:

2004:

9- Bob B.: "This has always been pretty much a free-for-all group, but
since Snit showed up, its become almost impossible to have a decent
discussion about anything. The solution is to NOT REPLY TO SNIT. But for
some reason, some people just can't stop feeding him." 27 Dec 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d2f1dff196ca190

2005:

69- Liam Slider (cola): "Maybe he's responding to the fact you've been an
annoying little fuckwit lately. You started out with the pretense of
trying to be fair, but lately all there is from you in COLA is trashtalk
about Linux and you acting every bit the troll." 16 Jul 2005

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/ad7d6c42c5e4cf2f

2006:

41- Henry Flam: "You on the other hand must be a deeply troubled
individual who has a fragile ego. I needn't agree nor disagree with the
points above. I don't care about them. Your constant complaints, whines,
rages, etc., wars with the regular Mac advocates, whom you mislabel as
trolls, arise from your sense that any conversation or thread must orbit
around you. People have pointed that out to you but you don't accept that.
Snit I feel sorry for you. Please go and see a doctor about your
solipsism. There must be a cure for you deep psychological travail." 18
Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9bb48e6e6da75c8

2007:

85- Mr. Blonde: "Lastly, I can't help but comment on the fact that your
obsession with Sandman has actually grown since you claimed to KF him.
Killfilling someone generally implies you're ignoring that person, yet you
piggyback onto virtually every reply to him here and and check his
website's validation status more often than most people check their
e-mail. These are not the actions of a mentally balanced individual." 19
Jan 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2b005666ab303e2b

2008:

151- Znu: "The Snit Circus has gotten particularly bad as of late. When I
set up my filters to kill all of Snit's posts, plus direct replies to them
(which is how I'm keeping things from now on), nearly 40% of the most
recent 1000 articles in CSMA go out the window. .... In all, something
like 50% of the traffic in this group is now related to Snit insanity.
.... I killfile Edwin because I don't have a patience to have discussions
with someone who deliberately tries to waste my time. But watching *other
people* tie him knots can be entertaining. The Snit-related posts are not
like this. They are endless repetitions of the exact same material and/or
arguments dating back *years* about who said what." 20 Apr 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/9244dd79c682b2d6

2009:

46- hophead: "I have been reading and occasionally posting to CSMA for a
long time now, since 1995 at least. There have always been trolls and
morons, but I've never seen anything quite so disruptive as the Snit
circus. Snit will *never* back down or stop, and neither will most of his
opponents. A good kill file is your only hope." 20 Aug 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3161a78667e299eb

2010:

15- cc (COLA): "You are incapable of letting anything go. In fact, I
guarantee you will respond to this post in under 3 hours. Hell, I'd be
surprised if it takes longer than 30 minutes. If I really wanted to, I
could make this little side topic go on forever, because you are a
complete moron who just has to respond to anything written about or to
you, even if it just means repeating yourself." 1 Feb 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/3712090033411605

2011:

93- notlisted (COLA): "I actually like Apple. But I see you as an asshole
who spends an embarassing percentage of your life posting derogatory
comments about a computer operating system you obviously detest, and
insulting those who defend it in a newsgroup dedicated its advocacy.
That's almost the definition of being an asshole, and you have half a
dozen buddies who do the same thing. You excuse what you do by pretending
that you're merely pointing out problems in the hope that the system will
be improved, but that's an obvious lie whether it's you saying it or one
of your buds. You do it because you enjoy the feeling it gives you,
whatever that is." 07 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/90b57eaa796e8b14

Within the last 30 days:

154- Marti Van Lin (COLA): "I paid enough attention to Snit IMHO. I
killfiled him the very first month I started lurking COLA. I find his
nitpicking and immature behavior extremely annoying. I am not going to
torture myself reading his bullshit. Snit is also a proven liar. Remember
his retarded exif debacle." 08 Jul 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d12622df3671359b

--
HPT

An Old Friend

Jul 24, 2011, 11:30:49 PM7/24/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:10:32 -0700, Snit chiseled
CA520288.A0271%use...@gallopinginsanity.com in stone using Trajan:

And it's that kind of behavior that's truly insane. I see a similar
obsessiveness here in COLA with several individuals. At some point in
time, one has to let go. Holding a grudge against someone hurts the person
holding the grudge far more.

> It gets old. Once he and his ex (or not ex or whatever - I do not care)
> tracked me down to where I work and started behaving completely insanely
> in that area (and when he was heavily trolling the health related
> support group) I stopped responding directly to him. He is, literally,
> dangerous and unstable.

I would have attempted to take legal action at that moment. As soon as
things go offline, it's a different ball game.

I look forward to listening to the show.

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 10:55:48 PM7/24/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post j0iguj$en9$1...@dont-email.me on 7/24/11
6:29 PM:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>> Goblin wrote:
>>
>>> But then that would suggest I cannot make a decent judgment call on my
>>> experience with another.
>>
>> Not at all... Snit has pulled the wool over many people's eyes for a
>> length of time. You seem to believe that your experience with a given
>> person is all that is needed to make an accurate assessment of his/her
>> character. While that can be true for the average person in many cases
>> (not all), for certain people, this is obviously not the case by a long
>> stretch. That list indicates that Snit is one of those people.
>
> Snit is a traditional ad hominem troll. He starts out appearing "nice",
> but it degrades into a tirade when one gets sucked into his lying
> pathological circus, with his forged evidence, straw men and lies.

So quote my doing as you say.

Oh, you cannot.

100% predictable.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 24, 2011, 11:34:38 PM7/24/11
Gary Stewart stated in post wmn6h9fdx1dl$.xfbdzztx...@40tude.net on
7/24/11 5:58 PM:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 15:56:04 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>> It was actually a very civil conversation. I have the audio also, but I
>> won't publish it until they do - it is their show after all. Even after
>> that, no real reason for me to do so...
>
> I'm sure it was. It wouldn't serve anyone to be in attack mode.
> I look forward to listening.

To be sure, Roy and I do not and did not agree fully... and even questioned
each other's views and perhaps morality... but not in any mean spirited or
offensive way. I have not re-listened to the show, but I cannot think of a
single offensive thing either Roy or Goblin said. In my view incorrect -
sure... as I am sure at least Roy sees some of my comments. But I have no
problem with disagreements.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 4:43:55 AM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 02:29, High Plains Thumper wrote:
> Snit is a traditional ad hominem troll. He starts out appearing "nice"

Hi HPT!

Ive (obviously) spoken to Michael in person which is very different from
merely text only. I am sure Michael or myself would let people know if
we have a falling out...

Kind regards,

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 11:40:15 AM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post h1aXp.58010$yn7....@newsfe20.ams2 on 7/25/11 1:43
AM:

> On 25/07/11 02:29, High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Snit is a traditional ad hominem troll. He starts out appearing "nice"
>
> Hi HPT!
>
> Ive (obviously) spoken to Michael in person which is very different from
> merely text only. I am sure Michael or myself would let people know if
> we have a falling out...
>
> Kind regards,

What amazes me is how many people are offended by *other* people getting
along. Are least HPT is showing his goal of disruption; others are more
subtle.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

White Spirit

Jul 25, 2011, 1:00:05 PM7/25/11
On 24/07/2011 21:43, Goblin wrote:

> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.

> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...

Who fucking cares? Snit does nothing but troll this group with the
intention of disrupting its purpose. I really don't know why anyone
would want to humour him to the point of drawing even more attention
towards him.

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 2:00:34 PM7/25/11

I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
an audiocast.

White Spirit

Jul 25, 2011, 2:06:46 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/2011 19:00, Goblin wrote:

> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
> an audiocast.

It would interest me a lot more if both the participants were honest and
intelligent. Snit is lacking at least one of those characteristics.

RonB

Jul 25, 2011, 2:07:39 PM7/25/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:00:34 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> On 25/07/11 18:00, White Spirit wrote:
>> On 24/07/2011 21:43, Goblin wrote:
>>
>>> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>>
>>> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation.
>>> Who was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>>
>> Who fucking cares? Snit does nothing but troll this group with the
>> intention of disrupting its purpose. I really don't know why anyone
>> would want to humour him to the point of drawing even more attention
>> towards him.
>
> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
> an audiocast.

He's not the only one who feels this way. And Snit hasn't been "alleged"
to be an obsessive crank and lying troll, he *is* an obsessive crank and
lying troll. A Google Group search will quickly confirm this -- and it's
not just in COLA but also the in the Mac Advocacy newsgroup that he
spreads his bullshit and discord.

Of course you're free to humor Snit's bullshit, as I'm free to killfile
your posts if you continue doing so.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 2:36:21 PM7/25/11
On Jul 24, 5:32 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25/07/11 00:15, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> >   You seem to believe that your  experience with a given
> > person is all that is needed to make an accurate assessment of his/her
> > character.
>
> Completely.

I would disagree that this is possible.

> Of course this assessment is only based on my experience of
> a person and is only relevant to me.

This is the same for all posters.

> Like I say, some people get on, some don't,

We're not talking about just a few people here, we're not even talking
about a few dozen, we're talking about numerous scores of people.

>This leads nicely to your point:

No... and the very idea that you can conduct an interview with him and
publicly proclaim that it highlights him as a "decent chap" doesn't
pass the laugh test. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here, I'm
simply stating a fact. Decent people just don't do the kinds of things
Snit has done.

> > Some people, sure... but why have so many labeled him the way they
> > have?  You can safely bet your child's eyes that he if he bothers to
> > respond to this he will try to shine the light on me or someone else
> > to avoid addressing that list and taking responsibility;  he'll do or
> > say ANYTHING to avoid it.
>
> To which I would respond and risk repeating myself, I would never base
> my opinions on what someone else has told me about a person.  That goes
> for anyone in this newsgroup.  To do so would be just as "blind" (in my
> view) as going with the opinions of others no matter how many there are.
> You must have personal experience if you are to make a balanced judgment
> for yourself.

I believe you're suffering from a different kind of blindness. You are
seen freely admitting that you don't have the same kinds of negative
experience with Snit as do the many others who don't consider him
"decent".

With the above in mind, what do you think it says about your ability
to make a "balanced judgment" when you are seen publicly claiming this
interview has highlighted him as "decent" to a forum of people who
have publicly stated they believe otherwise?

> I remember a few years back when I was posting on Microsoft-Watch, there
> were many people claiming Joe Wilcox was a Microsoft shill.  Of course
> completely incorrect and I stood by my assessment.  I liked Joe (and
> still read his work to date).
>
> Its very difficult to make an accurate assessment of anyone online,

It's really pretty easy to do when you've seen them engage in things
like sexual harassment, document forgery, ID theft, sock puppetry,
etc. That he constantly claims those providing proof of his guilt are
guilty of doing the things he does isn't a decent act by any honest
person's account.

Here's a tidbit you might consider as you proclaim Snit to be a
"decent chap". The following is a rare Snit offering... it's an
apology (as he lies about an alleged "obsession"), though, it's too
little, too late, but he's offering it nevertheless... for the sexual
harassment of a female poster in csma:

"I do not owe her an apology of any sort, other than to say that I
*might* have mischaracterized her obvious obsession when I stated it
was based on sexual or lustful feelings. It is possible that it was
not". - Snit

Given the wording there is no question this apology is gender based,
as Snit flatly admits to (accompanied with his other lie that he
"*might* have mischaracterized" things) .

How much do you want to bet that Snit will attempt damage control here
by shining the light away from his apology or trying to twist what he
was apologizing for? It was Snit's actions in this situation that
prompted other posters to write things like:

"Perhaps he's "crossed". I think his new revelation of "police action"
would go badly for him. He has constantly proven himself to be an
idiot with his *obsession* to win some point. He should learn when to
pull back". - Mike Dee

"basically this "snit" character has been caught out projecting some
strange fantasy on a female poster. as a woman, it's very annoying
when your arguments are derided or ignored on the basis of your sex.
i'm not buying into the whys and wherefores of snit's and elizabot's
past debates but what a classic ploy! "but she came on to me!" and
then suggesting others should avoid elizabot... heh, this poor snitzel
character thinks everybody is after his arse! and now it's "ah, let's
forget it...

apologise snitzel! " - ShutterBugz
--

"Even Elizabot, whom you essentially stalked and sexually harrassed in
csma might be tempted to give you another chance." - ed

My view: A "decent chap" doesn't engage in the act of sexual
harassment. You are free to disagree with that idea, as well... but
you'll undoubtedly come out looking less than a decent chap yourself
if you do so. It's a good bet you have seen Snit tell his ol' lie that
no one ever presents proof of his wrongdoing. If this is the case
then how is it that I have just presented an apology from Snit if he's
never done anything "wrong"?

> so the old adage "do unto others..." seems to be the best course of action.
>   If people are polite, then I respond far better to them no matter how
> much I may disagree with their view.

It's not Snit's views that I'm discussing here, it's his actions and
*other* people's views of him that are based on his actions.

