Q's for LSJ.

88 vues

Claus Staal

non lue,
16 juin 2002, 18:38:5116/06/2002
A few question seems to arise time and again .. and I can't really seem
to be able to track them down with the usual Google search, even though
I'm quite certain they have been asked and answered before, so here
goes:

1. Theft of Vitae ... Is this card usable when in combat with an ally?
Or can you only steal blood (not life)?

2. Taste of Vitae ... Is this card only usable when in combat with an
opposing vampire or can you also "taste" blood (life) from an ally. When
tallying the amount of damage inflicted, do you count both damage taken
from 1.The opposing vampire and 2. Enviromental sources (Like Carrion
Crows, etc.)

3. Disarm. When deciding whether a vampire has inflicted "more" damage
at close range or not, is this damage dependent upon damage taken/given
from an opposing vampries strikes or do you also count enviromental
damage into this??

4. Is Taste of Vitae usable at both short and long range?

5. Drawing out the Beast vs. Sniper Rifle ... Which card takes
precendece?? (If the vampire equipped with the Sniper Rifle is the
reacting vampire)??

6. Flesh of Marble. Does FoM "reduce" damage or prevent damage??

7. I know, for sure, this question has been answered quite recently, but
just can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll just have to ask it again,
now won't I ;) Can the use of temptation interrupt an action, or say in
the middle of combat??

That was it for now ;)

Regards

reyda

non lue,
16 juin 2002, 20:12:0416/06/2002

"Claus Staal" <c...@mbureauet.dk> wrote in message
hi =)

> 1. Theft of Vitae ... Is this card usable when in combat with an ally?
> Or can you only steal blood (not life)?

Yes you can =)
if you use it against a vampire you steal blood, if you use it against an
ally, you steal life. The result is the same.

> 2. Taste of Vitae ... Is this card only usable when in combat with an
> opposing vampire or can you also "taste" blood (life) from an ally. When
> tallying the amount of damage inflicted, do you count both damage taken
> from 1.The opposing vampire and 2. Enviromental sources (Like Carrion
> Crows, etc.)

Only usable against a vampire. Has no effect when used against an ally.
when tallying the damage, you count every point of damage that has not been
prevented, including environmental.

> 3. Disarm. When deciding whether a vampire has inflicted "more" damage
> at close range or not, is this damage dependent upon damage taken/given
> from an opposing vampries strikes or do you also count enviromental
> damage into this??

environmental doesn't count (card text)

> 4. Is Taste of Vitae usable at both short and long range?

yes =)

> 5. Drawing out the Beast vs. Sniper Rifle ... Which card takes
> precendece?? (If the vampire equipped with the Sniper Rifle is the
> reacting vampire)??

Drawing out the beast takes precedence.(opposing vampire cannot use
equipment, played before range is chosen)

> 6. Flesh of Marble. Does FoM "reduce" damage or prevent damage??

it "prevents" all the damage up to the syndical minima of 1. (new card text)

> 7. I know, for sure, this question has been answered quite recently, but
> just can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll just have to ask it again,
> now won't I ;) Can the use of temptation interrupt an action, or say in
> the middle of combat??

yes. it's possible, you just burn the counters and end combat.

(but i'm not sure whether or not it's in Rt for review...)

> That was it for now ;)
>
> Regards

=)
reyda

The Lasombra

non lue,
16 juin 2002, 20:30:1416/06/2002
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:38:51 , "Claus Staal" asked:

>1. Theft of Vitae ... Is this card usable when in combat with an ally?
>Or can you only steal blood (not life)?

You may use it to steal life or blood.

LSJ 2002-01-18
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3C480B19.AF3AA7F2%40white-wolf.com

LSJ 1999-08-02
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=37A5A604.2095AB%40wizards.com

LSJ 1999-05-03
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7gl09e%24j6p%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com

LSJ 1998-12-21
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=367E4517.2781%40wizards.com

See also 6.4.5 of the online rulebook, and the example with Sarah.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/

>2. Taste of Vitae ... Is this card only usable when in combat with an
>opposing vampire or can you also "taste" blood (life) from an ally.

