Attn: WINDOWS users

zara

Oct 9, 2007, 7:59:04 PM10/9/07
Go to: microsoft.com

Click "downloads"

Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)

This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
Leopard.

WARNING!!!!

FOR WINDOWS USERS ONLY!!!

Message has been deleted

zara

Oct 9, 2007, 8:32:39 PM10/9/07

"Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message
> In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>
>> Click "downloads"
>>
>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>
>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>> Leopard.
>
> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> in the Mac newsgroups.

That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

Message has been deleted

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 9, 2007, 8:44:09 PM10/9/07
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:40:18 -0400, Bob Campbell <b...@bob.bob> wrote:

>In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>

>That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
>worth every penny you pay for it.
>
>Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.

A lot of times people are swayed by the label.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=414656&in_page_id=1770

zara

Oct 9, 2007, 8:54:56 PM10/9/07

> In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come
>> close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe
>> that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
> worth every penny you pay for it.
>
> Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.

Quite a profound statement.

I didn't realize you knew nothing about wines.

John McWilliams

Oct 9, 2007, 9:04:33 PM10/9/07

If it's good enough for Egon, it's good enough for me.

advocacy removed.

--
john mcwilliams

Message has been deleted

Jim Lee Jr.

Oct 9, 2007, 9:33:46 PM10/9/07
In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> There are some tightass's there who come close to some of the Mac users here.

You misspelled "tightasses."

--
Posted from my 1999 Apple G4 Sawtooth
A 450 MHz G4 running OS X 10.4.8

Snit

Oct 9, 2007, 10:31:18 PM10/9/07
On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message

> > In article <VxUOi.5280$a8.1...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

> > "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
> >> Go to: microsoft.com
>
> >> Click "downloads"
>
> >> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>
> >> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
> >> Leopard.
>
> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive? I prefer
dry over sweet. Seriously... even a decent Pinot noir would be fine.
I try to stay away from added nitrates which makes things a challenge.

ZnU

Oct 9, 2007, 11:25:51 PM10/9/07
In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

I guess if you're stuck on a platform where you can't even install the
latest major version of the operating system because it's still so
buggy, it might be nice to get an update for your six year old operating
system.

It's a little sad, though. I think I'd rather stick to a platform where
new major versions of the operating system are actually worth
installing. I'll be installing one in the next three or four weeks....

--
"More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming
out any other way."
--George W. Bush in Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 10, 2007, 3:34:24 AM10/10/07
hOn Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:31:18 -0700, Snit <brockmc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

You've always struck me as the kind of man who would like a bottle of
Thunderbird.

--

Why settle for the lesser evil?
Cthulhu for president 2008

Jolly Roger

Oct 10, 2007, 6:47:59 AM10/10/07
On 2007-10-09 19:04:28 -0500, Bob Campbell <b...@bob.bob> said:

> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> in the Mac newsgroups.
>

> Bob Campbell

Quit feeding the troll.

Message has been deleted

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 7:28:05 AM10/10/07

"Snit" <brockmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message

> Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive? I prefer
> dry over sweet. Seriously... even a decent Pinot noir would be fine.
> I try to stay away from added nitrates which makes things a challenge.

Certainly - do you have a price range in mind?

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 7:32:12 AM10/10/07

"ZnU" <z...@fake.invalid> wrote in message

> In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>
>> Click "downloads"
>>
>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>
>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>> Leopard.
>>

>> WARNING!!!!
>>
>> FOR WINDOWS USERS ONLY!!!
>
> I guess if you're stuck on a platform where you can't even install the
> latest major version of the operating system because it's still so
> buggy, it might be nice to get an update for your six year old operating
> system.
>
> It's a little sad, though. I think I'd rather stick to a platform where
> new major versions of the operating system are actually worth
> installing. I'll be installing one in the next three or four weeks....

And you will be patching it for the next two years.

Sandman

Oct 10, 2007, 7:44:51 AM10/10/07
In article <AK2Pi.1104$k9...@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

zara said, while downloading the latest patch for Windows XP, which he
even created a thread about!

This is one of your funniest threads. You've taken your cluelessness
to a new level. Kudos!

--
Sandman[.net]

Kurt Ullman

Oct 10, 2007, 8:14:10 AM10/10/07
In article <bob-6451D6.2...@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,
Bob Campbell <b...@bob.bob> wrote:

> In article <apVOi.3565$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
> > > Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.
> >

> > Quite a profound statement.
> >
> > I didn't realize you knew nothing about wines.
>

> So you drink Mad Dog? That certainly explains your irrational posts
> here.
>
> Bob Campbell

I have a friend who swears that MD 20/20 is what is left over at the
bottom of the vat when they make Prestone (g).

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 9:47:27 AM10/10/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

You don't know what I downloaded. Ignorance is bliss.

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 9:48:06 AM10/10/07

"Kurt Ullman" <kurtu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

He's wrong. It's Acetone.

George Kerby

Oct 10, 2007, 10:18:56 AM10/10/07

On 10/9/07 7:32 PM, in article h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

Jealousy is a bitch, ain't it, "zero"?

George Kerby

Oct 10, 2007, 10:19:35 AM10/10/07

On 10/9/07 7:40 PM, in article
bob-F61296.2...@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net, "Bob Campbell"
<b...@bob.bob> wrote:

> In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>

>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>

> That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
> worth every penny you pay for it.
>

> Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.
>

> Bob Campbell
"It" wouldn't know the difference...

Sandman

Oct 10, 2007, 10:55:10 AM10/10/07
In article <nJ4Pi.180$va...@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> >> And you will be patching it for the next two years.
> >
> > zara said, while downloading the latest patch for Windows XP, which he
> > even created a thread about!
> >
> > This is one of your funniest threads. You've taken your cluelessness
> > to a new level. Kudos!
>
> You don't know what I downloaded.

I sure as hell know what you DIDN'T download. :)

> Ignorance is bliss.

How does bliss makes you feel, zara? :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 10:58:45 AM10/10/07

"George Kerby" <ghost_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

"Jealous"? Of what? Your mac? Your money? Your palate? Your car? Your
women? Your house? - nah - they're all substandard.

ZnU

Oct 10, 2007, 11:56:34 AM10/10/07
In article <AK2Pi.1104$k9...@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

You mean unlike XP, which you're bragging about still patching after six
years?

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 1:16:19 PM10/10/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

No viruses, ever. No BSOD ever. Sheer Bliss.

Sandman

Oct 10, 2007, 1:26:40 PM10/10/07
In article <aN7Pi.276$va....@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

zara - ignorance personified! And you don't even seem to want to hide
it. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

George Kerby

Oct 10, 2007, 2:00:46 PM10/10/07

On 10/10/07 9:58 AM, in article cM5Pi.217$g9....@bignews8.bellsouth.net,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

The only "sub-" in here is the size of anything pertaining to your anatomy.

George Kerby

Oct 10, 2007, 2:03:00 PM10/10/07

On 10/10/07 12:16 PM, in article aN7Pi.276$va....@bignews4.bellsouth.net,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> Sheer Bliss.

Imbeciles are easily amused.

Jim Lee Jr.

Oct 10, 2007, 2:17:37 PM10/10/07
In article <aN7Pi.276$va....@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> No viruses, ever. No BSOD ever. Sheer bliss.

No viruses either on my Macs. No BSOD ever. Sheer bliss using the Mac.

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 4:31:39 PM10/10/07

"George Kerby" <ghost_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Is that why you beat your meat to a pulp?

Randall Ainsworth

Oct 10, 2007, 5:59:07 PM10/10/07
<ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> No viruses, ever. No BSOD ever. Sheer Bliss.

A liar and a retard...

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 6:03:37 PM10/10/07

"George Kerby" <ghost_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sorry for your disappointment.

Message has been deleted

zara

Oct 10, 2007, 8:13:19 PM10/10/07

"TH O" <t...@tho.23.invalid> wrote in message

> In article <aN7Pi.276$va....@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>

>> No viruses, ever. No BSOD ever. Sheer Bliss.
>
> Either you don't receive email or you never have plugged the PC into a
> network.

clever,-- in your mind I'm sure.

Sandman

Oct 11, 2007, 2:20:12 AM10/11/07
In article <6UdPi.495$g9....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

How did it make your mind feel?

--
Sandman[.net]

John C. Randolph

Oct 11, 2007, 3:23:40 AM10/11/07
On 2007-10-09 17:32:39 -0700, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> said:

> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message
>> In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
>> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>>
>>> Click "downloads"
>>>
>>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>>
>>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>>> Leopard.
>>
>> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
>> in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> That was done for a reason.

You were posting while drunk?

