Groklaw Declares Victory, No More Articles

Hardon

Apr 10, 2011, 9:47:10 AM4/10/11
<http://slashdot.org/story/11/04/09/2315208/Groklaw-Declares-Victory-No-More-Articles>

<quote>
Pamela Jones announced that as of May 16th, she will no longer be
updating groklaw

"I have decided that Groklaw will stop publishing new articles on our
anniversary, May 16: "I know a lot of you will be unhappy to hear it,
so let me briefly explain, because my decision is made and it's
firm. In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO
initiated over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no
more."
</quote>

Homer

Apr 10, 2011, 10:20:46 AM4/10/11
Verily I say unto thee, that Hardon spake thusly:

Pity. Groklaw is about more than just fighting SCO. It was instrumental
in defeating other patent trolls and monopolisers, like IP Innovation
LLC in its fraudulent claim against Red Hat.

http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20100513121121635

We need more sites like this, not less.

Remember the Patent Troll Tracker, Richard Frenkel, who became the
target of a bounty set by a thug called Raymond Niro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Troll_Tracker

Another soldier down.

--
K. | "Linux hackers are on a mission
http://slated.org | from God" ~ The Vatican

7

Apr 10, 2011, 11:15:37 AM4/10/11
Hardon wrote:

> <http://slashdot.org/story/11/04/09/2315208/Groklaw-Declares-Victory-No-

More-Articles>

> <quote>
> Pamela Jones announced that as of May 16th, she will no longer be
> updating groklaw
>
> "I have decided that Groklaw will stop publishing new articles on our
> anniversary, May 16: "I know a lot of you will be unhappy to hear it,
> so let me briefly explain, because my decision is made and it's
> firm. In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO
> initiated over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no
> more."
> </quote>

Last week SCO$ stocks got de-listed from Stock Exchange.
They failed to submit company accounting information
for a full 2 years in a row. Probably in a bid to con investors.
Just recently some SCO$ assets were being secretly sold
to SCO$ partners in what could
only be an illegal sale of assets outside of investor
knowledge and outside of bankruptcy proceedings to con
all those who lost money through SCO$.

flatfish+++

Apr 10, 2011, 12:10:36 PM4/10/11
On 10 Apr 2011 13:47:10 GMT, Hardon wrote:

> "I have decided that Groklaw will stop publishing new articles on our
> anniversary, May 16: "I know a lot of you will be unhappy to hear it,
> so let me briefly explain, because my decision is made and it's
> firm. In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO
> initiated over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no
> more."
> </quote>

Who cares?
Some wacko freetards?

So exactly what did Linux "win"?

It's still the world's most ignored desktop operating system.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Clog_-_wog (®)

Apr 10, 2011, 1:32:46 PM4/10/11
"7" <email_at_www_at_en...@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
bericht news:KQjop.11457$KZ7....@newsfe08.ams2...

Maybe Linus wrote that Kernel driver for this robot?
http://geekz.co.uk/lovesraymond/wp-content/images/ep065.jpg

Clogwog

Apr 10, 2011, 1:34:16 PM4/10/11
"7" <email_at_www_at_en...@enemygadgets.com> schreef in
bericht news:KQjop.11457$KZ7....@newsfe08.ams2...
Maybe Linus wrote that Kernel driver for his PJ robot?
http://geekz.co.uk/lovesraymond/wp-content/images/ep065.jpg

Chris Ahlstrom

Apr 10, 2011, 1:51:31 PM4/10/11
Hardon wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Although there will always be more to talk about, Pamela has done far more
than her fair share, and taken abuse amounting that far more than her fair
share, for the sake of GNU/Linux.

--
Cecil, you're my final hope
Of finding out the true Straight Dope
For I have been reading of Schrodinger's cat
But none of my cats are at all like that.
This unusual animal (so it is said)
Is simultaneously alive and dead!
What I don't understand is just why he
Can't be one or the other, unquestionably.
My future now hangs in between eigenstates.
In one I'm enlightened, in the other I ain't.
If *you* understand, Cecil, then show me the way
And rescue my psyche from quantum decay.
But if this queer thing has perplexed even you,
Then I will *___ and* I won't see you in Schrodinger's zoo.
-- Randy F., Chicago, "The Straight Dope, a compendium
of human knowledge" by Cecil Adams

TomB

Apr 10, 2011, 2:00:36 PM4/10/11
On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:

> (about GNU/Linux)

> It's still the world's most ignored desktop operating system.

Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used when
you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.

--
I sense much NT in you. NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime. Downtime leads to suffering.

flatfish+++

Apr 10, 2011, 2:27:21 PM4/10/11

Hahahha!

