China reports fifth bird flu death this year

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jan 29, 2009, 6:28:38 PM1/29/09
"BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Health said a young man had
died of the H5N1 strain of bird flu on Monday, the fifth reported
death this month.

The 18-year-old was admitted to hospital on Jan 24 in Yulin, in the
southwestern Guangxi, bordering Vietnam, after falling ill and
entering a local clinic in the town of Beiliu three days earlier.

He had contact with dead poultry before falling ill, the Ministry
said, adding that people who have been in contact with him have not
shown any signs of the illness.

In December, the Ministry of Agriculture reported positive results
during routine tests for bird flu among poultry in Jiangsu province,
but has not reported an outbreak among poultry for months.

The H5N1 flu remains largely a virus among birds, but experts fear it
could mutate into a form that is easily transmitted by humans and
spark a pandemic that could kill millions worldwide."

Source:

http://www.kyivpost.com/world/34420

My heartfelt condolences and prayers for the surviving friends and
family of the deceased young man. May GOD bless them in His mighty
way more than ever, in Jesus' name.

Amen.

What we are doing to prepare our local community:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/Pan-Flu

How to not be fearful:

http://T3WIJ.com

2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

It's how we know what GOD desires (WDJW):

http://WDJW.net

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/52a3db8576495806?

Those who suffer from the powerful delusion predicted by the prophecy
of 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 would deny this and perish ( gone !!! )
forever ...

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

... gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

Such will be the demise of all those who refuse to know **and** love
the truth, Who is LORD Jesus Christ:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21 given in hopes of
promoting much greater understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

A simple parable for the wise and discerning:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

Be hungrier, which is truly healthier:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthier

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com

anon...@nowhere.you.know

Jan 29, 2009, 7:13:02 PM1/29/09
"He had contact with dead poultry before falling ill, the Ministry said,
adding that people who have been in contact with him have not shown any
signs of the illness."

As has been the case with the 200 deaths from this virus since 2003for
the most part . On the other hand the other flu viruses responsible for
38000 deaths in n. america last year did spread human to human.

bob young

Jan 30, 2009, 12:26:15 AM1/30/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> "BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Health said a young man had
> died of the H5N1 strain of bird flu on Monday, the fifth reported
> death this month.

Parallels can be drawn with The Great Plague of medieval times. Then
people were dying like flies, hardly enough fit men left to bury the dead.

The living flocked to their churches and cathedrals for sustenance. The
preachers told them that thousands were dying because 'God was punishing
them for their sins'.

About 1200 years later it was discovered that the plague was caused by a
rat/flea/virus combination.

Some God !

Bad choice of subject Chung.

[at least Beijing will not be palming the population off with mythology !]

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jan 30, 2009, 3:54:00 AM1/30/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > "BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Health said a young man had
> > died of the H5N1 strain of bird flu on Monday, the fifth reported
> > death this month.
>
> Parallels can be drawn with The Great Plague of medieval times. Then
> people were dying like flies, hardly enough fit men left to bury the dead.
>
> The living flocked to their churches and cathedrals for sustenance. The
> preachers told them that thousands were dying because 'God was punishing
> them for their sins'.
>
> About 1200 years later it was discovered that the plague was caused by a
> rat/flea/virus combination.
>
> Some God !
>
> Bad choice of subject Chung.

Incorrect.

Most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to be kind,
just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
be mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at each GOD-given opportunity as
GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

<><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

http://T3WiJ.com

2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

It's how we know the answer to the question "What does Jesus
want?" (WDJW):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f43db72a7c5c1da0?

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve
paid for with their and our immortal lives:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/52a3db8576495806?

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

... for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21 given in hopes of
promoting much greater understanding:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus (T3WIJ):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/11194899724b810d?

Be hungrier, which is truly healthier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/991d4e30704307e7?

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Andrew <><
--
"... no one can say 'Jesus is LORD' except by the Holy Spirit." (1 Cor
12:3)

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/035c93540862751c?

What does Jesus want (WDJW) ?

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/11194899724b810d?

bob young

Jan 30, 2009, 11:12:03 PM1/30/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> >
> > > "BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Ministry of Health said a young man had
> > > died of the H5N1 strain of bird flu on Monday, the fifth reported
> > > death this month.
> >
> > Parallels can be drawn with The Great Plague of medieval times. Then
> > people were dying like flies, hardly enough fit men left to bury the dead.
> >
> > The living flocked to their churches and cathedrals for sustenance. The
> > preachers told them that thousands were dying because 'God was punishing
> > them for their sins'.
> >
> > About 1200 years later it was discovered that the plague was caused by a
> > rat/flea/virus combination.
> >
> > Some God !
> >
> > Bad choice of subject Chung.
>
> Incorrect.
>
> Most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to be kind,
> just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).

All that proves is there was a human living thousands of years ago that later
humans said was called Jeremiah, a human as indoctrinated with superstition as
you are. There's an excuse for Jeremiah, he lived in simple times largely
ignorant of what makes the world tick, there's no excuse for you.

If you went back to Jerusalem in the year 900 do you think that you could have
purchased a Bible?

Now please try to address my earlier point without referring to a useless old
book the origins of which just cannot be determined, because, in such case it
has no value in any discussion.

The Bible is a chaotically cobbled together anthology of disjointed
documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and 'improved' by
hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and
mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries. This may explain
some of the sheer strangeness of the Bible. Unfortunately it is the same
weird volume that religious zealots hold up as the inerrant source of our
morals and rules for living.

[Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion]

> May we, who are Jesus' disciples

I noter that you seem to have appointed yourself a 'disciple of Jesus'

I supose you are aware that a good many atheists consider that religionists are
basically arrogant and somewhat insecure ?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jan 31, 2009, 3:57:43 AM1/31/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > > Parallels can be drawn with The Great Plague of medieval times. Then
> > > people were dying like flies, hardly enough fit men left to bury the dead.
> > >
> > > The living flocked to their churches and cathedrals for sustenance. The
> > > preachers told them that thousands were dying because 'God was punishing
> > > them for their sins'.
> > >
> > > About 1200 years later it was discovered that the plague was caused by a
> > > rat/flea/virus combination.
> > >
> > > Some God !
> > >
> > > Bad choice of subject Chung.
> >
> > Incorrect.
> >
> > Most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to be kind,
> > just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).
>
> All that proves is there was a human living thousands of years ago that later
> humans said was called Jeremiah, a human as indoctrinated with superstition as
> you are.

GOD's purpose for me here is not to prove but to inform and in your
case, rebuke at each GOD-given opportunity and so I shall:be mindful
of WDJW by rebuking you now as GOD desires:

bob young

Jan 31, 2009, 5:47:02 AM1/31/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> > > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > > Incorrect.
> > >
> > > Most assuredly, without doubt, I know and understand GOD to be kind,
> > > just, and right (Jeremiah 9:24).
> >
> > All that proves is there was a human living thousands of years ago that later
> > humans said was called Jeremiah, a human as indoctrinated with superstition as
> > you are.
>
> GOD's purpose for me here is not to prove but to inform

You are so funny - you have no way of proving there Is a god. THAT is what you
need to do first if you want to stay on the right side of the dividing line between
insanity and realism

> and in your
> case, rebuke at each GOD-given opportunity and so I shall:be mindful
> of WDJW by rebuking you now as GOD desires:

Well if the god you refer to is prepared to show like the old book claims 'He'
showed to Moses on a mountain top, then I will no longer be an atheist.

Please tell you god to show - thanks

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jan 31, 2009, 6:17:12 AM1/31/09

GOD has already provided His proof via non-christians:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/035c93540862751c?

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), conitnue to

be mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at each GOD-given opportunity as
GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/31c3b88286afc5bd?

bob young

Jan 31, 2009, 10:22:03 PM1/31/09

Do you sleep well nights knowing that what you project here is a load of nonsense ?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 1, 2009, 3:58:48 AM2/1/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8f2da8deb0c10f9e?

> Do you sleep well nights knowing that what you project here is a load of nonsense ?

"The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood
it." (John 1:5)

Amen.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly demonstrate the veracity of the Bible.

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to

bob young

Feb 1, 2009, 11:39:02 PM2/1/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> > >
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/8f2da8deb0c10f9e?
> >
> > Do you sleep well nights knowing that what you project here is a load of nonsense ?
>
> "The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood
> it." (John 1:5)

When that was written Mr. average indeed lived in darkness i.e. the darkness of fear and
ignorance. We have increased our intelligence a great deal since then, or at least some
of us have !

You are aware I trust that the bible was written by humans and no gods involved even
though in that same book those same humans claimed otherwise?

How do I know that ? Well the book is full of banal contradictions - and that's just
for starters.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 2, 2009, 12:20:43 AM2/2/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > > Do you sleep well nights knowing that what you project here is a load of nonsense ?
> >
> > "The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood
> > it." (John 1:5)
>
> When that was written Mr. average indeed lived in darkness i.e. the darkness of fear and
> ignorance.

Your earlier use of the phrase "load of nonsense" indicates the lack
of understanding coincident with a lack of enlightenment that defines
being in the dark.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling

you to unwittingly reveal through your word choice that you remain a
creature of darkness, eternally condemned.

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
be mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at each GOD-given opportunity as
GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

bob young

Feb 4, 2009, 4:47:01 AM2/4/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> > > satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > > "The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood
> > > it." (John 1:5)
> >
> > When that was written Mr. average indeed lived in darkness i.e. the darkness of fear and
> > ignorance.
>
> Your earlier use of the phrase "load of nonsense" indicates the lack
> of understanding

It means nothing of the sort, it simply describes religious affiliation in general.

Which, if one studies it carefully one soon discovers just how nonsensical it all is.

The universe revolves around the earth.
Stars are pinpricks in the heavens.
The world is flat (and on pillars)
Bats are a kind of bird.
Rabbits chew their cud.
There is enough water to flood the entire planet
Women were created from a man's rib
Rainbows are a promise from God

[Acknowledgements to 'James, Seattle']

see below -

He wants EXACTLY what present day humans want Him to want

A load of nonsense isn't it ?

> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/11194899724b810d?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 4, 2009, 5:39:29 AM2/4/09

bob young

Feb 5, 2009, 12:32:04 AM2/5/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?
>
> <><
>
> What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
> disastrous Pan-Flu:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
>
> How to not be fearful:
>
> http://T3WiJ.com
>
> May dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a blessedly wonderful
> 2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
> the Son of Man ...
>
> ... by being hungrier:

The universe revolves around the earth.

