JFK Assassination Forum Archives -- Misc. Topics Of Interest (Part 130)

David Von Pein

Mar 18, 2010, 6:49:01 PM3/18/10
ARCHIVED JFK ASSASSINATION FORUM POSTS OF INTEREST (PART 130):

LEE HARVEY OSWALD'S POST OFFICE BOX:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/6cfb3ffc0a82c9df
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/8728d88127353310
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/240db5c53c70e9af
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/6fd10bfdd2de2c92
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/a1b2dd5cd48b8b2d
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/b51b434cd739f32e
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/e8ec98d0c7632754
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/b23e6ab9c0027851
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/4ea83d1ebe362f8e
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/820c2cd3a64dc18f
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/439a36804938252e
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/2f43ee8dc5247411
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1939.msg30787.html#msg30787

DOUG HORNE:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/2d573dca32fd3279
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/1705f29e6ea0ce82

WHERE THE HELL IS MATT?:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/dff64c91237fa7df
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/03/where-is-matt.html

MISCELLANY:
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1912.msg29936.html#msg29936
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1925.msg30357.html#msg30357
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/14605f4601b5dc70

David Von Pein

Mar 22, 2010, 5:47:18 AM3/22/10

The fifth Appendix in the Warren Commission Report ("Appendix V")
provides an excellent resource -- it's an alphabetical list of every
one of the 552 witnesses who provided testimony, depositions, or
affidavits to the Warren Commission in 1964, plus a reference next to
each witness' name indicating the WC volume number where that person's
testimony can be located.

Appendix V is a valuable witness index, and it's an excellent resource
and research tool that some people might not even know exists within
the Warren Report itself. It begins on page 483 of the WR.

Appendix V, plus the "Name" index and the "Exhibit" index (which both
appear in Warren Commission Volume #15), provide (in their totality) a
very good resource for researchers who are searching for material
within the 888-page Warren Report and the Report's 26 supporting
volumes.

APPENDIX V; LIST OF WITNESSES:
http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0254a.htm

INDEX OF NAMES (BEGINNING AT 15 H 753):
http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh15/html/WC_Vol15_0382a.htm

INDEX OF EXHIBITS (BEGINNING AT 15 H 801):
http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh15/html/WC_Vol15_0406a.htm

Given the fact that the three above-linked indexes exist, I have no
idea why so many conspiracy theorists seem to think the Warren Report
or the 26 associated volumes contain no useful index whatsoever.
Because that's simply not true, as the above three links amply
demonstrate.

A personal note:

I never cease to be amazed at the depth and scope of the Warren
Commission Report and its 26 volumes of testimony and exhibits.
Whenever I re-read passages within the WCR or one of its volumes, I
almost always come away feeling even more satisfied than before with
the Warren Commission's comprehensiveness and with the accuracy of the
conclusions reached by Earl Warren's Commission.

In short, the Warren Commission Report is a remarkable piece of work.

http://history-matters.com/archive/contents/contents_wc.htm

http://DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2010, 10:38:55 PM4/30/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/3e64f95c6aa2553a/1ab709d87a6c35a1?#1ab709d87a6c35a1

>>> "Cyril Wecht actually was first to promote this idea [of the Connally "lapel flip"] "officially" to the Rockefeller Commission. He got it from an associate of his." <<<

Yeah, and even when he was armed with this obvious visual sign of a
bullet going through John Connally's body at precisely Z224, Dr. Wecht
still holds steadfastly to his anti-SBT position, with Wecht insisting
that the exiting bullet from JFK's throat could not possibly have gone
on to strike Governor Connally.

Of course, it always helps if the conspiracy theorist in question--in
this instance Dr. Cyril H. Wecht--decides (on his own, without a shred
of evidence to support the notion) to place a mystery gunman in
another location in Dealey Plaza, which Wecht has done by inventing a
make-believe assassin who was shooting at President Kennedy from a
lower floor on the west end of the Book Depository Building.

The funniest part of Dr. Wecht's anti-SBT spiel (which he has repeated
numerous times throughout the years) is when he insists that the
Warren Commission's test bullet that was fired into a human wrist bone
(and ONLY into a wrist bone, without having gone through a simulated
JFK neck OR a simulated Connally torso!) should somehow mimic the
condition of Warren Commission Exhibit 399.

But what Dr. Wecht never tells his listening audience when he goes
into that anti-SBT rant is that the Edgewood Arsenal/WC test bullet
was not fired to re-create the Single-Bullet Theory or CE399.

How COULD that test bullet have been designed to reconstruct the SBT,
Dr. Wecht? It wasn't fired through ANY other bodies before striking a
wrist bone! Therefore, quite obviously, such a test bullet is
certainly not going to exhibit the same post-firing characteristics
and damage that CE399 possesses.

I'm always amazed when I hear Wecht ramble on and on about how those
banged-all-to-hell Warren Commission test bullets are physical PROOF
that the Single-Bullet Theory is a big steaming pile of excrement.

Although surely someone has done so in the past (besides me in the
posts below), I have never once heard anyone bother to correct Wecht's
error regarding this matter, or confront him with it in any of his
many interviews.

Not even Vincent Bugliosi set Wecht straight on this important subject
about the comparison between the test bullets and CE399 when Vince was
provided a golden opportunity to do so during his live radio debate
with Dr. Wecht in June 2007.

~shrug~

I was practically screaming at my radio while listening to that
debate, trying desperately to get Vincent Bugliosi to say the
following words to the esteemed Pittsburgh pathologist:

"DR. WECHT, THE TEST BULLETS DIDN'T GO THROUGH ENOUGH LAYERS OF
FLESH TO SIMULATE WARREN COMMISSION EXHIBIT 399!!"

http://groups.google.com/group/Reclaiming-History/browse_thread/thread/b7822a448de13ce5

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/33d9bfcbbb2d8658

http://Bugliosi-Vs-Wecht.blogspot.com

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-trial-lee-harvey-oswald-1986.html

bigdog

Apr 30, 2010, 11:44:11 PM4/30/10
On Apr 30, 10:38 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/th...
> http://groups.google.com/group/Reclaiming-History/browse_thread/threa...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/33d9bfcbbb2d8658
>
> http://Bugliosi-Vs-Wecht.blogspot.com
>
> http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/on-trial-lee-harvey-oswald-...

I have very mixed feelings about Dr. Cyril Wecht. On the one hand, I
believe he is very knowledgeable in his area of professional
expertise, forensic medicine. I also believe he is basically an
honorable guy. Unfortunately, many years ago, he got hoodwinked into
believing the hype about a GK shooter and he staked his professional
reputation on such. Now I believe he feels compelled to cling to those
early beliefs because he feels he would lose face if he were to admit
that the things he claimed earlier were in fact bogus. He just can't
bring himself to admit that he was wrong. I strongly suspect that if
he hadn't been so public with his acceptance of the GK shooter, and
were to look at all that is known today objectively, that he too would
admit that the shots that killed JFK came from behind and that LHO
acted alone. In other words, he would be a LN. Vincent Bugliosi
regards Cyril Wecht as a friend. That is good enough for me.