Good one!

flatfish+++

Apr 10, 2011, 2:28:01 PM4/10/11
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:51:31 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Although there will always be more to talk about, Pamela has done far more
> than her fair share, and taken abuse amounting that far more than her fair
> share, for the sake of GNU/Linux.

Looking for a new master already Liarmutt?

Snit

Apr 10, 2011, 3:40:06 PM4/10/11
TomB stated in post 201104101...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/10/11 11:00
AM:

> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:
>>
>> (about GNU/Linux)
>> It's still the world's most ignored desktop operating system.
>
> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used when
> you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.

Yes: it is third... with about 1% usage. And it is *free*, as in no cost.

This does not speak well of its acceptance. Can you think of any other
other free product that is so easily accessible has ever done so poorly. If
so, would you consider that product to be, generally, desirable?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

flatfish+++

Apr 10, 2011, 3:52:52 PM4/10/11

Beat me to it.

It's like be third most popular in a beauty contest when there are only
3 contestants.

amicus_curious

Apr 10, 2011, 6:28:50 PM4/10/11

"flatfish+++" <flat...@marianatrench.com> wrote in message

> Who cares?
> Some wacko freetards?
>
> So exactly what did Linux "win"?

Now don't be too hasty here! Think of the possibilities. If we could
similarly convince Schestowitz that "Linux won", maybe he would fold his
tent, too. Think of how good it would be to not have all that irritation.

amicus_curious

Apr 10, 2011, 6:30:49 PM4/10/11

"TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:
>>
>> (about GNU/Linux)
>> It's still the world's most ignored desktop operating system.
>
> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used when
> you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.

Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is also the
most ignored. That's what having 1% will do to you. Think of it as the
world's tallest midget.

amicus_curious

Apr 10, 2011, 6:33:00 PM4/10/11

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:40:06 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> TomB stated in post 201104101...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/10/11
>> 11:00
>> AM:
>>
>>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:

>>> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used when
>>> you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.
>>
>> Yes: it is third... with about 1% usage. And it is *free*, as in no
>> cost.
>>
>> This does not speak well of its acceptance. Can you think of any other
>> other free product that is so easily accessible has ever done so poorly.
>> If
>> so, would you consider that product to be, generally, desirable?
>
> Beat me to it.
>
> It's like be third most popular in a beauty contest when there are only
> 3 contestants.

In kiddies' sports the last place team gets trophies, too. Why not Linux?

High Plains Thumper

Apr 10, 2011, 11:59:14 PM4/10/11
Homer wrote:
> Hardon spake thusly:
>
>> <http://slashdot.org/story/11/04/09/2315208/Groklaw-Declares-Victory-N...>

>> <quote>
>> Pamela Jones announced that as of May 16th, she will no longer be
>> updating groklaw [...]

>> In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO initiated
>> over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no more."
>> </quote>
>
> Pity. Groklaw is about more than just fighting SCO. It was instrumental
> in defeating other patent trolls and monopolisers, like IP Innovation
> LLC in its fraudulent claim against Red Hat.
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20100513121121635
>
> We need more sites like this, not less.
>
> Remember the Patent Troll Tracker, Richard Frenkel, who became the
> target of a bounty set by a thug called Raymond Niro?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Troll_Tracker
>
> Another soldier down.

No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
important proof. That does not represent developers, as they already
know how to program in various languages. Those numbers represents
anyone wanting to learn Internet software programming, including
educators, the students they teach and the self-taught.

Roy Schestowitz no longer sees a reason to post here. Many of the
advocates no longer post here, because it is unnecessary. I am
increasingly seeing similar to PJ, that I have no need to further
advocate Linux here, including posting the official FAQ.

I have other interests I wish to devote more time to, such as my
musical pursuits. Linux there plays an important role, augmenting my
musical talents.

So in short yes, PJ is correct. Linux has already won. Yes, there are
battles still going, a Linux mopping up operation still needs support
to put out the FUD wild fires that occasionally spring up, such
software patent FUD. Battles still rage, but Linux has won the war.

--
HPT

Snit

Apr 11, 2011, 12:24:18 AM4/11/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post
6fa19c7b-a757-48f7...@l11g2000yqb.googlegroups.com on 4/10/11
8:59 PM:

> Homer wrote:
>> Hardon spake thusly:
>>
>>> <http://slashdot.org/story/11/04/09/2315208/Groklaw-Declares-Victory-N...>
>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Pamela Jones announced that as of May 16th, she will no longer be
>>> updating groklaw [...]
>>> In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO initiated
>>> over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no more."
>>> </quote>
>>
>> Pity. Groklaw is about more than just fighting SCO. It was instrumental
>> in defeating other patent trolls and monopolisers, like IP Innovation
>> LLC in its fraudulent claim against Red Hat.
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20100513121121635
>>
>> We need more sites like this, not less.
>>
>> Remember the Patent Troll Tracker, Richard Frenkel, who became the
>> target of a bounty set by a thug called Raymond Niro?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Troll_Tracker
>>
>> Another soldier down.
>
> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
> important proof.