Stars are pinpricks in the heavens.
The world is flat (and on pillars)
Bats are a kind of bird.
Rabbits chew their cud.
There is enough water to flood the entire planet
Women were created from a man's rib
Rainbows are a promise from God

[Acknowledgements to 'James, Seattle']

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 5, 2009, 1:24:03 AM2/5/09
satan via sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?
> >
> > <><
> >
> > What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
> > disastrous Pan-Flu:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
> >
> > How to not be fearful:
> >
> > http://T3WiJ.com
> >
> > May dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a blessedly wonderful
> > 2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
> > the Son of Man ...
> >
> > ... by being hungrier:
>
> The universe revolves around the earth.
> Stars are pinpricks in the heavens.
> The world is flat (and on pillars)
> Bats are a kind of bird.
> Rabbits chew their cud.
> There is enough water to flood the entire planet
> Women were created from a man's rib
> Rainbows are a promise from God
>
> [Acknowledgements to 'James, Seattle']

"Without GOD, man is ever limited in his understanding of reality." --
Holy Spirit

Amen.

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew of gentile), continue to

be mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at each GOD-given opportunity as
GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

<><

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
disastrous Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

http://T3WiJ.com

2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
the Son of Man ...

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

bob young

Feb 5, 2009, 5:26:02 AM2/5/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairing posted:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> >
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?
> > >
> > > <><
> > >
> > > What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
> > > disastrous Pan-Flu:
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
> > >
> > > How to not be fearful:
> > >
> > > http://T3WiJ.com
> > >
> > > May dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a blessedly wonderful
> > > 2009th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as our Messiah,
> > > the Son of Man ...
> > >
> > > ... by being hungrier:
> >
> > The universe revolves around the earth.
> > Stars are pinpricks in the heavens.
> > The world is flat (and on pillars)
> > Bats are a kind of bird.
> > Rabbits chew their cud.
> > There is enough water to flood the entire planet
> > Women were created from a man's rib
> > Rainbows are a promise from God
> >
> > [Acknowledgements to 'James, Seattle']
>
> "Without GOD, man is ever limited in his understanding of reality." --
> Holy Spirit

Do you walk backwards as well as think backwards ?

The Lunacy . . . . . .

First make up a god and then have it prove everything.

The psychiatric profession no doubt has a good explanation for it !

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 5, 2009, 1:57:18 PM2/5/09
satan via sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > satan via sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > > The universe revolves around the earth.
> > > Stars are pinpricks in the heavens.
> > > The world is flat (and on pillars)
> > > Bats are a kind of bird.
> > > Rabbits chew their cud.
> > > There is enough water to flood the entire planet
> > > Women were created from a man's rib
> > > Rainbows are a promise from God
> > >
> > > [Acknowledgements to 'James, Seattle']
> >
> > "Without GOD, man is ever limited in his understanding of reality." --
> > Holy Spirit

Amen.

> Do you walk backwards as well as think backwards ?

No.

> The Lunacy . . . . . .
>
> First make up a god and then have it prove everything.

Instead, GOD has made me and has me informing folks that they are
serving as evidence of His existence:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/035c93540862751c?

Truth is simple.

bob young

Feb 7, 2009, 11:23:05 PM2/7/09

Some God, he made you free to suffer from any one of the following plus many many
more:
[do religionists EVER think ?]

AIDS and HIV
Amebiasis
*Anthrax
*Botulism
*Brucellosis
Campylobacter enteritis
Chancroid
Chickenpox (Varicella)
Chlamydia trachomatis infections
Cholera
*Cryptosposidiosis
*Cyclosporiasis
Cytomegalovirus infection, congential
*Diphtheria
*Encephaltis, including
i. Primary, viral (including WNV)
ii. Post-infectious
iii. Vaccine-related
iv. Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis
v. Unspecified
*Food poisoning, all causes
*Gastroenteritis, institutional outbreaks & Norwalk virus
*Giardiasis, except asymptomatic cases
Gonorrhea
*Haemophilus influenzae b disease, invasive
*Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
*Hemorrhagic fevers, including: *Ebola Virus, *Marburg Virus Disease, *Lassa
Fever, *other viral causes
Hepatitis, viral
i. *Hepatitis A
ii. Hepatitis B
iii. Hepatitis C
Hepatitis D (Delta hepatitis)
Herpes, neonatal
Influenza
*Legionellosis
Leprosy
*Listeriosis
Lyme Disease
Malaria
*Measles
*Meningitis, acute
i. *bacterial
ii. viral
iii. other
*Meningococcal disease, invasive
Mumps
Ophthalmia neonatorum
Paratyphoid Fever
Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
*Plague
*Poliomyelitis, acute
Psittacosis/Ornithosis
*Q Fever
*Rabies
*Respiratory infection outbreaks in institutions
Rubella
Rubella, congential syndrome
Salmonellosis
*Shigellosis
*Smallpox
Streptococcus pneumoniae, invasive
*Streptococcal infections, invasive Group A
*Streptococcal infections, Group Bneonatal
Syphilis
Tetanus
Trichinosis
Tuberculosis
*Tularemia
Typhoid Fever
*Verotoxin-producing E. coli infection indicator conditions including
Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS)
*Yellow Fever
Yersiniosis

Plus: epilepsy, blindness, deafness, the mentally retarded,
never forgetting the poor unfortunate human fetus that arrive grossly deformed, so
gross the parents are never allowed to see it.

Please add pemphigus vulgaris and all the
other types of pemphigus to this list. And,
lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis,
sinusitis, bronchitis, shingles, painful and
itchy rashes and all kinds of allergies (some
of which are life threatening).

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 8, 2009, 5:06:21 AM2/8/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/5e3b4f1e20d3059d?

Your list serves well to remind us of Jesus' words to someone who was
healed by Him, but who continued to sin:

"See you are well. Now stop sinning or something worse may happen to
you." -- LORD Jesus Christ

Amen.

"The wages of sin is death." -- Holy Spirit

Amen.

Sin is anti-WDJW.

Thus, it remains my personal choice to continue to be mindful of WDJW

by rebuking you at each GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

bob young

Feb 9, 2009, 4:19:01 AM2/9/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

I notice however that the list was completely lost on you ! either that or you pretend
it was.

'He' created everything, I was taught as a gullible school boy.
That means 'he' created all of those sicknesses and a couple of thousand more.

care to comment ?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 9, 2009, 5:30:38 AM2/9/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/123088eed189344c?

> > Your list serves well to remind us of Jesus' words to someone who was
> > healed by Him, but who continued to sin:
> >

> > "See you are well. Now stop sinning or something worse may happen to
> > you." -- LORD Jesus Christ
> >
> > Amen.
> >
> > "The wages of sin is death." -- Holy Spirit
> >
> > Amen.
>

> I notice however that the list was completely lost on you !

Not for the discerning.

> either that or you pretend it was.

You are projecting.

> 'He' created everything, I was taught as a gullible school boy.
> That means 'he' created all of those sicknesses and a couple of thousand more.
>
> care to comment ?

It is good for GOD to create that which He uses to punish those who
continue to sin.

May we, who are Christians (either Jew or gentile), choose to stop
sinning by becoming Jesus' disciples so that we no longer are
afflicted by illnesses.

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to
be mindful of WDJW thereby not sin as we rebuke you at each GOD-given
opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/31c3b88286afc5bd?

bob young

Feb 9, 2009, 6:54:01 AM2/9/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
> >
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/123088eed189344c?
> > >
> > > Your list serves well to remind us of Jesus' words to someone who was
> > > healed by Him, but who continued to sin:
> > >
> > > "See you are well. Now stop sinning or something worse may happen to
> > > you." -- LORD Jesus Christ
> > >
> > > Amen.
> > >
> > > "The wages of sin is death." -- Holy Spirit
> > >
> > > Amen.
> >
> > I notice however that the list was completely lost on you !
>
> Not for the discerning.
>
> > either that or you pretend it was.
>
> You are projecting.
>
> > 'He' created everything, I was taught as a gullible school boy.
> > That means 'he' created all of those sicknesses and a couple of thousand more.
> >
> > care to comment ?
>
> It is good for GOD to create that which He uses to punish those who
> continue to sin.

So that means in your crazy world a child born with severe epilepsy is some kind of
a sinner.. . . !

Sickening - I do not know how you have the gall to project this lunacy here on a
daily basis.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 9, 2009, 8:55:24 AM2/9/09
satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

>> > I notice however that the list was completely lost on you !
>>
>> Not for the discerning.
>>
>> > either that or you pretend it was.
>>
>> You are projecting.
>>
>> > 'He' created everything, I was taught as a gullible school boy.
>> > That means 'he' created all of those sicknesses and a couple of thousand more.
>> >
>> > care to comment ?
>>
>> It is good for GOD to create that which He uses to punish those who
>> continue to sin.
>
>So that means in your crazy world a child born with severe epilepsy is some kind of
>a sinner.. . . !

GOD remains the frame of reference for defining all that is good:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

May we, who are Jesus' disciples (either Jew or gentile), continue to

be good by being mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at each GOD-given
opportunity as GOD desires:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Rebukesatan

<><

What we are teaching to prepare our neighbors, whom we love, for the
eventuality of a devastating Influenza Pandemic (Pan-Flu):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

http://T3WIJ.com

bob young

Feb 12, 2009, 4:28:07 AM2/12/09

How cute . . . . !

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 12, 2009, 4:36:35 AM2/12/09
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4d3663cbb92334d4?

> How cute . . . . !

Simply good.

Just as it is good to continue be mindful of WDJW by rebuking you at

each GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

<><

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

http://T3WiJ.com

Thommadura

Feb 12, 2009, 6:56:27 AM2/12/09

You know - Bob - if you really look at the people who are the theists in
these two groups - they largely have been represented by three people
over that last year - Monkfish, Andrew Chung, and Pastor Frank (WHo has
been missing recently too) - now add Dolf and a Holyfool to that list.

If this is the BEST religion can muster -= maybe the end of religion is
nearer than we thought!

dolf

Feb 12, 2009, 8:06:03 AM2/12/09
In what way was my substantiation of a semiotic and cosmological basis
to semitic religious belief deficient?

- dolf

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 12, 2009, 10:29:14 AM2/12/09
dolf wrote:
>satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>>
>> You know - Bob - if you really look at the people who are the theists in
>> these two groups - they largely have been represented by three people
>> over that last year - Monkfish, Andrew Chung, and Pastor Frank (WHo has
>> been missing recently too) - now add Dolf and a Holyfool to that list.
>>
>> If this is the BEST religion can muster -= maybe the end of religion is
>> nearer than we thought!
>
>In what way was my substantiation of a semiotic and cosmological basis
>to semitic religious belief deficient?

