HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It... Washington Post

IBOCcrock

Feb 8, 2008, 5:20:09 PM2/8/08
"HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It..."

http://tinyurl.com/2sttd6

Sweet!

brian

Feb 8, 2008, 8:36:28 PM2/8/08
On Feb 8, 4:20 pm, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It..."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2sttd6
>
> Sweet! hello!!!!!
how do i join!!!!!

Steve

Feb 8, 2008, 9:56:37 PM2/8/08

Nice article, though it surprises me that people still consider the
failure of HD to be "news".

IBOCcrock

Feb 8, 2008, 11:11:34 PM2/8/08

True - I hope that you all submitted your comments!

Rfburns

Feb 9, 2008, 12:22:59 AM2/9/08

No need to worry boys. Eddie says cell phones and other gadgets with
HD radio built-in are just around the corner! But you'll need to hook
your FM dipole and MW loop antennas up in order for the "HD" part to
work right. Just a minor detail though.

Oh, and don't forget your contribution to iBiquity That'll cost you
$100 or so.

That Eddie - he knows everything. Just as him.

jw

RHF

Feb 9, 2008, 4:36:54 AM2/9/08
On Feb 8, 2:20 pm, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
-
- "HD: If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It..."
-
- http://tinyurl.com/2sttd6
-
- Sweet!

I B OC'Deed and Half Crocked - TYVM
Yes - Sweet It Is ! ~ RHF

The Listener - HD : If a Tree Falls & No One Hears It . . .
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/08/AR2008020801035.html
-by- Marc Fisher - Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, February 10, 2008; Page M05

Actually it sort-of-proves that "Content-is-King" and gives two
good examples of FM "HD" Radio Stations :
WHUR - 96.3 FM
WAMU - 88.5 FM
That have a Primary FM "HD" Station with an "HD-2" secondary
Broadcast that has real "Content" which is attracting new Radio
Listeners.

Plus there is natually a longer list of "Bad" FM Radio Stations
which also happen to be Broadcasting in "HD" {IBOC}.

The Subtitle {Theme} : HD Radio's Scatter-Shot Development
has Raised a Chicken-and-Egg Question for Radio Stations
and the Radio Listening Audience.
-source- Brainerd Communicators

Note - Bridge Ratings conducted a survey about HD and
found that only 7 % of respondents expressed 'interest'
in owning an HD Radio presently.

OK that would be 7 % in the First 3 Years (1-2-3) :
Followed by 21 % in the Second 3 Years (4-5-6) :
Followed by 63 % in the Third 3 Years (7-8-9) :
Resulting in about 67 % Two-ot-of-Three AM/FM Radio
Listeners expressed 'interest' in owning an HD Radio
-or- in-fact Owning and "Listening To" an HD Radio
as their Primary Daily Radio.

Also - Bridge 'projects' Slow to Poor Growth for HD Radio
-but- What has to be factored-in is the general decline
in the Weekly Average of Radio Listening Hours. Radio
itself is a declining Media; where Media "Choices" are
Expanding. A Ten (10) Year Transition from Analog
Radio to "HD" {Digital} Radio is an Acceptable Business
Plan for the Broadcasting Industry.

Worth reading the whole Article since is has both some
Pros-and-Cons concerning HD Radio.

=PS= AM/FM Radio - Be It Analog -or- Be It Digital :
It Ain't About Technology It's About Content [.]
http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/msg/ab4676943de2c928

hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO => http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
.

IBOCcrock

Feb 9, 2008, 9:12:24 AM2/9/08

Clear Channel already tried a cell phone deal and it fell through due
to lack of interest. The iPhone and iPod are going with iRadio and
FlyTunes, and the iPod constitutes 80% - 90% of the MP3 market.
There's nowhere for HD Radio to go.

Rfburns

Feb 9, 2008, 10:22:34 AM2/9/08

Not according to Eddie - he knows

jw

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 9, 2008, 12:10:38 PM2/9/08
The first ''radios'' were party line telephones.
cuhulin

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2008, 12:38:22 PM2/9/08

<cuh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> The first ''radios'' were party line telephones.
> cuhulin

Nah -- it was two tomato cans and a long string

Lamont

Seriously before wireless was optical telegraphs - 1700's
http://tinyurl.com/2soe7x

A great book on this and the telegraph is "The Victorian Internet" by Tom
Standage (Author)
tiny url
http://tinyurl.com/ypkq45

Lamont

Telamon

Feb 9, 2008, 2:21:40 PM2/9/08
In article
<be6eefc4-d662-49d7...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Rfburns <jimwi...@labs.net> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 11:11 pm, IBOCcrock <ibocisacr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Nice article, though it surprises me that people still consider the
> > > failure of HD to be "news".
> >
> > True - I hope that you all submitted your comments!
>

> No need to worry boys. Eddie says cell phones and other gadgets with
> HD radio built-in are just around the corner! But you'll need to hook
> your FM dipole and MW loop antennas up in order for the "HD" part to
> work right. Just a minor detail though.

< Snip >

You can always use the tin foil hat for an antenna.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California