Another good day for Liberty

Vendicar Decarian

Jul 3, 2004, 10:28:13 PM7/3/04
Another great day for Liberty - Another American terrorist decapitated in
Iraq.

Iraq Militants Claim Marine Beheading

Email this Story

Jul 3, 7:19 PM (ET)

By NADIA ABOU EL-MAGD

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - An Iraqi militant group claimed on a Web site Saturday
it beheaded a captive U.S. Marine, in what would be the fourth decapitation
of a foreign hostage in the region since May.

The group, called the Ansar al-Sunna Army, posted a written statement on an
Islamic Web site claiming that it had killed Lebanese-born Cpl. Wassef Ali
Hassoun, saying he had been lured into a trap involving a love affair with
an Arab woman.

Also Saturday, insurgents set off a roadside bomb at an Iraqi checkpoint,
killing seven national guardsmen in the deadliest attack on Iraqi troops
since the U.S. occupation authorities transferred power to a new Iraqi
government five days ago.

Mission Accomplished!

--
"We must create a <economic> crisis in order to ensure that there is no
alternative to a smaller government." - Bush - Imprimus Magazine 1995.

"We seek to remove resources from the control of the state, thereby starving
it." - International Society for Individual Liberty - NeoCon Libertarian.

"Throughout his term, Bush has implied tax cuts would starve the government,
paying for themselves by causing budget deficits that, in turn, would place
heavy pressure on Congress to lower spending." - Jeff Lemieux - Senior
Economist - Progressive Policy Institute.

"They have an agenda which is to starve the government of revenue. But in
order to get it through, they keep on having to pretend that the tax cuts
are affordable, and so they've been suppressing the likely cost of
everything, including the war on terror." - Paul Krugman - Economist.

email_this_page_sm.gif

JohnAndrew

Jul 6, 2004, 9:10:09 AM7/6/04
Vendicar Decarian, which side are you on, really?

There are tens of thousands Americans who opposed the latest
war on Iraq from the beginning, on the grounds that
it would get American soldiers killed for no reason, while
also destabilizing Iraq and destroying the last
shreds of Iraq's infrastructure and helping al Qaeda
recruit new terrorists.

There were Democrats, independents and even a
number of Republicans warning Bush, before he decided
to launch this war, that fighting it would not really
be in America's interest.

Now you, purporting to represent the peace forces and
the Democrats, are telling people it's a "good thing" when
American soldiers get beheaded in Iraq?

You're not doing a damned thing to win friends and
supporters for the cause you purport to champion, are you,
Vendicar? You're mostly just writing what you think
will get the average patriotic American pissed off.

It sounds to me like you have an unconscious wish
for self-destruction here. Or, you're playing a double game
-- pretending to be antiwar while in fact doing everything you can
to make perfectly patriotic American peace activists look like fools or traitors.

Or like angry adolescents "acting out" against Mom & Dad.

If you're sincere, Vendicar [and you may or may not be],
PLEASE get yourself a new PR strategy. And try to
figure out whether you're really hoping to persuade
your audience, or if you secretly
just want to annoy and infuriate them.

The fact is, both Americans and Iraqis are being killed
in Iraq, day after day and week after week, and a lot of
decent people on all sides of the political spectrum are
trying to find ways for the killing to stop. Your
jumping in with a message saying how wonderful the killing
is, even if you're writing ironically and actually mean
the opposite, is almost certainly not helping the situation.
Or the antiwar movement. Or most Iraqis and Americans.

Mao Zhe Dong once wrote of the Chinese revolution that
if the radicals wanted to win it, they needed to "speak in
Chinese" with a good Chinese accent that the majority
of the people would find pleasing. They couldn't win a damned
thing in China by writing "eight legged essays on foreign
subjects."

It would NOT be a good idea for the American
progressive movement to follow Mao in trying to launch
a peasant revolution and guerrilla war in the US - it would
be a disaster, in fact. But if progressives and peace
activists want to bring about anything good in the United
States, we need to "speak in American," and in a way that
most Americans will applaud. It's only when very large
numbers of people see the logic in the progressive and/or
antiwar position that we have any chance of winning, and in
a democracy, that's exactly as it should be.

QED: it's counter-
productive for us to write and speak in ways that piss
off the majority. Let's tell our fellow citizens the
truth and the whole truth, but not insult them in the
process. That's wrong.

Debi Rilea

Jul 6, 2004, 9:38:30 AM7/6/04
Now that has a lot to do with sewing... ?????????

"JohnAndrew" <AJFee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Vendicar Decarian

Jul 7, 2004, 10:29:52 PM7/7/04

"JohnAndrew" <AJFee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Now you, purporting to represent the peace forces and
> the Democrats, are telling people it's a "good thing" when
> American soldiers get beheaded in Iraq?