Wiser to simply be mindful of WDJW and rebuke the mocker at each
GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires.

Good is what GOD wants:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/good

Be hungrier, which is truly healthier for mind, body, and soul:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthier

Prayerfully in the truth,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
A disciple of LORD Jesus Christ

Fred Thomas

Feb 12, 2009, 4:07:16 PM2/12/09
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> dolf wrote:
>> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:
>>> You know - Bob - if you really look at the people who are the theists in
>>> these two groups - they largely have been represented by three people
>>> over that last year - Monkfish, Andrew Chung, and Pastor Frank (WHo has
>>> been missing recently too) - now add Dolf and a Holyfool to that list.
>>>
>>> If this is the BEST religion can muster -= maybe the end of religion is
>>> nearer than we thought!
>> In what way was my substantiation of a semiotic and cosmological basis
>> to semitic religious belief deficient?
>
> Wiser to simply be mindful of WDJW and rebuke the mocker at each
> GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires.

Wiser to simply be mindful of what Bahá'u'lláh wants and rebuke the mocker at
each Ahura-Mazda given opportunity as Ahura-Mazda desires.

bob young

Feb 13, 2009, 12:11:05 AM2/13/09

Thommadura wrote:

Good point. I generally respond to holyfool because he does not resort to
verbal attacks and insults. dolf I never open now after seeing his first
efforts. As for Frank I do hope nothing terrible has happened to him, i
have lost count of the number of laughs and chuckles has has provided over
the years. He will be sorely missed

He may be on his way back to The Philippines of course. He is happy there,
where religion works for just about everyone. Wonderful people - I would
be the last to tell them their god was a myth.

Cheers

Bob

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 13, 2009, 4:14:35 AM2/13/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> > dolf wrote:
> >> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon) despairingly posted:

> >> In what way was my substantiation of a semiotic and cosmological basis
> >> to semitic religious belief deficient?
> >
> > Wiser to simply be mindful of WDJW and rebuke the mocker at each
> > GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires.
> >
> Wiser to simply be mindful of what Bah�'u'll�h wants and rebuke the mocker at

> each Ahura-Mazda given opportunity as Ahura-Mazda desires.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
you to unwittingly update folks on your still being unable to publicly
say "Jesus is LORD" despite months of trying:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/551d7a0c5bf5d699?

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus !!!

[...]

Jesus is LORD, forever !!!

http://JiL4ever.net

Fred Thomas

Feb 13, 2009, 6:35:58 AM2/13/09
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>>> Wiser to simply be mindful of WDJW and rebuke the mocker at each
>>> GOD-given opportunity as GOD desires.
>>>
>> Wiser to simply be mindful of what Bah�'u'll�h wants and rebuke the mocker at
>> each Ahura-Mazda given opportunity as Ahura-Mazda desires.
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly update folks on your still being unable to publicly
> say "Jesus is LORD" despite months of trying:

I haven't been trying Andy.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 13, 2009, 9:20:41 AM2/13/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/c7919e29f921d3c7?

>I haven't been trying Andy.

Your giving up is quite understandable:

http://JiL4ever.net

Fred Thomas

Feb 13, 2009, 6:21:33 PM2/13/09
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/c7919e29f921d3c7?
>>>
>> I haven't been trying Andy.
>
> Your giving up is quite understandable:
Who gave up? The truth is simple, I just do not want to, nor need to. Your "holy
god" can not influence anything, it's imaginary. Simply put I say what I want,
when I want, where I want.

Anon

Feb 13, 2009, 10:17:00 PM2/13/09
In article
<73b5b918-3edc-44a6...@e18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote:

> satan via a sockpuppet (corporeal demon, Andrew B. Chung) despairingly posted:

There is no God but God, and Mohammed is his prophet.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 13, 2009, 10:31:08 PM2/13/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> I haven't been trying Andy.
> >
> > Your giving up is quite understandable:
>

> Who gave up?

You as evident by your writing "I haven't been trying Andy."

> The truth is simple,

Truth is simple.

> I just do not want to, nor need to.

You simply can't say "Jesus is LORD" without the help of the Holy
Spirit:

"... no one can say 'Jesus is LORD' except by the Holy Spirit." (1 Cor
12:3)

Amen.

> Your "holy god" can not influence anything, it's imaginary.

HIS choosing to be invisible does not make Him imaginary.

> Simply put I say what I want, when I want, where I want.

May visiting the following web site enlighten you and other non-
christians who are unable to publicly say "Jesus is LORD" because the
Holy Spirit is not will to help you:

http://JiL4ever.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

http://T3WiJ.com

... by being hungrier:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/f891e617d10bd689?

http://WDJW.net

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/52a3db8576495806?

Amen.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/cc2aa8f8a4d41360?

http://JiL4ever.net

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/991d4e30704307e7?

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the awesome name of our Messiah, LORD Jesus Christ,

Fred Thomas

Feb 14, 2009, 8:45:58 AM2/14/09
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>>> Your giving up is quite understandable:
>>
>> Who gave up?
>
> You as evident by your writing "I haven't been trying Andy."

Truth is simple, one would first have to make an attempt at something before one
can give up. To say Jesus is a lord: meaning prince, a feudal superior, a god or
deity, is simply untrue. Jesus is a myth or legend in a group of many myths or
legends form that period of time.

The truth is simple, you need mental health.

>> The truth is simple,
>
> Truth is simple.
>
>> I just do not want to, nor need to.
>
> You simply can't say "Jesus is LORD" without the help of the Holy
> Spirit:

My speech ability is just fine, I can say what I want, when I want, where I want.

::: truth checker :::

Feb 14, 2009, 12:26:48 PM2/14/09
Hey, you lost it!

In news:gn6huv$3h7$1...@news.motzarella.org,
Fred Thomas <fr...@aol.com> typed:

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 14, 2009, 1:21:31 PM2/14/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> Who gave up?
> >
> > You as evident by your writing "I haven't been trying Andy."
>
> Truth is simple, one would first have to make an attempt at something before one
> can give up.

Someone who has never tried to say "Jesus is LORD" would have written
exactly that:

"I have never tried to say 'Jesus is LORD.' "

Truth is indeed simple :-)

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling

you to unwittingly update folks on your still being unable to publicly
say "Jesus is LORD" months since your first attempt.

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus !!!

http://T3WiJ.com

May you and other dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a

Fred Thomas

Feb 14, 2009, 1:45:19 PM2/14/09
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>>> You as evident by your writing "I haven't been trying Andy."
>> Truth is simple, one would first have to make an attempt at something before one
>> can give up.
>
> Someone who has never tried to say "Jesus is LORD" would have written
> exactly that:
>
> "I have never tried to say 'Jesus is LORD.' "
>
> Truth is indeed simple :-)
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly update folks on your still being unable to publicly
> say "Jesus is LORD" months since your first attempt.

Your confused Andy, I made no attempt months ago, nor yesterday. It remains my
choice as to what to say and when. A conscience choice not do do something is
not being unable. Your insane idea is also contradictory of your "freewill" idea.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 14, 2009, 8:40:27 PM2/14/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> Truth is simple, one would first have to make an attempt at something before one
> >> can give up.
> >
> > Someone who has never tried to say "Jesus is LORD" would have written
> > exactly that:
> >
> > "I have never tried to say 'Jesus is LORD.' "
> >
> > Truth is indeed simple :-)
> >
> > Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> > you to unwittingly update folks on your still being unable to publicly
> > say "Jesus is LORD" months since your first attempt.
> >
> Your confused Andy, I made no attempt months ago, nor yesterday.

Not for the discerning especially those who have read the following:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/551d7a0c5bf5d699?

Now back to being on topic:

"Human influenza outbreak has the potential of triggering a pandemic
when a new influenza virus appears against which the human population
has no immunity. With the increase in global transport and
communications, as well as urbanization and overcrowded conditions,
epidemics due to the new influenza virus are likely to quickly take
hold around the world leading to enormous numbers of deaths and
illness. Outbreaks of influenza in animals, especially when happening
simultaneously with annual outbreaks in humans, increase the chances
of a pandemic through the merging of animal and human influenza
viruses. During the last few years, the world has faced several
threats with pandemic potential, making the occurrence of the next
pandemic just a matter of time."

Source:

http://www.ias.ac.in/jbiosci/nov2008/475.pdf

"The effect of the influenza epidemic was so severe that the average
life span in the US was depressed by 10 years. The influenza virus had
a profound virulence, with a mortality rate at 2.5% compared to the
rate for 15 to 34-year-olds of influenza and pneumonia were 20 times
higher in 1918 than in previous years (Taubenberger). People were
struck with illness on the street and died rapid deaths. One anectode
shared of 1918 was of four women playing bridge together late into the
night. Overnight, three of the women died from influenza (Hoagg).
Others told stories of people on their way to work suddenly developing
the flu and dying within hours (Henig). One physician writes that
patients with seemingly ordinary influenza would rapidly "develop the
most viscous type of pneumonia that has ever been seen" and later when
cyanosis appeared in the patients, "it is simply a struggle for air
until they suffocate," (Grist, 1979). Another physician recalls that
the influenza patients "died struggling to clear their airways of a
blood-tinged froth that sometimes gushed from their nose and
mouth," (Starr, 1976)."

Source:

http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/

Fred Thomas

Feb 15, 2009, 7:25:24 AM2/15/09

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/01/21/asia/AS-China-Bird-Flu.php

China Health Ministry: Bird flu epidemic unlikely:

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

The world is presently in phase 3: a new influenza virus subtype is causing
disease in humans, but is not yet spreading efficiently and sustainably among
humans.

In other words your running around yelling the sky is falling.

::: truth checker :::

Feb 15, 2009, 10:17:32 AM2/15/09
In news:gn91ju$3sk$1...@news.motzarella.org,
Fred Thomas <fr...@aol.com> typed:

> China Health Ministry: Bird flu epidemic unlikely:

... on the other hand, have you ever seen Donald Duck in China?

Thommadura

Feb 15, 2009, 11:06:55 AM2/15/09

Actually - since Hong Kong is part of china - YES.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 15, 2009, 4:52:49 PM2/15/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4e6fe79b8e6b512b?

> The world is presently in phase 3: a new influenza virus subtype is causing
> disease in humans, but is not yet spreading efficiently and sustainably among
> humans.
>
> In other words your running around yelling the sky is falling.

Incorrect.

Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:

Fred Thomas

Feb 15, 2009, 5:49:38 PM2/15/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lo...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/4e6fe79b8e6b512b?
>>
>> The world is presently in phase 3: a new influenza virus subtype is causing
>> disease in humans, but is not yet spreading efficiently and sustainably among
>> humans.
>>
>> In other words your running around yelling the sky is falling.
>
> Incorrect.
>
> Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
> as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:

Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth. While your "warning" of
the impending "doom" your leaving out the other diseases that are just as
dangerous and deadly can encompass the world just like the different strains of
flu virus. So your saying the sky is falling!

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 15, 2009, 7:27:34 PM2/15/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> The world is presently in phase 3: a new influenza virus subtype is causing
> >> disease in humans, but is not yet spreading efficiently and sustainably among
> >> humans.
> >>
> >> In other words your running around yelling the sky is falling.
> >
> > Incorrect.
> >
> > Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
> > as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

> Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.

The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
superstitious myth:

http://GlobalFlood.org

> While your "warning" of
> the impending "doom" your leaving out the other diseases that are just as
> dangerous and deadly can encompass the world just like the different strains of
> flu virus.

At this point in time, it is a new Pan-Flu virus emerging from H5N1,
which is circulating about, that appears pose the greatest threat to
the existence of humans on this planet.

> So your saying the sky is falling!

Usenet remains a text-based medium where much is written and posted
instead of being said.

Again, what we are **teaching** to prepare folks for the eventuality

Fred Thomas

Feb 15, 2009, 7:53:33 PM2/15/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <lov...@thetruth.com> wrote in message

> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>> > Incorrect.
>> >
>> > Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
>> > as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:
>> >
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
>>
>> Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.
>
> The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
> superstitious myth:

Your delusional.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html
http://home.entouch.net/dmd/gflood.htm
http://www.nexialinstitute.com/default.htm
http://thewordofme.wordpress.com/2008/07/12/more-evidence-against-noahs-flood/
http://paleoglot.blogspot.com/2008/01/science-of-lake-euxine-and-mythology-of.html

> http://GlobalFlood.org
>
>> While your "warning" of
>> the impending "doom" your leaving out the other diseases that are just as
>> dangerous and deadly can encompass the world just like the different strains
>> of
>> flu virus.
>
> At this point in time, it is a new Pan-Flu virus emerging from H5N1,
> which is circulating about, that appears pose the greatest threat to
> the existence of humans on this planet.

Your still delusional..
http://www.ecology.org/biod/population/CleanWater.html
"WATER-BORNE DISEASES ONE OF GREATEST THREATS TO HUMAN HEALTH
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), water-borne diseases, such as
cholera and schistosomiasis, kill at least 3.4 million people every year, making
them collectively more lethal than AIDS."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-409865/TB-greatest-threat-Europe-WW2.html
'TB greatest threat to Europe since WW2'

>> So your saying the sky is falling!
>
> Usenet remains a text-based medium where much is written and posted
> instead of being said.
>
> Again, what we are **teaching** to prepare folks for the eventuality
> of a catastrophic Pan-Flu:

Your not teaching "jack shit".

Thommadura

Feb 15, 2009, 8:15:02 PM2/15/09

Sorry Andrew - but if you really believe that is true - you are just as
deluded in that belief as you are in religion.

And that is your problem - even for those who would believe in religion
- your hideous - ingenuous - and clearly unstable persona has rendered
anything you say to be of questionable origin. You statements
intermingling medicine with superstitious religious beliefs call to
question whether your voice can be trusted.

YOu have long ago sacrificed you credibility for your nonsensical
approach of religion and medicine - and even thiests would not listen to
your statements.

You insistence above that a global flood is not a myth alone - is one
example. We know - from the historical record - that there were LOTS of
flood stories - from legends around the world - but we all know that no
such worldwide flood happened concurrently. THere may have been
localized major floods that would have seemed worldwide to the ancients
- but it is already shown that the Egyptian Dynasties of the time of the
hebrew flood continued unbroken - among others.

As a supposed scientifically trained professional - for you to dismiss
the obvious problems that a MYTH of a global flood actually has (Not the
least is that an ark would never have held all the animals - IF they had
time to go around the world to collect them)questions your integrity.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 15, 2009, 8:20:50 PM2/15/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.
> >
> > The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
> > superstitious myth:
> >
> > http://GlobalFlood.org
> >
> Your delusional.

It remains my personal choice to continue to know and understand the
truth, Who is Jesus Christ, thereby not be delusional.

"I am the way and the truth and the life." -- LORD Jesus Christ (John
14:6)

Amen.

The C14/C12 data continue to support the account of a global flood as
described in the Book of Genesis.

> >> While your "warning" of
> >> the impending "doom" your leaving out the other diseases that are just as
> >> dangerous and deadly can encompass the world just like the different strains
> >> of flu virus.
> >
> > At this point in time, it is a new Pan-Flu virus emerging from H5N1,
> > which is circulating about, that appears pose the greatest threat to
> > the existence of humans on this planet.
> >
> Your still delusional..

See above.

> http://www.ecology.org/biod/population/CleanWater.html
> "WATER-BORNE DISEASES ONE OF GREATEST THREATS TO HUMAN HEALTH
> According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), water-borne diseases, such as
> cholera and schistosomiasis, kill at least 3.4 million people every year, making
> them collectively more lethal than AIDS."

Water-borne disease, while a threat to human health, is not a threat
to human existence.

Truth is simple.

Faulty opinion piece since a nuclear Iran is easily a greater threat
to Europe than either TB or WW2.

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

Virgil

Feb 15, 2009, 9:06:27 PM2/15/09
Convicted neighbor Andrew boldly asserted that the sky is falling.

So don't pray in my school, Andrew, and I won't think in your church!

::: truth checker :::

Feb 15, 2009, 9:57:15 PM2/15/09
In news:gnaden$rk$1...@reader.motzarella.org,
Fred Thomas <187...@aol.com> typed:

Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly not
there anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the world -
think of Andrew. There is probably still time to convert for you... but
I am not sure about it. Oh, and you know.... life is so short... we can
be taken away any time, believers or not.

I had a student last week, and her father had a near death experience...
His dead little sister was awaiting him in the light, and he knew there
was someone else, too, but could not see anyone. He was out of his body
and could see himself lying there. He was re-animated within 15 minutes
and started to think about his life from that time on and has never been
like before this event... This happens everywhere in this world...
People report the same, but not all of them. Some just go to hell...

This father would not have lied to his minor daughter, would he?

http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de
WHERE JESUS CHRIST IS LORD
http://the-beauty-of-the-psalms.blogspot.com
http://jesus-christ-is-my-lord-and-my-god.blogspot.com

::: truth checker :::

Feb 15, 2009, 10:00:42 PM2/15/09
In news:49983e72$0$3238$607e...@cv.net,
Thommadura <tomm...@optonline.net> typed:

But not after the bird flu...

::: truth checker :::

Feb 15, 2009, 10:01:53 PM2/15/09
In news:onymous-9F8CFC...@news.usenetmonster.com,
Virgil <ony...@gmale.com> typed:

> Convicted neighbor Andrew boldly asserted that the sky is falling.
>

> So don't pray in my school, Andrew, and I won't think in your church!

What - on earth - would youguys do at the weekends without Andrew?

Don Kirkman

Feb 16, 2009, 2:42:09 AM2/16/09
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article
<3e6f8180-0dd5-4c5b...@o11g2000yql.googlegroups.com>:

>The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
>superstitious myth:

The "global flood" apparently was caused at the dawn of history in
that part of the world, when the Mediterranean overlapped a natural
dam dividing it from the Black Sea, letting sea water raise the Black
Sea level several hundred feet. Remains of pre-catastrophe villages
have been found in the seabed. Versions of the flood story exist in
cultures in the Near and Middle East, but apparently nowhere else in
the world. Add to that the impossibility of two or seven (both
numbers are used in the Bible) of every kind of living creature in a
boat smaller than most modern naval ships sort of argues against the
historicity of the story*. And of course two different mountains have
been described as Ararat, where the ark supposedly ran aground.

* A beam of 50 cubits or 75 feet, a length of 300 cu bits or 450
feet, and a height of 30 cubits or 45 feet. [A cubit is the distance
from the elbow to the tip of the longest finger.]

If you had started studying the Bible when I suggested it years ago
you'd know these things and could avoid looking so silly when you
discuss these matters.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 16, 2009, 5:21:41 AM2/16/09
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/87b3758edd736a02?

> The "global flood" apparently was caused at the dawn of history in
> that part of the world, when the Mediterranean overlapped a natural
> dam dividing it from the Black Sea, letting sea water raise the Black
> Sea level several hundred feet. Remains of pre-catastrophe villages
> have been found in the seabed. Versions of the flood story exist in
> cultures in the Near and Middle East, but apparently nowhere else in
> the world. Add to that the impossibility of two or seven (both
> numbers are used in the Bible) of every kind of living creature in a
> boat smaller than most modern naval ships sort of argues against the
> historicity of the story*. And of course two different mountains have
> been described as Ararat, where the ark supposedly ran aground.
>
> * A beam of 50 cubits or 75 feet, a length of 300 cu bits or 450
> feet, and a height of 30 cubits or 45 feet. [A cubit is the distance
> from the elbow to the tip of the longest finger.]
>
> If you had started studying the Bible when I suggested it years ago
> you'd know these things and could avoid looking so silly when you
> discuss these matters.

You continue to be erroneous as you are led around by your spirit of
error (self):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/016a861cdab3d774?

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus !!!

http://T3WiJ.com

Fred Thomas

Feb 16, 2009, 5:47:37 AM2/16/09

" ::: truth checker :::" <vera...@lycos.com> wrote in message

> In news:gnaden$rk$1...@reader.motzarella.org,
> Fred Thomas <187...@aol.com> typed:
>

> Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly not there
> anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the world - think of
> Andrew.

I'll think that it was quitting time and I was late. Andy most likely had a
brain injury.

>There is probably still time to convert for you... but I am not sure about it.
>Oh, and you know.... life is so short... we can be taken away any time,
>believers or not.

Yes we can die at any time, car crashes, falls from high places, plane
crashes.............but the flying spaghetti monster is here for comfort.

> I had a student last week, and her father had a near death experience... His
> dead little sister was awaiting him in the light, and he knew there was
> someone else, too, but could not see anyone.

Studies and tests have shown this to be the results of oxygen depravition.

