IS HD THE ANSWER TO RADIO'S YOUTH EROSION PROBLEM

Scooter

Mar 14, 2008, 10:28:13 AM3/14/08
Great Read.. about HD and radio's problems

Is HD The Answer To Radio's Youth Listening Exodus?

By Keith Berman; photo by Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd. With radio persistently
losing listeners to other media sources like iPods, the Internet and
somewhere around 10,000 cable TV channels, HD radio is aiming to serve as a
draw to bring younger listeners back to the terrestrial airwaves. But
detractors warn that the additional digital channels offered by HD
technology could only further fracture an already scattered audience. In
any case, the latest progress report on the potential of HD radio reveals
some serious vulnerabilities—despite radio programmers' best intentions to
utilize those new channels to attract the masses, of all ages. At R&R's
"Keeping Radio Relevant for Tomorrow's Listeners" round-table discussion
held Aug. 17 in Los Angeles, participant Larry Rosin (pictured),
co-founder/president of Edison Media Research, admitted, "I did a study on
HD radio, and the women were laughing. They were literally mocking the
commercials." Jacobs Media senior consultant Dave Beasing concurred that
current promotional campaigns aren't exactly turning the tide: "I find
increasing awareness of HD because of the promos, but low intent to
purchase." Indeed, marketing might be called into question, with many
studies showing that the general populace still doesn't know what HD radio
is—and even worse, many in the industry telling stories of attempting to buy
HD radios from electronics dealers whose salespeople have no clue what the
product is. Another issue: Once a consumer finds someone selling an HD
radio, installing it and getting it to work can be just as difficult.
Spanish Broadcasting System VP of programming Pio Ferro told his own story
of trying to buy an HD radio for his car and having to jump through numerous
hoops to get the proper equipment. "We've been running HD on [Latin pop]
WRMA [Romantica] in Miami since the capability was there," he said. "When it
came in, it sounded phenomenal." However, getting a consistent signal proved
to be an irritating challenge. Even so, HD has become a priority for SBS.
"The marketing message of 'stations between the stations' is difficult,"
Ferro said. "It's hard enough to get people to write down 96.3—but hopefully
[the Portable People Meter] will make that easier." Rosin also had
difficulties with HD. "I can receive one HD station in the New York metro, a
Christian station from New Jersey that I didn't know existed until I got an
HD radio," he said. Broadening that landscape to the industry as a whole,
Rosin revealed that last year at the NAB Radio Show, he went to the HD radio
Web site and counted the formats available. "As of last September, it was
clear the programmers of America considered the killer app to be classic
country: It was the most-programmed format. But I'm skeptical that classic
country is what's going to drive people to Best Buy and Circuit City and say
they need HD radio," he said. Rosin's point: If you're not programming
formats targeted at listeners under 30, how can you appeal to them and get
them to listen? "I've long said HD shouldn't be trusted to anyone over 30,"
he said. "It could potentially foment the revolution that FM was in the '60s
and '70s. Kids will come up with ideas that none of us are capable of, and
it will create incredible programming that will drive sales." Read much
more about "Is HD The Answer To Radio's Youth Listening Exodus?" --
including other breakout youth-oriented listening articles from R&R's recent
Executive Round Table -- in this week's R&R (Sept. 14, 2007). Get your copy
now by calling 800-562-2706 or 818-487-4582 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Pacific Time, or e-mail: radioan...@pubservice.com
<mailto:radioan...@pubservice.com>.
Copyright © 2008 The Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.

RHF

Mar 14, 2008, 11:13:48 AM3/14/08
-
> [...]

> formats targeted at listeners under 30, how can you appeal to them and get
> them to listen? "I've long said HD shouldn't be trusted to anyone over 30,"
> he said. "It could potentially foment the revolution that FM was in the '60s
> and '70s. Kids will come up with ideas that none of us are capable of, and
> it will create incredible programming that will drive sales." Read much
> more about "Is HD The Answer To Radio's Youth Listening Exodus?" --
> including other breakout youth-oriented listening articles from R&R's recent
> Executive Round Table -- in this week's R&R (Sept. 14, 2007). Get your copy
> now by calling 800-562-2706 or 818-487-4582 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m.
> Pacific Time, or e-mail: radioandreco...@pubservice.com
> <mailto:radioandreco...@pubservice.com>.
> Copyright (c) 2008 The Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.

Scooter - That was an Interesting Read with both some
Pros and some Cons concerning HD Radio. ~ RHF
.
-ps- But since it does have somethings to say about
HD Radio that are 'positive'; someone will be coming
along to say that you are an HD Radio "Shill".
.

IBOCcrock

Mar 14, 2008, 11:35:17 AM3/14/08

Radio and Records is an HD Radio shill site.

Scooter

Mar 14, 2008, 4:10:23 PM3/14/08
Oh don't get me wrong.. I think HD is a joke! And is not radio's future. I'd
bet on content before HD!
Erosion of 18-34's is directly related to content and how the user chooses
to seek entertainment or enjoy music. I'm sorry, more of the same, but
better quality isn't goint to fix the problem.

IBOCcrock

Mar 14, 2008, 8:04:43 PM3/14/08
On Mar 14, 9:28 am, "Scooter" <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> formats targeted at listeners under 30, how can you appeal to them and get
> them to listen? "I've long said HD shouldn't be trusted to anyone over 30,"
> he said. "It could potentially foment the revolution that FM was in the '60s
> and '70s. Kids will come up with ideas that none of us are capable of, and
> it will create incredible programming that will drive sales." Read much
> more about "Is HD The Answer To Radio's Youth Listening Exodus?" --
> including other breakout youth-oriented listening articles from R&R's recent
> Executive Round Table -- in this week's R&R (Sept. 14, 2007). Get your copy
> now by calling 800-562-2706 or 818-487-4582 between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m.
> Pacific Time, or e-mail: radioandreco...@pubservice.com
> <mailto:radioandreco...@pubservice.com>.
> Copyright (c) 2008 The Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.

HD Radio is an answer in search of a problem.

IBOCcrock

Mar 14, 2008, 8:05:06 PM3/14/08

No problem!

RHF

Mar 14, 2008, 11:17:52 PM3/14/08
On Mar 14, 1:10 pm, "Scooter" <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
-
- Oh don't get me wrong.. I think HD is a joke!
- And is not radio's future.
- I'd bet on content before HD!
- Erosion of 18-34's is directly related to content and how
- the user chooses to seek entertainment or enjoy music.
- I'm sorry, more of the same, but better quality
- isn't goint to fix the problem.
-

Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !

Is HD-Radio "The Answer" to AM/FM Radio's Youth Erosion Problem ?
- "NO" The Answer is Inter-Active Web-based Content Driven Radio
Programming.

Arbitrons Days Are Numbered - When Every Radio Station
begins to have it's Own People Meter WebSite taking the
On-Line Pulse of It's Radio Listeners 24 / 7 / 365 !

Hello Everyone,

For those with an Open-Mind about IBOC and HD-Radio :
Read these Messages Post by Me {RHF} to get
The-Other-Side-of-the-Story about the HD-Radio.

WHY ? - Balance-out the Wishful Thinking that IBOC will
simply Go-a-Way : With some Thoughts on Inspite of all
of IBOC's current problems there is Corporate Will and
Money to Make IBOC "The Standard" with the Help of the
F¢¢ and the U$ ¢ongre$$.

First Read - The Future of Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio
is Web-Based Inter-Active Participation by the Radio Listeners.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ee20fde193bb394b
The Younger Generations of Audio Consumers arein-fact
Inter-Active Listeners and the Internet is there Tuning Knob.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ea6eb2962abeafc3

* AM/FM Radio - Be It Analog -or- Be It Digital :
It Ain't About Technology It's About Content [.]
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/36056db1a2513844

* IBOC & WiFi : The "All Mode" AM/FM/DS/WF Radio
- Is It the Next Step in the Evolution of the Radio {Sound Box} ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/70107d1e0f1536c0

* IBOC : Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bff99b232dd3d098

* A Revolution in Audio Content Delivery May Be in
the Making . . . The All Digital Mode AM/FM+DS Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fd5918c62cb6a3b7

* Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !
- How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f3c41a2a0421a40c
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2863a3d99c9b3e59
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f36437fe13c9f3ea

* IBOC : Part 2 - The Present Day Media Corporations
that Focus Solely on Radio Broadcasting may be . . .
Dinosaurs in the Making
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80a3b1e0cc441354

* "HD" Radios ! - The Un-Qualified Comments by a
Simple Consumer of "Free" Over-the-Air AM & FM Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2185aed02732ce3e

* IBOC : A Dynamic Change in the American Listening Audience :
The New-Generation of Audio Consumers versus Older Radio Listeners
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/6e175d57589ef4f7

* IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Fail
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1952b979e2103313
.
.
the truth is out there - riding on a radio wave ~ RHF
.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
.
Check-Out the "HD" Radio News and Information at the
"HD Radio" Newsgroup on Google.
HD-RADIO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
HD-RADIO NEWS => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
HD-RADIO INFO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
IBOC HD-RADIO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
IBIQUITY HD-RADIO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
DIGITAL HD-RADIO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
.

Telamon

Mar 15, 2008, 2:21:03 AM3/15/08
In article
<ca9a99cf-ec9b-4457...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

< SNIP >

> Scooter - That was an Interesting Read with both some
> Pros and some Cons concerning HD Radio. ~ RHF
> .
> -ps- But since it does have somethings to say about
> HD Radio that are 'positive'; someone will be coming
> along to say that you are an HD Radio "Shill".
> .

See Scooter posts something worthwhile you you post what? Nothing.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 15, 2008, 2:22:04 AM3/15/08
In article
<9e27af8b-ad8d-4191...@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 14, 1:10 pm, "Scooter" <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> -
> - Oh don't get me wrong.. I think HD is a joke!
> - And is not radio's future.
> - I'd bet on content before HD!
> - Erosion of 18-34's is directly related to content and how
> - the user chooses to seek entertainment or enjoy music.
> - I'm sorry, more of the same, but better quality
> - isn't goint to fix the problem.
> -
>
> Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !

< SNIP >

Another fine RHF retard post.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Mar 15, 2008, 7:21:58 AM3/15/08
Telamon - You Call this Nothing ? ! ? ~ RHF

=PS= Telamon - Thank You for Giving Me thisOpportunity to
Repost-My-Message once again and Put-It-Out-There for
another Message Posting Cycle :
For More Readers to See-It and Read-It. - tyvm ~ RHF

Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !

Is HD-Radio "The Answer" to AM/FM Radio's Youth Erosion Problem ?

- "NO" The Answer is Inter-Active Web-based Content Driven Radio
Programming.

+ Plus here is and Up-Dated-Re-Write- 15 March 2008 {New Content}

IMHO - Arbitrons Days Are Numbered - When Every Radio Station
begins to have it's Own "People Meter" WebSite* taking the On-Line
Pulse of It's Daily Radio Listeners 24 / 7 & 365 !
* When a Radio Station can get 10%~15% of it's Radio Listeners
to Log-On Once-a-Week and Participate on It's Website : That Radio
Station will then be able to Demographically Identify a Sub-set of
those On-Line Participants as a Valid Sample {Cross-Section} of
It's Radio Listeners and Program the Radio Station Accordingly.
* Plus the Website can Pay-for-Itself or become a Profit-Center
for the Radio Stations by offering Targeted Advertisements to
the Website Users.
* The Inter-Active WebSite for Radio Listeners -is- A Win+Win
Feature of Any AM/FM Radio Station : Who Want's to Have a
Future in Radio Broadcasting.
* The Mode of Broadcasting be it Analog or Digital -is- a Non-Issue
for "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio Broadcasting.
* Radio-Content-is-King and The Future is Inter-Active Content
Driving Radio Station Programming to Meet the Needs of Audio
Consumers !