The fact it is increasing is great... but why use w3schools as your metric?
Oh, yeah, it supports your bias... when the better data shows Linux at under
2% (though that is up from under 1%).

> That does not represent developers, as they already know how to program in
> various languages.

You think developers do not go to w3schools.org! Thanks for the laugh!

> Those numbers represents anyone wanting to learn Internet
> software programming, including educators, the students they teach and the
> self-taught.
>
> Roy Schestowitz no longer sees a reason to post here. Many of the advocates no
> longer post here, because it is unnecessary. I am increasingly seeing similar
> to PJ, that I have no need to further advocate Linux here, including posting
> the official FAQ.

You will not be missed.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

peterwn

Apr 11, 2011, 12:34:29 AM4/11/11
On Apr 11, 3:15 am, 7

> Last week SCO$ stocks got de-listed from Stock Exchange.
> They failed to submit company accounting information
> for a full 2 years in a row. Probably in a bid to con investors.
> Just recently some SCO$ assets were being secretly sold
> to SCO$ partners in what could
> only be an illegal sale of assets outside of investor
> knowledge and outside of bankruptcy proceedings to con
> all those who lost money through SCO$.
So this begs the question about repayment of the $50M loan that SCO
got from some Canadian bank. But hang on - it was apparently
guaranteed by Micro$oft who probably paid out the bank long ago. And
Micro$oft 'would not be bothered' trying to chase SCO for it.

In other words a cute bit of money laundering.

Pamela indicated a while back she was going to write a book on the
whole episode. She has kept very quiet on aspects that impinged on her
personally, like the incident where private detectives apparently
bribed the building superintendent to open up her (apparently)
apartment after being foiled by a Medeco lock. Hope she writes about
this.

flatfish+++

Apr 11, 2011, 12:51:45 AM4/11/11

Excellent point!!

I take it all back :)

flatfish+++

Apr 11, 2011, 12:53:35 AM4/11/11

How true!

flatfish+++

Apr 11, 2011, 12:58:05 AM4/11/11

Because the Linux loons are stuffing the ballot box that's why.
They write scripts to keep hitting the site all day and night so it
looks like Linux has good numbers.

Snit

Apr 11, 2011, 4:50:41 AM4/11/11
flatfish+++ stated in post t5v360062etl$.1s3vwzg7...@40tude.net on
4/10/11 9:58 PM:

>>> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
>>> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
>>> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
>>> important proof.
>>
>> The fact it is increasing is great... but why use w3schools as your metric?
>> Oh, yeah, it supports your bias... when the better data shows Linux at under
>> 2% (though that is up from under 1%).
>
> Because the Linux loons are stuffing the ballot box that's why.
> They write scripts to keep hitting the site all day and night so it
> looks like Linux has good numbers.

Would not surprise me. Not one bit.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 11, 2011, 6:34:31 AM4/11/11
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> High Plains Thumper stated:

>> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
>> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
>> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
>> important proof.
>
> The fact it is increasing is great... but why use w3schools as your metric?
> Oh, yeah, it supports your bias... when the better data shows Linux at under
> 2% (though that is up from under 1%).

Liar, unable to answer this, the 151 individual quotes on the Snit
Circus of Pathological Lies:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/938429f72a06fb5b

Latest quotes:

17- Chris Ahlstrom (COLA): "Actually, many of the advocates are sick
death of Snit's never-ending puerile blather about trivialities. The
occasional reasonable conversations are too few and far between." 6
Mar
2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/811326833ba71864

67- Lawrence D'Oliveiro (COLA): "You seem to be full of complaints
about
your inability to hold up your end of the argument, aren’t you?" 16
Mar
2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8ca5f48099696228

75- Lusotec (COLA): "You have started threads on this subject many
times,
and many times it has been explained to you how X copy & paste should
work
and how bugs in a application are not bugs in the system, but still
you
return to this subject and post the same false statements." 09 Mar
2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/37032133fbe9db92

>> That does not represent developers, as they already know how to program in
>> various languages.
>
> You think developers do not go to w3schools.org!  Thanks for the laugh!

Best of the latest:

93- notlisted (COLA): "I actually like Apple. But I see you as an
asshole
who spends an embarassing percentage of your life posting derogatory
comments about a computer operating system you obviously detest, and
insulting those who defend it in a newsgroup dedicated its advocacy.
That's almost the definition of being an asshole, and you have half a
dozen buddies who do the same thing. You excuse what you do by
pretending
that you're merely pointing out problems in the hope that the system
will
be improved, but that's an obvious lie whether it's you saying it or
one
of your buds. You do it because you enjoy the feeling it gives you,
whatever that is." 07 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/90b57eaa796e8b14

--
HPT

William Poaster

Apr 11, 2011, 7:33:50 AM4/11/11

Michael Snit Glasser clinging to the "Linux at 1-2%" mantra like the rest
of the anti-linux trolls, which has been disproved many times, & even by
M$ themselves.

Snit

Apr 11, 2011, 8:22:44 AM4/11/11
William Poaster stated in post
pan.2011.04.11....@induh-vidual.net on 4/11/11 4:33 AM:

> Michael Snit Glasser clinging to the "Linux at 1-2%" mantra like the rest
> of the anti-linux trolls, which has been disproved many times, & even by
> M$ themselves.

Where has it been disproved? Seriously, if there is better data then please
show it. An unsupported slide from a distrusted company is hardly "better
data"

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Homer

Apr 11, 2011, 9:06:55 AM4/11/11
Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:

> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
> important proof.

Different sites provide different metrics, some claiming the GNU/Linux
desktop share is as low as <1%. But regardless of what Web statistics
claim, I know what I see with my own eyes, and that is the suppression
of GNU/Linux on the desktop.

Until I can walk into /any/ PC store and buy /any/ PC with a /choice/
of OS (or none at all), the problem is not over. Until I can be
absolutely guaranteed of a Windows-Tax refund, the problem is not over.
Until Microsoft is prohibited from bribing vendors to "recommend"
Windows and exclude competing platforms, the problem is not over.

In short, until Microsoft's monopoly is unambiguously crushed, the
problem is not over. AFAICT the only thing that will actually stop
Microsoft is if it ceases to exist, one way or another, since it is
clearly dedicated to monopolisation by any corrupt means possible.

Microsoft is a rabid dog, and the only solution is to put it down.

--
K. | "Linux hackers are on a mission
http://slated.org | from God" ~ The Vatican
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on sky |

kernel 2.6.31.5, up 55 days | http://tinyurl.com/linuxmission

chrisv

Apr 11, 2011, 9:22:38 AM4/11/11
> troll wrote:
>>
>> (about GNU/Linux)
>> It's still the world's most ignored desktop operating system.

But not, apparently, by the mentally-ill.

Nor by the monopolists in Redmond.

--
"Without windows all the glaring weaknesses if Linux would become as
apparent to you as they are to the others of us." - "True Linux

Zelda Sparks

Apr 11, 2011, 9:25:27 AM4/11/11

stupid turd "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

fsck off and die asshole.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

Snit

Apr 11, 2011, 3:00:54 PM4/11/11
Homer stated in post f0bb78-...@sky.matrix on 4/11/11 6:06 AM:

> Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
>
>> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's
>> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
>> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
>> important proof.
>
> Different sites provide different metrics, some claiming the GNU/Linux
> desktop share is as low as <1%. But regardless of what Web statistics
> claim, I know what I see with my own eyes, and that is the suppression
> of GNU/Linux on the desktop.

Suppression? What? How? By whom? And why don't these mysterious forces
also suppress Android?

> Until I can walk into /any/ PC store and buy /any/ PC with a /choice/
> of OS (or none at all), the problem is not over. Until I can be
> absolutely guaranteed of a Windows-Tax refund, the problem is not over.
> Until Microsoft is prohibited from bribing vendors to "recommend"
> Windows and exclude competing platforms, the problem is not over.

LOL! Ah, back to your the-world-owes-me claims. Yeah, even if they would
lose money on stocking systems *you* want, until stores do so they are being
"suppressed". Until they *lose* their freedom to select what merchandise to
carry - and do so in the way *you* want - then your rights are being hurt.
And that can only be if they are being "suppressed"... for they surely
cannot actually *not* want to carry the item you want to buy. That just is
beyond your ability to understand.

Utter absurdity. No store owes you having to carry a product you want.
None. And if not many people want it, as is the case with desktop Linux,
they will not carry it.

> In short, until Microsoft's monopoly is unambiguously crushed, the
> problem is not over. AFAICT the only thing that will actually stop
> Microsoft is if it ceases to exist, one way or another, since it is
> clearly dedicated to monopolisation by any corrupt means possible.

All because your local tech-mart does not want to carry what you want to
buy. Wah wah. Get over it. Who are you to want to limit the choices of
the tech-mart?