> One final point:
>
> > he will try to shine the light on me or someone else
> >> to avoid addressing that list and taking responsibility;
>
> To which I can only say that he came on the show and presented his
> views/opinions without shining lights at anyone.

I can unequivocally say that, by and large, Snit has refused to take
responsibility for his actions on usenet. That he just did exactly
what I said he'd do with respect to 'light shining' is further proof
of it.

> The one thing which is
> strikingly obvious from the start of the show is that Michael takes
> responsibility for his opinions.

I'm talking about his actions.

> Thats in relation to the show and
> thats also the basis of my judgment on him.  I cannot get involved or
> comment on a plethora of bad feeling (On both sides) which has probably
> gone on for years and when I wasn't even present in COLA.

Your position appears to be tantamount to: 'Well, he didn't rape my
wife so he's fine in my book'.

For the record I accused Snit of being a "newsgroup rapist"... which
he undoubtedly is... but Snit turned that into "rapist", leaving off
the newsgroup qualifier so he could better play the "victim" (as he is
prone to doing). No one can convince me that is the action of a
"decent chap".

> Kind regards,

Ditto.

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 2:44:24 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 19:07, RonB wrote:
> Of course you're free to humor Snit's bullshit, as I'm free to killfile
> your posts if you continue doing so.

And I celebrate your freedom to do that. I would take no offense if you
did.

Just like if someone came to me and said "RonB has done XYZ" unless I
have personal experience of you I'm not going to give it much thought.

As I say realistically with all the allegations and incidents online,
the only policy which I can have which prevents complete confusion is
"Do unto others...."

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 2:47:11 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 19:36, Steve Carroll wrote:
> "decent chap" doesn't
> pass the laugh test. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here, I'm
> simply stating a fact. Decent people just don't do the kinds of things
> Snit has done.

Can I just repeat, everybody, everybody who I make my own judgement on,
I do so only on a basis of personal experience. I cannot and will not
go off anyone elses version. If I have that ethos, then I have to apply
it to everybody, not just those who share more in common.

Like I say, its my judgement call and my opinion of someone based on
experience.

If people want to killfile me because of it fine. But I treat everyone
fairly and the same. Thats always been my ethos.

RonB

Jul 25, 2011, 3:24:59 PM7/25/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:44:24 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> Just like if someone came to me and said "RonB has done XYZ" unless I
> have personal experience of you I'm not going to give it much thought.

You, of course, could confirm whether it was true by doing a Google Group
search. (As I suggested you do with Snit.)

Gary Stewart

Jul 25, 2011, 3:26:48 PM7/25/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:43:00 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>
> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>

> The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.
>
> You can decide, it will available soon!

It's up and you can find it here:

http://techrights.org/2011/07/24/gnu-linux-macosx-by-michael-glasser-roy-schestowitz-and-goblin-on-techbytes/

http://tinyurl.com/3m23kkj

Here are my impressions, in no particular order:

Overall a very pleasant and civil debate.

I find that I, personally, agree far more with Roy, Goblin and Snit
than maybe I thought I would. There are some glaring exceptions, but
overall I can understand their points.

I disagree with Snit wrt to the consistent UI topic. I think a
differentiation has to be made between say closing dialog box
differences (Exit, Quit, Close) and something like the Ribbon.

For me, the latter, "The Ribbon" is an abomination that impedes my
work flow. Floating Toobars and other clutter just add to the
confusion IMHO and when one program has a ribbon and others don't
it's a mess.

However, wrt closing dialog boxes, for me it's not a big deal if it
says Quit or Exit. I can figure it out and if I get it wrong, well
then next time I know what it does.

Not a big issue for me.

WRT to Gnome vs kde vs Flux etc, I see where Snit is coming from
with respect to using the same hot keys and that the applications
should work the same.
I agree.

Roy made a valid point comparing the same applications running under
say Windows and Mac using the same keys etc.
For Protools, they don't.
Same for Nuendo.
Close but not quite.
It *is* however very close and users will have no trouble adjusting
after a very short time. But he is correct that even in the
commercial world, consistency is not always observed.

The discussion of why companies like Adobe are reluctant to port to
Linux and the reasons are mostly due to the many different versions
of Linux, toolkits and so forth. Snit supported his claims with
studies done by Adobe in this area.
I agree more with Goblin and Roy though because I think that if
Adobe ported Photoshop to one of the major distributions like Fedora
or Redhat or Ubuntu, the users would be there and would be willing
to pay for the software.

A discussion of COLA and it's purpose was next and Roy is a little
misleading because it appears he doesn't want to hear the defects of
Linux. Also he mis-states the purpose of the group by leaving out
the "....as compared to other operating systems" part. That's right
from the charter BTW.

Audio wise the show sounds good.
Snit and Roy sound fine although there are some encoding defects
here and there which sound phasey. Nothing major though.

Goblin, please watch the 'plosives. Make a pop filter or put the mic
under your chin more.
I'm looking for a LADSPA limiter solution for you.
You guys did do something different, a limiter or compressor I
suspect, with episode 52 (I think that's the one?) because nobody
peaked higher than -.1db I believe so whatever you did different
there, put it back!

Otherwise the audio was fine.
Pretty decent in fact.

Anyway, a pleasant and surprising listening experience and I would
suggest giving it a listen because maybe, just maybe, their is a
little honesty and sincerity leaking through the typical hostility
of COLA.

Maybe that's a sign of better things to come?
For me it seems that way.

Well done to Roy, Goblin and Snit.

Peace in the village.

--
7/25/2011 2:17:16 PM

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 3:28:56 PM7/25/11
On Jul 24, 9:30 pm, An Old Friend <an....@friend.com.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:10:32 -0700, Snit chiseled
> CA520288.A0271%use...@gallopinginsanity.com in stone using Trajan:

(snip)

> > Steve likes to pretend I am evil...

No, Snit.. Steve doesn't pretend anything, Steve quotes things from
the Google archive which dispel the notion that you're a "decent chap"

> > but a subtle evil... where he cannot
> > find quotes from me actually being evil, but he can scavenge and forge
> > quotes - and use socks - to show how everyone has figured out how evil I
> > am.
>
> > It makes *no* sense.  But he has been following around to every forum I
> > go to - including support forums for health issues - to troll me and
> > make absurd accusations.
>
> And it's that kind of behavior that's truly insane.

It's also a pack of lies. I have and still do post quotes of Snit's
BS. I didn't "stalk" Snit to anywhere. I don't use socks (why would I
need them to confront Snit's BS?). If you're not just another in a
long line of puppets/shills (I don't believe you are but I have some
doubt) perhaps you won 't mind answering the following simple
question:

Does your thinking here apply to Snit, as well? The reason I ask is
because...

Snit is the person who 'stalked' a female poster (Ebot), even going to
her community's website to dig up crap to harass her with on usenet.

Snit is responsible for the filthy sex-based web page that he targeted
Ebot with... he used a sock puppet (absurdly claiming someone "snuck"
into his house) to do it... and then tried to pin it on others.

Snit is the person to have authored websites filled with lies for the
sole purpose of harassing people.

Snit is the person who tried to drag people's children into usenet to
use as unaware targets in his trolling.

Snit is the person who obsessively followed posters like ZnU and
Sandman around while repeatedly challenging their professionalism
because they didn't agree with his opinion about Dreamweaver. (It's a
good bet that Snit was the person who flooded Sandman's site)

Snit is person to go to the police.

Snit is the person to call other people's ISPs.

Snit is the person to threaten to go to a soldier's commanding
officer.

Snit is the person who authored too many trolling threads to count in
csma (and who knows how many in cola).

> I see a similar
> obsessiveness here in COLA with several individuals.

Really? Who in cola went to the police? Who called people's ISPs? Who
threatened to call someone's commanding officer as they mentioned the
name of the fort they believed the person was stationed at? Who made
veiled threats to write (or suggest to have others write) an email to
people's place of business?

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7b9b6c28fdb6324c?hl=en&dmode=source

> At some point in
> time, one has to let go. Holding a grudge against someone hurts the person
> holding the grudge far more.

If pointing out the facts hurts anyone here it would be Snit... the
person who should be doing all he can to change those facts.

> > It gets old.  Once he and his ex (or not ex or whatever - I do not care)
> > tracked me down to where I work and started behaving completely insanely
> > in that area (and when he was heavily trolling the health related
> > support group) I stopped responding directly to him.  He is, literally,

> >dangerousand unstable.

> I would have attempted to take legal action at that moment. As soon as
> things go offline, it's a different ball game.

Yup... so... why do you think he hasn't? I was one of the people for
whom Snit contacted my ISP (repeatedly). When I showed them what he
was up to they offered to help me if I decided to press charges. Snit
has repeatedly told the lie that my ISP has dropped me because of his
complaints (Note: I'm *still* using Comcast). Snit has told the lie
that Comcast stopped carrying usenet newsgroups because of me (and a
few others he alleges they claim are "like" me). Snit alleges that he
received an email from Comcast stating as much... he even had a puppet/
shill make the same claim. It was Snit who went outside of usenet by
going to the police. It was Snit who went outside of usenet by
contacting people's ISP. It was Snit doing the sorts of things he
keeps trying to get people to believe others are doing against him.
It's the hypocrite Snit who plays the victim while you dance to his
tune.

> I look forward to listening to the show.

There won't be anything new in it.

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 3:29:50 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 20:24, RonB wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:44:24 +0100, Goblin wrote:
>
>> Just like if someone came to me and said "RonB has done XYZ" unless I
>> have personal experience of you I'm not going to give it much thought.
>
> You, of course, could confirm whether it was true by doing a Google Group
> search. (As I suggested you do with Snit.)

As Ive said before when certain individuals were claim 7 did or said
things, when certain individuals claimed Roy said or did, I say then as
I say now. Personal experience.

I did not believe that 7 was making claims and I hadn't seen any.

The second someone suggests something that I know to be untrue, I will
speak out, such as with many of the allegations against Roy.

Posts can be faked and as Ive also said before I just don't have the
time the research everything thats alleged.

In anycase, what does my opinion mean anyway? Very little I'd suggest.
If people want to read what I write (about any subject) great, if they
don't, then thats fine aswell. Just because Ive made judgments about
people doesn't mean I'm right and I don't think there is anyone hanging
on my every word for the definative answer on anyone's character.

Kind regards,

RonB

Jul 25, 2011, 3:38:06 PM7/25/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:29:50 +0100, Goblin wrote:

> Posts can be faked and as Ive also said before I just don't have the
> time the research everything thats alleged.

It would take very little newsgroup research work to find a pattern of
behavior (for both me and Snit -- and the others mentioned). But enough on
this subject. If I see too much of Snit's crap via your messages I'll
simply killfile your posts. Not personal, it's just that I don't like
being drawn into the Snit circus, even indirectly. When Snit starts
pulling the same crap on you that's he pulled on most everyone else here
and at CSMA, I won't even say "I told you so."

Good luck.

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 3:43:22 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 20:38, RonB wrote:
> If I see too much of Snit's crap via your messages I'll
> simply killfile your posts. Not personal, it's just that I don't like
> being drawn into the Snit circus, even indirectly. When Snit starts
> pulling the same crap on you that's he pulled on most everyone else here
> and at CSMA, I won't even say "I told you so."

No offense would be taken at all if you did. And if you were right,
then I wouldn't take offense at you saying "Told you so" either.

Kind regards
Tim.

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 3:46:36 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 12:47 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25/07/11 19:36, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> >   "decent chap" doesn't
> > pass the laugh test. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here, I'm
> > simply stating a fact. Decent people just don't do the kinds of things
> > Snit has done.
>
> Can I just repeat, everybody, everybody who I make my own judgement on,
> I do so only on a basis of personal experience.

As is your prerogative.... but surely you're old enough (perhaps not)
to know that there can be repercussions to anything you do. One of
them is to have people show you the truth about a misstatement you
have made. What you choose to do with that truth is your business.
Here, notably, you have removed my having shown a quote of Snit
apologizing for having sexually harassed a female poster. If you're
not just blindly looking the other way for some reason or other, this
would seem to suggest that you believe a "decent chap" would engage in
sexual harassment and still be considered decent. To hold such a
belief is also your prerogative... and people are free to make their
own judgements about your belief in this respect.

> I cannot and will not
> go off anyone elses version.  If I have that ethos, then I have to apply
> it to everybody, not just those who share more in common.
>
> Like I say, its my judgement call and my opinion of someone based on
> experience.
>
> If people want to killfile me because of it fine.  But I treat everyone
> fairly and the same.  Thats always been my ethos.
>
> --

> Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! -http://www.openbytes.tk

> "Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."
> Catch me in #techrights on freenode.net
>
> BytesMedia:www.bytesmedia.co.uk
>

> Email: bytes4f...@googlemail.com

cc

Jul 25, 2011, 3:55:42 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 3:46 pm, Steve Carroll <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 12:47 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 25/07/11 19:36, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> > >   "decent chap" doesn't
> > > pass the laugh test. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here, I'm
> > > simply stating a fact. Decent people just don't do the kinds of things
> > > Snit has done.
>
> > Can I just repeat, everybody, everybody who I make my own judgement on,
> > I do so only on a basis of personal experience.
>
> As is your prerogative....

No it's not! This is COLA. If chrisv tells you to killfile someone,
you better fucking do it.

--
"I forge posts." - Snit

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 3:56:35 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 20:46, Steve Carroll wrote:
> As is your prerogative.... but surely you're old enough (perhaps not)
> to know that there can be repercussions to anything you do.

I will skip over that rather derogatory implication to say that maybe
its because "Im old enough" to actually rise above allegations and
merely treat others how they treat me. I personally left the "he said
she said" in the schoolyard many years ago and have more productive
things than to research every allegation I see online.

As I have said numerous times, personal responsibility is one of the
most important things to have.

Lets get some perspective here, the topics discussed here are about tech
and sometimes delving into attacks on each other, its hardly life or
death and its certainly not real life. I say what I think, what I
experience and stand by what I say. If I'm wrong, fine, if people don't
want to read fine as well. I'm not loosing sleep over it and I will
continue to treat everyone how they treat me.

Damn me for it if you wish, but don't suggest theres an inexperience of
"life" just because I won't be drawn into disputes and allegations that
I have no experience of. I have better things to do, I'm sure you do too.

And by the way, I'm 37. Not sure how that fairs on your scale of "old
enough".

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk

"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."
Catch me in #techrights on freenode.net

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 3:59:32 PM7/25/11
White Spirit stated in post j0k7eq$ov5$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11 10:00 AM:

Can you give some examples of my doing as you say?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:00:09 PM7/25/11
White Spirit stated in post j0kbbr$k7k$2...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11 11:06 AM:

See: accusations you cannot support.

This is the type post I mean when I talk about the low quality posts of
COLA. It is a shame.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Peter Köhlmann

Jul 25, 2011, 4:09:01 PM7/25/11
Goblin wrote:

> On 25/07/11 20:38, RonB wrote:
>> If I see too much of Snit's crap via your messages I'll
>> simply killfile your posts. Not personal, it's just that I don't like
>> being drawn into the Snit circus, even indirectly. When Snit starts
>> pulling the same crap on you that's he pulled on most everyone else here
>> and at CSMA, I won't even say "I told you so."
>
> No offense would be taken at all if you did. And if you were right,
> then I wouldn't take offense at you saying "Told you so" either.
>
> Kind regards
> Tim.

Well, starting from now you will reside where Snit Michael Glasser sits
since several years: In the killfile, permanently, for giving that cretinous
twit just another platform

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:14:54 PM7/25/11
RonB stated in post j0kbdb$jpb$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11 11:07 AM:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:00:34 +0100, Goblin wrote:

>>> Who fucking cares? Snit does nothing but troll this group with the
>>> intention of disrupting its purpose. I really don't know why anyone
>>> would want to humour him to the point of drawing even more attention
>>> towards him.
>>
>> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
>> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
>> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
>> an audiocast.
>
> He's not the only one who feels this way. And Snit hasn't been "alleged"
> to be an obsessive crank and lying troll, he *is* an obsessive crank and
> lying troll.

You can say this, but can you quote my doing as you say?

I can quote you repeatedly accusing me of being anti-choice even after you
were repeatedly corrected on that issue. Which, really, was just dishonest
of you.

> A Google Group search will quickly confirm this -- and it's
> not just in COLA but also the in the Mac Advocacy newsgroup that he
> spreads his bullshit and discord.
>
> Of course you're free to humor Snit's bullshit, as I'm free to killfile
> your posts if you continue doing so.

You made accusations of dishonesty. I am challenging you to back them up.
Your claiming to hide behind a KF is no excuse for you not to back up your
claims.

But you will not... because you have *no* examples.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 4:29:22 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 1:56 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25/07/11 20:46, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> > As is your prerogative.... but surely you're old enough (perhaps not)
> > to know that there can be repercussions to anything you do.
>
> I will skip over that rather derogatory implication to say that maybe
> its because "Im old enough" to actually rise above allegations and
> merely treat others how they treat me.

I'm sorry if you were offended... but... as I don't know how old you
are it's entirely possible you're young enough and/or inexperienced
enough that you haven't really considered things through all the way.
That's not derogatory in any way.

(cue up Snit using your statement here as ammo to drive a wedge
between you and the realities I'm presenting)

> I personally left the "he said
> she said" in the schoolyard many years ago and have more productive
> things than to research every allegation I see online.

I didn't ask you to research allegations. I'm asking you to judge from
the horse's mouth. IOW, what about what **Snit** himself said... that
I pointed you to (that you purposefully removed when you responded)?

> As I have said numerous times, personal responsibility is one of the
> most important things to have.
>
> Lets get some perspective here

1 - You have conducted an interview whereby you are claiming it has
highlighted the interviewee to be a "decent chap".

2 - I have provided evidence that calls this claim into question.

3 - You are ignoring that evidence while repeatedly telling me you are
entitled to make up your own mind.

Of course you are entitled to make up your own mind about Snit... just
as I'm entitled to point out what I am pointing out about him in
challenge to your proclamation. I don't believe what I'm writing would
bother you at all if you didn't already suspect there was truth to it.

Regards

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:30:35 PM7/25/11
RonB stated in post j0kfub$lv7$2...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11 12:24 PM:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:44:24 +0100, Goblin wrote:
>
>> Just like if someone came to me and said "RonB has done XYZ" unless I
>> have personal experience of you I'm not going to give it much thought.
>
> You, of course, could confirm whether it was true by doing a Google Group
> search. (As I suggested you do with Snit.)

You cannot find a single quote by me to back your accusations.

I can, easily, pull up quotes where you make claims about me and my views
even after you have been corrected - multiple times. The one that comes to
mind is your claims about my view on choice... I want *more* choice but you
call this an "anti-choice" stance.

RonB:
-----
You don't like the variety of UIs and think there should be one
"consistent" UI mandated by (? whomever) -- it ain't happening.
-----

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:31:22 PM7/25/11
RonB stated in post j0kgmu$lv7$3...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11 12:38 PM:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:29:50 +0100, Goblin wrote:
>
>> Posts can be faked and as Ive also said before I just don't have the
>> time the research everything thats alleged.
>
> It would take very little newsgroup research work to find a pattern of
> behavior (for both me and Snit -- and the others mentioned). But enough on
> this subject. If I see too much of Snit's crap via your messages I'll
> simply killfile your posts. Not personal, it's just that I don't like
> being drawn into the Snit circus, even indirectly. When Snit starts
> pulling the same crap on you that's he pulled on most everyone else here
> and at CSMA, I won't even say "I told you so."
>
> Good luck.

Funny how you cannot point to my doing as you accuse.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:50:40 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post 9biXp.11052$VZ6....@newsfe18.ams2 on 7/25/11 11:00
AM:

> On 25/07/11 18:00, White Spirit wrote:
>> On 24/07/2011 21:43, Goblin wrote:
>>
>>> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>>
>>> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
>>> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>>
>> Who fucking cares? Snit does nothing but troll this group with the
>> intention of disrupting its purpose. I really don't know why anyone
>> would want to humour him to the point of drawing even more attention
>> towards him.
>
> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
> an audiocast.

My main view in terms of desktop Linux is that I want the *choice* to have
distros that better follow the science and evidence and provide increased
productivity, reduced errors, greater efficiency and even greater enjoyment.
This does not mean all such distros should be the same, nor does it mean any
choices should be removed. Nor does it mean that every distro should
interpret the evidence in the same way, nor that users should be locked into
what the distro provides.

It is bizarre how much anger and even hatred this brings forth from some in
COLA. I mean, really, I can understand if there is some level of
disagreement (on what topic is there not)... especially when you get to
details of that... but as a basic idea it just amazed me how strong the
emotions are in relation to my advocating improvement (or, really, just the
*choice* to have improved systems.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:51:24 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post fQiXp.44840$29.3...@newsfe08.ams2 on 7/25/11 11:44
AM:

> On 25/07/11 19:07, RonB wrote:
>> Of course you're free to humor Snit's bullshit, as I'm free to killfile
>> your posts if you continue doing so.
>
> And I celebrate your freedom to do that. I would take no offense if you
> did.

I have no problem with him claiming to have me in a KF... but I do not think
that excuses him from his obligation to try to back up his accusations
against me.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:53:16 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post SSiXp.44844$29.2...@newsfe08.ams2 on 7/25/11 11:47
AM:

> On 25/07/11 19:36, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> "decent chap" doesn't
>> pass the laugh test. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here, I'm
>> simply stating a fact. Decent people just don't do the kinds of things
>> Snit has done.
>
> Can I just repeat, everybody, everybody who I make my own judgement on,
> I do so only on a basis of personal experience. I cannot and will not
> go off anyone elses version. If I have that ethos, then I have to apply
> it to everybody, not just those who share more in common.
>
> Like I say, its my judgement call and my opinion of someone based on
> experience.
>
> If people want to killfile me because of it fine. But I treat everyone
> fairly and the same. Thats always been my ethos.

Let me clarify a past post of mine to you: unlike Steve, I provided a quote
from him where he behaved in an absolutely horrid way... where he tracked me
down to my place of employment, threatened to contact my employer to have me
fired, etc... and yet I have *never* said you should not speak to him nor
encouraged you to KF him.

Make up your own mind about people.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 4:54:45 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post ZTjXp.44932$29....@newsfe08.ams2 on 7/25/11 12:56 PM:

> On 25/07/11 20:46, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> As is your prerogative.... but surely you're old enough (perhaps not)
>> to know that there can be repercussions to anything you do.
>
> I will skip over that rather derogatory implication to say that maybe
> its because "Im old enough" to actually rise above allegations and
> merely treat others how they treat me. I personally left the "he said
> she said" in the schoolyard many years ago and have more productive
> things than to research every allegation I see online.
>
> As I have said numerous times, personal responsibility is one of the
> most important things to have.

Very much agree.

> Lets get some perspective here, the topics discussed here are about tech
> and sometimes delving into attacks on each other, its hardly life or
> death and its certainly not real life. I say what I think, what I
> experience and stand by what I say. If I'm wrong, fine, if people don't
> want to read fine as well. I'm not loosing sleep over it and I will
> continue to treat everyone how they treat me.
>
> Damn me for it if you wish, but don't suggest theres an inexperience of
> "life" just because I won't be drawn into disputes and allegations that
> I have no experience of. I have better things to do, I'm sure you do too.
>
> And by the way, I'm 37. Not sure how that fairs on your scale of "old
> enough".

Ha! I am older! :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 5:01:49 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 21:29, Steve Carroll wrote:
> 1 - You have conducted an interview whereby you are claiming it has
> highlighted the interviewee to be a "decent chap".

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. My basis for decision is based on
what I present on the audiocast. I find nothing offensive in it and we
had a nice conversation. I am sure there is much both myself and
Michael would disagree on, but on the basis of what was presented in the
show, there's hardly anything there controversial or offensive.

I'm not bothered with peoples opinions differing (or not) just courtesy
and politeness. Whatever conclusions people have drawn over Michael I
would hope it could not be argued that the audiocast was both polite and
courteous.

Thats the basis of my experience. Others may differ and its up to them
to state their points and do as I do. Its not my place to be judge and
jury. Infact its this attitude which has me attacked by "the other side
of the fence" by way of "Pope" comments or "sugary".

Thats fine, I tend to concentrate on my opinions and not be swayed by
general opinion. To do otherwise would be hypocritical and go against
everything Ive said in the past. I said it in IRC many times, "I stand
alone" - To hell with the mainstream view. - If I'd stuck with the
mainstream view (and not my own opinions) I'd probably be using Windows
7 and saying that Linux doesn't have Photoshop!

> I don't believe what I'm writing would
> bother you at all if you didn't already suspect there was truth to it.

It didn't, merely the inference that age (or lack of) could be
responsible for my opinion. I form my opinions, age (as far as I'm
concerned) has nothing to do with it.

If we are considering "what I suspect" then I would say, nothing much.
I don't take COLA or any online forum as seriously as that. I love and
enjoy COLA and all other tech discussions I have, but its a hobby. I
have a wife, kids and a career that take far greater priority. For many
people here I suspect IT is an integral part of their lives and thats
great, it produces some incredibly insightful passionate posts/writings.
For me though, I'm not in that world.

Kindest regards,
Tim.

