Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna and FlexWeave Antenna Wire

RHF

Aug 26, 2007, 7:12:19 PM8/26/07
- - - In Shortwave-...@yahoogroups.com,
- - - Paul Birke <n*nlinear@...> wrote:
-
- Dear Jerry
-
- here is the shortwave one not the ham ones I just gave you
-
- http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html
-
- sorry for that
-
- best
- Paul
-

Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna
and FlexWeave Antenna Wire - Message # 14491
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/14491

Paul,
.
Yes there is a 'difference' between the Par Electronics
Shortwave Listening and Amateur/Ham End-Fed Antennas.
.
The Par End-Fed Shortwave Listener (EF-SWL) Antenna
allows the Matching Transformer to be configured to your
Antenna set-up and needs.
.
- http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html
.
Plus it uses Par EF-SWL Antenna uses 45 Feet of AWG #14
Black Polyethylene Coated Flex-Weave Antenna Wire which
is made up of 168 Strands of #36 Gauge Woven Copper
Wires. {This is Great Stuff}
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
.
The Amateur Radio Par Antennas use a Black Polyethylene
Jacketed Highly Flexible AWG #14 Copper Wire made up of
41 Strands of #30 Gauge Wire. {This is Good Stuff}
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamwire/4456.html
.
FlexWeave Antenna Wire AWG 14 in 100 Foot lengths.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/4608.html
Note - Bare Copper Wire without Insulation.
.
More about FLEX-WEAVE Ultra-Flexible Antenna / Aerial Wire
FLEX-WEAVE => http://www.davisrf.com/flexweve.php
.
.
remember to be flexible as you weave your
shortwave antenna ideas and dreams - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
.......!.......

RHF

Aug 26, 2007, 10:30:04 PM8/26/07
- - - "Jerry Lenamon" <dx*tx@...> wrote:
-
- Universal is my favorite store and the Par antennas
- might be fine, but they're single band only.
-
-SNIP-
-
- Jerry
-

The Right Antenna -and- The Right Matching Transformer - That's Par
Electronics !

JL,

The Par Electronics Amateur {Ham} Radio End-Fed Wire
Antennas are single Band 1/2 WL Antennas most likely
using a 1:1 Matching Transformer with a single Wire
Antenna Element.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamwire/4456.html
These are each designed for a Single (1) Amateur Radio Band.

However, the Par Electronics Shortwave Listener (SWL)
End-Fed Wire Antenna is a Random Wire Antenna which
uses a 9:1 Matching Transformer with a single Wire
Antenna Element.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
The Par EF-SWL Antenna is Optimally Designed for 1-30 MHz Reception.

The 'difference' is the Matching Transformers that
come with the Antennas.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.
.