Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Various Builds

Visto 210 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Tom Kunich

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 12:15:1129/12/23
It seems like most of the postings here on this group are by people that do not ride but rather come here to argue as if to impress [people with their total lack of knowledge. Libermann and Slocomb ae both very close to death with Liebermann being saved by having no immune system to be effected by the vaccine contamination and Slocomb 90 years old telling us that he does 90 mile round trips to Bangcok on a bicycle. Flunky has a nice Bontrager with a shitty fork on it but can any of us know the last time he actually raced? That would make no difference at all, if he wasn't bragging about it so much. Scharf appears to be converting over to think first and comment later which changes his positions completely.

So what are these people posting so often on this site if none of them even know how to hold a wrench let alone have any bicycle repair speciualized tools?

One of the things that has bugged me about the 11 and 12 speed groups is that all of the high speed cogs are only one tooth apart. This means you spend a lot of time trying to find the gear you actually need instead of the next gear, I also haven't been able to get the chain to not drag at the extremes. Di2 solved this problem partially by overshiting to get a shift and then stepping back to get a quiet run, But that too drags at the extremes. No matter what I have done, the extremes make noise.

But that is different with the 10 speed wide ratio Shimano. It is quiet in the extremes and if has large steps (11-13-15 etc.) so that it is a lot easier to guess what gear you need.

Now that Ultegra and Dura Ace are Di2 12 speed only, the manual 105;s failing appear to be a slight weight penalty from the previous Dura Ace though not much. With Water bottle and saddle pack my Basso and Fondriest are just 20 lbs for steel bikes. Unless you're going to very high cost extremes you can't get more than 2 lbs advantage with a Carbon Fiber bike and then you have a limited lifetime bike. What good is a lifetime warranty from Trek if you go head first into the road? Yes this is also a disadvantage of the Fondriest CF fork so I will replace it every five years or so.

And so far I haven;t found any CF bike that rides well. We're even hearing those complaints from pros. I'm riding CF bikes in the nasty weather and
I am getting pain in my hands and arms from it. So I will be glad when the weather improves and I can use my good bikes.

I presently am not riding enough for my butt to get used to the carbon fiber saddle so after the weather improves I should be able to ride more comfotably on the Flite saddle on Basso until it is time to replace it with the CF saddles with the cutouts.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 13:23:2429/12/23
I should add that Flunky says that he has something like 2,500 miles and that is a lot of ridind for someone back east in the snow states so it tends to back up his claims of racing since it takes a lot of training to even race a little.

Zen Cycle

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 14:07:3029/12/23
On 12/29/2023 12:15 PM, Tom Kunich wrote more proof that I live rent
free in his head:
> Flunky has a nice Bontrager with a shitty fork on it

I'm sure Brent Steelman would love to have you say that to his face.
https://web.archive.org/web/20030207230412/http://www.steelmancycles.com/cc.html
"The CC frame is equipped with our own exclusive straight blade
unicrown fork."

> but can any of us know the last time he actually raced?

You could simply ask:
https://www.strava.com/activities/6187247258
Or, you could take you head out of your ass a pay attention to the dozen
other times I've listed race activities

> That would make no difference at all, if he wasn't bragging about it so much.

I've never bragged that I race, you idiot, I've noted my race
participation when it's relevant to the discussion.

> Scharf appears to be converting over to think first and comment later which changes his positions completely.
>
> So what are these people posting so often on this site if none of them even know how to hold a wrench let alone have any bicycle repair speciualized tools?

Like metric torx wrenches?

> One of the things that has bugged me about the 11 and 12 speed groups is that all of the high speed cogs are only one tooth apart. This means you spend a lot of time trying to find the gear you actually need instead of the next gear,

Competent riders don't generally have this problem

> I also haven't been able to get the chain to not drag at the extremes. Di2 solved this problem partially by overshiting to get a shift and then stepping back to get a quiet run, But that too drags at the extremes. No matter what I have done, the extremes make noise.

"so many problems!" - Frank Krygowski

> But that is different with the 10 speed wide ratio Shimano. It is quiet in the extremes and if has large steps (11-13-15 etc.) so that it is a lot easier to guess what gear you need.
>
> Now that Ultegra and Dura Ace are Di2 12 speed only, the manual 105;s failing appear to be a slight weight penalty from the previous Dura Ace though not much. With Water bottle and saddle pack my Basso and Fondriest are just 20 lbs for steel bikes. Unless you're going to very high cost extremes you can't get more than 2 lbs advantage with a Carbon Fiber bike and then you have a limited lifetime bike. What good is a lifetime warranty from Trek if you go head first into the road? Yes this is also a disadvantage of the Fondriest CF fork so I will replace it every five years or so.

When will you replace your cheap $400 chinese carbon wheels?

> And so far I haven;t found any CF bike that rides well.

That's a personal problem on your part

> We're even hearing those complaints from pros.

No, we aren't

> I'm riding CF bikes in the nasty weather and
> I am getting pain in my hands and arms from it. So I will be glad when the weather improves and I can use my good bikes.

You just stated your problem, likely none the wiser - Maybe you should
ride a good _carbon_ bike.

--
Add xx to reply

Tom Kunich

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 14:59:0429/12/23
I'm glad I didn't get around to putting you in the kill file yet since you make all of your stupid poiunts -public.

Exactly what sort of stupid ass takes advertisements at face value? I know Brent and you don't.

If you read the following posting you'd have seen that I didn't need a Strava account of anything - I was taking your word for it.

Do you men those "cheap Chinese wheels that were designed for Campagnolo and later distributed by Profile Designs and are not "carbon wheels" but aluminum wheels with carbon fairings? You are getting mentally slower by the hour.

