Re: Brain foods: the effects of nutrients on brain function

1 view

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 23, 2011, 4:30:12 AM4/23/11
Ozgirl wrote:

> [...]
> brain-derived neurotrophic factor, can function as metabolic modulators,
> responding to peripheral signals such as food intake. Understanding the
> molecular basis of the effects of food on cognition will help us to
> determine how best to manipulate diet in order to increase the
> resistance of neurons to insults and promote mental fitness."
>
> "Although food has classically been perceived as a means to provide
> energy and building material to the body, its ability to prevent and
> protect against diseases is starting to be recognized. In particular,
> research over the past 5 years has provided exciting evidence for the
> influence of dietary factors on specific molecular systems and
> mechanisms that maintain mental function. For instance, a diet that is
> rich in omega-3 fatty acids is garnering appreciation for supporting
> cognitive processes in humans1 and upregulating genes that are important
> for maintaining synaptic function and plasticity in rodents2. In turn,
> diets that are high in saturated fat are becoming notorious for reducing
> molecular substrates that support cognitive processing and increasing
> the risk of neurological dysfunction in both humans3 and animals4.
> Although these studies emphasize an important effect of food on the
> brain, further work is necessary to determine the mechanisms of action
> and the conditions for therapeutic applications in humans"
>
> "Dietary lipids, which were *originally thought to affect the brain
> through their effects on cardiovascular physiology*, are garnering
> recognition for their direct actions on the brain. Omega-3
> polyunsaturated fatty acids are normal constituents of cell membranes
> and are essential for normal brain function (FIG. 3). In spite of the
> large variability in the design of experiments to evaluate the action of
> different dietary elements on cognitive abilities, there is a general
> consensus that a deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids in rodents results in
> impaired learning and memory74,75. Dietary deficiency of omega-3 fatty
> acids in humans has been associated with increased risk of several
> mental disorders, including attention-deficit disorder, dyslexia,
> dementia, depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia76-80. As the
> omega-3 fatty acid DHA is a prominent component of neuronal membranes,
> and as the human body is inefficient in synthesizing DHA, we are reliant
> on dietary DHA. Some of the mechanisms by which DHA affects brain
> plasticity and cognition are starting to be elucidated. For example, DHA
> dietary supplementation has been found to elevate levels of hippocampal
> BDNF and enhance cognitive function in rodent models of brain trauma81.
> DHA might enhance cognitive abilities by facilitating synaptic
> plasticity and/or enhancing synaptic membrane fluidity; it might also
> act through its effects on metabolism, as DHA stimulates glucose
> utilization82 and mitochondrial function83, reducing oxidative stress

Therefore, it is smart to get just the right amount (32 oz) of daily
food thereby neither underdose nor overdose it.

Yes, right amount (omer) control as Chris Malcolm is doing is much
more sophisticated and smarter:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/8d2ef74488074acf?

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/9642aafa0aad16eb?

We do this by weighing our meals per the http://WDJW.net/2PD-OMER
Approach to get our...

http://WDJW.net/Status

and then...

http://WDJW.net/Update

so that there will be...

http://WDJW.net/NoVAT

Being hungry really is wonderful as proven by five lines of evidence:

Mathematical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113247&l=9583a55b45&id=1467768946

Historical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113078&l=0071d60632&id=1467768946

Medical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31107542&l=a51ee83a50&id=1467768946

Psychological:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31229810&l=0b3a2ad60b&id=1467768946

Factual:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/21f7a54a0f52f174?

So that we really should http://WDJW.net/BeHungry and say we are
"wonderfully hungry" whenever we are greeted:

http://WDJW.net/WonderfullyHungry

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113612&l=cbe72c46ca&id=1467768946

There is pure joy in being used by GOD to convince others:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8824c8a5b7c7518c?

"A 2005 visit to an Atlanta cardiologist by the name of Andrew Chung
put me on some serious reality

I wasnt just chubby or husky, I am what they often call morbidly
obese. He explained that morbid obesity simply means that if something
happened to me that could be attiributed to weight and I were to end
up in the not breathing state

ok some call it DEAD

that a doctor could simply dismiss it as natural causes related to
weight more or less.