- - - - - - - - - - The Original Message Text - - - - - - - - - -

Hello Everyone,

On Mar 14, 11:22 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <9e27af8b-ad8d-4191-872c-1c272de8b...@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Mar 14, 1:10 pm, "Scooter" <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > -
> > - Oh don't get me wrong.. I think HD is a joke!
> > - And is not radio's future.
> > - I'd bet on content before HD!
> > - Erosion of 18-34's is directly related to content and how
> > - the user chooses to seek entertainment or enjoy music.
> > - I'm sorry, more of the same, but better quality
> > - isn't goint to fix the problem.
> > -
>
> > Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !

- < SNIP >
-
- Another fine RHF retard post.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

RHF

Mar 15, 2008, 8:23:39 AM3/15/08
Telamon - You Call this Nothing ? ! ? ~ RHF

=PS= Telamon - Thank You for Giving Me this Opportunity

to Repost-My-Message yet once again and Put-It-Out-There

for another Message Posting Cycle :
For More Readers to See-It and Read-It. - tyvm ~ RHF

Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !

Is HD-Radio "The Answer" to AM/FM Radio's Youth Erosion Problem ?
- "NO" The Answer is Inter-Active Web-based Content Driven Radio
Programming.

+ Plus here is and Up-Dated-Re-Write- 15 March 2008 {New Content}

Radio Stations Need To Understand that at one time
Radio-Listeners were simply Radio-Listeners -because-
They had no other 'choice' : Today There Are NO Radio
Listeners : There Are "Audio Consumers" and Radio Stations
must Fight for 'their' Share of Today's Audio Consumers :
Who have Many Choices in the Audio Content that they
can Choose from and Listen to Every Hour of Every Day.

[...]

*

Hello Everyone,

On Mar 14, 11:21 pm, Telamon

-
- See Scooter posts something worthwhile
- you you post what?
- Nothing.

mumbl...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2008, 9:21:15 AM3/15/08
On Mar 14, 11:17 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 1:10 pm, "Scooter" <sm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> -
> - Oh don't get me wrong.. I think HD is a joke!
> - And is not radio's future.
> - I'd bet on content before HD!
> - Erosion of 18-34's is directly related to content and how
> - the user chooses to seek entertainment or enjoy music.
> - I'm sorry, more of the same, but better quality
> - isn't goint to fix the problem.
> -
>
> Like Real Estate - Radio is : content, Content. CONTENT !
>
> Is HD-Radio "The Answer" to AM/FM Radio's Youth Erosion Problem ?
> - "NO" The Answer is Inter-Active Web-based Content Driven Radio
> Programming.
>
> Arbitrons Days Are Numbered - When Every Radio Station
> begins to have it's Own People Meter WebSite taking the
> On-Line Pulse of It's Radio Listeners 24 / 7 / 365 !

A conventional broadcast radio station can only be so interactive. How
many different songs can it play at any given time? Sure add a few
channels if you like, but it will never beat internet radio at this
game. It will just be the red-headed stepchild of internet radio,
handicapped by a cumbersome and costly infrastructure and an outdated
business model.

> Hello Everyone,
>
> For those with an Open-Mind about IBOC and HD-Radio :
> Read these Messages Post by Me {RHF} to get
> The-Other-Side-of-the-Story about the HD-Radio.
>
> WHY ? - Balance-out the Wishful Thinking that IBOC will
> simply Go-a-Way : With some Thoughts on Inspite of all
> of IBOC's current problems there is Corporate Will and
> Money to Make IBOC "The Standard" with the Help of the
> F¢¢ and the U$ ¢ongre$$.

