Rasicm

will_s

Oct 16, 2007, 2:40:20 AM10/16/07
Why is it that the monkey taunts against Symonds considered racist ?

Well the thing is they targeted the only "black" player in the Australian
camp and this has led to the claim that it was a racist gesture.

Now I dont believe it was meant as a racist attack but just meant as an
attack to show their displeasure at a player and to ridicule him . I think
political correctness it a a pain in the arse .

Now when India and Sri Lanka tour I just hope their supporters dont take
offence with the Australian crowds reactions.

dechucka

Oct 16, 2007, 3:41:14 AM10/16/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

They will, will

xs...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2007, 3:55:47 AM10/16/07

What exactly are monkey noises? The monkeys I have come across
make snarling noises, which are undistinguishable from other animals.

I have begun to suspect this is some fiction invented by the
Australians.

d.ram...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2007, 4:05:26 AM10/16/07

In my part of the world, received opinion is a lot more prevalent than
artificial political correctness although the latter when endemic can
also be perceived as the former.

If racism does exist in Aus, you should be booing/heckling every
colored foreigner who plays on your shores. If that's not happening,
no matter what people say, it isn't racism. Laughing at someone
bodacious, if that's what you do, is or should be perfectly ok.

Just my 0.02,

Ramapriya

nite...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2007, 4:33:54 AM10/16/07

what a stupid argument. how does complaining about racism in one
country...imply that it NEVER happens in that persons own country!!!
does that symonds and any aussie posters have no right to complain now
becuase this has happened in australia???

will_s

Oct 16, 2007, 4:55:48 AM10/16/07

<nite...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The only thing stupid is me for replying to your crap

will_s

Oct 16, 2007, 4:56:15 AM10/16/07

<xs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

* yawn *

Kunal

Oct 16, 2007, 10:44:45 AM10/16/07

<nite...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Very very much intelligent comment.

Kunal

Oct 16, 2007, 10:51:38 AM10/16/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Very very very cunning pre-emptying australian racism with one non racist
monkey noises in India.I will take offense (he he he my english spelling is
very much better than yours native english speakers) when racist australians
very much abuse Indians and srilankans.

SultanOfSwing

Oct 17, 2007, 1:16:48 AM10/17/07

Does this imply that there may be racist taunts directed at
Indian and Sri Lankan players and supporters during the
forthcoming Indian and Sri Lankan tours of Australia? If so,
that's rather stupid, since poor crowd reactions in India
(that too, only from a section of the crowd in Vadodara)
doesn't mean that Indian players should put up with any
sort of racist taunts in Australia.

will_s

Oct 17, 2007, 1:40:51 AM10/17/07

"SultanOfSwing" <asla...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message

So Indian players shouldnt have to put up with any sort of racist taunts but
its ok for Australian players to suffer ?

And yes, without a doubt their will be some drunken idiot who hurls racist
abuse at the Indians but the main difference will be that security will be
pretty quick to grab and eject him from the ground

dechucka

Oct 17, 2007, 2:25:32 AM10/17/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

come on Will to be fair there were no monkey sounds or racist taunt
according to the head of the Indian board. A case for demoting of some
journalist who tell the truth IMHO

SultanOfSwing

Oct 17, 2007, 3:14:54 AM10/17/07
On Oct 17, 10:40 am, "will_s" <willsjunkrem...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "SultanOfSwing" <aslazr...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message

> > On Oct 16, 11:40 am, "will_s" <willsjunkrem...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >> Why is it that the monkey taunts against Symonds considered racist ?
>
> >> Well the thing is they targeted the only "black" player in the Australian
> >> camp and this has led to the claim that it was a racist gesture.
>
> >> Now I dont believe it was meant as a racist attack but just meant as an
> >> attack to show their displeasure at a player and to ridicule him . I
> >> think
> >> political correctness it a a pain in the arse .
>
> >> Now when India and Sri Lanka tour I just hope their supporters dont take
> >> offence with the Australian crowds reactions.
>
> > Does this imply that there may be racist taunts directed at
> > Indian and Sri Lankan players and supporters during the
> > forthcoming Indian and Sri Lankan tours of Australia? If so,
> > that's rather stupid, since poor crowd reactions in India
> > (that too, only from a section of the crowd in Vadodara)
> > doesn't mean that Indian players should put up with any
> > sort of racist taunts in Australia.
>
> So Indian players shouldnt have to put up with any sort of racist taunts but
> its ok for Australian players to suffer ?

I never said that it's OK for Australian players to suffer from
racist
abuse in India. IMO, racism should unequivocally condemned
in any sport.

> And yes, without a doubt their will be some drunken idiot who hurls racist
> abuse at the Indians but the main difference will be that security will be
> pretty quick to grab and eject him from the ground

Were the Australian stewards prompt in ejecting those who
chanted "kaffir boet" during South Africa's tour of Australia
in 2005-06? Cricket Australia officially has a "zero-tolerance
policy towards racist abuse, with security staff ordered to
eject any perpetrators from the ground and heavy fines for
racist behaviour." But how successfully has it been
implemented in the past? There will always be skeptics,
and you can count me among them.

Anyways, while the Symonds controversy continues, an
internal report says that racial abuse is prevalent in
Australian cricket. Under the heading 'A Summer of
Discontent', the report says about racism in Australian cricket:

"It is not surprising that Cricket Australia was highly
embarrassed by the racist taunts directed at visiting
cricketers during the 2005-06 international series, which led
to an International Cricket Council (ICC) investigation into the
behaviour of Australian crowds.

"The racist sledging of players by spectators started during
the Perth Test in December 2005, when some South African
players were referred to as 'kaffirs' by a small section of
spectators in the crowd. Similar taunting was also reported by
the South African players in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Members of the Sri Lankan team were subjected to calls of
'black c--' from spectators at the Adelaide Oval during a
One Day International match on Australia Day.

"Players haven't been the only targets. The International Cricket
Council's regional anti-corruption and security chief, John
Rhodes, was punched by a drunken spectator at Melbourne's
Telstra Dome after being identified as South African."

Under another heading 'Deep Concerns Remain', the report says,
"For racism to have infected Australia's national summer pastime
and a sport long regarded as one of the world's most 'civilised'
games is deeply concerning for a country that prides itself on
being fair-minded and multicultural."

It adds: "So too is a recent survey of cricket fans, which
indicates
opinion is divided on the contentious behaviour of Australian
crowds. Many seem to think there is no problem at all. A poll on
cricket website baggygreen.com.au found that 46 per cent of
12,000 respondents believed crowd behaviour had been acceptable
during the 2005-06 summer season."

Then, it quotes Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland as saying,
" I think it's embarrassing for Australian cricket that we are
put in
a position where this review has been implemented."

More in the URL below.
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/229276.html

will_s

Oct 17, 2007, 3:47:32 AM10/17/07

"SultanOfSwing" <asla...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message

A big discussion happened with this. Most Australians wouldnt even know
what "kaffiir boet" meant or that it was a racist taunt. The belief was
that originally it was an ex-pat Sth African who said this and was picked up
in the press and after that a few fools uttered the same comment again. As
far as I know in the last Test nothing happened . And dont worry, security
or police have not the slighest quarm in usihng strong arm tactics in
dealing with troublemakes at the cricket.

And what does the Indian Cricket Board do. They deny it happens ,

And most of the story about Australian racism is just pure and utter
bullshit. I have been going to the MCG Boxing Day Test for the last 10 years
and have not heard one inncident of racist taunts. I have also been to every
ground in Australia for Tests ( excepting Brissie and Darwin ) and have not
heard a racist taunt at these grounds either.

Without a doubt there has been some racist taunts and only a fool would deny
that but the above comments have been really dragged out of proportion.

btw: the term black c**ts is not racist. If we can be called white
whatevers and it happens then you cant have it both ways.

Bring all the shit forwartd that you can but the views of your fellow Indian
posters just show what a racist place India is

Stex

Oct 17, 2007, 4:15:59 AM10/17/07

Which are somewhat like expat Sth Africans. You guys dished it out
last time take your medicine this time. If you forgive this dont
expect any sympathy when the sub contentinental teams travel to Aus.

Whats with you Aussies being level headed and even handed these days
huh?,

Stex

SultanOfSwing

Oct 17, 2007, 5:01:19 AM10/17/07

You're right, it may not have happened when you attended the
Boxing Day Test matches at MCG. But there have been other
incidents in the summer of 2005-06.

INCIDENTS AT GROUNDS IN 2005/06
11-14 Dec: South African players complain of racial abuse during first
Test in Perth
2-6 Jan: Andre Nel complains of racial abuse while fielding in third
Test in Sydney
10 Jan: South Africans again abused during warm-up for one-day game at
the Gabba, Brisbane; one spectator ejected
20 Jan: Spectator at Melbourne's Telstra Dome ejected after reportedly
punching an ICC official and accusing him of being South African
26 Jan: Sri Lankans abused at Adelaide Oval; five spectators ejected

The incidents above are mentioned in the following article.
http://tinyurl.com/ysgjyg

> Without a doubt there has been some racist taunts and only a fool would deny
> that but the above comments have been really dragged out of proportion.
>
> btw: the term black c**ts is not racist. If we can be called white
> whatevers and it happens then you cant have it both ways.

Both terms are offensive all the same.

> Bring all the shit forwartd that you can but the views of your fellow Indian
> posters just show what a racist place India is

The "shit" that you refered to are the contents of an Australian
government-backed report. The report titled "What's the Score?
A survey of cultural diversity and racism in Australian sport"
was released by Australia's Human Rights and Equal
Opportunity Commission (HREOC), not any Indian organization.
Also the views of a few Indian posters (I'm not sure whom you're
referring to) do not represent the views of India; in just the same
way as the views of Darkfalz do not represent the views of most
Australians.

Kunal

Oct 17, 2007, 2:04:30 PM10/17/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

My dear lovely internet friend will_s,

I Sank you very much for teaching me a new word "Rasicm" today. I will
definately ask our english teacher bush why he failed to educate me about
Rasicm in my next english/anglais class.

I thought you are another stupid Indian like me. How Wright I became in your
case.

Hehehehe

will_s

Oct 18, 2007, 1:35:02 AM10/18/07

"SultanOfSwing" <asla...@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message

They would whinge abount anything

> 10 Jan: South Africans again abused during warm-up for one-day game at
> the Gabba, Brisbane; one spectator ejected

They copped heaps of abuse yet I did not hear one.

> 20 Jan: Spectator at Melbourne's Telstra Dome ejected after reportedly
> punching an ICC official and accusing him of being South African

This is bullshit. Police would arrest anyone that did that so it really
makes the majority of your post crap.

> 26 Jan: Sri Lankans abused at Adelaide Oval; five spectators ejected
>
> The incidents above are mentioned in the following article.
> http://tinyurl.com/ysgjyg
>
>> Without a doubt there has been some racist taunts and only a fool would
>> deny
>> that but the above comments have been really dragged out of proportion.
>>
>> btw: the term black c**ts is not racist. If we can be called white
>> whatevers and it happens then you cant have it both ways.
>
> Both terms are offensive all the same.

fuck you are full of it

the word nigger is considered racist but I just heard rap with the word
nigger throughout the song .... and yes it was from an African-american

>> Bring all the shit forwartd that you can but the views of your fellow
>> Indian
>> posters just show what a racist place India is
>
> The "shit" that you refered to are the contents of an Australian
> government-backed report. The report titled "What's the Score?
> A survey of cultural diversity and racism in Australian sport"
> was released by Australia's Human Rights and Equal
> Opportunity Commission (HREOC), not any Indian organization.
> Also the views of a few Indian posters (I'm not sure whom you're
> referring to) do not represent the views of India; in just the same
> way as the views of Darkfalz do not represent the views of most
> Australians.

