JFK Assassination Forum Archives -- Misc. Topics Of Interest (Part 126)

David Von Pein

Feb 20, 2010, 1:01:55 AM2/20/10
ARCHIVED JFK ASSASSINATION FORUM POSTS OF INTEREST (PART 126):

"MAN ON THE STREET" INTERVIEWS (NOVEMBER 22-24, 1963):
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/man-on-street-interviews-november-1963.html

"AFTER TWO YEARS: A CONVERSATION WITH THE PRESIDENT":
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/after-two-years-conversation-with-jfk.html

JOHN F. KENNEDY'S LAST PRESS CONFERENCE:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/jfk-last-press-conference.html

"THE AGE OF KENNEDY" (1966 NBC-TV DOCUMENTARY):
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/nbc-white-paper-age-of-kennedy.html

"RUBY AND OSWALD" (1978):
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/ruby-and-oswald-1978-tv-movie.html

"THE TRIAL OF LEE HARVEY OSWALD" (1977):
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/trial-of-lee-harvey-oswald-1977.html

LEE OSWALD'S WDSU-TV INTERVIEW:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/lee-harvey-oswald-interview-wdsu-tv.html

NELLIE CONNALLY READS HER PERSONAL NOTES CONCERNING 11/22/63:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/3c547aca2dc86267

INTERVIEWS WITH BILL AND GAYLE NEWMAN:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/interviews-with-bill-and-gayle-newman.html

SHELLEY, OSWALD, AND BOOKHOUT:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/7a3ebe1331033b12/29a5c12e9cca4b30?#29a5c12e9cca4b30

"KING KENNEDY":
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/king-kennedy.html

ZAPRUDER:
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1783.msg27200.html#msg27200
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1783.msg27204.html#msg27204
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/43be5f6a293b8048

HELSINKI:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/051d9a91734ef061

SNOW IN DEALEY PLAZA:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/snow-in-dealey-plaza.html

A FEW MORE THINGS:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/a55e3327d4cf497a
http://www.amazon.com/review/RCXVA6TRC7NEV/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=2&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx1CRQH84AVYSYY#Mx1CRQH84AVYSYY
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1799.msg27557.html#msg27557
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1815.0.html

David Von Pein

Feb 20, 2010, 10:37:14 PM2/20/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/8acde9d273265fa0

It would appear as though John Canal will never (ever) give up on his
fantasies regarding the "BOH" issues and his incredibly-silly theory
about how the doctors deliberately "under-reported" the damage to
President Kennedy's head--even though, per Canal, the END RESULT IS
IDENTICAL--i.e.,

Either way you slice it, the doctors knew with 100% CERTAINTY that JFK
was shot only ONCE in the head, with that bullet entering from behind.
But, per Canal, the doctors wanted to add an element of deceit and
deception to THE TRUE FACT THAT KENNEDY WAS ONLY SHOT FROM BEHIND, so
they decided to "under-report" the head damage, even though the
doctors could VERY EASILY have explained any "BOH" damage to Kennedy's
head as having resulted from a bullet entering the head from the rear
(had such damage actually existed, which it didn't, of course).

How could the doctors have easily done such a thing, you ask?

Answer:

Because such an explanation WOULD BE THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH.

But John A. Canal would rather jump through innumerable hoops of fire
instead of admitting that his convoluted theory doesn't have a leg (or
any common sense at all) to stand on.

"BOH" GALLERY:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/42a0bbac40f320f5
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d442d30af4fabdf3
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a93fbd3eceee9809
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/dd386954cebad312
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d5856e761c980873
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/0b30dd9469c00f35
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/ccc185e2cdb425e2
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a94f08867e7542e3
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/c5d68a02c4b61717
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/206d901e1d772b00
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/bd2d6afd533d2c63
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/ed6f679852c2c6b4
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/7abea215a6270e24
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/3068cd0dca637ae6

David Von Pein

Feb 22, 2010, 1:59:45 AM2/22/10

http://www.Amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=45&cdPage=5&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx3P3SIRDMZ4BC9#Mx3P3SIRDMZ4BC9

I see that the price for all five of Doug Horne's volumes of pure
fantasy has gone up recently at Amazon.com. A person now has to shell
out $125 to get all five volumes of Mr. Horne's invented tripe. A
ridiculous sum to pay for a batch of fables that would probably
embarrass even Aesop.

