Os Grupos Google já não suportam novas publicações ou subscrições da Usenet. O conteúdo anterior permanece visível.

PAR Shortwave Antenna?

62 visualizações
Ir para a primeira mensagem não lida

Mike M.

não lida,
25/02/2008, 10:59:1425/02/08
para
Hello,
Anyone use one of these receiving only antennas? This is the 45
foot omnidirectional unit.
Mike
A mensagem foi eliminada

RHF

não lida,
25/02/2008, 15:26:5725/02/08
para
On Feb 25, 7:59 am, "Mike M." <mi...@evenlink.com> wrote:
-
- Hello,
- Anyone use  one of these receiving only antennas?
- This is the 45 foot omnidirectional unit.
- Mike
-

Mike M,

The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna is
a very good design and well constructed for an all around
Antenna for both AM/MW BCL'ing and SWL'ing. Gives good a
ll-around Shortwave Band reception and works well on the
AM/MW Band Antenna too. [ 500 kHz to 30 MHz ]
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/b368cb105b4a370b

The Par Electronics EF-SWL Antenna can be Rigged
{Set-Up} with a 15 Foot Vertical-Up-Leg and a 30 Foot
Horizontal-Out-Arm to form an Inverted "L" Antenna
using a Coax Cable feed-in-line and remote Ground Rod.
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html

Diagram {Sketch} Inverted "L" Antenna
----------------------------------------o

x=====================C>

" - " Horizontal-Out-Arm part of the Wire Antenna Element
" | " Vertical-Up-Leg part of the Wire Antenna Element
" x " 9:1 Matching Transformer
" = " Coax Cable
" C> " PL-259 Plug to the Radio / Receiver

NOTE - This configuration {shape} of Antenna is commonly
called an Inverted "L" Antenna and lends it self to Low Noise
installation concepts : The Par EF-SWL Antenna lends itself
to this 'small' Inverted "L" Antenna Rigging and it is only
45 Feet Long and includes the Wire Antenna Element and
Matching Transformer - Just add Ground Rod plus Coax Cable
and you are ready to Rig-It and Enjoy Listing to your Radios.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a1f41e85486b0ed9

PLUS - Here are Two more Messages to Read related to the
Par Electronics End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna :

* Concerning the Building of an Inverted "L" Antenna
for Shortwave Listening using the Par Electronics
End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/45a68a64cf6d8a00

* Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna
and FlexWeave Antenna Wire
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/08ba52d7f611b597

THE NEXT STEP -Read- This Message and Follow the Links :
SWL Longwire + Low Noise Antenna Connection
+ Grounding Is Key To Good Reception -by- John Doty
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1abc6a2bf8acc12d

SEARCH RESULTS of the "Rec.Radio.Shortwave" Newsgroup
for [ par + ef + swl + antenna ] by myself RHF
PAR EF-SWL - http://tinyurl.com/2qnsxo

Mike M. - I do Hope that this Information and these Links
Help You in your Quest for Knowledge and Understanding
of the Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL) Hobby.

.
.
shamelessly promoting my swl antenna & qsl groups : this is
'radio high frequency' and as always - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
Shortwave Radio Listener QSL Reports News & Info Group
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports
Read & Post Your Shortwave Listener (SWL) Reception Reports
SWL-QSL-REPORTS => http://tinyurl.com/3awlyr
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
.......!.......

Telamon

não lida,
25/02/2008, 21:10:4425/02/08
para
In article
<45a96ab3-9bd0-46e3...@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 7:59 am, "Mike M." <mi...@evenlink.com> wrote:
> -
> - Hello,
> - Anyone use  one of these receiving only antennas?
> - This is the 45 foot omnidirectional unit.
> - Mike
> -
>
> Mike M,
>
> The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna is

< SNIP >

Dear Mike,

RFI does not know jack and has never used this antenna.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Koikus

não lida,
26/02/2008, 14:34:1926/02/08
para
Thank you very much for all the links regarding this antenna. I really
appreciate that. After reading reviews of the EF-SWL this afternoon, I
tend to think this might be ideal for me here in this limited/workable
location. 73, Kirk

RHF

não lida,
26/02/2008, 17:38:2426/02/08
para
On Feb 25, 6:10 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <45a96ab3-9bd0-46e3-ac6b-57f7d6b80...@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Feb 25, 7:59 am, "Mike M." <mi...@evenlink.com> wrote:
> > -
> > - Hello,
> > - Anyone use  one of these receiving only antennas?
> > - This is the 45  foot omnidirectional unit.
> > - Mike
> > -
>
> > Mike M,
>
> > The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna is
>
> < SNIP >
-
- Dear Mike,
-
- RFI does not know jack and has never used this antenna.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Telemon,

Poluting another one of these On-Topic Shortwave Radio related
Threads Again with your Person Attacks on Me :

Just Makes You Look like your New Nickname "Teli-Cry-Baby" :

Because Each Time You Post and Polute an On-Topic Thread :

You are Crying for Attention like a Baby.

Telamon here is Reminder # 1 of the Message Posted and Dated
on Feb 24, 10:33 pm along with a Link to the message.

(OT) : Telamon This Is A Request
- Please STOP These Personal Attacks Now !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/648b86cd1822b38b

Telamon This Is A Request - Please STOP These Personal
Attacks Now : They Are Becoming / Have Become Internet
Stalking -and- I am Requesting That You STOP. ~ RHF
.

Telamon

não lida,
26/02/2008, 21:33:2326/02/08
para
In article
<8c422cef-a1e6-4491...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 6:10 pm, Telamon
> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > In article
> > <45a96ab3-9bd0-46e3-ac6b-57f7d6b80...@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > > On Feb 25, 7:59 am, "Mike M." <mi...@evenlink.com> wrote:
> > > -
> > > - Hello,
> > > - Anyone use  one of these receiving only antennas?
> > > - This is the 45  foot omnidirectional unit.
> > > - Mike
> > > -
> >
> > > Mike M,
> >
> > > The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna is
> >
> > < SNIP >
> -
> - Dear Mike,
> -
> - RFI does not know jack and has never used this antenna.
> -

> Telemon,
>
> Poluting another one of these On-Topic Shortwave Radio related
> Threads Again with your Person Attacks on Me :

You don't know what you are talking about. You are just Trolling for
trouble.

> Just Makes You Look like your New Nickname "Teli-Cry-Baby" :
>
> Because Each Time You Post and Polute an On-Topic Thread :
>
> You are Crying for Attention like a Baby.
>
> Telamon here is Reminder # 1 of the Message Posted and Dated
> on Feb 24, 10:33 pm along with a Link to the message.
>
> (OT) : Telamon This Is A Request
> - Please STOP These Personal Attacks Now !
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/648b86cd1822b38b
>
> Telamon This Is A Request - Please STOP These Personal
> Attacks Now : They Are Becoming / Have Become Internet
> Stalking -and- I am Requesting That You STOP. ~ RHF
> .

Stop spamming the the news group.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

não lida,
28/02/2008, 06:31:5028/02/08
para
On Feb 25, 6:10 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <45a96ab3-9bd0-46e3-ac6b-57f7d6b80...@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
>
> RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Feb 25, 7:59 am, "Mike M." <mi...@evenlink.com> wrote:
> > -
> > - Hello,
> > - Anyone use one of these receiving only antennas?
> > - This is the 45 foot omnidirectional unit.
> > - Mike
> > -
>
> > Mike M,

- - The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna is
-
- < SNIP >

-
- Dear Mike,
-
- RFI does not know jack and has never used this antenna.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon,

I am 'glad' that you Posted this Reply -because- It gives
me a chance to add to my previous comments concerning
the Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/22eb2ae9ea9496eb

Now =WRT= My actually using the Par End-Fed Shortwave
Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna :

Q # 1 - Am I presently using a Par EF-SWL Antenna ? - No.

