Solar-Heliosphere-Ionosphere SKA Community Input Questionnaire

1 view

Eduard Kontar

Aug 2, 2021, 4:47:52 AM8/2/21
to CESRA_C...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

The SKA Regional Centre Steering Committee (SRCSC), in partnership with the SKAO,
has a mission to guide the definition and creation of a network of SKA Regional Centres.
Within the SRCSC, Working Group 6 (WG6) has a key role to engage with the SKA’s future science user communities. Part of that role is to ensure that the science requirements are fed into the design and development of the SRC network from the outset.
The SRCSC, and SKAO, recognise that this is essential to maximise the science returns
of the SKA as a whole and to support the wide and diverse science user community
in an open and equitable manner, and the SRC network will play a key role in this process.

To take all your requirements/comments,
Reid, Hamish <hamis...@ucl.ac.uk>
Galina Motorina <galina....@asu.cas.cz>
Wenjuan Liu <wenju...@asu.cas.cz>
prepared a Google form to collect your responses.

Please fill in the google form
https://forms.gle/7R7EpxWabmKe1c7N7
by the end of August.

At any point you have any questions
or require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact either our
representatives or SRCSC_WG...@jb.man.ac.uk

Best wishes
Eduard

Eduard Kontar

Aug 25, 2021, 8:53:25 AM8/25/21
to CESRA_C...@googlegroups.com, Reid, Hamish, Wenjuan Liu, Galina Motorina, Eduard Kontar
Dear Colleagues,

Following up our previous e-mail, we haven't had any solar-heliosphere-ionosphere community input yet for the SKA questionnaire, due on the 30th August.

Pease add your comments/suggestions to the prefilled google form by August, 29th.  We will then submit the form on the 30th August.  The form consists of five sections which can be reached independently via bookmarks on the first page, if you are interested in a certain one.

We are particularly keen on getting more science requirements and we need your expertise to define these independent surveys (sections 1.6 to 1.8) and the SKA instrument parameters so that your science is represented in our working group feedback.  We have already drafted an independent survey for Coherent Radio Bursts of the Active Sun.  We also need feedback from anyone that has developed pipelines/codes which can be used by the SKA (section 3.1 and 3.4).

or the different Non-imaging categories

Hamish, Wenjuan, and Galina

--
The CESRA highlights can be followed, discussed etc at
https://twitter.com/CESRA_community

SCSRC_community_input_questionnaire-20210630.docx
SKA_Survey_in_the_Image_Domain.docx
SKA_Survey_in_the_NonImage_Domain.docx