> Microsoft is a rabid dog, and the only solution is to put it down.

This has nothing to do with MS, unless they are the only tech-mart you are
going to. And you are just a fool to want the MS owed stores to have to
carry machines running Linux.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Clogwog

Apr 11, 2011, 3:35:29 PM4/11/11
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

Waving your hankie at Marti, *AGAIN* , George Hostler / Rafael?
http://fixunix.com/linux/257305-ot-ping-hpt.html
[Q]
Dear Rafaël (HPT),
For many years you have been a fantastic GNU/Linux advocate.
At first I thought that you were an American, but by the abusive behavior of
the Clogwog idiot, I understood that you are Dutch.
Clogwog, however, is a common troll, he is not specifically anti Linux.
Several Dutch, mainly Windows, newsgroups have showered me with complaints
concerning this rancid character.
I am friendly related to a teacher lawyer at the university of Maastricht,
but she has pointed out to me twice, that a lawsuit would fail, because it
is not known who clogwog really is.
Clogwog caused several Dutch people, in several Usenet newsgroups, mental
problems.
What we *can* do is to bash clogwog, in the same manner as he does to us.
Please come back, Rafaël, together we are strong!"
Kind regards, Marti
[Q/]

TomB

Apr 11, 2011, 5:37:50 PM4/11/11
On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of amicus_curious:

> "TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:
>>>
>>> (about GNU/Linux) It's still the world's most ignored desktop
>>> operating system.
>>
>> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used
>> when you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.
>>
> Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is
> also the most ignored.

So you think that there are no other desktop operating systems but
Windows, OSX and GNU/Linux?

> That's what having 1% will do to you. Think
> of it as the world's tallest midget.

--
Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
~ Woody Allen

Snit

Apr 11, 2011, 6:22:30 PM4/11/11
TomB stated in post 201104112...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/11/11 2:37
PM:

> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of amicus_curious:
>> "TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:

>>> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used
>>> when you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.
>>>
>> Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is
>> also the most ignored.
>
> So you think that there are no other desktop operating systems but
> Windows, OSX and GNU/Linux?

No significant ones.

>> That's what having 1% will do to you. Think
>> of it as the world's tallest midget.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

TomB

Apr 11, 2011, 7:15:53 PM4/11/11
On 2011-04-11, the following emerged from the brain of Snit:

> TomB stated in post 201104112...@usenet.drumscum.be on 4/11/11
> 2:37 PM:
>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of
>> amicus_curious:
>>> "TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is
>>> also the most ignored.
>>
>> So you think that there are no other desktop operating systems but
>> Windows, OSX and GNU/Linux?
>
> No significant ones.

It is not a matter of significance. Flatfish and amicus say that
GNU/Linux is the 'world's most ignored desktop operating system'.

While the statement by itself is inherently false (one cannot ignore
what one doesn't know about), it totally overlooks other
desktop-oriented operating systems such as FreeBSD (in particular the
PC-BSD and Desktop-BSD distributions) and AmigaOS4.

--
I'm not a bad guy! I work hard, and I love my kids. So why should
I spend half my Sunday hearing about how I'm going to Hell?

High Plains Thumper

Apr 12, 2011, 1:12:14 AM4/12/11
Snit wrote:
> William Poaster stated:

>> Michael Snit Glasser clinging to the "Linux at 1-2%" mantra like
>> the rest of the anti-linux trolls, which has been disproved many
>> times, & even by M$ themselves.
>
> Where has it been disproved? Seriously, if there is better data
> then please show it. An unsupported slide from a distrusted company
> is hardly "better data"

Liar.

[quote]
W3Schools Statistics

1,000,000,000 (One Billion) Pages Displayed in 2010
15 million Visitors Every Month
The largest WEB DEVELOPERS SITE on the Internet. [...]

Source: Google Analytics
[/quote]

http://w3schools.com/about/about_pagehits.asp

113- RonB (COLA): "Original subject line now killfiled. You can only
talk about the freaking clipboard for so many million freaking
messages. As I said, Snit has no common-sense, STOP mechanism. He's a
mechanically obsessive super crank and will go on forever. I'm not
kidding about this, he will *NEVER* *ever* stop." 6 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0df1e0164a8b586e

Rest of the 151 poster quotes on the Michael Snit Glasser Pathological
Lying Circus:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/938429f72a06fb5b

--
HPT

Hadron

Apr 12, 2011, 1:23:57 AM4/12/11
High Plains Thumper <highplai...@gmail.com> writes:

> Homer wrote:
>> Hardon spake thusly:
>>
>>> <http://slashdot.org/story/11/04/09/2315208/Groklaw-Declares-Victory-N...>
>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Pamela Jones announced that as of May 16th, she will no longer be
>>> updating groklaw [...]
>>> In a simple sentence, the reason is this: the crisis SCO initiated
>>> over Linux is over, and Linux won. SCO as we knew it is no more."
>>> </quote>
>>
>> Pity. Groklaw is about more than just fighting SCO. It was instrumental
>> in defeating other patent trolls and monopolisers, like IP Innovation
>> LLC in its fraudulent claim against Red Hat.
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20100513121121635
>>
>> We need more sites like this, not less.
>>
>> Remember the Patent Troll Tracker, Richard Frenkel, who became the
>> target of a bounty set by a thug called Raymond Niro?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_Troll_Tracker
>>
>> Another soldier down.
>
> No Homer, she has a point. Linux has expanded in spite of Microsoft's

Ah! HPT is trying to engage other "advocates" in debate....

"First Nym terms". A tact oft taken by Creepy Chris to "suck up". But
amazingly he uses first names like "Ron" and "HPT" and "chrisv" and
"Homer" and "Willy" (I could go on), but meanwhile calls other people
cowards for using nyms .... the mind boggles....

> and its agent's FUD efforts. Unix and variant (Linux) increases from
> 4.8% in 2003 to 13.2% in 2011, as expressed by w3schools.com is
> important proof. That does not represent developers, as they already

Huh? How?

> know how to program in various languages. Those numbers represents

Thats just WHO they represent you moron.

> anyone wanting to learn Internet software programming, including

"Internet SW programming"??? LOL!

> educators, the students they teach and the self-taught.

Stop! You're killing us!

> Roy Schestowitz no longer sees a reason to post here. Many of the
> advocates no longer post here, because it is unnecessary. I am
> increasingly seeing similar to PJ, that I have no need to further
> advocate Linux here, including posting the official FAQ.

You NEVER advocated Linux. All you ever did was talk about the SW you
pirate, your killfiles and Flatfish!

> I have other interests I wish to devote more time to, such as my
> musical pursuits. Linux there plays an important role, augmenting my
> musical talents.

What musical pursuits?

Hang on!

This is NOT HPT. Methinks it FF taking the mickey! Almost had me there;)

> So in short yes, PJ is correct. Linux has already won. Yes, there are
> battles still going, a Linux mopping up operation still needs support
> to put out the FUD wild fires that occasionally spring up, such
> software patent FUD. Battles still rage, but Linux has won the war.
>
> --
> HPT

Nice try FF;)))

Snit

Apr 12, 2011, 1:40:27 AM4/12/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post
0b55a7b6-10b0-4bdb...@w36g2000vbi.googlegroups.com on 4/11/11
10:12 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> William Poaster stated:
>>
>>> Michael Snit Glasser clinging to the "Linux at 1-2%" mantra like
>>> the rest of the anti-linux trolls, which has been disproved many
>>> times, & even by M$ themselves.
>>
>> Where has it been disproved? Seriously, if there is better data
>> then please show it. An unsupported slide from a distrusted company
>> is hardly "better data"
>
> Liar.
>
> [quote]
> W3Schools Statistics
>
> 1,000,000,000 (One Billion) Pages Displayed in 2010
> 15 million Visitors Every Month
> The largest WEB DEVELOPERS SITE on the Internet. [...]
>
> Source: Google Analytics
> [/quote]
>
> http://w3schools.com/about/about_pagehits.asp

So where is the lie? For crying out loud, if you are going to accuse me of
being like you (dishonest) at least try to show it!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

William Poaster

Apr 12, 2011, 7:44:31 AM4/12/11
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:12:14 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Snit wrote:
>> William Poaster stated:
>>
>>> Michael Snit Glasser clinging to the "Linux at 1-2%" mantra like the
>>> rest of the anti-linux trolls, which has been disproved many times, &
>>> even by M$ themselves.
>>
>> Where has it been disproved? Seriously, if there is better data then
>> please show it. An unsupported slide from a distrusted company is
>> hardly "better data"
>
> Liar.

And typical of an idiotic troll, replying to someone who has had him
binned for a long time.

amicus_curious

Apr 12, 2011, 9:37:35 AM4/12/11

> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of amicus_curious:
>> "TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:

>>> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used
>>> when you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.
>>>
>> Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is
>> also the most ignored.
>
> So you think that there are no other desktop operating systems but
> Windows, OSX and GNU/Linux?

Well, there may be, Tom, but they are almost totally ignored if they do
exist, eh? Are you putting up your own candidate for "most ignored"? I
would not have thought that the category would be so contentious! LOL!

Hadron

Apr 12, 2011, 10:01:37 AM4/12/11
TomB <tommy.b...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of amicus_curious:
>> "TomB" <tommy.b...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On 2011-04-10, the following emerged from the brain of flatfish+++:

>>> Actually it is the third most used desktop operating system used
>>> when you look at it worldwide, and even second most in some areas.
>>>
>> Well, it is both at the same time, eh? It is third and yet it is
>> also the most ignored.
>
> So you think that there are no other desktop operating systems but
> Windows, OSX and GNU/Linux?

You really think that he thinks that? Lame. You really are "Son Of
Liarmutt" at times.

Even IF there were real "home alternatives" they don't even register in
the context being discussed. Context and general usage seem like alien
concepts to you. Why is that? Did you live in a bubble?

flatfish+++

Apr 12, 2011, 10:38:21 AM4/12/11

Not me.
It's someone in California.

Snit

Apr 12, 2011, 11:05:08 AM4/12/11
William Poaster stated in post
pan.2011.04.12....@induh-vidual.net on 4/12/11 4:44 AM:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:12:14 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>> William Poaster stated:

>>> Where has it been disproved? Seriously, if there is better data then
>>> please show it. An unsupported slide from a distrusted company is
>>> hardly "better data"
>>
>> Liar.
>
> And typical of an idiotic troll, replying to someone who has had him
> binned for a long time.

Oh no! People in COLA respond to your comments! Man, how horrible!

It amazes me how many people in COLA think that when they merely claim to
have someone kill filed this means that the person cannot see and respond to
their posts. How many years have they been using Usenet? And they still do
not get that making public claims such as that do not make their comments
invisible to others. Just weird.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 12, 2011, 10:30:44 PM4/12/11
Snit wrote:
> William Poaster stated:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> Liar.
>>
>> And typical of an idiotic troll, replying to someone who has had
>> him binned for a long time.
>
> Oh no!

John Slade: "Snit, you have a enough problems as it is without adding
drinking booze to the list. How the hell did you manage to get out of
my
killfile? Oh well back into the cage you go, PLONK." 13 Oct 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.wine/msg/992a796786a541d8

> People in COLA respond to your comments!

97- Owl (COLA): "You have interacted with me often enough to know that
I never initiate personal attacks. I generally respond in kind. It
is
you who usually fall off the civility wagon first, with your
ironically condescending canned responses that do nothing for your
argument and
generally shine a spotlight on the desperation that you are so fearful
of projecting." 5 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8debf93e05da4d26

> Man, how horrible!

98- Patrick Nihill: "I mean, honestly, who would you rather discuss
something with; Dan, or someone like Zara? Or, for that matter, Snit,
for whom the work 'troll' seems so painfully inadequate?" 13 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/f93db68e683ad769

> It amazes me how many people in COLA think that when they merely
> claim to have someone kill filed this means that the person cannot
> see and respond to their posts.

85- Mr. Blonde: "Lastly, I can't help but comment on the fact that
your obsession with Sandman has actually grown since you claimed to KF
him.
Killfilling someone generally implies you're ignoring that person, yet
you piggyback onto virtually every reply to him here and and check his
website's validation status more often than most people check their e-
mail. These are not the actions of a mentally balanced individual."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2b005666ab303e2b

> How many years have they been using Usenet?

74- Lewis: "hasn't this fight been going on for like 8 years now? I
don't think anything is ever going to fix snit." 02 Mar 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/98ef8bca6b3a9b34

> And they still do not get that making public claims such as that do
> not make their comments invisible to others.

75- Lusotec (COLA): "You have started threads on this subject many

times, and many times it has been explained to you how X copy & paste
should work and how bugs in a application are not bugs in the system,
but still you return to this subject and post the same false
statements." 09 Mar 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/37032133fbe9db92

> Just weird.

103- Peter Hayes: "True, but that removes Snit completely, and
someti... err..... occasiona.... errrrr..... once in a blue moon he
has something
useful to say." 20 Mar 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/8a31a47e26c5f5b7

--
HPT

Snit

Apr 12, 2011, 10:45:29 PM4/12/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post
2de83f96-2944-4cdd...@r6g2000vbz.googlegroups.com on 4/12/11
7:30 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> William Poaster stated:

>>> And typical of an idiotic troll, replying to someone who has had
>>> him binned for a long time.
>>

>> Oh no! People in COLA respond to your comments!
>>
>> Man, how horrible!

>> It amazes me how many people in COLA think that when they merely
>> claim to have someone kill filed this means that the person cannot
>> see and respond to their posts.
>>

>> How many years have they been using Usenet?
>>

>> And they still do not get that making public claims such as that do
>> not make their comments invisible to others.
>>

>> Just weird.