I have owned Trek Emonda SL, Trek Modone, Ridley, Canyon, Cervelo, Colnago C40, C50 and CLX and BMC Team Machine. Tell me what you know about "good carbon bikes" when you couldn't afford any of them?

Tom Kunich

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 15:07:5129/12/23
By the way, since 2012 I have had to be properly treated for my concussion, had to have the medication balanced and learn to ride all over again.

Since I got my Garmin just three years ago here is what I have done:

Personal Records
Cycling 40 km 26:24 2022
Total Ascent 4,826 ft 2019
Max Avg Power (20 min)298 W 2019
Longest Ride 72.43 mi 2021
Lifetime Totals
Activities
Activities 640
Distance 15,850.50 mi
Time 2080:40:35 hrs
Calories 903,642
Total Ascent 608,397 ft

Your talking about competence is pretty silly

Lou Holtman

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 15:24:4729/12/23
They should offer you a pro contract. 40 km in 26 minutes and change, 298 watt average also impressive for a at that time 75 yo. I can’t help I have my doubts.

Lou

Zen Cycle

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 15:26:5029/12/23
You don't have a kill file.

> Exactly what sort of stupid ass takes advertisements at face value? I know Brent and you don't.

a) you may have met Brent Steelman, but you don't know him
b) If you do know him, call him up and tell him 'hey some guy on the web
is talking about how great your straight-legged unicrown forks are,
isn't that funny? we both know they're pieces of shit!'. I'd love to
hear his response to you calling a proprietary design of his "shitty"

the forks were offered as upgrades over the OEM forks by Bontrager,
Ibis, and other top-quality frame builders. I've ridden steelman forks
and know many other riders that have as well. They were always
considered an upgrade.

> If you read the following posting you'd have seen that I didn't need a Strava account of anything - I was taking your word for it.

Sure sparky, "can any of us know the last time he actually raced?" is
you taking my word for it.

> Do you men those "cheap Chinese wheels that were designed for Campagnolo and later distributed by Profile Designs and are not "carbon wheels" but aluminum wheels with carbon fairings? You are getting mentally slower by the hour.

Exactly what sort of dumbass takes advertisements at face value? You buy
cheap chinese carbon wheels that you aren't afraid to ride but won't
trust a carbon fork from a reputable builder - idiot.

> I have owned Trek Emonda SL, Trek Modone, Ridley, Canyon, Cervelo, Colnago C40, C50 and CLX and BMC Team Machine. Tell me what you know about "good carbon bikes" when you couldn't afford any of them?

I've owned Giant TCR, Two generations of Scott CR1, a Pinarello TT, and
Cannondale Six13 and Habit. More over, I've raced them all. If you
"can't find a CF bike that rides well" it says more about your
competence as a rider, which leads into your competence of not being
able to find the right gear on a straight block.

Zen Cycle

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 15:44:0129/12/23
On 12/29/2023 3:07 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> By the way, since 2012 I have had to be properly treated for my concussion, had to have the medication balanced and learn to ride all over again.
>
> Since I got my Garmin just three years ago here is what I have done:
>
> Personal Records
> Cycling 40 km 26:24 2022

My, that works out to about 56 MPH, that _is_ impressive tommy! Why
haven't you entered the masters world championships? You'd take the gold
for sure!

> Total Ascent 4,826 ft 2019
> Max Avg Power (20 min)298 W 2019

And to think you managed to have the garmin generate this data without a
power meter! BTW, If the 40K record of 26 minutes is correct, that would
translate to a sustained power output of just under 4000 watts for that
24 minutes (yes, 4000 watts). A 20 minute effort at 298 watts puts you
at 22 MPH. Which are we to believe?

> Longest Ride 72.43 mi 2021
> Lifetime Totals
> Activities
> Activities 640
> Distance 15,850.50 mi
> Time 2080:40:35 hrs
> Calories 903,642
> Total Ascent 608,397 ft

If I was retired and lived in an area where it never snowed, I'm pretty
sure I'd be blowing that out of the water.

> Your talking about competence is pretty silly

Well, I'm not the one who can't find the right gear with a straight
block, can't figure out how to keep carbon fiber bars tight, can't
figure out how to get get a chain to not "drag at the extremes" and run
quietly, "So Many Problems!" - Frank Krygowski

Brent Steelman made a great unicrown fork. IF you don't believe me, take
it up with him.

John B.

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 17:00:1829/12/23
On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:24:45 -0800 (PST), Lou Holtman
<lou.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, December 29, 2023 at 9:07:51?PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Friday, December 29, 2023 at 11:59:04?AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
This is the same guy that announced a 65 MPH descending speed.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Roger Merriman

no leída,
29 dic 2023, 17:06:1929/12/23
Zen Cycle <funkm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/29/2023 3:07 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>> By the way, since 2012 I have had to be properly treated for my
>> concussion, had to have the medication balanced and learn to ride all over again.
>>
>> Since I got my Garmin just three years ago here is what I have done:
>>
>> Personal Records
>> Cycling 40 km 26:24 2022
>
> My, that works out to about 56 MPH, that _is_ impressive tommy! Why
> haven't you entered the masters world championships? You'd take the gold
> for sure!
>
>> Total Ascent 4,826 ft 2019
>> Max Avg Power (20 min)298 W 2019
>
> And to think you managed to have the garmin generate this data without a
> power meter! BTW, If the 40K record of 26 minutes is correct, that would
> translate to a sustained power output of just under 4000 watts for that
> 24 minutes (yes, 4000 watts). A 20 minute effort at 298 watts puts you
> at 22 MPH. Which are we to believe?