It seems to me the wishful thinking is all on your side. The FCC and
US Congress can have all the "will" they want. People aren't going to
listen to HD radio so long as its content stinks, and it doesn't
matter whether the FCC, Congress, or a billion radio spots tell them
they're supposed to enjoy the crappy content. If the FCC were to
actually ban satellite radio, internet radio, and perhaps conventional
analog radio as well, then it might be a different story. This seems
unlikely to happen, though

> First Read - The Future of Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio

> is Web-Based Inter-Active Participation by the Radio Listeners.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ee20fde193bb394b

> The Younger Generations of Audio Consumers arein-fact

> Inter-Active Listeners and the Internet is there Tuning Knob.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ea6eb2962abeafc3

> * AM/FM Radio - Be It Analog -or- Be It Digital :
> It Ain't About Technology It's About Content [.]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/36056db1a2513844
>
> * IBOC & WiFi : The "All Mode" AM/FM/DS/WF Radio

> - Is It the Next Step in the Evolution of the Radio {Sound Box} ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/70107d1e0f1536c0
>
> * IBOC : Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bff99b232dd3d098

> * A Revolution in Audio Content Delivery May Be in

> the Making . . . The All Digital Mode AM/FM+DS Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fd5918c62cb6a3b7

Wow. I find absolutely no cause for optimism in these numbers. Holy
crap!

> * IBOC : Part 2 - The Present Day Media Corporations
> that Focus Solely on Radio Broadcasting may be . . .

> Dinosaurs in the Makinghttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80a3b1e0cc441354

> * "HD" Radios ! - The Un-Qualified Comments by a

> Simple Consumer of "Free" Over-the-Air AM & FM Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2185aed02732ce3e

> * IBOC : A Dynamic Change in the American Listening Audience :

> The New-Generation of Audio Consumers versus Older Radio Listenershttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/6e175d57589ef4f7

> * IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Failhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1952b979e2103313

Wishing it would succeed isn't going to make it succeed, either. Your
optimism about HD radio seems rooted in the belief that the government
and a few corporate interests can force literally ANYTHING down
peoples throats, no matter how uninclined they are to cooperate. I
think the free market might turn out to be a more powerful force here
than you imagine.

Telamon

Mar 15, 2008, 2:19:49 PM3/15/08
In article
<c303a47b-dbda-481e...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

< SNIP >

> On Mar 14, 11:21 pm, Telamon

> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > In article
> > <ca9a99cf-ec9b-4457-a38f-6f9b27511...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >
> > < SNIP >
> >

> > > Scooter - That was an Interesting Read with both some
> > > Pros and some Cons concerning HD Radio. ~ RHF
> > >  .
> > > -ps- But since it does have somethings to say about
> > > HD Radio that are 'positive'; someone will be coming
> > > along to say that you are an HD Radio "Shill".
> > >  .
>

> See Scooter posts something worthwhile - you you post what? -
> Nothing.

> Telamon - You Call this Nothing ? ! ? ~ RHF

Yes. The two paragraphs above were the entire content of your reply. Do
you have a problem understanding this? This is just another example of
how you pollute any useful thread. All the crap you tried to add back in
is a different example.

Are you familiar with the "term garbage in, garbage out"? That's you in
a nut shell.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 15, 2008, 2:30:04 PM3/15/08
In article
<657067ea-f8e3-49cb...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Telamon - You Call this Nothing ? ! ? ~ RHF

< SNIP >

No. I call this garbage in, garbage out.

Look retard. I and anyone else can post endless reposts of the same
crap. What you are doing here is killing the discussion. Do you
understand that? Nobody can intelligently reply to a post of this nature
without looking as stupid as you.

The concept is to post about something newsworthy and I mean a thing not
a dozen links that tangentially have something to do with each other.

The point is to be specific about what you post for a subject. It could
take even a page or two to state your opinion on a topic but your post
should be about some one thing ideally.

You will not get this of course because you are an idiot.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Mar 16, 2008, 4:20:58 AM3/16/08

The Old-Media AM/FM Radio Station has to be both a
'conventional' Broadcast Radio Station [One-Leg] :

Plus a New-Media Audio Portal {WebSite} that allows
for a gret deal of Listener Audio Consumer Inter-Action
[The Other-Leg].

That is the "Bridge" for them for the Next 10~20 Years
and part of a Survival Stratigy for that period of time.

-IF- New-Media Wins Out then over time the AM/FM
Radio Station New-Media Audio Portal {WebSite} will
become a greater part of the New Business Model.

The relative Value of the Old-Media AM/FM Radio
Station will decline -while- The relative Value of the
New-Media Audio Portal {WebSite} will increase.
The two together will transition the Radio Broadcast
Corporation into a Multi-Media Corportation that is
at it's Core an Inter-Active Media Provider.

The present day Old-Media Corportations have a
better financial basis to fund and endure the next
10~20 Years of this transition then many of the
New-Media Strat-Ups -plus- Old-Media Corportations
have the Money {Cash-Flow} to Buy-Up the better
New-Media Ventures.

Media is a Dynamic Market and the next 10~20 Years
will see many challenges and changes.
* My Bet is that Old-Media will Morph into some form
of New-Media with an Old-Media Legacy {Branding,
Radio Stations and Towers} with the old-media filling
in where the New-Media still can not go.
* The Key "Thing" that Old-Media has is established
"Branding" and present day Audio Consumer Loyality
to help it 'make-the-transition' -while- New Media must
build it 'brand' and build a base of loyal Audio Consumers.
* Things are weighted in Old-Media's favor in the near
term to transistion and survive over New-Media at the
Corporate Mega-Media Level.

> > Hello Everyone,
>
> > For those with an Open-Mind about IBOC and HD-Radio :
> > Read these Messages Post by Me {RHF} to get
> > The-Other-Side-of-the-Story about the HD-Radio.
>
> > WHY ? - Balance-out the Wishful Thinking that IBOC will
> > simply Go-a-Way : With some Thoughts on Inspite of all
> > of IBOC's current problems there is Corporate Will and
> > Money to Make IBOC "The Standard" with the Help of the
> > F¢¢ and the U$ ¢ongre$$.
>
> It seems to me the wishful thinking is all on your side. The FCC and
> US Congress can have all the "will" they want. People aren't going to
> listen to HD radio so long as its content stinks, and it doesn't
> matter whether the FCC, Congress, or a billion radio spots tell them
> they're supposed to enjoy the crappy content. If the FCC were to
> actually ban satellite radio, internet radio, and perhaps conventional
> analog radio as well, then it might be a different story. This seems
> unlikely to happen, though

Mumbler - Then any form of Free Over-the-Air AM/FM
Radio : Be it Analog or Digital is doomed.

I don't see that happening in the in the short term
as many of the Anti-Old-Media Haters here seam
to think. Maybe in 30 or more Years -but- not in
a dozen or less. ~ RHF

> > First Read - The Future of Free Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio
> > is Web-Based Inter-Active Participation by the Radio Listeners.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ee20fde193bb394b
> > The Younger Generations of Audio Consumers arein-fact
> > Inter-Active Listeners and the Internet is there Tuning Knob.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/ea6eb2962abeafc3
>
> > * AM/FM Radio - Be It Analog -or- Be It Digital :
> > It Ain't About Technology It's About Content [.]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/36056db1a2513844
>
> > * IBOC & WiFi : The "All Mode" AM/FM/DS/WF Radio
> > - Is It the Next Step in the Evolution of the Radio {Sound Box} ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/70107d1e0f1536c0
>
> > * IBOC : Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/bff99b232dd3d098
>
> > * A Revolution in Audio Content Delivery May Be in
> > the Making . . . The All Digital Mode AM/FM+DS Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/fd5918c62cb6a3b7
>
> > * Point-of-Fact : Consumers Are Buying "HD" Radios !

> > - How Is This Bad News For "HD" Radio ?http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f3c41a2a0421a4...

