Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium)?

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2008, 8:36:18 AM7/3/08
to indiantreepix
Saw this small young tree on 17/3/08 at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal. Leaves appear like that of Kanak Champa (Pterospermum acerifolium). Is there any other tree with similar leaves?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jul 3, 2008, 9:32:23 AM7/3/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Gargji,
It is indeed kanak champa (dinner plate tree!,because of the leaves)  There are many varieties in this species.  I have seen a tree having even bigger leaves than this  in Chennai in Theosophical society.
Dr. Mahadesweara swamy