Indeed my fastest 40k at least according to Garmin was at least a hr longer
if not more admittedly Gravel ride though fairly fast stuff on way to
Brighton for fish and chips!

>> Longest Ride 72.43 mi 2021
>> Lifetime Totals
>> Activities
>> Activities 640
>> Distance 15,850.50 mi
>> Time 2080:40:35 hrs
>> Calories 903,642
>> Total Ascent 608,397 ft
>
> If I was retired and lived in an area where it never snowed, I'm pretty
> sure I'd be blowing that out of the water.
>
>> Your talking about competence is pretty silly
>
> Well, I'm not the one who can't find the right gear with a straight
> block, can't figure out how to keep carbon fiber bars tight, can't
> figure out how to get get a chain to not "drag at the extremes" and run
> quietly, "So Many Problems!" - Frank Krygowski
>
> Brent Steelman made a great unicrown fork. IF you don't believe me, take
> it up with him.

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 11:06:2230/12/23
Do you suppose that Garmin is lying to you to make yiou feel slow? Remember Lou's claim that it was impossible to fall off a cliff on a bicycle and go 65 mph and as proof of that he showed a video of Tom Pidcock or someone descending a mild grade and still hitting 55?

Now I don't want to insult Lou, but someone that comes from a country that averages 2 meters below sea level should not be talking abput descending speeds.

Lou Holtman

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 11:17:0430/12/23
Pff, we have the Alpes and other mountain ranges I ride for 35 years. Tom you did not do 65 mph on a decpscent and your 40 km time is not 26 min and 24 sec. You probably left your Garmin on driving home in your car.

Lou

Tom Kunich

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 13:02:5830/12/23
Lou, you can believe anything you like. The max power came from a power meter and that is a level that would verify the 40 K speed. If it makes you feel better you may pretend that I don't have a Garmin at all. For all I care you can pretend that you actually go slower down 21% grades than you do on 7% grades like a large number of the roads in the Alps.

Lou Holtman

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 13:55:0730/12/23
If an intern at work comes to me with a result from a finite element program my first question is ‘did you do a sanity check?’. I would like to ask you the same question. Garmin records your best time over 40 km. You report that your best time is 26 min and 24 sec. That is an average speed of almost 91 km/hr. Tell me what descent in the US is 40 km long AND you are able to average 91 km/hr. Again do a sanity check. Point me also to a climb in the US (show me the gradient profile). With gradients of 21% for miles on a row. We have even gradients of 22% in the Netherlands:

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keutenberg

Short but if you don’t have the right gear you walk.

Lou

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 14:34:2830/12/23
Tom states unequivocally that the power number came from a power meter, and that number was a PR within the last three years.
Tom has also stated unquivicoally that he doesn't use a power meter ever since he had the PowerPod several years ago (well over three years).

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/sC4za-RABRU/m/J-FSY1kFAwAJ

Tom Kunich

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 16:09:2330/12/23
You are quite correct that this doesn't look right. But, I ride from my house except in one case where a friend drove us 5 miles to the start of a ride. I seem to recall that I didn't turn the Garmin off for that return drive but that was THIS YEAR only and only that one case. So I don't have any answers as to why this 25 miles in less than a half hour would be since all of the descents are proceeded with a climb. And most of the 40 K rides have slow climbs before the rapid descents. There is one exception which is the descent from Mt. Hamilton but that is an average descent of 7% and that was around 2019. I think that I averaged 25 mph in that case which would have been an hour.

I have not taken any drives to a ride that I can recall in 2022. This leaves the question of how the Garmin could have recorded such a speed. Or that They somehow missed recording the 1: in front of the 24: which would put that time more in the region of believability.

John B.

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 17:48:4930/12/23
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:02:56 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 8:17:04?AM UTC-8, Lou Holtman wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 5:06:22?PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
. “Faster than a speeding bullet. Stronger than a locomotive. Able to
leap tall buildings in a single bound. Look! Up in the sky. It’s a
bird. It’s a plane. No, it’s Superman!” Or is it Super Kunuich?
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iEzZqHLEjU
Oh No, It can't be Tommy as the video says a search for truth... and
we all know that isn't like Tommy's forte at all.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Roger Merriman

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 18:05:4330/12/23
Hardly as my Gravel is largely MTB lite I’m not hooning along at 20mph on
gravel roads around Kanas say, so a 14mph average isn’t to be sniffed at
normally average 11mph on mixed though largely off road surfaces.

> Now I don't want to insult Lou, but someone that comes from a country
> that averages 2 meters below sea level should not be talking abput descending speeds.

He unless my memory mistakes me regularly gets to the Alps and similar, ie
is an experience descender. And reaching 65mph as was pointed out before is
very much a outlier you need combo of right hill, with the skill/bravery
and power to reach it, only have to look at SAFA Brian’s videos he’s using
the entire road even with his skill set and performance.

Some of the pros do publish to Strava etc, and most are 30/40 something ie
in realms of normal, I’m told the sprinters chasing the time cut are fairly
rapid at times though!

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 19:20:1330/12/23
Since most of my rides at least start in the city my average moving speed until very recently had been 11.5 mph. Lately since I am trying to keep up with my climbing, it is closer to 10 mph. Back in 2019 I was still moving pretty fast but now I don't know if age or winter weight is slowing me down.
It is very difficult for me to take off weight without hills and the vast majority of hill roads were destroyed by last winter's rains. And there is no appearqnce that they are going to repair them. Those that are open, have pretty long stretches of one way traffic confined to a single lane and traffic moving at up to 50 mph Would you like to meet someone like this going the other way on a single lane road? I have taken chances with these roads but it makes me nervous as hell now. At one tikme I would go full out down an 11 or 12

5 grade and around a 40 degree turn and stayi n my lane since that turn is blind. Then there was a driveway that used to be used so you would have to beware of that and then one mile further down the road was another driveway that cars would pull out of without even looking so you had to beware of that. At that point you were going to fast to stop from the time you saw them until you went through them. So I'vbe stopped taking chances there. This is where Lou doesn't beliece you can go 65 MPH even though the road is straight and any cars behind you are dropped so hard that it takes them a mile past the last driveway to catch up. There is a winery up there that just closed and the owner called me to say he was saving some wine for me. So I drove up there earlier this week. On the way back I simply coasted from where the road straightened out (in my SUV) and I coasted at 70 mph all the way down to where the road changed to one lane. And that was with the transmission in Drive. So you'll have to forgive me if I call bullshit on not coasting at 65 mph on 11% downhills. Remember that I didn't say that I maintained that but that I hit it. And inasmuch as I can't trust all of the numbers out of the Garmin, I saw these speeds on this section using a German VTO speedometer.in the mid 2010's before I started using Garmin. It would record Speed, Top Speed and Distance.

How fast do pro cyclists descend?
Pro cyclists typically descend at 60 miles per hour (100 kph). The average top speed of leaders can be higher than 65mph (105kph). This is on sustained downhill and after years of experience where they not only have the instincts and stamina to maintain that speed; but also understand how to enter hairpin turns to successfully accelerate out of the turns. The other skill that is important is to maintain an aerodynamic posture while in the drops of your handles to fight off wind resistance.

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
30 dic 2023, 21:18:5030/12/23
On 12/30/2023 7:20 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Since most of my rides at least start in the city my average moving speed until very recently had been 11.5 mph. Lately since I am trying to keep up with my climbing, it is closer to 10 mph. Back in 2019 I was still moving pretty fast...

"The older I get, the faster I was!" ;-)

> ... This is where Lou doesn't beliece you can go 65 MPH even though the road is straight and any cars behind you are dropped so hard that it takes them a mile past the last driveway to catch up.

_Where_ is "This is where"? Give us the name of the road and a Google
Maps link, or a precise latitude & longitude. Then we can see how
closely the characteristics of the road match your fantasies.

> There is a winery up there that just closed and the owner called me to say he was saving some wine for me. So I drove up there earlier this week. On the way back I simply coasted from where the road straightened out (in my SUV) and I coasted at 70 mph all the way down to where the road changed to one lane. And that was with the transmission in Drive. So you'll have to forgive me if I call bullshit on not coasting at 65 on 11% downhills...

I call bullshit, as others have done. An 11% downhill is nowhere near
steep enough for you to hit 65 miles per hour. Maybe 45 mph if you have
sufficient runout. Not 65 mph.

So show us the road.

--
- Frank Krygowski

John B.

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 6:33:5931/12/23
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 08:06:19 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
But Tommy you've been telling lies on the web for what is it? 20
years? You have admitted to being under medical care and treatment for
brain damage for the last 10 or 11 years.

Do you really think that anyone believes you?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Lou Holtman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 10:12:3631/12/23
Nope a pro cyclist doesn’t TYPICALLY descent at 100 km/hr. Typically I would say between hairpins 70-85 km/hr. Even for a pro cyclists for 100 km/hr the circumstances should be right, they do but not typically.

Lou

Roger Merriman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 10:30:0431/12/23
Again if something is too good to be true or doesn’t pass the sanity test.
Even if the hill was an average of 11% rather than peak, grade you’d need
to be 300lb which seems unlikely considering your preference for light
bikes. One of my club mates who by his own admission has a darts player
physique and height ie 6”3/4 isn’t heavy enough at the 200lb you’d need to
be pushing out significant amounts of power, around 1000 watts to reach
65mph, this isn’t believable.

> How fast do pro cyclists descend?
> Pro cyclists typically descend at 60 miles per hour (100 kph). The
> average top speed of leaders can be higher than 65mph (105kph). This is
> on sustained downhill and after years of experience where they not only
> have the instincts and stamina to maintain that speed; but also
> understand how to enter hairpin turns to successfully accelerate out of
> the turns. The other skill that is important is to maintain an
> aerodynamic posture while in the drops of your handles to fight off wind resistance.

They do not typically descend at 60mph tv cameras will follow the Tom
Pidcock and so on as it’s good tv, but they are outliers the main bunch are
more 30/40mph when ever I’ve bothered to check folks Strava or simply
watch.

Apparently the sprinters do descend fast, as generally they are better bike
handlers and it’s free speed/time. Though tv cameras have long gone.

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 10:42:2231/12/23
In the first place the peak is at least 12%, in the second, place weight has nothing to do with it. it is purely aerodynamics and at an average of 11% not much of that.

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 13:28:1131/12/23
Followup: I want to make clear I'm talking about coasting on a bicycle.
Your comments mix cars and bikes, so I don't know what's in your mind
during any given sentence.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 13:30:0931/12/23
The statement "Weight has nothing to do with it" is evidence of physics
ignorance.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Lou Holtman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 13:54:3431/12/23
Driving force has nothing to do with it. OK…..….

Lou

Roger Merriman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:05:5931/12/23
To have any chance need the grade to be consistent high not just peaks,
even then would need substantial amounts of power, or weight.

And yes weight does matter, some of my ride companions are light folks, ie
50/60kg women and it’s fairly obvious that on even fairly gentle rolling
stuff, that I’ll pull away freewheeling, I’m 95kg give or take unless they
pedal to keep up, on longer bigger hills the gap gets bigger.

on the larger Welsh hills the gap is over beyond seconds into minutes these
are much fitter and competitive folks, for example they probably didn’t
need to brake but I will scrub some as I don’t like blind corners at speed.

Roger Merriman

Tom Kunich

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:20:4631/12/23
Fastest Recorded Speed: 63.1 mph
The fastest recorded speed of the Tour de France came from German Nils Politt while descending Col de Vars during stage 18 of the race. This was the second of four climbs in the stage, and Politt was the first-ever rider to break the 100 km/hr barrier by traveling at a speed of 101.5 km.hr on this descent.

And this was recorded with a speed gun and one place. Others that could have been faster were not actually measured and MANY riders decend faster than this German rider.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:28:1331/12/23
Roger, the force of gravity operates exactly the same on ALL bodies. That is 6th grade physics. The different is entirely aerodynamic drag, and rolling resistance.

Lou Holtman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:32:3431/12/23
Geezz, I'm not arguing that pro riders can descent at 100+ km/hr if the circumstances are right they just don't do that typically. I climbed the Col de Vars btw in both directions. The downhill towards Guillestre has long straight stretches. I can't remember that it was that steep. The downhill towards Barcelonette has steeper section but more hairpins.

Lou

Lou Holtman

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:37:1831/12/23
But not the magnitude. With a heavier person the aero drag doesn't increase as much as the weight does, hence a heavier person can descent normally faster. Read Newton's second law.

Lou

AMuzi

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:55:4331/12/23
+1
Variance of tire resistance and frontal area are smaller
than variance of mass in the real (not vacuum) world.
--
Andrew Muzi
a...@yellowjersey.org

Tom Kunich

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 15:55:5231/12/23
Lou, never saids that they do it all of the time,l but they do it common enough that it is plqin that they aren't afraid of it. If you think tht Eddy Merckx didn't drop like a stgone, never touching the brakes and tucked in tightetr than most modern riders you had better look more closely. The crap that there is ANY limit to thge decendind speed of a cyclist is unknown. I know that I hit 65 and I dropped cars in the process.

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 18:37:0431/12/23
Wow. This ignorance astonishes me!

Tom, you need to do some simple test that's not in a vacuum (which was
what was described in 6th grade science class). Try something simple
where both weight and aero drag matter, as they do in bicycling.

Here's one: Blow up two identical balloons to the same diameter. Drop
them side by side. If they are truly identical, they will fall at the
same terminal speed.

Now tie some weight, maybe 15 grams worth, onto one of the balloons.
Drop them side by side. The heavier one will fall faster. If you want, I
can go into the mathematics, but that demo should suffice.

The same principle applies to bikes coasting downhill. I thought
everyone understood that.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 18:39:1531/12/23
On 12/31/2023 3:55 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> I know that I hit 65 and I dropped cars in the process.

Bullshit. Tell us the name of the road and it's exact location. Let us
see its characteristics for ourselves.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Jeff Liebermann

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 19:31:5831/12/23
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 16:20:11 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>How fast do pro cyclists descend?
>Pro cyclists typically descend at 60 miles per hour (100 kph). The average top speed of leaders can be higher than 65mph (105kph). This is on sustained downhill and after years of experience where they not only have the instincts and stamina to maintain that speed; but also understand how to enter hairpin turns to successfully accelerate out of the turns. The other skill that is important is to maintain an aerodynamic posture while in the drops of your handles to fight off wind resistance.

You're not a pro cyclist and never have been a pro cyclist.

While you using Strava, you were in the habit of occasionally driving
away in your car with the data logger running. When I mentioned how
to fix the data several times, you did nothing. I also mentioned that
you consistently failed to mention which bicycle you were riding from
your extensive stable of machines. I suspected that you didn't
recalibrate your sensors when you changed bicycles but I can't prove
it.

You've probably never timed yourself on downhill rides or segments
because such rides never appeared on your Strava page for the short
time that your rides were available for public inspection. Most of
the pros display their rides on Strava, but not Tom. Why not?

You're 53 years older than pro riders at their peak (about 26 years),
yet you claim to be able to ride as fast as a pro rider. I don't
believe you:
"Age of peak performance in professional road cycling"
<https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37139786/>
You also claim to be disabled:
01/06/2023
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/K-cG5lehtd0/m/X3FtbYbXAAAJ>
"I am permanently disabled and so is the cop who managed to get me
back from the last step from death."

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

John B.

no leída,
31 dic 2023, 22:46:0231/12/23
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 16:31:49 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:
That seems a bit confusing - permanently disabled and riding a
bicycle?

But perhaps he meant "mentally disabled". That does make sense and the
statement is demonstrated daily. Right here on RBT. All you have to do
is read his posts.
--
Cheers,

John B.

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 7:18:101 ene
On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 7:20:13 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

> On the way back I simply coasted from where the road straightened out (in my SUV) and I coasted at 70 mph all the way down to where the road changed to one lane. And that was with the transmission in Drive. So you'll have to forgive me if I call bullshit on not coasting at 65 mph on 11% downhills. Remember that I didn't say that I maintained that but that I hit it. And inasmuch as I can't trust all of the numbers out of the Garmin, I saw these speeds on this section using a German VTO speedometer.in the mid 2010's before I started using Garmin. It would record Speed, Top Speed and Distance.

sooooo.....wait: tommy is conflating how he coasted at 70 MPH down hill in a 5000 pound SUV with his ability to coast downhill at 65 on his bike?