Surveys are not worth the paper they are printed on

And if you want the facts...it was DL who used the term "black cunt"

will_s

Oct 18, 2007, 1:35:56 AM10/18/07

"Kunal" <Kunal9...@volcanomail.com> wrote in message

> "will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Why is it that the monkey taunts against Symonds considered racist ?
>>
>> Well the thing is they targeted the only "black" player in the Australian
>> camp and this has led to the claim that it was a racist gesture.
>>
>> Now I dont believe it was meant as a racist attack but just meant as an
>> attack to show their displeasure at a player and to ridicule him . I
>> think political correctness it a a pain in the arse .
>>
>> Now when India and Sri Lanka tour I just hope their supporters dont take
>> offence with the Australian crowds reactions.
>>

> My dear lovely internet friend will_s,

sorry but that all I read

now go fuck yourself

will_s

Oct 18, 2007, 1:37:44 AM10/18/07

"Stex" <stex...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Its hilarious , thats why. I have never laughed so much since hearing about
this.

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 2:07:17 AM10/18/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

How can then you go fuck yourself

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 2:08:18 AM10/18/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Blacks can use nigger to call themselves but whites using nigger is racist.

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 2:59:39 AM10/18/07
snip

> Blacks can use nigger to call themselves but whites using nigger is
> racist.

really are you sur e?

snip

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 3:01:27 AM10/18/07

snip

> How can then you go fuck yourself

as the expert give diagrams, my dick is long enough

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 3:14:38 AM10/18/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

> snip
>
>> How can then you go fuck yourself
>
> as the expert give diagrams, my dick is long enough

Long enough to fuck an ant.

Very much good for you.

will_s

Oct 18, 2007, 7:00:49 AM10/18/07

"Kunal" <Kunal9...@volcanomail.com> wrote in message

cut if off first and then.........

kenh...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 8:56:59 AM10/18/07

Which of course was pure speculation and was never backed up by any
facts whatsoever.
Which didn't stop it being repeated ad nauseum on rsc by Australians
like yourself who quoted it as fact.

What is a fact is that Perth, where the original incident occured,
has a large SA expat population.
I'd be more than surprised if no Australian cricket fan living in
Perth had ever heard the term.
And given that Bryce Courtney (an expat SA author) has had several
books at the top of the best seller lists in Australia and used the
term in his works frequently, it's even more unlikely.

I've never been to SA, yet I had heard the term before that match.
And I knew it was offensive.

Keep peddling your feeble excuses if you want, Will, but this outrage
at Indian racism is quite ironic when coming from the keyboards of
those who excused/defended Australian racism

Higgs

WorldChief

Oct 18, 2007, 3:26:33 PM10/18/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Why is it that the monkey taunts against Symonds considered racist ?
>
> Well the thing is they targeted the only "black" player in the Australian
> camp and this has led to the claim that it was a racist gesture.
>
> Now I dont believe it was meant as a racist attack but just meant as an
> attack to show their displeasure at a player and to ridicule him . I
> think political correctness it a a pain in the arse .
>
> Now when India and Sri Lanka tour I just hope their supporters dont take
> offence with the Australian crowds reactions.

Compare making monkey noises with this incident.

http://www.aaregistry.com/african_american_history/925/Black_man_dragged_to_death_in_Jasper_TX

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 6:46:02 PM10/18/07

<kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

as a supporter of racist attacks on Australian you lack credibility\

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 8:30:31 PM10/18/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

You donno that ? Aint surprising to me. Please praize me for bein a smart
ass he he he he he please do not abuze me for my very much poor english
langage skills and kills. lol

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 8:31:54 PM10/18/07

"will_s" <willsju...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Your wife cut it off so then you can fuck yourself. Your wife is very
intellizent women. Please do not abuze me wiht my poor spelings and very
much poor english langauge skills and kills. he he he he he

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 9:00:05 PM10/18/07

"Kunal" <Kunal9...@volcanomail.com> wrote in message

?

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 9:42:21 PM10/18/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

?

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 10:34:30 PM10/18/07

"Kunal" <Kunal9...@volcanomail.com> wrote in message

wtf ru going on about

Kunal

Oct 18, 2007, 10:49:54 PM10/18/07

"dechucka" <dech...@vomithotmail.com> wrote in message

What is wtf ru. I dont live in Russia. May be you live in wtf ru country.
Good for you dechuka. What is dechuka mean in your country wtf ru !! What
language is dechuka !! Sounds like a very cute and sexy female name.

dechucka

Oct 18, 2007, 10:59:21 PM10/18/07
> What is wtf ru. I dont live in Russia. May be you live in wtf ru country.
> Good for you dechuka. What is dechuka mean in your country wtf ru !! What
> language is dechuka !! Sounds like a very cute and sexy female name.