Ive been told I was a chunky fella a couple times, maybe even fat...
but not quite that harshly. Definitely made me think about a few
things, as much as I dislike scare tactics when it comes to health.

Well in the midst of the shock treatment, he also had me come to a
heart wellness seminar that he does on some Saturdays in Mableton.

Nice little get together, he has folks from the community come in and
discuss Tai Chi, exercises, testimonials, all kinds of good stuff.

Then he shows the movie SUPERSIZE ME to set up the pitch for his 2PD
Omer approach that he has his patients use to lose weight.

In a nutshell, in his view, HOW MUCH you eat is more of the issue than
WHAT you eat and portion is more important than any fat content or
calories.

I agree with this. This is why I have always been more successful on
more liquid diets (cabbage soup, slimfast, herbalife (tho dangerous))
than anything else. I wasnt eating the portions I was before that..."

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e82824a99ba4f187?

Love in the truth,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-certified Cardiologist

Number 15

Apr 23, 2011, 7:13:31 AM4/23/11
On Apr 23, 1:30 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com>
wrote:

> Therefore, it is smart to get just the right amount (32 oz) of daily
> food thereby neither underdose nor overdose it.

Q: Can you post empirical evidence, outside of your own substantiated
personal claims,
that 32 oz is the correct amount of food to eat irrespective of
calories, trans fats, sugar, cholesterol and sodium?

A: No.

> Yes, right amount (omer) control

Q: Can you post empirical evidence, outside of your own
unsubstantiated personal
claims, that the omer mentioned in Exodus 16:16 weighs exactly 32 oz?

A: No.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 23, 2011, 8:09:01 AM4/23/11
prodigal Ace* wrote:

> > Therefore, it is smart to eat just the right amount (32 oz) of daily

> > food thereby neither underdose nor overdose it.
>
> Q: Can you post empirical evidence, outside of your own substantiated
> personal claims, that 32 oz is the correct amount of food to eat irrespective of
> calories, trans fats, sugar, cholesterol and sodium?

Yes.

See Deuteronomy 8:3 which summarizes 40 years of empirical evidence
supporting the efficacy of holding to the right amount (omer) of daily
real food (manna) as prescribed by the Great Physician (Exodus
16+16=32 oz) Who is this HeartDoc's ( http://WDJW.net/HeartDoc) LORD.

prodigal Ace* shrieked:

> HUNGER IS STARVATION

Delusion.

Hunger is not starvation as evident by it being synonymous with
appetite, which everyone knows is absolutely healthy:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hunger

> Psychopath.

Lie.

Psychopaths don't openly pray on Usenet to ask GOD to destroy
profanely (Hebrews 12:16) evil (Genesis 25:32) creatures whom GOD
hates (Malachi 1:2-3) much less author books ( http://NetCabal.com and
http://CelestinMiracle.com ) and treat cardiac patients while
maintaining an active medical license that is verifiable on line.
Truth is reality.

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b646de8f6d07ac87?

prodigal Ace* wrote:

> > > 30 MILLION PEOPLE A YEAR DIE OF HUNGER:
> > >http://peacenowar.net/newpeace/images/stories/hunger-sm.jpg
> >
> > If that were true, hunger instead of starvation would be listed as the
> > cause of death on their death certificates.
>
> If that were true, since "smoking" isn't listed as the cause of death on
> death certificates, people don't die from it.

Smoking is listed as the cause of death of smokers in Britain:

Thus, people die from smoking.

Bottom line:

You need to repent and stop being prodigal else something worse may
happen to you (John 5:14)

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/b454aab62e6fb10b?

prodigal Ace* timidly wrote:

> > Specifically, T2s need to lose their VAT which is the proximate cause
> > of their disease.
> >
> > The smartest way to do this is http://WDJW.net/NotDiet (i.e.
> > restricting food choices) but rather to http://WDJW.net/Guard the body
> > by holding to the right daily amount (32 oz) of real food.
>
> Which is apparently not endorsed by any other physician ...

Lie.

This physician's LORD, Who is the Great Physician, is another
physician and the concept of one right daily amount (omer) for
everyone is by His design as revealed by what is written at Exodus
16:16. Laus Deo for His allowing this physician working in
collaboration with his physician colleagues at Emory University
( http://EmoryIMVC.org ) to discover in 1997 that an omer of real food
weighs 32 oz. All bona-fide physicians who know about the 32 oz of the
http://WDJW.net/2PD-OMER Approach have given their tacit approval
about it as evident by none either writing or speaking about an
alternative right daily amount of real food.

