IBOC : Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?

RHF

Feb 24, 2008, 5:45:47 AM2/24/08
Bridge Ratings Audience AM/FM Radio Erosion Study 2006
Q2 Update - Friday April 7, 2006
http://www.bridgeratings.com/press_Where%20Are%20Listeners%20Going%20Update.04.07.2006.htm

yes - it's about iboc 'hd' radio ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup*
* http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
HD RADIO GROUP => http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
.
Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/msg/f77a3fdede5e67a0
GoTo => http://tinyurl.com/37ll9u
1 - Traditional Media Erosion to New Media - Update
2 - Where Does the TSL Come From? - Update
3 - Increased Use of Traditional Radio Due to . . .
Oops # 3 - That's News there is Actually an Increase !

Presents a whole lot of Numbers, Graphs and Charts and
here is my take on it all :

As a Matter of Fact Most Traditional AM/FM Radio Listeners
are Still Listening to their "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radios;
and are extending their Audio Content Consumption {Listening}
over more types of Audio Media that is now available to them
as Audio Consumers.

Significantly the Age Groups over the Age of 35 Years are still
primarily AM/FM Radio Listeners which translates to a continued
Market Share for terrestrial based AM/FM Radio Broadcasters
for two to three decades to come into the future*.
* Yes - AM/FM Radio has a Future

New Meda has Real Market Share Grow 'Potential' :

But Old Media has a Super Large and Loyal Listener Base.

Plus - Terrestrial based "Free" Over-the-Air AM/FM Radio
is still the Easiest Audio 'Choice' to Make : It's Available
Any-Every-Where on a Billion Radios and It's Free.

the truth is out there ~ RHF
.
.
BE ADVISED - Starting Next Monday, 25 Feruary 2008
The Complete Text All of My Replies to these IBOC
"HD" Radio Posts will be done on the "HD Radio"
Newsgroup on Google. The only thing that you will see
here is the Subject Line Title and a Link to the Posted
Message : Which is what you see above the Line :
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
.
PLUS - There will be an "IBOC" at the Start of My IBOC Posts
and Replies here on Rec.Radio.Shortwave
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/e99697a5ccf91902
.

barnegatdx

Feb 24, 2008, 7:24:31 AM2/24/08

So, it looks like, after the initial exploratory phase,

people are getting " fatigued" with MP3 / Ipod and Sat radio...

TPeople 35 + listen more to radio;

and what is shiny and new right now may collect dust sometime down the
road..

Nothing beats AM / FM for current music / news and portability.

On Feb 24, 5:45 am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Bridge Ratings Audience AM/FM Radio Erosion Study 2006

> Q2 Update - Friday April 7, 2006http://www.bridgeratings.com/press_Where%20Are%20Listeners%20Going%20...

> yes - it's about iboc 'hd' radio ~ RHF
> Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup*

> *http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/

> HD RADIO GROUP =>http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
> .
> - - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
> .

> Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/msg/f77a3fdede5e67a0

Pocke...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 10:23:47 AM2/24/08
On Feb 24, 5:45�am, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Bridge Ratings Audience AM/FM Radio Erosion Study 2006
> Q2 Update - Friday April 7, 2006http://www.bridgeratings.com/press_Where%20Are%20Listeners%20Going%20...

> yes - it's about iboc 'hd' radio ~ RHF
> Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup*
> *http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/

> HD RADIO GROUP =>http://tinyurl.com/27kwyt
> �.
> - - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd' radio - - -
> �.
> Where Are My AM/FM Radio Listeners Going ?http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/msg/f77a3fdede5e67a0
> �.

"Internet Radio to Outstrip HD Radio"

"Bridge Ratings estimates that Internet radio will have 180 million
listeners by 2020. Terrestrial radio will have 250 million listeners.
But HD will have less than 10 million."

http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?id=1005243

HD Radio will be long gone and buried well before 2020. No one is
buying these empty HD radios. What a farce!

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/

Bridge keeps revising their numbers down for HD radio, and probably
only 100,000 are in the hands of consumers, and after all of the
returns of these "defective" radios, probably many less.