the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXIII

$Zero

May 19, 2009, 7:52:34 PM5/19/09
the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXIII

it's the navel gazing.

and the interruptions of same.

it's the existential and the ludicrous.

it's authoritarians and the studious.

it's the reason and the rhyme.

and the sublime.

and the offbeat humor just in time.

it's the effort

to earn

a dime.

-$Zero...

the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXII
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/da679218d7d7698a

danger...@gmail.com

May 19, 2009, 10:53:06 PM5/19/09
On May 19, 4:52 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXIII
>
> it's the navel gazing.

I don't do that anymore. Last time I gazed at my navel, it gazed
back.

It scared the shit out of me.

DB

Towse

May 20, 2009, 1:39:54 AM5/20/09
danger...@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 19, 4:52 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXIII
>>
>> it's the navel gazing.
>
> I don't do that anymore. Last time I gazed at my navel, it gazed
> back.

... and there was this abyss, see?

--
Sal

Ye olde swarm of links: thousands of links for writers, researchers and
the terminally curious <http://writers.internet-resources.com>

Piet de Arcilla

May 21, 2009, 1:42:33 AM5/21/09
On May 20, 1:39 am, Towse <s...@towse.com> wrote:

> dangerousb...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On May 19, 4:52 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXIII
>
> >> it's the navel gazing.
>
> > I don't do that anymore. Last time I gazed at my navel, it gazed
> > back.
>
> ... and there was this abyss, see?

It's been explained to me, what the purpose of the navel is. You see,
if you're eating celery in the bathtub, you need a place to put the
salt.