Your daily quote of sanity - August 25

The Lord, pt. II

Aug 25, 2006, 5:40:05 PM8/25/06
"Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
dies."

---M.K. Gandhi

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 25, 2006, 6:07:30 PM8/25/06

"Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit

Amen !

Laus Dei !

Marana tha !

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor whom I love
unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d3b7b57d0fbf89ed?

Cary Kittrell

Aug 25, 2006, 6:09:19 PM8/25/06
In article <1156543649.7...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> writes:
> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> > dies."
> >
> > ---M.K. Gandhi
>
> "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit

People never lose faith? I thought that even Jesus Himself
talked about that happening.

-- cary

Sgt.Sausage

Aug 25, 2006, 6:19:20 PM8/25/06

"The Lord, pt. II" <chungism...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> dies."
>
> ---M.K. Gandhi

I believe Mr. Gandhi -- great man that he was (and he *truly* was
one of the GreatOnes(tm) -- I believe he could not have been more
wrong on this one.

Faith and reason are incompatible, by definition.

"Reason" is based on observation, and logic.

"Faith" is based on belief and trust, specifically in the
absense of reason.

The two can never be resolved. They are, by
definition, incommensurable.

Big Dave

Aug 25, 2006, 8:53:18 PM8/25/06

"Cary Kittrell" <ca...@afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message

This is Chung's Jesus. Other Jesus' mileage may vary.

David H.

Pastor Kutchie

Aug 25, 2006, 9:37:53 PM8/25/06

Faith and belief are at the bottom of the intellectual food chain

SkumTaht

Aug 25, 2006, 10:15:44 PM8/25/06
"The Lord, pt. II" <chungism...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1156542005.089534.69470
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

SkumTaht

Aug 25, 2006, 11:03:40 PM8/25/06
The Lawd doesn't exist, so stop fantisizing you idiots.

"The Lord, pt. II" <chungism...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1156542005.089534.69470
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> dies."
>
> ---M.K. Gandhi

Uncle Vic

Aug 25, 2006, 11:07:19 PM8/25/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
(nosp...@heartmdphd.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
>> "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
>> dies."
>>
>> ---M.K. Gandhi
>
> "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit

It did in Dan barker. Therefore, the "holy spirit" lied. Why do you
believe in a liar, Earthquack?

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 26, 2006, 1:52:18 AM8/26/06
Cary Kittrell wrote:
> In article <1156543649.7...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <nosp...@heartmdphd.com> writes:
> > Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > > "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> > > dies."
> > >
> > > ---M.K. Gandhi
> >
> > "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit
>
> People never lose faith?

Not when they have placed their faith in the LORD.

> I thought that even Jesus Himself talked about that happening.

It is written HE will not lose any of HIS sheep.

May GOD continue to heal you heart, dear neighbor Cary whom I love

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2006, 2:45:29 AM8/26/06

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Cary Kittrell wrote:

> > > "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit
> >
> > People never lose faith?
>
> Not when they have placed their faith in the LORD.

http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/

Hey, Cary. Betcha two US dollars he says something like, "They never
had true faith to begin with.". <g>

-Panama Floyd, Atl.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
EAC Martian Commander
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Ben Kaufman

Aug 26, 2006, 8:37:08 AM8/26/06
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:53:18 GMT, "Big Dave" <dh...@houston.r.r.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>> People never lose faith? I thought that even Jesus Himself
>> talked about that happening.
>>

> This is Chung's Jesus. Other Jesus' mileage may vary.
>
> David H.

Kinda moot since they stopped selling leaded gasoline.

Ben

Ben Kaufman

Aug 26, 2006, 9:18:51 AM8/26/06

I am not very knowledgable about Ghandi, however, based upon the above quote
(which appears to be edited but is hopefully not out of context) he is saying
only that faith must be guided by reason, not vice versa.

For example, your kid is terribly sick. Do you have blind faith that God is
going to make him well or do you bring him to a Dr?

Ben

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 26, 2006, 9:26:14 AM8/26/06
panam...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > Cary Kittrell wrote:

> > > People never lose faith?
> >
> > Not when they have placed their faith in the LORD.
>
> http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/

>From your cite:

"On January 16, 1984, I sent out this letter announcing my new-found
atheism to more than fifty colleagues, friends, and family members:"

"Dear friend, "
"You probably already know that I have gone through some significant
changes regarding spiritual things. The past five or six years has been
a time of deep re-evaluation for me, and during the last couple of
years I have decided that I can no longer honestly call myself a
Christian. You can probably imagine that it has been an agonizing
process for me. I was raised in a good Christian home, served in
missions and evangelism, went to a Christian college, became ordained
and ministered in three churches as Assistant Pastor. During those
years I was 100 percent convinced of my faith, and now I am just about
100 percent unconvinced."

No mention of his having placed his faith in LORD Jesus Christ.

No mention of GOD's love, which is the fruit of faith in LORD Jesus
Christ.

"The purpose of this letter is not to present my case. Yet, I will
point out that my studies have brought me through many important areas,
most notably: the authenticity of the Bible, faith vs. reason, church
history--and a bunch of other fun subjects like evolution, physics,
psychology, self-esteem, philosophy, parapsychology, pseudo-science,
mathematics, etc."

Without the LORD, all intellectual pursuits are meaningless
(Ecclesiastes).

"I'm not sure what the purpose of this letter is, except to serve as a
point of information to a friend or relative whom I consider to be
important in my life, and with whom I could not bear to be dishonest. I
have not thrown the baby out with the bath water. I still basically
maintain the same Christian values of kindness, love, giving,
temperance and respect that I was raised with. Christianity has much
good. Yet I feel I can demonstrate an alternate, rational basis for
those values outside of a system of faith and authority. Of course, I
admit, those values cannot save me from the fires of hell--but it is
irrational to hold a fear of something which is non-existent, and to
allow that fear to dominate one's philosophy and way of life."

Love is not a Christian value but a choice made through GOD's generous
gift of free will to obey Christ Jesus' two commandments:

(1) Love GOD with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

(2) Love all others including your enemies unconditionally as you would
love yourself.

"If the Bible is true I will run to it willingly. If there is a God, I
would be silly to deny Him. In fact, the little child in me still
sometimes wishes to regain the comforts and reassurances of my former
beliefs. I am a human being with the same fears and feelings we all
share. The Bible says those who seek will find. You know me. I am
constantly seeking. And I have not found. Right now I am somewhere
between the agnostic and the atheist, although I spend a great deal of
time in both camps."

Those with faith in LORD Jesus Christ find what they seek.

Those without faith in LORD Jesus Christ will remain lost.

"There is much more to say, and I would greatly appreciate any input
you can offer. I would suggest, though, that before we attempt any
meaningful dialogue, we should understand as much as possible about
each other's thoughts. If you wish, I will send you any of various
papers I am preparing, including: The Bible, Faith vs. Reason, . . ."

"My LORD **and** my GOD !" -- Archetypal atheist "doubting" Thomas
supplanting reason with faith upon seeing the risen Christ Jesus.

"Finally, I am not your enemy. Our enemy is the one who doesn't care
about these subjects--who thinks that you and I are silly to be
concerned with life and values. I intend no disrespect to you, or
anyone who is genuinely interested in religion and philosophy. It is
the non-thinker who bothers me and with whom meaningful interaction is
impossible."

"Dan Barker"

>From the other things that he has written, it is clear that he holds
the opinion that arguing/debating are interactions that have meaning
because they serve to test the truth, Who is the LORD. This opinion is
confirmed with his writing "If the Bible is true I will run to it
willingly." His having this opinion from the outset reveals that though
he convinced himself through self-debate that he had faith, he never
did because those with faith have the LORD's peace, which passes all
worldly understanding so that they no longer test the LORD but simply
trust HIM. Moreover, it is written that we are not to test the LORD our
GOD. May GOD help neighbor Dan Barker whom I love unconditionally in
Jesus' most precious and holy name. Amen.

> Hey, Cary. Betcha two US dollars he says something like, "They never
> had true faith to begin with.". <g>

Hope what the Holy Spirit has guided me to write has not disappointed
anyone.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Floyd whom I love

Al

Aug 26, 2006, 9:15:40 AM8/26/06
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit

Want proof he's nuts? Chung is attributing a QUOTE to "holy spirit"!!!

bob young

Aug 27, 2006, 12:24:01 AM8/27/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> > dies."
> >
> > ---M.K. Gandhi
>
> "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit

At least not until some nut makes up another religion for weaklings to
follow.

bob young

Aug 27, 2006, 12:25:02 AM8/27/06

Cary Kittrell wrote:

nobody has any idea what the Late JC was supposed to have said,
all we have are scribblings about 1.4 generations later

> -- cary

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 27, 2006, 3:54:30 AM8/27/06
bob young wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:
>
> > Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
> > > "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
> > > dies."
> > >
> > > ---M.K. Gandhi
> >
> > "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit
>
> At least not until some nut makes up another religion for weaklings to
> follow.

"Heaven and earth will pass away. MY words will never pass away." --
LORD Jesus Christ.

May GOD continue to heal your heart dear neighbor Bob whom I love

Ben Kaufman

Aug 27, 2006, 2:44:51 PM8/27/06
On 26 Aug 2006 23:24:01 -0500, bob young <alasp...@netvigator.com> wrote:

>"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:
>
>> Nymshifting neighbor wrote:
>> > "Faith... Must be enforced by reason...When faith becomes blind it
>> > dies."
>> >
>> > ---M.K. Gandhi
>>
>> "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit
>
>At least not until some nut makes up another religion for weaklings to
>follow.

<SNIP>

They tried but weights made in the shape of a crucifix were very dangerous if
dropped. :-)

Ben

Cary Kittrell

Aug 28, 2006, 12:22:13 PM8/28/06
In article <1156574729.3...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> panam...@hotmail.com writes:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > Cary Kittrell wrote:

> > > People never lose faith?
> >
> > Not when they have placed their faith in the LORD.
>
> http://www.ffrf.org/books/lfif/
>
> Hey, Cary. Betcha two US dollars he says something like, "They never
> had true faith to begin with.". <g>

But of course. No one ever put his hand to the plow, and then
looked back, either.

-- cary

bob young

Aug 29, 2006, 1:45:03 AM8/29/06

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:

> bob young wrote:

> > > "Faith in LORD Jesus Christ never dies." -- Holy Spirit
> >
> > At least not until some nut makes up another religion for weaklings to
> > follow.
>
> "Heaven and earth will pass away. MY words will never pass away." --
> LORD Jesus Christ.

See what I mean !

> May GOD continue to heal your heart dear neighbor Bob whom I love
> unconditionally.

My heart pumps blood.

Electronic impulses in some brains result in them
wallowing in superstition.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 29, 2006, 3:15:17 AM8/29/06
bob young wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" wrote:
>
> > bob young wrote:

> > > At least not until some nut makes up another religion for weaklings to
> > > follow.
> >
> > "Heaven and earth will pass away. MY words will never pass away." --
> > LORD Jesus Christ.
>
> See what I mean !

You mean nothing without the LORD (Ecclesiastes)... so there is nothing
to see at the moment.

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Bob whom I love
unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 30, 2006, 9:38:51 PM8/30/06

You dumb bitch-assed moron. You were supposed to wait until AFTER Cary
took the bet. Can't you do ANYTHING right?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 30, 2006, 9:56:36 PM8/30/06

Name-calling simply shows how lost you remain.

Message has been deleted

panam...@hotmail.com

Aug 30, 2006, 11:09:15 PM8/30/06

And your sensitivity to it shows what a pale imitation of a man you
are. Now where's my two dollars?

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Aug 31, 2006, 6:01:43 AM8/31/06
panam...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > panam...@hotmail.com wrote:

Your parents whom you are still living with have your lunch money :-)

May GOD continue to heal your heart, dear neighbor Floyd whom I love
unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/d3b7b57d0fbf89ed?

The discerning heart and the Holy Bible:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/3fa4ecde07979a5a?

The spiritually blind and the Holy Bible:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/213405b65c04ea11?