Very colourful commentary at BBC.com

linus

Dec 20, 2007, 9:18:43 AM12/20/07
I don't know who is doing the BBC's over-by-over web commentary on T3,
but some of the stuff reads like straight off a Monty Python skitt.
Here are some samples.

------------------

0627: WICKET: Pietersen c P Jayawardene b Malinga 1, Eng 22-4

The thing I like about watching England is that, just when you think
it can't get any worse, it does. Malinga produces a ball so brutal
it's probably banned under the Geneva Convention, almost decapitating
the leaping KP and instead biting the glove before smacking into the
stumper's palms. No blame to the batsman there - that would have
dismissed the love-child of WG Grace and Don Bradman.

0632: Eng 24-4 - LUNCH
If I had a graphic of a white flag, I'd run it up this commentary's
flag-pole without furthur ado. Amusingly, Ravi Bopara and Paul
Collingwood punch gloves as they walk off for lunch. What would they
do if England were actually in a half-decent position - lie down and
get busy in the middle of the pitch?

0806: Eng 61-6
Siders gropes at Murali's teasers like a defrocked vicar on the
sherry. Dark clouds gathering, both metaphorical and meterological.

Macjoubert

Dec 20, 2007, 10:40:09 AM12/20/07

England should just stop playing cricket for awhile.
It doesnt seem that they are even interested in playing anymore.

I feel for the fans (if there any left) , what does losing perpetually
do to the body and mind.
Suck at cricket suck at football, suck at tennis, table
tennis,badminton,weather sucks,suck economically,suck politically.
But for language, culture,history and tradition which more than makes
up for whats lacking there isnt much left.
Lucky we left 150 years ago.

Rats

Dec 20, 2007, 12:42:50 PM12/20/07
On Dec 21, 3:18 am, linus <lavinia...@rogers.com> wrote:
> I don't know who is doing the BBC's over-by-over web commentary on T3,
> but some of the stuff reads like straight off a Monty Python skitt.
> Here are some samples.

Murali chucks!

Juan Kerr

Dec 20, 2007, 1:34:00 PM12/20/07

I liked

"1145: WICKET: Panesar run out 0, Eng 81 all out

What the... calamity upon fresh calamity, and I can't believe what
I've just seen. Harmison calls for a crazy run, Monty skips through in
a day-dream and stumper Jaya throws down the stumps after an equally
rubbish throw. You know, I think that could be the worst batting
performance I've ever seen from England. People around me are actually
laughing. That was so bad I might call for my own sacking."

David Lloyd even laughed out loud and used the word "comical" several
times.

You know even Holmans' patriotism isn't enough when people start
laughing at you...........

alvey

Dec 20, 2007, 2:57:54 PM12/20/07
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:18:43 -0800 (PST), linus wrote:

Crikey! Sign 'em up for a TV gig immediately! Fox & Nein have a busy
schedule ahead and about 10 spots available.

alvey

Yorker

Dec 20, 2007, 4:12:20 PM12/20/07

"Macjoubert" <macjo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Can you please enlighten me what those superior culture, history and
tradition of England are ?

Thanks in advance.

raghu.sa...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2007, 4:48:13 PM12/20/07

I have always wondered how the British pound has managed to stay
strong as a currency..

Raghu

Yorker

Dec 20, 2007, 4:53:06 PM12/20/07

"Macjoubert" <macjo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Macjoubert,

USA is not good at soccer, table tennis, badminton either.

Weather sucks in many parts of USA and supreme court didnt
elect/select british prime minister like in USA.

As Raghu pointed out, Pound is stronger than US dollar too.

I am still waiting for you to post "one" reasonable comment.

Macjoubert

Dec 21, 2007, 9:49:12 AM12/21/07

"Yorker" <Yor...@Yorker.com> wrote in message news:fkelrr$or6$1...@aioe.org...

Eyy you cannot talk reason to a Moron, or Cricketleague, or David Singh or
Yorker or whatever other idiotic aliases you have.
Arent you contributing to a forum in "ENGLIGH" you son of a bitch?Enough
said.

Now mind your business , dont poke your big nose in something that you dont
understand.
Motherfucker.

Macjoubert

Dec 21, 2007, 9:55:59 AM12/21/07

"Yorker" <Yor...@Yorker.com> wrote in message news:fkeo82$vu5$1...@aioe.org...

First off you moron, we are talking about England and cricket NOT the USA
and whatnot.

The USA reached the football semi final in 2002.
Weather sucks ehh? thats why droves of people make their homes in every nook
and corner of the USA.
Why didnt the French or Brits ask Asia to help them when Hitler was pissing
through the French countryside.

Yorker aka Cricketleague aka David Singh, stick to the elementary you might
just pass off as an imbecile.

Fish Womper

Dec 21, 2007, 10:32:58 AM12/21/07
<lavin...@rogers.com> wrote:

>I don't know who is doing the BBC's over-by-over web commentary on T3,
>but some of the stuff reads like straight off a Monty Python skitt.
>Here are some samples.
>
>------------------
>
>0627: WICKET: Pietersen c P Jayawardene b Malinga 1, Eng 22-4
>
>The thing I like about watching England is that, just when you think
>it can't get any worse, it does. Malinga produces a ball so brutal
>it's probably banned under the Geneva Convention, almost decapitating
>the leaping KP and instead biting the glove before smacking into the
>stumper's palms. No blame to the batsman there - that would have
>dismissed the love-child of WG Grace and Don Bradman.

The Brits have a lot of trouble coming to grips with the fact that
their Great White Hope can fail through any inadequacy on his own
part, so the suggestion here is that the pitch had something to do
with it. Only trouble is that Sri Lanka had just batted for almost 150
overs scoring 8-499 dec on the same track.

fish

Yorker

Dec 21, 2007, 1:14:33 PM12/21/07

"Macjoubert" <macjo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

low iq idiot MacJoubert,

You are the dumbass who started discussing about weather, badminton,
football,
tennis, economically, politically etc.

