Re: OT: The roots of empathy

1 view

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 5:50:41 AM8/10/08
Without love there can be no empathy.

GOD is love.

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

Quentin Grady wrote:
> Every so often one comes across something truly wonderful. So
> wonderful and successful in its application that you want to share it
> with others so the idea spreads.
>
> Some New Zealand schools have adopted from Canada a program bearing a
> title similar to "Roots of empathy." After reading the book
> Emotional Vampires one realises there are many personalities that
> behave in self-centred immature ways without thought for others. One
> could easily think that there was nothing that could be done to avoid
> this happening.
>
> Well it seems there is.
>
> The schools bring a baby into the classroom of year fives ie ten year
> olds. The photos I saw showed the baby lying on a rug on the floor
> surrounded by a class of preteens. The children are asked to
> describe what the baby is feeling. Of course the baby can't tell them
> because it is too young to talk. After a while some of the shy
> children who were at the back of the group gradually drift forward.
> After talking about what they think the baby is feeling for a while
> the children even the shy ones eventually start to talk about their
> own feelings. This is something that in the past hadn't happened.
>
> When the children graduate to year six, their final year at primary
> school here they take on responsibilities like offering support to new
> children. What has been noticed is that the children who've been
> through the program show much more understanding of other children's
> emotions ie they have developed a sense of empathy for others.
>
> Also where in the past children who been unkind to children with
> handicaps had gotten away with it except for being brought to task by
> teachers. Now they are immediately censured by their peers.
>
> That quite made my day. Some things are just so special.
>
> Thank you Canada for such a great program.
>
> There are now 60 classes that have adopted the program here.
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
> New Zealand, >#,#< [
> / \ /\
> "... and the blind dog was leading."
>
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 7:48:59 AM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Without love there can be no empathy.
>
> GOD is love.

Read your own bible

He is not love

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

Instead - he wants hate

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

It is clear that love is not what he is after
Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

There are so many contradictory passages in the bible as to render and
god it describes as a complete impossibility. And since neither YOU nor
any other theist over the centuries has ever provided any testable proof
(And being a doctor - YOU know what that is) - that a god exists - gods
are not just impossible - they are non-existent.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 8:43:59 AM8/10/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > Without love there can be no empathy.
> >
> > GOD is love.
> >

> Read your own bible
>
> He is not love

Lie.

"Whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love." (1
John 4:8)

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
rebuke you at each GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/31c3b88286afc5bd?

<><

2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

It's how we know what GOD desires, which is all that is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives.

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21 given in hopes of
promoting much greater understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

Be hungrier, which is healthier.

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 9:12:22 AM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>>
>>> Without love there can be no empathy.
>>>
>>> GOD is love.
>>>
>> Read your own bible
>>
>> He is not love
>
> Lie.

Yes Andrew - it is lies - it is from the bible which is all lies.
Obviously both cannot be true. So - the bible has to be wrong in some
places - and therefore it is not an inspired word of a perfect god!

There are BIBLE quotes
IF yo call them lies - then you call the bible lies.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 12:54:43 PM8/10/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?

> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> >> Read your own bible

Incorrect.

The Bible is GOD's written word and not mine.

> >> He is not love
> >
> > Lie.
>
> Yes Andrew - it is lies

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly expose yourself for more rebuking.

> - it is from the bible which is all lies.

Your words are not from the Bible.

> Obviously both cannot be true.

Indeed, there is no truth in you:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e17dea9c6a25e81c?

On the other hand, truth is in the Bible:

"Whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love." (1
John 4:8)

Thus, GOD is love.

Moreover, because you are not able to love, you will never know GOD.

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 1:24:25 PM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?
>
>>> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> Incorrect.
>
> The Bible is GOD's written word and not mine.

>>> Lie.
>> Yes Andrew - it is lies
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly expose yourself for more rebuking.
>
>> - it is from the bible which is all lies.
>
> Your words are not from the Bible.

Yes they are indeed from the bible - You can look up the passages.

I gave YOU the references

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

And therefore - based on what YOU said

THere are your gods words.

ANd there are dozens more quotes I can make from the christian bible
that directly contradict the quotes you pick.

Maybe like:

Your God Creates Evil

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
I the Lord do all these things.

—Isaiah 45:7
And is clearly not loving of enemies
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt
break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a
potter's vessel.
—Psalms 2:8-9

Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth... let them be as cut in
pieces. As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like
the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.... The
righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his
feet in the blood of the wicked.

—Psalms 58:6-10

And - was WRONG

Jesus says that some of his listeners will not taste death before he
comes again in his kingdom.

Matthew 16:28-I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not
taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1- And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are
standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God
come with power."

Luke 9:27- I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not
taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

This was supposedly said 2000 or so years ago by YOUR god ANDREW.
There are NO contemporaries of the the time of christ still living.

AND HE TOLD US THE BIBLE IS NOT TRUE

Jeremiah 8:8
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when
actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Yes ANDREW - You cannot claim these quotes are not from the bible when
they are directly from the bible - and since YOU say they are lies - you
are saying that the bible lies.

GOD

Aug 10, 2008, 1:30:24 PM8/10/08

He uses a different bible, Thom. The voices in his head translate it
for him.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 1:44:15 PM8/10/08
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:

> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> >> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?

> > Incorrect.
> >
> > The Bible is GOD's written word and not mine.

> >> Yes Andrew - it is lies
> >
> > Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> > you to unwittingly expose yourself for more rebuking.
> >
> >> - it is from the bible which is all lies.
> >
> > Your words are not from the Bible.
>
> Yes they are indeed from the bible

Lie.

"Whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love." (1
John 4:8)

Amen.

Again, it is clearly written that GOD is love.

Bottom line concerning your always lying:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e17dea9c6a25e81c?

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 1:47:38 PM8/10/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:
>> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?

>> > Incorrect.
>> >
>> > The Bible is GOD's written word and not mine.

>> > Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
>> > you to unwittingly expose yourself for more rebuking.

>> > Your words are not from the Bible.
>>
>> Yes they are indeed from the bible
>
> Lie.

No lie look it up.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 2:07:42 PM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:
>>> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?

>>> Incorrect.
>>>
>>> The Bible is GOD's written word and not mine.

>>> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
>>> you to unwittingly expose yourself for more rebuking.

>>> Your words are not from the Bible.
>> Yes they are indeed from the bible
>
> Lie.

No - Andrew - they are not lies - they are quotes of YOUR god from the
bible.

EVEN You cannot escape that fact.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 2:16:39 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:

> >> Yes they are indeed from the bible
> >
> > Lie.
>
> No lie look it up.

"Whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love." (1
John 4:8)

Amen.

Again, it is clearly written that GOD is love.

> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send

> peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
> father, and the daughter against her mother...
> -- Matthew 10:34-35

The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.

GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.

"I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
14:6)

Amen.

> If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
> and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
> cannot be my disciple.
> Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

This requirement allows us, who are Jesus' disciples, to inform others
that the love that we have for each other and our moms, dads, wives,
and children is from Jesus because we truly hate the sinful lives we
had before we became His disciples.

We are Jesus' disciples when we stop sinning, though we remain
sinners.

"With man this is impossible, but with GOD all things are possible."
-- LORD Jesus Christ (Matthew 19:26)

Amen.

Bottom line concerning your difficulties here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8681810a697259a0

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), continue to pray
for your perishing soul, dear Adonis:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6d7b100b5ddbc5ce?

J A

Aug 10, 2008, 3:21:44 PM8/10/08

"Andrew B. Chondom, MD/PhD" <love $2...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> Without love there can be no empathy.
>
> GOD is love.

Right.

Secret Gospel of Mark controversy
How Morton Smith's Discovery of a Lost Letter by Clement of Alexandria
Scandalized Biblical Scholarship

http://www.gnosis.org/library/secm_commentary.htm

A controversial discovery of ancient manuscript fragments in 1958,
suggesting a homosexual tryst involving Jesus, that was excluded from the
Gospels.

The first fragment of the Secret Gospel of Mark, meant to be inserted
between Mark 10.34 and 35, reads:

" They came to Bethany. There was one woman there whose brother had died.
She came and prostrated herself before Jesus and spoke to him.

"Son of David, pity me!" But the disciples rebuked her. Jesus was angry and
went with her into the garden where the tomb was. Immediately a great cry
was heard from the tomb. And going up to it, Jesus rolled the stone away
from the door of the tomb, and immediately went in where the young man was.
Stretching out his hand, he lifted him up, taking hold his hand.

And the youth, looking intently at him, loved him and started begging him to
let him remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house
of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus gave him an order
and, at evening, the young man came to him wearing nothing but a linen
cloth. And he stayed with him for the night, because Jesus taught him the
mystery of the Kingdom of God. And then when he left he went back to the
other side of the Jordan. " [end]

A second fragment of Secret Mark is to be inserted into Mark 10.46. This has
long been recognized as a narrative snag in Mark's Gospel, as it awkwardly
reads, "Then they come to Jericho. As he was leaving Jericho with his
disciples..." This strange construction is not present in Secret Mark, which
reads:

" Then he came into Jericho. And the sister of the young man whom Jesus
loved was there with his mother and Salome, but Jesus would not receive
them. "

There's controversy over whether these fragments were originally in the
"Mark" Jesus story, or not.

However, there's no similar controversy over whether these following tracts
were original to the Jesus stories:

Thomas 114: Simon Peter says to them: "Let Mary go out from our midst, for
women are not worthy of life!"
Jesus says: "See, I will draw her so as to make her male so that she also
may become a living spirit like you males.
For every woman who has become male will enter the Kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 19:12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there
are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who
have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who
is able to receive this, let him receive it.

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 2:33:40 PM8/10/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

Clearly it is written that god is hateful and war like.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 3:08:09 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c309b33d4c75613?

> Clearly it is written that god is hateful and war like.
>
> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
> peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
> father, and the daughter against her mother...
> -- Matthew 10:34-35

The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.

GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.

"I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
14:6)

Amen.

> If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
> and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
> cannot be my disciple.
> Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

This requirement allows us, who are Jesus' disciples, to inform others
that the love that we have for each other and our moms, dads, wives,
and children is from Jesus because we truly hate the sinful lives we
had before we became His disciples.

We become Jesus' disciples when we stop sinning, though we remain

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 3:45:19 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c309b33d4c75613?
>>
>> Clearly it is written that god is hateful and war like.
>>
>> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
>> peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
>> father, and the daughter against her mother...
>> -- Matthew 10:34-35
>
> The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.