-jcr

zara

Oct 11, 2007, 8:43:53 AM10/11/07

"John C. Randolph" <jcr.n...@nospam.mac.com> wrote in message

HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken, you
didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do you suck
down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

zara

Oct 11, 2007, 8:46:13 AM10/11/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

How strange "Foreigners" are.

DanKegel

Oct 11, 2007, 8:48:57 AM10/11/07
On Oct 9, 7:31 pm, Snit <brockmcnugg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote:
> > > Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.
> >
> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > in the Mac newsgroups.
> >
> > That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> > to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> > the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive?

Sure. Ever heard of two-buck Chuck?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

And, just to stay on topic for the advocacy groups, http://winehq.org
is coming along nicely... it can run Photoshop CS2 pretty well now,
and world domination can't be far behind :-)
- Dan

George Kerby

Oct 11, 2007, 9:19:15 AM10/11/07

On 10/10/07 5:03 PM, in article w_bPi.1203$L7....@bignews3.bellsouth.net,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

Why should I be disappointed that you have Hydrocephalus?!?

Edwin

Oct 11, 2007, 10:50:02 AM10/11/07
On Oct 9, 7:44 pm, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.of.rl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:40:18 -0400, Bob Campbell <b...@bob.bob> wrote:
> >In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> > "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
> >> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> >> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> >> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> >That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
> >worth every penny you pay for it.
>
> >Expensive wines are generally better than MD 20/20 also.
>
> A lot of times people are swayed by the label.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_arti...

It seems convenient for Bob to ignore the Mayor's reply...

Edwin

Oct 11, 2007, 11:57:02 AM10/11/07
On Oct 9, 9:31 pm, Snit <brockmcnugg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>

> > "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message

> > > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > > in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> > That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> > to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> > the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive? I prefer
> dry over sweet. Seriously... even a decent Pinot noir would be fine.
> I try to stay away from added nitrates which makes things a challenge.

Can anybody recommend a good, dry vintage of butane for Snit to
huff? He likes to stay away from added nitrates. Thanks in advance.

Mayor of R'lyeh

Oct 11, 2007, 12:31:55 PM10/11/07

Why should Bob work with facts when his myths are so much more
supporting of his positions? 8)

Sandman

Oct 11, 2007, 2:14:46 PM10/11/07
In article <XVoPi.150$m8....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> >> clever,-- in your mind I'm sure.
> >
> > How did it make your mind feel?
>
> How strange "Foreigners" are.

Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

Jim Gibson

Oct 11, 2007, 8:04:54 PM10/11/07
In article <mr-EF2E7B.20...@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman
<m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article <XVoPi.150$m8....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

[blah,blah]

> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.

Thanks!

--
Jim Gibson

http://www.usenet.com

Adam Kesher

Oct 11, 2007, 8:48:13 PM10/11/07
On Oct 11, 5:48 am, DanKegel <daniel.r.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > > in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> > > That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> > > to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> > > the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> > Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive?
>
> Sure. Ever heard of two-buck Chuck?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

Eesh. Hangover in a bottle. Avoid. Save a few pennies and spring
for this:

http://www.wine-club-central.com/detail.aspx?ID=8103

Or this:

http://www.shopritewines.com/sku00982.html

Or if you want to go the pinot noir route, try these:

http://www.stinnocentwine.com/NewFiles/pnth05.html

http://winegeeks.com/wines/1339

http://www.northwest-wine.com/domaine-drouhin-pinot-noir-2000.html

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 12:40:32 AM10/12/07

"Jim Gibson" <jgi...@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message

> In article <mr-EF2E7B.20...@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman
> <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <XVoPi.150$m8....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
>> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>>
> [blah,blah]
>

>> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D
>
> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.

NEWSFLASH!!! He doesn't want to "get rid" of us. We give his sad, little,
tawdry life, meaning. Like all the rest of you Macfish. I would say that
it's a good symbiotic relationship. Some of you want to be abused - we
want to abuse you. We are after all, only trying to make you happy. At
great cost to us, I might add.

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 12:44:07 AM10/12/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 3:49:50 AM10/12/07
In article <111020071704542867%jgi...@mail.arc.nasa.gov>,
Jim Gibson <jgi...@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> > Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D
>
> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.
>
> Thanks!