I'm not a Democrat. Never have I stated I'm a democrate.

I'm Libertarian.

"JohnAndrew" <AJFee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You're not doing a damned thing to win friends and
> supporters for the cause you purport to champion, are you,
> Vendicar? You're mostly just writing what you think
> will get the average patriotic American pissed off.

I am writing to let you know what the world thinks of you.

AmeriKKKa is now the primary enemy of all freedom loving people.

"JohnAndrew" <AJFee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> It sounds to me like you have an unconscious wish
> for self-destruction here. Or, you're playing a double game
> -- pretending to be antiwar while in fact doing everything you can
> to make perfectly patriotic American peace activists look like fools or
traitors.

Should my comments press America to bankrupt itself further both
financially and morally this serves my purpose. Should Americans learn how
they are viewed by the world, this serves my purpose. Should Americans
Re-elect George Bush, this serves my purpose. Should the impeach and try
George Bush for treason and war crimes, this serves my purpose. Should the
elect Kerry or Nader, this serves my purpose. If AmeriKKKans learn nothing,
then they will die in ignorance. and that serves as a always joyful form of
entertainment.

Watching Republicans die in Iraq ia pure pleasure.

Mike Behrent

Jul 7, 2004, 11:08:22 PM7/7/04
Don't waste your time on this moronic troll.

--
it's easier to run away with your kilt up than with your pants down.
Mike in Wisconsin

"Vendicar Decarian" <V...@Pyro.net> wrote in message

Vince Barmann

Jul 7, 2004, 11:33:40 PM7/7/04
Mike Behrent wrote:

>AmeriKKKa is now the primary enemy of all
> freedom loving people.

Nasty stutter you got there, dood.

Vince BBB.

--
Save the Thetans!
Send them to the Thetan Sanctuary

Mike Behrent

Jul 8, 2004, 12:25:22 AM7/8/04
I didn't write that, I said to ignore the moronic troll

--
it's easier to run away with your kilt up than with your pants down.
Mike in Wisconsin

"Vince Barmann" <vbarI...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Vendicar Decarian

Jul 8, 2004, 1:18:42 PM7/8/04

"Mike Behrent" <beh...@new.rr.com> wrote in message

> Don't waste your time on this moronic troll.

5 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Iraq Gunfire
July 8,2004

By RAVI NESSMAN, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Insurgents firing mortar rounds destroyed a headquarters
used by U.S. and Iraqi forces in the city of Samarra on Thursday, killing
five American soldiers and one Iraqi guardsman, the military said.

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 8, 2004, 4:07:58 PM7/8/04
"Vendicar Decarian" <V...@Pyro.net> wrote:

>"JohnAndrew" <AJFee...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Now you, purporting to represent the peace forces and
>> the Democrats, are telling people it's a "good thing" when
>> American soldiers get beheaded in Iraq?

>I'm not a Democrat. Never have I stated I'm a democrate.

And we wouldn't have you, bitch! <smile>

Actually for the duration of the crisis, I'm registered Democratic however
once this fascism regime is deposed and power is handed back to the
American people, I'll probably slip back into the Voter Apathy Party.

---
Where to find Fahrenheit 9/11: http://www.f911tix.com/
For activists: Not Ordered Text Server at http://www.notserver.com/
Baby Killer Bush: most unwelcome American ever to set foot on Irish soil:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0624/primetime/primetime56_1c.smil

Vendicar Decarian

Jul 9, 2004, 12:23:12 AM7/9/04

"Fredric L. Rice" <REMOV...@SkepticTank.ORG> wrote in message

> Actually for the duration of the crisis, I'm registered Democratic however
> once this fascism regime is deposed and power is handed back to the
> American people, I'll probably slip back into the Voter Apathy Party.

Exactly what got you into the mess you are now in.

Mike Behrent

Jul 9, 2004, 12:40:12 AM7/9/04
The question I have is what in hell does any of this have to do with sewing?
Take to a political NG. You're boring the hell out of everyone.

--
it's easier to run away with your kilt up than with your pants down.
Mike in Wisconsin

"Vendicar Decarian" <V...@Pyro.net> wrote in message

Vendicar Decarian

Jul 9, 2004, 12:57:27 AM7/9/04

> The question I have is what in hell does any of this have to do with
sewing?
> Take to a political NG. You're boring the hell out of everyone.

4 years ago... Before the traitor Bush stole the election.... I told you
sew.

Fredric L. Rice

Jul 9, 2004, 12:28:39 PM7/9/04
"Vendicar Decarian" <V...@Pyro.net> wrote:

True however at least I'll keep an eye on the Republinazis to come and
will register appropriately if fascism ever rears its ugly head again.