It is only usable when in combat with a vampire.
Pertinent card text:
"lost by the opposing vampire to damage"

> When tallying the amount of damage inflicted, do you count both damage taken
>from 1.The opposing vampire and 2. Enviromental sources (Like Carrion
>Crows, etc.)

This includes all damage inflicted regardless of the source of the
damage.

>3. Disarm. When deciding whether a vampire has inflicted "more" damage
>at close range or not, is this damage dependent upon damage taken/given
>from an opposing vampries strikes or do you also count enviromental
>damage into this??

Disarm only counts the damage done by the vampire. Damage not
directly caused by the vampire is not counted, ie Carrion Crows will
not allow you to Disarm your opponent when you both strike hands for
one.

This is in the FAQ, section 3.17
http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

>4. Is Taste of Vitae usable at both short and long range?

Yes.
It is not a strike, so its effects ignore the range of the combat.

LSJ 1999-02-17
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7aerv9%248mt%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com

LSJ 1997-10-20
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=877349056.13328%40dejanews.com

>5. Drawing out the Beast vs. Sniper Rifle ... Which card takes
>precendece?? (If the vampire equipped with the Sniper Rifle is the
>reacting vampire)??

Drawing out the Beast prevents the reacting vampire from using the
Sniper Rifle.

LSJ 2001-09-19
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BA890A3.46EFE00%40white-wolf.com

LSJ 2001-06-19
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B2F563B.4FF1482C%40white-wolf.com

>6. Flesh of Marble. Does FoM "reduce" damage or prevent damage??

Flesh of Marble prevents damage.

Pertinent Clarified Card Text:
"excess damage is prevented"

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/Cardlist.html

>7. I know, for sure, this question has been answered quite recently, but
>just can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll just have to ask it again,
>now won't I ;) Can the use of temptation interrupt an action, or say in
>the middle of combat??

Yes.
Temptation can be used at any time during your minion phase.

LSJ 2001-10-08
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BC1BE2A.97BA8E7F%40white-wolf.com

LSJ 2001-09-27
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BB362D4.1407F39%40white-wolf.com

LSJ 2001-08-29
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B8CCA2C.73C609E9%40white-wolf.com

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

LSJ

non lue,
17 juin 2002, 07:40:2817/06/2002
reyda wrote:

> "Claus Staal" <c...@mbureauet.dk> wrote in message
> hi =)
>
> > 1. Theft of Vitae ... Is this card usable when in combat with an ally?
> > Or can you only steal blood (not life)?
>
> Yes you can =)
> if you use it against a vampire you steal blood, if you use it against an
> ally, you steal life. The result is the same.

Correct. [6.4.5]

> > 2. Taste of Vitae ... Is this card only usable when in combat with an
> > opposing vampire or can you also "taste" blood (life) from an ally. When
> > tallying the amount of damage inflicted, do you count both damage taken
> > from 1.The opposing vampire and 2. Enviromental sources (Like Carrion
> > Crows, etc.)
>
> Only usable against a vampire. Has no effect when used against an ally.
> when tallying the damage, you count every point of damage that has not been
> prevented, including environmental.

It cannot be played when in combat with an ally.
You count all of the damage, yes, but only those for which blood has been
spent to heal or to prevent destruction. (You actually count the blood spent,
not the damage done).

> > 3. Disarm. When deciding whether a vampire has inflicted "more" damage
> > at close range or not, is this damage dependent upon damage taken/given
> > from an opposing vampries strikes or do you also count enviromental
> > damage into this??
>
> environmental doesn't count (card text)

Correct.

> > 4. Is Taste of Vitae usable at both short and long range?
>
> yes =)

Correct.

> > 5. Drawing out the Beast vs. Sniper Rifle ... Which card takes
> > precendece?? (If the vampire equipped with the Sniper Rifle is the
> > reacting vampire)??
>
> Drawing out the beast takes precedence.(opposing vampire cannot use
> equipment, played before range is chosen)

That is: whichever is played first has precendence. The acting vampire gets
the first chance to play, as always.