The bible says god is hateful and war like.

> GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.
>
> "I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
> 14:6)
>
> Amen.
>
>> If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
>> and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
>> cannot be my disciple.
>> Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
>
> This requirement allows us, who are Jesus' disciples, to inform others
> that the love that we have for each other and our moms, dads, wives,
> and children is from Jesus because we truly hate the sinful lives we
> had before we became His disciples.

No, it clearly says you can not be a disciple with out hating your family.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 4:00:26 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> Clearly it is written that god is hateful and war like.
> >>
> >> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
> >> peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
> >> father, and the daughter against her mother...
> >> -- Matthew 10:34-35
> >
> > The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.
>
> The bible says god is hateful and war like.

Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
error (self).

> > GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.
> >
> > "I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
> > 14:6)
> >
> > Amen.
> >
> >> If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
> >> and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
> >> cannot be my disciple.
> >> Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
> >
> > This requirement allows us, who are Jesus' disciples, to inform others
> > that the love that we have for each other and our moms, dads, wives,
> > and children is from Jesus because we truly hate the sinful lives we
> > had before we became His disciples.
>
> No, it clearly says you can not be a disciple with out hating your family.

Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
error (self).

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 4:08:38 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>> > The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.
>>
>> The bible says god is hateful and war like.
>
> Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
> error (self).

Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

Jeremiah 13:14. And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and
the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy,
but destroy them.

>> > GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.
>> >
>> > "I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
>> > 14:6)
>> >
>> > Amen.

>> > This requirement allows us, who are Jesus' disciples, to inform others
>> > that the love that we have for each other and our moms, dads, wives,
>> > and children is from Jesus because we truly hate the sinful lives we
>> > had before we became His disciples.
>>
>> No, it clearly says you can not be a disciple with out hating your family.

Black and white dude.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 4:32:06 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> The bible says god is hateful and war like.
> >
> > Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
> > error (self).
>
> Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

Those would be the words of praise that Moses and the 12 tribes of
Israel chose to sing to LORD Almighty GOD after He destroyed their
enemies.

However, most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to
be kind, just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).

> Jeremiah 13:14. And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and
> the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy,
> but destroy them.

GOD, Who is love, is able to hate and He hates wicked people:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4128be9f9918d825?

Don Kirkman

Aug 10, 2008, 4:33:24 PM8/10/08
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article
<e7d332cf-7764-478d...@v57g2000hse.googlegroups.com>:

>GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.

>"I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
>14:6)

And except for your steel-trap closed mind you would know by now that
in this context "truth" is not "facticity" but "trustworthiness, being
responsible, a true [person]."
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 4:36:06 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>> > Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
>> > error (self).
>>
>> Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
>
> Those would be the words of praise that Moses and the 12 tribes of
> Israel chose to sing to LORD Almighty GOD after He destroyed their
> enemies.

If this god is not war like the words of a "song" would reflect it. As you can
see this "song" clearly shows god is a war lord.

> However, most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to
> be kind, just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).
>
>> Jeremiah 13:14. And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers
>> and
>> the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have
>> mercy,
>> but destroy them.
>
> GOD, Who is love, is able to hate and He hates wicked people:

More contradiction, if this god is a god of love. This god would show love of
it's creation in punishment, not vengeance.

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 4:38:25 PM8/10/08

"rustynail" <a...@aol.aol> wrote in message

> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message
>> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>>> Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
>>
>> Those would be the words of praise that Moses and the 12 tribes of
>> Israel chose to sing to LORD Almighty GOD after He destroyed their
>> enemies.
>>

> If this god is not war like the words of a "song" would reflect it. As you can
> see this "song" clearly shows god is a war lord.

Not only is this a war lord, but not very powerful, he could not defeat all
foes.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 4:58:12 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
> >
> > Those would be the words of praise that Moses and the 12 tribes of
> > Israel chose to sing to LORD Almighty GOD after He destroyed their
> > enemies.
>
> If this god is not war like the words of a "song" would reflect it. As you can
> see this "song" clearly shows god is a war lord.

Mother Theresa, when she was living, could have rescued a family of
ladybugs by using a water hose to wash away the fire ants attacking
them.

Just as this would not make Mother Theresa warlike, GOD wiping out
Israel's enemies would not make Him warlike.

> > However, most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to
> > be kind, just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).
> >
> >> Jeremiah 13:14. And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers
> >> and
> >> the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have
> >> mercy,
> >> but destroy them.
> >
> > GOD, Who is love, is able to hate and He hates wicked people:
>
> More contradiction, if this god is a god of love.

GOD remains the Source of love just as He is the Source of life.

GOD, Who is love, is able to hate just as GOD, Who is the life, is
able to kill.

However, most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to
be kind, just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).

> This god would show love of

> it's creation in punishment, not vengeance.

Not when His creation freely chooses to be evil.

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 5:14:47 PM8/10/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good
or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
works, but of him that calleth;)

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
that they should believe a lie:

You are wrong there is no free will. God is a liar.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 5:35:44 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b6c44d2c1ca1c16d?

> Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good
> or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
> works, but of him that calleth;)
>
> 2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
> that they should believe a lie:
>
> You are wrong there is no free will.

Love is proof of free will.

Those who are able to love, know they have free will.

> God is a liar.

Lie:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e17dea9c6a25e81c?

Bottom line concerning your difficulties:

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 5:43:34 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b6c44d2c1ca1c16d?
>>
>> Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any
>> good
>> or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
>> works, but of him that calleth;)
>>
>> 2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
>> that they should believe a lie:
>>
>> You are wrong there is no free will.
>
> Love is proof of free will.
>
> Those who are able to love, know they have free will.

Your god lies.

Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good
or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
works, but of him that calleth;)

>> God is a liar.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 7:18:46 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any
> >> good
> >> or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
> >> works, but of him that calleth;)
> >>
> >> 2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
> >> that they should believe a lie:
> >>
> >> You are wrong there is no free will.
> >
> > Love is proof of free will.
> >
> > Those who are able to love, know they have free will.
>
> Your god lies.

Lie, because we know who is the source of all lies:

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 7:25:11 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>> > Love is proof of free will.
>> >
>> > Those who are able to love, know they have free will.
>>
>> Your god lies.
>
> Lie, because we know who is the source of all lies:

Your god lies and has no problem with those who lies, your god is a hypocrite.

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 7:33:27 PM8/10/08

And it is just as clearly written that god is evil and hate as well - in
YOUR bible - which you claim is your god's written word. If you say they
are lies - you are saying your god lies or his bible lies.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

Your god SAYS he creates evil

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I
the Lord do all these things.
—Isaiah 45:7

Your god admits he is not Almighty

And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the
mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because
they had chariots of iron."
—Judges 1:19

Your god is clearly not loving of enemies

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt
break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a
potter's vessel.—Psalms 2:8-9
Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth... let them be as cut in
pieces. As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like
the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.... The
righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his
feet in the blood of the wicked. —Psalms 58:6-10

All of this is your gods written word in his bible.

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 7:39:53 PM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

And it is just as clear that your god wants hate as well.

Luke 14:26

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

Either you HATE or you cannot be his disciple. THese are the words of
you god in the bible.

If you call them a lie - you are calling your god a liar - or you are
admitting that the bible is not the inerrant world of your god.

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 7:44:48 PM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/6c309b33d4c75613?
>> Clearly it is written that god is hateful and war like.
>>
>> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
>> peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
>> father, and the daughter against her mother...
>> -- Matthew 10:34-35
>
> The truth does separate the truthful from the untruthful.
>
> GOD, Who is love, is also the truth.
>
> "I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
> 14:6)

And therefore - the truth is that he wants you to hate as well!

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

IF the bible is your gods word - then the truth is that he does not want
you to be only good. If you consider that a lie - you are saying that of
your god - not me.

Thom Madura

Aug 10, 2008, 7:49:29 PM8/10/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>>> Such is the misinterpretation of those misguided by the spirit of
>>> error (self).
>> Exodus 15:3. The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
>
> Those would be the words of praise that Moses and the 12 tribes of
> Israel chose to sing to LORD Almighty GOD after He destroyed their
> enemies.
>
> However, most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to
> be kind, just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).

As well as requiring hate:

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26 (King James Version)

And discord as well:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

For that is his word in the bible.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 7:52:42 PM8/10/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> Your god lies.
> >
> > Lie, because we know who is the source of all lies:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e17dea9c6a25e81c?
>
> Your god lies...

Lie.

> ... and has no problem with those who lies ...

Another lie.

> , your god is a hypocrite.

A third lie.

rustynail

Aug 10, 2008, 8:18:47 PM8/10/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>> > Lie, because we know who is the source of all lies:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e17dea9c6a25e81c?
>>
>> Your god lies...
>
> Lie.

Go ahead pray to your god. Ask god to heal all the sick and dying in the world.
God promises that all things are possible. It wont happen. Why? It's a lie.

>> ... and has no problem with those who lies ...
>
> Another lie.

God lies.

1 Kings 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go
forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he
said, Thou shalt persude him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

Jeremiah 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this
people and Jerusalem

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the
LORD have deceived that prophet

J A

Aug 10, 2008, 10:01:29 PM8/10/08

"Thom Madura" <Tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message

It's a nutty religion, as religions go.

My threory is that it contains so much illogic and falsity, that it can't
stand examination or criticism, so it has to be quickly intolerant to any
challenges.

Wes Groleau

Aug 10, 2008, 9:26:18 PM8/10/08
Thom Madura wrote:
> Read your own bible

Please stop being Chung's accomplice in abusing Usenet
by inappropriate cross-posting.

--
Wes Groleau

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,
is somehow ennobled and none dare criticize it.

Wes Groleau

Aug 10, 2008, 9:51:17 PM8/10/08
J A wrote:
> Secret Gospel of Mark controversy

Please stop being an accomplice to Chung's unwanted cross-posting campaign.

--
Wes Groleau

Even if you do learn to speak correct English,
whom are you going to speak it to?
-- Clarence Darrow

I M Portant

Aug 10, 2008, 10:23:22 PM8/10/08
Wes Groleau wrote:
> J A wrote:
>> Secret Gospel of Mark controversy
>
> Please stop being an accomplice to Chung's unwanted cross-posting campaign.

