Al Gore plagiaried and lied about AGW

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 3:19:47 AM4/19/08
April-18-2008, 20/20, John Stossel interviewed the Hollywood
Film company which produced and used a COMPUTER
GENERATED Artic Landscape for one of the sequences
in their fantasy film "Day After Tomorrow", a scence which fat
Al Gore plagiarized & presented as a **real** world Antarctic
event sequence in his film "An inconvenient truth".... ahaha...

Now you have the real inconvenient truth about fat Al Gore and
his idiot green mooches which he duped into becoming damaged
goods like posters Ouroboros_Rex & Peter BP.... ahahaha...
... Gore, his goons and his fools operate according to the edicts
of the green bible which says:

= "It doesn't matter what is true ... it only matters what people
= believe is true. -- Paul Watson, Sea Shepard/ex-Greenpeace, &...
= "A lot of environmental [sci/soc/pol] messages are simply not
= accurate. We use hype." -- Jerry Franklin, Ecologist, UoW, and...
= "If you don't know an answer, a fact, a statistic, then make it up
= on the spot ... for the mass-media today ... the truth is irrelevant."
= -- Paul Watson in Earthforce: An Earth Warrior's Guide to Strategy.
= "We make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little
= mention of any doubts we may have [about] being honest."
= -- Stephen Schneider (Stanford prof. who first sought fame as
= a global cooler, but has now hit the big time as a global warmer)
= "It is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presen-
= tations" -- Al Gore, Chairman, Gen. Investment Management Bank.

ahahahaha... Al Gore and his inner circle is fucking you out of the
few dollars that are left in your wallet... AHAHA... Serves you right!
Not much different then the Bush-Cheney oil boys who milk you at
the gas pump for their own "environmental" reasons... ahahaha...
Thanks for the laughs all you little green idiots!... AHAHAHAHA...
ahahaha... ahahahanson

--------------------- Original post --------------------

Ouroboros_Rex <i...@casual.com>, a real fanatical; green turd wrote

a...@me.com (PeterBP), a scared little green idiot wrote:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.global-warming/msg/2094d7b252253b12
>> Quibble here, but you've being vague - experiments continually verify
>> *GW*. The currecntly accepted explanation for this GW is increased CO2
>> and CH4 (et al) content in the atmosphere, most of which comes from
>> humanity.

"Benj" <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote in message
> Here it is folks! The same old bait and switch argument "invented" by
> Algore. The first part about GW seems to be true not only on Earth
> but some other planets as well!
>
> The second part comes the fraud which blames "AGW" on CO2 (which is
> impossible) and CH4 (which is a better candidate but still not all
> that likely) which is then blamed on man.
>
> The idea is to make huge quantities of cash smashing the first world
> economy by wheeling and dealing in "carbon footprints". It's like the
> biggest political fraud of the new century! This "explanation is in
> fact only "accepted" by people who have no knowledge of science or
> spectroscopy and is promoted by a well-defined bunch of sold-out so-
> called scientists who are in on the scam.
>
> The clever part of this scam is to use those to deny climate change to
> try to give credence to the bogus "caused by man" theories. The truth
> is that "man" is already endangering the earth plenty with nasty
> pollution in air and oceans and this fraud simply draws public
> attention away from the truly important damages such as from mercury
> in coal and the nasty chems in each space shuttle launch and all the
> rest. It's a scandal of major dimensions and it's easy to identify
> those here who are in on the scam!
>
> And Algore? Oh yeah, I remember. He's that Nobel prize winning
> "scientist" who invented the Internet and "AGW". He also won an Oscar
> and Emmy for his theatrical creations.
>
> Yawn this same old tired crap has been repeated here so much that
> you'd think they'd give up. I guess too much potential profit is
> involved for that!

Edward Green

Apr 19, 2008, 8:56:50 AM4/19/08
On Apr 19, 3:19 am, "hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote:

<...>

hanson... you are a vicious polemic infighter -- and I mean that in a
nice way. ;-)

recently typing has become a chore, or I'd write more.

Benj

Apr 19, 2008, 12:01:11 PM4/19/08
I said:
> > And Algore? Oh yeah, I remember. He's that Nobel prize winning
> > "scientist" who invented the Internet and "AGW". He also won an Oscar
> > and Emmy for his theatrical creations.
>
> > Yawn. This same old tired crap has been repeated here so much that

> > you'd think they'd give up. I guess too much potential profit is
> > involved for that!

Only the new thing here is that Algore used CGI hollywood scenes for
his "Oscar winning" "documentary"! Of course "simulated" documentary
scenes is a "modern" film technique pioneered by that "great" film
maker Michael Moore!
You gotta admit these guys have some pretty big cajones!

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 12:04:25 PM4/19/08
"Edward Green" <spamsp...@netzero.com> wrote in message

hanson... you are a vicious polemic infighter
-- and I mean that in a nice way. ;-)
recently typing has become a chore, or I'd write more.

hanson wrote:
.... ahahaha... AHAHAHA... "vicious polemic infighter"
I like that, Ed, you old submariner. ... Thanks!... hahaha...
Hey, a man s'gotta do what a man 'sgotta do... ahaha...

Listen Ed, typing chores/pain... Are you experiencing
some Carpal-Tunnel type/sort of difficulties?... Recently,
it has been noticed that scores of people have such pain
symptoms, severe pain, in *both* hands, at the thumb-wrist
-arm joint (Pron. Quad / Abductor Pollicis) region and sites.
Indications are though that it does not come from "overuse"
but rather from the "settling in" of viruses there onto the nerve
tissue in the extremities, after a flu or cold. - Remedy is easy.

Anyways, take care Ed, thanks for the accolades and here
is the "round of infighting" again that so impressed you:

---------- Fat Al Gore's Globally Warmed Plagiarism -----

April-18-2008, 20/20, John Stossel interviewed the Hollywood
Film company which produced and used a COMPUTER
GENERATED Artic Landscape for one of the sequences in
their fantasy film "The Day After Tomorrow", a scence which fat

Al Gore plagiarized & presented as a **real** world Antarctic
event sequence in his film "An inconvenient truth".... ahaha...

Now you have the real inconvenient truth about fat Al Gore and
his idiot green mooches which he duped into becoming damaged
goods like posters Ouroboros_Rex & Peter BP are.... ahahaha...

James

Apr 19, 2008, 12:15:39 PM4/19/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote in message

> "Edward Green" <spamsp...@netzero.com> wrote in message
>>
> hanson... you are a vicious polemic infighter
> -- and I mean that in a nice way. ;-)
> recently typing has become a chore, or I'd write more.
>>
> hanson wrote:
> .... ahahaha... AHAHAHA... "vicious polemic infighter"
> I like that, Ed, you old submariner. ... Thanks!... hahaha...
> Hey, a man s'gotta do what a man 'sgotta do... ahaha...
>>
> Listen Ed, typing chores/pain... Are you experiencing
> some Carpal-Tunnel type/sort of difficulties?... Recently,
> it has been noticed that scores of people have such pain
> symptoms, severe pain, in *both* hands, at the thumb-wrist
> -arm joint (Pron. Quad / Abductor Pollicis) region and sites.
> Indications are though that it does not come from "overuse"
> but rather from the "settling in" of viruses there onto the nerve
> tissue in the extremities, after a flu or cold. - Remedy is easy.

and I thought it was global warming

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 4:42:10 PM4/19/08

> April-18-2008, 20/20, John Stossel interviewed the Hollywood
> Film company which produced and used a COMPUTER
> GENERATED Artic Landscape for one of the sequences
> in their fantasy film "Day After Tomorrow", a scence which fat
> Al Gore plagiarized & presented as a **real** world Antarctic
> event sequence in his film "An inconvenient truth".... ahaha...

Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy
By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

(06-27) 18:15 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

The nation's top climate scientists are giving "An Inconvenient Truth," Al
Gore's documentary on global warming, five stars for accuracy.

The former vice president's movie - replete with the prospect of a flooded
New York City, an inundated Florida, more and nastier hurricanes, worsening
droughts, retreating glaciers and disappearing ice sheets - mostly got the
science right, said all 19 climate scientists who had seen the movie or read
the book and answered questions from The Associated Press.

The AP contacted more than 100 top climate researchers by e-mail and phone
for their opinion. Among those contacted were vocal skeptics of climate
change theory. Most scientists had not seen the movie, which is in limited
release, or read the book.

But those who have seen it had the same general impression: Gore conveyed
the science correctly; the world is getting hotter and it is a manmade
catastrophe-in-the-making caused by the burning of fossil fuels.

"Excellent," said William Schlesinger, dean of the Nicholas School of
Environment and Earth Sciences at Duke University. "He got all the important
material and got it right."

Robert Corell, chairman of the worldwide Arctic Climate Impact Assessment
group of scientists, read the book and saw Gore give the slideshow
presentation that is woven throughout the documentary.

"I sat there and I'm amazed at how thorough and accurate," Corell said.
"After the presentation I said, `Al, I'm absolutely blown away. There's a
lot of details you could get wrong.' ... I could find no error."

Gore, in an interview with the AP, said he wasn't surprised "because I took
a lot of care to try to make sure the science was right."

The tiny errors scientists found weren't a big deal, "far, far fewer and
less significant than the shortcoming in speeches by the typical politician
explaining an issue," said Michael MacCracken, who used to be in charge of
the nation's global warming effects program and is now chief scientist at
the Climate Institute in Washington.

One concern was about the connection between hurricanes and global warming.
That is a subject of a heated debate in the science community. Gore cited
five recent scientific studies to support his view.

"I thought the use of imagery from Hurricane Katrina was inappropriate and
unnecessary in this regard, as there are plenty of disturbing impacts
associated with global warming for which there is much greater scientific
consensus," said Brian Soden, a University of Miami professor of meteorology
and oceanography.

Some scientists said Gore confused his ice sheets when he said the effect of
the Clean Air Act is noticeable in the Antarctic ice core; it is the
Greenland ice core. Others thought Gore oversimplified the causal-link
between the key greenhouse gas carbon dioxide and rising temperatures.

While some nonscientists could be depressed by the dire disaster-laden
warmer world scenario that Gore laid out, one top researcher thought it was
too optimistic. Tom Wigley, senior scientist at the National Center for
Atmospheric Research, thought the former vice president sugarcoated the
problem by saying that with already-available technologies and changes in
habit - such as changing light bulbs - the world could help slow or stop
global warming.

While more than 1 million people have seen the movie since it opened in May,
that does not include Washington's top science decision makers. President
Bush said he won't see it. The heads of the Environmental Protection Agency
and NASA haven't seen it, and the president's science adviser said the movie
is on his to-see list.

"They are quite literally afraid to know the truth," Gore said. "Because if
you accept the truth of what the scientific community is saying, it gives
you a moral imperative to start to rein in the 70 million tons of global
warming pollution that human civilization is putting into the atmosphere
every day."

As far as the movie's entertainment value, Scripps Institution geosciences
professor Jeff Severinghaus summed it up: "My wife fell asleep. Of course, I
was on the edge of my chair."

Bill Ward

Apr 19, 2008, 12:47:11 PM4/19/08

And $300M for propaganda. I wonder how much Ford spent promoting the
Edsel?

Poetic Justice

Apr 19, 2008, 12:51:35 PM4/19/08
Al Gore gets bills for Propaganda that makes some countries fule bills
look tiny.

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 6:15:43 PM4/19/08

"Benj" <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote

> Only the new thing here is that Algore used CGI hollywood scenes for
> his "Oscar winning" "documentary"!

No references. No evidence. No credibility...

Meanwhile....

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 6:16:21 PM4/19/08

"Bill Ward" <bw...@REMOVETHISix.netcom.com> wrote

> And $300M for propaganda. I wonder how much Ford spent promoting the
> Edsel?

Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 6:16:43 PM4/19/08

"Poetic Justice" <@http://Poetic-Justice.Talk-n-Dog.com> wrote

> Al Gore gets bills for Propaganda that makes some countries fule bills
> look tiny.

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 2:26:24 PM4/19/08
< http://groups.google.com/group/alt.global-warming/msg/d6e90d1f079c2857>

I said:
>> And Algore? Oh yeah, I remember. He's that Nobel prize winning
>> "scientist" who invented the Internet and "AGW". He also won an
>> Oscar nd Emmy for his theatrical creations.

>> Yawn. This same old tired crap has been repeated here so much
>> that you'd think they'd give up. I guess too much potential profit is
>> involved for that!
> Only the new thing here is that Algore used CGI hollywood scenes for
> his "Oscar winning" "documentary"! Of course "simulated" documentary
> scenes is a "modern" film technique pioneered by that "great" film
> maker Michael Moore!
> You gotta admit these guys have some pretty big cajones!

hanson wrote:
No, it is not surprising that "these guys have some big cajones!"
What IS surprising, in a very big way, is that so many other wise
quite normal people run like idiot sheep after them and worship
the ejaculates and excrements of those con men...

Look, ... it may have begun even earlier but in recorded history
that phenomenon started ~ 6000 years ago, when the peasants
bought into
::: the aberrant legacy of the perverse sociopathy of Abe,
::: the Arab. -- Abraham who was a child abuser & the original
::: self-circumciser due to his VD malady, a deranged member
::: from the criminal out-cast tribe of the Habaru, who some 5768
::: years ago, .... (acc. to the tales in the current Jewish calendar,
::: probably on a Oct. 25, during a Shabbat ... ahaha... ahahaha)
::: spawned the seeds of monotheism that gave rise to Judaism,
::: Xianity and Islam, whose sole & chief raison d'etre seems to
::: be to kill each other off, wholesale, in the name of their own
::: respective irrational, godly-ungodly "spiritual" oye-weh-
::: Yahweh-, trall-Allah- or junk-Jehovah- delusions... ahahaha...

"Trust me!", "Oye weh!", "Go figure"...AHAHAHA... Remember,
first it was the Jews who bought this "G-d" shit, then came the
more dumber gyoim, the Xians, who followed that train of crap,
only to be out done be the even dumber & more fanatical ass-
venting Muslims... ahahaha... and that very same type of cons
continued, down the line over millennia, via Marx & Engles to
Hitler whose own Nazi Reichsmarshall and Luftwaffe-Chief
Hermann Goering stated during his interrogation after WWII:

"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Hermann Goering
shrugged. "Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his
life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back
to his farm in one piece?" -- "Voice or no voice, the people can
always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.
All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the
country to danger. It works the same in any country."

These tactics of selling doom & fears which teaches & instills
all kinds mental aberrations continues unabashed, like seen here:
< http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e1842edc4f >
< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O9W3UsdRyM>

... & the same sordid belief machinations and manipulations are
used since 1970 by the Enviro turds whose green bible declares
that:

[...]
... and it is still in full swing at this very moment, unabated... ahaha

So, is the bottom line of that strange behavior rooted in the
recognition and the use of the fact which can be expressed
in one simple line that "only the paranoid survives"?... ahahaha...

Ahhh... ahahaha, gotta go, sports, gotta don my frock and grab
the collection plate, tell'em some fearsome doomsday stories
and I'll have my collection plate filled to the brim... ahahahaha...

Thank you, all you loveable green & religious sisters & brethren
in the same of gaja and "G-d"... ahahaha... AHAHAHA... BUT,
most of all thanks for the laughs... ahahaha... ahahanson

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 2:26:25 PM4/19/08
AHAHAahahaha... and Al Gore talks about "a moral imperative" said
Scott Nudds "V-for-Vendicar" <Jus...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com>
who wrote in news:HhpOj.52946$dA2....@read2.cgocable.net...