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/039c15d33b9993e1?

Suggested additional reading:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d1b49966a79db71b?

http://EmoryIMVC.org

IMVC is the International Medical VAT Cure (aka http://WDJW.net/2PD-OMER
Approach )

Now stop lying Ace* or something worse may happen to you (John 5:14).

May GOD bless you, Ace*, now (Luke 6:21a) more than ever causing you
to become hungrier (Deuteronomy 8:3) than ever thereby helping you
realize that if hunger were starvation you would be dying a thousand
deaths now that you are a thousand times hungrier in the name of Jesus
Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/ae9391ce0321e0d6?

[...]

This has all been about http://WDJW.net/TheTruth

May GOD continue to save the souls of those who are around this
physician ( http://WDJW.net/HeartDoc ) by giving them a new heart and
a new spirit (Ez11:19-20&36:26) so that they would be born again of
water and Spirit (Jn3:3&3:5), http://WDJW.net/Forgiven by Him so that
they would come to trust the truth, Who is Jesus Christ of Nazareth:

http://T3WiJ.com

Amen.

Love in the truth,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-certified Cardiologist

and Author of "Trust the Truth -
Only the truth can cure the 'hunger is starvation' delusion:"
http://www.amazon.com/Trust-Truth-hunger-starvation-delusion/dp/1440147663/

"no one can say 'Jesus is LORD' except by the Holy Spirit."(1Cor12:3)
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/035c93540862751c?

What are the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven?
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/980b41e6999de315?

Only the truth can cure the "hunger is starvation" delusion:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/74281ab7d7ce78de?

Happy Oyster

Apr 23, 2011, 10:57:58 AM4/23/11
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 01:30:12 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lov...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>Ozgirl wrote:
>>
>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805706/

Satan Andrew Ben Hua Chung is an insane spammer, who spits the exactly same
nonsense into the Net again and again.
--

Evolutionary Plan
http://www.journalist.is/evolutionary_plan.jpg

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 23, 2011, 11:00:20 AM4/23/11
... and encouraging born again (Jn3:3&5) friends to also pray for
Aribert's perishing soul simply because we truly love him as our LORD
commands (Jn15:12) with all glory to GOD the Father.

Aribert Deckers (aka Not-So-Happy Oyster) wrote:

In reference to this physician's ( http://WDJW.net/HeartDoc ) prayer
list:

http://tinyurl.com/4pcwg3x

> ... wants the death of more than 260 persons who he has in his
> online deathlist.
>
> Can the police of Atlanta prevent him running amok?

Atlanta police know that a prayer list is not a death (curse) list so
they would be justified to have you possibly extradited here to the
U.S. to be charged with libel & defamation:

http://tinyurl.com/libel-defamation

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/bda9bd5e0d4f589d?

Aribert Deckers (aka not-so-Happy Oyster) wrote:
> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote in part:
> > not-so-Happy Oyster wrote:

> >> Why don't you bloody liar go to Ethiopia and tell your lies to **the people on the
> >> street** there?

**emphasis** added

Source:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/919bac965960728f?

> >The homeless in Ethiopia do not as a general rule have either type-2
> >diabetes or sleep apnea.
>
> That is bullshit. I did not say anything about HOMELESS PEOPLE in Ethiopia!

See **emphasis** above.

Again, the homeless in Ethiopia do not as a general rule have either
type-2 diabetes or sleep apnea.

Now, why don't you start being hungrier (healthier) by eating the
right amount (32 oz/day) and give your excess to the homeless in
Ethiopia so that they too would become hungrier (healthier) and not
die from starvation?

Bottom line concerning you, Aribert:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/18b6cea52f0504a3?

Again, this physician prays for you as outlined per the amazing
Facebook spectacle at http://WDJW.net/Salvation earlier:

May GOD save your perishing soul by giving you, Aribert, a new heart
and a new spirit (Ezekiel 11:19-20 and 36:26) so that you would be
born again of water and Spirit (John 3:3 and 3:5), http://WDJW.net/Forgiven
by Him so that you would come to trust the truth, Who is Jesus:

http://T3WiJ.com

Amen.