Russia is nice. You make Huggies look intelligent

SultanOfSwing

Oct 19, 2007, 1:17:23 AM10/19/07

The above incident is also mentioned in an Indian Express article.

"The International Cricket Council's regional anti-corruption and
security chief, John Rhodes, was punched by a drunken spectator
at Melbourne's Telstra Dome after being identified as South
African."

All the incidents that I have mentioned were cited in an article
on BBC Sport website. Are you suggesting that BBC Sport hosts
articles that contain "bullshit" and "crap"?

> > 26 Jan: Sri Lankans abused at Adelaide Oval; five spectators ejected
>
> > The incidents above are mentioned in the following article.
> > http://tinyurl.com/ysgjyg
>
> >> Without a doubt there has been some racist taunts and only a fool would
> >> deny
> >> that but the above comments have been really dragged out of proportion.
>
> >> btw: the term black c**ts is not racist. If we can be called white
> >> whatevers and it happens then you cant have it both ways.
>
> > Both terms are offensive all the same.
>
> fuck you are full of it
>
> the word nigger is considered racist but I just heard rap with the word
> nigger throughout the song .... and yes it was from an African-american

African-American rappers frequently use the word "nigger"
in their songs as a term of endearment for fellow
Afro-Americans. However, the default usage of the term
is considered racist.

> >> Bring all the shit forwartd that you can but the views of your fellow
> >> Indian
> >> posters just show what a racist place India is
>
> > The "shit" that you refered to are the contents of an Australian
> > government-backed report. The report titled "What's the Score?
> > A survey of cultural diversity and racism in Australian sport"
> > was released by Australia's Human Rights and Equal
> > Opportunity Commission (HREOC), not any Indian organization.
> > Also the views of a few Indian posters (I'm not sure whom you're
> > referring to) do not represent the views of India; in just the same
> > way as the views of Darkfalz do not represent the views of most
> > Australians.
>
> Surveys are not worth the paper they are printed on
>
> And if you want the facts...it was DL who used the term "black cunt"

It is a well-known fact that Darren Lehmann used that term
against the visiting Sri Lankans.

Spaceman Spiff

Oct 19, 2007, 1:06:17 PM10/19/07
SultanOfSwing <asla...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
[snip]

> African-American rappers frequently use the word "nigger"
> in their songs as a term of endearment for fellow
> Afro-Americans. However, the default usage of the term
> is considered racist.

[snip]

more than endearment, it is a way to disempower the word and to make it lose
its sting.

--
stay cool,
Spaceman Spiff

get your own damn grateful dead lyrics.
http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/

Wog George

Oct 19, 2007, 1:30:36 PM10/19/07

"Spaceman Spiff" <spacema...@nospammail.com> wrote in message

> SultanOfSwing <asla...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> African-American rappers frequently use the word "nigger"
>> in their songs as a term of endearment for fellow
>> Afro-Americans. However, the default usage of the term
>> is considered racist.
>>
> [snip]
>
> more than endearment, it is a way to disempower the word and to make it
> lose its sting.

Indeed. I couldn't agree more.

While it's a completely different tack, I remember "Eeny Meeny Miny Mo,
catch a nigger by his toe" when I was a kid in Australia (obviously the
phrase was an Americanism), but I never associated the word "nigger" with
anything at all. I didn't even know what it meant. On reflection, it's
horrendous! Even the Aboriginal kids that I grew up with would recite the
rhyme when deciding who would go first at something, blissfully unaware of
the racist overtones.

On the other side of the coin, I remember an episode of The Professionals
where some ruffian said "Do you want to mix it with me, nigger?", to which
the very well dressed black guy simply responded "A corruption of negro, and
I'm certainly that!". The white guy didn't have a leg to stand on after
that comeback.

--
George
"If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat and this fake