the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXVII

$Zero

May 20, 2009, 3:58:41 PM5/20/09
the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXVII

it's thinking ahead.

for instance, it's having the foresight to know that you'll soon need
to write "part 40" in Roman Numerals and realizing that you're not
quite sure you remember how to do that.

XL, maybe?

something like that, i'm pretty sure.

if so, would that make 39 be IXL?

anyway, thank God for things like wikipedia and dictionary.com, i
guess.

and the stray sets of encyclopedias and other reference books i've
accumulated over the years.

although, one does to prefer to rely on a solid memory for these kinds
of things.

but that's just way too much to ask for anymore.

-$Zero...

the best thing about being a writer -- part XXXVI
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/541cc91427fffbee

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 8:34:06 AM5/21/09
$Zero goes:

>anyway, thank God for things like wikipedia and dictionary.com, i
>guess.
>
>and the stray sets of encyclopedias and other reference books i've
>accumulated over the years.

Which you never look at.

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 12:49:59 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 8:34 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $Zero goes:
>
> >anyway, thank God for things like wikipedia and dictionary.com, i
> >guess.
>
> >and the stray sets of encyclopedias and other reference books i've
> >accumulated over the years.
>
> Which you never look at.

[imagine unsnips galore here]
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/7593a99fffa543a2

-$Zero...

you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2

serenebabe

May 21, 2009, 1:28:01 PM5/21/09

Zero,

Are those links supposed to go somewhere new? They take me to the same
thread/posts...?

I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?

--Heather

--
It's All About We! (the column) -- new 5/16 "Doing It in Public"
http://www.serenebabe.net/

microblogging here: http://micro.serenebabe.net/

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 1:48:05 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 1:28 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-21 12:49:59 -0400, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> said:
> > On May 21, 8:34 am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> $Zero goes:

> >> Which you never look at.
>
> >  [imagine unsnips galore here]
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/7593a99fffa543a2
>
> > -$Zero...
>
> >   you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?
> >  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2
>
> Zero,
>
> Are those links supposed to go somewhere new?

nope.

> They take me to the samethread/posts...?

yep.

> I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?

ok.

-$Zero...

> Zero, This isn't making you look very good.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/04b3c92d3fcb0664

Alan Hope

May 21, 2009, 5:15:06 PM5/21/09
serenebabe goes:

>On 2009-05-21 12:49:59 -0400, "$Zero" <zero...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> On May 21, 8:34�am, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> $Zero goes:

>>> Which you never look at.
>>
>> [imagine unsnips galore here]
>> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/7593a99fffa543a2
>>
>> -$Zero...
>>
>> you never had much luck with silly evasions, did you?
>> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/b618fe7a157767b2
>
>Zero,
>
>Are those links supposed to go somewhere new? They take me to the same
>thread/posts...?
>
>I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?

Duh. He links to the thread we're in. His own posts which we just
read, often. The man is a dingbat. Sorry to be so blunt, but WTF would
you click on his links in the first place?

--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com

serenebabe

May 21, 2009, 5:28:07 PM5/21/09

I was a clicking virgin.

$Zero

May 21, 2009, 7:52:14 PM5/21/09
On May 21, 5:28 pm, serenebabe <sereneb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-05-21 17:15:06 -0400, Alan Hope <usenet.ident...@gmail.com> said:
> > serenebabe goes:

> >> Zero,
>
> >> Are those links supposed to go somewhere new? They take me to the same
> >> thread/posts...?
>
> >> I guess I'll just stop clicking on your links...?
>
> > Duh. He links to the thread we're in. His own posts which we just
> > read, often. The man is a dingbat.

there's just no disputing that.
it's pointless silly season to try.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/a4e21848ff582521

> > Sorry to be so blunt, but WTF would
> > you click on his links in the first place?
>
> I was a clicking virgin.

-$Zero...

now i know you're lying.
not that i had ever any doubt, mind you. duh.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/c3a609b6507d160b