We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
groups.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 4:04:04 AM10/12/07
In article <AUCPi.610$E7....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

> "Jim Gibson" <jgi...@mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote in message
> > In article <mr-EF2E7B.20...@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman
> > <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> >
> >> In article <XVoPi.150$m8....@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
> >> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
> >>
> > [blah,blah]
> >

> >> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D
> >
> > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.
>
> NEWSFLASH!!! He doesn't want to "get rid" of us. We give his sad, little,
> tawdry life, meaning.

My, you described my life 100%. I feel so sad and hurt right now. You
really nailed it. I'm hurting. Please somebody help me. I'm just a
shadow of my former self.

I'm crying...

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 4:05:02 AM10/12/07
In article <YXCPi.612$E7....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

> >> How strange "Foreigners" are.
> >
> > Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D
>
> So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

Whoa! What a comeback! You really slapped me in the face with that
one, zara! Damn you're good at this. How could I ever compete with
your superior wit?

Damn, do I feel humiliated or what?

--
Sandman[.net]

John C. Randolph

Oct 12, 2007, 6:57:18 AM10/12/07
On 2007-10-11 05:43:53 -0700, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> said:

> HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken,
> you didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do
> you suck down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and
saw that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves
(rather like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

-jcr

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 8:39:02 AM10/12/07

"John C. Randolph" <jcr.n...@nospam.mac.com> wrote in message

Oh - drugs. That explains a lot.

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 8:41:30 AM10/12/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

You got it backwards. You're supposed to feel happy. I am trying hard to
help you.

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 8:43:02 AM10/12/07

"Sandman" <m...@sandman.net> wrote in message

Keep trying. "Practice makes perfect".

> Damn, do I feel humiliated or what?

Don't. It's only part of the "learning experience". Very similar to the
"mac experience".

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 9:20:12 AM10/12/07
In article <WYJPi.1574$s9....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

Damn, you used quote marks! What to do? What to do?

--
Sandman[.net]

Tim Streater

Oct 12, 2007, 9:23:00 AM10/12/07
In article <9VJPi.1568$s9....@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

You still here? Do run away and play, sonny, there's a good boy.

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 9:31:38 AM10/12/07

"Tim Streater" <tim.st...@dante.org.uk> wrote in message

I love it here. I love getting under your skin.

John C. Randolph

Oct 12, 2007, 9:41:48 AM10/12/07

Project much?

-jcr

Message has been deleted

zara

Oct 12, 2007, 10:39:28 AM10/12/07

"Michelle Steiner" <mich...@michelle.org> wrote in message

>> > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of
>> > them.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
>> Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
>> groups.
>
> One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> is one of the "real Mac groups".

Yeah - it's the one with the "real" Macshitheads.

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 10:47:02 AM10/12/07
In article <michelle-459FB3...@news.east.cox.net>,
Michelle Steiner <mich...@michelle.org> wrote:

> > > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of
> > > them.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
> > Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
> > groups.
>

> One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> is one of the "real Mac groups".

Ooops, Sorry. :-D

I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

--
Sandman[.net]

Michael Pronay

Oct 12, 2007, 10:47:55 AM10/12/07
"zara" <za...@x.net> wrote:

> [...]

M.

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 10:47:49 AM10/12/07
In article <tGKPi.807$E7...@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
"zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:

You get under his skin by using drugs? Weird.

--
Sandman[.net]

Michael Pronay

Oct 12, 2007, 10:48:27 AM10/12/07

George Graves

Oct 12, 2007, 2:32:47 PM10/12/07
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:49:50 -0700, Sandman wrote
(in article <mr-5949D7.09...@News.Individual.NET>):

Good idea except that it doesn't seem to work. Zero, for instance, has spread
his infection to other Mac groups.

Sandman

Oct 12, 2007, 2:48:42 PM10/12/07
In article <0001HW.C3350BDF...@news.comcast.net>,
George Graves <gmgr...@comcast.net> wrote:

We must work harder. Make him feel like he is taking advantage of us.
It seems to work.

--
Sandman[.net]

RubyTuesday

Oct 12, 2007, 3:37:56 PM10/12/07
In article <mr-79FEFB.20...@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

Yes, it's called feeding the trolls.

