Which free iOS KeePass kdbx-compatible password database manager do you recommend?

瀏覽次數:139 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

arlen holder

未讀,
2019年1月24日 凌晨1:29:472019/1/24
收件者:
Which free iOS KeePass kdbx-compatible password database manager do you recommend?

This question is part of a bigger solution for cross-platform
non-Internet password and calendaring on the home LAN.

While iOS 11 comes native with a password manager, that native password
manager doesn't seem to be kdbx-file compatible.

Googling, these appear to be potential free iOS password managers that may
be able to read the industry standard kdbx file format.

o MiniKeePass <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minikeepass/id451661808>
o KeePass Touch <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keepass-touch/id966759076>
o OneSecure <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onesecure-password-manager-keepass-compatible/id962640687>
o LastPass <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lastpass-password-manager/id324613447>
o RoboForm <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roboform-password-manager/id331787573>

Before I begin the test of iOS kdbx-compatible password managers,
all I ask is whether you know of any other suitable password managers.

Arlen Holder

未讀,
2019年12月30日 中午12:33:402019/12/30
收件者:
TECHNICAL UPDATE:
o Do people of reasonable technical ability store their private data on the Internet (if so, for what gain?)
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/E0TkTd-zLuk/fF1RRv51AwAJ>

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 17:15:49 +0100, Cohen wrote:

> Private data stored on the Internet? Of course! Backblaze and Restic
> (client side encryption before uploading the data). Encrypting the data
> yourself before uploading is wise.

Thank you Cohen for ignoring nospam's always childish attacks and for your
purposefully helpful adult on-topic technical suggestion of considering
"Restic & Backblaze" for backup/storage where I agree with you that backing
up personal data to the cloud and storing private data on the cloud should
be done with careful thought (e.g., multiple levels of encryption).

In the past, for data that must be stored in a cloud account, I've posted
TrueCrypt/Veracrypt advice for storing data inside of (multiply) encrypted
file containers (e.g., *.tc or *.vc files); and for data that doesn't need
to be on the net, I've posted advice for syncing your passwords over your
local LAN using Keepass (kdbx) databases, and syncing calendars over your
local LAN using ics files - all without _ever_ needing an "account" of any
sort (which all my solutions require to be general purpose solutions).

And I've posted advice for syncing contacts vcard (*.vcf) files across your
local lan, where I consider it rude to store other people's contact
information on the cloud.
o What are some key common databases you often SHARE between your desktop & mobile devices?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/ovnHGVriYsI/0frYPkC3AQAJ>

As most here are aware, I advise general purpose solutions which are always
free, where of the five common consumer platforms, only iOS lacks freeware
for privacy-based standard platform-independent solutions.

For example, every platform other than iOS has freeware for standard *.tc
portable encrypted file containers, where, for example, you can store
private data (e.g., tax records, family photos, identification documents,
etc.) in singly or doubly encrypted file containers which work just fine on
any of the five common consumer platforms.
o Best [iOS] freeware for portable encrypted file containers
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/8GGgFKaW-70/WCXEXfVYBAAJ>
o Best [Android] freeware for portable encrypted file containers
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/cas1QJ_j2uI/4Uut0HGrBgAJ>

Likewise, every platform other than iOS has freeware for local calendar ics
file import (as far as anyone has posted to the Apple newsgroups anyway),
so that you don't need to put your private calendar on the Internet.
o Does a free offline non-Internet calendar app exist for iOS that imports/exports ICS text files?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/OzUOmgJLmZs/Xzx9DMxnFAAJ>
o Has anyone here ever set up a CalDAV server on Windows for use with Android CalDAV clients?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/52iSsFUQinE/AflgVrHVEAAJ>

Luckily, all five common consumer platforms have freeware to store
passwords in the standard mutually compatible encrypted kdbx format:
o Which free iOS KeePass kdbx-compatible password database manager do you recommend?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/4bMe2LnPvPA/5h0THhXzDAAJ>

We're even beginning to document the Android/iOS free encryption keyboards!
o If not the default, what free Android keyboard are you using & why do you like it?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/CmZAI0OsXDs/fy-hAKwrBgAJ>

Having documented those privacy-based portable general-purpose freeware
solutions for all five common consumer platforms, I readily admit I was
unaware of Backblaze & Restic, so I appreciate this helpful additional
technical advice which hasn't come up in my queries in the past.

Hence, I thank you on my behalf and for the others on this public potluck
who benefit from the adult technical conversation - for *adding value* to
the technical conversation with your purposefully helpful suggestions.

Upon initial inspection, Backblaze appears to be a payware cloud solution
for something like $6 USD per month, so I won't delve deeper (unless that
first-pass skim assessment is incorrect):
o Backblaze Personal Backup (payware)
<https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html>

However, Restic appears to be a more general solution in that it's free.

o Restic freeware
<https://restic.net/>
"restic is a program that does backups right"
"restic is a backup program that is fast, efficient and secure.
It supports the three major operating systems (Linux, macOS, Windows)
and a few smaller ones (FreeBSD, OpenBSD)."
o Restic documentation
<https://restic.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>
o Restic source & binaries:
<https://github.com/restic/restic/releases/tag/v0.9.6>

*Restic appears to be a keeper as a general purpose backup solution!*
o The resulting files can basically be stored anywhere you like
(including on the Google Cloud, according to the documentation)
--
Usenet is a wonderful public potluck where adults share topics of value.
0 則新訊息