You do realize that your above comment just adds to it and may very well
lead to comments from JA and Chung and others and just more of what you
do not want.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 10, 2008, 10:56:01 PM8/10/08

All the time.

> Ask god to heal all the sick and dying in the world.

That would not do any good if folks keep sinning and lose their souls.

> God promises that all things are possible.

More than that, His promise is that anything we ask in Jesus' name
would be done for us.

> It wont happen.

It has in my experience.

> Why?

Reality.

> It's a lie.

No, He is the truth.

"I am the way and truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
14:6)

Amen.

> >> ... and has no problem with those who lies ...

> > Another lie.
>
> God lies.
>
> 1 Kings 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go
> forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he
> said, Thou shalt persude him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

The lying spirit is not GOD.

Instead, GOD allowed the lies of the lying spirit to cause harm.

> Jeremiah 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this
> people and Jerusalem

The deception was their own state of denial regarding their
disobedience.

This was not GOD's doing but rather the spirit of error (self).

GOD simply allowed it to happen.

> Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the
> LORD have deceived that prophet

Prophets are deceived by their own spirit of error (self).

GOD simply allows this to happen.

rustynail

Aug 11, 2008, 7:52:59 AM8/11/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

Lie. One the bible says nothing about losing souls. Two the bible makes some
pretty bold promises. The fact is these promises have never been kept so A) god
is a liar. B) There are no ture believers. C) It's all fake god is not real it's
just a made up childish invisible friend. I know a lot of belivers and they are
fervant, B is false. A is flase, god does not exist, it must exist before it can
lie. That leaves C, and C is correct.

mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall
they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up
serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

matthew 17:20 20. And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for
verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say
unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and
nothing shall be impossible unto you.

matthew 21:21-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If
ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig
tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou
cast into the sea; it shall be done.
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

>> God promises that all things are possible.
>
> More than that, His promise is that anything we ask in Jesus' name
> would be done for us.

See above. You lie.

>> It wont happen.
>
> It has in my experience.
>
>> Why?
>
> Reality.

You do not live in reality.

>> It's a lie.
>
> No, He is the truth.

see above.

Mike Mordant

Aug 11, 2008, 8:27:34 AM8/11/08
On Aug 10, 4:50 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com>

wrote:
> Without love there can be no empathy.
>
> GOD is love.
>
> <><
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?
>
> Quentin Grady wrote:
> > Every so often one comes across something truly wonderful.  So
> > wonderful and successful in its application that you want to share it
> > with others so the idea spreads.
>
> > Some New Zealand schools have adopted from Canada a program bearing a
> > title similar to "Roots of empathy."    After reading the book
> > Emotional Vampires one realises there are many personalities that
> > behave in self-centred immature ways without thought for others.  One
> > could easily think that there was nothing that could be done to avoid
> > this happening.
>
> > Well it seems there is.
>
> > The schools bring a baby into the classroom of year fives ie ten year
> > olds.  The photos I saw showed the baby lying on a rug on the floor
> > surrounded by a class of preteens.   The children are asked to
> > describe what the baby is feeling.  Of course the baby can't tell them
> > because it is too young to talk.  After a while some of the shy
> > children who were at the back of the group gradually drift forward.
> > After talking about what they think the baby is feeling for a while
> > the children even the shy ones eventually start to talk about their
> > own feelings.  This is something that in the past hadn't happened.
>
> > When the children graduate to year six, their final year at primary
> > school here they take on responsibilities like offering support to new
> > children.  What has been noticed is that the children who've been
> > through the program show much more understanding of other children's
> > emotions ie they have developed a sense of empathy for others.
>
> > Also where in the past children who been unkind to children with
> > handicaps had gotten away with it except for being brought to task by
> > teachers. Now they are immediately censured by their peers.
>
> > That quite made my day.  Some things are just so special.
>
> > Thank you Canada for such a great program.
>
> > There are now 60 classes that have adopted the program here.
>
> > Best wishes,
> > --
> > Quentin Grady       ^  ^  /
> > New Zealand,       >#,#< [
> >                     / \ /\
> > "... and the blind dog was leading."
>
> >http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin

Andrew- It has been pointed out to you that you lack empathy.
Wishing others dead is clear evidence of your delusional thinking and
lack of concern for others.

Lack of empathy is symptomatic of a narcissistic personality
disorder.

Get help.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 6:35:41 AM8/12/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/26a3ea04d1508ef8?

> > That would not do any good if folks keep sinning and lose their souls.
>
> Lie.

It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

> One the bible says nothing about losing souls.

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?" -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:36)

Bottom line concerning your difficulties here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8681810a697259a0

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

rustynail

Aug 12, 2008, 4:56:41 PM8/12/08

> convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/26a3ea04d1508ef8?
>> >
>> > That would not do any good if folks keep sinning and lose their souls.
>>
>> Lie.
>
> It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.
>
>> One the bible says nothing about losing souls.
>
> "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
> soul?" -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:36)

Mark8:36. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit
his life?

36. |5101| what |1063| For |5623| will it profit |0444| a person |1437| if
|2770| he gains |3588| the |2889| world |3650| whole, |2532| yet |2210| wreck
|3588| the |0559| soul |0848| of him.

Strong's Ref. # 559

Romanized Apelles
Pronounced ap-el-lace'

of Latin origin; Apelles, a Christian:

KJV--Apelles.

