Would you concur that the vast majority of Apple Apologists can be termed "positive counterfactuals"?

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 21, 2018, 9:28:16 PM3/21/18
Would you concur that the vast majority of Apple Apologists can be
accurately termed as "positive counterfactuals" based on how they respond
to facts in these iOS and mac-related newsgroups?

They're quite unlike normal people who reside in the other platform-related
newsgroups:
http://tinyurl.com/alt-os-linux
http://tinyurl.com/alt-comp-os-windows-10
http://tinyurl.com/comp-mobile-android
etc.

For facts...

See this related thread for details on the term "positive counterfactuals":
Can a Mac edit an iOS file over WiFi without iTunes existing on the Mac?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/khhfEbzBAAAJ>

Specifically see this post by dorayme:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/U-DjmZjCBQAJ>

And this matter-of-fact response, expanding upon her suggestions:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/MulzbKfHBQAJ>

--
It's a proven fact (in many single-blind tests) that many Apple posters are
/different/ than normal adults, where the question is how to accurately

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 25, 2018, 4:06:20 PM3/25/18
Am 22 Mar 2018 10:26:04 GMT, schrieb Huge:

> I'm almost certain that you're a troll, but it nonetheless remains that
> many Apple fans are ... odd.

Hi Huge,

I only speak fact so I will address your points as one adult to another.

First, let it be known I've been on Usenet for decades, where I only speak
fact.

The evidence I am on /all/ the consumer platform newsgroups is shown by
these recent threads, where I use the same set of nyms, the same posting
style, and I bring up similar inconvenient facts when I ask questions:

*alt.comp.os.windows-10*
What is this strange new Windows file-system beast (wuaueng.dll)?
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103450>

*alt.os.linux*
What's a good way to back up Gmail when you've reached the size limit?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.os.linux/6YHdHFcpGxs>

*comp.sys.mac.system*
Can a Mac edit an iOS file over WiFi without iTunes existing on the Mac?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/khhfEbzBAAAJ>

*comp.sys.mac.apps*
Apple Macs Have Yet Another Password-Bypassing Bug
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.apps/LkRCT6S5rZE/lC7GBlQVAQAJ>

*misc.phone.mobile.iphone*
How to transfer iPad photos/videos to/from Linux/Windows over Wi-Fi LAN?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/YtpKpDhWm_s/1z7AO3jQCAAJ>

*comp.mobile.ipad*
Why does Apple (blue) "Mail" require iCloud backup just to send email?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/mHPakcqadMA/csgSjESfBAAJ>

*comp.mobile.android*
When you plug in your phone to usb on your computer, does your file system mount on Windows 10?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/qxztHvQevDY/UBjlL-pGAAAJ>

Notice the veracity of my statements, which is that a queuestion of
inconvenient facts only brings up the word "troll" in the Apple-related
newsgroups.

The rest of the adult newsgroups handle the question like adults.

> Some years ago, I bought a Mac Mini to find out what all the fuss was
> about. One of the main reasons was I wanted a video editing program (I
> don't like any of the Linux ones). The Mini came with an old version of
> macOS and a DVD with the current version. I installed the latest version
> from the DVD and installed all the updates. When I tried to run iMovie
> it crashed immediately.

Yes. I have plenty of Apple equipment. The bugs are the same. The only
thing different is the *MARKETING*!

Apple MARKETING has brainwashed its user base, where you have to be
susceptible to the brainwashing before it can work, to believe all sorts of
things which just aren't true, such as:
a. It just works (which is hilarious, since proving otherwise is trivial)
b. It's safer than equivalent platforms because it's updated more often
c. It's easier and more functional that the other platforms
etc.

All these are what the brainwashed user believes, but none are even
remotely true. In fact, the Apple poster habitually fabricates completely
fictional functionality, in response to simple technical questions.

Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary content?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/eRTC23FyVDY>

And yet, the Apple user, overall, believes in this Orwellian *MARKETING*
message, which is why I often posit that the average Apple users' entire
belief system is entirely religious, and completely devoid of any facts
(which the threads listed above amply prove).

> I (politely) sought assistance from various places (including here,
> IIRC) and was variously accused of trolling and lying, and told that
> what I was experiencing simply wasn't possible.

I apologize that your experience was similar to mine when I first came here
for help, where I always figure out the technical solution, and only "just
give up" when the huge limitation in Apple equipment forces me to just give
up.

Why do the Apple Apologists always deflect blame and call all facts they don't like, trolls?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/FZVR227jn4g>

Bearing in mind I'm on all the platform newsgroups, I can sympthathize with
you in the knowing knowledge that the *least helpful* by far, are the Apple
newsgroups.

If you read just one reference I provided, for example, look at the Windows
10 reference I quoted above, where we proved that Microsoft implemented a
sneaky overlay called WOF in the most recent Windows update, where we found
that sneakiness with dual-boot Linux tools.

Notice such adult helpful intent & experience is far beyond the Apple
posters here who have no intention to help, and they can't help anyway (as
evidenced by ample proof they can't even answer the /simple/ technical
questions.

It's just not in their hearts for Apple users to help others.
Why?
I don't know why.

I think they know, deep down, that they're not very technical, and they
know, deep down, that their entire belief system is merely a religious
fabrication by Apple *MARKETING* (admittedly one of the best in the
world!), so they feel that facts *THREATEN* their very underlying belief
system.

Since facts seem to threaten their underlying belief system, they act to
suppress any facts that they feel are inconvenient.

Their goal, I believe, is never to be helpful, but to suppress facts that
they don't like.

Meanwhile, as amply proven in the references above, the adult platform
newsgroups have no problem discussing inconvenient facts.

If I was back in graduate school, this would make a great thesis to
determine why the Apple poster is unlike normal adults on Usenet.

Apple *MARKETING* clearly holds sway over the average Apple poster here!
The smartest thing Apple ever did is to offer the cheap batteries
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/vd4lnpN5ZrU>

> No-one suggested anything
> constructive, not even how to reinstall iMovie by itself without having
> to reinstall all of macOS. One day, after installing updates, iMovie
> started to work.

The Apple posters, in general, are /afraid/ of inconvenient facts, as shown
by many of their responses to mere facts published and even agreed upon by
Apple herself.

They even blatantly deny that which Apple herself already admits!
Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary content?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/eRTC23FyVDY>

> I concluded that "it just works" was nonsense, that macOS is no easier
> to use or repair than any other O/S and that many (most? the majority?)
> of Apple fans are intolerant bigots. Although I now have (and am
> moderately happy with) a Macbook Air, I've not seen anything to change
> that conclusion.

I have plenty of Apple equipment, as do you, and others, where I must agree
with you that the Apple posters on the Usenet, for decades, have acted as,
you say, as "bigots", where they are intolerant of facts.

Why?
I don't know why.

My hypothesis is simply that their platform choice was never made on facts;
it was made on a religious acceptance of the Apple *MARKETING* mantra,
which facts threaten.

In fact, when you ask them why they like Apple products, they can't come up
with anything that wasn't fed to them by Apple MARKETING herself.

Why is the iPhone/iPad one of the most successful mobile device platforms in the market?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/x8QlA5W81Yw>

Ultred Harold Newton Ragnusen

Mar 25, 2018, 9:51:09 PM3/25/18
Tim Streater wrote:

>>Would you concur that the vast majority of Apple Apologists can be
>>accurately termed as "positive counterfactuals" based on how they respond
>>to facts in these iOS and mac-related newsgroups?
>
> No.

Then you haven't read this recent thread, which proves beyond a shadow of a
doubt that the typical reaction of Apple users is to instantly deny that
which is fact and to blame everyone but Apple for Apple's huge security
holes recently discovered in iOS 11 just this week.

*A massive security hole has been found in iOS 11*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/coCAgTSDfhU/c9jpNI35BwAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.ipad/coCAgTSDfhU>

Jolly Roger

Mar 25, 2018, 9:55:31 PM3/25/18
On 2018-03-26, Ultred Harold Newton Ragnusen <Ultred...@HaroldRagnusen.edu> wrote:
> Tim Streater wrote:
>
>>>Would you concur that the vast majority of Apple Apologists can be
>>>accurately termed as "positive counterfactuals" based on how they
>>>respond to facts in these iOS and mac-related newsgroups?
>>
>> No.
>
> Then you haven't read this recent thread

All that thread shows is you trolling with a fluff opinion piece from a
clickbait writer on Forbes about a minor iOS security issue where you
can get Siri to read notifications to you, which can easily be disabled
in Settings and will be patched shortly.

JR

Ultred Harold Newton Ragnusen

Mar 25, 2018, 10:18:19 PM3/25/18
Jolly Roger wrote:

> All that thread shows is you trolling with a fluff opinion piece from a
> clickbait writer on Forbes about a minor iOS security issue where you
> can get Siri to read notifications to you, which can easily be disabled
> in Settings and will be patched shortly.

Notice how your instantly deny what I reported factually.

Why is your first response to deny facts and then to attack the bearer of
facts as a "troll", simply for pointing out valid verified public facts.

You did a similar instant-child move when you essentially claimed that you,
of all people, were such a genius that only you, and not a single Apple
employee outside of Cupertino's engineering and marketing group, knew of
the secret, drastic, and permanent throttling of the defective iPhones.

Again, you essentially claim to be a genius, in that only you know how to
protect the hundreds of millions of unsuspecting users who have had this
bug for quite some time on their devices.

It would be interesting, were I to return to grad school back east, to
research a Dunning-Kruger-like thesis on the mentality that you possess,
Jolly Roger.

As in the DK situation, your self-assessment of skills is phenomenally off
base, and yet, only everyone else realizes that, but not you.

That you resort to instant child the moment you see a fact that you fear,
is interesting, in that you call the bearer of fact, a troll.

Only on the iOS groups is the bearer of fact called a troll, where, for
example, on the Windows group this same week, we brought up this
inconvenient fact, where the Windows users worked it out, even as Microsoft
secretly (and likely with ill intent) changed the WOF over NTFS just last
month:
What is this strange new Windows file-system beast (C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll)?
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103450>

The proof is consistent.
*Only on the Apple newsgroups is the bearer of inconvenient fact called a "troll".*

It's yet another proof that Apple users aren't like normal computer users.

Jolly Roger

Mar 25, 2018, 10:31:59 PM3/25/18
On 2018-03-26, Ultred Harold Newton Ragnusen <Ultred...@HaroldRagnusen.edu> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> All that thread shows is you trolling with a fluff opinion piece from a
>> clickbait writer on Forbes about a minor iOS security issue where you
>> can get Siri to read notifications to you, which can easily be disabled
>> in Settings and will be patched shortly.
>
> Notice how your instantly deny

Trolling is indeed denied. You can't accept facts. You literally have
nothing better to do than spend every hour of every day trolling Apple.
You're going to die a lonely angry old fart.

Steven Petruzzellis

Mar 26, 2018, 9:04:46 AM3/26/18
Open source is only inexpensive if your time has no value.

Nobody gets it, I am the one who figured it out.

Autumn 'The Shill' Nissen can only think from the viewpoint of a programmer.

--
This broke the Internet
Michael Glasser: Prescott Computer Guy

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 26, 2018, 9:46:03 AM3/26/18
Am Mon, 26 Mar 2018 09:10:46 +0000, schrieb Tim Streater:

> There us no reason to read your bollocks.

Notice how the Apple Apologist Tim Streater reacts to mere facts.

If I were back in my grad school days, I'd be interested in writing a paper
much like what the Dunning-Kruger team did, where I'd analyze people's
proven actions, such as what Tim Streater just did, to characterize what's
different about them from normal adults.

It seems Team Streater constantly reacts to facts with childish hateful
vitriol.

Why is Tim Streator so childishly hateful toward the bearer of a mere fact?
I don't know why.

I posit that perhaps Tim Streater is afraid of facts, so his childish
hateful vitriol is merely his response to the threat that facts present to
his belief system.

Why?
I don't know why.

I posit that Tim Streater's entire belief system is not built upon facts
like those of normal adults, but of a religious argument that is apparently
threatened by facts.

Hence, I posit, mere facts threaten Tim Streater's entire belief system.

That doesn't explain why Tim Streater always reacts as a child would, by
calling people fifth-grade potty-mouthed names, but it explains why Tim
Streater is so afraid of facts.

Why do the Apple Apologists, Jolly Roger, Tim Streater, Alan Baker, etc.,
always use childish fifth-grade potty-mouthed insults to the bearer of
fact?

I don't know why.
Maybe you can answer that Tim Streater?

Why do you consistently react to facts with nothing more than a childish
potty-mouthed vocabulary?

What is it about facts that makes you so hateful toward the bearer of
facts?

I'm interesting in you Tim Streater because you give me an insight into the
mind of the average Apple user, where you must admit, Apple users chose the
platform like flies gravitate to honey - so you're not like normal adults
on the other platform newsgroups, who don't act like you do.

So the proof is obvious that you're different Tim Streater, than normal
adults.

Please continue to help me understand how.

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 30, 2018, 5:21:32 PM3/30/18
Am 26 Mar 2018 09:24:20 GMT, schrieb Huge:

> So, you *are* a troll. Fair enough. If you have indeed "been on Usenet for
> decades", you'll know what this means;

Hi Huge,
You won't see this because you plonked, which is fine, but I post this now
as yet more solid proof supporting the above conclusions which prove beyond
any doubt that the Apple posters, for decades, are *different* from normal
adults.

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:39:01 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> attempt confirmed.

I only speak valid verified fact that any adult can verify for himself.

What's confirmed, time and again, is that once any of the Apple-based
child-like posters, such as you, nosmap, and Jolly Roger, Lewis, BK@OnRamp,
Alan Baker, Tim Streator, etc. infest a technical-question thread, it's
dead.

Witness, for example, the *immense* progress the Windows adults made on the
same question, by the same poster, at the same time, with many excellent
technical questions and answers resolved by adults.
Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517>

On the adult platform newsgroup, we not only proved out all the necessary
steps, the adults there also found where to get the AI software (apparently
for free but I need to doublecheck that), with a valid Windows license,
using the valid free TT fonts, and outputing and inputting the right file
formats, and running the requisite steps inside the free AI tool suite:
1. Import the AI format file into AI CS2
2. Use the CutContour command
3. Use the embedded fonts
4. Print to vinyl

On the Mac group, which, for decades, has been proven time and again to be
filled to the brim with child-like responses to any technical question they
don't like, the valid technical question wouldn't likely have received a
*single* purposefully helpful technical answer, and as a result of the
children who are proven time and again to infest the Apple newsgroups, the
thread would have been miles long, getting nowhere, as this simple Mac
question recently was.
Can a Mac edit an iOS file over WiFi without iTunes existing on the Mac?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/khhfEbzBAAAJ>

What's going on?
I don't know, but it seems that simply asking a technical question that
Apple users don't like results in them purposefully destroying the thread
with their childish rants.

Examples abound where this thread simply supplies valid verified proof:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ>

Notice, as that thread proves, on the Windows and Linux newsgroups, we ask
the same questions as we ask on the Apple newsgropus, and lo and behold,
adults answer the same question by *purposfully* providing helpful answers.

Fancy that.
It's only the select set of, admittedly prolific, Apple posters, who, over
the decades, have proven time and again that they're incapable of handling
technical questions they don't like, as adults would.

There is so much proof on the net that these Apple-based half-dozen or so
posters purposfully ruin any technical thread they don't like, that you may
as well assume any thread that they, or you infest, is dead the moment you
join it.

Like what happened to this thread, the moment you joined it.

Luckily, adults are proven to exist on the other newsgroups, so fantastic
technical progress was made despite the child-like Apple posters that you
represent.

Proof positive is here:
Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517>

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 30, 2018, 5:46:11 PM3/30/18
Am Fri, 30 Mar 2018 14:21:30 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

> Proof positive is here:
> Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
> <http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517>

I only speak facts - and which can easily be verified by sentient adults.

I forgot to include the comparison links of the same question asked in two
different newsgroups, where, consistently, over the decades, the same trend
of a high ratio of purposefully unhelpful responses to purposefully helpful
Apple posters (versus newsgroups that traditionally have few Apple
posters).

High purposefully unhelpful ratio:
*Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.photo.digital/zdVFRNwhdA8/UXTcwOiUBgAJ>

High purposefully helpful ratio:
*Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?*
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517>

More proof positive of the same purposefully uhhelpful posts from Apple
respondents is provided in this summary thread:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ>

Ragnusen Ultred

Mar 30, 2018, 8:44:53 PM3/30/18
Am Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:28:15 -0000 (UTC), schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

> Would you concur that the vast majority of Apple Apologists can be
> accurately termed as "positive counterfactuals" based on how they respond
> to facts in these iOS and mac-related newsgroups?

Here is further detailed proof...

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

> Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
> Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
> consensus seems to be:
>
> Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
> in Libre Office.)
>
> Import the PDF into Illustrator.

Hi Mayayana,

By now, you realize why you can't have any Apple users on any thread where
you actually expect three things:
a. Technical competency
b. Purposefully helpful responses
c. On-topic technical responses

Over the past two decades, that maxim has held out in spades, where recent
experiments show that it doesn't even matter /what/ the topic is, if the
Apple users are involved, it devolves instantly into childish drivel.

I was wrong when I thought the Apple children just didn't like facts that
were 'inconvenient' for them, such as anything truthful about either iOS or
the Mac OS.

I know this because I ran an experiment earlier this week about cable
strain relief, where I purposefully asked the same question, not as me, of
a set of non-Apple newsgroups, and a set of Apple newsgroups.

Remember, this experiment was about a cable strain relief, for heaven's
sake, which shouldn't /threaten/ the Apple posters in the least - and yet -
as always - the Apple posters alone destroyed the thread!

*Experiment showing the more Apple posters, the more unhelpful garbage*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Proof: <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/RDTYTGMX_iM/SQmXbIRuBAAJ>

*Experiment showing lack of Apple posters always comes to a helpful solution!*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Proof: <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.home.repair/bzlhAN_xYOM/OP7iFPBeAgAJ>

The proof is astoundingly reliable over the decades, that no matter what
technical question is asked, if Apple posters are involved, the thread will
almost never come to a technical solution - while if you eliminate the
Apple posters, you almost always come to a great solution.

Like all experiments that involve the Apple newsgroups, only the Apple
thread went to hell in a hand basket instantly, simply because when gnats
buzz a picnic, they will /always/ ruin the thread.

Sure, you can attempt to swat away the Apple gnats, or you can try to
ignore them, but the moment these Apple parasites find your picnic, the
thread is as good as ruined already.

Since I only speak valid facts verifiable by any sentient adult, here are
the links to that simple non-operating-system related experiment.

Apple posters posting incessant drivel to the simplest of questions:
Adult posters posting purposefully helpful answers to the same questions:

As just another pertinent example that the Apple posters have no intention
to ever be helpful, nor can they be helpful, just look at this simple
summary from the /same/ thread topic, where the difference between the lack
of technical competence on this newsgroup versus the adult newsgroup is
stellar.

High purposefully unhelpful ratio:
*Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.photo.digital/zdVFRNwhdA8/UXTcwOiUBgAJ>

High purposefully helpful ratio:
*Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?*
<http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517>

*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***
0. The best format, by far, for output from PowerPoint 2007 to suck into
Adobe Illustrator is PDF, particularly a PDF with the entire embedded font
set, simply because the /native/ format of Adobe Illustrator /is/ PDF.

1. A screenshot of the template, where the users are instructed they can
change anything but the last line (the ordinance legalities) and the
outside border. For example, if they want to draw a picture, they can, but
nobody bothered. They all just changed the text, which is why PowerPoint is
the right tool for that job.
<http://i.cubeupload.com/pK8NQE.gif>

2. The powerpoint 2007 file with the entire font set embedded.
<http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/H5GDdHA1/file.html>

3. The PDF output from PowerPoint, with the entire font set embedded.
<http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/abXkQMAN/file.html>

4. The entire "Roadgeek Series B Regular" font set, where distribution
requires only that the copyright notice be kept intact.
<http://www.fontspace.com/michael-d-adams/roadgeek-2005>

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
<https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html>

6. Instructions for importing PDF into Adobe Illustrator:
How to edit PDF files in Adobe Illustrator
<http://blog.globalizationpartners.com/using-pdf-in-illustrator-when-source-files-are-lost.aspx>

Search archived for leverage at:
<http://tinyurl.com/alt-comp-os-windows-10>
*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***

More proof positive of the same purposefully uhhelpful posts when Apple
respondents are involved is provided in this factual summary thread:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ>