Kershaw Baronets list July 2021

colinp

Jul 29, 2021, 4:53:22 PM7/29/21
to Peerage News
Stephen Kershaw's baronets list has been updated and can be found on  History | The Standing Council of the Baronetage.  It is dated 1 July 2021 though has only recently been uploaded to the website.

Henry W

Jul 29, 2021, 5:02:30 PM7/29/21
to Peerage News
An old colleague of mine would say "like the Red Arrows, we crossed"! -- https://groups.google.com/g/peerage-news/c/OwIUCM16qX4

bx...@yahoo.com

Jul 29, 2021, 6:17:05 PM7/29/21
to Peerage News
Thanks for  the notification of the update.

Brooke

Henry W

Aug 8, 2021, 4:45:46 AM8/8/21
to Peerage News
I will use this thread to post corrections as I discover them, mostly related to the existence of young heirs. It follows the Kershaw January 2021 listing thread.

DUDLEY-WILLIAMS baronets (UK 1964)
Listed as B 2010, but there is a further young heir.
Patrick G E D-W. m (year?) Louise HALLIWELL and has 2 sons and 1 dau.
Eldest son b Q1 2010 (already noted).  2nd son (H M E D-W.) and dau (twins) b Q4 2012 Wandsworth.

Henry W

Aug 9, 2021, 1:15:17 PM8/9/21
to Peerage News
A query for all regarding the GUNNING baronets (GB 1778) - this title is now listed as B 2001 by Kershaw (after previously having no warning about numbers of young heirs).

My copy of Debrett's 2008 has two young heirs:  Jack Henry (b 2001), son of the late Henry Michael GUNNING, a son of the 8th Baronet.; and Carter John Ross (b 2001), son of Christopher John Ross (b 1955), son of Richard John Ross (1928 - 2012), a descendant of the 2nd Baronet.

Either something has happened to one of these two young heirs or Mr Kershaw has discovered a problem with one of them being in remainder.  Does anybody know anything?

colinp

Aug 9, 2021, 4:40:12 PM8/9/21
to Peerage News
Perhaps the reason is that Debrett's doesn't confirm that Carter Gunning b 2001 is  legitimate - the date of his parents' marriage is not stated, nor in fact the identity of his mother.  Incidentally I think the birth year of his sister Jennifer Christina must be 1996 rather than 1976?

Perhaps the future of this baronetcy is brighter than appears from DPB.  I suspect this largely Canadian family has seen more marriages and births than are recorded in DPB's pages.  For example if you read the obituary of Ann, Lady Gunning, widow of the 8th Bt, you will see that she then (2005) had 28 grandchildren, 41 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandson - more descendants than stated in DPG - a fair chance that some of the extra ones  will be in remainder and  quite young -  Lady Gunning Obituary (2005) - Edmonton Journal (legacy.com)

Again, the obit of Richard Ross Gunning (2012) mentions 4 great-grandchildren none of whom are stated in DPG - maybe one or two are children of Brodie Adam Gunning b 1982 and could be in remainder if male and legit -  Richard GUNNING Obituary (2012) - The Times Colonist (legacy.com)

Henry W

Aug 9, 2021, 5:06:35 PM8/9/21
to Peerage News
Thanks Colin for those notes on Lady Gunning's obit - I shall try to locate on social media.

Regarding Jennifer Christina - she is in Debrett's 1990, so I think her DoB is not a typo.  I assume that Jennifer and his two other children (incl Carter) are by separate wives.

Henry W

Aug 10, 2021, 5:22:47 AM8/10/21
to Peerage News
From Debrett's 2008:

Grandchildren of Sir Robert Gunning, 8th Baronet & Ann, Lady Gunning:
1. Sir Charles, 9th Bt (1935 - 2020) - 1 dau
2. Iseult [f] (b 1936) - 1 dau & 1 adopted son
3. Marion (1937 - 1939) - no issue
4. Elaine (1939 - 2019) - 5 sons, 1 dau
5. Sir John, 10th Bt (b 1944) - 2 sons, 1 dau
6. Joseph (b 1946) - 3 dau
7. David (b 1948) - 2 dau
8. Henry (1949 - 2020) - 1 son, 4 dau by 2 marriages
9. Bernard (b 1951) - married but no issue
10. (George) Peter (b 1953) - 1 son, 1 dau
11. (Anthony Andrew) Simon (b 1955) - 1 son & 1 adopted son.

This makes a total of 26 grandchildren (incl the adopted grandsons) - so we are 2 short. We know from the obits of Sir Charles, Elaine, and Henry that we have a complete set of their children.  Searching around suggests that Simon's son Dylan (b 1986) has children, probably a boy b 2014/5, but the date of Simon's marriage is given as 1986 with no months, so it is difficult to be sure if Dylan is in remainder himself.

There seems to be good evidence for a further son of Simon: Matthew John Wilson (of KY/FL) who m. Crystal MACHON and has at least a son and a dau.  Difficult to be sure if Matthew is in remainder as Simon already has one adopted son.

Henry W

Aug 11, 2021, 6:12:38 AM8/11/21
to Peerage News
TUITE baronets (I 1622)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1987.  With 5 males listed in DB 2008 born between 1977 and 1987, apparently unm, it seemed unlikely that the Debrett's entry was up-to-date.  There are many more young heirs:

Thomas L T. (b 1977) - ha - resident in Washington DC - appears m to Carla ____ (she has taken his name) - issue: 2 sons (B _ T. b abt 2000? and _ T. abt 2005?) and 1 dau (E _ T. b 2015)

Jonathan C H T. (b 1981) - second son of 14th Bt - resident in Tacoma, WA - m 2014 Katie HERRINGTON and have 1 son: O E H T. born 2017

Anthony D T. (b 1982) - eldest son of 2nd son of 13th Bt - m 2015 Pippa ___; issue: 1 son  - b ?2019; 1 dau - M A T T. (NB not found in GRO - possibly born in Norway) b 2016

Younger brothers of Anthony: Edward J T. and James C J T. found on social media but appear unm.

Henry W

Aug 11, 2021, 7:23:04 AM8/11/21
to Peerage News
STONHOUSE baronets (E 1670)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1987. Baronet and all heirs appear resident in Canada.  There are five male heirs born between 1980 and 1987 listed in DB 2008, all seemingly unm, so it seems likely that the family have lost touch with Debrett's.

Rev Sir Michael P STONHOUSE, 19th (& 16th) Bt is divorced. His former wife Colleen remarried to ____ SHINKEWSKI.

Allan J S. (b 1981) - ha - appears to have m Marilyn (Mary) KINLOCH (unclear - she has not taken his name, but is a Doctor so may have retained her maiden name for professional reasons). Issue: 1 dau M A S. born 2012; 1 son W A S. born 2016

David M S. (b 1983) - 2nd son of 19th Bt - m Shanna PANG 2017. No sign of issue.

(?Rev) Philip R S. (b 1987) - 3rd son of 19th Bt - m Mary Anne PERTA 2017. No sign of issue.

Sons of Timothy A S. (2nd son of 18th Bt): Matthew P & Benjamin J both found on social media, but no sign of marriage or issue.

Henry W

Aug 11, 2021, 9:03:22 AM8/11/21
to Peerage News
SHUCKBURGH baronets (E 1660)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1982. The baronet is shown as not married.

Sir James, 14th Bt m 2016 Clare NICHOLS and have issue 1 dau C C J S. (b Q3 2017 - NB mothers maiden name does not appear to be correct, though I am convinced this is the correct child)

Peter G W S. (b 1982), ygr bro of 14th Bt, m 2019 Teresa PENNY, and has issue (by his wife) 1 son D W J S. (b Q1 2008).  Note this son does not appear to be in remainder.
Message has been deleted

Henry W

Aug 12, 2021, 8:46:36 AM8/12/21
to Peerage News
CLERKE baronets (E 1660)
I don't think this is an amendment to the Kershaw list, but I came across this in my social media checks:
It appears that the 13th baronet has remarried to Louise ____ c. 2015.
His first wife, Vanessa, now appears resident in the UK.
Message has been deleted

Henry W

Aug 12, 2021, 10:37:39 AM8/12/21
to Peerage News
Correcting an error on my part in previous post

CUNYNGHAME baronets (NS 1702)
Listed as B 1985 (to dorm) by Kershaw.  The hp's son m 2020 (noted in this group already).  Additionally Edward D L C. (b 1983), 2nd son of the yngst bro of the 12th Bt, m 2017 Hannah T LANE and with her has a son R A R C. (b Q1 2019 Manchester).

Henry W

Aug 13, 2021, 12:09:25 PM8/13/21
to Peerage News
SAMUEL baronets (UK 1898)
This title is listed as B 2007 by Kershaw.  The heirs listed in DB 2008 are the two sons and one grandson of the 5th Bt, all resident in the US.  In reality there are more grandsons.

The eldest son Anthony J F (Rowley) S. (resident in Chicago, IL, US) has further sons: J _ S. b 2010 and K _ S. b 2012.

The second son Rupert C J S. (resident in Los Angeles, CA, US) m (?2012) Sarah SHERMAN (she has taken the surname SHERMAN SAMUEL) and has issue: A L F S. (a son) b 2015, and C J E S. (a dau) b 2017

colinp

Aug 13, 2021, 4:37:16 PM8/13/21
to Peerage News
CLERKE Baronets (1660) - yes, DB2019 has the present baronet's 2nd m 2014 to Louise d of late Martin Louis BOTHA

colinp

Aug 13, 2021, 4:53:56 PM8/13/21
to Peerage News
SAMUEL (1898) - that's interesting about the the two further sons of Anthony Samuel.  They are listed in DB2019 but Joseph is stated to have been born 2000 and Kai 2002 ie both before their parents' marriage in 2004 - possibly typos on the part of DB

Henry W

Aug 13, 2021, 5:06:31 PM8/13/21
to Peerage News
Or a typo on the part of whichever family member filled in the DB questionnaire!  The dates of 2010 / 2012 are based on social media postings shortly after the birth of each respective son; I have full confidence they are correct.
Message has been deleted

Henry W

Aug 13, 2021, 5:26:23 PM8/13/21
to Peerage News
Correcting an error in my last post:

ST CLAIR-FORD baronets (GB 1793)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1984
See this posting which gave a good summary of the familial situation in 2016.

There are 4 St Clair-Ford births in Edinburgh/Queensferry from 2015 to 2020 in ScotlandsPeople. I am relatively sure they are all connected to the 10th Bt or his younger brother.
Lily A St C-F. (b 2015) is confirmed by social media as a dau of the 10th Bt and his wife.
C D St C-F. (a son, b 2018) and E J St C-F. (a dau, b 2020) are confirmed by social media as the issue of Peter J St C-F (b 1984) and Angela JENG, who m 2017.
There is a further boy A R St C-F. (b 2018) - I cannot find a reference in social media to confirm it, but I suspect this is the son of the 10th Bt, and he would now be ha if I am correct.

There are then several St Clair-Ford births in the GRO which I suspect are connected.  Several have Spanish/Italian/Latin American spellings, so I suspect may be issue of Joseph St C-F. and Rocio ____ (what is her maiden name??). It is evident from social media that they have a son and a dau, but I have no details from social media about her or their marriage in DB 2008.

Henry W

Aug 14, 2021, 8:17:52 AM8/14/21
to Peerage News
JEPHCOTT baronets (UK 1962)
Listed as B 1989 by Kershaw. The youngest heir is Rich(ard) L J. (b 1989); he m 2017 Jessie SALMON and with her has issue: I R J. (a dau) b Q2 2018 Devon, and a second child seen in social media b 2020 - I cannot make a guess as to the sex.

Henry W

Aug 16, 2021, 6:50:43 PM8/16/21
to Peerage News
HOUSTOUN-BOSWALL baronets (UK 1836)
Listed by Kershaw as B 2017 (a son of the 8th bt by his 3rd m)
The ha, Alexander A H-B (b 1972), possibly married (to who? Karolina MATLA (of Poland)? now div?) and has issue: 1 son (H _ H-B. b ?2013), and 2 daus (M _ H-B. b 2011, and A G H-B. b Q1 2017 Richmond upon Thames). Eldest dau and son do not appear in the GRO - maybe born in France or Poland. This is not definitive, but indicates a possible second young male in remainder.

Henry W

Sep 4, 2021, 7:16:35 PM9/4/21
to Peerage News
Baron HAZLERIGG (UK peer 1945) and HAZLERIGG baronets (E 1622)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1987.  It should be noted that the ha (b 1987) planned to marry 2017. No issue found.
There is an additional young heir to the baronetcy (but not the peerage):

Sir Arthur Grey H., 11th Bt (d 1819)

Grey H. (1818 - 1912)

Grey H. (1879 - 1948)

Herbert William Grey H. (1910 - 1991)

Alexander D G H. (b 1939)

Andrew A H. (b 1969) m 2000 Belinda MOORES and has issue:
dau: P R H. (b Q1 2001 Beverley)
son: R G H. (b Q4 2003 Hull)

colinp

Sep 5, 2021, 4:32:07 PM9/5/21
to Peerage News
Thanks Henry.  DB2019 states Hazlerigg ha's marriage 2017 to Kate [Sarah] Braithwaite [b 1987] - 22 April acc to weddingpresentsdirect.co.uk

Henry W

Oct 26, 2021, 7:44:04 AM10/26/21
to Peerage News
OHLSON baronets (UK 1920). Listed by Kershaw as A 1944.  It should be listed as B 2006.

The heir presumptive Christopher M O. (b 1944) m 2003 (in Kensington & Chelsea) Sally Anne Victoria FRANKLIN (b 1967) (see Ancestry transcription; middle names/YoB from Companies House).  They have issue: a son (F J O. born Q2 2006) and a dau (E B O. born Q1 2005) (see GRO indices - both registered in K&C)

Henry W

Dec 18, 2021, 8:02:09 PM12/18/21
to Peerage News
HALL baronets (NS 1687).  Listed by Kershaw as B 2009. There is a second young heir.

This online blog maintained by Marion Fuller-Sessions (dau of the 14th Bt) gives details of the family which for the most part match Debrett's database.  Her list does give an additional son of Bernard (Birdie) and Susan (Susie) HALL - GRO searches indicate that Josh was born Q3 2014 (in Lambeth - same as his older brother Joe).

Henry W

Dec 19, 2021, 5:16:42 AM12/19/21
to Peerage News
HANSON baronets (UK 1918). Listed by Kershaw as A 1978.  It should be B 2011.

Alexis Charles H., only son & ha of the 4th Bt, m 2007 Sarah Anne EAVES (see Debrett's database).  There are no issue listed on the database, however, careful GRO searches indicate a son D J H. born Q1 2011 Surrey.

Henry W

Dec 20, 2021, 7:34:07 PM12/20/21
to Peerage News
Regarding my Hanson find.  I tracked down Sarah on social media (as Sarah Eaves Hanson) - there is no indication of a child in a quite expansive social media presence.  Considerable time is spent on their cat(!) - whilst I can well understand that some parents choose quite deliberately to keep their children out of photos etc, the sort of life the couple have been carrying on (foreign trips etc) I would have expected at least some tangential reference.  I suppose its possible that there is another HANSON/EAVES marriage out there that produced a son, but I'm leaving this up for reference.

colinp

Jul 3, 2022, 12:44:25 PM7/3/22
to Peerage News
From Henry W's post 13.08.2021 above with additional comments in CAPS

Correcting an error in my last post:

ST CLAIR-FORD baronets (GB 1793)
Listed by Kershaw as B 1984
See this posting which gave a good summary of the familial situation in 2016.

There are 4 St Clair-Ford births in Edinburgh/Queensferry from 2015 to 2020 in ScotlandsPeople. I am relatively sure they are all connected to the 10th Bt or his younger brother.
Lily A St C-F. (b 2015) is confirmed by social media as a dau of the 10th Bt and his wife. YES THOUGH SHE APPEARS IN DPB ONLINE AS "Lily b 201-"
C D St C-F. (a son, b 2018) and E J St C-F. (a dau, b 2020) are confirmed by social media as the issue of Peter J St C-F (b 1984) and Angela JENG, who m 2017. YES, THEY APPEAR IN DPB ONLINE - Charles Drummond Jeng b 2018 and Evelyn Jeng b 2020
There is a further boy A R St C-F. (b 2018) - I cannot find a reference in social media to confirm it, but I suspect this is the son of the 10th Bt, and he would now be ha if I am correct. YES, NOW IN DPB ONLINE AS HA AND SON OF PRESENT BT - Alexander Robin b 2018

There are then several St Clair-Ford births in the GRO which I suspect are connected.  Several have Spanish/Italian/Latin American spellings, so I suspect may be issue of Joseph St C-F. and Rocio ____ (what is her maiden name??). It is evident from social media that they have a son and a dau, but I have no details from social media about her or their marriage in DB 2008 - HER MAIDEN NAME GARCIA. THREE CHILDREN LISTED IN DPB ONLINE - Felix [Pedro D - per GRO] b 2016, Francis Lucas b 2019 and Luna b 2014.

 LEISHA ARANYA ST CLAIR-FORD REGD Q2/2018 SURREY ALSO IN GRO - DPB online confirms she is dau of Joseph's sister Theresa Florence (m 2008 Dinuka RATHNAYAKA but retained her maiden name - however her two older children were registered with her husband's surname)