Re: [Occupy Bozeman] Digest for occupy-bozeman@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 4 Topics

Drusha Mayhue

Nov 10, 2013, 7:38:17 PM11/10/13
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com

---
“We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics.”  -Franklin Delano Roosevelt
---

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM, <occupy-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/occupy-bozeman/topics

    Jim Macdonald <jsmac...@riseup.net> Apr 26 10:54PM -0600

    Are there any last second things that we need to know for Sunday? Will
    the Labor Temple be unlocked? Can anyone commit to bringing a few
    refreshments? We certainly don't need as much as last time, but it
    would be a shame not to have some.

    The agenda is this:

    1. Introductions - (we will keep these shorter)
    2. I will introduce what Occupy Bozeman has been doing, our interest in
    the topic, and then introduce Brandi from Rocky Mountain Credit Union.
    3. Brandi from RMCU will talk (20 minutes or less)
    4. Two rounds of stack (Scott will keep stack)
    5. 10-minute break
    6. I will introduce Josh
    7. Josh will talk about Public Banking Institute (20 minutes or less)
    8. Two more rounds of stack specifically for Josh
    9. Time permitting, general discussion ...
    10. At 3:15, stack will be closed. Whoever is on stack will still have
    a chance to speak or ask questions.
    11. Once stack is closed, we will go around the circle for any
    general/personal announcements
    12. 3:30 Discussion adjourns.

    Then, we'll need to make sure things are cleaned up.

    Help get the word out ... this can be a very informative and important talk.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jeff Milchen <Je...@ReclaimDemocracy.org> Apr 26 03:17PM -0600

    Hi Folks,

    For those who don't get ReclaimDemocracy's newsletter, I thought this might
    be a helpful link for collecting info on the above topics in one spot.
    http://mim.io/2e6f72

    Feel free to excerpt any of this that's useful for Occupy pages, Facebook,
    etc.

    I hope many folks will come tonight and speak to the need for a
    rights-based organizing approach (the Bellingham initiative linked in the
    newsletter, for example), rather than butting out heads against the EPA and
    other regulatory agencies that largely serve as buffers to protect
    corporations *from *democracy. I'll aim to introduce that perspective
    quickly once the opening panel wraps.

    Cheers,
    Jeff

    --
    Jeff Milchen, Founder
    ReclaimDemocracy.org

    Help overrule the Supreme Court and revoke corporate personhood!
    See http://ReclaimDemocracy.org and http://MoveToAmend.org

    Jim Macdonald <jsmac...@riseup.net> Apr 26 12:19PM -0600

    If you're interested in the organizing - 422 N. 11th at 6pm ...

    Jim

Nov 11, 2013, 2:37:20 PM11/11/13
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com
Why the 2012 emails?