Fwd: Neighborhood Response Portfolio System update by Kala Point then sanitized for NPREP

Pete Hubbard

Jun 1, 2015, 7:31:35 PM6/1/15
to MIEP-TF Google Group
At a recent Neighborhood Preparedness (NPREP) meeting meant to discuss a new template for a "Neighborhood Emergency Plan", Cape George, Kala Point and Calling our Bluff neighborhoods talked about the "Neighborhood Response Portfolio System" that they are using.

The idea behind the portfolio concept is "Specific functions are essential to a reactive response, but because particular individuals may not be available, the functions are assigned to “portfolios,” and the responsibilities of each portfolio are written out for clarity and ease use.  Portfolio envelopes with instructions are kept in order at the (insert your Neighborhood name) Coordination Center (NCC) or designated area."

I asked for copies of the files and Tanda McMillan just sent them to me. (See below).

I downloaded the 17 files to my Google Drive into this folder which anyone can view if they have the link.

This system works well where the community is compact and emergency responders can easily go to the NCC. Marrowstone Island is not that type of community. But maybe we can adapt this system to our needs.

I have not reviewed every file, nor do I know when I will find the time to do anymore with the files. But I thought I'd let you know that it is now available to us.

Pete

Jun 1, 2015, 8:29:31 PM6/1/15
to Pete Hubbard, mie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Pete,

Without checking the actual portfolios, this appears to be an expansion of the Cape George system that I had reported to the MIEP group after meeting with Thad Bickling a couple of years ago. As I recall, it was met with some skepticism as we do not have a central report location nor an island wide plan, which still has not changed. Our residents have so far resisted becoming part of a cohesive unit… or even Neighborhoods in the MYN sense. As you imply, it first of all needs emergency responders.

Go for it, Pete. If you can adapt it to this Island, it might be well worthwhile.

Best,
Patricia
<_Portfolio Overview Template.doc><Portfolio 1 Communicator Template.doc><Portfolio 1a Communicator Call Record Sheet Template.doc><Portfolio 1b Radio Protocol Sheet Template.doc><Portfolio 2 Recorder Template.doc><Portfolio 2a Recorder's Issue Sheet Template.docx><Portfolio 3 Incident Coordinator Template.doc><Portfolio 3a After Action Log Template.docx><Portfolio 4 Runner Template.doc><Portfolio 4a  Runners Log Template.doc><Portfolio 5 Emergency Care Template.doc><Portfolio 5a Victim Treatment Area Record Template.docx><Portfolio 6 Assessment and Safety Team Template.doc><Portfolio 6a Assessment Action Log Template.doc><Portfolio 6b Tool Equipment Checkout Log Template.doc><Portfolio 7 Animal Care Template.doc><Portfolio 7a Animal Care Log Template.doc>