What's happening to CSMA?

ZnU

Dec 27, 2004, 4:02:56 PM12/27/04
I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.

I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.

(Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)

--
"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against
these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat."

--George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

Bob B.

Dec 27, 2004, 4:18:27 PM12/27/04
ZnU wrote:
> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>
> (Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)

I feel your pain. This has always been pretty much a free-for-all group,
but since Snit showed up, its become almost impossible to have a decent
discussion about anything.

The solution is to NOT REPLY TO SNIT. But for some reason, some people
just can't stop feeding him.

Bob B.

Steve Mackay

Dec 27, 2004, 4:46:29 PM12/27/04
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:02:56 -0500, ZnU wrote:

> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>
> (Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)

Welcome to the Snit circus, where the popcorn and cotton candy are stale,
and the smell of elephant dung is everywhere.

George Graves

Dec 27, 2004, 5:01:12 PM12/27/04
In article <znu-9D6AE7.1...@individual.net>,
ZnU <z...@acedsl.com> wrote:

> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>
> (Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)

Yes, this is absolutely true. Snit is like Dutch elm blight. Once it
gets in the tree, it relentlessly works on the tree 'til it kills it.
Thanks Snit.

--
George Graves
------------------

Bob S

Dec 27, 2004, 5:16:04 PM12/27/04
In article
<gmgravesnos-8A7E...@newssvr14-ext.news.prodigy.com>,
George Graves <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Yes, this is absolutely true. Snit is like Dutch elm blight. Once it
> gets in the tree, it relentlessly works on the tree 'til it kills it.
> Thanks Snit.

This has happened before with Pratt Boy, Wilbur and others. Just check
in from time to time until things settle down.

--
Cheers,

Bob S

StormDrain

Dec 27, 2004, 5:04:35 PM12/27/04
In article <33bch3F...@individual.net>,
"Bob B." <bob...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I don't mind Snit's on-topic posts but all the performers in the
circus are as much to blame. One thread I killed yesterday (12/26) is
up to 57 posts already, "Re: Short names on OS X".

Does anyone knows how to kill _every_ thread after 8 posts in MT
Newswatcher? This seem to be about the on-topic limit and would be a
good filter for any advocacy group.

--
SD
"...merely a preponderance of evidence."

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 5:32:38 PM12/27/04

> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the

> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.

Yes, this is what I have been saying all along. I have been asking him to leave
for quite some time now. He has truly destroyed this group.

You can see a related post I made about this phenomenon here:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0a2a7117af02392f>

Killfiling the Snit Circus removed over 70% of the posts!

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 5:33:18 PM12/27/04
In article <Bob_S-53C90D....@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com>,
Bob S <Bo...@NoSpam.Com> wrote:

Michael has been here for a year. He seems to have no intentions to "settle
down". He is become worse by the day.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 5:34:25 PM12/27/04
wrote:

> ZnU wrote:

Yeah, poor suckers... Uh, oops. :)

Anyway, I have been asking him to leave lately, and have been telling him what
virtually everyone in this group thinks of him - as is displayed in this very
thread.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 5:40:08 PM12/27/04
In article <Liberty-FA8A1F...@cnews.newsguy.com>,
StormDrain <Lib...@MS-Free.com> wrote:

Yes, that's easy. The way to see this is counting the number of entries in the
"[^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+? [^\s]+?"

Would match nine entries and above. Play around with it and see if it helps. If
you need an explanation:

[] - character ranges, such as [a-c,0-2] would match a,b,c,0,1,2.

^ - Inside a character range; excluded

\s - Whitespace

+ - Any number of characters, but at least one.

? - Non-greedy, make the regexp match smaller parts if possible
(other wise the regexp "a*b" would match "aolbbbbbbbbb" but the
regexp "a*?b" would only match "aolb")

--
Sandman[.net]

John Slade

Dec 27, 2004, 5:55:30 PM12/27/04

"ZnU" <z...@acedsl.com> wrote in message

> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.

Snit seems to spend more time saying what's wrong with Windows than
what's right about Macs. He's so desperate, he keeps posting stories that
turn out to be human error, rather than OS or PC problems.

John

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 5:58:39 PM12/27/04
In article <Cp0Ad.3130$5R....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Slade" <hitm...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Michael doesn't spend 1% of his time here talking about computers or anything
remotely related to advocating anything. He is merely here to destroy this
group and he is succeeding at an alarming rate.

There will always be people like him, whose only intention is to troll a group
to destruction. Some do it for sports, I don't know Michaels intentions.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:11:21 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-6904E4.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:58 PM:

> In article <Cp0Ad.3130$5R....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
> "John Slade" <hitm...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> "ZnU" <z...@acedsl.com> wrote in message
>>> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
>>> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
>>> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
>>> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
>>> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
>>> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
>>> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
>>> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
>>> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>>
>> Snit seems to spend more time saying what's wrong with Windows than
>> what's right about Macs. He's so desperate, he keeps posting stories that
>> turn out to be human error, rather than OS or PC problems.
>
> Michael doesn't spend 1% of his time here talking about computers or anything
> remotely related to advocating anything. He is merely here to destroy this
> group and he is succeeding at an alarming rate.

Says the person who has been trolling me with some not-so-funny humor.

> There will always be people like him, whose only intention is to troll a group
> to destruction. Some do it for sports, I don't know Michaels intentions.

I am not trolling... but the fact that I piss you off sure is an incentive
to keep posting!

--
Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:19:22 PM12/27/04
"John Slade" <hitm...@pacbell.net> wrote in post
Cp0Ad.3130$5R....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com on 12/27/04 3:55 PM:

Hmmm, some recent comments / claims / replies of mine:

- how the Mac does not suffer from a boot weakness than many PC's have
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how the Mac has an excellent multimedia suite... nothing like it for
Windows
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how the Mac is almost entirely malware free... unlike Windows
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how the Mac is priced very competitively... with strong support
from multiple comparisons... in fact, all comparisons I know of
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how the Mac handles creating uses well... with screen shots
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how Apple's Christmas sales are not yet known
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how I solved a problem for a client who was using a Windows box
- the reaction was trolling from others

- how XP does not prevent PC's from booting when their is a disk in the
drive
- the reaction was trolling from others

I post a lot about computers... but I do have the weakness to keep
responding to people who are clearly trolling.

--
"If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
- Anatole France

C Lund

Dec 27, 2004, 6:21:46 PM12/27/04

> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.

It's really very simple: Don't reply to posts in the "Snit circus".
And that not only goes for the posts made by Snit, but also all
replies in the Snit circus. Blame Snit for starting it if you want,
but he couldn't do it without the help of others. If nobody replied to
the circus posts, the circus threads would die before they ever
started. Do not tell him to leave. Do not tell him he's a #$%&. Just
ignore any post he or any other member of the Circus makes that looks
like it might be an attempt at igniting another round of the
aforementioned Circus.

BTW: I give this thread a 95% likelihood of becoming another episode
of the Snit Circus, and when that happens, I will turn my back and
walk away from it - figuratively speaking.

--
C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:22:39 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-3AB093.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:40 PM:

>>> The solution is to NOT REPLY TO SNIT. But for some reason, some people
>>> just can't stop feeding him.
>>>
>>> Bob B.
>>
>> Yes, I don't mind Snit's on-topic posts but all the performers in the
>> circus are as much to blame.

What about the thread where you and I have been going back and forth
discussing your poor sense of humor... jokes that even you admit are not
funny. Do you include yourself in those that are to blame?

>> One thread I killed yesterday (12/26) is
>> up to 57 posts already, "Re: Short names on OS X".

Yeah, had I just not responded to Tim's trolling that thread would have died
long ago. The fact is, however, that he still does not accept that this
error message pops up when you try to create two users with the same short
name:

http://myweb.cableone.net/snit/csma/short_name.jpg

But it is clear he will *never* admit to it... so I am doing no good by
responding to him.

--
Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/bid1
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:23:32 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-C2340F.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:34 PM:

You say the problem is others responding to me, but you keep responding to
me.

By your own criteria, you are a part of the problem.

Now doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

--
I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:24:09 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-C3272C.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:33 PM:

Yeah, I seem to be pissing of the trolls more and more. I am very proud.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:25:32 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-620224.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:32 PM:

> In article <znu-9D6AE7.1...@individual.net>, ZnU <z...@acedsl.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
>> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
>> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
>> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
>> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
>> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
>> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
>> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
>> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>>
>> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>
> Yes, this is what I have been saying all along. I have been asking him to
> leave for quite some time now. He has truly destroyed this group.

Such power you attribute to me!

> You can see a related post I made about this phenomenon here:
>
> <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/0a2a7117af02392
> f>
>
> Killfiling the Snit Circus removed over 70% of the posts!

Yeah, you kill filed me and others... and then placed all the posts under
me... you must think I am a god or something.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:26:28 PM12/27/04
"George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote in post
gmgravesnos-8A7E...@newssvr14-ext.news.prodigy.com on 12/27/04
3:01 PM:

> In article <znu-9D6AE7.1...@individual.net>,
> ZnU <z...@acedsl.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
>> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
>> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
>> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
>> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
>> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
>> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
>> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
>> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>>
>> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>>
>> (Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)
>
> Yes, this is absolutely true. Snit is like Dutch elm blight. Once it
> gets in the tree, it relentlessly works on the tree 'til it kills it.

Elms are not trolls.

> Thanks Snit.

You are welcome.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:27:05 PM12/27/04
"Steve Mackay" <steve_...@hotmail.com> wrote in post
pan.2004.12.27....@hotmail.com on 12/27/04 2:46 PM:

Well, the trolls respond to my posts... such as you... with "elephant
dung"... please stop and the smell would get better.

Sandman

Dec 27, 2004, 6:34:06 PM12/27/04
In article <BDF5E7FC.18DB9%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> >> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy the
> >> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.
> >> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable filters
> >> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> >> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit and
> >> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in
> >> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts, but
> >> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> >> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
> >>
> >> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
> >
> > Yes, this is what I have been saying all along. I have been asking him to
> > leave for quite some time now. He has truly destroyed this group.
>
> Such power you attribute to me!

Yes, you have this power. Please leave.

--
Sandman[.net]

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:43:53 PM12/27/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-3B37F9.00...@individual.net on 12/27/04 4:34 PM:

Now *that* is funny!

> Please leave.

At least you started your joke with "please". Still not funny.

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/bh6q

Steve Mackay

Dec 27, 2004, 6:47:48 PM12/27/04

As long as you and your sockpuppets are here. CSMA will smell like
elephant dung. Because you and you alone are the root cause of the smell.
I'm sure you'll try and respond that you reply to "trolls" and such. But
the biggest all time troll in CSMA is you mikey.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:45:56 PM12/27/04
"C Lund" <cl...@notam02SPAMBLOCK.no> wrote in post
clund-7A8DB4....@amstwist00.chello.com on 12/27/04 4:21 PM:

I do have the weakness to keep replying to trolling posts... recently with
Tim and Sandman, for example.

Both are trolling me... and I keep responding. Of course they will never
admit they are trolling... still, it amuses me to see how much they will lie
and whine to try to keep some dignity. Look at Tim lie about not getting
this error message:

http://myweb.cableone.net/snit/csma/short_name.jpg

Great comedy... or tragedy. :)

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 6:51:36 PM12/27/04
"Steve Mackay" <steve_...@hotmail.com> wrote in post
pan.2004.12.27....@hotmail.com on 12/27/04 4:47 PM:

> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:27:05 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> "Steve Mackay" <steve_...@hotmail.com> wrote in post
>> pan.2004.12.27....@hotmail.com on 12/27/04 2:46 PM:

>>> Welcome to the Snit circus, where the popcorn and cotton candy are stale,
>>> and the smell of elephant dung is everywhere.
>>
>> Well, the trolls respond to my posts... such as you... with "elephant
>> dung"... please stop and the smell would get better.
>
> As long as you and your sockpuppets are here. CSMA will smell like
> elephant dung.

