[VOTE] Core Committee Election January 2022

Vincent de Lau

Jan 15, 2022, 11:51:37 AM1/15/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hello everyone,

Yesterday the nomination period ended, and we got 7 nominations in total, which is great!
For the secretary seat, we have one uncontested nomination. For the Core Committee, we have 6 nominations against 4 available seats, so this means that we will be holding a proper election, starting now! The nominees are (in temporal order of nomination): You can find information about the nominees inside the linked nomination thread. Full information about the Core Committee vote and role is visible in the bylaws here: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#the-core-committee Who can vote? As specified in the bylaws, the vote for CC members is open to Project Representatives and individuals from the community. To be eligible to vote as an individual, the bylaw established the following threshold:: "Any individual that has posted a non-trivial message in the official FIG venue (mailing list, forum, etc.) at least five (5) times within the past calendar year as of the start of nominations [...] is eligible to vote on Core Committee candidates." We will obviously consider Discord in this account; feel free to reach to me or any other secretary to check on the matter. When can you vote? Voting will be open in this thread until January 29th 17:00 UTC.
How to vote
Votes are cast by replying in this thread on the list. For individuals that have not used the mailing list before, please be sure to identify yourself, for instance by including your Discord or Github handle.
The voting system used is STV[1][2], so basically, there is no tactical voting possible (like with FPTP); vote for who you want, even if they are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a different candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have enough votes; if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also re-allocated so you are not punished for backing popular candidates either. There is no quorum, you are of course entitled to not vote and it will not count as a missed vote on the voting sheet. Rank all the candidates in order of preference for example: 1. Luke 2. Leia 3. Anakin 4. Rey 5. Padmé 6. Finn At the end of the voting phase, secretaries will be announcing the results, and all the newly elected (both CC members and secretary). Thanks, and happy voting! Alessandro Lai and Vincent de Lau PHP-FIG Secretary [1]: STV User-friendly Explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI [2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote

Alex Makarov

Jan 15, 2022, 1:53:49 PM1/15/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting as Yii representative:

1. Korvin Szanto
2. Navarr Barnier
3. Ken Guest
4. Enrico Zimuel
5. Chris Tankersley
6. Florian Engelhardt

Matteo Beccati

Jan 16, 2022, 4:56:03 AM1/16/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting for Revive Adserver:

1. Enrico Zimuel
2. Florian Engelhardt
3. Ken Guest
4. Chris Tankersley
5. Korvin Szanto
6. Navarr Barnier

Cheers

--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/

Larry Garfield

Jan 17, 2022, 12:36:06 PM1/17/22
to PHP-FIG
Ken Guest
Chris Tankersley
Navarr Barnier
Korvin Szanto
Enrico Zimuel
Florian Engelhardt

--
Larry Garfield
la...@garfieldtech.com

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022, at 10:51 AM, Vincent de Lau wrote:
> [...]
> voting possible (like with FPTP); vote for who you want, even if they
> are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a
> different candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have
> enough votes; if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also
> re-allocated so you are not punished for backing popular candidates
> either. There is no quorum, you are of course entitled to not vote and
> it will not count as a missed vote on the voting sheet. Rank all the
> candidates in order of preference for example: 1. Luke 2. Leia 3.
> Anakin 4. Rey 5. Padmé 6. Finn At the end of the voting phase,
> secretaries will be announcing the results, and all the newly elected
> (both CC members and secretary). Thanks, and happy voting! Alessandro
> Lai and Vincent de Lau PHP-FIG Secretary [1]: STV User-friendly

Ben Edmunds

Jan 18, 2022, 10:26:42 AM1/18/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
1. Korvin Szanto
2. Chris Tankersley
3. Ken Guest
4. Navarr Barnier
5. Enrico Zimuel
6. Florian Engelhardt

Nikolaos Dimopoulos

Jan 18, 2022, 10:42:24 AM1/18/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
PhalconPHP Framework

1. Enrico Zimuel
2. Korvin Szanto
3. Navarr Barnier
4. Ken Guest

5. Chris Tankersley
6. Florian Engelhardt

Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Jan 18, 2022, 1:02:59 PM1/18/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting as the Laminas representative:

1. Enrico Zimuel
2. Ken Guest
3. Chris Tankersley
4. Korvin Szanto
5. Florian Engelhardt
6. Navarr Barnier

he/him

Paul Dragoonis

Jan 18, 2022, 1:52:20 PM1/18/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting as the PPI Representative

1. Korvin Szanto
2. Chris Tankersley
3. Ken Guest
4. Enrico Zimuel
5. Florian Engelhardt
6. Navarr Barnier

Jan Schneider

Jan 24, 2022, 6:16:00 AM1/24/22
to php...@googlegroups.com

Representing Horde:

  1. Korvin Szanto
  2. Chris Tankersley
  3. Ken Guest
  4. Florian Engelhardt

Zitat von Vincent de Lau <vin...@delau.nl>:

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project
https://www.horde.org/

Vincent de Lau

Jan 26, 2022, 8:39:51 AM1/26/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Gentle reminder: Voting will end in roughly three days, by January 29th 17:00 UTC.

Project Representatives and contributing Individuals are eligible to vote.

--
Kind regards,
Vincent de Lau

Chuck Burgess

Jan 26, 2022, 8:53:57 AM1/26/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Ken Guest
Korvin Szanto
Chris Tankersley
Enrico Zimuel
Florian Engelhardt
Navarr Barnier

CRB (PEAR)

Jason Coward

Jan 26, 2022, 9:02:54 AM1/26/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Voting as Slim Framework representative…

1. Ken Guest
2. Chris Tankersley
3. Korvin Szanto
4. Navarr Barnier