Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium)

J.M. Garg

May 6, 2009, 11:25:52 AM5/6/09
to indiantreepix
On 21/3/09 in Hyderabad, A.P.

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Pterospermum acerifolium (Syn. P. aceroides) Malvaceae Kanak Champa, Moochukund, Bayur tree, Dinner Plate Tree  in Kolkata- 8/3/08; at Noida on 13.4.08; almost over in Kolkata- 23/4/08; At Noida on 13.4.08; Coimbatore, foot of Velliangiri hills, in March; Prantik, March 09;   Trees of Delhi- Flowers appear in March, with some trees still in flower at the end of April. Beautiful Trees & Shrubs of Calcutta- Flowers in early spring (Feb.- March) & continues up to early summer (Feb.- April) Pterospermum acerifolium Pterospermum acerifolium- Kanak Champa, Moochukund, Bayur tree or Dinner Plate Tree - indiantreepix | Google Groups Plant for ID..... 21042008SV1 - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/c2f1a5704f407127 Flowering trees in delhi--Kanak champa - indiantreepix | Google Groups muchakunda - indiantreepix | Google Groups Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium)? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Tree for id - indiantreepix | Google Groups Tree ID 3 - indiantreepix | Google Groups Pterospermum - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/29f3101fc73f8158

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium) in Hyderabad I IMG_7126.jpg
Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium) in Hyderabad I IMG_7122.jpg
Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium) in Hyderabad I IMG_7123.jpg
Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium) in Hyderabad I IMG_7125.jpg
Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium) in Hyderabad I IMG_7128.jpg

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 6, 2009, 12:12:11 PM5/6/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Sometimes it develops into a good tree as the one in the Secretariat in Bhopal. I planted about a dozen trees in Gwalior and am not very happy about
the way they have developed. They give a spindly look.
akbhatt

Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/