Q # 2 - Have I / Did I use the Par EF-SWL Antenna in the Past ? -
YES.

Q # 3 - Did I attempt to Answer the Newbies Question ? - YES.

Q # 4 - Did You attempt to answer the Newbies Question ? - No.
[ Instead You Attacked Me and Poluted This Thread. ]

OBTW - One of my next SWL Antenna Projects is to take
one of my Par EF-SWL Antennas {I own 3 of them}
-ps- That is why I recommend them.
-but- I like to 'tinker' with Antennas a lot : So one goes-up
and another comes-down in the Space Available.

MODIFYING - The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL)
Antenna with a Longer Wire Antenna.

REMOVE - The 45 Feet of FlexWeave Antenna Wire and replace
it with around 200 Feet of the same FlexWeave Antenna Wire.

FlexWeave Antenna Wire AWG 14 in 100 Foot lengths.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/4608.html
Note - Bare Copper Wire without Insulation.

More about FLEX-WEAVE Ultra-Flexible Antenna / Aerial Wire
FLEX-WEAVE => http://www.davisrf.com/flexweve.php

FWIW - FlexWeave Antenna Wire is not Litzendraht [LITZ] Wire
-but- for Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWLs) it comes 'close'
and is much Stronger and Weather resistant.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ffc5cefd34d2dbe2

USE - The Par EF-SWL Antenna's Matching Transformer
with the longer Wire Antenna Element and see {Hear} how
it works. But I have to have the Cover's De-Limb and Top
a Dead ~65 Foot Tall Cedar Tree first. Figure I can get a
Rigging Point about 50 AGL from It. Have them Top it at
~6 Inch Diameter and mount a Pully with a Rope within
a Foot of the Top.

Note - The Cedar Tree is about 85 Feet from the House.

Run Buried Coax Cable from the House to the Cedar Tree.

Place an 8 Foot Ground Rod at the Base of the Cedar Tree.

Mount the Par Matching Transformer (MT) near/on the
Ground Rod.

Rig the Wire Antenna Element from the MT to the Top
of the Cedar Tree and across to a Pine Tree a little less
than 200 Feet away {Due West}

BUT - There is almost always a "But" ;-{ There is another
SWL Antenna 'project' in front of the The Long Par EF-SWL
Antenna Project. I simply involves swapping-out the RF
Junkie 9:1 Matching Transformer with a WinRadio Long
Wire Antenna Adapter to see how it works -cause- it is
'claimed' that this Dual-Ferrite Core MT is better across
the Bands from 100 kHz to 30 MHz then the more common
Single Ferrite Core MTs. The swap-out also requires that
the Coax Cable be changed and some Working-on-a-Ladder.
Maybe Weather permitting; I can get this project completed
in March and report on it here.
Note - The present 100 Foot Wire Antenna Element will
stay for this swap-out. It is an Inverted "L" with a 25 Foot
Vertical-Up-Leg and a 75 Foot Horizontal-Out-Arm; running
Due West about 25 Feet AGL down a Slope.
Note - The Wire Antenna Element is an Litz Wire made of
13 Strands of # 30 AWG with 24 Twists-per-Foot using
Polyurethane-Nylon Film {Coating} to Insulating the Individual
Strands; which requires that each of the Strands be Soldered
to 'connect' all the Strand together to effective use each
Strand in the Wire Antenna Element at the MT.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ370021288406
http://www.wiretron.com/litz.html
Note - The Far-End {in-free-air} of the Wire Antenna Element
has the 13 Strands Fanned-Out in 2 Inch Circle to Bleed Static
'off' the Element.

Telamon - Once Again TYVM for your Reply -because-
It gave me a chance to add to my previous comments
concerning the Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener
(EF-SWL) Antenna.

-ps- telamon - i may not know 'jack'
but i sure do know 'you' {telamon} ~ RHF
.

Telamon

não lida,
29/02/2008, 20:01:4929/02/08
para
In article
<e05fab9d-93c5-42b3...@p73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

< SNIP >

Spam the news group with your crap again.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon