Microsoft Cuts/Sacks ~15% of Contractors

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 22, 2009, 4:41:13 PM1/22/09

Tim Smith

Jan 22, 2009, 5:08:22 PM1/22/09
In article <9506182.Y...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> "The software maker is trimming costs for travel, freezing wages, scaling back
> a massive expansion to its Redmond campus and looking to cut what it spends on
> contractors and vendors by up to 15 percent."

So, which is it? Are they cutting spending on contractors by 15
percent, or are they cutting 15% of contractors?

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 22, 2009, 7:53:00 PM1/22/09

DFS

Jan 22, 2009, 10:35:07 PM1/22/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/160115.asp?source=rss
>
> That makes a total that may exceed 10,000 people who lost their job
> at/for Microsoft, so it aligns with some early estimates.

You really should contact Rex Ballard for confirmation of the exact number.

George Barca

Jan 22, 2009, 10:41:45 PM1/22/09
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:35:07 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com>
wrote:

Does he work for Microsoft?
After today, he may very well be unemployed.
George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

DFS

Jan 22, 2009, 11:32:38 PM1/22/09
George Barca wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:35:07 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/160115.asp?source=rss
>>>
>>> That makes a total that may exceed 10,000 people who lost their job
>>> at/for Microsoft, so it aligns with some early estimates.
>>
>> You really should contact Rex Ballard for confirmation of the exact
>> number.
>>

> Does he work for Microsoft?

No. He's a well-known lunatic and buffoonish Linux^^^^^Amway "advocate" (at
night only... by day he hawks proprietary stuff for IBM).

To listen to him and his concocted "facts and figures" you'd think he was a
VP of OEM Relations at Microsoft.

Rex is a little bitter that MS stole his ideas and put them in MS-DOS and
Windows 2000.

> After today, he may very well be unemployed.

Only in cola la-la land does 1400 layoffs out of 94000 employees = "may very
well be unemployed"

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/inside_ms.mspx#EUCAE

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 9:06:25 AM1/23/09
"George Barca" <georgeb...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

I bet your bound to get a new kind of reply from the cola loons very soon,
namely a "Hi flatty" reply.
I feel it's coming, cos you questioned spamtard Roy, a cola loons "Messiah",
who can't be criticized in their opinion.
Dummkopf Kohlmann (head of the politbureau), Terry-tard, 7 aka idiot, *Liar*
Mutt Ahlstrom, HPT the nymshifter are watching you!
Be a good colaloons lap dog and *never* criticize Roy!
--
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 9:22:18 AM1/23/09
Clogwog (Rick Mather) schreef:
> George Barca schreef...

>> DFS wrote:

>>> You really should contact Rex Ballard for confirmation of
>>> the exact number.
>>
>> Does he work for Microsoft? After today, he may very well be
>> unemployed.
>
> I bet your bound to get a new kind of reply from the cola
> loons very soon, namely a "Hi flatty" reply.

No, rather, "Goedemorgen, Hooimijt!"

> I feel it's coming, cos you questioned spamtard Roy, a cola
> loons "Messiah", who can't be criticized in their opinion.

His posts are considerably more on topic than your rants.

> {Knip idiootsleeplijn raast en tieren], HPT the nymshifter are
> watching you!

Ooh, this is choice from known nymshifting liar Clogwog (Rick
Mather) AKA nymthief of chrisv, High Plains Thumper, AKA Kutloze
Scheefgepoepte, Chelatobacter Ariomus, Cyanocobalamine-
Hydrocobamine-derivaat-injectiecyclus-met-zaagtandvormige
B12-lijn, Hans, Kadaitcha Man, Peer Geilzeever, Nicodemus
Kwaadenkloot, Gozewienus Smegmasmuller, Arsene van Tiethuysen,
Deodatus Kuttenvanger, Olivier Anusjager, Quirinus Pukkelpenis,
Gradus Kanusmans, Berend van het Aarshouweel, Driekus van 't
Lullenhof, Derk den Klotsoksel, Hentje Kotskameel, Arie
Drollenboer, Wullum Droogkloot, Peer van der Berigheid, Arend
Keuvelklier, Marinus Pielrukker, Karel Klootendraaier, Dingeman
Sneerbakkus, Kobus Binnenaars, Manus Simpelcont, Jodocus
Uytbuicker, Arsene den Rode-Apenkontjager, Desederius van der
Keutelenhof, Querinus van der Tiethuyzen, Gezinus den
Sluitspierbeul, Dingeman Sneerbakkus and others.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

amicus_curious

Jan 22, 2009, 8:15:44 PM1/22/09

"Tim Smith" <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message
For all practical purposes, that may be the same thing. If all contractors
were paid exactly the same, the cost would be the same. If they cut more
lower cost contractors than higher cost contractors, the head count would be
more than 15% and vice versa,

It just goes to proliferate the way that bean counters are driving
everything. Everything has to happen on a 90 day interval and has to be
positive in terms of revenue production. It is hard to invest in something
that may have a long payback cycle since the theory is that the stockholders
will revolt as low result quarters go by. That makes it very hard for a big
business to innovate and forces them to acquire small companies that they
think will add to both top and bottom lines quickly. Remember when
Microsoft was the little company up against Apple and IBM and Tandy and some
others?

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 9:29:30 AM1/23/09
"Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> schreef in bericht

but.....................
Perhaps you are the former troll " *Hamilcar* Barca"?
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Hamilcar%20Barca%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wg
<chuckle>

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 9:29:30 AM1/23/09
"Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> schreef in bericht

but.....................

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 10:45:25 AM1/23/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht
You sure beg for my attention a lot.
Ik vind jou een afgezakte ouwe flitspoeper.

George Barca

Jan 23, 2009, 10:53:29 AM1/23/09
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:32:38 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com>
wrote:

>George Barca wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:35:07 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You really should contact Rex Ballard for confirmation of the exact
>>> number.
>>>

>> Does he work for Microsoft?
>
>No. He's a well-known lunatic and buffoonish Linux^^^^^Amway "advocate" (at
>night only... by day he hawks proprietary stuff for IBM).

He seems to have a lot of free time.

>To listen to him and his concocted "facts and figures" you'd think he was a
>VP of OEM Relations at Microsoft.

That is why I asked. He writes like he worked at a PR firm at
some point.

>Rex is a little bitter that MS stole his ideas and put them in MS-DOS and
>Windows 2000.

That's a long time to grind an axe.
It's best to get over these kind of things.

>> After today, he may very well be unemployed.
>
>Only in cola la-la land does 1400 layoffs out of 94000 employees = "may very
>well be unemployed"

Unless you, or I happen to be one of the 1400 at which point it
takes on a whole new meaning.

>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/inside_ms.mspx#EUCAE

George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

George Barca

Jan 23, 2009, 10:57:16 AM1/23/09

I'm 63 years old and very set in my ways. I'm at the point in
life where sometimes I don't even agree totally with myself at
times. At least from what I can remember.
Also there is a difference between disagreeing and being
critical. I surely don't expect people to agree with everything I
say and maybe I am naive but I believe others would be reasonable
as well.
George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 10:57:42 AM1/23/09

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:32:38 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com>
> wrote:
>
>>George Barca wrote:

>>> Does he work for Microsoft?
>>
>>No. He's a well-known lunatic and buffoonish Linux^^^^^Amway "advocate"
>>(at
>>night only... by day he hawks proprietary stuff for IBM).
>
> He seems to have a lot of free time.

Roy Schestowitz is the SPAMKING of comp.os.linux.advocacy
"Roy Schestowitz is a career college student at some liberal artsy
university. He has never had a job or any responsibility in his life and
his poor parents have been supporting his butt for many years. Instead of
actually graduating like you're supposed to this proven liar spends 24
hours a day, 7 days a week (including all holidays) posting lies to every
corner of the internet. He posts to a Microsoft-hate newsgroup called COLA
for instance where he finds the time to make thousands of posts each month.
Really... this is no exaggeration. He literally makes several thousand
posts per month to this lowly newsgroup instead of studying or getting a
job. He was posting so much and misusing his college computers so much that
after several warnings and complaints his school had no choice but to
suspend his internet posting privileges. (He's not supposed to use school
computers for personal gain.) Now he uses Mark Kent's account (another
linux liar) to spew his lies and hatred from.

He was recently found guilty of stealing artwork from other websites and
posting them on his site despite the clear and obvious copyright warnings.
He has no hesitation in shamelessly stealing the work of others and posting
it up on his website as his own in order to try and make a few pennies
profit.

Other than posting to COLA he has his own anti-Microsoft website and
created for-profit websites that attempt to boycott linux vendors he
doesn't like such as Novell, Xandros and etc. His specialty is to take news
stories and twist the headline and contents of the story into something
that was never written. Unsuspecting readers will see the post from Roy
Schestowitz and assume it's the truth when in reality it's nothing but
lies, delusions, ravings and rants from this immature child."
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=xFvp2hoAAAAb4mOWpyzVaW0aq-bp9NGnjj6y1UsWUZHxqbrtGgkPow
http://tinyurl.com/2etnjh
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007/09/roy-schestowitz-liar.html

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 11:43:43 AM1/23/09
Clogwog schreef:
> High Plains Thumper schreef...
>> Clogwog (Rick Mather) schreef:

>>> Be a good colaloons lap dog and *never* criticize Roy! --
>>> PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOT[^h^h^h^h^hTROLL]S:
>>
>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/
>
> You sure beg for my attention a lot. Ik vind [knip mest
> geladen woordenstroom]

You have posted other's words but you have yet to post mine. You
can't, but you won't, you can't find anything against me, in
spite of your trying you have failed miserably just like Steve
Carroll, Wally, Steve MacKay and etc. Ooops! :-)

Let's give it up Rick, we're both starting to sound like Snit!

--
HPT

Clogwog

Jan 23, 2009, 11:53:01 AM1/23/09
"High Plains Thumper" <h...@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht

No Wendy, when I chuck a bone, you fetch it, capiche!

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 12:36:08 PM1/23/09

Sluitspierbeul, Dingeman Sneerbakkus and others wrote:
> High Plains Thumper schreef...
>> Clogwog schreef:
>>> High Plains Thumper schreef...

>>> You sure beg for my attention a lot. Ik vind [knip mest
>>> geladen woordenstroom]
>>
>> [...]
>
> No [snip troll spiel]

No sense of humour, but here is something worthy to ponder.

Following are excerpts from the official FAQ, entire text is found at:

Copyright: (c) 2002 The FAQ and Primer for COLA Team -- All Rights Reserved

Frequently Asked Questions and Primer for comp.os.linux.advocacy

Edition III

April 19, 2002

| Beware of those who would call you a friend for |
| many will eat your bread while working against |
| you. They will take credit for your good works |
| and blame you for their own misdeeds. |
| - TheGreat Unknown |

1.1 Availability

This document is posted on a weekly to the comp.os.linux.advocacy,
comp.answers, and news.answers newsgroups. In addition it is archived at
rtfm.mit.edu ftp archive and its mirrors and is also available on the
Internet FAQ Consortium's website at www.faqs.org.

1.2 Welcome to comp.os.linux.advocacy

If you are new to Linux and/or comp.os.linux.advocacy, welcome. It is
hoped that you will will enjoy your time in comp.os.linux.advocacy and
find it educational. We also hope that you will find Linux as useful for
you. and that in the ripeness of time that you will become a contributing
member of the Linux community.

COLA is like a meeting hall for Linux advocacy. A place where those who
advocate the use of Linux can meet and discuss all things Linux. In
addition it is a place were individuals interested in Linux can come to
gain an understanding of the Linux and the Linux community and to learn
about the capabilities of Linux from those who are experienced with the
use, administration, and development of Linux.

By using Linux as a user or sysadmin you are a member of the Linux
community of which this newsgroup is an asset. The Linux community is
world-wide and interconnected by the internet and other networks gated to
the internet.

The description that your news server delivers to you for
comp.os.linux.advocacy, or COLA for short, is "Benefits of Linux compared
to other operating systems". That description is derived from the charter
of COLA. Sometimes advocacy groups are viewed as a place where the
bickering undesirables of other newsgroups are directed, in order to
remove a disruption from another group on the same general subject. That
is incorrect for COLA.

1.3 Contributing to this FAQ and Primer

All those who advocate the use of Linux are invited to submit material and
suggestions to be considered for future versions of this document.
Submissions should be sent by email to m...@mindspring.com. You may also
post your submissions in COLA; however, in that case you should still
email your submission as well, so that the submission will not be missed
as can happen if it were posted in COLA only.

Submissions offered by those who may deemed to be hostile to Linux,
including but not limited to anti-Linux propagandists, will not be
accepted.

1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
systems.

That single sentence is the one and only charter of the newsgroup
comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup as a
place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the
betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development of
Linux. It supports this as a place for those who would like to learn more
about Linux to come to learn from those who know Linux. It does not call
for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order
to discredit Linux.

You may have heard of another charter sometimes called by some the
"original charter," that opens the newsgroup to the abuses that are
inflicted on Linux by those who oppose Linux. That other charter never
existed, it was a proposed charter for another newsgroup that never was
created that would also have been called comp.os.linux.advocacy.

On 14 Feb 1994, Danny Gould dgo...@helix.nih.gov posted
comp.os.linux.advocacy-R...@uunet.uu.net a Request for Discussion entitled
"Request for Discussion (RFD) on comp.os.linux.advocacy" to the
news.groups newsgroup. That RFD was cross posted to the appropriate
newsgroups and a number of other inappropriate newsgroups as well. It
included the following proposed charter:

The proposed group will provide a forum for the discussion of Linux. In
addition, it will allow comp.os.linux.misc to deal with Linux-specific
issues. Discussion will include (but not be limited to) the discussion
of the pros and cons of Linux and applications for Linux, and the
comparison of Linux with other operating systems and environments such
as Microsoft DOS and Windows, SCO UNIX, Coherent, NeXTstep, Macintosh
System, etc. It will be an unmoderated forum.

The call for votes on the proposal was not posted, the issue died without
a vote.

On 4 Oct 1994, Dave Sill d...@ornl.gov posted 37mn57$...@rodan.UU.NET a
Request for Discussion entitled "REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
comp.os.linux reorganization." Thus far comp.os.linux.advocacy was not yet
proposed. Note that unlike Danny, Dave posted the Request for Discussions
to appropriate newsgroups only, that is a hallmark of a serious effort.

On 14 Oct 1994, Dave Sill d...@de5.ornl.gov posted 37mn57$...@rodan.UU.NET
a revised version of this Request for Discussion, this revised posting
called for the creation of comp.os.linux.advocacy among other
comp.os.linux.* groups. Dave proposed this charter for
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
systems.

The Call for Votes went out in the required form, and on 13 Dec 1994
posted the results ikl...@amdahl.com with greater than 8 to 1 in favor of
the creation of comp.os.linux.advocacy (our COLA) with Dave's proposed
charter. On that date, that charter became effective and that other
charter that was proposed for the other comp.os.linux.advocacy that never
was created, never became anything that affects this
comp.os.linux.advocacy.

Those who oppose Linux and have invaded comp.os.linux.advocacy in order to
try to subvert the purpose of this newsgroup will continue as they have to
insult the intelligence of the Linux advocates by citing that other
proposed charter of that other newsgroup that never came into existence.
They also have continued to quote from the introductory paragraph of the
Danny's Request for Discussion as though that were a part of any actual or
even a part of the failed, proposed charter. Perhaps they feel that the
introductory section provides them with a greater impact.

When someone posts citations from that failed Request for Discussion in
order to make it appear that the anti-Linux propagandists are sanctioned
to be posting in COLA, as was done by an anti-Linux propagandist on
January 13, 2002 in article pMr08.457$Wf1.316...@ruti.visi.com, then once
again by another anti-Linux propagandist on February 13, 2002 in article
d6761fb5.0202131955.6c3b9...@posting.google.com they are not only using
disinformation they are also insulting the intelligence of everyone who is
a reader COLA.

2 COLA

2.1 On Topic Subjects

On-topic is anything anything regarding Linux that is of interest to a
person who advocates the use of Linux, or requests for information about
Linux by a person who would like to learn about it. COLA is also a great
place to share your Linux success stories.

COLA is not a place to advocate the use of other operating systems, there
are other newsgroups for advocating them. COLA is not a place to vent real
or imagined complaints regarding Linux. There are other newsgroups created
for that purpose.

COLA is not a place to post advertisements or other promotions for
financial gain or for promoting anything other than the use of Linux
operating system and growth of the Linux community.

3 Linux

Linux is an operating system based on the unix class of operating systems.
It can be argued that Linux is the kernel of the operating system;
however, in common usage the word Linux is used to refer to entire
operating system as a whole, an operating system comprised of the kernel,
systems utility software, user utility software and to a lesser extent the
applications software. This is the practice that will be followed in this
document. Specific instances of this from given vendors are referred to as
Linux Distributions.

Linux as stated above, is based on unix, but is not legally a clone of the
unix operating system. On the other hand it looks like unix, behaves like
unix, feels like unix enough to functionally be considered a unix. Linux
is more compatible with both major classes of unix, BSD and AT&T, than
they are with each other. Linux fully operates with with the other unixes
as an equal peer via networking.

Linux runs software compatible with those other unixes and in most cases
the very same software does run on each of those unixes and Linux as well.
Where the other unixes have deviated from each other with various
utilities or services, Linux typically supports both of their styles of
utilities. Often Linux is more compatible with the various unixes, than
they are with each other.

Linus Torvalds started developing Linux from scratch as a better unix than
than the Minix that was then available. Minix is a contraction of Minimal
Unix, and is the name of a very minimal unix that was licensed for
educational purposes. The name Linux is in turn a contraction of Linus's
Minix, although the actual results of Linus's early releases had already
so far out classed Minix so that Linus's Unix would have been a better
base to form the contraction Linux.

One of the major goals of creating Linux was to create a unix that was
free from the encumbrances of existing unixes and the licensing that
restricted the use of Minix. So it was necessary to write the Linux kernel
from scratch.

The Linux operating system provides all the features that users and
administrators should expect from any modern, high-performance operating
system. Many of these features have been a part of Linux and stable for
years. While the developers of various, so-called popular operating
systems claim to be innovating, they are only playing catch up with Linux.
As this document is being written, Linux is increasing its lead with the
development on the 2.5.x series developmental/experimental kernels.

3.1 The Kernel

The Kernel is the core of the operating system. That is the part that
communicates with devices, handles memory management, schedules processes,
and provides other basic services to the systems utility software, user
utility software and applications software. Thanks to the fact that the
kernel handles the hardware and provides a uniform view of it to higher
level software, regardless of your hardware platform, Linux will present
the user with a uniform environment. That means that once you as a user of
Linux learn to run it on a PC, or a Mac, or a minicomputer, or a mainframe
computer you will be able to sit down to use Linux on any other of the
supported platforms, and feel right at home. The hardware may look and
feel different such as a different key layout or a different pointing
device, but Linux knowledge is portable across hardware platforms. Members
of the team that produced this document can attest to this, through their
first hand experience on multiple hardware platforms running Linux.

Many versions of the Linux kernel have been released, in fact since the
release of the Linux kernel version 1.0.0 in there have been over 600
official main line kernels released, including the AC series of Linux
kernels there have been almost 900 releases in that time. The reason for
so many releases has to do with the development of the kernel being an
open process, this way you don't have to wait for months or years for a
needed patch to be provided or for a feature that you really need to be
made available.

3.9 Linux's Compatibility With Other Operating System

Linux is compatible at different levels with many other operating systems,
ranging from the networking level all the way to running the same
software.

3.9.1 Compatible With Windows

Linux can run Windows software by running that software under the actual
Windows operating system (requiring a properly licensed copy of Windows)
that is in turn running as a guest operating system in a PC emulator such
as VMware. Linux can also run Windows software on Linux itself with an
implementation of the Windows Application Programming Interface (API) via
Wine. It is also possible to compile the source code for Windows based
software on Linux and link it against the Wine libraries to produce a
Linux executable of that Windows software. One note about Wine, Wine can
only run on PC style hardware, since it is not a PC emulator hardware, and
runs the Windows software directly on the underlying processor.

Linux can provide network printers and act as a fileserver for Windows
computers by running Samba using TCP/IP networking. You can also use
MarsNWE to provide printers and network volumes using IPX/SPX networking.
Linux can also access shares and printers provided by computers running
Windows by the use of Samba and the Samba filesystem. Linux can also be a
file, and print server to Windows clients by using Samba. Linux machines
can access Windows machines that are emulating NetWare file servers by
using the NetWare core protocol filesystem.

Linux can read and write to Windows hard drive partitions that use the
filesystems of MS-DOS and Windows 9x. The NTFS filesystem are a bit
problematic because of their nature and they way their specifications
change from version to version. Linux can read Windows NT, Windows 2000,
and Windows XP NTFS partitions well; however, writing directly to such
partitions is possible but not recommended.

There is an indirect method for Linux to read and write to NTFS
partitions. Running Windows under a PC emulator such as VMware, give that
copy of Windows access to the NTFS partition or partitions and have that
copy of Windows running as a fileserver. Then let Linux access the
fileserver through a virtual or actual network connection.

Linux understands the Windows extensions to the CD-ROM standards. Linux
can both read them and generate them. Linux can also access Windows
diskettes and other disk media, either by mounting them as any other Linux
partition can be mounted, or by the use of the mtools.

3.9.3 Compatible With MacOS

Linux can provide network printers and act as a fileserver for Macintosh
computers. Linux can access Macintosh based print servers and fileserver.

Linux can read and write Macintosh floppies, hard drives, and other disk
media.

3.10 Linux Leaves Users Wanting Less

From them 1950's through the 1970's users would expect their computers to
operate as specified in the manuals and the specification sheets. The POP
manuals (Principal of Operations manuals) and the rest of the
documentation of those computers were considered to be faithful
representations of the operations of those computers.

There was one computer that was installed in 1964, the organization that
owned it decommisioned it in 1984, and wanted to donate it to a college
computer science department but they had lost the installation media of
the machine's operating system. The computer was running twenty-four hours
a day and seven days a week for those twenty years without a single reboot
or any down time. There were components that had failed: individual tape
drives and card readers/punches had worn out and were replaced, CRT
terminals were added and the most of the card readers, the old model 26
keypunch stations and most of the model 29 keypunch stations were retired.
Disk drives were added to that computer years after the initial
installation, None of that needed any downtime or reboots.

In the 1970's there was the development of microprocessors and
microcomputers, most of them matched their operating systems in what ever
form they came in and were as reliable as the computers of the prior
decade. Some of the hardware was problematic but the operating systems
would generally operate as specified.

In the early 1980's something started to change. Today many users have
come to accept and even expect their computers and operating system to
fail frequently, many shops now use regular reboot cycles as an attempt to
use pre-emptive reboots to avoid crashes at unexpected times. They have
come to expect their operating systems and systems software and
applications software to not work as documented. What is even worse, they
often see nothing wrong with that madness. In prior decades, if such
undependability and unreliability were experienced, it would not have not
been acceptable and the vendor would have to replace those useless systems
and often had to pay for the customer's losses as well.

Now flash forward to present day, users have come to expect very little
from their computers. Such poor performance has led them to expect less
and less while wanting more and more with little prospect of getting it.
But in addition to such unreliable operating systems, there is Linux,
leaving its users wanting less and less because it provides more and more
all the time.

* A stable operating system
Linux users no longer want for a stable operating system because Linux
is as stable operating system. Twenty four hours, seven days a week
non-stop operation for years at a time with off the shelf PC hardware
is not anything unusual for Linux. As members of the FAQ and Primer
team can attest to from personal experience.

* An operating system that doesn't require me to spend a fortune on new
hardware.
Linux can run on hardware with just the computing power needed or that
is available. Linux sysadmins upgrade to more powerful hardware to
have more power available for their users, not to regain yesterday's
performance from today's operating system.

* An operating system with a decent graphical user interface.
Or rather one that can be configured to work the way you want it too.
With the look and feel you seek. Linux does not actually have any
graphical user interfaces, but the X Windowing System is commonly run
on Linux and other unixes. There are also other graphical user
interface besides the X Window System that can run on Linux, including
some next generation test bed systems. If a Linux user wishes he can
run today a user interface that won't be available elsewhere for years
or even decades, that is if he likes to live on the bleeding edge.

* An operating system with lots of useful stuff built in.
Much of what a person needs to purchase to get some other operating
systems to be useful comes with the common Linux distributions.
Sometimes in surprising ways, such as the little program named "cat"
that concatenates files and is the more powerful original that the DOS
command "type" was copied from. The program "cat" also provides by
itself much of the functionality of Norton Ghost.

* An operating system that doesn't try to prevent me from using my
computer.
Linux does not second guess or interfere with the human decision
making process. It respects the wisdom of the human sysadmin and the
user. There are utilities available to automate that, but in the end
humans are the bosses. There has been a call for more "Windows like"
automation to take over from human authority, one distribution that
used that philosophy was Corel Linux. It is now a hated distribution
by its own users as a result.

* An OS not prone to viral infections
While in theory no operating system can be 100all worms and viruses,
Linux by is nature is immune enough that the possibilities that such
little beasties exist have become like urban legends in the Linux
community. Even if such infections could target Linux, the
multifaceted code base would in itself limit the spread, if a sysadmin
selects the software to run without regard to distributions and does
not use precompiled binaries, he has just increased the level of
immunity of his systems. The worst an attacking worm could do is crash
a server program, but the worm creator could not actually control
anything with the worm because he could not predict the memory layout
of the program he is attacking on systems so independent from
distributions. That same would generally be true with binaries
supplied from a different distribution or different version than the
one he is targeting.

* An operating system which I can program and hack easily
Anyone can have access to the source code of the Linux kernel and most
if not all the programs they run on Linux. If one is a programmer,
Linux provides all the tools and the source code to add or alter any
feature he pleases. If he wants to write a new program and has
questions, about the operation of the library functions, or the
kernel, he can refer to the documentation, ask for help on-line, or
just read the applicable source code. If he has a device for which he
want to create a driver for, he can write it. If he wants to see how
similar drivers work, there is the Linux kernel source code and the
code of the other drivers available.

* An operating system which doesn't decay over time.
Since the late days of DOS programs and the coming of Window NT and
Windows 95, there has been a pheonoma known as software rot, also
known as bit rot. With late DOS programs it could take an individual
program on a production system out of commission needing to be
reinstalled. Windows 95 and Windows NT elevated the software rot
phenomenon from causing the decay of individual programs to the decay
of the entire operating system. This is not a factor with Linux.

All these items are things that Linux users are not wanting for any
longer, because Linux has given to them what they have been wanting for up
to a decade. So yes, Linux leaves its users wanting less, because it
provides so much more of what they have been hoping for from their prior
operating system.

George Barca

Jan 23, 2009, 2:08:13 PM1/23/09

Wow! There seems to be an entire subculture loose in this group!
I was talking about Mr. Rex though.
I must say that I enjoy reading Mr. Schestowitz's posts and at
least from my perspective his private life is his own business.
Some things I agree with and others I disagree with which is how
life is lived. Wouldn't be a dull, boring planet if we all agreed
with each other on everything?
George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 3:08:19 PM1/23/09
George Barca wrote:

> Clogwog (Rick Mather) wrote:
>> George Barca schreef...

http://tinyurl.com/2nnfhy

DFS at his best: "Click heels together three times, wave your
magic wand, then open your eyes and whaddaya see? Not much -
it's dark inside your large intestine."

>>> He seems to have a lot of free time.
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz is the SPAMKING of comp.os.linux.advocacy
>> "Roy Schestowitz is a career college student at some liberal
>> artsy university.

Little do the trolls know, Roy graduated. As far are employment
goes, Roy has not publicly shared that, but then there is no
reason to share that as it is none of these troll's business to
know.

>> He has never had a job or any responsibility in his life and
>> his poor parents have been supporting his butt for many
>> years.

Roy has not shared his financial means, part time employments and
scholarships, but then in reality it is none of these troll's
business to know.

>> Instead of actually graduating like you're supposed to this
>> proven liar spends 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including
>> all holidays) posting lies to every corner of the internet.

Roy has developed a methodology to his posting, research.
Maintains a fitness programme and uses his time wisely. Trolls
give him more credit to the time he spends posting than he in
actuality does. But then again, it is none of the troll's business.

>> He posts to a Microsoft-hate newsgroup called COLA for
>> instance where he finds the time to make thousands of posts
>> each month.

Trolls consider this a Microsoft hate group, because anything
competitive against Microsoft is considered hate. In reality,
much of the hate expressed is by these troll's ad hominem
attacks, doing everything in their power to attempt to silence
Linux advocacy.

>> Really... this is no exaggeration. He literally makes
>> several thousand posts per month to this lowly newsgroup
>> instead of studying or getting a job.

See? The focus is to rant on the individual, rather than comment
on the merits or weaknesses of the content of the individual's
posts. This is called an ad hominem attack.

>> He was posting so much and misusing his college computers so
>> much that after several warnings and complaints his school
>> had no choice but to suspend his internet posting
>> privileges.

The trolls have no morals or scruples. Universities are learning
environments; some if not all allow communication on the Usenet
as a medium of further learning, provided they do not interfere
with the learning environment. However, the trolls with their
hatred toward Linux advocacy and the possibility that it may
ultimately win out against proprietary Microsoft Windows software
will do everything in the power to silence it, including
contacting and complaining to employers, college administrations,
landlords, social affiliations, etc.

>> (He's not supposed to use school computers for personal
>> gain.)

Again, this FUD.

>> Now he uses Mark Kent's account (another linux liar) to spew
>> his lies and hatred from.

Just because they both have the same ISP does not imply usage.
Rather, this troll is expressing its lies and hatred.

>> He was recently found guilty of stealing artwork from other
>> websites and posting them on his site despite the clear and
>> obvious copyright warnings. He has no hesitation in
>> shamelessly stealing the work of others and posting it up on
>> his website as his own in order to try and make a few
>> pennies profit.

Again, this is 2-1/2 YO FUD. See post dated 08 Jun 2006:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5c4fb6d75517c9f7

>> Other than posting to COLA he has his own anti-Microsoft
>> website and created for-profit websites that attempt to
>> boycott linux vendors he doesn't like such as Novell,
>> Xandros and etc.

This off-site rant has no place in COLA.

>> His specialty is to take news stories and twist the headline
>> and contents of the story into something that was never
>> written.

Again, IMHO, this smacks of:

'Use ... the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that the
enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, ... associated with
mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
Bunny". Just keep rubbing it in, via the ... newsgroups, ... make
the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the
mythology of the computer industry.'

(Comes vs Microsoft lawsuit, Microsoft Evangelism document, PDF
pages 45 & 55 on http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

>> Unsuspecting readers will see the post from Roy Schestowitz
>> and assume it's the truth when in reality it's nothing but
>> lies, delusions, ravings and rants from this immature
>> child."

Snip rest of ad hominem links.

> Wow! There seems to be an entire subculture loose in this
> group! I was talking about Mr. Rex though. I must say that I
> enjoy reading Mr. Schestowitz's posts and at least from my
> perspective his private life is his own business. Some things
> I agree with and others I disagree with which is how life is
> lived. Wouldn't be a dull, boring planet if we all agreed with
> each other on everything?

You are correct about disagreement. However, if you follow their
posts, most are less than civil, consisting of nothing but ad
hominem rants and very little toward the discussion regarding the

benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.

That subculture is the anti-Linux Wintrolls in this newsgroup.
They are the uninvited guests, whose sole purpose is to undermine
Linux advocacy.

George Barca

Jan 23, 2009, 4:30:34 PM1/23/09
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:08:19 -0700, High Plains Thumper
<highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>You are correct about disagreement. However, if you follow their
>posts, most are less than civil, consisting of nothing but ad
>hominem rants and very little toward the discussion regarding the
>benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
>
>That subculture is the anti-Linux Wintrolls in this newsgroup.
>They are the uninvited guests, whose sole purpose is to undermine
>Linux advocacy.

I prefer to talk about Linux, Windows, Microsoft, Apple or
anything comparing them all. Life is far too short to sink to the
level where we behave like animals ripping each other apart in
order to win the battle. Pun intended. For myself I am a Windows
user however I have one Linux box and one Apple box and from
where I sit, they all have advantages and disadvantages. What do
see in the market place however is Linux and Apple moving forward
and Microsoft holding on for dear life. The financial's don't
tell the entire story. Think Enron where one day things, from the
outside, looked great and literally the next day the company went
under. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is going to happen
to Microsoft in the near future however I don't ignore the
possibility that they are in serious trouble.
George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

High Plains Thumper

Jan 23, 2009, 9:05:58 PM1/23/09
George Barca wrote:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> You are correct about disagreement. However, if you follow
>> their posts, most are less than civil, consisting of nothing
>> but ad hominem rants and very little toward the discussion
>> regarding the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
>> systems.
>>
>> That subculture is the anti-Linux Wintrolls in this
>> newsgroup. They are the uninvited guests, whose sole purpose
>> is to undermine Linux advocacy.
>
> I prefer to talk about Linux, Windows, Microsoft, Apple or
> anything comparing them all. Life is far too short to sink to
> the level where we behave like animals ripping each other
> apart in order to win the battle. Pun intended.

Having perused this newsgroup for the past couple years, most of
the time when I have posted Linux advocacy, have immediately been
followed up with attacks. This is unfortunate. Of those
attacking have been Hadron, Flatfish and nyms (Gary Stewart),
Clogwog and nyms (Rick Mather), amicus_curious (Bill Weisberger),
and a few others. Those attacks have mostly been ad hominem in
nature, not of what I posted but toward the poster.

Most noticeable is when posting Linux advocacy or countering a
troll's FUD, is the immediate revengeful posting of my former
home address, former phone numbers and former ISP, false
references to homosexuality, racial slurs, false accusing others
as my supposed nymshifts, every bit of humanly possible dirt
imaginable.

Flatfish accused Roy Schestowitz of gender transformation,
referring to other advocates including myself of having
homosexual relations with other advocates, ad nauseum.

Those who post about Linux advocacy will be attacked.