Will you ever succeed getting your head out of your stinky disease infested
ass ?

> The USA reached the football semi final in 2002.

Once in how many years ?

So ?

England lost to Argentina in the semis or finals in that famous Diego
Maradona's
controversial goal.

> Weather sucks ehh? thats why droves of people make their homes in every
> nook and corner of the USA.

Low iq dumbcunt.......people make their homjes in every nook and corner of
England
too....

Can you ever come up with something "remotely" intelligent ?

> Why didnt the French or Brits ask Asia to help them when Hitler was
> pissing through the French countryside.

May be because Asians are not Caucasians or may be since Japan was aligned
with Hitler.

You just complained you are talking about cricket and NOT politics and then
this
comment from you. Hypocritic dumb mofo moron.

> Yorker aka Cricketleague aka David Singh, stick to the elementary you
> might just pass off as an imbecile.

You must be one of those undercover FBI and NSA psychopaths and racists that
got their dicks
chopped by "Husband of All FBI n NSA agents".

I have only one identity. I am Yorker and nobody else though I wish I am as
knowledgeable
and as ugly as David Singh. :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/748ab1932e1bd8d1

Dont make me die waiting for you to post just "one" remotely intelligent
comment. LoL....

Luke Curtis

Dec 21, 2007, 3:23:15 PM12/21/07

In the last 3 years we have won series against SA away, Bangladesh,
Australia, Pakistan and West Indies at home.

We have also drawn away in India and at home against Sri Lanka.

Not a hugely bad record.
-

Got unwanted CDs, DVDs & Games?
www.swapshop.co.uk/default.aspx?referrerid=b788c9b0-70e7-4192-91cc-d549e513f0bf

--
ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity
systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned!

Juan Kerr

Dec 21, 2007, 3:54:03 PM12/21/07
On Dec 21, 8:23 pm, Luke Curtis <l...@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote:

> In the last 3 years we have won series against SA away, Bangladesh,
> Australia, Pakistan and West Indies at home.
>
> We have also drawn away in India and at home against Sri Lanka.

"we" being?

Or is this the Royal "we"?

BTW, you aren't the same Luke Curtis who keeps posting to
rec.arts.drwho ?

Nuff said methinks.........

Yorker

Dec 21, 2007, 4:07:47 PM12/21/07

"Macjoubert" <macjo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ok racist dumbass Macjoubert,

Enlighten me what those superior culture, history and tradition of USA are ?

Donating small pox blankets to the native americans ?
Consigning the natives to reservations
Occupying the natives' lands and looting their natural resources and wealth
?
Enslaving African Americans
Treating African American human beings like animals ?
Discriminating against colored people ?
Murdering African Americans for having inferior black skin ?
Restricting immigration to only Caucasians ?

> Now mind your business , dont poke your big nose in something that you
> dont understand.
> Motherfucker.

I understand one thing perfectly. Your IQ is in single digits and your head
is always in your ass and you will never succeed in removing it.

Your forgot the word "little" this time. I love it.

Yorker

Dec 21, 2007, 4:24:01 PM12/21/07

"Macjoubert" <macjo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Moron Macjoubert,

I know how to spell "racism" and "identities" unlike your type with
superior skin from a superior country with superior language, culture,
tradition and history......Roflmao.....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/f2b08aa6e8f2fc70

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/9cd075ce753a72c8

> Now mind your business , dont poke your big nose in something that you
> dont understand.
> Motherfucker.

I think you misuderstood me. I am NOT CricketLeague or ugly David Singh.

You are mistakenly abusing me for the treatment you got from this
"Husband of ALL FBI n NSA agents"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/748ab1932e1bd8d1

How many times have your mom and dad visited Kenya to have sex with
young black men and 12-18 yr old girls and boys respectively ?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/c13acbcb5ab93614

Yorker

Macjoubert

Dec 21, 2007, 6:05:22 PM12/21/07

<<<flushing Yorker and his merry turds down the drain>>> say hello to
something called water. You'll die a slow disolving death .

Yorker

Dec 21, 2007, 6:22:32 PM12/21/07

> <<<flushing Yorker and his merry turds down the drain>>> say hello to
> something called water. You'll die a slow disolving death .

MacJoubert,

You didnt respond here yet.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/msg/21f9e250846831ca

Luke Curtis

Dec 23, 2007, 7:01:13 AM12/23/07
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:54:03 -0800 (PST), Juan Kerr
<juan...@bluebottle.com> wrote:

>On Dec 21, 8:23 pm, Luke Curtis <l...@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote:
>>
>> In the last 3 years we have won series against SA away, Bangladesh,
>> Australia, Pakistan and West Indies at home.
>>
>> We have also drawn away in India and at home against Sri Lanka.
>>

>BTW, you aren't the same Luke Curtis who keeps posting to
>rec.arts.drwho ?

yes, your point is?

Juan Kerr

Dec 23, 2007, 1:23:24 PM12/23/07
On Dec 23, 12:01 pm, Luke Curtis <l...@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote:

> >> We have also drawn away in India and at home against Sri Lanka.
>
> >BTW, you aren't the same Luke Curtis who keeps posting to
> >rec.arts.drwho ?
>
> yes, your point is?
> -

well, we'll move onto Dr Who <chortle> a little later..........but who
is, or are, "we"?

Usenet is an international forum for the exchange of views, so the use
of "we" is a little presumptious, almost arrogant.

Ah.........the penny's dropped.............you're English aren't you?

Message has been deleted