I wonder if anyone in Mr. Horne's camp has ever bothered asking
themselves this question (re: Dr. James J. Humes):

If Dr. Humes had been the type of vile, despicable conspirator that
Mr. Horne says he was, then why on Earth would Humes have ADMITTED to
burning ANY autopsy documents when he testified in front of the Warren
Commission and the HSCA and the ARRB?

The fact that Humes ADMITTED to burning various autopsy documents in
his home fireplace is virtual proof, right there, that Humes HAD
NOTHING TO HIDE with respect to any of his testimony in front of the
above-named Governmental committees.

It couldn't be more obvious, via just plain ol' common sense, that
when Humes admitted (three times) to burning some of the autopsy
materials, it means that such "burning" was definitely NOT DONE TO
CONCEAL ANYTHING CONSPIRATORIAL IN NATURE. Otherwise, Humes would have
kept his mouth shut about destroying stuff in his fireplace.

Common sense can go a long way in the JFK investigation. It's just too
bad that very few conspiracy theorists possess very much of that human
trait. Because if they did, they would also be asking themselves:

If JFK was shot from different locations in Dealey Plaza, then how in
the world did the so-called conspirators expect to possibly frame JUST
ONE SINGLE PATSY NAMED LEE HARVEY OSWALD for the President's murder?

It's food for Horne-battling thought anyway. Isn't it?

THE REALLY (REALLY!) SILLY THEORIES OF DOUGLAS P. HORNE:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/0e2e36113ce98e6b

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/155a3a578f5005f5

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 24, 2010, 3:44:20 AM2/24/10

http://Amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=55&cdPage=6&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx3GT3438TA0215#Mx3GT3438TA0215

IN A DISCUSSION AT AMAZON.COM, BRIAN McCLAFFERTY SAID:

>>> "You, sir, are no Doug Horne." <<<

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Thank the Maker for small favors.

BRIAN McCLAFFERTY SAID:

>>> "Mr. Horne was, in fact, a part of a legitimate investigation." <<<

DVP SAID:

No, you're wrong about that. Doug Horne was NOT part of an
"investigative" organization at all. The mandate of the Assassination
Records Review Board was not to "investigate" the assassination of
President Kennedy. Its primary responsibility was merely to oversee
the release of assassination-related records and documents to the
American people.

But the ARRB was not created to "investigate" anything at all. Nor to
draw any conclusions about the events in Dallas on November 22, 1963.
And that fact is quite clear when reading the first few pages of the
ARRB Final Report itself:

"This Final Report of the Assassination Records Review Board
details the Board's extensive work in fulfilling its statutory
mandate. The JFK Act, however, necessitates that the Review Board's
report be different from reports of other assassination-related
commissions and committees.

"Previous assassination-related commissions and committees were
established for the purpose of issuing final reports that would draw
conclusions about the assassination.

"Congress did not, however, direct the Review Board to draw
conclusions about the assassination, but to release assassination
records so that the public could draw its own conclusions.

"Thus, this Final Report does not offer conclusions about what
the assassination records released did or did not prove. Rather, it
identifies records that the Board released and describes the processes
and standards that the Board used to release them."

[...]

"The major purpose of the Review Board was to re-examine for
release the records that the agencies still regarded as too sensitive
to open to the public."

-- Pages xxi and xxiii of the "Assassination Records Review
Board Final Report"

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/report/html/arrb_fin_018.htm

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/report/html/arrb_fin_020.htm

-----------

The "official testimony" of the various medical witnesses was not
needed at all in order for the ARRB to complete its mission of
releasing RECORDS to the American public.

Why on Earth such testimony was taken is a complete mystery to me,
when a simple phone call to these people from an ARRB member would
have easily sufficed (in order to clear up the issue of any so-called
"missing photographs" or "missing documents", etc.).

My guess is that all five of the top members of the ARRB were
thoroughly embarrassed when they saw Doug Horne's various "memos"
attached as an addendum to the ARRB's work.

Good heavens, who WOULDN'T be embarrassed after seeing this kind of
total nonsense and speculation in print?:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/arrb/staff_memos/DH_BrainExams/html/d130_0002a.htm

http://history-matters.com/archive/contents/arrb/contents_arrb_staff-memos.htm

Somewhere along the line, the ARRB's scope seemed to expand. My guess
would be that Doug Horne's preposterous theories more or less fueled
the idea that a broader "investigation" needed to be done. And,
incredibly, Horne's large batch of "Two Brains" and "Humes Altered
JFK's Head Wounds" foolishness was permitted ample space in the form
of his various "memorandums" that were published alongside the ARRB's
Final Report.

Another guess: After finding out that Doug Horne was a conspiracy kook
to end ALL conspiracy kooks, the ARRB probably was dying to fire him
(to save the Review Board any further embarrassment), but they decided
it might not look too good to fire the only conspiracy theorist on the
Review Board staff (it might look like the Board was "covering up"
something), so they let the kook named Horne stay on the staff and
they let him run wild with his own unique speculation by allowing him
lots of space in the Report in the form of "memos".

I feel sorry for Mr. Tunheim and the other ARRB members for having to
put up with Mr. Horne's tommyrot. One of those members was Anna K.
Nelson, who talks about her work with the ARRB in this C-Span
interview from October 1998:

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/01/anna-nelson-of-arrb-october-1998.html

==============================

QUOTING SOME REASONABLE AUTHORS WHO POSSESS SOME COMMON SENSE:

"Before Doug Horne, the main beef that most conspiracy theorists
had with the autopsy surgeons was their alleged incompetence. But
thirty-five years after the assassination, Horne showed all these
naive, whippersnapper conspiracy theorists a thing or two. Humes and
Boswell weren't incompetent. They were criminals and co-conspirators.

"One would think that Horne would be ashamed of himself for
writing the memorandum he did. But to the contrary, he is very
proud. ....

"A great number of nuts have kept pumping out conspiracy
theories for years. But these are private nuts, on the outside as it
were. But when someone like Horne, working for an official review
board of the federal government, someone we expect to be responsible,
can author a document that couldn't possibly be any sillier or
transparently irresponsible, then unfortunately we know that the
notion of a conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination will be alive and
well until the crack of doom.

"I suppose it is a given that there will be other Doug Hornes
who will breast-feed the conspiracy loonies for generations to come
with their special lactations of bilge, blather, and bunk.

"One wants to take earnest, well-intentioned, and intelligent
people like Drs. David Mantik and Gary Aguilar seriously, even though
neither of them are pathologists. But when they take someone like Doug
Horne seriously, and accept his outrageous and patently false theory
as completely valid, it becomes much more difficult to take them
seriously."

-- Vincent T. Bugliosi; Pages 435-444 of "Reclaiming History:
The Assassination Of President John F. Kennedy" (c.2007)

http://ReclaimingHistory.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~

"While one of the pieces of physical evidence could conceivably
have been faked by an expert, there is no possibility that an expert,
or team of super-experts, could have fabricated the perfectly
coordinated whole. This brings to mind the recurrent theme in most
conspiracy books. All the officials alternate between the role of
"Keystone Kops", with the inability to recognize the implications of
the most elementary evidence, and "Evil Geniuses", with superhuman
abilities to fake physical evidence that is in complete agreement with
all the other faked evidence."

-- Larry M. Sturdivan; Page 246 of "The JFK Myths: A Scientific
Investigation Of The Kennedy Assassination" (c.2005)

http://Amazon.com/DVP-THE-JFK-MYTHS/review/R6EGCI0WHHGAD

==============================

http://Amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=58&cdPage=6&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx3LTZONBIPHHPS#Mx3LTZONBIPHHPS

JAMES H. FETZER THEN FELT COMPELLED TO CHIME IN WITH THIS HILARIOUS
EJACULATION:

>>> "Anyone who would cite Vincent Bugliosi on the assassination has thereby disqualified himself as a student of the case. For serious reviews of his RECLAIMING HISTORY, visit...[Fetzer's webpage excised by DVP; my weak bladder can't handle THAT much hilarity all at one time]..." <<<

DVP SAID:

The above comment by James H. Fetzer comes from a person who takes
seriously the idea that Mary Moorman and Jean Hill should have
performed a multiplicity of activities in just 1.6 SECONDS while on
Elm Street on 11/22/63 (which was the total amount of time those two
women were visible in Abraham Zapruder's home movie).