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 5:08:35 PM7/25/11
Gary Stewart stated in post 1qurygy1h4c2q.1cs7a83jais2m$.d...@40tude.net on
7/25/11 12:26 PM:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:43:00 +0100, Goblin wrote:
>
>> Goblin promised, Goblin delivers.
>>
>> We've finished record ing Snit (Michael's) interview/participation. Who
>> was grilled? Who won? or maybe...
>>
>> The whole interview merely highlighted what a decent chap Michael is.
>>
>> You can decide, it will available soon!
>>
> It's up and you can find it here:
>
> http://techrights.org/2011/07/24/gnu-linux-macosx-by-michael-glasser-roy-sches
> towitz-and-goblin-on-techbytes/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3m23kkj
>
> Here are my impressions, in no particular order:
>
> Overall a very pleasant and civil debate.

Agreed.

> I find that I, personally, agree far more with Roy, Goblin and Snit
> than maybe I thought I would. There are some glaring exceptions, but
> overall I can understand their points.

Fair enough.

> I disagree with Snit wrt to the consistent UI topic. I think a
> differentiation has to be made between say closing dialog box
> differences (Exit, Quit, Close) and something like the Ribbon.
>
> For me, the latter, "The Ribbon" is an abomination that impedes my
> work flow. Floating Toobars and other clutter just add to the
> confusion IMHO and when one program has a ribbon and others don't
> it's a mess.
>
> However, wrt closing dialog boxes, for me it's not a big deal if it
> says Quit or Exit. I can figure it out and if I get it wrong, well
> then next time I know what it does.
>
> Not a big issue for me.

There are two types of inconsistencies you just brought up:

1) arbitrary: things such as Quit/Exit or having buttons in different Save
dialogs be in different order.

2) User-based: having a paradigm change

Now *both* can negatively affect productivity, error rates, efficiency, etc.
No doubt. And if you dislike the new "paradigm" then the change there can
be a nasty one for you. No doubt. But at least there is a reason and
without people trying new things there is stagnation. Sometimes those new
things work out. Sometimes they do not.

But the arbitrary ones have the detriments without any of the advantages.
Thus they should be reduced as much as reasonably possible (or, if you
prefer, the choice should be there to have them reduced on a system). Even
with the latter, they should be done carefully and with great thought to
minimize risks.

> WRT to Gnome vs kde vs Flux etc, I see where Snit is coming from
> with respect to using the same hot keys and that the applications
> should work the same.
> I agree.
>
> Roy made a valid point comparing the same applications running under
> say Windows and Mac using the same keys etc.
> For Protools, they don't.
> Same for Nuendo.
> Close but not quite.
> It *is* however very close and users will have no trouble adjusting
> after a very short time. But he is correct that even in the
> commercial world, consistency is not always observed.

The idea you can adjust to an environment that reduces productivity, etc. is
a great thing... over time you can even reduce the detrimental effects. On
a user by user basis. But it is better to make the system itself better.

> The discussion of why companies like Adobe are reluctant to port to
> Linux and the reasons are mostly due to the many different versions
> of Linux, toolkits and so forth. Snit supported his claims with
> studies done by Adobe in this area.

Yes.

> I agree more with Goblin and Roy though because I think that if
> Adobe ported Photoshop to one of the major distributions like Fedora
> or Redhat or Ubuntu, the users would be there and would be willing
> to pay for the software.

One challenge here: Ubuntu is the darling today. Mint might be tomorrow.
And then PCLOS. Apple does enough messing with Adobe... frankly if Apple
did not help Adobe as much as they do with their migrations and if Apple did
not have the user base of Adobe pro products that they have, Adobe might
have just left the Mac behind. And the risk on desktop Linux is even
greater.

> A discussion of COLA and it's purpose was next and Roy is a little
> misleading because it appears he doesn't want to hear the defects of
> Linux. Also he mis-states the purpose of the group by leaving out
> the "....as compared to other operating systems" part. That's right
> from the charter BTW.

Good point. And he ignores the fact that most of the "advocates" do not do
as he is asking.

> Audio wise the show sounds good.

Yes... it is the best I have heard from them... based on the bits I have
listened to.

> Snit and Roy sound fine although there are some encoding defects
> here and there which sound phasey. Nothing major though.

I have a copy as well - though I was planning on having my voice be on one
track and the others' be on a separate track, that did not work out (I had
to update a driver for a beta product on Lion and did not want to delay the
recording by even the couple minutes this would have taken).

> Goblin, please watch the 'plosives. Make a pop filter or put the mic
> under your chin more.
> I'm looking for a LADSPA limiter solution for you.
> You guys did do something different, a limiter or compressor I
> suspect, with episode 52 (I think that's the one?) because nobody
> peaked higher than -.1db I believe so whatever you did different
> there, put it back!
>
> Otherwise the audio was fine.
> Pretty decent in fact.

Good to hear that from you.

> Anyway, a pleasant and surprising listening experience and I would
> suggest giving it a listen because maybe, just maybe, their is a
> little honesty and sincerity leaking through the typical hostility
> of COLA.

I wish COLA could be that civil. Heck, I wish Roy was that civil on COLA.
He already has made claims about my comments which, unless I worded
something very poorly, are not true. Maybe I did word something poorly?
Maybe he just misunderstood? As long as he acknowledges his mistake I do
not think it speaks poorly of his character (though it does perhaps show an
insight into his bias)... so I hope he does come forward with a correction.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 5:11:11 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post cRkXp.45968$r52....@newsfe02.ams2 on 7/25/11 2:01
PM:

> On 25/07/11 21:29, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> 1 - You have conducted an interview whereby you are claiming it has
>> highlighted the interviewee to be a "decent chap".
>
> Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. My basis for decision is based on
> what I present on the audiocast. I find nothing offensive in it and we
> had a nice conversation. I am sure there is much both myself and
> Michael would disagree on, but on the basis of what was presented in the
> show, there's hardly anything there controversial or offensive.

Except Tom Baker!

> I'm not bothered with peoples opinions differing (or not) just courtesy
> and politeness. Whatever conclusions people have drawn over Michael I
> would hope it could not be argued that the audiocast was both polite and
> courteous.
>
> Thats the basis of my experience. Others may differ and its up to them
> to state their points and do as I do. Its not my place to be judge and
> jury. Infact its this attitude which has me attacked by "the other side
> of the fence" by way of "Pope" comments or "sugary".
>
> Thats fine, I tend to concentrate on my opinions and not be swayed by
> general opinion. To do otherwise would be hypocritical and go against
> everything Ive said in the past. I said it in IRC many times, "I stand
> alone" - To hell with the mainstream view. - If I'd stuck with the
> mainstream view (and not my own opinions) I'd probably be using Windows
> 7 and saying that Linux doesn't have Photoshop!

:)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 5:19:23 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 3:01 pm, Goblin <bytes4f...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25/07/11 21:29, Steve Carroll wrote:
>
> > 1 - You have conducted an interview whereby you are claiming it has
> > highlighted the interviewee to be a "decent chap".
>
> Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.  My basis for decision is based on
> what I present on the audiocast.

And I appreciate that... but... when you come into a *public* forum
and make a claim such as the one you have made... where people largely
disagree with it, you should expect to be called on the carpet over
it.

> I find nothing offensive in it and we
> had a nice conversation.  I am sure there is much both myself and
> Michael would disagree on, but on the basis of what was presented in the
> show, there's hardly anything there controversial or offensive.
>
> I'm not bothered with peoples opinions differing (or not) just courtesy
> and politeness.  Whatever conclusions people have drawn over Michael I
> would hope it could not be argued that the audiocast was both polite and
> courteous.

Polite and courteous are great... how about honesty?

> Thats the basis of my experience.  Others may differ and its up to them
> to state their points and do as I do.  Its not my place to be judge and
> jury.

Is it your place to verify the statements you make on your show as
based on what a guest tells you regarding their history? IOW did you
bother to verify any of the statements you made regarding Snit's
background that you announced the way you did? Let's forget about the
legal ramifications for a minute... I don't know how seriously you
take your show or where you position it in your mind but perhaps you
should consider this...

http://www.journalism.org/resources/principles

> Infact its this attitude which has me attacked by "the other side
> of the fence" by way of "Pope" comments or "sugary".
>
> Thats fine, I tend to concentrate on my opinions and not be swayed by
> general opinion.  To do otherwise would be hypocritical and go against
> everything Ive said in the past.  I said it in IRC many times, "I stand
> alone" - To hell with the mainstream view. - If I'd stuck with the
> mainstream view (and not my own opinions) I'd probably be using Windows
> 7 and saying that Linux doesn't have Photoshop!
>
> > I don't believe what I'm writing would
> > bother you at all if you didn't already suspect there was truth to it.
>
> It didn't, merely the inference that age (or lack of) could be
> responsible for my opinion.  I form my opinions, age (as far as I'm
> concerned) has nothing to do with it.
>
> If we are considering "what I suspect" then I would say, nothing much.
> I don't take COLA or any online forum as seriously as that.  I love and
> enjoy COLA and all other tech discussions I have, but its a hobby.  I
> have a wife, kids and a career that take far greater priority.  For many
> people here I suspect IT is an integral part of their lives and thats
> great, it produces some incredibly insightful passionate posts/writings.
>   For me though, I'm not in that world.
>
> Kindest regards,
> Tim.
> --

> Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! -http://www.openbytes.tk

> "Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."
> Catch me in #techrights on freenode.net
>
> BytesMedia:www.bytesmedia.co.uk
>

> Email: bytes4f...@googlemail.com

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 5:37:42 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 22:19, Steve Carroll wrote:
> And I appreciate that... but... when you come into a*public* forum

> and make a claim such as the one you have made... where people largely
> disagree with it, you should expect to be called on the carpet over
> it.

That goes without saying. Although like I say implications on how my
opinion was formed are what I objected to.

> Polite and courteous are great... how about honesty?

And that (as I said not being the judge and jury) is completely up to
the person listening.

> Is it your place to verify the statements you make on your show as
> based on what a guest tells you regarding their history? IOW did you
> bother to verify any of the statements you made regarding Snit's
> background that you announced the way you did? Let's forget about the
> legal ramifications for a minute... I don't know how seriously you
> take your show or where you position it in your mind but perhaps you
> should consider this...
http://www.journalism.org/resources/principles

I hope I made the basis of my opinion very clear. Since you state that
people already had theirs here, then I see no problem with me voicing my
experience. I made no implication that I had "extra" or "insider" info
on Michael and made it very clear (I hope) how I came to my findings.

In respect of your link, I think that had I not made the basis for my
"declaration" clear then there would be room for complaint. In
particular from that link:

" JOURNALISM'S FIRST OBLIGATION IS TO THE TRUTH"

and Ive stated that I have not researched the past, Ive stated that my
opinion is formed on what was presented. If thats not truthful I don't
know what is. People have stepped up here and stated their opinions
which is great, thats their freedom and they have disagreed with me.
Anyone reading can make their own balanced judgment. My opinion is
certainly no better than anyone elses.

Kind regards,

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk

"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."
Catch me in #techrights on freenode.net

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

William Poaster

Jul 25, 2011, 6:05:35 PM7/25/11
White Spirit wrote:

> On 25/07/2011 19:00, Goblin wrote:
>

>> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
>> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
>> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
>> an audiocast.
>

> It would interest me a lot more if both the participants were honest and
> intelligent. Snit is lacking at least one of those characteristics.

+1

--
Feeling lucky?.. Upgrade your Windows software!
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software

William Poaster

Jul 25, 2011, 6:07:13 PM7/25/11
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

Already done here.

--
Backup not found! A)bort, R)etry or P)anic?

William Poaster

Jul 25, 2011, 6:12:09 PM7/25/11
RonB wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:00:34 +0100, Goblin wrote:

>>> Who fucking cares? Snit does nothing but troll this group with the
>>> intention of disrupting its purpose. I really don't know why anyone
>>> would want to humour him to the point of drawing even more attention
>>> towards him.
>>

>> I'm sorry you feel like that. Regardless of what people are alleged to
>> have done, not done or indeed believe, I certainly think its interesting
>> to hear two posters (who have been here a long time) talking together on
>> an audiocast.
>

> He's not the only one who feels this way. And Snit hasn't been "alleged"
> to be an obsessive crank and lying troll, he *is* an obsessive crank and

> lying troll. A Google Group search will quickly confirm this -- and it's

> not just in COLA but also the in the Mac Advocacy newsgroup that he
> spreads his bullshit and discord.
>

> Of course you're free to humor Snit's bullshit, as I'm free to killfile
> your posts if you continue doing so.

Goblin's already stated he's not interested in doing google searches, &
thinks Michael Snot Glasser is a "decent chap".
That's as far as I got, & Goblin's now in the bin.

--
Smith & Wesson: The original point-n-click user interface.

Goblin

Jul 25, 2011, 6:20:59 PM7/25/11
On 25/07/11 23:12, William Poaster wrote:
> Goblin's already stated he's not interested in doing google searches,&
> thinks Michael Snot Glasser is a "decent chap".
> That's as far as I got,& Goblin's now in the bin

And if you'd "gotten" a little further you would have read the rest and
the basis for that opinion.