[...]

"wonderfully hungry" ( http://WDJW.net/WonderfullyHungry ) whenever we
are greeted:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31113612&l=cbe72c46ca&id=1467768946

There is pure joy in being used by GOD to convince minds:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8824c8a5b7c7518c?

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e82824a99ba4f187?

Love in the truth,

Happy Oyster

Apr 23, 2011, 11:07:54 AM4/23/11
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 05:09:01 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<disc...@T3WiJ.com> wrote:

>> HUNGER IS STARVATION
>
>Delusion.
>
>Hunger is not starvation

Andrew Ben Hua Chung, the Satan, makes claims, which can lead to death. Hunger
kills brain-cells. And Satan Andrew Ben Hua Chung is keen on killing people: he
has a deathlist with more than 260 persons who he wants dead. He has the
deathlis online and disguises it as prayer list.

Why doesn't he go as a missionary to the Taliban? They would teach him a
lesson...

Happy Oyster

Apr 23, 2011, 11:14:07 AM4/23/11
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:00:20 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lov...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>Be hungrier, which really is wonderfully healthier especially for

Andrew Ben Hua Chung, the blasphemist, is an insane liar.

There is a good treatment for such swine as Chung: Send them to the Taliban!

Ken

Apr 23, 2011, 1:47:36 PM4/23/11
Question #1: Is your name Andy Chung?
Question #2: Are you a Quack?
Question #3: Do you spend all your waking hours spamming the
internet?
Question #4: Are you a gullible brainwashed biblethumping Xtian?
Question #5: Are you an obsessive compulsive dickhead?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, don't walk but run
to the nearest mental health facility and commit yourself

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 23, 2011, 5:43:26 PM4/23/11
... and encouraging born-again (John 3:3 & 5) friends to also pray for
Ken simply because we really love him as our LORD commands (John

Ken wrote:

> "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
> different results"
> Albert Einstein ...

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/77109afdfa9455f5?

... and ...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/bd4a3310cdc6e165?

Actually, insanity is simply a condition of being disconnected from
reality falsely thinking fiction is truth thereby suffering from
delusions.

For example, your quoting Albert Einstein's fictional definition of
insanity multiple times and applying it as if it were true serves well
as evidence that you really are becoming insane.

Ken wrote earlier in part:

> Schizophrenia can set in at any time but it's usual shows up in early
> adulthood.
>
> I'm predisposed due to my biological maw spending her adult life in a
> hospital as a paranoid schizophrenic before passing in '66

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/40a1fbe0d8ff812a?

Only the truth, Who is Jesus, can keep you from becoming more
delusional like your mom was.

There are others who are also observing that you are exhibiting
psychopathology:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3f56b038f17f681b?

Bottom line concerning you, Ken:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/e444a7f27fc8ae79?

Truth is reality ...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/459c9c0ed3b24ca2?

... despite your efforts:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3160f9fd903ab7c2?

And, so this bona-fide physician ( http://WDJW.net/HeartDoc ) freely
chooses to continue to pray for you as outlined per the amazing

Facebook spectacle at http://WDJW.net/Salvation earlier:

May GOD save your perishing soul by giving you, Ken, a new heart and a

new spirit (Ezekiel 11:19-20 and 36:26) so that you would be born
again of water and Spirit (John 3:3 and 3:5), http://WDJW.net/Forgiven
by Him so that you would come to trust the truth, Who is Jesus:

http://T3WiJ.com

Amen.

Be hungrier, which really is healthier especially for diabetics and
[...]

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Ken

Apr 23, 2011, 6:17:09 PM4/23/11

?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Apr 23, 2011, 6:19:00 PM4/23/11

Happy Oyster

Apr 24, 2011, 4:20:13 AM4/24/11
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:43:26 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lov...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>Actually, insanity is simply

the state of satan Andrew Ben Hua Chung's brain.

Happy Oyster

Apr 24, 2011, 4:32:07 AM4/24/11
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:19:00 -0700 (PDT), "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lo...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>There are others who are also observing that you are exhibiting
>psychopathology:

Satan Andrew Ben Hua Chung cites a letter which he got?