Scott Nudds wrote:
> Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy
> By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer
> Some scientists said Gore confused his ice sheets when he said the effect
> of the Clean Air Act is noticeable in the Antarctic ice core; it is the
> Greenland ice core. Others thought Gore oversimplified the causal-link
> between the key greenhouse gas carbon dioxide and rising temperatures.
> While some nonscientists could be depressed by the dire disaster-laden
> warmer world scenario that Gore laid out, one top researcher thought it
> was too optimistic. Tom Wigley, senior scientist at the National Center
> for Atmospheric Research, thought the former vice president sugarcoated
> the problem by saying that with already-available technologies and changes
> in habit - such as changing light bulbs - the world could help slow or
> stop global warming.
> While more than 1 million people have seen the movie since it opened in
> May, that does not include Washington's top science decision makers.
> President Bush said he won't see it. The heads of the Environmental
> Protection Agency and NASA haven't seen it,
> and the president's science adviser said the movie is on his to-see list.
> "They are quite literally afraid to know the truth," Gore said.
> "Because if you accept the truth of what the scientific community is
> saying, it gives you a moral imperative to start to rein in the 70 million
> tons of global warming pollution that human civilization is putting into
> the atmosphere every day."
> As far as the movie's entertainment value, Scripps Institution geosciences
> professor Jeff Severinghaus summed it up: "My wife fell asleep. Of course,
> I was on the edge of my chair."

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... So Scotty, since when do you have doubts about
Al Gore whom you have revered as your personal god for a decade
now?... ahahaha... Be careful what you wish for but make some $$
off this gigantic fucking GW con, like I did for a long time now.
The peasantry is a marvelous and lovable phenomenon... you can
tell'em into there faces that you lie to them and fuck'em.. Still they
continue to smile in awe and continue with bending over and lick
your dick and give you their last dime that was meant to feed their
own kids. (more about that in my post to Benj)... ahahaha...
See it's simple, bloodless and the principles are laid out in the

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 2:26:25 PM4/19/08
ahahaha... Hey, James old buddy. Long time no talk, Hya?

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote in message
James wrote

> and I thought it was global warming

hanson wrote:
... ahahahaha... thanks for giving me the microphone, James.
I trust you were referring to this issue here:

Cato

Apr 19, 2008, 2:35:07 PM4/19/08
ERROR 1

Sea level "rising 6 m"

ERROR 2

Pacific islands "drowning"

ERROR 3

Thermohaline circulation "stopping"

ERROR 4

CO2 "driving temperature"

ERROR 5

Gore says “global warming” has been melting the snows of Mount
Kilimanjaro in Africa. It is not.

ERROR 6

Lake Chad "drying up" Gore says “global warming” dried up Lake Chad in
Africa. It did not. Over-extraction of water and changing agricultural
patterns dried the lake, which was also dry in 8500BC, 5500BC, 1000BC
and 100BC. Ms. Kreider says, “There are multiple stresses upon Lake
Chad.” However, the scientific consensus is that at present those
“stresses” do not include “global warming.”

ERROR 7

Hurricane Katrina "man made"

ERROR 8

Polar bears "dying"

ERROR 9

Gore says coral reefs are “bleaching” because of “global warming.”
They are not. There was some bleaching in 1998, but this was caused by
the exceptional El Nino Southern Oscillation that year. Two similarly
severe El Ninos over the past 250 years also caused extensive
bleaching. “Global warming” was nothing to do with it.
Many things can cause bleaching, such as land run-off in Australia,
and other natural factors..... Coral reefs have been with us for
hundreds of millions of years.... including many times when the oceans
where much warmer then now.

ERROR 10

100 ppmv of CO2 "melting mile-thick ice"

ERROR 11

Hurricane Caterina "manmade"

ERROR 12

Japanese typhoons "a new record"

ERROR 13

Hurricanes "getting stronger"

ERROR 14

Big storm insurances losses "increasing"

ERROR 15

Mumbai "flooding"

ERROR 16

Severe tornadoes "more frequent"

ERROR 17

The sun "heats the Arctic ocean"
Gore says that ice-melt allows the Sun to heat the Arctic Ocean, and a
diagram shows the Sun’s rays heating it directly. It does not. The
ocean emits radiant energy at the moment of absorption, and would
freeze if there were no atmosphere. It is the atmosphere, not the Sun
that warms the ocean. Also, Gore’s diagram confuses the tropopause
with the ionosphere, and he makes a number of other errors indicating
that he does not understand the elementary physics of radiative
transfer.

ERROR 18

Arctic "warming fastest" Gore says the Arctic has been warming faster
than the rest of the planet. It is not. While it is in general true
that during periods of warming (whether natural or anthropogenic) the
Arctic will warm faster than other regions, Gore does not mention that
the Arctic has been cooling over the past 60 years, and is now one
degree Celsius cooler than it was in the 1940s. There was a record
amount of snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere in 2001. Several
vessels were icebound in the Arctic in the spring of 2007, but few
newspapers reported this. The newspapers reported that the North-West
Passage was free of ice in 2007, and said that this was for the first
time since records began: but the records, taken by satellites, had
only begun 29 years previously. The North-West Passage had also been
open for shipping in 1945, and, in 1903, the great Norwegian explorer
Amundsen had passed through it in a sailing ship.

ERROR 19

Greenland ice sheet "unstable"

ERROR 20

Himalayan glacial melt waters "failing"

ERROR 21

Peruvian glaciers "disappearing" Gore says that a Peruvian glacier is
less extensive now than it was in the 1940s, implying that “global
warming” is the cause. It is not. Except for the very highest peaks,
the normal state of the Peruvian cordilleras has been ice-free
throughout most of the past 10,000 years.

ERROR 22

Mountain glaciers worldwide "disappearing" Gore says that “the ice has
a story to tell, and it is worldwide.” He shows several before-and-
after pictures of glaciers disappearing. However, the glacial melt
began in the 1820s, long before humankind could have had any effect,
and has continued at a uniform rate since, showing no acceleration
since humankind began increasing the quantity of CO2 in the
atmosphere. Total ice volumes in three of the last four Ice Ages were
lower than they are today, and “global warming” had nothing to do with
that.

ERROR 23

Sahara desert "drying" Gore says terrible tragedies are occurring in
the southern Sahara because of drought which he blames on “global
warming.” There is no drought caused by “global warming.” In 2007
there were record rains across the whole of the southern Sahara. In
the past 25 years the Sahara has shrunk by some 300,000 square
kilometers because of additional rainfall. Some scientists think
“global warming” may actually mitigate pre-existing droughts because
there will be more water vapor in the atmosphere. Before 1200 AD there
were frequent, prolonged and severe droughts in the Great Plains.
Since 1200 AD, there has been more rainfall. Likewise, the US has had
more rainfall since the 1950s than it had in the earlier part of the
20th Century, when the great droughts which were then common were
described by John Steinbeck in The Grapes of Wrath. South African
rainfall was also more stable in the second half of the 20th Century,
when human effect on climate is said to have become significant, than
in the first half.

ERROR 24

West Antarctic ice sheet "unstable" Gore says disturbing changes
have been measured under the West Antarctic ice sheet, implicitly
because of “global warming.” Yet most of the recession in this ice
sheet over the past 10,000 years has occurred in the absence of any
sea-level or temperature forcing. In most of Antarctica, the ice is in
fact growing thicker. Mean Antarctic temperature has actually fallen
throughout the past half-century. In some Antarctic glens,
environmental damage has been caused by temperature decreases of up to
2 degrees Celsius. Antarctic sea-ice spread to a 30-year record extent
in late 2007.

ERROR 25

Antarctic Peninsula ice shelves "breaking up" Gore says half a dozen
ice shelves each “larger than Rhode Island” have broken up and
vanished from the Antarctic Peninsula recently, implicitly because of
“global warming.” Global warming is unlikely to have been the cause.
Gore does not explain that the ice shelves have melted before, as
studies of seabed sediments have shown. The Antarctic Peninsula
accounts for about 2% of the continent, in most of which the ice is
growing thicker. All the recently-melted shelves, added together,
amount to an area less than one-fifty-fifth the size of Texas.

ERROR 26

Larsen B Ice Shelf "broke up because of 'global warming'" Gore
focuses on the Larsen B ice shelf, saying that it completely
disappeared in 35 days. Yet there has been extensive ice-shelf break-
up throughout the past 10,000 years, and the maximum ice-shelf extent
may have been in the Little Ice Age in the late 15th century.

ERROR 27

Mosquitoes "climbing to higher altitudes" Gore says that, because of
“global warming”, mosquitoes are climbing to higher altitudes. They
are not. Most recent outbreaks have been at lower levels than those of
a century and more ago. He says that Nairobi was founded 1000 m above
sea level so as to be above the mosquito line. It was not. In the
period before anthropogenic warming could have had any significant
effect, there were ten malaria outbreaks in Nairobi, one of which
reached as far up as Eldoret, almost 3000 m above sea level. Malaria
is not a tropical disease. Mosquitoes do not need tropical
temperatures: they need no more than 15 degrees Celsius to breed. The
largest malaria outbreak of modern times was in Siberia in the 1920s
and 1930s, when 13 million were infected, 600,000 died and 30,000 died
as far north as Arkhangelsk, on the Arctic Circle. There is no reason
to suppose that malaria will spread even if the climate continues to
become warmer.

ERROR 28

Many tropical diseases "spread through 'global warming'" Gore says
that, as well as malaria, “global warming” is spreading dengue fever,
Lyme disease, West Nile virus, arena virus, avian flu, Ebola virus, E.
Coli 0157:H7, Hanta virus, legionella, leptospirosis, multi-drug-
resistant TB, Nipah virus, SARS and Vibrio Cholerae 0139. It is doing
no such thing. Only the first four diseases are insect-borne, but none
is tropical. Of the other diseases named by Gore either in his film or
in the accompanying book, not one is sensitive to increasing
temperature. They are spread not by warmer weather but by rats,
chickens, primates, pigs, poor hygiene, ill-maintained air
conditioning, or cold weather.

ERROR 29

West Nile virus in the US "spread through 'global warming'" Gore says
that West Nile virus spread throughout the US in just two years,
implicitly because of “global warming.” It did not. The climate in the
US ranges from some of the world’s hottest deserts to some of its
iciest tundra. West Nile virus flourishes in any climate. Warming of
the climate, however caused, does not affect its incidence or
prevalence.

ERROR 30

Carbon dioxide is "pollution"

ERROR 31

The European heat wave of 2003 "killed 35,000" Gore says, “A couple of
years ago in Europe they had that heat wave that killed 35,000.”
Though some scientists agree with Gore, the scientific consensus is
that extreme warm anomalies more unusual than the 2003 heat wave occur
regularly; extreme cold anomalies also occur regularly; El Niño and
volcanism appear to be of much greater importance than any general
warming trend; and there is little evidence that regional heat or cold
waves are significantly increasing or decreasing with time. In
general, warm is better than cold, which is why the largest number of
life-forms are in the tropics and the least number are at the poles. A
cold snap in the winter following the European heat wave killed 20,000
in the UK alone. Though the IPCC says 150,000 people a year are being
killed worldwide by “global warming,” it reaches this figure only by
deliberately excluding the number of people who are not being killed
because there is less cold weather. In the US alone, it has been
estimated that 174,000 fewer people are being killed each year because
there are fewer episodes of extreme cold.

ERROR 32

Pied flycatchers "cannot feed their young" Gore says “The peak arrival
date for migratory birds 25 years ago was April 25. Their chicks
hatched on June 3, just at the time when the caterpillars were coming
out: Nature’s plan. But 20 years of warming later the caterpillars
peaked two weeks earlier. The chicks tried to catch up with it, but
they couldn’t. So they are in trouble.” Yet adaptation is easy for the
flycatchers: they merely fly a few tens of kilometers further north
and they will find caterpillars hatching at the appropriate time.
Besides, though Gore does not say so, what is bad news for the pied
flycatchers is good news for the caterpillars, and for the butterflies
they will become.

ERROR 33

Gore's bogus pictures and film footage In the book accompanying Gore’s
film, the story of the pied flycatchers and the caterpillars is
accompanied by a picture of a bird feeding her hungry chicks. However,
closer inspection shows that the bird is not a pied flycatcher but a
black tern; and that she is not carrying a caterpillar in her beak,
but a small fish. Gore similarly misuses spectacular footage of a
glacier apparently calving off enormous slabs of ice into the sea –
footage that is often shown on television to accompany stories about
“global warming.” However, the glacier in question is one that is
known to be advancing – and to be doing so more rapidly and more often
than previously. It is in southern Argentina, where its snout crosses
– and eventually dams, Lake Argentino. Water builds up behind the ice
dam and eventually bursts it, causing the spectacular collapse of ice
into the lake that is so misleadingly used as the iconic image of the
effect of “global warming” on glaciers. The breaking of the ice dam
used to occur every eight years or so: now, however, it occurs every
five years, not because of “global warming” because of the regional
cooling of the southern Atlantic.

ERROR 34

The Thames Barrier "closing more frequently" Gore says that rising sea
levels are compelling the operators of the Thames Barrier to close it
more frequently than when it was first built. They are not. The
barrier is indeed closed more frequently than when it was built, but
the reason has nothing to do with “global warming” or rising sea
levels. The reason is a change of policy by which the barrier is
closed during exceptionally low tides, so as to retain water in the
tidal Thames rather than keeping it out. Yet even the present leader
of the official Opposition in the UK Parliament recently used a major
speech as the opportunity to mention today’s more frequent closing of
the Thames Barrier as though it were a matter of grave concern.

ERROR 35

"No fact...in dispute by anybody." Gore says that his prediction that
the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide will rise to more than
600 parts per million by volume as soon as 2050 is “not controversial
in any way or in dispute by anybody.” However, not one of the half-
dozen official projections of growth in CO2 concentration made by the
IPCC shows as much as 600 parts per million by 2050.

CONCLUSION:

35 serious scientific errors

As many as 35 serious scientific errors or exaggerations, all pointing
towards invention of a threat that does not exist at all, or
exaggerations of phenomena that do exist, do not reflect credit on the
presenter of the movie or on those who advised him. The movie is
unsuitable for showing to children, and provides no basis for taking
policy decisions. Schools that have shown the movie to children are
urged to ensure that the errors listed in this memorandum are drawn to
the children’s attention.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html

James

Apr 19, 2008, 3:35:36 PM4/19/08

"V-for-Vendicar" <Jus...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> wrote in message

> "hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote in message
>> April-18-2008, 20/20, John Stossel interviewed the Hollywood
>> Film company which produced and used a COMPUTER
>> GENERATED Artic Landscape for one of the sequences
>> in their fantasy film "Day After Tomorrow", a scence which fat
>> Al Gore plagiarized & presented as a **real** world Antarctic
>> event sequence in his film "An inconvenient truth".... ahaha...
>
> Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy
> By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer
>
> Tuesday, June 27, 2006
>
> (06-27) 18:15 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --
>

> The nation's top climate scientists are giving "An Inconvenient Truth,"
> Al Gore's documentary on global warming, five stars for accuracy.

I'll make this one concise rather than address all the inaccuracies.

AL Gore has been debunked

Tom

Apr 19, 2008, 4:08:00 PM4/19/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVDugSuPOo&feature=related

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 8:11:13 PM4/19/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tom

Apr 19, 2008, 4:12:03 PM4/19/08
Or This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J2sPcYl0jI&feature=related

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 8:55:40 PM4/19/08
Observation, out of 20 points listed below. Libertarian Cato is found to
have lied in every instance.

