Pterospermum acerifolium- Kanak Champa, Moochukund, Bayur tree or Dinner Plate Tree

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2008, 8:21:53 AM3/10/08
to indiantreepix
Flowering now in Kolkata. All pictures taken on 10/2/07 in Kolkata. It has very large leaves which are also quite variable in shape & size. Here is one link with flowers: http://bio.fiu.edu/trees/sp_pages/Pterospermum_acerifolium.html
Trees of Delhi- Flowers appear in March, with some trees still in flower at the end of April. Beautiful Trees & Shrubs of Calcutta- Flowers in early spring (Feb.- March) & continues up to early summer (Feb.- April)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg