[Nomination][CC] Ken Guest

Vincent de Lau

Jan 12, 2022, 5:51:44 AM1/12/22
to PHP Framework Interoperability Group
Hi all,

Hereby I nominate Ken Guest for the role of CC member.

--
Kind Regards,
Vincent de Lau

Ken Guest

Jan 12, 2022, 6:24:39 AM1/12/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your nomination, Vincent - I'm happy to accept it.

Kind Regards,

Ken

Ken Guest

Jan 12, 2022, 11:18:47 AM1/12/22
to php...@googlegroups.com
I just realised I didn't give any background information about myself for anybody wondering why I might be suitable for being a CC member.

I've been coding in PHP since PHP3-4, initially developing the website for the now-defunct Irish Linux Users' Group in it back in '98 - well before there were established frameworks.

Since then I've garnered experience with several in-house frameworks, and also CakePHP, Zend and Yii.
(My current side-project is https://github.com/mo-bhaile/ for which I'm busily learning Slim PHP)

Along with that, I've worked on a number of PEAR packages back when PEAR was the de-facto package management system for PHP (both individually and as a member of their QA Team)
I've participated in the Irish PHP Users Group (where I served as chairman), and also in PHPDublin where I've been happily suggesting who we might want to have as speakers and such. I'd been dubbed a co-organiser there, but nothing official. :-)

I've also worked on modules for phing - for work and for pleasure, and improved their documentation somewhat.

In general terms, I'm happy to nit-pick issues, architect systems, draw up specs, implement, and document  - all or most of the things that a Core Community member of the FIG should be able to do.

If anybody wants to reach out to me or connect on LinkedIn, you're very welcome to do so.

Kind Regards,

Ken