> How fast do pro cyclists descend?
> Pro cyclists typically descend at 60 miles per hour (100 kph). The average top speed of leaders can be higher than 65mph (105kph). This is on sustained downhill and after years of experience where they not only have the instincts and stamina to maintain that speed; but also understand how to enter hairpin turns to successfully accelerate out of the turns. The other skill that is important is to maintain an aerodynamic posture while in the drops of your handles to fight off wind resistance.

Just for everyone's understanding, the above snippet wasn't written by tom. He copy/pasted it from here:
https://routeonecycling.com/how-fast-can-a-bicycle-go-downhill-top-speeds-for-pro-cyclists-and-the-average-rider/#How_fast_do_pro_cyclists_descend

It's very poor form to copy/paste without attibution tommy, very poor indeed. I wonder what a certain failed writer would say about that?

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 7:20:301 ene
On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 6:37:04 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 12/31/2023 3:28 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 12:05:59 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
> >>>
> >> And yes weight does matter, some of my ride companions are light folks, ie
> >> 50/60kg women and it’s fairly obvious that on even fairly gentle rolling
> >> stuff, that I’ll pull away freewheeling, I’m 95kg give or take unless they
> >> pedal to keep up, on longer bigger hills the gap gets bigger.
> >>
> >> on the larger Welsh hills the gap is over beyond seconds into minutes these
> >> are much fitter and competitive folks, for example they probably didn’t
> >> need to brake but I will scrub some as I don’t like blind corners at speed.
> >>
> >> Roger Merriman
> > Roger, the force of gravity operates exactly the same on ALL bodies. That is 6th grade physics. The different is entirely aerodynamic drag, and rolling resistance.
> Wow. This ignorance astonishes me!

not me.

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 7:41:341 ene
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:39:12 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 12/31/2023 3:55 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> I know that I hit 65 and I dropped cars in the process.
>
>Bullshit. Tell us the name of the road and it's exact location. Let us
>see its characteristics for ourselves.

There's significant irony in Krygowski questioning the validity of
other people's anecdotes.

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 7:42:581 ene
> -- .

I think we've all been aware for some time now that tommys version of the universe is more metaphysical than temporal.

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 7:44:511 ene
Not nearly as much as you doing exactly the same thing.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 10:57:521 ene
Krygowski questions others on speed when he rides a steel rouring bike that has bar end shifters and a freewheel. His ointellect is a joke.80% of graduate engineers cannot obtain a position in ANY sort of engineering and teachers like Frank are the reason,.

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 11:18:151 ene
On 1/1/2024 10:57 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:39:12 -0500, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Bullshit. Tell us the name of the road and it's exact location. Let us
>>> see its characteristics for ourselves.
>
> Krygowski questions others on speed when he rides a steel rouring bike that has bar end shifters and a freewheel. His ointellect is a joke.80% of graduate engineers cannot obtain a position in ANY sort of engineering and teachers like Frank are the reason,.

Your mistaken insults of my bikes are totally irrelevant deflections. If
your claims of super fast downhill speeds were true, you could silence
your many critics immediately by giving us the name and location of the
road.

You're not doing that because you know you'd look even more foolish.

BUT! You somehow forgot to blame Obama, Biden and Newsom for reducing
the force of gravity! Tom, you're slipping!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 12:57:271 ene
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:18:12 -0500, Frank Krygowski
Krygowski's well known "friend," he refuses to name.

"I worked with the guy. He used his solid model
animations of the gun mechanism to explain it to me while he was
designing it. The patent didn't involve that mechanism; it involved
other components and their innovative manufacturing. But the gun is
almost entirely his design."

FRank Krygowski

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Zu_BtGgv8Fs/m/tk2Zbzx1BgAJ

Lou Holtman

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 13:13:461 ene
You only have to mention the road of that descent where you supposed you hit 65 mph (= 104 km/hr) and we can do the fact checking for you. Until then I don't believe you hitting a speed at 75 plus years of age pro cyclists only hit on special descents with no traffic to consider. Just mention the road I will do the rest. Should be easy.

Lou

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 13:31:561 ene
On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:57:27 PM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:

> Krygowski's well known "friend," he refuses to name.

He's under no obligation to relate any information to you, even if he did you accuse him of bragging

Frank: I worked with a guy that did this-and-that
dumbass: that's a lie
Frank: his name was So and So
dumbass: you're just bragging

Floriduh dumbass, making the dumbshine state proud.

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 13:33:011 ene
We'll get that about the time he produces any evidence that PWM is used to test cables.

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 14:14:001 ene
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 10:31:53 -0800 (PST), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:57:27?PM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:
>>
>> Krygowski's well known "friend," he refuses to name.
>>
> He's under no obligation to relate any information to you,

...and neither is Mr Kinich.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 14:56:481 ene
Kunich, and Lou has asked and although I was under the impression that I had mentioned it many time, the road I was dropping cars on was Palomares Road. The south entrance is pretty moderate with 10% sections here and there but the north entrance starts at 7 and 8% for a couple of kilometers. Goes to 9% for a kilometer, 10% for a kilometer then 11% for a kilometer then as you break over the top it goes to 12%. I hear there are a couple of bumps on the climb which are 14% but that is only for 10 meters or so and my Garmin reacts too slowly to show that. I don't drop cars there anymore because I have had an attack of good sense.

Lou Holtman

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 15:40:221 ene

Jeff Liebermann

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 15:50:371 ene
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:56:46 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was under the impression that I had mentioned it many time, the road I was dropping cars on was Palomares Road.

Amazing. Tom did mention Palomeres Rd 26 times:
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/search?q=Palomares+author%3ATom+author%3AKunich>
However, almost every link is about climbing and not about a high
speed descent. I didn't check every link, but the only references I
could find that mentioned downhill on Palomares Rd were those in this
thread.