You had nothing to say?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 12, 2011, 11:05:09 PM4/12/11
Snit wrote:
> [...]
>> I don't think anything is ever going to fix snit." 02 Mar 2010
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/98ef8bca6b3a9b34
>>
>>> And they still do not get that making public claims such as that
>>> do not make their comments invisible to others.
>>
>> 75- Lusotec (COLA): "You have started threads on this subject many
>> times, and many times it has been explained to you how X copy&
>> paste should work and how bugs in a application are not bugs in the
>> system, but still you return to this subject and post the same
>> false statements." 09 Mar 2011
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/37032133fbe9db92
>>
>>> Just weird.
>>
>> 103- Peter Hayes: "True, but that removes Snit completely, and
>> someti... err..... occasiona.... errrrr..... once in a blue moon
>> he has something useful to say." 20 Mar 2007

Oh yes! There is more:

7- BaJoRi: "You know it, and I know it, and everyone else who has read
your idiocy knows it. I took your statement, showed it to be wrong,
then
added even more, just to be a dick and REALLY show you to be a fool.
You
need to judiciously snip out pertinent points because you are an
intellectually dwarfed turd-burglar." 11 Nov 2008

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.vacation.las-vegas/msg/647944511b74b82f

Rest of the 151 poster quotes on the Michael Snit Glasser Pathological

Lies are here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/938429f72a06fb5b

--
HPT

Snit

Apr 12, 2011, 11:06:49 PM4/12/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post
0f9353c4-c8f4-46c7...@o15g2000prn.googlegroups.com on 4/12/11
8:05 PM:

More? But above you said *nothing*.

> 7- BaJoRi: "You know it, and I know it, and everyone else who has read
> your idiocy knows it. I took your statement, showed it to be wrong,
> then
> added even more, just to be a dick and REALLY show you to be a fool.
> You
> need to judiciously snip out pertinent points because you are an
> intellectually dwarfed turd-burglar." 11 Nov 2008
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.vacation.las-vegas/msg/647944511b74b82f
>
> Rest of the 151 poster quotes on the Michael Snit Glasser Pathological
> Lies are here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/938429f72a06fb5b
>
> --
> HPT

And you still have nothing to say. Not a word. Why are you posting when
you have *nothing* to say?

Oh, and if you are going to call someone a liar, at least try to quote
them... you know - lying!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Apr 13, 2011, 9:22:29 AM4/13/11
Snit wrote:

> And you still have nothing to say.  Not a word.  Why are you posting when
> you have *nothing* to say?
>
> Oh, and if you are going to call someone a liar, at least try to quote
> them... you know - lying!

32- fibercut: "The one common thing among all of this seems to be you.
I hate to be like this, but facts are facts. You seem to be in the
middle of a great percentage of arguments. CSMA has become less about
Macs and more about "look everybody, I think he lied". Is there no end
then all this picking at each other on such a personal level. CSMA has
always been always little adversarial but you have personally crank it
up to the point that this place is no longer fun. Congratulations on
stopping CSMA and making this place your own personal circus." 12 Jan
2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/bbe695bbc3424ab6

Latest comment on Snit's trolling:

152- amicus_curious (COLA): "You have a useless outlook on things,
snit. Maybe that is the root of your inability to grasp fundamentals.
[...] You don't understand that and you try to sneer but you just look
stupid to me." 13 Apr 2011

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/a6d08afd1da82e7c

--
HPT

chrisv

Apr 13, 2011, 9:47:16 AM4/13/11
>> Oh, and if you are going to call someone a liar, at least try to quote
>> them... you know - lying!

"Frankly I have been surprised at how many Linux users have been
viciously against choice... given that they use the term as a mantra."
- Shit

Eli Gold

Apr 13, 2011, 9:51:20 AM4/13/11

documented liar "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Oh, and if you are going to call someone a liar, at least try to quote
>>> them... you know - lying!

more documented lies from the stupid piece of shit liar.

Snit

Apr 13, 2011, 1:43:54 PM4/13/11
High Plains Thumper stated in post
e8fba88f-87d8-4612...@a19g2000prj.googlegroups.com on 4/13/11
6:22 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> And you still have nothing to say.  Not a word.  Why are you posting when
>> you have *nothing* to say?
>>
>> Oh, and if you are going to call someone a liar, at least try to quote
>> them... you know - lying!
>
> 32- fibercut:

Not me.

> Latest comment on Snit's trolling:
>
> 152- amicus_curious (COLA):

Not me.

See, you *cannot* quote me doing as you accuse. Cannot. Period.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]