POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced

1 view

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 12:10:48 AM5/15/09
POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced

firsthand.

seriously.

-$Zero...

POLL -- best effect your words ever had
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a

Piet de Arcilla

May 15, 2009, 12:54:32 AM5/15/09
On May 15, 12:10 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> firsthand.
>
> seriously.

I missed out on my 20s.

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 4:06:18 AM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> firsthand.
>
> seriously.

I can't stand the word "unfair." When I hear myself saying it I know
something's really off. "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
when doling out portions of pie evenly. (Can a person dole out
portions?)

--
It's All About We! (the column)
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://serenebabe.blogspot.com/

Mark

May 15, 2009, 7:28:56 AM5/15/09
On May 15, 12:10 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd have to say having my first born kidnapped
by her mother, and dragged all over America
living like gypsies until she was 18. Then when
I finally found her, she had some convoluted
notion as to who I am. Her value system is so
screwed up, we cannot communicate.

---
mark

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 11:26:57 AM5/15/09
On May 15, 4:06 am, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> > firsthand.
>
> > seriously.
>
> I can't stand the word "unfair."

hey, c'mon.

you get the gist, i'm sure.

so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.

try coercive injustice, for instance.

> When I hear myself saying it I know something's really off.

why?

> "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
> when doling out portions of pie evenly.

does it?

but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
written about that.

assuming that's what you feel is among the "worst coercive injustice"
or "unfairness" you've ever experienced.

firsthand.

is it?

> (Can a person dole out portions?)

is that an actual question?

-$Zero...

are you having a bad week or something, retirement fund boy?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/465d811c1aa67073

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 4:19:56 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 11:26 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 15, 4:06 am, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > > POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> > > firsthand.
>
> > > seriously.
>
> > I can't stand the word "unfair."
>
> hey, c'mon.
>
> you get the gist, i'm sure.
>
> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
>
> try coercive injustice, for instance.

or if that's too many syllables for you, answer this question:

what's the worst you've ever been wronged?

> > When I hear myself saying it I know something's really off.
>
> why?
>
> > "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
> > when doling out portions of pie evenly.
>
> does it?
>
> but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
> your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
> written about that.
>
> assuming that's what you feel is among the "worst coercive injustice"
> or "unfairness" you've ever experienced.
>
> firsthand.
>
> is it?
>
> > (Can a person dole out portions?)
>
> is that an actual question?
>
> -$Zero...
>
> are you having a bad week or something, retirement fund boy?
>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/465d811c1aa67073

-$Zero...

logic, reason, intuition, faith, and the laws of probability.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/cbbc47fbcda3699f

Alan Hope

May 15, 2009, 4:51:46 PM5/15/09
$Zero goes:

>POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced

Waah, it's all so unfair, I'm a creative genius but I'm living in a
hovel and sleeping under a coat! Waah! Why won't the world recognise
me? Why do I have to suffer? Why do the haters sabotage me? Waah!

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 6:12:14 PM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 16:51:46 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet....@gmail.com> said:

> $Zero goes:
>
>> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> Waah, it's all so unfair, I'm a creative genius but I'm living in a
> hovel and sleeping under a coat! Waah! Why won't the world recognise
> me? Why do I have to suffer? Why do the haters sabotage me? Waah!

My point said in a very different way.

--
It's All About We! (the column)
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://micro.serenebabe.net/

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 6:20:42 PM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 11:26:57 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> On May 15, 4:06�am, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
>>
>>> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>>
>>> firsthand.
>>
>>> seriously.
>>
>> I can't stand the word "unfair."
>
> hey, c'mon.
>
> you get the gist, i'm sure.

No, really. That word choice put up a big wall for me. It calls to mind
pity, and self-pity at that. My least favorite of all
expressions/emotions.

> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
>
> try coercive injustice, for instance.

Coercive injustice? I don't know what you mean by that.

>> When I hear myself saying it I know something's really off.
>
> why?

Self-pity = "UNFAIR" and if I'm feeling self-pity it means I've lost
perspective. Self-pity/UNFAIR comes from a place of powerlessness.
Feeling sorry for myself happens when I'm a passive participant and
things happen *to* me. It's never the case. I always play a part.

>> "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
>> when doling out portions of pie evenly.
>
> does it?
>
> but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
> your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
> written about that.

It's a childish concept.

<...>

Pretty effin good for only my left hand!!!

--
It's All About We! (the column)
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://micro.serenebabe.net/

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 6:24:25 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 6:12 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 16:51:46 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > $Zero goes:
>
> >> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> > Waah, it's all so unfair, I'm a creative genius but I'm living in a
> > hovel and sleeping under a coat! Waah! Why won't the world recognise
> > me? Why do I have to suffer? Why do the haters sabotage me? Waah!
>
> My point said in a very different way.

um... you couldn't make a point, remember?

being what a spoiled rotten airhead you are, it's quite beyond your
skillset.

Alan has different issues, but it boils down to much the same thing:

the total inability to articulate the truth about being wronged.

glad i could clear that up for you.

-$Zero...

anytime anyone ever did this: reject the brainwash
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/a2374279a1df09c6

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 6:24:47 PM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 16:19:56 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> On May 15, 11:26�am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I can't stand the word "unfair."
>>
>> hey, c'mon.
>>
>> you get the gist, i'm sure.
>>
>> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
>>
>> try coercive injustice, for instance.
>
> or if that's too many syllables for you, answer this question:
>
> what's the worst you've ever been wronged?

Again, too passive. I won't discuss childhood stuff here which is the
only arena where I'd say I've ever "been wronged" (before I had the
capacity to play a responsible part).

--
It's All About We! (the column)
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://micro.serenebabe.net/

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 6:32:26 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 6:24 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 16:19:56 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:

> >> hey, c'mon.
>
> >> you get the gist, i'm sure.
>
> >> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
>
> >> try coercive injustice, for instance.
>
> > or if that's too many syllables for you, answer this question:
>
> >   what's the worst you've ever been wronged?
>
> Again, too passive. I won't discuss childhood stuff here which is the
> only arena where I'd say I've ever "been wronged"

little Jimmy stole your Barbie, no doubt.

> (before I had the capacity to play a responsible part).

then you've never been wronged as an adult.

why am i not surprised?

yikes.

what an airhead.

-$Zero...

um... you couldn't make a point, remember?
being what a spoiled rotten airhead you are,
it's quite beyond your skillset.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/5bab215f92699bb2

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 6:46:27 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 6:20 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 11:26:57 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:

> >> I can't stand the word "unfair."
>
> > hey, c'mon.
>
> > you get the gist, i'm sure.
>
> No, really. That word choice put up a big wall for me.

oh my.

how did you ever psyche yourself up to respond at all with such a big
obstacle to overcome?

you deserve a Pulitzer, surely.

> It calls to mind pity, and self-pity at that.

so people who've been seriously wronged are just suffering from self-
pity.

huh.

are you sure you didn't vote for Bush/Cheney?

> My least favorite of all expressions/emotions.

no doubt.

> > so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
>
> > try coercive injustice, for instance.
>
> Coercive injustice? I don't know what you mean by that.

of course you don't.

you're spoiled rotten.

> >> When I hear myself saying it I know something's really off.
>
> > why?
>
> Self-pity = "UNFAIR" and if I'm feeling self-pity it means I've lost
> perspective.

i don't doubt that at all.

> Self-pity/UNFAIR comes from a place of powerlessness.

really?

> Feeling sorry for myself happens when I'm a passive participant and
> things happen *to* me. It's never the case. I always play a part.

yeah.

right.

brainwash girl always plays a part.

uh huh.

keep telling yourself that.

> >> "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
> >> when doling out portions of pie evenly.
>
> > does it?
>
> > but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
> > your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
> > written about that.
>
> It's a childish concept.

well, being as you've never gotten past childish concepts...

> <...>
>
> Pretty effin good for only my left hand!!!

yet another major accomplishment for you.

time for a party to celebrate!

-$Zero...

then you've never been wronged as an adult.
why am i not surprised? yikes. what an airhead.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/64e7bfe6a721e8c8

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 7:21:45 PM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 18:32:26 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> On May 15, 6:24�pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> or if that's too many syllables for you, answer this question:
>>
>>> � what's the worst you've ever been wronged?
>>
>> Again, too passive. I won't discuss childhood stuff here which is the
>> only arena where I'd say I've ever "been wronged"
>
> little Jimmy stole your Barbie, no doubt.
>
>> (before I had the capacity to play a responsible part).
>
> then you've never been wronged as an adult.
>
> why am i not surprised?
>
> yikes.
>
> what an airhead.

Huh?

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 7:24:48 PM5/15/09

It is. I'm frequently nursing while typing these days and it's very
rare I get more than a sentence or two done with just the one hand I
have available. This one I not only typed more than one sentence, I
snipped and everything. Wowsa to me. :-)

> -$Zero...
>
> then you've never been wronged as an adult.
> why am i not surprised? yikes. what an airhead.
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/64e7bfe6a721e8c8

Do you need a hug or something? Why the crabbiness? Here I am
responding to your thread starter, trying to get a conversation
going... Pretty strange choice, Zero. Want to try again? I'd read
another reply if you wrote one.

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 7:34:00 PM5/15/09
On 2009-05-15 18:24:25 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> On May 15, 6:12�pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2009-05-15 16:51:46 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> said:
>>
>>> $Zero goes:

>>> Waah, it's all so unfair, I'm a creative genius but I'm living in a
>>> hovel and sleeping under a coat! Waah! Why won't the world recognise
>>> me? Why do I have to suffer? Why do the haters sabotage me? Waah!
>>
>> My point said in a very different way.
>
> um... you couldn't make a point, remember?
>
> being what a spoiled rotten airhead you are, it's quite beyond your
> skillset.

Oh, Zero. What are you doing?

> Alan has different issues, but it boils down to much the same thing:
>
> the total inability to articulate the truth about being wronged.
>
> glad i could clear that up for you.

Bad things have happened in my life. Being "wronged" or having things
happen that are "unfair" is not a way I'd ever describe it. I don't
think you're hearing what I've written. I think if you rephrased the
question I might have a different answer for you. Let me try to ask it
in a different way and you tell me if this is what you're looking for.

What was the worst/hardest/most awful thing you ever experienced?

If I was asking I'd also follow up with a few more questions looking
for specifics.

And, reading my rephrased question, if it's what you were getting at, I
still think it's weak. From all the "memes" I've been doing over the
months I realized how much I can't stand the "most" or "best" or
anything "st" questions. So, let me ask a different question (and maybe
you'll answer it?):

Tell me about something terrible you've experienced. What happened?
Where? When? Who was involved? How did you feel about it then and how
do you feel about it now?

How's that?

Maybe someone in the newsgroup might want to answer, too. Though,
honestly, I don't think this is the place for this kind of question. I
suppose it could be, though.

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 7:45:15 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 7:24 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

sounds like you need a decent chair.

> This one I not only typed more than one sentence, I
> snipped and everything. Wowsa to me. :-)

party on, Garth.

> > -$Zero...
>
> >   then you've never been wronged as an adult.
> >   why am i not surprised? yikes. what an airhead.
> >   http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/64e7bfe6a721e8c8
>
> Do you need a hug or something?

no. but i can always make good use of a nice BJ.

oh wait, here comes one now:

> Why the crabbiness?

Gawd. how lame.

just get on with the BJ, will 'ya?

> Here I am responding to your thread starter,
> trying to get a conversation going...

translation:

"I'm a spoiled rotten airhead who couldn't answer the question
intelligently."

> Pretty strange choice, Zero.

mocking your lamed out childish response?

it's pretty standard practice around these parts.

welcome to mw.

i believe there's a welcome wagon that makes the rounds for newbies
such as yourself.

maybe you need to reacquaint yourself with the place for tha
gazillionth time.

> Want to try again?

not really.

i think i've made enough points quite well already.

i wouldn't want to overload your poor self.

> I'd read another reply if you wrote one.

oh, lucky moi.

-$Zero...

what's the worst you've ever been wronged?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/e020ee7a3c56988e

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 8:05:49 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 7:34 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 18:24:25 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:

> >> My point said in a very different way.
>
> > um... you couldn't make a point, remember?
>
> > being what a spoiled rotten airhead you are, it's quite beyond your
> > skillset.
>
> Oh, Zero. What are you doing?

my usual.

> > Alan has different issues, but it boils down to much the same thing:
>
> >   the total inability to articulate the truth about being wronged.
>
> > glad i could clear that up for you.
>
> Bad things have happened in my life.

shocking.

> Being "wronged" or having things
> happen that are "unfair" is not a way I'd ever describe it.

not shocking.

> I don't think you're hearing what I've written.

wrong.

but i certainly can't say the same for you.

> I think if you rephrased the
> question I might have a different answer for you.

oh joy.

> Let me try to ask it
> in a different way and you tell me if this is what you're looking for.

zzzzzzz....

> What was the worst/hardest/most awful thing you ever experienced?

no. that's not the question.

that's not at all what i was "looking for".

i was looking for the worst wrong that someone has experienced.

which qualifies it quite a bit.

"looking for" the overall gist.

details were not important.

> If I was asking I'd also follow up with a few more questions looking
> for specifics.

of course you would.

> And, reading my rephrased question, if it's what you were getting at,

nope.

> I still think it's weak.

weak.

yeah.

> From all the "memes" I've been doing over the
> months I realized how much I can't stand the "most" or "best"
> or anything "st" questions.

it's not an awards show.

those kind of words are used merely to set the tone, to distinguish
the unfairness qualities of one level to another.

and of course, no one is never _obliged_ to offer their "mostests".

one assumes you know that.

this is a writing newsgroup.

> So, let me ask a different question (and maybe
> you'll answer it?):

perhaps.

> Tell me about something terrible you've experienced. What happened?

well, i was poking around google groups and i opened one of your lame
childish posts.

the horror!

> Where? When? Who was involved? How did you feel about it then and how
> do you feel about it now?

same.

> How's that?

party time!

> Maybe someone in the newsgroup might want to answer, too.

you just never know.

> Though,
> honestly, I don't think this is the place for this kind of question.

some writer you are.

> I suppose it could be, though.

what are the odds?

-$Zero...

i think i've made enough points quite well already.
i wouldn't want to overload your poor self.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/454df6c9f7f2f76f

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 8:55:28 PM5/15/09

it's funny, you used to be nice to me. it's fine if you don't want to
be, it's just weird that you've changed your tone. any particular
reason?

nak!

$Zero

May 15, 2009, 9:09:26 PM5/15/09
On May 15, 8:55 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

used to be?

> it's fine if you don't want to
> be, it's just weird that you've changed your tone.

surely you jest.

> any particular reason?

my "tone" changes on a post by post basis.

say something stupid, got mocked.

that's my posting policy.

next time, read the fine print.

> nak!

nak?

what's that?

some sort of one-handed boob-sucking term?

oh wait. i know.

a nak is a dumb fuck who thinks it's clever.

hence the exclamation mark.

round over.

TKO.

-$Zero....

my usual.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/40cc7216d21559b1

serenebabe

May 15, 2009, 9:26:31 PM5/15/09

nursing at keyboard

> what's that?
>
> some sort of one-handed boob-sucking term?
>
> oh wait. i know.
>
> a nak is a dumb fuck who thinks it's clever.
>
> hence the exclamation mark.
>
> round over.
>
> TKO.
>

> -$Zero....
>
> my usual.
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/40cc7216d21559b1

Alan Hope

May 16, 2009, 8:37:41 AM5/16/09
$Zero goes:

>i was looking for the worst wrong that someone has experienced.

But that's not what you asked for. Maybe your inner cry-baby got in
the way. Maybe one of your enemies sabotaged your post. Maybe you
should just try writing accurately for a change.

HTH

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 16, 2009, 11:01:55 AM5/16/09
serenebabe goes:

>On 2009-05-15 11:26:57 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

>>> I can't stand the word "unfair."

>> hey, c'mon.

>> you get the gist, i'm sure.

>No, really. That word choice put up a big wall for me. It calls to mind
>pity, and self-pity at that. My least favorite of all
>expressions/emotions.

That's why Zero chose it. He's all about self-pity, and putting the
blame on someone else. Here's the train of thought: Nobody could be
such a fuck-up all by himself, so other people must be doing it. And
if other people are doing all those terrible things to him, it must be
because he's some kind of threat to them. Therefore, his failures are
proof that he's a creative genius, because why would They go to all
that trouble to stop a no-mark low-life? QED

>> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.

>> try coercive injustice, for instance.

>Coercive injustice? I don't know what you mean by that.

Some writer. "Substitute whatever word you prefer to make my meaning
clear". What a maroon.

>>> When I hear myself saying it I know something's really off.

>> why?

>Self-pity = "UNFAIR" and if I'm feeling self-pity it means I've lost
>perspective. Self-pity/UNFAIR comes from a place of powerlessness.
>Feeling sorry for myself happens when I'm a passive participant and
>things happen *to* me. It's never the case. I always play a part.

Amen.

>>> "Fair?" That seems like something you consider
>>> when doling out portions of pie evenly.

>> does it?
>> but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
>> your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
>> written about that.

>It's a childish concept.

><...>

>Pretty effin good for only my left hand!!!

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 16, 2009, 11:02:20 AM5/16/09
$Zero goes:

>so people who've been seriously wronged are just suffering from self-
>pity.

No, but you are.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 16, 2009, 11:04:36 AM5/16/09
$Zero goes:

>then you've never been wronged as an adult.

Notice how things only ever "happen to" Zero. He has no part in
anything. He's not responsible. Somebody does it "to" him and he just
lies there and takes it.

Some creative genius. Try thinking of any other genius in history, and
use as broad a net as you like, who was so utterly passive and
helpless, to recycle two very apt words used by Heather in this
regard.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 1:20:32 PM5/16/09

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/5ca0ea337badafe5

POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced

firsthand.

seriously.

there's only one way that can reasonably be interpreted.

Heather's a faker.

and so are you.

> Maybe your inner cry-baby got in the way.

you know, Alan, over all the time i've been reading this newsgroup,
i've never come across a bigger two-faced coward than you.

you don't have the balls to stand up for what you supposedly believe,
and actually do something about it. you're not the least bit of
concern to anyone anywhere whom disagrees with your "positions".
you're easily frightened off and jump right in line to kiss the ass of
the first jackboot you can find.

so it's no wonder at all that you call _me_ a cry-baby.

you, "sir", are the biggest coward here.

there's "Ray", sure.

but he's not two-faced.

he never pretends to be a relatively decent and honorable human being.

he just pretends not to be a coward.

not very well, of course. but there it is.

> Maybe one of your enemies sabotaged your post.

well, it would certainly be the very first time that that's ever
happened, surely.

> Maybe you should just try writing accurately for a change.

i wrote just as clearly as i wanted to.

for effect.

> HTH

ditto.

-$Zero...

POLL -- best effect your words ever had.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 1:33:43 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 11:01 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> serenebabe goes:
> >> hey, c'mon.
> >> you get the gist, i'm sure.
> >No, really. That word choice put up a big wall for me. It calls to mind
> >pity, and self-pity at that. My least favorite of all
> >expressions/emotions.
>
> That's why Zero chose it.

i chose it because i was fishing.

> He's all about self-pity, and putting the
> blame on someone else.

LOL

> Here's the train of thought:

heh.

Alan pretends he could possibly ascertain my train of thought.

what a hoot.

let's tune in for the show, shall we?:

> Nobody could be
> such a fuck-up all by himself, so other people must be doing it.

hey lookie here. right on target!

A-

> And
> if other people are doing all those terrible things to him,
> it must be because he's some kind of threat to them.

B+

> Therefore, his failures are proof that he's a creative genius,

D-

> because why would They go to all
> that trouble to stop a no-mark low-life? QED

A+

> >> so substitute whatever word or words you prefer.
> >> try coercive injustice, for instance.
> >Coercive injustice? I don't know what you mean by that.
>
> Some writer. "Substitute whatever word you prefer to make
> my meaning clear".

whooooooosh!

> What a maroon.

A+

> >> why?
> >Self-pity = "UNFAIR" and if I'm feeling self-pity it means I've lost
> >perspective. Self-pity/UNFAIR comes from a place of powerlessness.
> >Feeling sorry for myself happens when I'm a passive participant and
> >things happen *to* me. It's never the case. I always play a part.
>
> Amen.

so how's that haggis essay coming along, atheist-boy?

> >> does it?
> >> but even so, if you didn't get your "fair share" of some pie (based on
> >> your perception of what your fair share should be), you could have
> >> written about that.
> >It's a childish concept.
> ><...>
> >Pretty effin good for only my left hand!!!

-$Zero...

there's only one way that can reasonably be interpreted.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/95d94e8dbe902edc

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 1:38:00 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 11:02 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >so people who've been seriously wronged are just suffering from
> >self-pity.
>
> No, but you are.

oh.

-$Zero...

so how's that haggis essay coming along, atheist-boy?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/e590031708633dc0

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 1:48:10 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 11:04 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >then you've never been wronged as an adult.
>
> Notice how things only ever "happen to" Zero.

things happen to everyone, Alan.

good thing you snipped the context.

duh.

> He has no part in anything.

translation: i'm not a coward like Alan.

> He's not responsible.

i'm not responsible for the acts of other cowards, coward.

> Somebody does it "to" him and he just
> lies there and takes it.

as if.

> Some creative genius.

some critic you are.

you don't even have the guts to acknowledge your own cowardice.

let alone put things into an honest perspective regarding moi.

no surprise.

> Try thinking of any other genius in history,

yeah.

like Galileo, etc.

duh.

> and
> use as broad a net as you like, who was so utterly passive and
> helpless, to recycle two very apt words used by Heather in this
> regard.

what words?

your snipfest has served you well yet again.

anywaysers...

again, Heather is a spoiled brat airhead faker, and you're a coward
faker.

and i'm a creative genius.

deal.

-$Zero...

oh.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/372a16db14f6cafe

serenebabe

May 16, 2009, 1:59:19 PM5/16/09
On 2009-05-16 13:20:32 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> On May 16, 8:37�am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $Zero goes:
>>
>>> i was looking for the worst wrong that someone has experienced.
>>
>> But that's not what you asked for.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/5ca0ea337badafe5
>

> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> firsthand.
>
> seriously.
>
> there's only one way that can reasonably be interpreted.
>
> Heather's a faker.
>
> and so are you.
>

>> Maybe your inner cry-baby got in the way.
>
> you know, Alan, over all the time i've been reading this newsgroup,
> i've never come across a bigger two-faced coward than you.

let me ask with all sincerity, what do you believe are examples of his
cowardice? i mean, you're calling the name, but it's as if you are
directing your words (not even describing) someone else.

no snips so you have your context. :-)

> you don't have the balls to stand up for what you supposedly believe,
> and actually do something about it. you're not the least bit of
> concern to anyone anywhere whom disagrees with your "positions".
> you're easily frightened off and jump right in line to kiss the ass of
> the first jackboot you can find.
>
> so it's no wonder at all that you call _me_ a cry-baby.
>
> you, "sir", are the biggest coward here.
>
> there's "Ray", sure.
>
> but he's not two-faced.
>
> he never pretends to be a relatively decent and honorable human being.
>
> he just pretends not to be a coward.
>
> not very well, of course. but there it is.
>

>> Maybe one of your enemies sabotaged your post.
>
> well, it would certainly be the very first time that that's ever
> happened, surely.
>

>> Maybe you should just try writing accurately for a change.
>
> i wrote just as clearly as i wanted to.
>
> for effect.
>

>> HTH
>
> ditto.
>

> -$Zero...
>
> POLL -- best effect your words ever had.
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a

--
It's All About We! (the column) -- new 5/16 "Doing It in Public"
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://serenebabe.blogspot.com/

serenebabe

May 16, 2009, 2:13:30 PM5/16/09
On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:

> POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> firsthand.
>
> seriously.
>

> -$Zero...
>
> POLL -- best effect your words ever had

> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a

Since I don't care for the word "unfair" in describing my experience,
I'll substitute "thing" there. And, since I don't care for the "st"
(worst/best) questions, I'll add "what is one of the" and change the
"thing" to "things." I'll add a question mark, too.

POLL -- what is one of the worst things you've experienced?

I won't use the car crash as my example because I was mostly
unconscious for that.
http://www.serenebabe.net/2009/02/crash-memories.html

One of the worst things I've experienced is powerlessness. I'm
powerless over most things in life except my own attitude and I usually
know that. I actually find strength in that fact most of the time. But,
at times powerlessness is more painful than a cracked tooth I keep
chewing roasted almonds or hard candies or Slim Jims (you know how that
casing turns into a sort of papery hard gum, that KILLS when it gets
jammed in a cracked tooth) on or something.

When I want so badly for something to go one way and there's nothing I
can do to force it in that direction and I'm faced with the truth that
it's probably better going a different way and then reminded that, oh,
fuck, yeah, I just remembered that things *always* turn out better than
I hope they will if I stop thinking I know how they should turn out.
That process really sucks. Hurts, even.

Something like that for your poll, Zero?

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 2:15:45 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 1:59 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-16 13:20:32 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
> > On May 16, 8:37 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> But that's not what you asked for.
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/5ca0ea337badafe5
>
> >   POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> >   firsthand.
>
> >   seriously.
>
> > there's only one way that can reasonably be interpreted.
>
> > Heather's a faker.
>
> > and so are you.
>
> >> Maybe your inner cry-baby got in the way.
>
> > you know, Alan, over all the time i've been reading this newsgroup,
> > i've never come across a bigger two-faced coward than you.
>
> let me ask with all sincerity, what do you believe are examples of his
> cowardice?

Gawd.

over the course of several months, the dude couldn't even write a
quick paragraph describing the meaning of a poem by one of the most
famous writers of his own homeland (and dialect) about which he was
boasting that he had a way better understanding of it than i, to which
i readily conceded.

anyway, there's a ton of examples i can think of regarding his overall
cowardice, which manifests quite often, but that's the most amusing of
them.

besides, i'm not the least bit interested in tearing down the pansy
coward as he is in sabotaging poor helpless moi.

he knows what a miserable coward he is. i don't have to list all the
numerous examples. i have no vested interest in exposing what a total
quivering wimp he is. he has to live with himself and his ridiculous
fears and that's punishment enough.

but i do have my posting policy, ya know?

say something stupid, you get mocked.

> i mean, you're calling the name, but it's as if you are
> directing your words (not even describing) someone else.

i disagree, obviously.

YMMV.

> no snips so you have your context. :-)

hey, thanks.

> > you don't have the balls to stand up for what you supposedly believe,
> > and actually do something about it. you're not the least bit of
> > concern to anyone anywhere whom disagrees with your "positions".
> > you're easily frightened off and jump right in line to kiss the ass of
> > the first jackboot you can find.
>
> > so it's no wonder at all that you call _me_ a cry-baby.
>
> > you, "sir", are the biggest coward here.
>
> > there's "Ray", sure.
>
> > but he's not two-faced.
>
> > he never pretends to be a relatively decent and honorable human being.
>
> > he just pretends not to be a coward.
>
> > not very well, of course. but there it is.
>
> >> Maybe one of your enemies sabotaged your post.
>
> > well, it would certainly be the very first time that that's ever
> > happened, surely.
>
> >> Maybe you should just try writing accurately for a change.
>
> > i wrote just as clearly as i wanted to.
>
> > for effect.
>
> >> HTH
>
> > ditto.
>
> > -$Zero...
>
> >   POLL -- best effect your words ever had.
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a

-$Zero...

i'm not responsible for the cowardly acts of other cowards, coward.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/e590031708633dc0

serenebabe

May 16, 2009, 2:27:15 PM5/16/09

oh, okay. that kind of thing where you want to talk about something and
he doesn't?

I'll be honest (no faking, I swear), this hasn't been the kind of place
where people really treat each other with respect. So, to me, the idea
of actually discussing the meaning of a poem sounds out of place. BUT,
it sounds interesting. Maybe it'll come back up. :-)

> anyway, there's a ton of examples i can think of regarding his overall
> cowardice, which manifests quite often, but that's the most amusing of
> them.
>
> besides, i'm not the least bit interested in tearing down the pansy
> coward as he is in sabotaging poor helpless moi.
>
> he knows what a miserable coward he is. i don't have to list all the
> numerous examples. i have no vested interest in exposing what a total
> quivering wimp he is. he has to live with himself and his ridiculous
> fears and that's punishment enough.
>
> but i do have my posting policy, ya know?
>
> say something stupid, you get mocked.

what if you changed that policy and instead asked your questions, read
people's answers, responded to those answers when they interested you,
and offered your own answers as well?

I think that could be kind of interesting.

what if when you read something stupid you skipped over it and went to
something you found not stupid?

and, please take this in sincere-not-faking the way I mean it, I don't
think that you mocking Alan's really ever going to go very well for
you. why bother?

>> i mean, you're calling the name, but it's as if you are
>> directing your words (not even describing) someone else.
>
> i disagree, obviously.
>
> YMMV.

what's ymmv?

Ray Haddad

May 16, 2009, 4:17:46 PM5/16/09
On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:20:32 -0700 (PDT), "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>there's "Ray"

No quotes required. Ray is really my name.

And please tell me you don't consider posting your style of post in a
newsgroup to be courage. Heaven help us all.
--
Ray

Ray Haddad

May 16, 2009, 4:21:13 PM5/16/09
On Sat, 16 May 2009 14:27:15 -0400, serenebabe <seren...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>what if you changed that policy and instead asked your questions, read
>people's answers, responded to those answers when they interested you,
>and offered your own answers as well?

You can't be serious, Heather. xero only asks his nonsense questions
so you can provide and answer and then he gets to argue with you. He's
proven time and time again that he really doesn't want anyone else to
express an opinion. He merely wants you to regard him as a modern day
Greek philosopher. Do you consider him one?
--
Ray

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 4:30:57 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 2:27 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

no.

that kind of thing where Alan shows what a fucking coward he is.

that kind of thing.

> I'll be honest (no faking, I swear), this hasn't been the kind of place
> where people really treat each other with respect.

no shit.

but that's not why Alan wouldn't discuss his interpretation of that
poem.

i assure you.

> So, to me, the idea
> of actually discussing the meaning of a poem sounds out of place.

Gawd. how utterly ridiculous.

but amusing.

> BUT, it sounds interesting. Maybe it'll come back up. :-)

yeah.

maybe.

but Alan won't be contributing.

he's too much of a two-faced coward.

> > anyway, there's a ton of examples i can think of regarding his overall
> > cowardice, which manifests quite often, but that's the most amusing of
> > them.
>
> > besides, i'm not the least bit interested in tearing down the pansy
> > coward as he is in sabotaging poor helpless moi.
>
> > he knows what a miserable coward he is. i don't have to list all the
> > numerous examples. i have no vested interest in exposing what a total
> > quivering wimp he is. he has to live with himself and his ridiculous
> > fears and that's punishment enough.
>
> > but i do have my posting policy, ya know?
>
> > say something stupid, you get mocked.
>
> what if you changed that policy and instead asked your questions, read
> people's answers, responded to those answers when they interested you,
> and offered your own answers as well?

that's all part of my policy.

> I think that could be kind of interesting.

yep.

behold.

it always is.

> what if when you read something stupid you skipped over it and
> went to something you found not stupid?

too rare.

> and, please take this in sincere-not-faking the way I mean it, I don't
> think that you mocking Alan's really ever going to go very well for
> you.

bwah!

> why bother?

it's my posting policy.

> >> i mean, you're calling the name, but it's as if you are
> >> directing your words (not even describing) someone else.
>
> > i disagree, obviously.
>
> > YMMV.
>
> what's ymmv?

a very common acronym.

-$Zero...

the art of inkblot prose
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ccbdbe2dada9ffed

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 4:40:43 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 2:13 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-15 00:10:48 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > POLL -- worst unfairness you've experienced
>
> > firsthand.
>
> > seriously.
>
> > -$Zero...
>
> >   POLL -- best effect your words ever had
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ffb71ef7b767e71a
>
> Since I don't care for the word "unfair" in describing my experience,
> I'll substitute "thing" there. And, since I don't care for the "st"
> (worst/best) questions, I'll add "what is one of the" and change the
> "thing" to "things." I'll add a question mark, too.
>
> POLL -- what is one of the worst things you've experienced?
>
> I won't use the car crash as my example because I was mostly
> unconscious for that.http://www.serenebabe.net/2009/02/crash-memories.html

> One of the worst things I've experienced is powerlessness. I'm
> powerless over most things in life except my own attitude and I usually
> know that.

what a sap.

> I actually find strength in that fact most of the time. But,
> at times powerlessness is more painful than a cracked tooth I keep
> chewing roasted almonds or hard candies or Slim Jims (you know how that
> casing turns into a sort of papery hard gum, that KILLS when it gets
> jammed in a cracked tooth) on or something.
>
> When I want so badly for something to go one way and there's nothing I
> can do to force it in that direction and I'm faced with the truth that
> it's probably better going a different way and then reminded that, oh,
> fuck, yeah, I just remembered that things *always* turn out better than
> I hope they will if I stop thinking I know how they should turn out.
> That process really sucks. Hurts, even.
>
> Something like that for your poll, Zero?

no.

too cowardly.

and stupid.

and gullible.

and be sure to kiss the asses of all the laughing jackboots along the
way.

-$Zero...

a very common acronym.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/99a004e6731897a6

serenebabe

May 16, 2009, 5:32:02 PM5/16/09

Well now, that's disappointing.

I guess you only want to listen to yourself.

I tried.

Hope life treats you better than it must be doing now.

$Zero

May 16, 2009, 6:03:22 PM5/16/09
On May 16, 5:32 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

no doubt.

that's what happens when you look for mindless agreement with your own
idiocy.

> I guess you only want to listen to yourself.
>
> I tried.

oh my.

how wonderfully generous of you!

i feel so privileged!

LOL

what a wordsmith i am.

> Hope life treats you better than it must be doing now.

i prefer freedom and truth to slavery and lies any day.

even when it's slightly inconvenient.

YMOV.

flimsy comfortable delusions are no substitute for true dignity.

you'd think someone who's been through the 12-step thinger would have
more wisdom than you.

oh well.

everyone loves a convenient brainwash.

(it's like a shot of whiskey).

-$Zero...

then you've never been wronged as an adult.

gekko

May 16, 2009, 8:13:27 PM5/16/09
In article <guktk0$5ki$1...@news.albasani.net>,

http://www.theslingstation.com/nursing.html

--
gekko
"There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.

serenebabe

May 17, 2009, 12:45:58 AM5/17/09
On 2009-05-16 20:13:27 -0400, gekko <ge...@lutz.kicks-ass.org.INVALID> said:

> In article <guktk0$5ki$1...@news.albasani.net>,
> serenebabe <seren...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It is. I'm frequently nursing while typing these days and it's very
>> rare I get more than a sentence or two done with just the one hand I
>> have available.
>

> http://www.theslingstation.com/nursing.html

slings rule!!!

Alan Hope

May 17, 2009, 9:09:54 AM5/17/09
$Zero goes:

>again, Heather is a spoiled brat airhead faker, and you're a coward
>faker.
>
>and i'm a creative genius.
>
>deal.

We're already dealing, loser. By living well. How's the creative
genius business treating you? Still collecting cans in a shopping
cart?

Oh sorry. I meant to say "negotiating with your investors".

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 17, 2009, 9:11:29 AM5/17/09
$Zero goes:

>you know, Alan, over all the time i've been reading this newsgroup,
>i've never come across a bigger two-faced coward than you.

Well, congratulations. I suspect that may be because people avoid you,
though, so your sample is small.

>you don't have the balls to stand up for what you supposedly believe,
>and actually do something about it. you're not the least bit of
>concern to anyone anywhere whom disagrees with your "positions".
>you're easily frightened off and jump right in line to kiss the ass of
>the first jackboot you can find.

I'll be delighted to see what evidence you now go on to provide for
any of those statements.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 17, 2009, 9:12:19 AM5/17/09
$Zero goes:

>he knows what a miserable coward he is. i don't have to list all the
>numerous examples.

Do it.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 17, 2009, 9:19:03 AM5/17/09
serenebabe goes:

>oh, okay. that kind of thing where you want to talk about something and
>he doesn't?

>I'll be honest (no faking, I swear), this hasn't been the kind of place
>where people really treat each other with respect. So, to me, the idea
>of actually discussing the meaning of a poem sounds out of place. BUT,
>it sounds interesting. Maybe it'll come back up. :-)

I have no interest whatsoever in discussing anything with a man who's
so divorced from reality he really believes he's a genius. Zero is one
of those people you usually find on a bus station concourse, railing
at the voices in his own head and oblivious to all that's going on
around him. Would you stop to talk to one of those guys about the poem
you just read, or the play you just saw? No, of course not.

For him that's a sign of cowardice. Let me tell you what's going on.
Zero is desperate for any kind of contact whatsoever, and it comes to
him less and less as the years go by. Arleen used to engage him in
long rambling threads, and now you're doing it. He'll go to any
lengths to stop the thread from petering out (geddit?) because then
he's alone again with the voices in his head. I came into this thread
to break up your little pity party, and he berates me for cowardice
thinking that will engage me for a little longer, keep me on the scene
so as to defer the moment when he once again has to look into the
abyss that is his own mind.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 17, 2009, 9:22:40 AM5/17/09
serenebabe goes:

It's only disappointing because you thought you were the one who was
going to change him, whereas everybody else knew, he's an abuser and
he'll always be an abuser.

>I guess you only want to listen to yourself.

Hold the front page.

>I tried.

>Hope life treats you better than it must be doing now.

Not very likely, since he's the author of his own destruction.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

serenebabe

May 17, 2009, 10:47:35 AM5/17/09

Eh. Not so much thinking I could change him (powerless, after all). I
have actually seen Zero be kind, interactive, and even kind of funny.
Since I've seen him different I thought maybe that part of him would
appear. But, I've given it a fair effort and won't bother again for a
while.

>> I guess you only want to listen to yourself.
>
> Hold the front page.
>
>> I tried.
>
>> Hope life treats you better than it must be doing now.
>
> Not very likely, since he's the author of his own destruction.

Sadly, that sounds about right.

--
It's All About We! (the column) -- new 5/16 "Doing It in Public"
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://serenebabe.blogspot.com/ -- new every few
days at least

serenebabe

May 17, 2009, 10:49:32 AM5/17/09

Again, sadly, that sounds about right.

Doesn't mean I won't reach out to him again. :-)

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:34:14 PM5/17/09
On May 17, 9:09 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >again, Heather is a spoiled brat airhead faker, and you're a coward
> >faker.
>
> >and i'm a creative genius.
>
> >deal.
>
> We're already dealing, loser. By living well. How's the creative
> genius business treating you? Still collecting cans in a shopping
> cart?
>
> Oh sorry. I meant to say "negotiating with your investors".

-$Zero...

the best thing about being a writer -- part XXI
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:34:44 PM5/17/09

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:34:55 PM5/17/09
On May 17, 9:12 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >he knows what a miserable coward he is. i don't have to list all the
> >numerous examples.
>
> Do it.

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:35:12 PM5/17/09

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:35:32 PM5/17/09

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:35:47 PM5/17/09
On May 17, 10:47 am, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-17 09:22:40 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> said:
>

> > serenebabe goes:

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 17, 2009, 7:35:58 PM5/17/09
On May 17, 10:49 am, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

-$Zero...

Alan Hope

May 18, 2009, 6:10:29 PM5/18/09
$Zero goes:

Zero chickens out of answering.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 18, 2009, 8:02:39 PM5/18/09
On May 18, 6:10 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
> >On May 17, 9:09 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> We're already dealing, loser. By living well. How's the creative
> >> genius business treating you? Still collecting cans in a shopping
> >> cart?
> >>
> >> Oh sorry. I meant to say "negotiating with your investors".
> >
> >-$Zero...
> >
> >  the best thing about being a writer -- part XXI
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7
>
> Zero chickens out of answering.

as if.

bwah!

let's read that absurdity again, shall we?

> Zero chickens out of answering.

so says the sniveling two-faced coward who can't even muster up the
minimal courage required to write a paragraph explaining the meaning
of a poem he once recited.

Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you, just say the
word, dude.

it's really no trouble at all.

-$Zero...

it's letting your detractors display their pathetic
petty bitterness, and cowardice, and dishonesty.
word by word. lame by lame.
while you sit back and enjoy the show.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7

"Don't judge each day
by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

saying No to those who
demand your compliance.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/79c5d222b7ba9b00

serenebabe

May 18, 2009, 8:19:50 PM5/18/09

I'm quite sure he wouldn't know how.

$Zero

May 18, 2009, 8:56:47 PM5/18/09
On May 18, 8:19 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-18 18:10:29 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> said:
> > $Zero goes:

> >> -$Zero...
>
> >> the best thing about being a writer -- part XXI
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7
>
> > Zero chickens out of answering.
>
> I'm quite sure he wouldn't know how.

Gawd.

what's to answer?

you really want me to make a list of the manifestations of Alan's
pathetic cowardice?

does Alan?

if so, why?

or are you genuinely interested in my business?

if so, why?

-$Zero...

if you were writing brave honest effective stuff,
you'd be asking much different questions.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/1eb4f537999c1588

it's crafting gems and
allowing your detractors
to make total fools of themselves.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7

Alan Hope

May 19, 2009, 8:48:41 PM5/19/09
$Zero goes:

>Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you, just say the
>word, dude.
>
>it's really no trouble at all.

Bring it.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 19, 2009, 8:49:15 PM5/19/09
$Zero goes:

>you really want me to make a list of the manifestations of Alan's
>pathetic cowardice?

Yes.

>does Alan?

Why, yes.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Ray Haddad

May 19, 2009, 8:49:54 PM5/19/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 02:48:41 +0200, Alan Hope
<usenet....@gmail.com> wrote:

>$Zero goes:
>
>>Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you, just say the
>>word, dude.
>>
>>it's really no trouble at all.
>
>Bring it.

Whoops! That was two words.
--
Ray

$Zero

May 19, 2009, 10:35:03 PM5/19/09
On May 19, 8:48 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you,
> >just say the word, dude.
>
> >it's really no trouble at all.
>
> Bring it.

ok.

i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

-$Zero...

it's the reason and the rhyme.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/362a437fb92f8855

$Zero

May 19, 2009, 10:44:12 PM5/19/09
On May 19, 8:49 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >you really want me to make a list of the manifestations of Alan's
> >pathetic cowardice?
>
> Yes.
>
> >does Alan?
>
> Why, yes.

-$Zero...

ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6de3de75d304bf42

Ray Haddad

May 19, 2009, 10:58:01 PM5/19/09
On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:35:03 -0700 (PDT), "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 19, 8:48�pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $Zero goes:
>>
>> >Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you,
>> >just say the word, dude.
>>
>> >it's really no trouble at all.
>>
>> Bring it.
>
>ok.
>
>i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

Who is Burn?
--
Ray

Ray Haddad

May 19, 2009, 10:58:25 PM5/19/09
On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:44:12 -0700 (PDT), "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 19, 8:49�pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> $Zero goes:
>>
>> >you really want me to make a list of the manifestations of Alan's
>> >pathetic cowardice?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> >does Alan?
>>
>> Why, yes.
>
>-$Zero...
>
> ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

Who is Burn?
--
Ray

Piet de Arcilla

May 20, 2009, 12:36:19 AM5/20/09
On May 19, 10:58 pm, Ray Haddad <r...@perthmagic.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:44:12 -0700 (PDT), "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On May 19, 8:49 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> Yes.

> >> Why, yes.
>
> >-$Zero...
>
> >  ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
>
> Who is Burn?

Burns's. Burnses. Burnsies?

Piet de Arcilla

May 20, 2009, 12:37:04 AM5/20/09
On May 19, 10:58 pm, Ray Haddad <r...@perthmagic.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:44:12 -0700 (PDT), "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On May 19, 8:49 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> Yes.

> >> Why, yes.
>
> >-$Zero...
>
> >  ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
>
> Who is Burn?
> --
> Ray

Or perhaps I should say "Ooh, burn!".

Towse

May 20, 2009, 1:38:51 AM5/20/09
Alan Hope wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
>> Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you, just say the
>> word, dude.
>>
>> it's really no trouble at all.
>
> Bring it.

***************
*p*o*p*c*o*r*n*
***************

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers and
the terminally curious <http://writers.internet-resources.com>

serenebabe

May 20, 2009, 5:48:33 AM5/20/09
On 2009-05-20 01:38:51 -0400, Towse <se...@towse.com> said:

> Alan Hope wrote:
>> $Zero goes:
>>
>>> Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you, just say the
>>> word, dude.
>>>
>>> it's really no trouble at all.
>>
>> Bring it.
>
> ***************
> *p*o*p*c*o*r*n*
> ***************

wish i had the animated "eating popcorn" thing here. will have to just
add "yeah that" (imagine an up arrow to the popcorn here).

--
It's All About We! (the column) -- new 5/16 "Doing It in Public"
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://micro.serenebabe.net/

Alan Hope

May 20, 2009, 7:12:41 AM5/20/09
$Zero goes:

>On May 19, 8:48�pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $Zero goes:
>>
>> >Alan, if you'd really like me to make minced meat of you,
>> >just say the word, dude.
>>
>> >it's really no trouble at all.
>>
>> Bring it.
>
>ok.
>
>i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

I see. You have nothing. What a surprise.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 20, 2009, 7:13:16 AM5/20/09
$Zero goes:

Get fucked. Bring your proof.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 20, 2009, 2:13:49 PM5/20/09
On May 20, 7:13 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
> >On May 19, 8:49 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> Yes.

> >> Why, yes.

unsnip:

"if so, why?"

> >-$Zero...
>
> >  ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6de3de75d304bf42
>
> Get fucked.

calm down, coward.

> Bring your proof.

like i said, i'll trade you that for your essay on the poem.

poof!

proof.

see what it's like to mess with creative genius?

next time, if you don't want to embarrass yourself so much, stay down
in your own league and battle with the likes of serenebabe, for
instance.

she'll happily fold and kiss your cowardly two-faced ass.

-$Zero...

it's helping people to become better versions of themselves.
and becoming a better version of yourself in the process.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/a3d338cdd75dfd99

$Zero

May 20, 2009, 2:24:20 PM5/20/09
On May 20, 7:12 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
> >On May 19, 8:48 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

unsnip:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/c3b411e876a1195f

> >> Bring it.
>
> >ok.
>
> >i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
>
> I see. You have nothing. What a surprise.

ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6de3de75d304bf42

-$Zero...

next time, if you don't want to embarrass yourself so much,
stay down in your own league and battle with the likes of
serenebabe, for instance. she'll happily fold and kiss your
cowardly two-faced ass.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/2d7c2445ec32e164

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 8:30:51 AM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

So not writing an essay on your command is cowardice?

You never had much luck with words, did you? Do you suppose there's a
single person out there who agrees with you?

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 8:31:19 AM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

>On May 20, 7:13�am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> $Zero goes:

>unsnip:
>
>"if so, why?"

Because I want you to squirm.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 12:42:02 PM5/21/09

no.

> You never had much luck with words, did you?

you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?

> Do you suppose there's a single person out there who
> agrees with you?

oh my.

screaming for help now.

tsk tsk.

what an evasively two-faced coward you are.

-$Zero...

it's thinking ahead.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/372125f66cc38244

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 12:45:43 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 8:31 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
> >On May 20, 7:13 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >unsnip:
>
> >"if so, why?"
>
> Because I want you to squirm.

bwah!

[imagine unsnips galore here]

-$Zero...

you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2

serenebabe

May 21, 2009, 1:34:01 PM5/21/09

Zero,

This isn't making you look very good.

--Heather

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 1:44:33 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 1:34 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

LOL

-$Zero...

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 2:35:58 PM5/21/09

you know, considering what an airhead you present yourself to be here,
it just occurred to me that it's remotely possible that you seriously
believe that.

and so, as a public service to airheads everywhere:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evasion

of course, that won't help you much if you're unable to keep up with
the conversations.

oh well.

if you can't afford a brain transplant, try rereading the posts over
and over until the gist sinks in.

i'd sure hate for anyone to miss out on the sublime comedy presented,
for free, no less.

because the extreme manifestation of Alan's two-faced cowardice here
is just too funny for words.

ba'dum, chsh!

> while you sit back and enjoy the show.
>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7

-$Zero...

> Zero, Are those links supposed to go somewhere new?
> They take me to the samethread/posts...?
> I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/34c3d2156ad35f41

serenebabe

May 21, 2009, 3:16:21 PM5/21/09

I really do mean it.

> and so, as a public service to airheads everywhere:
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evasion
>
> of course, that won't help you much if you're unable to keep up with
> the conversations.
>
> oh well.
>
> if you can't afford a brain transplant, try rereading the posts over
> and over until the gist sinks in.
>
> i'd sure hate for anyone to miss out on the sublime comedy presented,
> for free, no less.
>
> because the extreme manifestation of Alan's two-faced cowardice here
> is just too funny for words.
>
> ba'dum, chsh!
>

>> while you sit back and enjoy the show.
>> �http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7
>
> -$Zero...
>
> > Zero, Are those links supposed to go somewhere new?
> > They take me to the samethread/posts...?
> > I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/34c3d2156ad35f41

PJ

May 21, 2009, 4:48:08 PM5/21/09

Goodness. I clicked into this thread and I'm clicking right back out, as
we speak.

~ ~ ~
PJ

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 5:11:15 PM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

I'm doing fine. What made you think otherwise?

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 5:12:39 PM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

What's the cowardice, then?

>> You never had much luck with words, did you?

>you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?

What evasion?

>> Do you suppose there's a single person out there who
>> agrees with you?

>oh my.
>screaming for help now.
>tsk tsk.

I'll take that as a No.

>what an evasively two-faced coward you are.

That remains to be proven. Get to it, because you can't keep dodging
for long.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 5:13:27 PM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

>because the extreme manifestation of Alan's two-faced cowardice here
>is just too funny for words.

Show, don't tell, writer-boy.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:02:27 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 3:16 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

now i know you're lying.

not that i had ever any doubt, mind you.

duh.

> > and so, as a public service to airheads everywhere:
>
> >  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evasion
>
> > of course, that won't help you much if you're unable to keep up with
> > the conversations.
>
> > oh well.
>
> > if you can't afford a brain transplant, try rereading the posts over
> > and over until the gist sinks in.
>
> > i'd sure hate for anyone to miss out on the sublime comedy presented,
> > for free, no less.
>
> > because the extreme manifestation of Alan's two-faced cowardice here
> > is just too funny for words.
>
> > ba'dum, chsh!
>
> >> while you sit back and enjoy the show.
> >>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7
>
> > -$Zero...
>
> >   > Zero, Are those links supposed to go somewhere new?
> >   > They take me to the samethread/posts...?
> >   > I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/34c3d2156ad35f41

-$Zero...

it's crafting gems and
allowing your detractors
to make total fools of themselves.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/806f71ffa4929fe7

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:08:42 PM5/21/09

move along folks, nothing to see here.

LOL

queue Towse.

-$Zero...

capturing the complex yet simple relationships between people.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ef8c05f684b32858

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:13:42 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 5:13 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >because the extreme manifestation of Alan's two-faced cowardice here
> >is just too funny for words.
>
> Show, don't tell, writer-boy.

-$Zero...

poof! proof.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/2d7c2445ec32e164

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:32:59 PM5/21/09

your not writing the essay, for one.

that's the most amusing of the lot.

so what's the delay, coward?

> >> You never had much luck with words, did you?
> >you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?
>
> What evasion?

only the true airheads would need an explanation for that.

> >> Do you suppose there's a single person out there who
> >> agrees with you?
> >oh my.
> >screaming for help now.
> >tsk tsk.
>
> I'll take that as a No.

of course you will.

> >what an evasively two-faced coward you are.
>
> That remains to be proven.

yeah, like Global Warming, and evolution.

are you conceding that the earth goes around the sun yet?

> Get to it,

ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6de3de75d304bf42

poof! proof.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/2d7c2445ec32e164

> because you can't keep dodging for long.

so, two-faced coward-boy, what's it been, a couple three years now?

yikes, that's a mighty long time to dodge a simple essay on a subject
for which you're a literary "expert" on, especially considering your
heritage, and that it's a poem you yourself have recited, in your own
dialect, the dialect in which it was written, no less.

and that's just the tip of the iceberg of your two-faced cowardice
innit.

-$Zero...

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ac52555856833a9d

you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:42:30 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 5:11 pm, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
> >On May 21, 8:31 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> Because I want you to squirm.
>
> >bwah!
>
> >[imagine unsnips galore here]
>
> >-$Zero...
>
> >  you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2
>
> I'm doing fine. What made you think otherwise?

-$Zero...

only the true airheads would need an explanation for that.

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/5d82c44f1ff91c2e

Alan Hope

May 22, 2009, 6:43:00 PM5/22/09
$Zero goes:

>> >no.

Why is that cowardly?

>that's the most amusing of the lot.

>so what's the delay, coward?

Why would I write anything for you?

I'm sure I can't be the only one entertaining that question. Why the
fuck would I write anything at all on your say-so?

>> >you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?

>> What evasion?

>only the true airheads would need an explanation for that.

No answer, huh.

>> >oh my.
>> >screaming for help now.
>> >tsk tsk.

>> I'll take that as a No.

>of course you will.

You're a madman, you know that? You're delusional.

>> >what an evasively two-faced coward you are.

>> That remains to be proven.

>yeah, like Global Warming, and evolution.
>are you conceding that the earth goes around the sun yet?

You think calling me names is proving your case. You got nothing,
crazy Pete.

>> Get to it,

> ok. i'll trade you that for your essay on Burn's poem.
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/6de3de75d304bf42
>
> poof! proof.
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/2d7c2445ec32e164
>
>> because you can't keep dodging for long.
>
>so, two-faced coward-boy, what's it been, a couple three years now?

Since what?

>yikes, that's a mighty long time to dodge a simple essay on a subject
>for which you're a literary "expert" on, especially considering your
>heritage, and that it's a poem you yourself have recited, in your own
>dialect, the dialect in which it was written, no less.

What's to dodge? Answer my question: why the fuck would I write a
single word for you?

>and that's just the tip of the iceberg of your two-faced cowardice
>innit.

Go on, then. Present some evidence.

But you won't, will you?

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

serenebabe

May 22, 2009, 7:33:40 PM5/22/09

You aren't the only one entertaining that question.

I suspect even if there were a chance anyone was interested in a
discussion about the poem they won't simply *because* Zero is trying to
demand it.