> Wow. I find absolutely no cause for optimism in these numbers. Holy
> crap!
>
> > * IBOC : Part 2 - The Present Day Media Corporations
> > that Focus Solely on Radio Broadcasting may be . . .
> > Dinosaurs in the Makinghttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/80a3b1e0cc441354
>
> > * "HD" Radios ! - The Un-Qualified Comments by a
> > Simple Consumer of "Free" Over-the-Air AM & FM Radiohttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/2185aed02732ce3e
>
> > * IBOC : A Dynamic Change in the American Listening Audience :
> > The New-Generation of Audio Consumers versus Older Radio Listenershttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/6e175d57589ef4f7
>
> > * IBOC : Wishing That IBOC Will Fail : Ain't Going to Make IBOC Failhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/1952b979e2103313
>
> Wishing it would succeed isn't going to make it succeed, either. Your
> optimism about HD radio seems rooted in the belief that the government
> and a few corporate interests can force literally ANYTHING down
> peoples throats, no matter how uninclined they are to cooperate. I
> think the free market might turn out to be a more powerful force here
> than you imagine.

Mumbler - Optimism "No"

$adened by Corporate Reality "Yes" ~ RHF
.

RHF

Mar 16, 2008, 4:52:24 AM3/16/08
On Mar 15, 11:19 am, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <c303a47b-dbda-481e-a3e3-a9132657b...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

>  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> < SNIP >
>

> > On Mar 14, 11:21 pm, Telamon
> > <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <ca9a99cf-ec9b-4457-a38f-6f9b27511...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > > < SNIP >

> >  See Scooter posts something worthwhile - you you post what? -
> > Nothing.
> > Telamon - You Call this Nothing ? ! ? ~ RHF
-
- Yes. The two paragraphs above were the entire content
- of your reply.
- Do you have a problem understanding this?
- This is just another example of how you pollute any
- useful thread.
- All the crap you tried to add back in is a different example.
-
- Are you familiar with the "term garbage in, garbage out"?
- That's you in a nut shell.

Garbage In, Garbage Out (Abbreviated to : "GIGO")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_In,_Garbage_Out
Here you go Teli -sort-of-like- Looking in a Mirror
http://www.kchristieh.com/blog/images/gigo.jpg

-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon,

Since You are Posting Your "Followup-To: alt.idiots,
alt.idiot.hens, alt.local.village.idiot, alt.stupid.idiots"

Is HD-Radio "The Answer" to AM/FM Radio's Youth

Erosion Problem ? - The RHF RETARD CHALLENGE
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f12e13f41f04e6b7

Clearly You Know Yourself All-Too-Well !
http://www.smart-kit.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/idiot%20test.gif

teli - you make it all-too-easy :o) ~ RHF

-ps- Visual of Telamon and RHF taking their
Game of Newsgroup Ping-Pong to the Streets.
http://withoutwords.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/devilhead-idiot.jpg
.

Telamon

Mar 16, 2008, 5:44:16 PM3/16/08
In article
<afda5276-5de4-43cd...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 11:19 am, Telamon
> <telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> > In article
> >

> >  RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >
> > < SNIP >

> Since You are Posting Your "Followup-To: alt.idiots,
> alt.idiot.hens, alt.local.village.idiot, alt.stupid.idiots"

< SNIP >

It took you almost a week to figure this out? You really are a retard.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Mar 16, 2008, 5:45:14 PM3/16/08
In article
<dc4b3444-620e-47d7...@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
RHF <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 6:21 am, mumbler....@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Mar 14, 11:17 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:

< SNIP >

> The Old-Media AM/FM Radio Station has to be both a
> 'conventional' Broadcast Radio Station [One-Leg] :
>
> Plus a New-Media Audio Portal {WebSite} that allows
> for a gret deal of Listener Audio Consumer Inter-Action
> [The Other-Leg].

Oh yeah. An idiot like you has the pulse of the medium. Sure thing bozo.

I see you are not content to just spam RRS now with your idiot Trolling
posts.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California