>He was out of his body and could see himself lying there. He was re-animated
>within 15 minutes and started to think about his life from that time on and has
>never been like before this event... This happens everywhere in this world...
>People report the same, but not all of them. Some just go to hell...
>
> This father would not have lied to his minor daughter, would he?

It's not a lie, it's just ignorance. The very same type of ignorance of when
people believed in vampires and werewolves.

bob young

Feb 16, 2009, 5:54:05 AM2/16/09

Thommadura wrote:

We have a Disneyland here in Hong Kong,
so I guess Donald is there. Must go take a look !

Fred Thomas

Feb 16, 2009, 6:10:52 AM2/16/09

" ::: truth checker :::" <vera...@lycos.com> wrote in message
> In news:gnaden$rk$1...@reader.motzarella.org,
> Fred Thomas <187...@aol.com> typed:
>

> Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly not there
> anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the world - think of
> Andrew. There is probably still time to convert for you... but I am not sure
> about it. Oh, and you know.... life is so short... we can be taken away any
> time, believers or not.
>
> I had a student last week, and her father had a near death experience... His
> dead little sister was awaiting him in the light, and he knew there was
> someone else, too, but could not see anyone. He was out of his body and could
> see himself lying there. He was re-animated within 15 minutes and started to
> think about his life from that time on and has never been like before this
> event... This happens everywhere in this world... People report the same, but
> not all of them. Some just go to hell...
>
> This father would not have lied to his minor daughter, would he?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/aug/24/2
Scientists develop technique to induce out-of-body experiences

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/09/19/coolsc.outofbody/
Out-of-body experience clues may hide in mind
Scientists: Misfiring brain behind bizarre sensation

bob young

Feb 16, 2009, 6:44:07 AM2/16/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> > > Incorrect.
> > >
> > > Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
> > > as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
> >
> > Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.
>
> The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
> superstitious myth:

Only to those who have been programmed to so believe

bob young

Feb 16, 2009, 6:46:04 AM2/16/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> The world is presently in phase 3: a new influenza virus subtype is causing
> >> disease in humans, but is not yet spreading efficiently and sustainably among
> >> humans.
> >>
> >> In other words your running around yelling the sky is falling.
> >
> > Incorrect.
> >
> > Simply finishing building a large boat and bringing passengers aboard
> > as the rain drops start falling from ominously dark clouds:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU
>
> Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.

The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
superstitious myth:

http://GlobalFlood.org

A lot of verbiage with no substance.

I should have known better than to open it

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 16, 2009, 10:11:50 AM2/16/09
>> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

>> > Stupid reference to a global flood, superstitious myth.
>>
>> The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
>> superstitious myth:
>>
>> http://GlobalFlood.org
>>

>> > While your "warning" of
>> > the impending "doom" your leaving out the other diseases that are just as
>> > dangerous and deadly can encompass the world just like the different strains of
>> > flu virus.
>>
>> At this point in time, it is a new Pan-Flu virus emerging from H5N1,
>> which is circulating about, that appears pose the greatest threat to
>> the existence of humans on this planet.
>>
>> > So your saying the sky is falling!
>>
>> Usenet remains a text-based medium where much is written and posted
>> instead of being said.
>>
>> Again, what we are **teaching** to prepare folks for the eventuality
>> of a catastrophic Pan-Flu:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

" Hanoi - A Vietnamese man has tested positive for the H5N1 avian
influenza virus, the third confirmed case of bird flu in Vietnam this
year, hospital sources said Monday. The patient is a man in his 30s
from the province of Ninh Binh, 100 kilometres south of Hanoi. Doctors
at Hanoi's Hospital for Infectious and Tropical Diseases said he had
been hospitalized for five days with high fever and respiratory
difficulties, and had tested positive for bird flu on Saturday.

The patient's condition was reportedly less severe than earlier cases
this year in Vietnam, but worsening.

Vietnam's first confirmed human case of bird flu this year was a
13-year-old girl from Thanh Hoa province, 150 kilometers south of
Hanoi. The girl's older sister died on January 2 after displaying
symptoms consistent with bird flu, but was not tested for the virus.

A 23-year-old woman in Quang Ninh province, 150 kilometres west of
Hanoi, has been hospitalized with bird flu since February 3 after
eating the meat of a sick chicken.

Avian influenza has infected 106 people in Vietnam and killed 52 since
it first appeared in the country in late 2003.

The disease is usually spread by contact between sick birds and
humans, but scientists fear that the virus could mutate into a form
that is easily transmissible among humans and spark a global pandemic
that could kill millions."

Source:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/255870,third-bird-flu-case-this-year-in-vietnam.html

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 16, 2009, 12:44:40 PM2/16/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>" ::: truth checker :::" wrote:
>>

>> Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly not there
>> anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the world - think of
>> Andrew. There is probably still time to convert for you... but I am not sure
>> about it. Oh, and you know.... life is so short... we can be taken away any
>> time, believers or not.
>>
>> I had a student last week, and her father had a near death experience... His
>> dead little sister was awaiting him in the light, and he knew there was
>> someone else, too, but could not see anyone. He was out of his body and could
>> see himself lying there. He was re-animated within 15 minutes and started to
>> think about his life from that time on and has never been like before this
>> event... This happens everywhere in this world... People report the same, but
>> not all of them. Some just go to hell...
>>
>> This father would not have lied to his minor daughter, would he?
>>
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/aug/24/2
>Scientists develop technique to induce out-of-body experiences

From your citation:

Scientists have induced the age-old phenomenon of out-of-body
experiences in healthy volunteers for the first time.

The technique, which uses a virtual-reality-style set up of cameras
linked to a head-mounted video display, will help researchers
understand how the brain assimilates sensory information to determine
the position of its body.

The technique could also improve virtual reality games and remote
surgery by creating the illusion that a person is somewhere other than
in their own body.

Out-of-body experiences are defined as those where a person who is
awake sees their own body from somewhere outside themselves. The
experiences have been reported in situations where brain function has
been damaged through a stroke, epilepsy or drug abuse. The most common
cases occur in traumatic situations such as car accidents or on
operating tables.

"Out-of body-experiences have fascinated mankind for millennia - their
existence has raised fundamental questions about the relationship
between human consciousness and the body, and has been much discussed
in theology, philosophy and psychology," said Henrik Ehrsson, who
carried out his experiments at University College London and is now
based at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.

"Although out-of-body experiences have been reported in a number of
clinical conditions, the neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
remains unclear."

One idea is that these experiences could be explained by errors in how
the brain assimilates the visual, tactile and other sensory
information coming in from the body. Normally the brain uses the
information to construct an idea of the body's position in space. By
mixing up the sensory inputs Dr Ehrsson wanted to see if the brain
could be tricked into believing its body was somewhere else.

In his experiment participants wore goggles containing a video screen
for each eye. Each screen was fed images from a separate camera behind
the participant and, because the two images were combined by the brain
into a single image, they saw a 3D image of their own back.

Dr Ehrsson then moved a plastic rod towards a location just below the
cameras while the participant's real chest was simultaneously touched
in the corresponding position. The participants reported feeling that
they were located back where the cameras had been placed, watching a
body that belonged to someone else.

Olaf Blanke of Ecole Polytechique Fédérale de Lausanne carried out a
similar experiment but added another exercise after the virtual
reality section, blindfolding the volunteers and guiding them a few
steps backwards. When the volunteers were asked to return to their
original position, he found they were confused, always overshooting
their actual start position in the direction of their virtual body.

"This is a part of what people with spontaneous out of body
experiences have, the self is not within the bodily borders," said
Professor Blanke. "This is some aspect of an out-of-body experience we
have reproduced in a mechanistic way."

Volunteers did not overshoot their original position if they just saw
a black screen or a plain box in their goggles.

Both research groups, who published their results today in Science,
concluded that confusion between the senses was a key mechanism in the
explanation of out- of-body experiences.

As well as providing scientists with a way to examine out-of-body
experiences further in a lab setting, the experiments could have
industrial applications. "This is essentially a means of projecting
yourself, a form of teleportation," said Dr Ehrsson. "If we can
project people into a virtual character, so they feel and respond as
if they were really in a virtual version of themselves, just imagine
the implications.

"The experience of playing video games could reach a whole new level,
but it could go much beyond that. A surgeon could perform remote
surgery, by controlling their virtual self from a different location."

** end citation **

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling

you to unwittingly provide the scientific evidence that an
"out-of-body experience" occurs in normal people given visual
information from outside of their bodies so that folks having such
experiences can no longer be said to have malfunctioning brains.

Where is this "out-of-body" visual information coming from when there
are no "out-of-body" cameras around?

The soul ! ! !

Truth is simple :-)

<><

http://JiL4ever.net

Don Kirkman

Feb 16, 2009, 4:03:01 PM2/16/09
<e326e8cf-31c7-4b4f...@v38g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/87b3758edd736a02?

>> The "global flood" apparently was caused at the dawn of history in
>> that part of the world, when the Mediterranean overlapped a natural
>> dam dividing it from the Black Sea, letting sea water raise the Black
>> Sea level several hundred feet. Remains of pre-catastrophe villages
>> have been found in the seabed. Versions of the flood story exist in
>> cultures in the Near and Middle East, but apparently nowhere else in
>> the world. Add to that the impossibility of two or seven (both
>> numbers are used in the Bible) of every kind of living creature in a
>> boat smaller than most modern naval ships sort of argues against the
>> historicity of the story*. And of course two different mountains have
>> been described as Ararat, where the ark supposedly ran aground.

>> * A beam of 50 cubits or 75 feet, a length of 300 cu bits or 450
>> feet, and a height of 30 cubits or 45 feet. [A cubit is the distance
>> from the elbow to the tip of the longest finger.]

>> If you had started studying the Bible when I suggested it years ago
>> you'd know these things and could avoid looking so silly when you
>> discuss these matters.

>You continue to be erroneous as you are led around by your spirit of
>error (self):

As Casey Stengel wisely advised, "You could look it up." But we all
know you won't.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Anon

Feb 16, 2009, 4:04:42 PM2/16/09
ABC claim existence of a "soul"?

What scientific evidence does ABC have for the existence of any souls?

None!

So souls are like fairies.