> > 6. Flesh of Marble. Does FoM "reduce" damage or prevent damage??
>
> it "prevents" all the damage up to the syndical minima of 1. (new card text)

Correct.

> > 7. I know, for sure, this question has been answered quite recently, but
> > just can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll just have to ask it again,
> > now won't I ;) Can the use of temptation interrupt an action, or say in
> > the middle of combat??
>
> yes. it's possible, you just burn the counters and end combat.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Claus Staal

non lue,
17 juin 2002, 09:59:4017/06/2002
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> > > 7. I know, for sure, this question has been answered quite recently, but
> > > just can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'll just have to ask it again,
> > > now won't I ;) Can the use of temptation interrupt an action, or say in
> > > the middle of combat??
> >
> > yes. it's possible, you just burn the counters and end combat.
>
> Correct.

Hmm ... Exactly when can you "interrupt" the combat, to burn the
counters at the Temptation card and end combat?? Lets say:

Nehsi encounters Jimmy Dunn who is at full capacity (4 blood) and has a
temptation placed on him with 3 counters on it. Nehsi obviously is the
acting vampire.

Nehsi being blocked by Jimmy Dunn decides to make a hand strike for 1
followed by Jimmy Dunns hand strike for 1, both take 1 damage. Jimmy
Dunn is now at 3 blood and decides to make an additional strike; now can
the acting vampires controller (who also is the controller of the
Temptation card) burn the counters on the temptation to end combat,
untap Jimmy Dunn and take comtrol of him until the end of the minion
phase??

What exactly is the timing for these sorts of interrupts??

Thanks in advance

LSJ

non lue,
17 juin 2002, 10:08:5617/06/2002
Claus Staal wrote:

> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> > > yes. it's possible, you just burn the counters and end combat.
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Hmm ... Exactly when can you "interrupt" the combat, to burn the
> counters at the Temptation card and end combat?? Lets say:

Any time during your minion phase.

Try searching for "temptation combat author:LSJ". Such a search
yields, for example, this post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B8CCA2C.73C609E9%40white-wolf.com

> Nehsi encounters Jimmy Dunn who is at full capacity (4 blood) and has a
> temptation placed on him with 3 counters on it. Nehsi obviously is the
> acting vampire.
>
> Nehsi being blocked by Jimmy Dunn decides to make a hand strike for 1
> followed by Jimmy Dunns hand strike for 1, both take 1 damage. Jimmy
> Dunn is now at 3 blood and decides to make an additional strike; now can
> the acting vampires controller (who also is the controller of the
> Temptation card) burn the counters on the temptation to end combat,
> untap Jimmy Dunn and take comtrol of him until the end of the minion
> phase??

Yes.

> What exactly is the timing for these sorts of interrupts??

Timing: when activated.

salem

non lue,
18 juin 2002, 10:04:2818/06/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3D0DED78...@white-wolf.com>...
> Claus Staal wrote:
[snip]

> > Hmm ... Exactly when can you "interrupt" the combat, to burn the
> > counters at the Temptation card and end combat?? Lets say:
>
> Any time during your minion phase.

Can it be done during strike resolution? For example, allocate damage
from strikes (and whatever) to both minions, then before you have to
"deal" with the damage, burn temptation counters and take control,
thus ending combat. However, there are still allocated points of
damage to be resolved. But now that combat is over, you couldn't
prevent with combat cards?

my apologies if i sound a little incoherent...late night...

salem.

LSJ

non lue,
18 juin 2002, 10:23:5918/06/2002

You can do it after strikes are announced and before strike resolution
(or after resolving a First Strike but before moving on to normal
strike resolution).

The damage applied in combat is handled in combat.

If you attempt to activate Temptation in that period, then the pending
damage is resolved normally and then control changes and combat ends.

Similarly, if you strike with Coma while your Wolf Companion inflicts
1 damage, the opposing minion doesn't escape the damage nor is he denied
the abililty to play Skin of Rock to prevent it. After the damage is
handled, the victim goes to torpor fro the Coma.

0 nouveau message