<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Wt95T4jv-U0/m/vfidZioTAQAJ>
Tom switches between Palomeres Rd and Niles Canyon so I can't tell
which one he's discussing. However, he does mention grades of 10% and
15% for climbing. No mention of descent.

"Sunol - Palomares - Dublin Grade"
<https://www.strava.com/routes/104622>
The steepest grade I could find is 10.3%

<https://bayarearides.com/rides/palomares/>
"Other than the insides of a few curves where the grade touches 10 or
11 percent, the highest average grade you experience during these
steeper parts is 9%, and this is always in stretches of less than a
quarter mile at a time, between which the grade eases back a tick or
two."

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 16:16:381 ene
Asking the location of a public road is far different than asking me to
publicly post the name of a private individual and expose him to the
abuse common here.

And I note that my desire to protect my friend's confidentiality is
being mocked by an anonymous poster! How's that for irony?

However, I have given the name of my gun designer friend, plus other
info on him, to a couple interested people on this list whom I trust
will not broadcast that info.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 16:31:281 ene
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:16:33 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 1/1/2024 1:31 PM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:57:27?PM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:
>>>
>>> Krygowski's well known "friend," he refuses to name.
>>>
>> He's under no obligation to relate any information to you, even if he did you accuse him of bragging
>>
>> Frank: I worked with a guy that did this-and-that
>> dumbass: that's a lie
>> Frank: his name was So and So
>> dumbass: you're just bragging
>>
>> Floriduh dumbass, making the dumbshine state proud.
>
>Asking the location of a public road is far different than asking me to
>publicly post the name of a private individual and expose him to the
>abuse common here.

You already said he was well known, so why keep his name hidden?

>And I note that my desire to protect my friend's confidentiality is
>being mocked by an anonymous poster! How's that for irony?

Of course, I don't post any references to well known [imaginary]
people, either.

>However, I have given the name of my gun designer friend, plus other
>info on him, to a couple interested people on this list whom I trust
>will not broadcast that info.

<EYEROLL> Another undocumented claim to support the first undocumented
claim.

John B.

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 19:12:581 ene
Strange logic. Is there something shameful about designing guns?

After all Frank is identified by his previous employer, he was
identified as a member if some sort of "safety" group (sorry I didn't
keep the reference). He is even identified by OfficalUSA , including
address, dependent's names and even telephone
numbers. ( https://www.officialusa.com/names/Frank-Krygowski/ }

But a guy working for, Sturm Ruger (would it be?), is a deep dark
secret.

Or perhaps he only exists in Frank's imagination and therefore must be
kept a secret from all?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 19:57:191 ene
On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 07:12:51 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Perhaps?

John B.

no leída,
1 ene 2024, 23:40:401 ene
On Mon, 01 Jan 2024 19:57:15 -0500, Catrike Ryder
Even more condemning is the fact that the names of people who working
for Sturm Ruger who designed or invented devices are freely available.
See:
https://patents.justia.com/assignee/sturm-ruger-company-inc

Tom Krygowski ???
--
Cheers,

John B.

Roger Merriman

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 7:46:322 ene
Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:56:46 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
> <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was under the impression that I had mentioned it many time, the road I
>> was dropping cars on was Palomares Road.
>
> Amazing. Tom did mention Palomeres Rd 26 times:
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/search?q=Palomares+author%3ATom+author%3AKunich>
> However, almost every link is about climbing and not about a high
> speed descent. I didn't check every link, but the only references I
> could find that mentioned downhill on Palomares Rd were those in this
> thread.
>
> <https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/Wt95T4jv-U0/m/vfidZioTAQAJ>
> Tom switches between Palomeres Rd and Niles Canyon so I can't tell
> which one he's discussing. However, he does mention grades of 10% and
> 15% for climbing. No mention of descent.
>
> "Sunol - Palomares - Dublin Grade"
> <https://www.strava.com/routes/104622>
> The steepest grade I could find is 10.3%
>
> <https://bayarearides.com/rides/palomares/>
> "Other than the insides of a few curves where the grade touches 10 or
> 11 percent, the highest average grade you experience during these
> steeper parts is 9%, and this is always in stretches of less than a
> quarter mile at a time, between which the grade eases back a tick or
> two."

For fairly obvious reasons hills consistently in double digits for any
distance ie few miles/km are quite rare I struggle to think of any to be
honest, are hills that average that but will ramp up to 20/30% number of
hill climbs in the Uk Lakes district do this.

Get shorter very steep hills about but frankly aren’t going to hit high
speeds down those high disk rotor temps possibly but not speeds.

Roger Merriman

Roger Merriman

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 7:46:322 ene
He’s quite happy to name various roads that he enjoys riding, and yes he’s
at no obligation to name the hill, but equally no one is likely to believe
his claims even yourself I suspect as he can’t back it up.

And it’s beyond what is probable.

Roger Merriman

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 8:05:512 ene
On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 4:31:28 PM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:16:33 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> He's under no obligation to relate any information to you, even if he did you accuse him of bragging
> >>
> >> Frank: I worked with a guy that did this-and-that
> >> dumbass: that's a lie
> >> Frank: his name was So and So
> >> dumbass: you're just bragging
> >>
> >> Floriduh dumbass, making the dumbshine state proud.
> >
> >Asking the location of a public road is far different than asking me to
> >publicly post the name of a private individual and expose him to the
> >abuse common here.
> You already said he was well known, so why keep his name hidden?

Yup, you really are that much of a dumbass. You ask a question that was answered in the statement you're questioning. More dumbshine state logic.

> >And I note that my desire to protect my friend's confidentiality is
> >being mocked by an anonymous poster! How's that for irony?
> Of course, I don't post any references to well known [imaginary]
> people, either.

Because you don't have any to reference.

> >However, I have given the name of my gun designer friend, plus other
> >info on him, to a couple interested people on this list whom I trust
> >will not broadcast that info.
> <EYEROLL> Another undocumented claim to support the first undocumented
> claim.

Frank: I worked with a guy that did this-and-that
dumbass: that's a lie
Frank: his name was So and So
dumbass: you're just bragging

Yet more dumbshine state logic.

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 8:12:322 ene
"condemning"?

funkma...@hotmail.com

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 8:45:362 ene
Well, I guess if a 30 something active racer can hit 65 on the steepest downhill section, our 78 year old tommy with his TBI and balance prblems can do it too...
https://www.strava.com/activities/2627949200#65886918281

> Roger Merriman

Roger Merriman

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 9:23:012 ene
Well indeed and that would of been fairly exceptional for him as well, of
the 11 rides the segment registers this year they are between 40-20 mph
even the racer the 65mph was peak not average so possibly a blip though
averaged 50 something and the speed curve is gentle curves up to 65mph and
then curves down, so looks believable.

Roger Merriman

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 9:25:422 ene
On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 11:40:33 +0700, John B. <sloc...@gmail.com>
It takes a lot of gall for someone with a history of countless
undocumented stories to demand that others back up their anecdotes. My
first encounter with him is an example.

OK, tell us your biking experience, please. (And drop the 3rd grader
insults.)

How much recreational riding have you done on roads? How many years
commuting to work by bike on normal roads? How much other utility
riding have you done on ordinary roads? How much overnight or longer
traveling have you done on normal roads? How much bike camping? How
many U.S. states have you ridden in? How many foreign countries? How
many century rides have you done? How many rides longer than
100 miles in one day? How many times have you organized and led
friends on road rides? How many times have you organized and run
multi-hundred rider event rides on normal roads?

Answer in detail, please. That will allow us to gauge whether your
courage and experience really are more than mine."

- Frank Krygowski

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/mmxzneaxsdE/m/qVoI4KQlAQAJ

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 9:29:422 ene
On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 12:46:28 GMT, Roger Merriman <ro...@sarlet.com>
wrote:
His stories are what they are, but he doesn't use them to bolster his
qualifications to tell others what they should do.

John B.

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 9:59:472 ene
On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 09:25:37 -0500, Catrike Ryder
:-) As I pointed out, Frank has spent his entire life going what a
little 6 year old Thai girl can do.

And bragging about it.

Sort of pathetic.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Roger Merriman

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 10:01:202 ene
Just because it would mean being in agreement with Frank doesn’t make it
wrong.

Roger Merriman

John B.

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 10:05:012 ene
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 05:12:30 -0800 (PST), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
YUP. I keep complaining about this spelling checker but nobody does
anything about it.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 10:20:412 ene
On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 15:01:14 GMT, Roger Merriman <ro...@sarlet.com>
wrote:

>Catrike Ryder <Sol...@old.bikers.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2024 12:46:28 GMT, Roger Merriman <ro...@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> He?s quite happy to name various roads that he enjoys riding, and yes he?s
>>> at no obligation to name the hill, but equally no one is likely to believe
>>> his claims even yourself I suspect as he can?t back it up.
>>>
>>> And it?s beyond what is probable.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> His stories are what they are, but he doesn't use them to bolster his
>> qualifications to tell others what they should do.
>>

>Just because it would mean being in agreement with Frank doesn’t make it
>wrong.
>
>Roger Merriman

Of course not, in fact, I agree with Frank about some things, bicycle
helmets, for instance.

zen cycle

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 11:22:062 ene
?!?!?!?!?

What fucking planet have you been on? Tom doesn't use his stories to
tell other people what they should do?

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/uWNg4H0YVv0/m/v8r0Nxt1AwAJ

"Now I don't want to insult Lou, but someone that comes from a country
that averages 2 meters below sea level should not be talking abput
descending speeds."

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/BgrXH53qeoE/m/Mx8DusANAgAJ
"Good wheels are so available and so cheap that it is foolish to build
you own"

Then there's this little gem of him 'not telling others what they should
do':
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/BiQ7F874tP8/m/Z3r6uQcbAAAJ
"You really should not want to be associated with Krygowski and the
others that are here only to argue"
"Stop associating yourself with these people because they sound
reasonable to you."

Why do you constantly parade your willful ignorance?

dumbass.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 15:12:052 ene
Frank doesn't just dislike using helmets himself, he thinks that no one should wear a helmet. While I agree that helmets don't save lives, they do prevent or lessen minor injuries. As a trike ride you have no need for one.

Catrike Ryder

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 15:50:212 ene
On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 12:12:03 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I guess I differ from him in that I prefer not to interfere in other
people's decisions when they don't affect me.

Tom Kunich

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 16:04:482 ene
I think that you should build youe own 36 spoke wheels. Thzat will really help your "CX because you like it."

Frank Krygowski

no leída,
2 ene 2024, 23:24:102 ene
On 1/2/2024 3:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Frank doesn't just dislike using helmets himself, he thinks that no one should wear a helmet.

Tom, you really should try responding to what I've actually said, rather
than what you pretend or imagine I've said. You're almost 100%
consistent about misstating my positions.

Try giving direct quotes, and/or links to my statements people can see
what I've actually said, and in what context.

--
- Frank Krygowski

0 mensajes nuevos