Prof. Fetzer has disqualified himself (many times) from being
considered a "reasonable" and/or "rational" researcher when it comes
to the topic of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. (Not
to mention other topics--like 9/11.)

http://Amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie=UTF8&cdMsgNo=60&cdPage=6&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx1LM5ZVB65XR82#Mx1LM5ZVB65XR82

JAMES H. FETZER SAID:

>>> "Are these guys as dumb as they sound? We know the [Zapruder] film has been massively edited [~~LOL BREAK HERE~~] and the timeline has been contracted. The driver, William Greer, actually brought the limo to a halt to make sure JFK would be killed [~~ADDITIONAL LOL NEEDED HERE, OF COURSE~~]. .... So von Pein [sic], who actually knows better, is displaying a degree of hypocrisy that ALMOST defies belief [~~IT'S AN LOL HAT TRICK NOW~~]. If anyone here thinks he or his running mate, Paul May, are sincere, then check out the sources I am providing. And in relation to Mary Moorman and Jean Hill, all you have to do is read or listen to their own words. .... And...David Lifton reports how Gary Mack, who serves as the curator of The 6th Floor Museum, as incredible as that may be, attempts to manipulate Mary. [~~ONE LAST TIME: LOL!!~~]" <<<

DVP SAID (FIGHTING HIS WEAK BLADDER AFTER CONVERSING WITH KOOK FETZER,
AS USUAL):

So, Professor Fetzer, do you still think that Mary Moorman and Jean
Hill could have accomplished everything on your previously-published
laundry list in the 1.6 seconds that are afforded them in the Zapruder
Film (as discussed more fully at the link below)?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/4bb91d2bcb706688

Good gosh, even if you tack on an additional five seconds, Moorman &
Hill could still not have done everything you claim we SHOULD be
seeing those ladies do via an "unaltered" version of the Zapruder
Film.

Get real. And then grab some common sense, Jim. You could use a lot
more of that stuff.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a61db2ca369ba203

STEVE (AT ALT.CONSPIRACY.JFK) SAID:

>>> "To DVP: I find it interesting that none of the nuts on this site responded to Horne's beliefs you pointed out [AT THE TWO LINKS BELOW]. They simply refer to peripheral issues that don't deal directly with Horne's nutty claims. This is to be expected. It is clear that since "Reclaiming History" was released the nuts have been frantic for a messiah to deliver an opposing message. For them to hitch their wagons to Horne's ridiculous work is evidence of the desperate state the conspiracy asylum is in following the total destruction their theories received in "Reclaiming History". I'll bet David Lifton is boiling mad that Horne has hijacked much of his ridiculous 1980 theory of pre-autopsy body alteration and is the "Conspiracy Flavor of the Month." By the way, how many respected medical experts agree with Horne's pre-autopsy body alteration theory?" <<<

------------------

DOUG HORNE'S SILLINESS:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/db23aac0f1dcbfd2

BUD SAID:

>>> "The medical evidence is a Rorschach test. The results are in, and you [Ben Holmes] and Horne are retarded." <<<

DVP SAID:

Thank you, Steve.
Thank you, Bud.

http://The-JFK-Assassination.blogspot.com
http://Kennedy-Videos.blogspot.com

mucher1

Feb 24, 2010, 3:55:08 AM2/24/10
On 22 Feb., 07:59, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://www.Amazon.com/review/R23U3HRSNOQ2X3/ref=cm_cr_rev_detmd_pl?ie...

> I see that the price for all five of Doug Horne's volumes of pure
> fantasy has gone up recently at Amazon.com. A person now has to shell
> out $125 to get all five volumes of Mr. Horne's invented tripe. A
> ridiculous sum to pay for a batch of fables that would probably
> embarrass even Aesop.

FYI, it's still listed at $75 + postage (US: $10, Int'l: $65) on the
MFF website:

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/MFF_Store

(Despite ringing endorsements from Laz and Holmes--the Laurel and
Hardy of JFK conspiracy buffdom--I'm afraid I can't bring myself to
shell out $140 for this one.)

David Von Pein

Feb 24, 2010, 6:28:00 AM2/24/10

>>> "I'm afraid I can't bring myself to shell out $140 for this one." <<<

I wouldn't shell out $2 for Horne's charade.

Anyway, why should anyone buy the books? I think the majority of
Horne's tripe (sans a few additional nuggets of nuttiness) is
available for free, right here in the ARRB records:

http://history-matters.com/archive/contents/arrb/contents_arrb_staff-memos.htm

David Von Pein

Feb 24, 2010, 6:54:17 AM2/24/10

aeffects

Feb 24, 2010, 1:29:58 PM2/24/10
> http://history-matters.com/archive/contents/arrb/contents_arrb_staff-...

after your internet *PR* disaster, Reclaiming History by Vincent
Bugliosi -- and all the pre/post publication hype-bullshit that went
along with it, it's gotta have you wondering just how bad your
miscaclculations were, eh?

Your problem has ALWAYS been (and always will be), trying to sell the
unsellable, the Warren Commission Report conclusions! For its entire
history, the WC report has never even passed the simplest of smell
tests.

The Warren Commission LIED in 1964, that lie has been perpetuated
since that date in time. That lie in fact, the reason for your 39
blogs, various YouTube channels, 16+ aliases, staff and budget which
of course enables your participation in every JFK assassination
(public and private) internet board, innocuous-unrelated internet
forums, book review sites you can get on (till getting yourself throw
off of).

Salute... CZAR David Von Pein! The lone nut plebes adore thee.......
oh, and carry on.... what would we ever do without THEE? ROTFLMFAO!

David Von Pein

Feb 26, 2010, 9:47:53 AM2/26/10

http://MaryFerrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10484&relPageId=271

While looking through the (seemingly) endless array of fascinating
documents and reports that occupy the sterling Mary Ferrell website, I
took note of the above-linked "Medical Care" report on Lee Harvey
Oswald while he was in the Marine Corps.

The medical report in question (which is part of Warren Commission
Document 81.1) pertains to the injury that Lee Oswald sustained on
October 27, 1957, while he was in Japan. On that date, Oswald
accidentally shot himself with a .45-caliber automatic pistol
(although the report indicates that the bullet removed from Oswald's
upper left arm "appeared to be a 22 slug").

But, IMO, the most interesting part of that particular medical report
is the fact that we discover that the bullet was left inside Oswald's
left arm for several days before it was removed. The report states
that "the wound of entrance was allowed to heal and the missile was
then excised through a separate incision two inches above the wound of
entry".

The report also says that the surgery to remove the missile from
Oswald's left arm occurred on "10-5-57" (October 5th), which has to be
an error, because, via multiple documents (including the one linked
above), we know the accident occurred on October 27, 1957. So any
surgery to remove the bullet couldn't possibly have taken place 22
days BEFORE the incident occurred.

The report almost certainly should say "SURG: 11-5-57", instead of
10-5-57, which means that Oswald had the bullet inside him for 9 days
before it was removed.

The main reason I'm bringing up this topic is because I thought it was
kind of interesting. (And I also can't help but wonder why they had to
wait nine days to take the bullet out of Oswald's arm. That seems a
tad bit strange. But, then too, I'm not a trained medical
professional. So what do I know?)

I also brought this incident up in order to point out the "October
5th" error that appears in the document. And it is just that kind of
clerical error that is very common, even among some records and
reports dealing with the JFK assassination. With a good example being:
the Klein's Sporting Goods/First National Bank typo regarding an
incorrect date.

There's a First National Bank receipt that is marked "February", when
it really should say "March". And that's a typo that a lot of
conspiracy theorists like to trump as PROOF that somebody was cooking
the books in order to put the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle in the hands of
Lee Harvey Oswald. But, in reality, it's the kind of mistake that
happens practically every day.

And stuff like that happens every day because humans are very mistake-
prone.