> For myself I am a Windows user however I have one Linux box
> and one Apple box and from where I sit, they all have
> advantages and disadvantages.

We all have both used and experienced Microsoft Windows and other
operating systems. This newsgroup charter does not prohibit
posting from a Windows computer, it simply states, "comparisons
of the benefits of Linux to other operating systems." However,
the trolls will attack a Windows using poster posting favourably
about Linux. They also attack posters, for example like DFS, who
accuses the poster of using Windows to support a living during
the day whilst posting using Linux at night.

> What do see in the market place however is Linux and Apple
> moving forward and Microsoft holding on for dear life. The
> financial's don't tell the entire story. Think Enron where one
> day things, from the outside, looked great and literally the
> next day the company went under. Don't get me wrong, I don't
> think this is going to happen to Microsoft in the near future
> however I don't ignore the possibility that they are in
> serious trouble.

There are I suppose good monopolies and bad ones. A good one was
Cox Industries, who made small displacement model aeroplane
engines. Mr. Cox developed a cost effective method to provide
high quality and powerful engines at less cost than the
competition. This is hence why that Cox dominated the industry
from the early 60's through early '90s. Other manufacturers
including Japanese engine manufacturers could not compete.

One saving grace with Cox was the low cost of their engines,
which benefited modellers everywhere. The suggested retail for a
.020 PeeWee or .049 Babee was around $3 to $4 US in the mid '60s.
Even into the '80s, costs were reasonable, $12 or less.

OTOH, Microsoft artificially kept prices up on their operating
system, even though development costs were well recouped.
Windows XP Home OEM retail is still around $90 US, same price as
it was when it was first distributed. When they had eliminated
the competition with their free bundling of the Office suite with
OEM's, I saw the price immediately go up considerably above the
competition's.

When there was competition, one could purchase among a number of
3rd parties. Quality was better than current Microsoft
offerings. There are still considerable annoyances with
Microsoft products. (Why can't text wrap in Micrsooft Outlook
calendar print out? Why doesn't moving the scroll bar in E-mail
list automatically scroll? And here is a gripe about Windows
Explorer. Why doesn't a search on text show at least one line of
text in the file with key text and the search criteria used when
completed? There are others, but I digress.)

I think the decline of Microsoft to be one of the best things for
competition. Prior to the domination by Windows, there were many
different computer systems and active learning. The home
computing industry provided low cost computers with at least a
BASIC interpreter, which allowed the average Joe to experience
and experiment with a programming language. There were cottage
industries springing up, providing games, business applications,
etc. There were articles on how to hardware hack, improve and
experiment with the systems. Creativity was at a high level.

When Microsoft dominated the industry, first thing I saw go was
BASIC. Now the owner was relegated to user status. Cottage
industries dried up and blew away. Dark ages of computing set in.

Now, Linux and derivatives enable bringing back the creativity
once again. All the software tools are there to experiment with.
For example, one doesn't need $5,000 US in Microsoft Windows
software to run a music home studio as Flatfish once boasted
about. OLPC with Linux gives children a chance to retry software
programming once again, that was taken away with Windows.

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 23, 2009, 9:39:01 PM1/23/09
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:05:58 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Most noticeable is when posting Linux advocacy or countering a
> troll's FUD, is the immediate revengeful posting of my former
> home address, former phone numbers and former ISP, false
> references to homosexuality, racial slurs, false accusing others
> as my supposed nymshifts, every bit of humanly possible dirt
> imaginable.
>
> Flatfish accused Roy Schestowitz of gender transformation,
> referring to other advocates including myself of having
> homosexual relations with other advocates, ad nauseum.
>
> Those who post about Linux advocacy will be attacked.

While I don't condone those kinds of bullshit responses, you have to
realize that you are one of those people that rubs others the wrong way.
Roy is another.

There are plenty of Linux advocates, who post interesting and pro linux
stuff that don't get attacked. You know why? They stick to the truth.

Ghost in the machine is a good example. Chris Alstrom, when he was much
more of a reasonable advocate, also didn't get much push back. The problem
is that once you start down the road of telling lies to advocate, then the
attacks come and then you likewise feel the need to attack back and it
becomes a vicious cycle.

Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people, yet
that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of nastiness at
me, does it?

So don't pretend like you're a saint in this matter. you're not.

> OTOH, Microsoft artificially kept prices up on their operating
> system, even though development costs were well recouped.

First, Microsoft's price for OS's was in line with others who were selling
OS's. OS/2 cost about the same as Windows, for isntance and MacOS costs
about the same as well when you factor in the fact that all MacOS disks are
upgrades (ie, you can't buy a Mac that wasn't sold without a license
initially, and you can't legally run MacOS on non-apple hardware, therefore
each version of MacOS is implicitly licensed as an upgrade).

> Windows XP Home OEM retail is still around $90 US, same price as
> it was when it was first distributed. When they had eliminated
> the competition with their free bundling of the Office suite with
> OEM's, I saw the price immediately go up considerably above the
> competition's.

And why hasn't MacOS pricing gone down? Why hasn't the cost of a
commercial SuSE or Mandriva license gone down over the years?

Your argument doesn't seem to conform to reality of everyone else. Not
only that, but Microsoft has continued to upgarde XP over the years,
releasing a number of new versions (including 64 bit, Media Center, Tablet
PC, Service Packs (which were as much work as an entire new OS release,
really) as well. So this "recoup costs" argument is also kind of
pointless, since Microsoft is ALWAYS working on new versions.

Can you name a *SINGLE* OS that has come down in price over the years? I
sure can't.

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 23, 2009, 8:53:23 PM1/23/09

Snit

Jan 23, 2009, 10:37:51 PM1/23/09
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> stated in post
1835190.f...@schestowitz.com on 1/22/09 5:53 PM:

Wow. Apple has one Jobs take a leave for a few months and the stock dives.
What will happen with MS completely losing 10,000+ Jobs?

Oh.

What was that?

Never mind.

:)

--
The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

Snit

Jan 23, 2009, 10:54:06 PM1/23/09
"George Barca" <georgeb...@gmail.com> stated in post
bedkn4hjjobbnippe...@4ax.com on 1/23/09 2:30 PM:

Absolutely agree. I would much prefer to see discussions on technology than
the foolish personal attacks, *especially* the complete absurdity of posting
people's personal info to try to subvert Google searches, make an implied
threat, or otherwise make someone reasonably feel threatened. Utter
nonsense.

Sadly there are too few like us who feel that way... but if you, I, and
others who feel this way point out when people act in ways that are
unacceptable maybe they will get the message.

Maybe not.

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

Snit

Jan 23, 2009, 10:57:38 PM1/23/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> stated in post
497a7788$0$3336$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org on 1/23/09 7:05 PM:

> George Barca wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> You are correct about disagreement. However, if you follow
>>> their posts, most are less than civil, consisting of nothing
>>> but ad hominem rants and very little toward the discussion
>>> regarding the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
>>> systems.
>>>
>>> That subculture is the anti-Linux Wintrolls in this
>>> newsgroup. They are the uninvited guests, whose sole purpose
>>> is to undermine Linux advocacy.
>>
>> I prefer to talk about Linux, Windows, Microsoft, Apple or
>> anything comparing them all. Life is far too short to sink to
>> the level where we behave like animals ripping each other
>> apart in order to win the battle. Pun intended.
>
> Having perused this newsgroup for the past couple years, most of
> the time when I have posted Linux advocacy, have immediately been
> followed up with attacks. This is unfortunate. Of those
> attacking have been Hadron, Flatfish and nyms (Gary Stewart),
> Clogwog and nyms (Rick Mather), amicus_curious (Bill Weisberger),
> and a few others. Those attacks have mostly been ad hominem in
> nature, not of what I posted but toward the poster.

I have been attacked a lot for my comments about Linux... but I do not
believe by any of the people you list. I would name names, but, really, I
just want it to stop.

> Most noticeable is when posting Linux advocacy or countering a
> troll's FUD, is the immediate revengeful posting of my former
> home address, former phone numbers and former ISP, false
> references to homosexuality, racial slurs, false accusing others
> as my supposed nymshifts, every bit of humanly possible dirt
> imaginable.

I have been the target of much of that. It is despicable when people sink
to that level. I am glad to see you note the inappropriateness of such
actions.

> Flatfish accused Roy Schestowitz of gender transformation,
> referring to other advocates including myself of having
> homosexual relations with other advocates, ad nauseum.
>
> Those who post about Linux advocacy will be attacked.

Some of us are, yes.

I think the Apple guys have a very good point when they say we should let
designers lead the definition of the user experience.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 24, 2009, 2:30:15 AM1/24/09

I just have one comment concerning this troll. The only thing
that Mr. Funkenbusch has over others is experience. The lying
manipulative manner, introducing false accusations is nothing new.

For one, Roy Schestowitz's only one so called sin against the
Wintrolls is his posts, which contains bits of truth about Linux,
the OS market place and things of interest to the Linux
community. Only on an occasion does he interject personal
opinion, most are direct quotes for all to see. To call him
someone who rubs people wrong is simply not true.

Regarding Microsoft's OS, I have seen very little change in my
copies of Windows XP Home. Yes, I have faithfully kept them
updated with service packs, but they still remain the same basic
operating system that they were installed as 6 years ago. The
only difference is that with the service packs corrected memory
allocation instabilities. Now Command and Conquer Generals does
not require a reboot after play, whereas 6 years ago it did.
Else, the system would become unstable.

Regarding 64 bit, tablet and media versions, I have no need of
these. I don't consider them as improvements to my dual boot
Win32 versions, so they don't apply.

I don't appreciate Mr. Funkenbusch's insinuations that advocates
such as I are don't stick to the truth (essentially spread lies)
and so called "rub people" in the wrong direction.

The caustic insulting nature of the Wintrolls herein, including
Erik Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, DFS, Rick Mather (Clogwog and nyms),
Gary Stewart (Flatfish and nyms), the Douglas perp, Bill
Weisberger (amicus_curious and nyms), Michael Glasser (Snit,
Rhino Plastee and nyms) certainly hasn't been appreciated by the
Linux community, placing the entire posting community in a
defensive posture.

This is one of the reasons that advocates provided Section 7.6,
Disinformation Tactics in the official FAQ found at

which was officially approved and sanctioned by the community.

It is also one of the reasons why an advocate provided the blog

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

Some think it is originated by Roy Culley. There are others it
could be, who I don't know. At this point, it matters little.

The following is true. The Microsoft Corporation has been
declared by both the US and EU courts of being a monopoly that
practises monopoly maintenance.

According to the US Department of Justice, Microsoft engaged in
anticompetitive licensing of its operating system to dominate the
competition:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f0000/0046.htm

[quote]
The United States of America, acting under the direction of the
Attorney General of the United States, brings this civil action
to prevent and restrain the defendant Microsoft Corporation
("Microsoft") from using exclusionary and anticompetitive
contracts to market its personal computer operating system
software. By these contracts, Microsoft has unlawfully maintained
its monopoly of personal computer ("PC") operating systems and
has unreasonably restrained trade.

Virtually all major PC manufacturers find it necessary to offer
Microsoft operating systems on most of their PCs. Microsoft's
monopoly power allows it to induce these manufacturers to enter
into anticompetitive, long-term licenses under which they must
pay royalties to Microsoft not only when they sell PCs containing
Microsoft's operating systems, but also when they sell PCs
containing non-Microsoft operating systems.

These anticompetitive contracts help Microsoft maintain its
dominance in the PC operating system market. By inhibiting
competing operating systems' access to PC manufacturers,
Microsoft's exclusionary contracts slow innovation and deprive
consumers of an effective choice among competing PC operating
systems.

These contracts outlined below constitute illegal monopo-
lization and unlawful restraints of trade, and the United States
seeks this Court's order declaring Microsoft's anticompetitive
contracts illegal and otherwise remedying the unlawful effects of
Microsoft's anticompetitive conduct.
[/quote]

US Department of Justice regarding anticompetitive acts against
IBM with regarding to Windows 95 and Lotus:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm

[quote]
122. The IBM PC Company had begun negotiations with Microsoft
for a Windows 95 license in late March 1995. For the first two
months, the negotiations had progressed smoothly and at an
expected pace. After IBM announced its intention to acquire
Lotus, though, the Microsoft negotiators began canceling meetings
with their IBM counterparts, failing to return telephone calls,
and delaying the return of marked-up license drafts that they
received from IBM. Then, on July 20, 1995, just three days after
IBM announced its intention to pre-install SmartSuite on its PCs,
a Microsoft executive informed his counterpart at the IBM PC
Company that Microsoft was terminating further negotiations with
IBM for a license to Windows 95. Microsoft also refused to
release to the PC Company the Windows 95 "golden master" code.
The PC Company needed the code for its product planning and
development, and IBM executives knew that Microsoft had released
it to IBM's OEM competitors on July 17. Microsoft's purported
reason for halting the negotiations was that it wanted first to
resolve an ongoing audit of IBM's past royalty payments to
Microsoft for several different operating systems.
[/quote]

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f0100/0102.htm

[quote]
This Court cannot ignore the obvious. Here is the dominant firm
in the software industry admitting it "preannounces" products to
freeze the current software market and thereby defeat the
marketing plans of competitors that have products ready for
market. Microsoft admits that the preannouncement is solely for
the purpose of having an adverse impact on a competitor's
product. Its counsel states it has advised its client that the
practice is perfectly legal and it may continue the practice.
This practice of an alleged monopolist would seem to contribute
to the acquisition, maintenance, or exercise of market share.
[/quote]

Following describes Microsoft's anticompetitive acts to inhibit
competition by preventing others from successfully integrating
their products with Windows:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/ms_tuncom/major/mtc-00029523.htm

[quote]
As recognized in the CIS and D.C. Circuit Court opinion,
Microsoft has prevented competitors from offering meaningful
Middleware alternatives in three main ways: (1) Microsoft has
taken advantage of the fluidity of software to continually
reconfigure its products in ways that make it difficult or
impossible for even superior middleware offerings of competitors
to remain viable; (2) Microsoft has refused to disclose interface
information that would enable competitors to offer middleware
products that operate effectively; and (3) Microsoft has engaged
in coercive sales and marketing tactics that force distributors
and consumers to favor even inferior Microsoft products over
those of competitors. See CIS, 66 Fed. Reg. at 59,461.

Microsoft's refusal to disclose meaningful and timely interface
information has been especially damaging to competitors, like
Novell, who have repeatedly demonstrated their ability to develop
superior alternatives to Microsoft products in the increasingly
rare instances in which they have been able to obtain, or
ascertain on their own, the critical interface information that
allows for the effective interoperation of their middleware with
Microsoft operating systems. As a result, the public is denied
the benefits of innovation and the opportunity to choose among
competing alternatives.

The CIS recognizes that meaningful disclosure of interface
information by Microsoft is essential to effective relief. The
CIS explains: "[T]he effect of Section III.D [of the RPFJ] is to
assure to Non-Microsoft Middleware meaningful access to the same
services provided by the operating system as those available to
Microsoft Middleware. Microsoft Middleware will not have access
to any hidden or proprietary features of Windows Operating System
Products that might allow it to operate more effectively." Id. at
59,468. Unfortunately, the RPFJ again fails to deliver on DoJ's
purported goal.
[/quote]

Here, we see instances of Microsoft moving the goal posts, to
achieve monopolization:

[quote]
In contrast to the RPFJ, a meaningful remedy must account for the
fact that Microsoft manipulates interface information in a
variety of ways to preclude competition. Although too numerous to
recount, Microsoft's tactics include:

* "Secret Interfaces" - Microsoft does not publish all the
interfaces it uses and does not publish all the interface
information that others need to develop products that
interoperate with Microsoft software.

* "Crippled Interfaces" - For some functions, Microsoft
publishes information about an interface that is inferior to the
interface that Microsoft itself uses to accomplish a function, or
publishes incomplete information about an interface.

* "Kick Me Interfaces" - Sometimes, Microsoft publishes
information about an interface that Microsoft uses to perform a
function, but it "marks" non-Microsoft software in a way that
assures the interface will operate in an inferior way. Microsoft
can "mark" competitors software through tagging, signing,
encrypted passwords, or by noting the absence of such features.

* "Moving Interfaces" - If, by some means, a third party has
been able to obtain adequate interface information that Microsoft
doesn't want it to have, Microsoft will simply move the
interface. For example, Novell successfully figured out how to
enable its directory services software to interoperate with
Windows NT. To counter Novell's success, in Windows 2000
Microsoft broke up and moved the computer files containing the
interface information used by Novell and marked, or signed,
information required for the interfaces so that Novell could
neither use Microsoft's interface information nor replace it.

The typical result of such tactics is that Microsoft makes
competing products appear inferior to Microsoft's products.
Microsoft's actions may make a competing product appear slower,
require more memory, or perform with limited functionality. These
tactics also enable Microsoft to persuade customers to buy
Microsoft's inferior and/or more expensive products simply to
avoid Microsoft's roadblocks.(15)
[/quote]

With such uncompetitive tactics, I think it is time for a change
in the market place, with other operating systems having an
opportunity to fill its place.

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 24, 2009, 3:36:17 AM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:30:15 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

>> Can you name a *SINGLE* OS that has come down in price over
>> the years? I sure can't.

Note: He didn't answer the question. That speaks volumes.

> For one, Roy Schestowitz's only one so called sin against the
> Wintrolls is his posts, which contains bits of truth about Linux,
> the OS market place and things of interest to the Linux
> community. Only on an occasion does he interject personal
> opinion, most are direct quotes for all to see. To call him
> someone who rubs people wrong is simply not true.

No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false. Things he has admitted
to knowing are false, yet continues to repost them. Things he's been
notified are false, yet does nothing. He's not beyond character
assasinations himself, as Tim has documented here, and rather than
retracting his comments, he uses HTML markup to "cross out" things, which
doesn't remove the text from the search engines. In other words, he
doesn't bother to change the semantic meaning of his prattle and relies on
visual markup to pretend he's doing a retraction.

He claims anyone that disagrees with him is employed by Microsoft, and has
gotten into some serious trouble over this. See:

http://sites.google.com/site/gordymichaels/thoughts-on-advocacy/hit-jobs-gone-wrong

> Regarding Microsoft's OS, I have seen very little change in my
> copies of Windows XP Home. Yes, I have faithfully kept them
> updated with service packs, but they still remain the same basic
> operating system that they were installed as 6 years ago. The
> only difference is that with the service packs corrected memory
> allocation instabilities. Now Command and Conquer Generals does
> not require a reboot after play, whereas 6 years ago it did.
> Else, the system would become unstable.
>
> Regarding 64 bit, tablet and media versions, I have no need of
> these. I don't consider them as improvements to my dual boot
> Win32 versions, so they don't apply.

Well, i've not seen any change to my 10 year old copy of linux sitting here
either, so I guess Linux is never updated either.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Just because YOU don't see a change
doesn't mean Microsoft isn't spending money on Windows.

In case you've forgotten, you claimed that the cost of New copies of
Windows XP today should have gone down in price because, according to you,
Microsoft hasn't spent any more money on it and has recouped all their
costs.

Now why would you change the goalposts like that? Oh, maybe because you
don't want to admit that you made a stupid mistake and want to weasel out
of it.

> I don't appreciate Mr. Funkenbusch's insinuations that advocates
> such as I are don't stick to the truth (essentially spread lies)
> and so called "rub people" in the wrong direction.

You don't stick to the truth, and i've documented many of your lies, as
well as Roy's, as have others. This is so flagrant and so common that it
has to be intentional.

Need we remind you how were pretending to be multiple people Mr. Nymshifter
Rafael? You don't call that dishonest?

> This is one of the reasons that advocates provided Section 7.6,
> Disinformation Tactics in the official FAQ found at

No, it's why you keep posting bullshit trying to make people forget about
your dishonesty.

So, I'll ask again.

RonB

Jan 24, 2009, 3:44:35 AM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:36:17 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch
<er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> wrote:

> No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false. Things he has
> admitted to knowing are false, yet continues to repost them. Things
> he's been
> notified are false, yet does nothing.

Bullshit. Roy's great "sin" is that he keeps the fucking WinTrolls from
monopolizing COLA.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

Snit

Jan 24, 2009, 7:13:16 AM1/24/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> stated in post
497ac388$0$3339$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org on 1/24/09 12:30 AM:

> The caustic insulting nature of the Wintrolls herein, including
> Erik Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, DFS, Rick Mather (Clogwog and nyms),
> Gary Stewart (Flatfish and nyms), the Douglas perp, Bill
> Weisberger (amicus_curious and nyms), Michael Glasser (Snit,
> Rhino Plastee and nyms) certainly hasn't been appreciated by the
> Linux community, placing the entire posting community in a
> defensive posture.

Look at you... lashing out against me (and others) while accusing me (and
others) of wrong doing.

Look in the mirror.

--
When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
When God changes your mind, that's faith.

William Poaster

Jan 24, 2009, 9:13:56 AM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:44:35 -0600, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, RonB was heard to say:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:36:17 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch
> <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> wrote:
>
>> No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false.

Like FUDdenbusch did with these "claims", like

1] Where does NTFS store its journal?

2] How did the Morris worm spread by email?

3] What about using MS TT fonts on Linux?

4]Can he provide evidence for plenty of examples of competing ISO
standards?

And what about FUDdenbusch claim about Linux & the "thousands of root
exploits per month", which he was found to be making it all up?

> > Things he has admitted to knowing are false, yet continues to repost

> > them. Thing he's been notified are false, yet does nothing.

The words "glass houses" & "stones" come to mind....

> Bullshit. Roy's great "sin" is that he keeps the fucking WinTrolls from
> monopolizing COLA.

That's why they whine & moan. F#ck 'em.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 24, 2009, 9:46:29 AM1/24/09
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper stated:

>> The caustic insulting nature of the Wintrolls herein,
>> including Erik Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, DFS, Rick Mather
>> (Clogwog and nyms), Gary Stewart (Flatfish and nyms), the
>> Douglas perp, Bill Weisberger (amicus_curious and nyms),
>> Michael Glasser (Snit, Rhino Plastee and nyms) certainly
>> hasn't been appreciated by the Linux community, placing the
>> entire posting community in a defensive posture.
>
> Look at you... lashing out against me (and others) while
> accusing me (and others) of wrong doing.
>
> Look in the mirror.

Yes, why don't we look in the mirror?

121- RonB: "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's thing is
twisting your words so he can win an argument against a straw
man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

122- Sermo Malifer
Snit: "Why do so many people in COLA argue *against* me..."
Sermo Malifer: "Because you're a narcissistic troll who posts
trash just to get people talking about you." 21 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ddf14f502e9b3f1

123- cc (COLA): "Snit posts all the time. You don't have to dig
up months old articles where he brings up years old topics. Just
respond to a current message." 22 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5a712e3312ba9f8a

Rest of the other 120 direct poster quotes regarding the Snit
Circus of pathological lies may be found at:

http://tinyurl.com/9858jv

William Poaster

Jan 24, 2009, 9:56:29 AM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 07:46:29 -0700, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, High Plains Thumper was heard to say:

> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:
>>
>>> The caustic insulting nature of the Wintrolls herein, including Erik
>>> Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, DFS, Rick Mather (Clogwog and nyms), Gary
>>> Stewart (Flatfish and nyms), the Douglas perp, Bill Weisberger
>>> (amicus_curious and nyms), Michael Glasser (Snit, Rhino Plastee and
>>> nyms) certainly hasn't been appreciated by the Linux community, placing
>>> the entire posting community in a defensive posture.
>>
>> Look at you... lashing out against me (and others) while accusing me
>> (and others) of wrong doing.
>>
>> Look in the mirror.
>
> Yes, why don't we look in the mirror?

Seems that Michael Snit Glasser, the Prescott Computer Guy, doesn't think
that the attempted threat of blackmail to someone, isn't wrong doing.
What a strange world that troll lives in.

Snit

Jan 24, 2009, 10:12:32 AM1/24/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> stated in post
497b29c5$0$3340$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org on 1/24/09 7:46 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:
>>
>>> The caustic insulting nature of the Wintrolls herein,
>>> including Erik Funkenbusch, Tim Smith, DFS, Rick Mather
>>> (Clogwog and nyms), Gary Stewart (Flatfish and nyms), the
>>> Douglas perp, Bill Weisberger (amicus_curious and nyms),
>>> Michael Glasser (Snit, Rhino Plastee and nyms) certainly
>>> hasn't been appreciated by the Linux community, placing the
>>> entire posting community in a defensive posture.
>>
>> Look at you... lashing out against me (and others) while
>> accusing me (and others) of wrong doing.
>>
>> Look in the mirror.
>
> Yes, why don't we look in the mirror?

I have... and like you, I cannot find any comments of *mine* that support
your views. Neither can you:

> 121- RonB:

Not me.

> 122- Sermo Malifer

Not me.

> 123- cc (COLA):

Not me.

> Rest of the other 120 direct poster ...

But none are *me*.

See, you cannot find a single comment from *me* to support your BS.

--
Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

Snit

Jan 24, 2009, 10:12:47 AM1/24/09
"William Poaster" <w...@ubuntu-hardy64.org> stated in post
pan.2009.01.24....@ubuntu-hardy64.org on 1/24/09 7:56 AM:

You sure beg for my attention a lot.

--
But if you are somebody who is not too concerned about price, who is not too
concerned about freedom, I don't think we can say the Linux desktop offers

Sinister Midget

Jan 24, 2009, 11:27:13 AM1/24/09
On 2009-01-24, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:

> There are plenty of Linux advocates, who post interesting and pro linux
> stuff that don't get attacked. You know why? They stick to the truth.
>
> Ghost in the machine is a good example. Chris Alstrom, when he was much
> more of a reasonable advocate, also didn't get much push back. The problem
> is that once you start down the road of telling lies to advocate, then the
> attacks come and then you likewise feel the need to attack back and it
> becomes a vicious cycle.
>
> Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people, yet
> that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of nastiness at
> me, does it?

This is much like one of Hadron's "memories" about "schooling" people.
It would be nice if it had something of a grain of truth.

I take note you didn't mention anything about truthfulness wrt
yourself, while you bemoaned the lack of your perception of truth on
the part of linux users. Therein lies some of the problem.

I also note your lack of mention of the trolls lying their asses off,
but you can't help yourself when talking about linux advocates on the
same subject. Therein lies the majority of the rest of the problem.

The remainder of the problem crops up because you and your ilk want to
start cat fights every time a linux user posts something. Such as how
you react to Roy's posts constantly. Or how Quack can't control himself
attacking linux users' posts.

Yes, fights happen from both directions. But if you troll clowns would
keep your yaps shut and stop attacking everything an advocate writes,
attacks would fall off to a very small percentage.

But trolls can't help themselves. Including you, which is why you can't
control yourself from attacking Roy, even when what you're attacking
contain no words at all from Roy. And when you can't attack his posts,
you attack him for posting them in the first place.

Physician, heal thyself, you effin' hypocrite!

--
VISTA: Virtually Incapable of Supporting The Applications

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 24, 2009, 11:43:26 AM1/24/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

< snip >

> Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people, yet
> that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of nastiness at
> me, does it?

You mean lying your ass off while "being civil" is nothing to you

> So don't pretend like you're a saint in this matter. you're not.

Well, he had plenty of "example". You, Hadron Snot Quark, DumbFullShit,
Snot Michael Glasser, flatfish Gary Stewart.
Basically the filthiest scum posting on usenet. No matter how "civil".

And no, none of you guys deserve being dealt with "civil". You are quite
simply liars of the worst sort. Apart from the fact that your 99.9% figure
is total bullshit. You got a lot nastier when you where treated like that
liar you really are

< snip more Erik F droppings >
--
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Hadron

Jan 24, 2009, 12:10:53 PM1/24/09
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2009-01-24, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:
>
>> There are plenty of Linux advocates, who post interesting and pro linux
>> stuff that don't get attacked. You know why? They stick to the truth.
>>
>> Ghost in the machine is a good example. Chris Alstrom, when he was much
>> more of a reasonable advocate, also didn't get much push back. The problem
>> is that once you start down the road of telling lies to advocate, then the
>> attacks come and then you likewise feel the need to attack back and it
>> becomes a vicious cycle.
>>
>> Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people, yet
>> that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of nastiness at
>> me, does it?
>
> This is much like one of Hadron's "memories" about "schooling" people.
> It would be nice if it had something of a grain of truth.

You mean the memories I backed up with links to? Wow! Google is getting
good.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 24, 2009, 12:14:50 PM1/24/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>>> Can you name a *SINGLE* OS that has come down in price
>>> over the years? I sure can't.
>
> Note: He didn't answer the question. That speaks volumes.

No, rather it speaks volumes of this Funkenbusch troll. It
selectively snipped away portions it did not want to hear of,
especially regarding the truth about Microsoft's anti-competitive
monopoly maintenance practises. However, it is captured all in
its glory in Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/ee336af603a1951b

It is actions like this that also earned Funkenbusch a record in
the COLA Trolls Blogspot:

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/erik-funkenbusch-troll.html

[quote]
Traits:

* Microsoft apologist with no peer
* Spreads FUD about Linux, OSS & GPL (did the same when OS/2
was a threat to Microsoft)
* Habitual liar
* When caught lying runs away
* Will resort to unethical means to denigrate Linux advocates
- always fails
* Funkenbusch is utterly devoid of ethical values
* Known to cross post to other Linux newsgroups in a futile
attempt at causing more disruption
* Obsessed with Roy Schestowitz
* Racist (see below regarding 419 scams)
[/quote]

>> For one, Roy Schestowitz's only one so called sin against
>> the Wintrolls is his posts, which contains bits of truth
>> about Linux, the OS market place and things of interest to
>> the Linux community. Only on an occasion does he interject
>> personal opinion, most are direct quotes for all to see. To
>> call him someone who rubs people wrong is simply not true.
>
> No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false. Things he
> has admitted to knowing are false, yet continues to repost
> them. Things he's been notified are false, yet does nothing.
> He's not beyond character assasinations himself, as Tim has
> documented here, and rather than retracting his comments, he
> uses HTML markup to "cross out" things, which doesn't remove
> the text from the search engines. In other words, he doesn't
> bother to change the semantic meaning of his prattle and
> relies on visual markup to pretend he's doing a retraction.
>
> He claims anyone that disagrees with him is employed by
> Microsoft, and has gotten into some serious trouble over this.
> See:
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/gordymichaels/thoughts-on-advocacy/hit-jobs-gone-wrong

No, rather Mr. Schestowitz hit the nail on the head. After all,
it isn't the first time Microsoft has had its hand caught in the
cookie jar. Wiki had this to say when Microsoft hired a blogger
to make modifications, citing to "correct inaccuracies":

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/24/tech/main2392719.shtml

[quote]
Microsoft Violates Wikipedia's Sacred Rule
Software Giant Offered Blogger Money To Change Postings On
Encyclopedia Web Site

Jan. 24, 2007 | by Francie Grace

(AP) Microsoft Corp. landed in the Wikipedia doghouse Tuesday
after it offered to pay a blogger to change technical articles on
the community-produced Web encyclopedia site.

While Wikipedia is known as the encyclopedia that anyone can
tweak, founder Jimmy Wales and his cadre of volunteer editors,
writers and moderators have blocked public-relations firms,
campaign workers and anyone else perceived as having a conflict
of interest from posting fluff or slanting entries. So paying for
Wikipedia copy is considered a definite no-no.

"We were very disappointed to hear that Microsoft was taking that
approach," Wales said.

Microsoft acknowledged it had approached the writer and offered
to pay him for the time it would take to correct what the company
was sure were inaccuracies in Wikipedia articles on an
open-source document standard and a rival format put forward by
Microsoft.
[/quote]

Microsoft has been known to engage in a falsified letter writing
campaign to build artificial support for leniency in anti-trust
lawsuits it is involved with:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2001-08-23-microsoft-letters.htm

[quote]
08/23/2001 - Updated 11:30 AM ET
Report: Microsoft funded 'grass roots' campaign

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Microsoft has been helping to fund a
letter-writing campaign to pressure state attorneys general to go
easy in their antitrust lawsuits against the software giant, the
Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

Two letters sent earlier this year to Utah Attorney General Mark
Shurtleff contained the names of dead people, the newspaper said.

The letter-writing campaign targeted some of the 18 attorneys
general whose states have joined the U.S. Justice Department in a
sweeping antitrust lawsuit. No two letters are identical but some
contain similar wording and appeared to be written spontaneously
by ordinary people, the newspaper said.

"It's sleazy," said Minnesota Attorney General Mike Hatch, whose
office received about 300 pro-Microsoft letters. "This is not a
company that appears to be bothered by ethical boundaries."
[/quote]

Microsoft has also maintained an evangelistic philosophy,
"Evangelism is War" as a part of their evangelistic jihad:

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/02/19/microsofts-jihad-be-afraid-be-very-afraid/

or http://tinyurl.com/2mmjsa

February 19th, 2008
Microsoft’s Jihad - Be afraid. Be very afraid…

[quote]
It is really mind boggling the depths to which they stoop to
achieve “World Domination”. This is verbatim copy from Microsoft
presentations and other internal material. [Emphasis mine]

Evangelism Is War

Our mission is to establish Microsoft’s platforms as the de
facto standards throughout the computer industry. Our enemies are
the vendors of platforms that compete with ours [....]

5: Jihad [....]

Working behind the scenes to orchestrate “independent”
praise of our technology, and damnation of the enemy’s, is a key
evangelism function during the Slog. “Independent” analyst’s
report should be issued, praising your technology and damning the
competitors (or ignoring them). “Independent” consultants should
write columns and articles, give conference presentations and
moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting them up
as experts in the new technology, available for just $200/hour).
“Independent” academic sources should be cultivated and quoted
(and research money granted). “Independent” courseware providers
should start profiting from their early involvement in our
technology. Every possible source of leverage should be sought
and turned to our advantage…
[/quote]

The Comes versus Microsoft lawsuit exposed Microsoft's
evangelistic Jihad in newsgroups:

'Use ... the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that the
enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, ... associated with
mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
Bunny". Just keep rubbing it in, via the ... newsgroups, ... make
the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the
mythology of the computer industry.'

(Comes vs Microsoft lawsuit, Microsoft Evangelism document, PDF

pages 45 & 55 on http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf )

Given the lack of historical credence with the Microsoft
Corporation, I would say that Mr. Funkenbusch's accusations
against Mr. Schestowitz have little basis to stand on.

>> Regarding Microsoft's OS, I have seen very little change in
>> my copies of Windows XP Home. Yes, I have faithfully kept
>> them updated with service packs, but they still remain the
>> same basic operating system that they were installed as 6
>> years ago. The only difference is that with the service
>> packs corrected memory allocation instabilities. Now
>> Command and Conquer Generals does not require a reboot after
>> play, whereas 6 years ago it did. Else, the system would
>> become unstable.
>>
>> Regarding 64 bit, tablet and media versions, I have no need
>> of these. I don't consider them as improvements to my dual
>> boot Win32 versions, so they don't apply.
>
> Well, i've not seen any change to my 10 year old copy of linux
> sitting here either, so I guess Linux is never updated either.

If only Mr. Funkenbusch would download a latest copy (free BTW),
he would be able to see the difference. However, I have doubts.

> Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Just because YOU don't
> see a change doesn't mean Microsoft isn't spending money on
> Windows.

Yes, it does sound rather stupid that the truth is only a
download away. And Microsoft is strictly for profit only
company, damned be the user. If it can get away with minimal
fixes (like it did with Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 95 OSR2,
Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, etc.) that still did not
correct problems with crashes, it will.

> In case you've forgotten, you claimed that the cost of New
> copies of Windows XP today should have gone down in price
> because, according to you, Microsoft hasn't spent any more
> money on it and has recouped all their costs.

Because it simply did. I don't consider bug fixes as being value
adds. What new features did they add in their service packs,
except for newer versions of Direct-X and Windows Media Player?
Did they improve Notepad? Wordpad? Add a new game? Provide a
consumer edition of interpreter BASIC like they used to, so
Windows could be an educational learning experience like it used
to be in DOS and Win 3.1?

> Now why would you change the goalposts like that? Oh, maybe
> because you don't want to admit that you made a stupid mistake
> and want to weasel out of it.

Goalpost mover, stupid mistake, weasel? I only see one, and that
is Erik.

>> I don't appreciate Mr. Funkenbusch's insinuations that
>> advocates such as I are don't stick to the truth
>> (essentially spread lies) and so called "rub people" in the
>> wrong direction.
>
> You don't stick to the truth, and i've documented many of your
> lies, as well as Roy's, as have others. This is so flagrant
> and so common that it has to be intentional.

Oh, really? Rather on many an occasion, I have posted the truth
only to watch you slink away.

> Need we remind you how were pretending to be multiple people
> Mr. Nymshifter Rafael? You don't call that dishonest?

Oh, so I used an alternate nym in other newsgroups and used a
couple times in COLA. So what? I noticed you said little about
prolific nymshifter Gary M. Stewart, the Linux-Sux troll, Rick
Mather (Clogwog, Kadaitcha Man and other nyms), Hadron (Steve
Townsend, Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider) and others. We have a
term for that, it is called "hypocrisy".

>> This is one of the reasons that advocates provided Section
>> 7.6, Disinformation Tactics in the official FAQ found at
>
> No, it's why you keep posting bullshit trying to make people
> forget about your dishonesty.
>
> So, I'll ask again.

Your just another dishonest useless troll stealing bandwidth in
this newsgroup.

[snip]

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 24, 2009, 12:23:05 PM1/24/09
Hadron wrote:

> Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 2009-01-24, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:
>>
>>> There are plenty of Linux advocates, who post interesting and pro
>>> linux
>>> stuff that don't get attacked. You know why? They stick to the
>>> truth.
>>>
>>> Ghost in the machine is a good example. Chris Alstrom, when he was
>>> much
>>> more of a reasonable advocate, also didn't get much push back. The
>>> problem is that once you start down the road of telling lies to
>>> advocate, then the attacks come and then you likewise feel the need to
>>> attack back and it becomes a vicious cycle.
>>>
>>> Likewise, 99.9% of my posts are very civil and don't insult people,
>>> yet that doesn't stop Linux advocates from throwing all kinds of
>>> nastiness at me, does it?
>>
>> This is much like one of Hadron's "memories" about "schooling" people.
>> It would be nice if it had something of a grain of truth.
>
> You mean the memories I backed up with links to? Wow! Google is getting
> good.

Fine, "true linux advocate" Hadron Snot Quark
In that case it should be extremely easy to provide some evidence

Although I bet you will not. And evade it by making silly accusations that
nobody here "deserves" your precious proof

to remove offending incompatible products. Reactivate your MS software

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 24, 2009, 4:53:04 PM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:13:56 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:44:35 -0600, above the shrieking & whining of the
> trolls, RonB was heard to say:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 02:36:17 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch
>> <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, his sin is posting things he *KNOWS* are false.
>
> Like FUDdenbusch did with these "claims", like

Half a dozen issues from *YEARS* of COLA posts. How lame. And if I'm
wrong about something I don't keep posting about it. Roy does.

>>> Things he has admitted to knowing are false, yet continues to repost
>>> them. Thing he's been notified are false, yet does nothing.
>
> The words "glass houses" & "stones" come to mind....

Gee, please point out where I continue to repost things i've admitted to
knowing are wrong.

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 24, 2009, 5:36:47 PM1/24/09
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:14:50 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

>> He claims anyone that disagrees with him is employed by
>> Microsoft, and has gotten into some serious trouble over this.
>> See:
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/gordymichaels/thoughts-on-advocacy/hit-jobs-gone-wrong
>
> No, rather Mr. Schestowitz hit the nail on the head.

No, he did not. He was wrong, and it took quite some time for him to admit
it. Only after shane came in and basically threatened to kick him out of
boycottnovell. Even then, he didn't remove the claim, just "crossed it
out" using html markup so it wouldn't affect the google cache.

He was wrong, and he knew it, and it took threats of his "job" to get him
to admit it, and then he only half assed removed it. No appology.

How "moral" is it to tar and feather someone who's only sin was to try and
make a wikipedia article follow the wikipedia guidelines?

> After all,
> it isn't the first time Microsoft has had its hand caught in the
> cookie jar. Wiki had this to say when Microsoft hired a blogger
> to make modifications, citing to "correct inaccuracies":

IT WASN'T MICROSOFT. HE DIDN'T REMOVE THE MATERIAL ROY SAID HE DID. His
only fault was trying to make the article better by working some other
material into the article itself, which isn't a fault at all and is what it
was supposed to have done.

Regardless of what you believe may have happened in the past does *NOT*
excuse you and Roy from tarring and feathering someone who did not deserve
it.

[bunch of bullshit that has nothing to do with the facts removed. Stop
trying to baffle people with bullshit George. You're nowhere near as good
as Rex is at it.]

>>> Regarding 64 bit, tablet and media versions, I have no need
>>> of these. I don't consider them as improvements to my dual
>>> boot Win32 versions, so they don't apply.
>>
>> Well, i've not seen any change to my 10 year old copy of linux
>> sitting here either, so I guess Linux is never updated either.
>
> If only Mr. Funkenbusch would download a latest copy (free BTW),
> he would be able to see the difference. However, I have doubts.

And if only you would have looked at all the other versions of XP out
there, you would have been able to see the difference.

Duh.

>> Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Just because YOU don't
>> see a change doesn't mean Microsoft isn't spending money on
>> Windows.
>
> Yes, it does sound rather stupid that the truth is only a
> download away. And Microsoft is strictly for profit only
> company, damned be the user. If it can get away with minimal
> fixes (like it did with Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 95 OSR2,
> Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, etc.) that still did not
> correct problems with crashes, it will.

What the hell are you talking about?

>> In case you've forgotten, you claimed that the cost of New
>> copies of Windows XP today should have gone down in price
>> because, according to you, Microsoft hasn't spent any more
>> money on it and has recouped all their costs.
>
> Because it simply did. I don't consider bug fixes as being value
> adds. What new features did they add in their service packs,
> except for newer versions of Direct-X and Windows Media Player?

XP Service Pack 2 was 2 years of work. They significantly redesigned a lot
of the core OS code. Remember all the people whining beacuse SP2 broke
some software because of the new security? The firewall was redesigned,
new security measures were added to block the running of downloaded
programs, no execute bit support was added, DEP, Popup blocker, tons of
thigs. Why don't you read this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP#Service_Pack_2

And, by the way, none of the service packs included a new version of
DirectX or Windows Media Player. How wrong can you be?

> Did they improve Notepad? Wordpad? Add a new game? Provide a
> consumer edition of interpreter BASIC like they used to, so
> Windows could be an educational learning experience like it used
> to be in DOS and Win 3.1?

Umm.. Windows has always had, and still does have a version of Basic. They
removed the dos version, but but VBScript is available in the WSH (Windows
Scripting Host).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSH

Even better, Microsoft offers a free download of Visual Studio Express in
several languages, including Visual Basic.

Again, how wrong can you be?

>> Need we remind you how were pretending to be multiple people
>> Mr. Nymshifter Rafael? You don't call that dishonest?
>
> Oh, so I used an alternate nym in other newsgroups and used a
> couple times in COLA. So what? I noticed you said little about
> prolific nymshifter Gary M. Stewart

Wrong, i've told him on numerous occasions to quit being so juvenile.

>> No, it's why you keep posting bullshit trying to make people
>> forget about your dishonesty.
>>
>> So, I'll ask again.
>
> Your just another dishonest useless troll stealing bandwidth in
> this newsgroup.

So you can't actually answer the question.

Good to know.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 25, 2009, 8:24:52 AM1/25/09
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>>> He claims anyone that disagrees with him is employed by
>>> Microsoft, and has gotten into some serious trouble over
>>> this. See:
>>>
>>> http://sites.google.com/site/gordymichaels/thoughts-on-advocacy/hit-jobs-gone-wrong
>>>

>> No, rather Mr. Schestowitz hit the nail on the head.
>
> No, he did not. He was wrong, and it took quite some time for
> him to admit it. Only after shane came in and basically
> threatened to kick him out of boycottnovell. Even then, he
> didn't remove the claim, just "crossed it out" using html
> markup so it wouldn't affect the google cache.

Interesting, sounds like he really received a good thrashing, eh?

I've got a couple of comments. It seems that any time someone
makes comments that don't agree with you, Erik, you must turn it
into an angry flamefest tantrum, attacking the poster just like
you do with Doug Mentohl, calling him "Duh!g", doing your deep
snippages to remove context and home in on your off-topic rants.

I don't don't give one flying rip about what you think of your
precious Windows software. Personally, I am tired of seeing your
continual ad hominem rants toward the posters of this Linux
community.

Your personal flame war because you don't agree with Roy and his
off-site posts has no place in COLA. You manage to anger just
about every one you come in contact in COLA, and there is for a
good reason. You want to censor Linux advocacy. You did it in
the OS2 newsgroup, now you want to do it to Linux.

> He was wrong, and he knew it, and it took threats of his "job"
> to get him to admit it, and then he only half assed removed
> it. No appology.
>
> How "moral" is it to tar and feather someone who's only sin
> was to try and make a wikipedia article follow the wikipedia
> guidelines?
>
>> After all, it isn't the first time Microsoft has had its
>> hand caught in the cookie jar. Wiki had this to say when
>> Microsoft hired a blogger to make modifications, citing to
>> "correct inaccuracies":
>
> IT WASN'T MICROSOFT. HE DIDN'T REMOVE THE MATERIAL ROY SAID
> HE DID. His only fault was trying to make the article better
> by working some other material into the article itself, which
> isn't a fault at all and is what it was supposed to have done.
>
> Regardless of what you believe may have happened in the past
> does *NOT* excuse you and Roy from tarring and feathering
> someone who did not deserve it.
>
> [bunch of bullshit that has nothing to do with the facts
> removed. Stop trying to baffle people with bullshit George.
> You're nowhere near as good as Rex is at it.]

Why don't you go find a group that cares a wooden nickel about
your insatiable desire to flame every one that comes in contact
with your sorry anti-Linux posting community diatribes.

This is my last reply to you, buh bye, luser.

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 26, 2009, 2:07:49 AM1/26/09
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:24:52 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> This is my last reply to you, buh bye, luser.

Typical reaction to someone who continues to get trounced every time he
tries to argue. You eventually just give up, because you simply don't have
the ability to argue about the actual points under discussion.

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:47:31 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497b29c5$0$3340$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org

on 1/24/09 7:46 AM:

> Snit wrote:

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of

Linux compared to other operating systems.

[/quote]

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Don Zeigler

Jan 27, 2009, 1:31:56 AM1/27/09
Snit wrote:

> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?
>
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>
> [quote]
> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
> comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
> Linux compared to other operating systems.
> [/quote]

How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything? You really ARE a
useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't you?
--
Regards,
[dmz]

...If there were no golf balls, how would we measure hail?

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 27, 2009, 3:05:36 AM1/27/09
Don Zeigler wrote:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>>
>> [quote]
>> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
>> comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
>> Linux compared to other operating systems.
>> [/quote]
>
> How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything? You really
> ARE a useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't you?

Please don't insult the real idiots
Nobody deserves to be compared to Snot Michael Glasser
--
A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant:
first, get a huge block of marble; then you chip

Don Zeigler

Jan 27, 2009, 9:29:30 AM1/27/09
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Please don't insult the real idiots
> Nobody deserves to be compared to Snot Michael Glasser

That is true, and I apologize to the bona-fide idiots all over the world.

In the meantime, Snot finally goes into my killfile.

--
Ben Kenobi at the dinnertable: "Use the FORKS, Luke!"

Regards,
[dmz]

Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

Chris Ahlstrom

Jan 27, 2009, 9:29:56 AM1/27/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Don Zeigler belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> Please don't insult the real idiots
>> Nobody deserves to be compared to Snot Michael Glasser
>
> That is true, and I apologize to the bona-fide idiots all over the world.
>
> In the meantime, Snot finally goes into my killfile.

<applause>

--
QED.

Snit

Jan 27, 2009, 12:11:26 PM1/27/09
Don Zeigler stated in post 17fepu3h...@this.domain.or.that on 1/26/09
11:31 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>>
>> [quote]
>> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
>> comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
>> Linux compared to other operating systems.
>> [/quote]
>
> How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything? You really ARE a
> useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't you?

Hey, he posts that and things like that all the time. In fact, that is an
exact quote from him.

Funny you do not complain when he does what I am doing... funny as can be!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

none of your buisiness

Jan 27, 2009, 12:34:41 PM1/27/09
Don Zeigler wrote:

> In the meantime, Snot finally goes into my killfile.

About damn time!

Snit

Jan 27, 2009, 12:36:58 PM1/27/09
Peter Köhlmann stated in post
497ec050$0$30220$9b4e...@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 1/27/09 1:05 AM:

> Don Zeigler wrote:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?
>>>
>>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>>>
>>> [quote]
>>> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
>>> comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
>>> Linux compared to other operating systems.
>>> [/quote]
>>
>> How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything? You really
>> ARE a useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't you?
>
> Please don't insult the real idiots
> Nobody deserves to be compared to Snot Michael Glasser

You sure beg for my attention a lot.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 31, 2009, 9:00:39 AM1/31/09
Snit wrote:
> Don Zeigler stated:

>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic
>>> rant?
>>>
>>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>>>
>>> [quote] 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The
>>> charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of
>>> the benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
>>> [/quote]
>>
>> How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything?
>> You really ARE a useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't
>> you?
>
> Hey, he posts that and things like that all the time. In
> fact, that is an exact quote from him.
>
> Funny you do not complain when he does what I am doing...
> funny as can be!

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
Linux compared to other operating systems.
[/quote]

--
HPT

Message has been deleted

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 9:15:26 AM1/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post gm1li7$1p7$1...@news.motzarella.org on
1/31/09 7:00 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Don Zeigler stated:

>>> How is posting this dozens of times going to help anything?
>>> You really ARE a useless, trolling, immature idiot, aren't
>>> you?
>>
>> Hey, he posts that and things like that all the time. In
>> fact, that is an exact quote from him.
>>
>> Funny you do not complain when he does what I am doing...
>> funny as can be!
>
> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

Great idea! I think it would be great if you, I, and others in COLA did
that.

Sadly, though, when I talk about Linux the Linux "advocates" sink to
lying... look at my recent conversation with RonB. He freaked out when he
realized I know more about the UI inconsistency issues with a distro I had
never used and he claimed was his primary distro.

Amazing.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Message has been deleted

High Plains Thumper

Jan 31, 2009, 9:27:35 AM1/31/09

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 9:38:43 AM1/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post gm1n4n$h1d$1...@news.motzarella.org on
1/31/09 7:27 AM:

>>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic
>>> rant?
>>

>> Great idea! I think it would be great if you, I, and others
>> in COLA did that.
>>
>> Sadly, though, when I talk about Linux the Linux "advocates"
>> sink to lying... look at my recent conversation with RonB. He
>> freaked out when he realized I know more about the UI
>> inconsistency issues with a distro I had never used and he
>> claimed was his primary distro.
>>
>> Amazing.
>
> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

Well, what do you think about the problems I have documented about Linux's
UI issues, mostly dealing with inconsistencies but also in other areas?

I believe these things are a detriment to Linux users - reducing efficiency,
increasing errors, and leading to confusion for new users.

The good news, however, is that Linux has the *potential* to be offer
neither OS X nor Windows is likely to ever do: a UI as consistent as what OS
X offers (or better) while not being tied to the corporate need for
branding. This will allow Linux users the ability to much more easily
modify the look, feel, and functionality of their desktop... and will allow
people to offer Linux-based distro that are more differentiated from each
other.

Imagine having a control panel (or system preferences pane... whatever you
want to call it) where you could select from one of several Save dialogs...
and the dialog you, as the user, select would apply to all GUI software on
you distro (or at least the vast majority). Same thing with Print dialogs,
menu hot keys, menu titles (Quit vs. Exit, for example), and even features
(you like Proxy icons on your title bars... boom! They are there).

Standard sets could be provided so, for example, Print and Save dialogs
could be coordinated to be similar in look and feel.

This would give users more control over their own experience (if you wanted
inconsistency you could even turn off the system standards and let the
individual software fall back to its defaults). It would also allow folks
who put out distros to better brand and differentiate their offerings...
suddenly CentOS and Ubuntu would be very different... even though both are
Gnome based and have much of the same software.

What do you think? Any downsides?

None that I see of - other than the resources and time needed to get Linux
to that point. Luckily there are folks with huge amounts of resources, such
as Shuttleworth, who are heading in at least largely that direction.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 31, 2009, 9:54:44 AM1/31/09
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Sadly, though, when I talk about Linux the Linux
>>> "advocates" sink to lying... look at my recent
>>> conversation with RonB. He freaked out when he realized I
>>> know more about the UI inconsistency issues with a distro
>>> I had never used and he claimed was his primary distro.
>>>
>>> Amazing.
>>
>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic
>> rant?
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>>
>> [quote] 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The
>> charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the
>> benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
>> [/quote]
>
> Well, what do you think about the problems I have documented
> about Linux's UI issues, mostly dealing with inconsistencies
> but also in other areas?

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]

1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the

benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
[/quote]

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benefit%5B1%5D

Main Entry: 1 ben·e·fit

[quote]
2 a: something that promotes well-being : advantage b: useful aid
: help
[/quote]

When are you going to discuss things that Linux promotes the
well-being of, provides advantages of compared to other operating
systems, instead of your falsified off-topic rants?

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 10:00:45 AM1/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 49846635$0$3338$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/31/09 7:54 AM:

>>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic
>>> rant?

>> Well, what do you think about the problems I have documented about Linux's UI

>> issues, mostly dealing with inconsistencies but also in other areas?
>>

> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

LOL! Seriously... do you ever read what you post your BS to? Oh, that is
right - you have no desire to talk about Linux.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 31, 2009, 10:19:38 AM1/31/09
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Well, what do you think about the problems I have
>>> documented about Linux's UI issues, mostly dealing with
>>> inconsistencies but also in other areas?
>>
>> How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic
>> rant?
>>
>> [quote] 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The
>> charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the
>>
>> benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems.
>> [/quote]
>>
>> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benefit%5B1%5D
>>
>> Main Entry: 1 ben·e·fit
>>
>> [quote] 2 a: something that promotes well-being : advantage
>> b: useful aid : help [/quote]
>>
>> When are you going to discuss things that Linux promotes the
>> well-being of, provides advantages of compared to other
>> operating systems, instead of your falsified off-topic
>> rants?
>
> LOL! Seriously... do you ever read what you post your BS to?
> Oh, that is right - you have no desire to talk about Linux.

For once, I agree with Hadron.

128- Hadron (COLA):
Snit: "Now why not end your silliness and either just stop your
BS or actually give reasoned comments on the screen shots you
keep asking for and I keep providing?
Hadron: "err, he just did. And you snipped it all you weasel."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/de49f2b7471d2e1a

These past 2 months, Snit has gone from Steve Carroll's list of
115 Poster Quotes on the Snit (Michael Glasser) Circus of
Pathological Lies, to 128 Quoters.

Similar to Don Zeigler, it is time to put Michael back in the
Bozo bin, where he belongs.

*Plinque!*

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 10:49:31 AM1/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 49846c0b$0$3339$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/31/09 8:19 AM:

> *Plinque!*

For the record: the comments of mine that make HPT turn tail and run...
showing he did not *really* want to talk about Linux:

Well, what do you think about the problems I have documented
about Linux's UI issues, mostly dealing with inconsistencies
but also in other areas?

I believe these things are a detriment to Linux users -

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Jan 31, 2009, 1:40:30 PM1/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Don Zeigler belched:

>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>
>>> Please don't insult the real idiots Nobody deserves to be
>>> compared to Snot Michael Glasser
>>
>> That is true, and I apologize to the bona-fide idiots all
>> over the world. In the meantime, Snot finally goes into my
>> killfile.
>
> <applause>

He has even upset the COLA trolls. I would that CSMA purchase
him back.

Snit

Jan 31, 2009, 2:05:11 PM1/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 49849b20$0$3336$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/31/09 11:40 AM:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> Don Zeigler belched:

>>> That is true, and I apologize to the bona-fide idiots all
>>> over the world. In the meantime, Snot finally goes into my
>>> killfile.
>>
>> <applause>
>
> He has even upset the COLA trolls. I would that CSMA purchase
> him back.

Poor HPT: I pointed out how many times he hypocritically fails to speak
about Linux and now he is sitting in the corner crying.

Does *anyone* feel bad for him? Not me.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Erik Funkenbusch

Jan 31, 2009, 7:22:57 PM1/31/09
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:13:51 +0000 (UTC), humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

> Idiot.

Nymshifting AGAIN HPT?

You are such a hypocrite.