Still since you have/are killfiling me as a result I see little reason
to continue and I suppose this is more for the benefit of those that don't.

It does though make me wonder at who I am dealing with when on the basis
of my opinion on an individual, someone is willing to "throw teddy in
the corner" and killfile me. I'd don't recall being insulting or
personal. I certainly won't consider killfile on someone who voices an
opinion I don't like.

I am grateful that I now know since I won't waste time in the future
responding.

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 6:29:11 PM7/25/11
William Poaster stated in post pa61g8-...@mylinuxnetwork.beta.net on
7/25/11 3:12 PM:

Your choice... but keep in mind you are kill filtering people because they
are making up their own mind and not believing you or anyone else blindly,
esp. without any evidence.

That is just silly.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 6:39:46 PM7/25/11
Goblin stated in post MmlXp.69114$J65....@newsfe14.ams2 on 7/25/11 2:37
PM:

> On 25/07/11 22:19, Steve Carroll wrote:
>> And I appreciate that... but... when you come into a*public* forum
>> and make a claim such as the one you have made... where people largely
>> disagree with it, you should expect to be called on the carpet over
>> it.
>
> That goes without saying. Although like I say implications on how my
> opinion was formed are what I objected to.

Just so you know: I have looked at Carroll's "evidence" against me... some
problems with it:

1) It is from 2004. Really, if I am as evil as he says can he not find
anything a wee bit more recent?

2) His "evidence" is a sign of my giving the absolute most benefit of the
doubt. I was proved wrong

3) The woman Steve points to is someone who obsessed over me. In 2004. Not
really interested in dragging her name through the mud... though others have
copies of my heavily documented and linked file which shows her obsessive
behavior, including begging me to talk to here about types of sex,
complaining when I did not consult her in my family planning options, her
bragging about tracking me down to my place of work and finding my
neighbor's names (and saying she had contacted them and was having them
watch me), her accusing me of calling her (Steve also made up stories of my
contacting his wife - never happened), her posting info in CSMA about the
birth of my oldest child - including getting details that were published
*only* in the print edition of my local paper, etc.

So, yes, she obsessed over me and the police got involved and they asked her
to stop posting for X number of months. As far as I know she has not come
back (though if she has she is no longer acting as she did). If you care I
can send you the full multi-page PDF with the details. Frankly the incident
took place in 2004, though, and should be long dead. Steve obsesses over it
because of his feelings for this woman (he has bragged about his "road
trips" to her house and how she moved to be just 5-6 minutes from his house
from him... and how his wife does not like it when people talk about her).
Whatever relationship Steve has with this woman is between he and that woman
- and his wife. I have nothing to do with it and want nothing to do with
it.

And that, I think, is enough said on the long-dead topic from 2004. Long
past time for Carroll to move on.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 7:51:14 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 4:39 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Goblin stated in post MmlXp.69114$J65.45...@newsfe14.ams2 on 7/25/11 2:37

> PM:
>
> > On 25/07/11 22:19, Steve Carroll wrote:
> >> And I appreciate that... but...  when you come into a*public*  forum
> >> and make a claim such as the one you have made... where people largely
> >> disagree with it, you should expect to be called on the carpet over
> >> it.
>
> > That goes without saying.  Although like I say implications on how my
> > opinion was formed are what I objected to.
>
> Just so you know: I have looked at Carroll's "evidence" against me... some
> problems with it:
>
> 1) It is from 2004.  Really, if I am as evil as he says can he not find
> anything a wee bit more recent?

You're still laboring under the delusion that your BS has an
expiration date? You sexually harassed a female poster and you tried
to play it off... it didn't work and now you're stuck having to
address your actions in 2011. By the way, I point things out all the
time... as you, and others, are well aware (I do it again below with
lies you tell in this thread).

> 2) His "evidence" is

...this time is you... offering up a half hearted apology for having
done something you're loath to admit to (having sexually harassed a
female poster).

> 3) The woman Steve points to is someone who obsessed over me.

Define "obsessed over" where the definition doesn't also apply to you
any time you'd like.

> In 2004.  Not
> really interested in dragging her name through the mud

You say this, yet, you keep making references to her. Bottom line: You
want people to respond... so I oblige you. Then, in your mind, you can
cry victim again... but that doesn't really work because people are on
to your game; they're just not as stupid as you need them to be.

> ... though others have
> copies of my heavily documented and linked file which shows her obsessive
> behavior, including begging me to talk to here about types of sex,

Begging you? LOL! You publicly talked about incest, necrophilia and
other weird BS. No one had to beg you for any of it. You're obviously
still angry at her because she came closer to figuring you out than
anyone else. It bothered you when she pointed to facts:

<links removed but link to the post where they can be retrieved is
below>

"Before your daughter was born, you wrote 25,400 posts here. 447 of
these posts had either (sex OR incest) in them. In the nine months
after your daughter was born, you wrote 7940 posts. 2060 of those
posts had either (sex OR incest) in them. That's over 25% of your
posts, Mike. What the hell is wrong with you?" - Elizabot

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/232929ce1d450342

> complaining when I did not consult her in my family planning options,

You really expect people to believe this stuff? Seriously, does Goblin
really appear *this* stupid to you?

> her bragging about tracking me down to my place of work

You seem to have conveniently forgeten that you told csma you worked
where you claim she tracked you down to.

> and finding my
> neighbor's names (and saying she had contacted them and was having them
> watch me),

I think Goblin just might appreciate that one... do unto others, you
know.

> her accusing me of calling her (Steve also made up stories of my
> contacting his wife - never happened),

I stated from the outset that I couldn't prove it was you. Of course,
that didn't stop you from omitting that portion when you subsequently
cried 'victim' over and over and over in your bogus retellings of the
story.

> her posting info in CSMA about the
> birth of my oldest child - including getting details that were published
> *only* in the print edition of my local paper, etc.

Hmmm... maybe she got the details from reading one of your wife's
posts to other online forums. Maybe when you told your wife to stop
posting to those forums she didn't *really* obey you. Just a
thought...

> So, yes, she obsessed over me and the police got involved

They didn't 'get involved', you involved them... and you did so after
telling everyone 'what goes on in csma stays in csma' or some such.
Hypocritically, that didn't apply to the cowardly weasel that is you.

> and they asked her
> to stop posting for X number of months.  As far as I know she has not come
> back

It's amazing that you continue to lie about things which are so easily
proven as lies. Not an isolated incident, in a thread where another
poster commented on your sexual harassment of her you are seen
acknowledging she came "back" as you reply to a post that contains
text written by her:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8408c6c64656ab6f

Here's the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/a0d276fa726f08d3/7b643febbed016ef#7b643febbed016ef

I keep telling you, Snit... people just aren't as stupid as you need
them to be.

> (though if she has she is no longer acting as she did).  If you care I
> can send you the full multi-page PDF with the details.  Frankly the incident
> took place in 2004, though, and should be long dead.  Steve obsesses over it
> because of his feelings for this woman

Yet another Snit lie... yawn. I have no feelings for her... never met
her.

> (he has bragged about his "road
> trips" to her house and how she moved to be just 5-6 minutes from his house
> from him...

Gee... and even more lies ooze from the keyboard of the "decent chap"
calling himself "Snit".

So much for your other lie that no one points to your lies.

> and how his wife does not like it when people talk about her).
> Whatever relationship Steve has with this woman is between he and that woman
> - and his wife.  I have nothing to do with it and want nothing to do with
> it.
>
> And that, I think, is enough said on the long-dead topic from 2004.  Long
> past time for Carroll to move on.

Don't worry, Snit, you have Goblin fooled for the time being (but Roy
is obviously on to you). Goblin is what you claim yourself to be...
too trusting.

High Plains Thumper

Jul 25, 2011, 7:56:14 PM7/25/11
Snit wrote:
> Goblin stated:
>> Steve Carroll wrote:
>>
>>> And I appreciate that... but... when you come into a *public* forum

>>> and make a claim such as the one you have made... where people largely
>>> disagree with it, you should expect to be called on the carpet over
>>> it.
>>
>> That goes without saying. Although like I say implications on how my
>> opinion was formed are what I objected to.
>
> Just so you know: I have looked at Carroll's "evidence" against me...
> some problems with it:
>
> 1) It is from 2004. Really, if I am as evil as he says can he not find
> anything a wee bit more recent?

Yes, March 2011:

Snit: "Sure: I noted a problem with Ubuntu"

Lusotec: "You noted a problem with *some* applications. Why do you insist
that this is a problem with Ubuntu? Also, noted the double standards in
your responses to the above copy & paste problem in applications running
on MacOS X or in MacOS X itself."

Snit: "and you took it personally, even though I made it clear it was not
a 'show stopper'."

Lusotec: "You have started threads on this subject many times, and many
times it has been explained to you how X copy & paste should work and how
bugs in a application are not bugs in the system, but still you return to
this subject and post the same false statements."

Snit: "You then tried to make it appear that OS X is as bad,"

Lusotec: "Apparently, MacOS X is worse. One of those bug is in the copy &
paste system of MacOS X, and not in a application."

Snit: "but most of your examples completely failed -"

Lusotec: "Just like your examples of bugs in application that you try to
pass as bugs or inconsistencies in the Ubuntu's copy & paste system."

Snit: "either they are with rare software (and thus completely different
than the examples I gave) or have been resolved (if they were even
general bugs to start off with - some like were, but we do not know)."

Lusotec: "So you decided to ignore the bug in the actual copy & paste
system of MacOS X!" 09 Mar 2011, Subject: Re: OS X copy/paste bugs and
issues

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/37032133fbe9db92

> 2) His "evidence" is a sign of my giving the absolute most benefit of
> the doubt. I was proved wrong

Snit's only evidence is to keep posting his same repetitive crap over and
over:

Snit: "You cannot support any of those accusations, HPT. You lied. You
lied because you were humiliated about your inability to follow simple
copy and paste steps you saw in a video. You are not just a loser, you
are a loser who cannot help but push your failures into a public forum
over and over. You are pathetic... as your above self-nuke demonstrates."

HPT:

[quote]
The above repetitive mangled quote rant is number 13 for Snit:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2a19c80c24564247

Same repetitive crap as these other 12:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8c2265c1027b4e1c
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dad0a994f00d10ae
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f3e31b0c929d5068

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c8c9cecece4c63ef
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/94d10d3737b0073c
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7897eaa10c35cd55

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8b442c6440facc03
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3342c8b4c875035a
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d787093ededa3c93

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/94d10d3737b0073c
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12687e071396f0e8
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/fccfe270217a8dd7

Strategy of a luser, IMO.
[/quote]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/be602bfce6422b7f

> 3) The woman Steve points to is someone who obsessed over me. In 2004.
> Not really interested in dragging her name through the mud... though
> others have copies of my heavily documented and linked file which shows
> her obsessive behavior, including begging me to talk to here about types
> of sex, complaining when I did not consult her in my family planning
> options, her bragging about tracking me down to my place of work and
> finding my neighbor's names (and saying she had contacted them and was
> having them watch me), her accusing me of calling her (Steve also made
> up stories of my contacting his wife - never happened), her posting info
> in CSMA about the birth of my oldest child - including getting details
> that were published *only* in the print edition of my local paper, etc.
>
> So, yes, she obsessed over me and the police got involved and they asked
> her to stop posting for X number of months. As far as I know she has
> not come back (though if she has she is no longer acting as she did).
> If you care I can send you the full multi-page PDF with the details.
> Frankly the incident took place in 2004, though, and should be long
> dead. Steve obsesses over it because of his feelings for this woman (he
> has bragged about his "road trips" to her house and how she moved to be
> just 5-6 minutes from his house from him... and how his wife does not
> like it when people talk about her). Whatever relationship Steve has
> with this woman is between he and that woman - and his wife. I have
> nothing to do with it and want nothing to do with it.

Oh, really, Snit? Here's how the record reads regarding the woman you
claim as obsessed over you:

Snit: "In the course of the discussion you felt the "need" to start
telling me about your private life."

Elizabot v2.0.2: "Liar. I mentioned receiving strange phone calls from
your home area and how I'm considering contacting the police."

Snit: "Are these calls not a part of your private life? I suppose
not, at least not any more, now that you have made them public.
Again, let me be very clear: I do not want to know about your private
life even if you make it public. I do not care who calls you. I do
not care who you call. I do not care what you do for entertainment -
what movies you go to, who you 'hang out' with, what you do for a
living... I do not care. I do not want to know. I do not want you to
discuss any of this with me."

Elizabot v2.0.2: "If I find that the phone number that I'm getting
these phone calls is from someone who knows you or can be associated
with you somehow, you'll hear from your local police."

Snit: "And if I get a hemorrhoid shaped like your face my proctologist
will contact you (not that I care what you even look like or what
gender you really are)."

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:32:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Steve Carroll v. Justice Black

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/e9f816395e34b755

That certainly is a disturbing discussion, Snit. The obsession is rather
plain and it is not from the woman. Care to explain?