Fred Thomas

Feb 16, 2009, 4:14:43 PM2/16/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu> wrote in message

> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>>" ::: truth checker :::" wrote:
>>>

>>> Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly not there
>>> anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the world - think of
>>> Andrew. There is probably still time to convert for you... but I am not sure
>>> about it. Oh, and you know.... life is so short... we can be taken away any
>>> time, believers or not.
>>>
>>> I had a student last week, and her father had a near death experience... His
>>> dead little sister was awaiting him in the light, and he knew there was
>>> someone else, too, but could not see anyone. He was out of his body and
>>> could
>>> see himself lying there. He was re-animated within 15 minutes and started to
>>> think about his life from that time on and has never been like before this
>>> event... This happens everywhere in this world... People report the same,
>>> but
>>> not all of them. Some just go to hell...
>>>
>>> This father would not have lied to his minor daughter, would he?
>>>
>>http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/aug/24/2
>>Scientists develop technique to induce out-of-body experiences

<snip>

> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly provide the scientific evidence that an
> "out-of-body experience" occurs in normal people given visual
> information from outside of their bodies so that folks having such
> experiences can no longer be said to have malfunctioning brains.
>
> Where is this "out-of-body" visual information coming from when there
> are no "out-of-body" cameras around?

Andy, the "out of body" experiences are brain induced, they are not real. They
are very realistic dreams, nothing more. Science has stumbled on how the
"visions" are created in the brain. There is no referance to a "soul". Dude,
your supposed to be an educated person, this doctor stuff ya know?

Fred Thomas

Feb 16, 2009, 4:23:15 PM2/16/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu> wrote in message news:db0jp49lpvgkn5m6t...@4ax.com...

>>> The global flood described in Genesis is far from being a
>>> superstitious myth:
>>>
>>> http://GlobalFlood.org

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0903696.html

Sources: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC); The World Health Organization (WHO).

The following is a list of the most common infectious diseases throughout the world today. Accurate caseload numbers are difficult to determine, especially because so many of these diseases are endemic to developing countries, where many people do not have access to modern medical care. Approximately half of all deaths caused by infectious diseases each year can be attributed to just three diseases: tuberculosis, malaria, and AIDS. Together, these diseases cause over 300 million illnesses and more than 5 million deaths each year.

The list does not include diseases that have received a significant amount of media attention in recent years—such as Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever or West Nile Virus > but which in fact have infected a relatively small number of people

African Trypanosomiasis (“sleeping sickness”): African trypanosomiasis is spread by the tsetse fly, which is common to many African countries. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that nearly 450,000 cases occur each year. Symptoms of the disease include fever, headaches, joint pains, and itching in the early stage, and confusion, sensory disturbances, poor coordination, and disrupted sleep cycles in the second stage. If the disease goes untreated in its first stage, it causes irreparable neurological damage; if it goes untreated in its second stage, it is fatal.

Cholera: Cholera is a disease spread mostly through contaminated drinking water and unsanitary conditions. It is endemic in the Indian subcontinent, Russia, and sub-Saharan Africa. It is an acute infection of the intestines with the bacterium Vibrio cholerae. Its main symptom is copious diarrhea. Between 5% and 10% of those infected with the disease will develop severe symptoms, which also include vomiting and leg cramps. In its severe form, cholera can cause death by dehydration. An estimated 200,000 cases are reported to WHO annually.

Cryptosporidiosis: Cryptosporidiosis has become one of the most common causes of waterborne disease in the United States in recent years; it is also found throughout the rest of the world. It is caused by a parasite that spreads when a water source is contaminated, usually with the feces of infected animals or humans. Symptoms include diarrhea, stomach cramps, an upset stomach, and slight fever. Some people do not exhibit any symptoms.

Dengue: WHO estimates that 50 million cases of dengue fever appear each year. It is spread through the bite of the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Recent years have seen dengue outbreaks all over Asia and Africa. Dengue fever can be mild to moderate, and occasionally severe, though it is rarely fatal. Mild cases, which usually affect infants and young children, involve a nonspecific febrile illness, while moderate cases, seen in older children and adults, display high fever, severe headaches, muscle and joint pains, and rash. Severe cases develop into dengue hemorrhagic fever, which involves high fever, hemorrhaging, and sometimes circulatory failure.

Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is a highly contagious liver disease caused by the hepatitis A virus. Spread primarily by the fecal-oral route or by ingestion of contaminated water or food, the number of annual infections worldwide is estimated at 1.4 million. Symptoms include fever, fatigue, jaundice, and dark urine. Although those exposed usually develop lifelong immunity, the best protection against Hepatitis A is vaccination.

Hepatitis B: Approximately 2 billion people are infected with the hepatitis B virus (HBV), making it the most common infectious disease in the world today. Over 350 million of those infected never rid themselves of the infection. Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver that causes symptoms such as jaundice, extreme fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain; hepatitis B is the most serious form of the disease. Chronic infections can cause cirrhosis of the liver or liver cancer in later years.

Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C is a less common, and less severe, form of hepatitis. An estimated 180 million people worldwide are infected with hepatitis C virus (HCV); 3–4 million more are infected every year. The majority of HCV cases are asymptomatic, even in people who develop chronic infection.

HIV/AIDS: See Understanding AIDS.

Influenza: Several influenza epidemics in the 20th century caused millions of deaths worldwide, including the worst epidemic in American history, the Spanish influenza outbreak that killed more than 500,000 in 1918. Today influenza is less of a public health threat, though it continues to be a serious disease that affects many people. Approximately 20,000 people die of the flu in the United States every year. The influenza virus attacks the human respiratory tract, causing symptoms such as fever, headaches, fatigue, coughing, sore throat, nasal congestion, and body aches.

Japanese Encephalitis: Japanese encephalitis is a mosquito-borne disease endemic in Asia. Around 50,000 cases occur each year; 25% to 30% of all cases are fatal.

Leishmaniasis: Leishmaniasis is a disease spread by the bite of the sandfly. It is found mostly in tropical countries. There are several types of leishmaniasis, and they vary in symptoms and severity. Visceral leishmaniasis (VL, or kala azar) is the most severe; left untreated, it is always fatal. Its symptoms include fever, weight loss, anemia, and a swelling of the spleen and liver. Mucocutaneous leishmaniasis (MCL, or espundia) produces lesions that affect the nose, mouth, and throat and can destroy their mucous membranes. Cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) produces skin ulcers, sometimes as many as 200, that cause disability and extensive scarring. Diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis (DCL) is similar to CL, and infected people are prone to relapses. Approximately 12 million cases of leishmaniasis exist today.

Malaria: Malaria is a mosquito-borne disease that affects more than 500 million people annually, causing between 1 and 3 million deaths. It is most common in tropical and subtropical climates and is found in 90 countries—but 90% of all cases are found in Sub-Saharan Africa. Most of its victims are children. The first stage consists of shaking and chills, the next stage involves high fever and severe headache, and in the final stage the infected person's temperature drops and he or she sweats profusely. Infected people also often suffer from anemia, weakness, and a swelling of the spleen. Malaria was almost eradicated 30 years ago; now it is on the rise again.

Measles: Measles is a disease that has seen a drastic reduction in countries where a vaccine is readily available, but it is still prevalent in developing countries, where most of the 242,000 deaths (out of 30 million cases) it caused in 2006 occurred. Symptoms include high fever, coughing, and a maculo-papular rash; common complications include diarrhea, pneumonia, and ear infections.

Meningitis: Meningitis, often known as spinal meningitis, is an infection of the spinal cord. It is usually the result of a viral or bacterial infection. Bacterial meningitis is more severe than viral meningitis and may cause brain damage, hearing loss, and learning disabilities. An estimated 1.2 million cases of bacterial meningitis occur every year, over a tenth of which are fatal. Symptoms include severe headache, fever, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, delirium, photophobia, and a stiff neck.

Onchocerciasis (“river blindness”): Onchocerciasis is caused by the larvae of Onchocerca volvulus, a parasitic worm that lives in the human body for years. It is endemic in Africa, where nearly all of the 18 million people infected with the disease live. Of those infected, over 6.5 million have developed dermatitis and 270,000 have gone blind. Symptoms include visual impairment, rashes, lesions, intense itching, skin depigmentation, and lymphadenitis.

Pneumonia: Pneumonia has many possible causes, but it is usually an infection of the streptococcus or mycoplasma bacteria. These bacteria can live in the human body without causing infection for years, and only surface when another illness has lowered the person's immunity to disease. Streptococcus pneumoniae causes streptococcal pneumonia, the most common kind, which is more severe than mycoplasmal pneumonia. S. pneumoniae is responsible for more than 100,000 hospitalizations for pneumonia annually, as well as 6 million cases of otitis media and over 60,000 cases of invasive diseases such as meningitis.

Rotavirus: Rotavirus is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis worldwide. It kills more than 600,000 children each year, mostly in developing countries. Symptoms include vomiting, watery diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain.

Schistosomiasis: Schistosomiasis is a parasitic disease that is endemic in many developing countries. Roughly 200 million people worldwide are infected with the flukeworm, whose eggs cause the symptoms of the disease. Some 120 million of those infected are symptomatic, and 20 million suffer severely from the infection. Symptoms include rash and itchiness soon after becoming infected, followed by fever, chills, coughing, and muscle aches.

Shigellosis: Shigella infection causes an estimated 600,000 deaths worldwide every year. It is most common in developing countries with poor sanitation. Shigella bacteria cause bacillary dysentery, or shigellosis. Symptoms include diarrhea with bloody stool, vomiting, and abdominal cramps.

Strep Throat: Strep throat is caused by the streptococcus bacteria. Several million cases of strep throat occur every year. Symptoms include a sore throat, fever, headache, fatigue, and nausea.

Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis causes nearly 2 million deaths every year, and WHO estimates that nearly 1 billion people will be infected between 2000 and 2020 if more effective preventive procedures are not adopted. The TB bacteria are most often found in the lungs, where they can cause chest pain and a bad cough that brings up bloody phlegm. Other symptoms include fatigue, weight loss, appetite loss, chills, fever, and night sweats.

Typhoid: Typhoid fever causes an estimated 600,000 deaths annually, out of 12–17 million cases. It is usually spread through infected food or water. Symptoms include a sudden and sustained fever, severe headache, nausea, severe appetite loss, constipation, and sometimes diarrhea.

Yellow Fever: Yellow fever causes an estimated 30,000 deaths each year, out of 200,000 cases. The disease has two phases. In the “acute phase,” symptoms include fever, muscle pain, headache, shivers, appetite loss, nausea, and vomiting. This lasts for 3–4 days, after which most patients recover. But 15% will enter the “toxic phase,” in which fever reappears, along with other symptoms, including jaundice; abdominal pain; vomiting; bleeding from the mouth, nose, eyes, and stomach; and deterioration of kidney function (sometimes complete kidney failure). Half of all patients in the toxic phase die within two weeks; the other half recover.

See also Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Tropical Diseases, Rare and Deadly Diseases, Food-Borne Diseases, Mosquito and Tick-Borne Diseases, Childhood Diseases.

Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson Education, Inc. All rights reserved.

Don Kirkman

Feb 16, 2009, 4:42:37 PM2/16/09
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Anon wrote in article
<hate30-37F81F....@news.usenetmonster.com>:

>ABC claim existence of a "soul"?

>What scientific evidence does ABC have for the existence of any souls?

>None!

So in fact the studies seem to eliminate any need to posit the
existence of a soul, since they produced the OOB experience without
enlisting the assistance of one.

More seriously, the original meaning of "soul" in Biblical thought
was not an entity existing apart from the physical body but was
literally the life-force that animates a body. In some contexts it
seems to be closely linked to the blood though not the same thing.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Cary Kittrell

Feb 16, 2009, 4:46:01 PM2/16/09
In article <gncl0c$tm3$1...@news.motzarella.org> "Fred Thomas" <187...@aol.com> writes:
> 6f8180-0dd5-4c5b-...@o11g2000yql.googlegroups.com> <gnaden$rk$1...@reader.motzarella.org> <6vs30bF...@mid.individual.net> <gnbhk6$tci$1...@news.motzarella.org> <0k8jp41of13hkum85...@4ax.com>

Well, I doubt they get much in the way of parapsychology in medical
school.

Which is no excuse for Andy's not having read Susan Blackmore's (everyone's
favorite ex-parapsychologist) classic "In Search of the Light", wherein she
describes her years of investigating the phenomenon, complete with
her own vivid and quite typical OOB experience.

Short version: there's no there there.

-- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 16, 2009, 9:30:40 PM2/16/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/20aaaadee7528622?

> Andy, the "out of body" experiences are brain induced, they are not real.

Incorrect.

Again from your citation:

"Although out-of-body experiences have been reported in a number of
clinical conditions, the neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
remains unclear."

> They are very realistic dreams, nothing more.

Incorrect.

Again from your citation:

"The experience of playing video games could reach a whole new level,
but it could go much beyond that. A surgeon could perform remote
surgery, by controlling their virtual self from a different location."

> Science has stumbled on how the

> "visions" are created in the brain.

Incorrect.

The researchers used visual information from cameras outside the body
to produce an "out-of-body" experience.

> There is no referance to a "soul".

Incorrect.

The reference to a "soul" occurs as the implied source of visual
information outside the body when no cameras are present to supply
visual information for the "out-of-body" experience.

Again from your citation:

"Out-of-body experiences are defined as those where a person who is
awake sees their own body from somewhere outside themselves."

Bottom line:

"Out-of-body" experiences are not dreams since by definition they are
occurring in "a person who is awake."

Again, many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His
compelling you to unwittingly provide evidence for souls in the
example of "out-of-body" experiences.

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

monkfish

Feb 16, 2009, 10:09:50 PM2/16/09
Anon wrote:

So is your self.

--
monkfish

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 16, 2009, 11:10:39 PM2/16/09
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

> >> The "global flood" apparently was caused at the dawn of history in
> >> that part of the world, when the Mediterranean overlapped a natural
> >> dam dividing it from the Black Sea, letting sea water raise the Black
> >> Sea level several hundred feet. Remains of pre-catastrophe villages
> >> have been found in the seabed. Versions of the flood story exist in
> >> cultures in the Near and Middle East, but apparently nowhere else in
> >> the world. Add to that the impossibility of two or seven (both
> >> numbers are used in the Bible) of every kind of living creature in a
> >> boat smaller than most modern naval ships sort of argues against the
> >> historicity of the story*. And of course two different mountains have
> >> been described as Ararat, where the ark supposedly ran aground.
>
> >> * A beam of 50 cubits or 75 feet, a length of 300 cu bits or 450
> >> feet, and a height of 30 cubits or 45 feet. [A cubit is the distance
> >> from the elbow to the tip of the longest finger.]
>
> >> If you had started studying the Bible when I suggested it years ago
> >> you'd know these things and could avoid looking so silly when you
> >> discuss these matters.
>
> > You continue to be erroneous as you are led around by your spirit of
> > error (self):
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/016a861cdab3d774?

> As Casey Stengel wisely advised, "You could look it up."

Wiser to rely on the counsel of the Holy Spirit, Who helps only those
who forsake self while trusting in the truth, Who is Jesus (T3WIJ).

Solus Scriptura cum Spiritus Sancti.

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus !!!

http://T3WiJ.com

May you and other dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a

Anon

Feb 16, 2009, 11:19:05 PM2/16/09
is disproved by a finite set of finite FISONs

Don Kirkman

Feb 17, 2009, 2:19:49 AM2/17/09
<19f11e05-e08f-4d63...@v42g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> As Casey Stengel wisely advised, "You could look it up."

>Wiser to rely on the counsel of the Holy Spirit, Who helps only those
>who forsake self while trusting in the truth, Who is Jesus (T3WIJ).

Remembering, of course, that I have mentioned before Jesus as "truth"
is literally "the one who can be trusted," " the Trustworthy One."
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Don Kirkman

Feb 17, 2009, 2:19:50 AM2/17/09
<9d6a5de5-4a49-4f9d...@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/20aaaadee7528622?
>> >
>> Andy, the "out of body" experiences are brain induced, they are not real.
>
>Incorrect.
>
>Again from your citation:

>"Although out-of-body experiences have been reported in a number of
>clinical conditions, the neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
>remains unclear."

Saying the basis is unclear is very different from saying the
phenomenon doesn't exist.

>> They are very realistic dreams, nothing more.
>
>Incorrect.
>
>Again from your citation:
>
>"The experience of playing video games could reach a whole new level,
>but it could go much beyond that. A surgeon could perform remote
>surgery, by controlling their virtual self from a different location."

>> Science has stumbled on how the
>> "visions" are created in the brain.
>
>Incorrect.
>
>The researchers used visual information from cameras outside the body
>to produce an "out-of-body" experience.

But that does not imply that cameras or other external forces are
*necessary* to the experience.

>> There is no referance to a "soul".
>
>Incorrect.
>
>The reference to a "soul" occurs as the implied source of visual
>information outside the body when no cameras are present to supply
>visual information for the "out-of-body" experience.

So as Fred said, there is no reference to a soul, only your "implied
source."

Applying Occam's Razor strongly suggests there is no need for a soul
to explain the OOB experience.

>Again from your citation:

>"Out-of-body experiences are defined as those where a person who is
>awake sees their own body from somewhere outside themselves."

>Bottom line:
>
>"Out-of-body" experiences are not dreams since by definition they are
>occurring in "a person who is awake."

"Brain induced" is not the same thing as "dreams." OTOH, I would be
willing to be that many people have dreams of being outside their own
body, dreams just as vivid as the waking experience.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 17, 2009, 6:04:02 AM2/17/09
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> >> Andy, the "out of body" experiences are brain induced, they are not real.
> >
> >Incorrect.
> >
> >Again from your citation:
>
> >"Although out-of-body experiences have been reported in a number of
> >clinical conditions, the neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
> >remains unclear."
>
> Saying the basis is unclear is very different from saying the
> phenomenon doesn't exist.

Correct.

Similarly, writing that the "neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
remains unclear" is very different from writing that the phenomenon is
"not real."

Fred Thomas

Feb 17, 2009, 6:21:34 AM2/17/09

> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
>> >
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/20aaaadee7528622?
>> >
>> Andy, the "out of body" experiences are brain induced, they are not real.
>
> Incorrect.
>
> Again from your citation:
Well Andy, just like your leave stuff out of your bible to "prove" your insane
belief........

From citation, which you failed to read.......
"Neurology researchers in Switzerland report the case of a woman who described
"floating above her own body and watching herself" while she was undergoing
testing and treatment for epilepsy. The strange experience only occurred when
one particular part of her brain, the angular gyrus in the right cortex, was
stimulated with an electrode. And it happened every time the angular gyrus was
stimulated. "

"At other times during the same session, Blanke said, the patient screamed,
because she "saw" her legs shortening, and "saw" her knees about to hit her
face."

Notice the doctors induced the dream like "out of body experience" by
stimulation with an electrode.

From citation, which you failer to read.

"While the electrodes are implanted under full anesthesia, patients are fully
awake during the testing procedure, so their comfort, language skills, and

Notice the state of the subject during the tests? awake, not under anesthesia.

More citation....

"An out-of-body experience may be a slight disconnect or misfiring of the
processing of information. And, said both Blanke and Gordon, the trauma of
having electrodes implanted in one's skull, plus the fear and uncertainty that
go along with a complex clinical procedure, could possibly help trigger such a
misfiring of information, such as the case of the Geneva patient. "

"Lots of people try to explain something away which is for many people, an
amazing experience that has transformed their lives. I hope we can add some
precise neuroscience and try to collaborate with people in many fields," said
Blanke."

Bottom line Andy, your sick......seek help.

Kilmir

Feb 17, 2009, 7:41:22 AM2/17/09
On 16 feb, 18:44, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu> wrote:
> convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:
<snip>

> ** end citation **
>
> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
> you to unwittingly provide the scientific evidence that an
> "out-of-body experience" occurs in normal people given visual
> information from outside of their bodies so that folks having such
> experiences can no longer be said to have malfunctioning brains.
>
> Where is this "out-of-body" visual information coming from when there
> are no "out-of-body" cameras around?
>
> The soul ! ! !
>
> Truth is simple :-)

Actually the "normal" out-of-body experiences are because the brain
interprets the normal sensory information and somehow places the sense
of self in the wrong location. The information sources are the same as
they always are, it's just the brain messing up.
The whole research you cited is aimed at figuring out how to induce
that effect and possibly manipulate it by providing "false" sensory
data.

Dan Listermann

Feb 17, 2009, 9:27:09 AM2/17/09

"monkfish" <monkfish@nowhere> wrote in message

Silly boy.

MU

Feb 17, 2009, 10:25:09 AM2/17/09
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:40 -0500, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Scientists have induced the age-old phenomenon of out-of-body
> experiences in healthy volunteers for the first time.
>
> The technique, which uses a virtual-reality-style set up of cameras
> linked to a head-mounted video display, will help researchers
> understand how the brain assimilates sensory information to determine
> the position of its body.

Here's a clue for your researchers. This has been looked at consistently
for years in various fields including kinesiology. He's what they found
out.

Next to nothing.

Why?

Because the linking of the various systems inherent in either attempted
locomotion or locomotion (bodily movement) is inherently and extremely
complex.

Take a simple plyometric sequence in training athletes. The box
drop-jump. I have had countless athletes demonstrate and have the
physical requirements to generate huge amounts of force in a series of
testing/training Olympic-styled lifts. So the nervous system
capabilities are there, firing throughout the body.

But then they have to find themselves in space, from the top of the box
to the striking of the floor to the generation of the jump, they simply
cannot replicate the power. Yet, theoretically and conceptually, a box
drop-jump is much less complex than a pull from floor, overhead lockout
of a barbell.

Introduce the requirement of uncontrolled space, their systems fail. The
complexity is the reason, the intercommo of the human systems, sight,
sound, spatial differentiation........
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7

MU

Feb 17, 2009, 10:28:20 AM2/17/09

The concept that one can introduce data that would lead to a spiritual
engine, the soul, producing, a sensory experience, is far outside of
whose limited viewpoint? Your own?
--
http://tinyurl.com/5gt7

monkfish

Feb 17, 2009, 12:24:02 PM2/17/09
Dan Listermann wrote:

Have you ever tried to prove
that your self is real?

--
monkfish

Don Kirkman

Feb 17, 2009, 1:50:11 PM2/17/09
<9daadf0f-1c0c-427a...@m40g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:

>> >Incorrect.

>> >Again from your citation:

>> >"Although out-of-body experiences have been reported in a number of
>> >clinical conditions, the neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
>> >remains unclear."

>> Saying the basis is unclear is very different from saying the
>> phenomenon doesn't exist.

>Correct.

>Similarly, writing that the "neuro-scientific basis of this phenomenon
>remains unclear" is very different from writing that the phenomenon is
>"not real."

I think you rephrased it well--it still means exactly what I wrote.
"Not real" is synonymous with "doesn't exist."

And nobody is arguing that the phenomenon is not real, only that it
occurs **within the brain of the individual** and not as an actual
observable event. UFO sightings may be a reasonable analogy.
--
Don Kirkman
don...@charter.net

Dan Listermann

Feb 17, 2009, 2:19:24 PM2/17/09

"monkfish" <monkfish@nowhere> wrote in message

Silly boy.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 17, 2009, 2:29:31 PM2/17/09
Kilmir wrote:
> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote in part:

><snip>
>> ** end citation **
>>
>> Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for His compelling
>> you to unwittingly provide the scientific evidence that an
>> "out-of-body experience" occurs in normal people given visual
>> information from outside of their bodies so that folks having such
>> experiences can no longer be said to have malfunctioning brains.
>>
>> Where is this "out-of-body" visual information coming from when there
>> are no "out-of-body" cameras around?
>>
>> The soul ! ! !
>>
>> Truth is simple :-)
>
>Actually the "normal" out-of-body experiences are because the brain
>interprets the normal sensory information and somehow places the sense
>of self in the wrong location.

Incorrect.

The usual out-of-body experiences (and this from both personal and
clinical experience) are occurring in folks whose eyes are closed,
because of cardiopulmonary arrest, or otherwise covered by a sterile
drape, because of the need to keep the surgical field aseptic, so that
they are not really receiving any binocular visual information from
their eyes comparable to what has been described to be required in the
study cited above. Thus, these folks are necessarily receiving
**bilateral** visual information from another source, which would
plausibly be the soul especial for those who are able to accurately
describe what was visually occurring while their vision was obstructed
(random cortical misfirings would only possibly provide disconnected
fleeting unilateral visual images that would be nothing like what has
been shown to be required for the out-of-body experience) .

<><

http://JiL4ever.net

Sanity's Little Helper

Feb 17, 2009, 3:17:00 PM2/17/09
It is an ancient "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu>, and he
posteth:

You haven't studied any neuroscience, have you Andy?

--
David Silverman
aa #2208

Not authentic without this signature.

paris...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2009, 4:03:01 PM2/17/09
On Feb 16, 9:44 am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu>
wrote:

Hardly an "out-of-body experience". They're just looking through a
camera that's looking at their body. It's an illusion.

Fred Thomas

Feb 17, 2009, 4:12:49 PM2/17/09

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu> wrote in message
Incorrect, read the text again Andy, the test subjects in this experiments are
fully awake. The OFB "episodes can happen with or with out the eyes closed.

Cary Kittrell

Feb 17, 2009, 4:18:12 PM2/17/09
In article <ffa23f3e-2c63-459b...@o2g2000prl.googlegroups.com> paris...@gmail.com writes:
> On Feb 16, 9:44=A0am, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <ach...@emory.edu>

> wrote:
> > convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> there
> of
> t sure

> y any

> .. His
> d could
> ted to
> this
> > Olaf Blanke of Ecole Polytechique F=E9d=E9rale de Lausanne carried out a
> > http://JiL4ever.net=A0

> Hardly an "out-of-body experience". They're just looking through a
> camera that's looking at their body. It's an illusion.

Andrew is completely correct that there's nothing abnormal about
OOBEs -- they're quite common in fact -- and although
they are often associated with trauma or anaesthesia,
most times they occur in perfectly ordinary situations.

But fact that OOBEs are visual is no more "proof" of the soul
than are the vivid visual landscapes experienced by lucid
dreamers, scenes which my friends who frequently dream lucidly
sometimes describe as "more real" than waking vision.

There have been experiments designed at seeing if those
"out of the body" can see things hidden from their
regular vision. None have been peer-reviewed and
successfully replicated.

-- cary

Thommadura

Feb 17, 2009, 4:22:08 PM2/17/09

Just as important

THe most typical things people claim to see when they have a near death
OOBE is exactly what they EXPECT to see.

WE have people who have seen what they believe from their religion - of
MANY different religions - or none at all.

::: truth checker :::

Feb 17, 2009, 5:25:55 PM2/17/09
In news:499944E5...@netvigator.com,
bob young <alasp...@netvigator.com> typed:
> Thommadura wrote:
>
>> ::: truth checker ::: wrote:
>>> In news:gn91ju$3sk$1...@news.motzarella.org,
>>> Fred Thomas <fr...@aol.com> typed:
>>>
>>> ... on the other hand, have you ever seen Donald Duck in China?
>>>

>> Actually - since Hong Kong is part of china - YES.
>
> We have a Disneyland here in Hong Kong,
> so I guess Donald is there. Must go take a look !

You will not find him. It is too late. :-(

monkfish

Feb 17, 2009, 5:48:33 PM2/17/09
Dan Listermann wrote:

> "monkfish" <monkfish@nowhere> wrote in message
>> Dan Listermann wrote:
>>

>>> "monkfish" <monkfish@nowhere> wrote in message

>>> Silly boy.
>>

>> Have you ever tried to prove
>> that your self is real?
>
> Silly boy.

Is that why you are so sure that
you are real?
Forever?

--
monkfish

::: truth checker :::

Feb 17, 2009, 7:36:43 PM2/17/09
In news:gnbhk6$tci$1...@news.motzarella.org,
Fred Thomas <187...@aol.com> typed:
> " ::: truth checker :::" <vera...@lycos.com> wrote in message
>> In news:gnaden$rk$1...@reader.motzarella.org,
>> Fred Thomas <187...@aol.com> typed:

>> Fred Thomas, when you find people working next to you are suddenly
>> not there anymore, and if similar things happen everywhere on the
>> world - think of Andrew. There is probably still time to convert for
>> you... but I am not sure about it. Oh, and you know.... life is so
>> short... we can be taken away any time, believers or not.

>> I had a student last week, and her father had a near death
>> experience... His dead little sister was awaiting him in the light,
>> and he knew there was someone else, too, but could not see anyone.
>> He was out of his body and could see himself lying there. He was
>> re-animated within 15 minutes and started to think about his life
>> from that time on and has never been like before this event... This
>> happens everywhere in this world... People report the same, but not

>> all of them. Some just go to hell... This father would not have lied
>> to his minor daughter, would he?
>>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/aug/24/2
> Scientists develop technique to induce out-of-body experiences
>
> http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/09/19/coolsc.outofbody/
> Out-of-body experience clues may hide in mind
> Scientists: Misfiring brain behind bizarre sensation

So?

Fred Thomas

Feb 17, 2009, 8:06:50 PM2/17/09

" ::: truth checker :::" <vera...@lycos.com> wrote in message
So?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 17, 2009, 10:33:33 PM2/17/09
convicted neighbor Fred Thomas wrote:

> > Kilmir wrote:
> >> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote in part:
> >>>
> >><snip>

> >>Actually the "normal" out-of-body experiences are because the brain
> >>interprets the normal sensory information and somehow places the sense
> >>of self in the wrong location.
> >
> > Incorrect.
> >
> > The **usual** out-of-body experiences (and this from both personal and

**emphasis** added.

> > clinical experience) are occurring in folks whose eyes are closed,
> > because of cardiopulmonary arrest, or otherwise covered by a sterile
> > drape, because of the need to keep the surgical field aseptic, so that
> > they are not really receiving any binocular visual information from
> > their eyes comparable to what has been described to be required in the
> > study cited above. Thus, these folks are necessarily receiving
> > **bilateral** visual information from another source, which would

> > plausibly be the soul especially for those who are able to accurately

> > describe what was visually occurring while their vision was obstructed
> > (random cortical misfirings would only possibly provide disconnected
> > fleeting unilateral visual images that would be nothing like what has
> > been shown to be required for the out-of-body experience) .
> >
> Incorrect, read the text again Andy, the test subjects in this experiments are
> fully awake. The OFB "episodes can happen with or with out the eyes closed.

See **emphasis** above.

<><

http://JiL4ever.net

bob young

Feb 17, 2009, 11:12:02 PM2/17/09

::: truth checker ::: wrote:

> In news:499944E5...@netvigator.com,
> bob young <alasp...@netvigator.com> typed:
> > Thommadura wrote:

> >> Actually - since Hong Kong is part of china - YES.
> >
> > We have a Disneyland here in Hong Kong,
> > so I guess Donald is there. Must go take a look !
>
> You will not find him. It is too late. :-(

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck; then it's a duck

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Feb 18, 2009, 4:10:55 AM2/18/09
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/518c33efe51560d7?

<><

"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the
LORD." (Proverbs 16:33)

Amen.

Nothing happens by chance because everything happens only as GOD
allows it (Ecclesiastes 9:11):

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/21527d1832960109?

Sign that GOD can unleash an H5N1 Pandemic (Pan-Flu) at any time to
wipe out all humans:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d61c85f2e2af3a7d?

What we are teaching to prepare folks for the eventuality of a
catastrophic Pan-Flu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfmkax1wbRU

How to not be fearful:

Trust the truth, Who is Jesus !!!