But to you, in your warped little view of the world, so many people are my
sock puppets that even if I were to never post again, you would be blaming
people for being me for years to come.

> Because you and you alone are the root cause of the smell.

That is the smell of trolls, such as you and TIm, burning. Ahhh... I love
the smell of burning troll in the winter!

> I'm sure you'll try and respond that you reply to "trolls" and such. But
> the biggest all time troll in CSMA is you mikey.

I would love to see your objective criteria for determining this.

We both know you are using a subjective decision making thought process...
assuming you are using any thought process at all.

StormDrain

Dec 27, 2004, 7:30:49 PM12/27/04
In article <mr-3AB093.23...@individual.net>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

Well thanks! Didn't know MT could use regexp. I'll play around with it.

George Graves

Dec 27, 2004, 9:29:12 PM12/27/04
In article <Bob_S-53C90D....@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com>,
Bob S <Bo...@NoSpam.Com> wrote:

I don't think things will settle down until the infection (Snit) is gone
for good.

Snit

Dec 27, 2004, 11:07:49 PM12/27/04
"George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote in post
gmgravesnos-0017...@newssvr21-ext.news.prodigy.com on 12/27/04
7:29 PM:

> In article <Bob_S-53C90D....@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com>,
> Bob S <Bo...@NoSpam.Com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <gmgravesnos-8A7E...@newssvr14-ext.news.prodigy.com>,
>> George Graves <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, this is absolutely true. Snit is like Dutch elm blight. Once it
>>> gets in the tree, it relentlessly works on the tree 'til it kills it.
>>> Thanks Snit.
>>
>> This has happened before with Pratt Boy, Wilbur and others. Just check
>> in from time to time until things settle down.
>
> I don't think things will settle down until the infection (Snit) is gone
> for good.

Look at George: blaming me for the ills of CSMA... when it is clear it is
not all me.

Look at the recent example of the silliness about creating, via the OS X
System Preferences, two users with the same short name. Tim and Steve
Mackay are trolling like crazy on that one... yet George will never admit to
it.

Why is that George? Why not be honest?

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

Steve Mackay

Dec 28, 2004, 2:20:44 AM12/28/04

Go sniff some more glue.

>> Because you and you alone are the root cause of the smell.
>
> That is the smell of trolls, such as you and TIm, burning. Ahhh... I love
> the smell of burning troll in the winter!

Yeah, EVERYONE in CSMA is a troll, except you, right mikey?

>> I'm sure you'll try and respond that you reply to "trolls" and such. But
>> the biggest all time troll in CSMA is you mikey.
>
> I would love to see your objective criteria for determining this.

That's nice.

> We both know you are using a subjective decision making thought process...
> assuming you are using any thought process at all.

That's nice, now fuck off and go away.

Sandman

Dec 28, 2004, 2:52:28 AM12/28/04
In article <BDF62A25.18F62%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "George Graves" <gmgra...@pacbell.net> wrote in post
> gmgravesnos-0017...@newssvr21-ext.news.prodigy.com on 12/27/04
> 7:29 PM:
>
> > In article <Bob_S-53C90D....@newsclstr01.news.prodigy.com>,
> > Bob S <Bo...@NoSpam.Com> wrote:
> >
> >> In article
> >> <gmgravesnos-8A7E...@newssvr14-ext.news.prodigy.com>,

> >> This has happened before with Pratt Boy, Wilbur and others. Just check
> >> in from time to time until things settle down.
> >
> > I don't think things will settle down until the infection (Snit) is gone
> > for good.
>
> Look at George: blaming me for the ills of CSMA... when it is clear it is
> not all me.
>
> Look at the recent example of the silliness about creating, via the OS X
> System Preferences, two users with the same short name. Tim and Steve
> Mackay are trolling like crazy on that one... yet George will never admit to
> it.