That is a mistranslation, don't you know about this thing called a concordance?
The word soul translates to a Christian.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 5:37:56 PM8/12/08
convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

> >> Lie.
> >
> > It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.
> >
> >> One the bible says nothing about losing souls.
> >
> > "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
> > soul?" -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:36)
>
> Mark8:36. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit
> his life?

"If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for Me and for the gospel will save it.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his

soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is
ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His Father's
glory with the holy angels." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:34-38)

Amen.

Bottom line concerning your difficulties:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8681810a697259a0

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f43db72a7c5c1da0?

I M Portant

Aug 12, 2008, 5:53:22 PM8/12/08
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

>>> "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
>>> soul?" -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:36)
>> Mark8:36. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit
>> his life?
>
> "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his
> cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
> but whoever loses his life for Me and for the gospel will save it.
> What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
> soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is
> ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
> the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His Father's
> glory with the holy angels." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:34-38)

So far Chung leads if length is what matters.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 6:00:31 PM8/12/08

MechaJesus

Aug 12, 2008, 6:02:17 PM8/12/08
On Aug 12, 5:53 pm, I M Portant <import...@important.com> wrote:
> So far Chung leads if length is what matters.

That's not what his wife said.

I M Portant

Aug 12, 2008, 6:11:45 PM8/12/08

Well for an ostrich, giving the Ostrich Response, with its head in the
sand and ass sticking up, length may be important if a gay time is to had.

This will need some more anal-ysis

MechaJesus

Aug 12, 2008, 6:22:56 PM8/12/08

A faulty analogy; think of Andy as an ostrich with its head up its
ass.

I don't how the sand figures into it yet.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 6:38:28 PM8/12/08

I M Portant

Aug 12, 2008, 6:56:11 PM8/12/08
MechaJesus wrote:
> On Aug 12, 6:11 pm, I M Portant <import...@important.com> wrote:
>> MechaJesus wrote:
>>> That's not what his wife said.
>> Well for an ostrich, giving the Ostrich Response, with its head in the
>> sand and ass sticking up, length may be important if a gay time is to had.
>>
>> This will need some more anal-ysis
>
> A faulty analogy; think of Andy as an ostrich with its head up its
> ass.
>
> I don't how the sand figures into it yet.

I guess being intelligent enough to have a list of degrees after your
name, like Chung, does not mean you cannot have mental illness. Just
read,or watch the movie, A Beautiful Mind about John Nash who even won a
Nobel Prize to see that. Makes you wonder what good Chung could have
done as a cardiologist if this were not the case. Unless Chung gets
help, it is unlikely to change.

rustynail

Aug 12, 2008, 7:09:14 PM8/12/08

>> > It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

>> > "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
>> > soul?" -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:36)
>>
>> Mark8:36. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and
>> forfeit
>> his life?
>
> "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his
> cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
> but whoever loses his life for Me and for the gospel will save it.
> What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
> soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is
> ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation,
> the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His Father's
> glory with the holy angels." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Mark 8:34-38)
>
> Amen.

Nope mistranslation again.

MARK8:
34. And he called unto him the multitude with his disciples, and said unto
them, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his
cross, and follow me.
35. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose
his life for my sake and the gospel's shall save it.

36. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his
life?

37. For what should a man give in exchange for his life?
38. For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and
sinful generation, the Son of man also shall be ashamed of him, when he cometh
in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 8:03:27 PM8/12/08

Not for the discerning, who understand that the soul is the spiritual
essence of life, so that soul/life may be used interchangeably.

Simply observe the postings of satan's sockpuppets here on usenet.

They have lost their souls since blaspheming against the Holy Spirit:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ee019444a6840972?

Clearly they now have no life:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/9c5c55fcace06864?

rustynail

Aug 12, 2008, 8:47:03 PM8/12/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

Your not intelligent enough to be discerning.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Thom Madura

Aug 12, 2008, 8:57:00 PM8/12/08

As a scientist - you KNOW that a soul cannot be scientifically proven to
exist - so you are not telling the truth again

APPLE

rustynail

Aug 12, 2008, 9:19:50 PM8/12/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message
And you fit that bill. Ever here the phrase so smart your stupid? Why do you buy
into myths that are borrowed from older religions?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 12, 2008, 9:29:47 PM8/12/08

I M Portant

Aug 12, 2008, 9:35:44 PM8/12/08
Thom Madura wrote:
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
snip

> As a scientist - you KNOW that a soul cannot be scientifically proven to
> exist - so you are not telling the truth again
>

> APPLE

Do you really expect to get a serious answer from or to have an
intelligent discussion with Chung or do you just enjoy going around in
the same circle with Chung.

I would think the novelty would have worn off unless it is like my
senile uncle who does not remember he tells the same story over and over.

Chung may not have a life outside of this, but do you?

rustynail

Aug 12, 2008, 9:42:15 PM8/12/08

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

Why do you believe in myths? A true person of science would not be spreading the
crap you spread.

The Church View:
Faith is an unquestioned trust in God you receive by going to church, accepting
what you are told from the pulpit, and of course, paying your dues. Any doubts
or questions are considered as a lack of faith.

The Bible View:
Persuasion that man is more than a physical entity and is part of a much larger
and higher purpose. Even a minute amount of this belief will give mere humans
supernatural power, making them capable of performing feats only limited by the
level of belief itself. A tiny amount of this belief can allow a person to
literally move mountains and gave the miracles of the first members of the
church world great power. It is obvious that that persuasion comes from exposure
to evidence given to man through an opening of the mind to these proofs by God.

The word most often translated into 'faith', (223 out of 229 times in the NT),
is pistis, pronounced pis'-tis, from peitho; persuasion, i.e. credence; moral
conviction.. The word of origin is peitho Pronounced pi'-tho a primary verb; to
convince (by argument, true or false); by analogy, to pacify or conciliate (by
other fair means); reflexively or passively, to assent (to evidence or
authority), to rely (by inward certainty):

This means that faith is belief based on evidence that persuades one to believe.
Paul verifies this in his letter to the Hebrew church:
Faith is Substance and Evidence
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
things not seen.
The word evidence is translated from elegchos, pronounced el'-eng-khos;
proof, conviction. This is consistent with the charge that we are to prove, and
literally put to the test, to approve all things before we accept them.

I M Portant

Aug 12, 2008, 9:51:19 PM8/12/08
rustynail wrote:

Very interesting.

Wes Groleau

Aug 12, 2008, 11:55:56 PM8/12/08
rustynail spewed:
[a bunch of stuff from the alphabet doctor]

What the @#%^$%&U makes you think your response justifies reposting
his crap on five newsgroups?

--
Wes Groleau
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 13, 2008, 12:19:59 AM8/13/08

I don't believe in myths.

The reason you don't believe in the truth, Who is LORD Jesus Christ,
is because you don't know Him.

Bottom line concerning you difficulties:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8681810a697259a0

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f43db72a7c5c1da0?

Don Kirkman

Aug 13, 2008, 2:48:33 AM8/13/08
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article
<aa3791cf-8641-4a7f...@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:

>> Nope mistranslation again.

>Not for the discerning, who understand that the soul is the spiritual
>essence of life, so that soul/life may be used interchangeably.

So losing one's soul is the same as losing one's life? At least you
have moved closer to the true meaning of the term than before. As
you've been told several times, in the Bible "soul" translates the
Hebrew word that means "life force," "breath of life", not some shade
that lives on (that "ghost" meaning is closer to the Greek idea of
Hades where the dead await their fate). "Then the Lord God formed man
of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of
life; and man became a living being." Gen. 2:7 (And "man" [= Hebrew
"adam"] means mankind, not human male.)
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Thom Madura

Aug 13, 2008, 7:01:36 AM8/13/08

Except in your case - it would be true

APPLE

Thom Madura

Aug 13, 2008, 7:04:20 AM8/13/08

No - you are the one who is stcuk in an enigma
You believe in a god whose bible clearly says he wants hate:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother...
-- Matthew 10:34-35

Luke 14:26 (King James Version)
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.

And since you have called what you say is the inerrant word of your god
(The bible) a lie - you have called your own god a liar.

APPLE

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 13, 2008, 7:14:20 AM8/13/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:
>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>>convicted neighbor Adonis (rustynail) wrote:
>
>>> Nope mistranslation again.
>
>>Not for the discerning, who understand that the soul is the spiritual
>>essence of life, so that soul/life may be used interchangeably.
>
>So losing one's soul is the same as losing one's life?

Interchangeable is not the same as identical.

> At least you
>have moved closer to the true meaning of the term than before.

It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

> As

>you've been told several times, in the Bible "soul" translates the
>Hebrew word that means "life force," "breath of life", not some shade
>that lives on (that "ghost" meaning is closer to the Greek idea of
>Hades where the dead await their fate).

It is man and not the Bible that translates.

It is the Holy Spirit and not man that has the true and complete
understanding of what is written in the Bible.

Solus Scriptura cum Spiritus Sancti.

> "Then the Lord God formed man
>of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of
>life; and man became a living being." Gen. 2:7 (And "man" [= Hebrew
>"adam"] means mankind, not human male.)

Jacob means "grasping at heel" and not "human male" either.

Moreover, Donald is the name of a duck but you are not a duck, dear
Donald.

Bottom line concerning your difficulties with understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b09fe2cd7fceefc8?

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3558812d72ab4e17?

Thom Madura

Aug 13, 2008, 2:26:28 PM8/13/08

Actually - Andrew - YOU DO believe in myths.

You are a trained scientist. You know what it means for something to be
proven in a testable and verifiable - and repeatable way. You also know
that religious gods cannot be proven to exist.

So - gods are myths. They is not even enough evidence for them to reach
the hypothesis stage. And everyday - more and more things are explained
that were thought to be the acts of gods by uneducated people.

You don't have that excuse.

You were educated.

samvaknin

Aug 13, 2008, 5:29:37 PM8/13/08
http://samvak.tripod.master.com/texis/master/search/?q=empathy

For a more detailed view of pathological narcissism and the
Narcissistic
Personality Disorder (NPD) - click on these links:

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/narcissismglance.html

Other Personality Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faqpd.html

Pathological Narcissism and Other Mental Health Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq82.html

Don Kirkman

Aug 13, 2008, 7:37:52 PM8/13/08
article <arf5a4tqgib8na2bu...@4ax.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:
>>Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

>>>Not for the discerning, who understand that the soul is the spiritual
>>>essence of life, so that soul/life may be used interchangeably.

>>So losing one's soul is the same as losing one's life?

>Interchangeable is not the same as identical.

Another sidestep; no matter. Just explain, then, how they can be used
interchangeably.

>> At least you
>>have moved closer to the true meaning of the term than before.

>It remains my choice to continue writing truthfully.

You long ago lost any credibility, no matter what choice you think you
are making.

>> As
>>you've been told several times, in the Bible "soul" translates the
>>Hebrew word that means "life force," "breath of life", not some shade
>>that lives on (that "ghost" meaning is closer to the Greek idea of
>>Hades where the dead await their fate).

>It is man and not the Bible that translates.

Yes, it's usually an animate being that does intellectual work like
translation. However, that only comes up because you once again
(intentionally) misunderstood the words. I said "soul" translates the
Hebrew word, not that the Bible does.

>It is the Holy Spirit and not man that has the true and complete
>understanding of what is written in the Bible.

>Solus Scriptura cum Spiritus Sancti.

But you abandoned the "solus scriptura" long ago. It means nothing to
you to rewrite scripture or to deny or change its clear meaning.

>> "Then the Lord God formed man
>>of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of
>>life; and man became a living being." Gen. 2:7 (And "man" [= Hebrew
>>"adam"] means mankind, not human male.)
>
>Jacob means "grasping at heel" and not "human male" either.

We weren't talking about Jacob in this text-based medium. The point
of the story is that God created mankind [Adam] and gave him life
[Eve]. The name echoes the Hebrew word for dirt/dust/soil, "adamah."

>Moreover, Donald is the name of a duck but you are not a duck, dear
>Donald.

Oh, very clever. Hardly any fifth grader could top that. But it is
not *only* the name of a duck, but also a proud name among Scottish
clans.

[Start]
DONALD

Gender: Masculine

Usage: Scottish, English

Pronounced: DAHN-?ld (English) [key]
From the Gaelic name Domhnall which means "ruler of the world",
composed of the old Celtic elements dumno "world" and val "rule". This
was the name of two 9th-century kings of the Scots and Picts. It has
traditionally been very popular in Scotland, and during the 20th
century it became common in the rest of the English-speaking world.
[End]

And "Andrew" means manly, but you are not manly, dear doctor. And
"doctor" means "teacher" or "instructor", particularly in advanced
fields of study, but you do not teach or instruct in any field you are
trained in.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Cary Kittrell

Aug 13, 2008, 8:11:16 PM8/13/08
Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net>

Hey, think maybe "discernment" not only "automatically transcends an
objective consideration of the facts", it also automatically
transcends any need to understand the languages the Scriptures
were originally written in?

That sure would obviate the need for all those translators...

Apparently it even automatically transcendes any need for
the Scriptures, period.

( and here would be a nice spot for that irrelevant Eccesiastes blatherbit... )

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 13, 2008, 11:22:50 PM8/13/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Don Kirkman <don...@charter.net> wrote:

> >>So losing one's soul is the same as losing one's life?
>
> >Interchangeable is not the same as identical.
>
> Another sidestep; no matter. Just explain, then, how they can be used
> interchangeably.

They can be used interchangeably when at the intersection of the
physical and spiritual realms which occurs at the heart of the soul.

Bottom line concerning your difficulties here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b09fe2cd7fceefc8?

<><

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f43db72a7c5c1da0?

Don Kirkman

Aug 14, 2008, 2:21:13 AM8/14/08
<ceb00388-4938-449d...@59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> >Interchangeable is not the same as identical.

>> Another sidestep; no matter. Just explain, then, how they can be used
>> interchangeably.

>They can be used interchangeably when at the intersection of the
>physical and spiritual realms which occurs at the heart of the soul.

New Agey gibberish is not very useful for explaining things. Try
again.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 14, 2008, 6:59:00 AM8/14/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> >> Another sidestep; no matter. Just explain, then, how they can be used
> >> interchangeably.
>
> >They can be used interchangeably when at the intersection of the
> >physical and spiritual realms which occurs at the heart of the soul.
>
> New Agey gibberish is not very useful for explaining things.

It remains my choice to continue to receive the guidance of the Holy
Spirit in everything I say, do, and write.

> Try again.

Don't have the power to make your heart discerning.

Don Kirkman

Aug 14, 2008, 1:40:26 PM8/14/08
<75f1890c-1df4-4c90...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>:

>Don't have the power to make your heart discerning.

Didn't ask you to. You couldn't do it even if I did ask; I prefer to
go to the source.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 14, 2008, 11:54:40 PM8/14/08
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >
> > > Try again.
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/88332caeea130a22?

> Didn't ask you to.

Your memory is short.

Try again to remember.

Hint: Reread the above.

Don Kirkman

Aug 15, 2008, 1:52:20 AM8/15/08
<39e67684-b8a8-4e00...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/88332caeea130a22?
>>
>> Didn't ask you to.

>Don't have the power to make your heart discerning.

Didn't ask you to. You couldn't do it even if I did ask; I prefer to
go to the source.

>Your memory is short.

My memory is fine; it's your facts that are missing.

>Try again to remember.

>Hint: Reread the above.

After you, dear Alfonse.
--