Ruby

Warren Oates

Oct 12, 2007, 4:20:45 PM10/12/07
In article <mr-38BF65.16...@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> > One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> > is one of the "real Mac groups".
>
> Ooops, Sorry. :-D
>
> I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

The important thing is to make sure he doesn't find out how to get
access to our _private_ Mac group; please be careful what you say here,
I'd hate if if we had to moderate the thing.
--
W. Oates

George Kerby

Oct 12, 2007, 5:53:37 PM10/12/07

On 10/12/07 3:20 PM, in article 470fd6f2$0$24142$c3e...@news.astraweb.com,
"Warren Oates" <warren...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sssssssshhhhhhhh!

NOW you've done it!!!

As Keifer S. would say, "DAMMIT!".

:-)

me

Oct 12, 2007, 8:41:12 PM10/12/07
On Oct 9, 8:32 pm, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message

> > In article <VxUOi.5280$a8.1...@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,
> > "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
> >> Go to: microsoft.com
>
> >> Click "downloads"
>
> >> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>
> >> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
> >> Leopard.

> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

It's not a matter of expense, it's using what's best for the job. If
you don't want it, don't use it. No one is holding a gun to your
head. Now run along and play with your toys.....shoo.... The grown
ups here have work to do.

John Slade

Oct 12, 2007, 9:30:26 PM10/12/07

"Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message
> In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>
>> Click "downloads"
>>
>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>
>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>> Leopard.
>
> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> in the Mac newsgroups.

Haven't you heard, Macs run Windows now. So this inform is totally
relevant here.

John

John Slade

Oct 12, 2007, 9:33:35 PM10/12/07

"Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message
> In article <h4VOi.3517$s8....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,

> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>
>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come
>> close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe
>> that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
> worth every penny you pay for it.

And Windows is worth every penny you pay for it too to some people. To
me OS X is lacking so it is not worth every penny I pay for it. Linux is
worth every penny to some and to others it's of no use to them. Please don't
confuse opinions with facts. I've used all of those OSes at one time or
another and they all have good points and bad points.

John

John Slade

Oct 12, 2007, 9:37:17 PM10/12/07

"Snit" <brockmc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message

>> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as
>> > us
>> > in the Mac newsgroups.
>>
>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come
>> close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe
>> that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.
>
> Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive? I prefer
> dry over sweet. Seriously... even a decent Pinot noir would be fine.
> I try to stay away from added nitrates which makes things a challenge.

Snit, you have a enough problems as it is without adding drinking
booze to the list. How the hell did you manage to get out of my killfile? Oh
well back into the cage you go, PLONK.

John

Message has been deleted

Jolly Roger

Oct 12, 2007, 11:49:21 PM10/12/07
On 2007-10-12 09:47:02 -0500, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> said:

> Ooops, Sorry. :-D
>
> I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

Then kindly trim legitimate news groups from your reply headers in the future.

Jolly Roger

Oct 12, 2007, 11:51:36 PM10/12/07
On 2007-10-12 08:20:12 -0500, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> said:

> What to do? What to do?

Adding dork to your kill file rather than responding to dork's silly
posts would be a good start.

Sandman

Oct 13, 2007, 1:56:59 AM10/13/07
In article <2007101222513611272-jollyroger@poboxcom>,
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

That kind of defeats the purpose of this group...

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Oct 13, 2007, 1:57:15 AM10/13/07
In article <200710122249218930-jollyroger@poboxcom>,
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

Yes, I'll try to think about that.

--
Sandman[.net]

David Fritzinger

Oct 13, 2007, 4:58:51 PM10/13/07
In article <mr-675C34.07...@News.Individual.NET>,
Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

Sadly, zero has already found comp.sys.mac.system, and has originated
several threads there.

--
Dave Fritzinger
Honolulu, HI

zara

Oct 13, 2007, 5:37:40 PM10/13/07

"David Fritzinger" <dfri...@nospam.mac.com> wrote in message

FYI: I know where they all are. The best places are the ones I fish.

John C. Randolph

Oct 14, 2007, 10:23:41 AM10/14/07

I wonder what kind of drugs they are that keep him from realizing what
an ass he makes of himself.

-jcr

nospamatall

Oct 15, 2007, 4:05:35 PM10/15/07
zara wrote:
> "Bob Campbell" <b...@bob.bob> wrote in message
>> In article <VxUOi.5280$a8....@bignews7.bellsouth.net>,

>> "zara" <ze...@jupiterisland.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>>
>>> Click "downloads"
>>>
>>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>>
>>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>>> Leopard.
>> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
>> in the Mac newsgroups.
>
> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

So you're a wine philistine too?