That's the Snit Circus, Michael. It would disappear if you left the group.
Completely. You have this power.

Leave this group. You are not wanted here. No one likes you. Everyone hates
you. You are the most killfiled person in this group -EVER-.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Dec 28, 2004, 2:59:27 AM12/28/04
In article <BDF5EE18.18DE5%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> > As long as you and your sockpuppets are here. CSMA will smell like
> > elephant dung.
>
> But to you, in your warped little view of the world, so many people are my
> sock puppets that even if I were to never post again, you would be blaming
> people for being me for years to come.

Ok, I can live with that. Lets try it out - Stop posting for years.

--
Sandman[.net]

Tim Adams

Dec 28, 2004, 8:02:31 AM12/28/04
In article <BDF5E74F.18DB5%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
Snit <SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> wrote:

> "Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
> mr-3AB093.23...@individual.net on 12/27/04 3:40 PM:

> >> Yes, I don't mind Snit's on-topic posts but all the performers in the
> >> circus are as much to blame.
>
> What about the thread where you and I have been going back and forth
> discussing your poor sense of humor... jokes that even you admit are not
> funny. Do you include yourself in those that are to blame?
>
> >> One thread I killed yesterday (12/26) is
> >> up to 57 posts already, "Re: Short names on OS X".
>
> Yeah, had I just not responded to Tim's trolling that thread would have died
> long ago. The fact is, however, that he still does not accept that this
> error message pops up when you try to create two users with the same short
> name:
>
> http://myweb.cableone.net/snit/csma/short_name.jpg

I don't get it because there's not a defective person sitting behind my
keyboard!

--
Tim

Tim Adams

Dec 28, 2004, 8:03:06 AM12/28/04
In article <BDF5ECC4.18DD7%SN...@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,

--
Tim

Snit

Dec 28, 2004, 10:40:56 AM12/28/04
"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in post
mr-F3AB52.08...@individual.net on 12/28/04 12:52 AM:

Your attempt at humor is not funny.

Snit

Dec 28, 2004, 10:40:17 AM12/28/04
"Tim Adams" <teadams$2$0$0$3...@earthlink.net> wrote in post
teadams$2$0$0$3-E721F8.08...@news1.east.earthlink.net on 12/28/04
6:03 AM:

You are lying.

Snit

Dec 28, 2004, 10:42:17 AM12/28/04
"Steve Mackay" <steve_...@hotmail.com> wrote in post
pan.2004.12.28....@hotmail.com on 12/28/04 12:20 AM:

> Yeah, EVERYONE in CSMA is a troll, except you, right mikey?

I would disagree with your claim.

So the question becomes: are you suggesting you believe this statement you
made, or were you pushing a dishonest straw man?

Who cares - either way, you are lying.

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/bh6q

Edwin

Dec 28, 2004, 11:51:19 AM12/28/04

ZnU wrote:
> I haven't been around much lately. I'm going to be a bit less busy
the
> next couple of weeks, so I figured maybe I'd spend some time in CSMA.

> Well, I show up today, create what I figure are some reasonable
filters
> to deal with some of the noise, and discover that they kill off over
> HALF of the traffic here. In particular, my filters to kill off Snit
and
> direct responses to his posts *alone* account for half the traffic in

> this group over the last several days. Sure, I can kill those posts,
but
> even so I still get residual effects; fewer on-topic posts, constant
> references to Snit-related drama elsewhere, etc.
>
> I might need to find myself a new newsgroup. Thanks, Snit.
>

> (Of course, this post will just make the problem worse....)

"I will admit that I occasionally defend an Apple position I don't
really
agree with. Advocacy is a game that I enjoy playing."
-- ZnU, March 17,2001

If Snit chases ZnU away, he will have performed one good service for
this NG. Two if he leaves as well.