Concludion. Libertarian Cato is a Liar.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 1
> Sea level "rising 6 m"

Never stated. Cato's First lie.

> ERROR 2
> Pacific islands "drowning"

Stated in the future tense, not the current tense. Cato's Second Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 3
> Thermohaline circulation "stopping"

Stated as a possibility - and correctly so. Cato's Third Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 4
> CO2 "driving temperature"

It does. Cato's Forth Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 5
> Gore says “global warming” has been melting the snows of Mount
> Kilimanjaro in Africa. It is not.

One researcher claims otherwise. The rest side with Gore. Cato's Fifth
lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 6
> Lake Chad "drying up" Gore says “global warming” dried up Lake Chad in
> Africa. It did not. Over-extraction of water and changing agricultural
> patterns dried the lake, which was also dry in 8500BC, 5500BC, 1000BC
> and 100BC.

Which is Lie number 6 for Cato.

This is what Gore says about Lake Chad...

"Unbelievable tragedies have been unfolding there and there are a lot
reasons for it. Darfur and Niger are among those tragedies. One of the
factors that has been compounding this is the lack of rainfall and the
increasing drought. This is Lake Chad, once one of the largest lakes in the
world. It has dried up over the last few decades to almost nothing."

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 7
> Hurricane Katrina "man made"

Which is lie # 7 for Cato

This is what Gore says about Katrina.

"And then of course came Katrina. It is worth remembering that when it hit
Florida it was a Category 1, but it killed a lot of people and caused
billions of dollars worth of damage. And then, what happened? Before it hit
New Orleans, it went over warmer water. As the water temperature increases,
the wind velocity increases and the moisture content increases. And you'll
see Hurricane Katrina form over Florida. And then as it comes into the Gulf
over warm water it becomes stronger and stronger and stronger. Look at that
Hurricane's eye. And of course the consequences were so horrendous; there
are no words to describe it. "

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 8
> Polar bears "dying"

Which is lie #8 for Cato

This is what Gore said about Polar Bears.

"So there is a faster build up of heat here at the North Pole in the Arctic
Ocean and the Arctic generally than any where else on the planet. That's not
good for creatures like polar bears that depend on the ice. A new scientific
study shows that for the first time they're finding polar bears that have
actually drowned, swimming long distances up to 60 miles to find the ice.
They did not find that before."

Which is correct.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 9
>Gore says coral reefs are “bleaching” because of “global warming.”
> They are not. There was some bleaching in 1998, but this was caused by
> the exceptional El Nino Southern Oscillation that year.

Which is error #9 from Cato.

And what is El Nino? A Warming of the Pacific surface waters.

So acccording to Cato, here, it isn't the warming of the earth's oceans
that causes coral bleaching, in th pacific, it's the rise of pacific ocean
temperatures.

MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 10
> 100 ppmv of CO2 "melting mile-thick ice"

And that is lie 10 out of 10 for Cato.

The phrase "melting mile-thick ice." never appears in Gores Documentary.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 11
> Hurricane Caterina "manmade"

Which is lie # 11 for Cato A repeat of Lie #7

This is what Gore says about Katrina.

"And then of course came Katrina. It is worth remembering that when it hit
Florida it was a Category 1, but it killed a lot of people and caused
billions of dollars worth of damage. And then, what happened? Before it hit
New Orleans, it went over warmer water. As the water temperature increases,
the wind velocity increases and the moisture content increases. And you'll
see Hurricane Katrina form over Florida. And then as it comes into the Gulf
over warm water it becomes stronger and stronger and stronger. Look at that
Hurricane's eye. And of course the consequences were so horrendous; there
are no words to describe it. "

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 12
> Japanese typhoons "a new record"

Which is lie # 12 for Cato.

Warmer Seas Creating Stronger Hurricane, Study Confirms
by Ker Than

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 13
> Hurricanes "getting stronger"

Which is lie # 13 for Cato
.
Warmer Seas Creating Stronger Hurricane, Study Confirms
by Ker Than

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 14
> Big storm insurances losses "increasing"

Which is lie # 14 for Cato
Weather-Related Insurance Losses Doubled in '07
30 Dec 07
Losses to insurers from natural disasters nearly doubled this year to just
below $30 billion globally after an unusually quiet 2006, a leading
reinsurer said, from winter storms in Europe, flooding in Britain and
wildfires in the U.S.

http://www.desmogblog.com/weather-related-insurance-losses-doubled-in-07

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote
> ERROR 15
> Mumbai "flooding"

Which is lie # 15 for Cato.
Mumbai did flood.

The Maharashtra floods of 2005 refers to the flooding of many parts of the
Indian state of Maharashtra including large areas of the metropolis Mumbai,
a city located on the coast of the Arabian Sea, on the western coast of
India, in which at least 1,000 people died. It occurred just one month after
similar flooding in Gujarat.
The floods were caused by the eighth heaviest ever recorded 24-hour rainfall
figure of 944 mm (37.2 inches) which lashed the metropolis on 26 July 2005,
and intermittently continued for the next day. 644 mm (25.4 inches) was
received within the 12-hr period between 8am and 8pm. Torrential rainfall
continued for the next week.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 16
> Severe tornadoes "more frequent"

Which is lie # 16 for Cato.
Reconstructing the frequency of tornado occurrence in the central United
States

Matthew J. Menne, NOAA/NESDIS/NCDC, Asheville, NC

Evidence is presented that the apparent decrease in strong-to-violent
tornado frequency since 1950 implied by the official storm archive is
inconsistent with the radiosonde record. Abrupt changes in the bias of the
reconstruction, that is, the ratio of the number of tornado soundings
predicted to the number observed, are shown to be coincident with changes in
storm classification procedures that occurred during the 1970s and the early
1990s. Rather than a decrease in frequency since the 1950s, the
reconstruction suggests that supercell tornado frequency has been reasonably
stationary until the 1990s when some increase in frequency is suggested.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 17
> The sun "heats the Arctic ocean"

Which is lie # 17 for Cato.

The sun does heat the arctic ocean from the moment the sun rises over the
arctic ocean.

MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 18
> Arctic "warming fastest" Gore says the Arctic has been warming faster
> than the rest of the planet. It is not.

Which is lie #18 by Cato.
Arctic warming at twice global rate
Shaoni Bhattacharya

17:58 02 November 2004
NewScientist.com news service

Global warming in the Arctic is happening now, warns the most comprehensive
scientific report to date. The reports concludes that the northern ice cap
is warming at twice the global rate and that this will lead to serious
consequences for the planet.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6615-arctic-warming-at-twice-global-rate.html

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 19
> Greenland ice sheet "unstable"

Which is lie #19 by Cato.

The word "unstable" never appears in Gore's award winning documentary - "An
Inconvenient Truth".

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 20
> Himalayan glacial melt waters "failing"

Which is lie #20 by Cato.

The word "failing" never appears in Gore's award winning documentary - "An
Inconvenient Truth."

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 8:59:12 PM4/19/08
Observation, out of 20 points listed below. Libertarian Cato is found to
have lied in every instance.

Concludion. Libertarian Cato is a Liar.

Hardly a surprise as I have never encounterd a Libertairan who wasn't a
perpetual liar.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 1
> Sea level "rising 6 m"

Never stated. Cato's First lie.

> ERROR 2
> Pacific islands "drowning"

Stated in the future tense, not the current tense. Cato's Second Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 3
> Thermohaline circulation "stopping"

Stated as a possibility - and correctly so. Cato's Third Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 4
> CO2 "driving temperature"

It does. Cato's Forth Lie.

> [...]

> Arctic "warming fastest" Gore says the Arctic has been warming faster
> than the rest of the planet. It is not.

Which is lie #18 by Cato.

Arctic warming at twice global rate
Shaoni Bhattacharya

17:58 02 November 2004
NewScientist.com news service
Global warming in the Arctic is happening now, warns the most comprehensive
scientific report to date. The reports concludes that the northern ice cap
is warming at twice the global rate and that this will lead to serious
consequences for the planet.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6615-arctic-warming-at-twice-global-rate.html

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 19
> Greenland ice sheet "unstable"

Which is lie #19 by Cato.

The word "unstable" never appears in Gore's award winning documentary - "An

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 8:59:24 PM4/19/08
Observation, out of 20 points listed below. Libertarian Cato is found to
have lied in every instance.

Concludion. Libertarian Cato is a Liar.

Hardly a surprise as I have never encounterd a Libertairan who wasn't a
perpetual liar.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 1
> Sea level "rising 6 m"

Never stated. Cato's First lie.

> ERROR 2
> Pacific islands "drowning"

Stated in the future tense, not the current tense. Cato's Second Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 3
> Thermohaline circulation "stopping"

Stated as a possibility - and correctly so. Cato's Third Lie.

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 4
> CO2 "driving temperature"

It does. Cato's Forth Lie.

> [...]

> Arctic "warming fastest" Gore says the Arctic has been warming faster
> than the rest of the planet. It is not.

Which is lie #18 by Cato.

Arctic warming at twice global rate
Shaoni Bhattacharya

17:58 02 November 2004
NewScientist.com news service
Global warming in the Arctic is happening now, warns the most comprehensive
scientific report to date. The reports concludes that the northern ice cap
is warming at twice the global rate and that this will lead to serious
consequences for the planet.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6615-arctic-warming-at-twice-global-rate.html

"Cato" <cato...@sympatico.ca> wrote

> ERROR 19
> Greenland ice sheet "unstable"

Which is lie #19 by Cato.

The word "unstable" never appears in Gore's award winning documentary - "An

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 19, 2008, 8:59:42 PM4/19/08

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote

> AL Gore has been debunked

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 5:41:23 PM4/19/08
Gauche & loud communist, US-expatriate & pauper Scott Nudds
aka "VD-for-Vendicar" <Just...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> aka
VD Scotty who bragged that he **never** drove and much less
owned an automobile cranked himself grievously and then he
Scuttled his Nutts while he wrote unintentionally the questionable
half-praise about Al Gore in the post below which he quickly tried
to cover up.... ahahaha... Here it is again for the sake of laughs:

Scott Nudds wrote:
> Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy
> By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer
> Some scientists said Gore confused his ice sheets when he said the effect
> of the Clean Air Act is noticeable in the Antarctic ice core; it is the
> Greenland ice core. Others thought Gore oversimplified the causal-link
> between the key greenhouse gas carbon dioxide and rising temperatures.
> While some nonscientists could be depressed by the dire disaster-laden
> warmer world scenario that Gore laid out, one top researcher thought it
> was too optimistic. Tom Wigley, senior scientist at the National Center
> for Atmospheric Research, thought the former vice president sugarcoated
> the problem by saying that with already-available technologies and changes
> in habit - such as changing light bulbs - the world could help slow or
> stop global warming.
> While more than 1 million people have seen the movie since it opened in
> May, that does not include Washington's top science decision makers.
> President Bush said he won't see it. The heads of the Environmental
> Protection Agency and NASA haven't seen it,
> and the president's science adviser said the movie is on his to-see list.
> "They are quite literally afraid to know the truth," Gore said.
> "Because if you accept the truth of what the scientific community is
> saying, it gives you a moral imperative to start to rein in the 70 million
> tons of global warming pollution that human civilization is putting into
> the atmosphere every day."
> As far as the movie's entertainment value, Scripps Institution geosciences
> professor Jeff Severinghaus summed it up: "My wife fell asleep. Of course,
> I was on the edge of my chair."

James

Apr 19, 2008, 5:55:38 PM4/19/08

"V-for-Vendicar" <Jus...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> wrote in message

By being a stickler for minutia, you get the liars award.

James

Apr 19, 2008, 6:04:34 PM4/19/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote in message

Seems you are the only one who can shut VD up.

hanson

Apr 19, 2008, 9:36:19 PM4/19/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote in message
Gauche & loud communist, US-expatriate & pauper Scott Nudds
aka "VD-for-Vendicar" <Just...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> aka
VD Scotty who bragged that he **never** drove and much less
owned an automobile cranked himself grievously and then he
Scuttled his Nutts while he wrote unintentionally the questionable
half-praise about Al Gore in the post below which he quickly tried
to cover up.... ahahaha... Here it is again for the sake of laughs:

> --------------------

ahahahaha... So VD-Scotty, since when do you have doubts about

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote
Seems you are the only one who can shut VD-Scotty up.

hanson wrote:
ahahaha... There may a some classified, de-coupled reasons for that:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.space.policy/msg/ed8c6adef0cf06c8
wherein Poster Eric Chomko scuttled Scotty's Nudds & determined that:
*********** "hanson is VD-Scotty's handler" ************,
after Poster Lion Kunts aka "Awe Shit" investigated & dug up paydirt
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/392ee45417aa12c5
and "Awe Shit", not so brilliantly, revealed that :
**** "hanson is the Chauffeur of Organized Corporate Crime Lords" ****
Needless to say, check the record,... sadly, "Awe Shit" is no longer
around. .... ahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... But VD-Scotty is too much
fun NOT to have around, which he resents, which is why he falls silent.
Thanks for the laughs, guy.... ahahaha... ahahahanson

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 6:24:19 AM4/20/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely Nothing

Meanwhile...

March the warmest on record over world land surfaces By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID,
AP
Science Writer - April 17, 2998

WASHINGTON - Planet Earth continues to run a fever. Last month was the
warmest
March on record over land surfaces of the world and the second warmest
overall
worldwide. For the United States, however, it was just an average March, the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported Thursday.

NOAA's National Climatic Data Center said high temperatures over much of
Asia
pulled the worldwide land temperature up to an average of 40.8 degrees
Fahrenheit (4.9 degrees Celsius), 3.2 degrees (1.8 C) warmer than the
average in
the 20th century.

While Asia had its greatest January snow cover this year, warm March
readings
caused a rapid melt and March snow cover on the continent was a record low.
Global ocean temperatures were the 13th warmest on record, with a weakening
of
the La Nina conditions that cool the tropical Pacific Ocean.

Overall land and sea surface temperatures for the world were second highest
in
129 years of record keeping, trailing only 2002, the agency said.

Warming conditions in recent decades have continued to raise concern about
global climate change, which many weather and climate experts believe is
related
to gases released into the atmosphere by industrial and transportation
processes.

The climate center said that for the 48 contiguous United States it was
about
average, ranking as the 63rd warmest March in 113 years of record keeping.
The average temperature for the U.S. in March was 42 degrees, 0.4 degrees
below
the 20th century mean.

The agency said only Rhode Island, New Mexico and Arizona were warmer than
average, while near-average temperatures occurred in 39 other states. The
monthly temperature for Alaska was the 17th warmest on record.

The snow pack declined in many parts of the West in March, but the Western
snow
pack remains the best in more than a decade thanks to heavy snowfall
December
through February.

For the month, nine states from Oklahoma to Vermont were much wetter than
average, with Missouri experiencing its second wettest March on record.
Moderate to extreme drought remains in much of the Southeast despite
rainfall in
the middle of the month.

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 6:26:34 AM4/20/08

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote Absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile...

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 6:26:49 AM4/20/08

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 6:26:59 AM4/20/08

hanson

Apr 20, 2008, 3:39:18 AM4/20/08
ahahahaha... HAHAHAHA... ahahaha... with his red pants on fire

Gauche & loud communist, US-expatriate & pauper Scott Nudds
aka "VD-for-Vendicar" <Just...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> aka
VD Scotty who bragged that he **never** drove and much less
owned an automobile cranked himself grievously and then he
Scuttled his Nutts and as usual fantasized and lied:

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote Absolutely nothing.
[said VD Scotty. But watch how VD-Scotty lies.... ahahaha]

VD Scotty said:
Libertarian Cato is found to have lied in every instance.
Concludion. Libertarian Cato is a Liar.
Hardly a surprise as I have never encounterd a Libertairan
who wasn't a perpetual liar.

hanson wrote:
But you have, VD-Scotty, you have and you are... Look into
the mirror and your old posts where YOU said about yourself:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.impeach.bush/msg/920496e1657a9c92
::VD:: I'm Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism.children/msg/808fe1a32a9bec99
::VD:: Those who love liberty vote Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.america/msg/e3bcc30e30f20b41
::VD:: I am a Libertarian.

AHAHAHAHA... AHAHAHA... thanks for the laughs, LIAR-Scotty.
ahahaha... ahahanson

hanson

Apr 20, 2008, 1:41:40 PM4/20/08

"VD-for-Vendicar" <Jus...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> wrote in message
> "hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely Nothing [except that]

Gauche & loud communist, US-expatriate & pauper Scott Nudds
with his red pants on fire... ahahahaha... HAHAHAHA... ahahaha...

hanson wrote:
But you have, VD-Scotty, you have and you are... Look into
the mirror and your old posts where YOU said about yourself:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.impeach.bush/msg/920496e1657a9c92
::VD:: I'm Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism.children/msg/808fe1a32a9bec99
::VD:: Those who love liberty vote Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.america/msg/e3bcc30e30f20b41
::VD:: I am a Libertarian.

AHAHAHAHA... AHAHAHA... thanks for the laughs, LIAR-Scotty.
ahahaha... ahahanson

... and here is the recent post that cranked VD Scotty to no end:
< http://groups.google.com/group/alt.global-warming/msg/d6e90d1f079c2857 >

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 9:37:22 PM4/20/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely Nothing

Meanwhile...

A Drought in Australia, a Global Shortage of Rice - New York Times

April 17, 2008
The Food Chain
A Drought in Australia, a Global Shortage of Rice
By KEITH BRADSHER

DENILIQUIN, Australia - Lindsay Renwick, the mayor of this dusty southern
Australian town, remembers the constant whir of the rice mill. "It was our
little heartbeat out there, tickety-tick-tickety," he said, imitating the
giant
fans that dried the rice, "and now it has stopped."

The Deniliquin mill, the largest rice mill in the Southern Hemisphere, once
processed enough grain to meet the needs of 20 million people around the
world.
But six long years of drought have taken a toll, reducing Australia's rice
crop
by 98 percent and leading to the mothballing of the mill last December.
Ten thousand miles separate the mill's hushed rows of oversized silos and
sheds
- beige, gray and now empty - from the riotous streets of Port-au-Prince,
Haiti,
but a widening global crisis unites them.

The collapse of Australia's rice production is one of several factors
contributing to a doubling of rice prices in the last three months -
increases
that have led the world's largest exporters to restrict exports severely,
spurred panicked hoarding in Hong Kong and the Philippines, and set off
violent
protests in countries including Cameroon, Egypt, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia,
Italy, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, the Philippines, Thailand, Uzbekistan and
Yemen.

Drought affects every agricultural industry based here, not just rice - from
sheepherding, the other mainstay in this dusty land, to the cultivation of
wine
grapes, the fastest-growing crop here, with that expansion often coming at
the
expense of rice.

The drought's effect on rice has produced the greatest impact on the rest of
the
world, so far. It is one factor contributing to skyrocketing prices, and
many
scientists believe it is among the earliest signs that a warming planet is
starting to affect food production.

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 20, 2008, 10:04:10 PM4/20/08

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

hanson

Apr 20, 2008, 7:09:16 PM4/20/08

"V-for-Vendicar" <Jus...@ExecuteTheBushTraitor.com> wrote in message

hanson

Apr 20, 2008, 7:09:17 PM4/20/08

hanson wrote:
But you have, VD-Scotty, you have and you are... Look into
the mirror and your old posts where YOU said about yourself:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.impeach.bush/msg/920496e1657a9c92
::VD:: I'm Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism.children/msg/808fe1a32a9bec99
::VD:: Those who love liberty vote Libertarian.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.america/msg/e3bcc30e30f20b41
::VD:: I am a Libertarian.

AHAHAHAHA... AHAHAHA... thanks for the laughs, LIAR-Scotty.
ahahaha... ahahanson

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 21, 2008, 12:18:20 AM4/21/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely nothing

meanwhile....

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 21, 2008, 12:18:36 AM4/21/08

hanson

Apr 21, 2008, 12:33:00 AM4/21/08
"V-for-Vendicar" said:
"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely nothing [except that ]

hanson

Apr 21, 2008, 12:33:01 AM4/21/08
"V-for-Vendicar" said:
"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely nothing [except that ]

V-for-Vendicar

Apr 21, 2008, 4:43:45 AM4/21/08

"hanson" <han...@quick.net> wrote Absolutely nothing

Meanwhile...

Climate Models Match Well With Current Observations
Posted April 15, 2008

More than a dozen centers around the world develop climate models to
enhance
our understanding of climate change and serve as the basis for policy
decisions.
But just how good are those models, and can they truly be relied upon? A new
study by meteorologists at the University of Utah shows that current climate
models are quite accurate and can be valuable tools for those seeking
solutions
to global warming trends.

This coupled climate model of Earth uses of data from the NCAR Community
Climate
Model, the Los Alamos National Laboratory Parallel Ocean Program, and the
Naval
Postgraduate School sea-ice model.

"Coupled models are becoming increasingly reliable tools for understanding
climate and climate change, and the best models are now capable of
simulating
present-day climate with accuracy approaching conventional atmospheric
observations," said Thomas Reichler of Utah's Department of Meteorology. "We
can
now place a much higher level of confidence in model-based projections of

climate change than in the past."

Reichler and his colleague Junsu Kim compared the output of about 50
different
national and international models against real, observed present climate.
The
simulations were developed over the past two decades at major climate
research
centers in China, Russia, Australia, Canada, France, Korea, Great Britain,
Germany, and the United States and included those used for the 2007 report
of
the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Most of those models project a global warming trend that amounts to about 7
degrees Fahrenheit over the next 100 years.

Coupled climate models factor in several physical characteristics that
affect
climate, such dynamics of the atmosphere, oceans, land surface, living
things,
sea ice, and energy from the Sun. Reichler and Kim chose 14 different
variables
to evaluate model performance, including atmospheric pressure at sea level,
air
temperature, wind, precipitation, snow cover and ocean salinity.

The most complex models are so elaborate they must be run on supercomputers.
commonly used model, known as the Community Climate System Model, is so
complex
it requires about 3 trillion computer calculations to simulate a single day
of
global climate. According to the researchers, improvements in modern-day
models
resulted from not only better computing power but more comprehensive data
collection and a more sophisticated understanding of climate processes.

Although model-based projections of future climate are now more credible
than
ever, the study was designed to see how well the models stack up to current
climate, which is reliably observed and recorded. The "underlying
assumption,"
the scientists say, is that a model that accurately describes present
climate
will make a better projection of the future. Still, they admit there too
many
unknowns involved in the evolution of future climate, such as how much
humans
will curb their greenhouse gas emissions.

The study, "How Well do Coupled Models Simulate Today's Climate?," was
published
April 4, 2008, in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
This research was supported by the National Science Foundation and the
National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
-Leslie Fink/NSF

This report is provided by the National Science Foundation, an independent
federal agency that supports fundamental research and education across all
fields of science and engineering, in partnership with U.S. News and World
Report.

V-for-Vendicar

Lloyd

Apr 21, 2008, 11:27:22 AM4/21/08
> "Cato" <caton...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> ERROR 1
>
> Sea level "rising 6 m"

If trends continue ... Gore didn't say next year.

> ERROR 2
>
> Pacific islands "drowning"

Ditto.

> ERROR 3
>
> Thermohaline circulation "stopping"

Ditto

> ERROR 4
> CO2 "driving temperature"

You are lying -- this is true.

> ERROR 5
>
> Gore says “global warming” has been melting the snows of Mount
> Kilimanjaro in Africa. It is not.

It's one of the causes.

> ERROR 6
>
> Lake Chad "drying up" Gore says “global warming” dried up Lake Chad in
> Africa. It did not. Over-extraction of water and changing agricultural
> patterns dried the lake, which was also dry in 8500BC, 5500BC, 1000BC
> and 100BC. Ms. Kreider says, “There are multiple stresses upon Lake
> Chad.” However, the scientific consensus is that at present those
> “stresses” do not include “global warming.”
>
> ERROR 7
>
> Hurricane Katrina "man made"
>
> ERROR 8
>
> Polar bears "dying"

They are threatened -- even the US gov't admits this.

> ERROR 9
>
> Gore says coral reefs are “bleaching” because of “global warming.”
> They are not. There was some bleaching in 1998, but this was caused by
> the exceptional El Nino Southern Oscillation that year. Two similarly
> severe El Ninos over the past 250 years also caused extensive
> bleaching. “Global warming” was nothing to do with it.

Lie.

> Many things can cause bleaching, such as land run-off in Australia,
> and other natural factors..... Coral reefs have been with us for
> hundreds of millions of years.... including many times when the oceans
> where much warmer then now.
>
> ERROR 10
>
> 100 ppmv of CO2 "melting mile-thick ice"

Lie.

> ERROR 11
>
> Hurricane Caterina "manmade"
>
> ERROR 12
>
> Japanese typhoons "a new record"
>
> ERROR 13
>
> Hurricanes "getting stronger"

Lie.

> ERROR 14
>
> Big storm insurances losses "increasing"

Ask an insurance company. You lie.

> ERROR 15
>
> Mumbai "flooding"
>
> ERROR 16
>
> Severe tornadoes "more frequent"
>
> ERROR 17
>
> The sun "heats the Arctic ocean"
> Gore says that ice-melt allows the Sun to heat the Arctic Ocean, and a
> diagram shows the Sun’s rays heating it directly. It does not. The
> ocean emits radiant energy at the moment of absorption, and would
> freeze if there were no atmosphere. It is the atmosphere, not the Sun
> that warms the ocean.

If A causes B and B causes C, A causes C.

>Also, Gore’s diagram confuses the tropopause
> with the ionosphere, and he makes a number of other errors indicating
> that he does not understand the elementary physics of radiative
> transfer.

Like you do!

> ERROR 18
>
> Arctic "warming fastest" Gore says the Arctic has been warming faster
> than the rest of the planet. It is not.

Lie. It is.

>While it is in general true
> that during periods of warming (whether natural or anthropogenic) the
> Arctic will warm faster than other regions, Gore does not mention that
> the Arctic has been cooling over the past 60 years, and is now one
> degree Celsius cooler than it was in the 1940s.

Parts of it are warming fastest.

>There was a record
> amount of snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere in 2001.

Snow isn't caused by cold.

>Several
> vessels were icebound in the Arctic in the spring of 2007, but few
> newspapers reported this. The newspapers reported that the North-West
> Passage was free of ice in 2007, and said that this was for the first
> time since records began: but the records, taken by satellites, had
> only begun 29 years previously.

We have records going back further.

>The North-West Passage had also been
> open for shipping in 1945, and, in 1903, the great Norwegian explorer
> Amundsen had passed through it in a sailing ship.
>
> ERROR 19
>
> Greenland ice sheet "unstable"

Lie.

> ERROR 20
>
> Himalayan glacial melt waters "failing"

Lie.

> ERROR 21
>
> Peruvian glaciers "disappearing" Gore says that a Peruvian glacier is
> less extensive now than it was in the 1940s, implying that “global
> warming” is the cause. It is not. Except for the very highest peaks,
> the normal state of the Peruvian cordilleras has been ice-free
> throughout most of the past 10,000 years.

Lie.

> ERROR 22
>
> Mountain glaciers worldwide "disappearing" Gore says that “the ice has
> a story to tell, and it is worldwide.” He shows several before-and-
> after pictures of glaciers disappearing. However, the glacial melt
> began in the 1820s, long before humankind could have had any effect,
> and has continued at a uniform rate since, showing no acceleration
> since humankind began increasing the quantity of CO2 in the
> atmosphere. Total ice volumes in three of the last four Ice Ages were
> lower than they are today, and “global warming” had nothing to do with
> that.

Lie. Glaciers are melting due to GW.

> ERROR 23
>
> Sahara desert "drying" Gore says terrible tragedies are occurring in
> the southern Sahara because of drought which he blames on “global
> warming.” There is no drought caused by “global warming.” In 2007
> there were record rains across the whole of the southern Sahara. In
> the past 25 years the Sahara has shrunk by some 300,000 square
> kilometers because of additional rainfall. Some scientists think
> “global warming” may actually mitigate pre-existing droughts because
> there will be more water vapor in the atmosphere. Before 1200 AD there
> were frequent, prolonged and severe droughts in the Great Plains.
> Since 1200 AD, there has been more rainfall. Likewise, the US has had
> more rainfall since the 1950s than it had in the earlier part of the
> 20th Century, when the great droughts which were then common were
> described by John Steinbeck in The Grapes of Wrath. South African
> rainfall was also more stable in the second half of the 20th Century,
> when human effect on climate is said to have become significant, than
> in the first half.
>
> ERROR 24
>
> West Antarctic ice sheet "unstable" Gore says disturbing changes
> have been measured under the West Antarctic ice sheet, implicitly
> because of “global warming.” Yet most of the recession in this ice
> sheet over the past 10,000 years has occurred in the absence of any
> sea-level or temperature forcing.

How about now?

> In most of Antarctica, the ice is in
> fact growing thicker. Mean Antarctic temperature has actually fallen
> throughout the past half-century. In some Antarctic glens,
> environmental damage has been caused by temperature decreases of up to
> 2 degrees Celsius. Antarctic sea-ice spread to a 30-year record extent
> in late 2007.
>
> ERROR 25
>
> Antarctic Peninsula ice shelves "breaking up" Gore says half a dozen
> ice shelves each “larger than Rhode Island” have broken up and
> vanished from the Antarctic Peninsula recently, implicitly because of
> “global warming.” Global warming is unlikely to have been the cause.

Lie.

> Gore does not explain that the ice shelves have melted before, as
> studies of seabed sediments have shown. The Antarctic Peninsula
> accounts for about 2% of the continent, in most of which the ice is
> growing thicker. All the recently-melted shelves, added together,
> amount to an area less than one-fifty-fifth the size of Texas.
>
> ERROR 26
>
> Larsen B Ice Shelf "broke up because of 'global warming'" Gore
> focuses on the Larsen B ice shelf, saying that it completely
> disappeared in 35 days. Yet there has been extensive ice-shelf break-
> up throughout the past 10,000 years, and the maximum ice-shelf extent
> may have been in the Little Ice Age in the late 15th century.

This is now.

> ERROR 27
>
> Mosquitoes "climbing to higher altitudes" Gore says that, because of
> “global warming”, mosquitoes are climbing to higher altitudes. They
> are not.

Insects and other diseases are moving to higher altitudes.

And thrive in warmer climates.

> ERROR 29
>
> West Nile virus in the US "spread through 'global warming'" Gore says
> that West Nile virus spread throughout the US in just two years,
> implicitly because of “global warming.” It did not. The climate in the
> US ranges from some of the world’s hottest deserts to some of its
> iciest tundra. West Nile virus flourishes in any climate. Warming of
> the climate, however caused, does not affect its incidence or
> prevalence.
>
> ERROR 30
>
> Carbon dioxide is "pollution"

Uh, the Supreme Court has ruled on this.