> And that, I think, is enough said on the long-dead topic from 2004.
> Long past time for Carroll to move on.

Apparently Snit keeps necromanticly bringing up the same subject, unable
to leave the past alone.

--
HPT

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 8:05:57 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 4:29 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> William Poaster stated in post pa61g8-9i7....@mylinuxnetwork.beta.net on

Correction, evidence was shown that you are not a decent chap. What's
more, your response to it indicates how much smarter you believe you
are than everyone else... or Goblin, at the least (it was written to
him).

> That is just silly.

What's "silly" is you believing you can fool people forever; what you
fail to grasp is that the quotes list is solid proof that you're
wrong.

Personally, I think kf'ing people is a form of weakness... but in your
case it's an understandable one.

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 8:22:18 PM7/25/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post j0kvqt$m3j$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
4:56 PM:

> Snit's only evidence is to keep posting his same repetitive crap over and
> over:

You owe everyone in COLA a new irony meter. None can take such abuse!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jul 25, 2011, 9:04:58 PM7/25/11
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper stated:

>> Snit's only evidence is to keep posting his same repetitive crap over
>> and over:
>
> You owe everyone in COLA a new irony meter. None can take such abuse!

Irony such as Snit mangling my quotes and posting the same in:

1. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 9.10
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:22:33 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8c2265c1027b4e1c

2. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:50:44 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dad0a994f00d10ae

3. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:58:40 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/f3e31b0c929d5068

4. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:05:10 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c8c9cecece4c63ef

5. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: HPT Proves, again, he is a loser
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:17:42 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/94d10d3737b0073c

6. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Pathological Lies Quoter Latest Addition
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 07:02:08 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7897eaa10c35cd55

7. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: OT: Tim Adams "very likely" licks doorknobs
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 07:02:17 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8b442c6440facc03

8. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: "Snit" goes postal once more (was Linux
"advocates" ...)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 07:13:10 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3342c8b4c875035a

9. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: HPT whines his lies have been called out too many
times.
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 19:01:52 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d787093ededa3c93

10. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:17:42 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/94d10d3737b0073c

11. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: HPT is a liar. Period.
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:01:27 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/12687e071396f0e8

12. Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: OT: HPT's lies quoted again
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:45:22 -0700

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/fccfe270217a8dd7

Yup, Snit is an abusive ad hominem troll.

--
HPT

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 9:31:58 PM7/25/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post j0l3rq$nl2$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
6:04 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:
>>
>>> Snit's only evidence is to keep posting his same repetitive crap over
>>> and over:
>>
>> You owe everyone in COLA a new irony meter. None can take such abuse!
>
> Irony such as Snit mangling my quotes and posting the same in:
>
> 1. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: Re: Ubuntu 9.10
> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:22:33 -0700
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8c2265c1027b4e1c

You never did support your claims:

--------
You keep posting *accusations*.

How about going for *support*? Here are just some of the accusations you
make or quote from above:

Also, Snit has falsified data in his videos.

Looks like you resized the dialogue box
[Note: you have been told I did no such thing, but
at least you merely say it "looks" that way to you.
OK, you made a mistake. Why not admit to it?]

You moved and dragged the task bar, aligned
vertical with the side of the screen.

I just told you a personal observation that YOU
ALTERED THAT SLIDE!

Snit again altered that data!

Altered video wizardry? There is nothing wrong with
Ubuntu copy and paste.
[Again, at least you have a question mark - turned out
you were just to incompetent to repeat simple steps.]

No, rather it is another example of Snit moving the
goal posts, creating problems that do not exist except
for an invention of his own mind.

Look at all those unsupported BS accusations from you, HPT. Just
despicable. And you have not a shred of evidence for any of them because
none of them are correct. Not one.
--------

And you are still obsessing over how I called you on your lies. Oh well.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Gary Stewart

Jul 25, 2011, 10:29:13 PM7/25/11

Looks like you've attracted a stalker.
Better you than me because he gives me the creeps.
Seems a wee bit unstable to me.
But that's just me and my opinion.

BTW planting posts, especially in other groups, and then "finding
them" at a later date is another one of the methods in his bag of
tricks that he uses to "discredit" people.

These days I ignore him because he seems unstable and dangerous.
As I have said before, I would suggest you do the same.

--
7/25/2011 10:24:49 PM
[...]

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 11:07:59 PM7/25/11
Gary Stewart stated in post 11ljh9nwpx8f6.6tld3zo87ylr$.d...@40tude.net on
7/25/11 7:29 PM:

He follows me around making accusations like the ones I quote, above:
falsification of data, resizing of dialog boxes, moving items, alterations,
video "wizardry", etc. All just insane accusations he cannot support - so
he does not even try.

> Better you than me because he gives me the creeps.
> Seems a wee bit unstable to me.
> But that's just me and my opinion.
>
> BTW planting posts, especially in other groups, and then "finding
> them" at a later date is another one of the methods in his bag of
> tricks that he uses to "discredit" people.

And he also uses Carroll's list of obsessively collected and forged quotes.
Quotes going back to 2004. Yes... that is not a typo: 2004.

Insanity. Complete and utter insanity.

> These days I ignore him because he seems unstable and dangerous.
> As I have said before, I would suggest you do the same.

I do not back down from bullies well... but I will take that under
advisement.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 25, 2011, 11:27:31 PM7/25/11
On Jul 25, 9:07 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Gary Stewart stated in post 11ljh9nwpx8f6.6tld3zo87ylr$....@40tude.net on

> 7/25/11 7:29 PM:
>

> > On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:31:58 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
> >> High Plains Thumper stated in post j0l3rq$nl...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11

> >> 6:04 PM:

My list? That's rich considering the people on it are all referencing
*you*. I didn't even contribute much to that list... I suspect you
know who did but it's more fun for the masochist that is you to shoot
at someone who keeps rubbing your nose in your piss so you can pose as
the "victim" again. By the way, what proof can you offer that
anything on that list is "forged"? Your usual delusional horsecrap
that is totally devoid of any reality and based on nothing but your
word?

> Quotes going back to 2004.  Yes... that is not a typo: 2004.
>
> Insanity.  Complete and utter insanity.
>
> > These days I ignore him because he seems unstable and dangerous.
> > As I have said before, I would suggest you do the same.
>
> I do not back down from bullies well... but I will take that under
> advisement.

Translation: After having tried to bully Ebot and other posters in
csma and cola, Snit is whining about having his crap thrown back at
him from people who don't tolerate his bullying.

cc

Jul 25, 2011, 11:30:07 PM7/25/11

It can be your list about him.

> I didn't even contribute much to that list... I suspect you
> know who did but it's more fun for the masochist that is you to shoot
> at someone who keeps rubbing your nose in your piss so you can pose as
> the "victim" again. By the way, what proof can you offer that
> anything on that list is "forged"? Your usual delusional horsecrap
> that is totally devoid of any reality and based on nothing but your
> word?

What names have you posted with?

>> Quotes going back to 2004. Yes... that is not a typo: 2004.
>>
>> Insanity. Complete and utter insanity.
>>
>>> These days I ignore him because he seems unstable and dangerous.
>>> As I have said before, I would suggest you do the same.
>>
>> I do not back down from bullies well... but I will take that under
>> advisement.
>
> Translation: After having tried to bully Ebot and other posters in
> csma and cola, Snit is whining about having his crap thrown back at
> him from people who don't tolerate his bullying.

What crap? You keep saying he lied but about what? And who is Ebot? I
have not even seen Snit mention his name.

Snit

Jul 25, 2011, 11:38:40 PM7/25/11
cc stated in post 4e2e...@news.x-privat.org on 7/25/11 8:30 PM:

>>> And he also uses Carroll's list of obsessively collected and forged
>>> quotes.
>>
>> My list? That's rich considering the people on it are all referencing
>> *you*.
>
> It can be your list about him.

Sandman and Carroll have been making this list since 2004. And, yes, the
fact Steve is working on twisting words the way he is shows he knows he has
been busted.

>> I didn't even contribute much to that list... I suspect you
>> know who did but it's more fun for the masochist that is you to shoot
>> at someone who keeps rubbing your nose in your piss so you can pose as
>> the "victim" again. By the way, what proof can you offer that
>> anything on that list is "forged"? Your usual delusional horsecrap
>> that is totally devoid of any reality and based on nothing but your
>> word?
>
> What names have you posted with?

Steve has posted with many names. He will not list them though. I have a
partial list of his known "aliases", as he calls them, if you care.

>>> Quotes going back to 2004. Yes... that is not a typo: 2004.
>>>
>>> Insanity. Complete and utter insanity.

>>> I do not back down from bullies well... but I will take that under
>>> advisement.
>>
>> Translation: After having tried to bully Ebot and other posters in
>> csma and cola, Snit is whining about having his crap thrown back at
>> him from people who don't tolerate his bullying.
>
> What crap? You keep saying he lied but about what? And who is Ebot? I
> have not even seen Snit mention his name.

Ebot is someone Carroll either is or was dating - or at least he claimed he
was. She was obsessive and insane and glommed onto me. If you want proof
just email me and I will send you a fully sourced and linked list of proof
of her actions - including tracking me down to where I work, tracking down
the names of my neighbors and claiming she had contacted them to have them
watch me, claiming her own posts were from my wife, complaining about how I
did not include her in my family planning choices - on and on and on.

That is what this is really about for Steve: some insane woman he was
sleeping with (or not, depends on the day what his story is... who cares)
glommed onto me and was obsessive. I never met her or had any interest in
her. Steve become outraged and jealous. Insanely so - and he has not been
able to let that go since 2004.

2004. Let that sink in. Steve claims to be *married* now, to another woman
(though he also brags about how his ex moved to be 5-6 minutes away from
him), and he is still obsessing over some woman he was infatuated with who
stalked me in 2004.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

cc

Jul 25, 2011, 11:56:27 PM7/25/11

This is all over some chick he was boning in 2004? Fuck'm and let him
simmer on his own.

Snit

Jul 26, 2011, 12:04:09 AM7/26/11
cc stated in post 4e2e3af3$1...@news.x-privat.org on 7/25/11 8:56 PM:

I will grant him he has a way of pulling me into his insane accusations and
debates - even when I do not read his posts directly. I keep acting as if I
merely ask him one... more... time to stop lying about me or at least try to
back up his BS accusations or to list the "aliases" he will now admit to
that *this time* he will do it.

But he will not. He is a hate-filled liar and he will *never* back his BS.
Never try. How could he: he knows as well as anyone what a sick little
lying coward he is.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 26, 2011, 12:04:42 AM7/26/11
On Jul 25, 9:56 pm, "cc" <scatn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Snit wrote:
> > cc stated in post 4e2e3...@news.x-privat.org on 7/25/11 8:30 PM:

You asked what Snit has lied about.... you can start by reading the
crap you just responding to. A better question would be: What *hasn't*
Snit lied about?

Steve Carroll

Jul 26, 2011, 12:13:47 AM7/26/11
On Jul 25, 10:04 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> cc stated in post 4e2e3af...@news.x-privat.org on 7/25/11 8:56 PM:
>

> > Snit wrote:
> >> cc stated in post 4e2e3...@news.x-privat.org on 7/25/11 8:30 PM:

Said the guy who just spewed a bunch of lies about me and a female
poster.

For the record I don't *really* believe that cc believes you here...
I think he's trying to use me to play you like a bass fiddle because
he knows you deserve it and in that respect he will get his wish.
Unfortunately, he's almost as dumb as you are... but he's one up on
you ;)

> Never try.  How could he: he knows as well as anyone what a sick little
> lying coward he is.

Said the guy who has me kf'd. C'mon, Snit... man up and face the music
for once. What are you afraid of? Everyone already believes you what
you just called me here so what do you have to lose? Why not face your
accuser? You used to have more a little more fortitude than this.

High Plains Thumper

Jul 26, 2011, 12:21:13 AM7/26/11
Gary Stewart wrote:
> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:

>>> Irony such as Snit mangling my quotes and posting the same in:
>>>
>>> 1. Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
>>> Subject: Re: Ubuntu 9.10
>>> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:22:33 -0700
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8c2265c1027b4e1c
>>
>> You never did support your claims:

Liar. Here's the original conversation:

[quote]
Snit wrote:
> "George Barca" wrote:
>> Don Zeigler wrote:

>>> A bunch of gobbeltygook. Show me something that proves
>>> these inconsistencies are significant enough to cost a
>>> company real money.
>>
>> Especially these days where programs are pretty much consist
>> ant and the little oddities are easy to work around. I would
>> agree with him maybe 15 years ago if a person was trying to
>> move from say the DOS version of Autocad to the Windows
>> version. That would take some serious time. Even from
>> Wordperfect 5.1 DOS to a Windows version of Wordperfect
>> would be difficult at first. Those days are pretty much
>> history now and it's difficult to find a modern application
>> that is so far different that it could be considered a UI
>> nightmare from the competition.
>
> Here are some of the inconsistencies (and other oddities) I
> have documented in a relatively recent versions of desktop
> Linux:
>
> From PCLOS:
>
> Poorly done menus
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS-menu.pdf>

Very nit picky, making a mountain out of a mole hill. "Exit"
versus "Quit"? You're kidding.

> Poorly done dialogs:
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.pdf>

Dialogs cut off? There is a slider bar at the bottom, and one
can resize the dialogue box. Looks like you resized the dialogue
box to suit your anti-Linux agenda.

> Poorly done and Inconsistent dialogs:
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS2.pdf>

You moved and dragged the task bar, aligned vertical with the

side of the screen. That is freedom and for you it is a problem?
Buttons cut off by default? I did what you did by shinking the
window. FireFox shows ">>", which shows the remainder of that
favourites toolbar menu, not as you show.

> Mouse pointers that do not do as they say:
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.mov>

In this case, file window dialogue box did not stretch, but all
text items are visible, fully functional. Windows XP does the
same. This is okay for Microsoft software but not okay for
Linux? Who are you kidding?

> Even Ubuntu has its share of quirks - though it is clearly
> done much better:
>
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/ubuntu-menu.pdf>

What is unusal about individual expression of how menus are set
up in applications? I see the same thing with Windows software.
Adobe's menu items differ from Corel's, differ from Ulead.

> And the more recent one showing copy and paste oddities and
> weird text behavior on selection:
>
> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/copy-paste.mov>
>
> It is not like such examples are hard to find - or are not
> obvious.

Oh, really? I just copied in FireFox, pasted in gedit, it works
fine. This is with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and FireFox 3.0.5. Here it
is again, same text you highlighted:

[paste]
Prescott Computer Guy is a family run business located in
Prescott, Arizona. My wife, Anne, does most of the "behind the
scenes" work and I, Michael, get to do the fun part: working with
the public and playing with fun toys. Don't tell her, but I think
I get the better end of the deal!
[/paste]

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:15:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Windows 7 .... incomplete and inconsistent.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/4489dbf4844832e5

<SNIP Snit troll drivel>

Snit Michael Glasser, you snipped and did not respond to why you stalked
Elizabot:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/6eb3c37ab0322f2a

> Looks like you've attracted a stalker. Better you than me because he gives
> me the creeps. Seems a wee bit unstable to me.
> But that's just me and my opinion.

Liar. You've yet to answer why you have continued to stalk me, Chris
Ahlstrom, Roy Schestowitz and other advocates, Gary Stewart flatfish.

> BTW planting posts, especially in other groups, and then "finding them"
> at a later date is another one of the methods in his bag of tricks that
> he uses to "discredit" people.

Liar. So this is why you impersonated me posting:

George: "I'm looking at moving my current mastering facility from
Protools/Sequoia to a total Harrison based Linux system. Any advice is
appreciated. ~~hpt" 2 Apr 2011, Subject: Migrating From Protools To
Linux. Advice Needed.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.pro/msg/de8933330e6e3410

Threatened to contact my employer as Rick:

Rick <wonto...@hotmail.org>: "Do you deny working at [redacted]? I doubt
you will so I will tell you to get fucking lost right now you libelous
pile of shit. If you don't, your employer will be contacted and informed
of you activities on company time." 20 Apr 2011, Subject: Re: TROLL ALERT
- STALKER Migrating From Protools To Linux

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.pro/msg/d5f04269c8420849

and did your little Christmas dance:

Anna Banger: "With Wendy at the whorehouse and [Homer] smoking grass, HPT
had just settled down for a nice piece of ass. When out on the lawn George
heard such a clatter, he got off his sister to see what was the matter.
And what to his stoned-out eyes should appear, but a shitty old sleigh and
eight fucking reindeer. (Obviously a Linux model sifted from the garbage
bin) With a dirty old man who was beating his dick, George knew in a
moment, it must be St. Nick. (George Hostler is an ex'spurt in the area of
dicks) [...] He swore and cursed as he rode out of sight Linux sucks
dick,,, and piss on you freetards this cold xmas nite." 24 Dec 2010,
Subject "The Night Before Freetard Xmas...."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/c248af66c880d888

> These days I ignore him because he seems unstable and dangerous. As I
> have said before, I would suggest you do the same.

So Gary Stewart flatfish, those who expose your stalking make
them unstable and dangerous, LOL. You certainly have a way of continuing
to create discovery.

--
HPT

Snit

Jul 26, 2011, 12:38:29 AM7/26/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7g$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
9:21 PM:

>> Here are some of the inconsistencies (and other oddities) I
>> have documented in a relatively recent versions of desktop
>> Linux:
>>
>> From PCLOS:
>>
>> Poorly done menus
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS-menu.pdf>
>
> Very nit picky, making a mountain out of a mole hill. "Exit"
> versus "Quit"? You're kidding.

Nope. If a system cannot even get something this basic right, why would any
user expect it to get the "hard" things right? Makes no sense. And for
some users this even confuses them:

Peter Köhlmann:
-----
The apps with "Quit" do *not* exit, they continue to run
in the background
-----

J G Miller:
-----
But they do not mean the same thing. As far as I am aware
the accepted usage is that EXIT means commit all changes and
cleanly end the program. QUIT could mean abandon the changes
made under a sub-dialog (but usually this is termed CANCEL)
or could mean exit the program abruptly without doing
anything or saving any changes.
-----

>> Poorly done dialogs:
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.pdf>
>
> Dialogs cut off? There is a slider bar at the bottom, and one
> can resize the dialogue box. Looks like you resized the dialogue
> box to suit your anti-Linux agenda.

I did no such thing. This was the default - as it came up.

>> Poorly done and Inconsistent dialogs:
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS2.pdf>
>
> You moved and dragged the task bar, aligned vertical with the
> side of the screen. That is freedom and for you it is a problem?
> Buttons cut off by default? I did what you did by shinking the
> window. FireFox shows ">>", which shows the remainder of that
> favourites toolbar menu, not as you show.

I did not shrink the window. That is the size it came up.

>> Mouse pointers that do not do as they say:
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/PCLOS.mov>
>
> In this case, file window dialogue box did not stretch, but all
> text items are visible, fully functional. Windows XP does the
> same. This is okay for Microsoft software but not okay for
> Linux? Who are you kidding?

When did I say it was OK for any software to do this?

>> Even Ubuntu has its share of quirks - though it is clearly
>> done much better:
>>
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/ubuntu-menu.pdf>
>
> What is unusal about individual expression of how menus are set
> up in applications? I see the same thing with Windows software.
> Adobe's menu items differ from Corel's, differ from Ulead.

Individual expression of menus? Not even sure what you are referring to.

>> And the more recent one showing copy and paste oddities and
>> weird text behavior on selection:
>>
>> <http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/copy-paste.mov>
>>
>> It is not like such examples are hard to find - or are not
>> obvious.
>
> Oh, really?

Yes. Really. Absolutely. And others have been able to replicate this.

We have been over this many, many times. This is a known bug in Ubuntu.

> I just copied in FireFox, pasted in gedit, it works
> fine. This is with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and FireFox 3.0.5. Here it
> is again, same text you highlighted:
>
> [paste]
> Prescott Computer Guy is a family run business located in
> Prescott, Arizona. My wife, Anne, does most of the "behind the
> scenes" work and I, Michael, get to do the fun part: working with
> the public and playing with fun toys. Don't tell her, but I think
> I get the better end of the deal!
> [/paste]
>
> Altered video wizardry? There is nothing wrong with Ubuntu copy
> and paste.

You mean other than what I prove in my video, right?

>>> I suppose you could say Gimp vs Photoshop however people
>>> using either of those programs are most likely professionals
>>> and will take the time to learn the differences if they need
>>> to move between the two.
>
>> It is not a question of learning the difference... no doubt
>> people can use, for example, any of the different Save dialogs
>> I show in my above links. Still leads to lost work,
>> frustration, and lost time.
>
> No, rather it is another example of Snit moving the goal posts,
> creating problems that do not exist except for an invention of
> his own mind.

You made that up.

>> Looks like you've attracted a stalker. Better you than me because he gives
>> me the creeps. Seems a wee bit unstable to me.
>> But that's just me and my opinion.
>
> Liar. You've yet to answer why you have continued to stalk me, Chris
> Ahlstrom, Roy Schestowitz and other advocates, Gary Stewart flatfish.

You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes. Repeatedly you
use them in your trolling.

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

cc

Jul 26, 2011, 12:57:41 AM7/26/11

cc

Jul 26, 2011, 12:58:15 AM7/26/11

cc

Jul 26, 2011, 1:04:51 AM7/26/11

Stop letting him yank you around by your cock.

RonB

Jul 26, 2011, 1:09:13 AM7/26/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:04:51 -0700, cc wrote:

> Stop letting him yank you around by your cock.

You want "Mr. Obsessive" to walk away from a thread? Right, that'll
happen.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581
CentOS 5.6 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0
or Linux Mint 10

cc

Jul 26, 2011, 1:11:26 AM7/26/11
RonB wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:04:51 -0700, cc wrote:
>
>> Stop letting him yank you around by your cock.
>
> You want "Mr. Obsessive" to walk away from a thread? Right, that'll
> happen.

He does let Steve yank him around by his cock. Steve knows all he has to do
to get attention is repeat the same lies about Snit he has been repeating
apparently since 2004. He does not even need to be creative.

Can you just stop responding to Steve's crap where he tries to get everyone
against you. By replying you give the appearance he has something of value
to say.

Gary Stewart

Jul 26, 2011, 1:16:46 AM7/26/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:38:29 -0700, Snit wrote:

> High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7g$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
> 9:21 PM:

>> Liar. You've yet to answer why you have continued to stalk me, Chris

>> Ahlstrom, Roy Schestowitz and other advocates, Gary Stewart flatfish.
>
> You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes. Repeatedly you
> use them in your trolling.

If it wasn't so troublesome it would comical.

A guy who has been collecting certain people's quotes, posts,
posting history and so forth going back years, accuses others of
stalking.

Sounds like he is indeed the stalker around here.

Like I said, best to ignore him because he appears to be quite
unstable IMHO and people with that much hate, pent up anger,
jealousy, low self esteem and an unhealthy obsession with people who
disagree with him sometimes tend to snap and go postal when provoked
the wrong way.

Just my opinion.

--
7/26/2011 1:08:04 AM

Snit

Jul 26, 2011, 1:23:38 AM7/26/11
Gary Stewart stated in post 1rtoz0k5ngp7r$.wupeuozy...@40tude.net on
7/25/11 10:16 PM:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:38:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7g$1...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
>> 9:21 PM:
>
>>> Liar. You've yet to answer why you have continued to stalk me, Chris
>>> Ahlstrom, Roy Schestowitz and other advocates, Gary Stewart flatfish.
>>
>> You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes. Repeatedly you
>> use them in your trolling.
>
> If it wasn't so troublesome it would comical.
>
> A guy who has been collecting certain people's quotes, posts,
> posting history and so forth going back years, accuses others of
> stalking.
>
> Sounds like he is indeed the stalker around here.
>
> Like I said, best to ignore him because he appears to be quite
> unstable IMHO and people with that much hate, pent up anger,
> jealousy, low self esteem and an unhealthy obsession with people who
> disagree with him sometimes tend to snap and go postal when provoked
> the wrong way.
>
> Just my opinion.

Both he and Carroll get too much of my attention.

Enough for a while - let them self-destruct on their own.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Steve Carroll

Jul 26, 2011, 1:37:57 AM7/26/11
On Jul 25, 11:16 pm, Gary Stewart <stewart.gar...@oohay.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:38:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
> > High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11

> > 9:21 PM:
> >> Liar. You've yet to answer why you have continued to stalk me, Chris
> >> Ahlstrom, Roy Schestowitz and other advocates, Gary Stewart flatfish.
>
> > You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes.  Repeatedly you
> > use them in your trolling.
>
> If it wasn't so troublesome it would comical.

It is comical... and, for the record, it isn't *my* list. Snit has no
one to blame but himself for how he gets treated, that's a fact.

> A guy who has been collecting certain people's quotes, posts,
> posting history and so forth going back years, accuses others of
> stalking.

You've just partially described Snit, he's done all that and much
more.

> Sounds like he is indeed the stalker around here.

Doubtful... he's probably just giving Snit back a little of what he's
handed out... same thing I'm doing with him. As a long time newsgroup
troll yourself it's a bit disingenuous of you to cry foul when Snit
has done the exact same things (and more) that you're hammering this
HPT guy for. By all rights, were he honest and honorable, Snit should
be hammering you for you stance on homosexuals but he doesn't. Guess
why.

Gary Stewart

Jul 26, 2011, 1:43:40 AM7/26/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:37:57 -0700 (PDT), Steve Carroll wrote:

> On Jul 25, 11:16 pm, Gary Stewart <stewart.gar...@oohay.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:38:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>> High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11
>>> 9:21 PM:
>>
>>> You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes.  Repeatedly you
>>> use them in your trolling.
>>
>> If it wasn't so troublesome it would comical.
>
> It is comical... and, for the record, it isn't *my* list. Snit has no
> one to blame but himself for how he gets treated, that's a fact.

Couldn't say one way or the other.
I keep out of your wars.

I'm talking about that other idiot BTW.

>> A guy who has been collecting certain people's quotes, posts,
>> posting history and so forth going back years, accuses others of
>> stalking.
>
> You've just partially described Snit, he's done all that and much
> more.

See above.

>> Sounds like he is indeed the stalker around here.
>
> Doubtful... he's probably just giving Snit back a little of what he's
> handed out... same thing I'm doing with him. As a long time newsgroup
> troll yourself it's a bit disingenuous of you to cry foul when Snit
> has done the exact same things (and more) that you're hammering this
> HPT guy for. By all rights, were he honest and honorable, Snit should
> be hammering you for you stance on homosexuals but he doesn't. Guess
> why.

Actually he did call me to task on that very issue.
I responded as well.

So when was the last time you've seen Linux advocates in COLA do the
same with someone on their side of the debate?

It's rarer than the DoDo bird :)

--
7/26/2011 1:41:40 AM

Steve Carroll

Jul 26, 2011, 1:43:56 AM7/26/11
On Jul 25, 11:23 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> Gary Stewart stated in post 1rtoz0k5ngp7r$.wupeuozyhqrz....@40tude.net on

> 7/25/11 10:16 PM:
>

> > On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:38:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
> >> High Plains Thumper stated in post j0lfbt$e7...@dont-email.me on 7/25/11

> >> 9:21 PM:

> >> You clearly stalk me and use Carroll's list of BS quotes.  Repeatedly you
> >> use them in your trolling.
>
> > If it wasn't so troublesome it would comical.
>
> > A guy who has been collecting certain people's quotes, posts,
> > posting history and so forth going back years, accuses others of
> > stalking.
>
> > Sounds like he is indeed the stalker around here.
>
> > Like I said, best to ignore him because he appears to be quite
> > unstable IMHO and people with that much hate, pent up anger,
> > jealousy, low self esteem and an unhealthy obsession with people who
> > disagree with him sometimes tend to snap and go postal when provoked
> > the wrong way.
>
> > Just my opinion.
>
> Both he and Carroll get too much of my attention.
>
> Enough for a while

I can point to numerous times you have said things like "Enough for a
while" only to be seen stoking the fire in short order. People just
aren't as stupid as you need them to be, Snit... they just aren't.
There are good reasons why scores of posters have labeled you a liar,
troll or worse.

Steve Carroll

Jul 26, 2011, 2:37:39 AM7/26/11

You are free to believe as you wish on the subject but I can
unequivocally state that my position on homosexuality is nowhere as
offensive as yours has been. I can point to Snit thanking me for a
clarification I made to him on the subject of homosexuality and the
point I was making... where he finished with:

"While many things are "fair game" in our asinine fights, making such
allegations against you, when you have now claimed otherwise in a
seemingly
sincere way, would simply be wrong and disingenuous. I have no desire
to do that."

Google shows that Snit has *repeatedly* been "disingenuous" with me
over this very topic since this post... with no change in the subject
material by me (go ahead and ask Snit to point to the change). I can
guarantee you that Snit did not take you to "task" to the extent he
trolled me over this topic. Snit is a disingenuous POS for doing
things like this... he's not a "decent chap" by anyone's yardstick
once they actually look at the crap he's pulled.

> So when was the last time you've seen Linux advocates in COLA do the
> same with someone on their side of the debate?

I haven't really looked.

> It's rarer than the DoDo bird :)

It might be...

Gary Stewart

Jul 26, 2011, 2:51:31 AM7/26/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:37:39 -0700 (PDT), Steve Carroll wrote:

> You are free to believe as you wish on the subject but I can
> unequivocally state that my position on homosexuality is nowhere as
> offensive as yours has been.

Offensive to whom?
Homosexuals?
I'm sure it is. That's their problem not mine.
BTW I have no problem with the people, it's their choice of
lifestyle that disturbs me.

I can assure you it's not offensive to others who find the practice
deviant and disgusting. And we are the majority, even in this PC
climate we live in, and by far.

However I said I would back off on it, in reply to snit, so I will.
Let's leave it at that.
Agree to disagree.

> I can point to Snit thanking me for a
> clarification I made to him on the subject of homosexuality and the
> point I was making... where he finished with:

I dunno.
Like I said, both of you have been cordial with me so I have no axe
to grind either way. To be honest I don't even follow the wars.
It makes my head hurt :)

--
7/26/2011 2:45:25 AM

cc

Jul 26, 2011, 3:53:47 AM7/26/11

Your goal is to goad him into giving you attention. Any attention. Then
you claim is is he begging for your attention. This is an example of you
lying.

William Poaster

Jul 26, 2011, 6:05:20 AM7/26/11
Steve Carroll wrote:

<snip>

[You'll note that Snit replied to me, even though he's been binned for
years. A typical troll trait.]

As you said, there is plenty of evidence to show that he is *not* a
"decent chap". And you'll note that Michael Snit Glasser constantly
ignores the proof when it is given.

> Personally, I think kf'ing people is a form of weakness... but in your
> case it's an understandable one.

IMO kf'ing isn't a form of weakness. Really, would *you* invite someone
who twists your words, abuses & threatens someone with blackmail into
your house?
Besides which, I'm just not interested in reading his drivel & the eternal
griping & whining known as "Snit's Circus". It saves on bandwidth too. :-)

--
E Pluribus UNIX.
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software
industry may be the degree to which it has lowered user expectations."
Esther Schindler, OS/2 Magazine

Peter Köhlmann

Jul 26, 2011, 7:21:32 AM7/26/11
William Poaster wrote:

> Steve Carroll wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
> [You'll note that Snit replied to me, even though he's been binned for
> years. A typical troll trait.]
>
> As you said, there is plenty of evidence to show that he is *not* a
> "decent chap". And you'll note that Michael Snit Glasser constantly
> ignores the proof when it is given.

And then comes a "Goblin" along, claiming to "work like a journalist" and
being "interested only in the truth".

And can't be arsed to do his damned homework. Just a few minutes of googling
would have reveiled that Snit Michael Glasser is anything but a "decent
chap", but instead one of the worst assholes, liars and outright twits ever
to post on usenet.

Fine "example" of a "journalist" we have been provided with.
Totally useless "journalism" at its best.

Taking a moment in time, ignoring all the years before, and declaring Snot
Glasser as "decent" is, at best, "Murdock journalism". It is bullshit to the
extreme

Goblin

Jul 26, 2011, 7:39:01 AM7/26/11
On 26/07/11 12:21, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> And then comes a "Goblin" along, claiming to "work like a journalist" and
> being "interested only in the truth".

Right. Lets end this here. Two claims which Ive made very clear. I
dont recall refer or claim to be journalist. I say "writer" (please
correct me there if you've found otherwise as I don't provide a
journalism, Im a writer.)

In terms of the "truth" I make it very clear where I get my basis for
opinion. Cast your mind back to the allegations presented to me about 7
where I said exactly the same. Infact lets go one step further.

When I first started to collaborate with Roy, if I listened to all the
negative opinions I never would have made a audiocast with him. Then,
just as now I took Roy on how I found him and how he was with me. As I
say I have no time to look back or research squables between people. If
these had a Linux or a tech basis then I may be interested, but for me,
my writing is not about proving or disproving a "he said she said" which
had nothing to do with tech.

If I have personal experience fine, if its about me then I exercise my
right to justify. I am sure everyone here is quite capable of fighting
their own battles and as I said earlier, its not like I am a judge and
jury, why is it so important for me to condemn or prove innocent
anyone.... My opinion is not that important.

If you are going to give me the moniker of Journalist, then journalism
for me is not getting to the bottom of arguments and allegations which
are nothing to do with the tech Im interested in.

As much as I love COLA, Im not sure what some people here think it is.
The definitive word does not end in COLA and Ive struggled over the
years of interviewing and speaking with some big names in FOSS and Linux
to find anyone who reads it. I come here for some interesting reads by
some very clued up individuals. Its not the focal point for FOSS or Linux.

I think I've repeated myself enough and the one thing Ive made clear is
that I treat everyone the same when it comes to petty squables that
includes 7, Roy and now Michael. To do otherwise would be hypocritical.
I suggest in future you merely ignore me if you find my way of dealing
with people offensive, I come here (as I say) to read some very clued up
individuals opinions and views on Tech....killfiling me will make no
difference to that and of course the inappropriate behaviour I do see I
will continue to challenge time permitting.

Regards,

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."
Catch me in #techrights on freenode.net

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

ddt

Jul 26, 2011, 8:01:55 AM7/26/11
Knoblin wrote:

> and of course the inappropriate behaviour I do see I
> will continue to challenge time permitting.

Why have you not once challenged the mental, liar, and fraud Joseph Michael?

Goblin

Jul 26, 2011, 8:07:30 AM7/26/11

I assume you can read. Ive no interest in petty squables about non
related matters.

Whilst I have not spoken in person to 7 and at the risk of being accused
again, from what I have seen of 7, I would class him as a "decent chap"
too. Although I would add to that it sometimes confuses me as to why he
intentionally misspells words. I put that down to a gag that Im not
getting.

chrisv

Jul 26, 2011, 8:55:26 AM7/26/11
Goblin wrote:

>Just like if someone came to me and said "RonB has done XYZ" unless I
>have personal experience of you I'm not going to give it much thought.

You can't tell me you haven't seen the Sn^Hhit lies. The shitty
attacks on the advocates.

chrisv

Jul 26, 2011, 8:56:25 AM7/26/11
>Steve Carroll wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think kf'ing people is a form of weakness... but in your
>> case it's an understandable one.

Says a dumb-fscking troll feeder.

Peter Köhlmann

Jul 26, 2011, 9:02:02 AM7/26/11
chrisv wrote:

Haven't you seen it? He is only "interested in the truth".

Along his own guidelines Hitler would be a "decent chap", too. After all,
when not starting a war or killing millions of people, he was real nice to
some children (or his dog).

So it is no strange thing that he can declare a cretin like Snit Michael
Glasser a "decent chap".

He isn't interested in the truth. So he got killfiled, as soon as I saw that
he can't be arsed to actually take a look at Snot Glassers shite

Goblin

Jul 26, 2011, 9:11:30 AM7/26/11

Yes I have seen the exchanges and one person recently posted a whole
host of quotes proving something... I did read it and did give it
chance....unfortunately I could not make head nor tail of what was going
on, for people there is probably meant something, but as I said before I
really don't have the time for these things.

I have also seen Snit receive insults and had attacks. I am not saying
one person is right and the other is wrong. What Im saying is these
allegations are nothing to do with the subjects I love. I am also
saying I treat as I find people treat me and to do otherwise (especially
when I received many allegations about Roy) would be hypocritical.

As I say my opinion is not important, I am not declaring anyone right or
wrong, they can fight those battles for themselves.

And as I say, if I see something which I have personal experience of
I'll be the first to challenge it. I don't though have the time to read
everything. I dont have the time to challenge everything.

Having said that, where was this ethos when Flatfish was making lies
that I admitted to having a Microsoft nym on my show? Not that I wanted
any help, but where was the research by COLA there? Why didn't that
particular thread get flooded with people who listened and then
challenged Flatfish? - See? this is my point, petty squables are quite
able to be fought by the people involved. Why drag others in and
distract from the topics that I assume everyone loves to talk about
Linux/FOSS?

Kind regards,

Goblin

Jul 26, 2011, 9:12:47 AM7/26/11
On 26/07/11 14:02, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> Along his own guidelines Hitler would be a "decent chap", too. After all,
> when not starting a war or killing millions of people, he was real nice to
> some children (or his dog).

Thats low and completely disproportionate. We are talking about the
views of a few tech users who have come to blows on a newsgroup.

Thats a disgusting comparison. Shame on you.

Julio Merkov

Jul 26, 2011, 9:17:09 AM7/26/11

useless asshole "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

more fine advocacy from the stupid piece of shit turd.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

chrisv

Jul 26, 2011, 9:42:14 AM7/26/11
Goblin wrote:

> I did read it and did give it chance.

I'm not talking about HPT's compilations. In talking about the
shitty, dishonest attacks that *constantly* spew-forth from the
Sn^Hhit troll.

Did you see this one?

<CA503FE0.9FF6B%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>

Have you noticed that he's (again) attacking us as "hypocrites" over
our support of the GPL (it's not as "free" as some others, you know)
and the fact that we oppose some forms of "IP" yet condemn
nym-forging?

It is loading more messages.