What happened to rec.scuba.locations?

1 view

Reef Fish

Nov 30, 2006, 4:21:08 PM11/30/06
It USED to be such an active newsgroup and whenever I posted
something, about 6 people would come from rec.scuba to flame me.

I didn't read rec.scuba.location this month until Nov 18 when I
happened to notice the subject "Where is Bob".

Now the SHOCKER is the Google statistic about this group:

This month's top posters
20 Reef Fish
12 pleebe...@bellsouth.net
10 moss...@qnet.com
8 zmpmag3-plon...@yahoo.com
8 bra...@pathcom.com

I still remember there used to be that many POSTS in a DAY,
with plenty of scuba talk even though there were always the
noise makers. But now???

We need Giovanni Marola to liven up this group with some
of his conficio and Aldora pictures! :-0

Reef Fish Bob.

Dan Bracuk

Nov 30, 2006, 11:05:41 PM11/30/06
"Reef Fish" <large_nass...@yahoo.com> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:

:
:I didn't read rec.scuba.location this month until Nov 18 when I
:happened to notice the subject "Where is Bob".
:
:Now the SHOCKER is the Google statistic about this group:
:
:This month's top posters
:20 Reef Fish
:12 pleebe...@bellsouth.net
:10 moss...@qnet.com
:8 zmpmag3-plon...@yahoo.com
:8 bra...@pathcom.com
:
:I still remember there used to be that many POSTS in a DAY,
:with plenty of scuba talk even though there were always the
:noise makers. But now???

If you want crap, post on rec.scuba. As they say over there, there is
only so much scuba stuff one can say.

Speaking of which, I am going to Grand Cayman on Sunday. This will be
a whole new experience for me. I haven't booked my diving in advance.
Hope they take Visa.

Dan Bracuk
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

Reef Fish

Dec 1, 2006, 12:30:36 AM12/1/06

Dan Bracuk wrote:
> "Reef Fish" <large_nass...@yahoo.com> pounded away at his
> keyboard resulting in:
>
> :It USED to be such an active newsgroup and whenever I posted
> :something, about 6 people would come from rec.scuba to flame me.
> :
> :I didn't read rec.scuba.location this month until Nov 18 when I
> :happened to notice the subject "Where is Bob".
> :
> :Now the SHOCKER is the Google statistic about this group:
> :
> :This month's top posters
> :20 Reef Fish
> :12 pleebe...@bellsouth.net
> :10 moss...@qnet.com
> :8 zmpmag3-plon...@yahoo.com
> :8 bra...@pathcom.com
> :
> :I still remember there used to be that many POSTS in a DAY,
> :with plenty of scuba talk even though there were always the
> :noise makers. But now???
>
> If you want crap, post on rec.scuba. As they say over there, there is
> only so much scuba stuff one can say.

The last time I posted there was in July, and haven't even looked there
since. But the rec.scuba folks Lee and his pals used to flock here to
make noise every time I talk scuba here. They must have given up
since I quite posting here, eh?

> Speaking of which, I am going to Grand Cayman on Sunday. This will be
> a whole new experience for me. I haven't booked my diving in advance.
> Hope they take Visa.

Sounds like a pretty desparate adventure. Should have stayed with
the Cayman Aggressor and do all three islands, but then you can't go
in December for that.

Have fun. The first time I ever dived the Cayman Aggressor, the boat
had to stay in Grand Cayman the entire time. Not a bad way to cover
the reefs there on one trip. :)

-- Reef Fish Bob.

HW "Skip" Weldon

Dec 1, 2006, 10:19:04 AM12/1/06
On 30 Nov 2006 13:21:08 -0800, "Reef Fish"
<large_nass...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It USED to be such an active newsgroup and whenever I posted
>something, about 6 people would come from rec.scuba to flame me.

Speaking only for myself, I got tired of being the oldest guy on the
boat and bought a new Harley instead. Also, they closed my favorite
spot (Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac) so I said the heck with it.

Plus, about the only reason I'd get on a plane today is if I knew
Raquel Welch was waiting for me on a beach somewhere, nekkid and
holding in one hand a check in my name for $1 million and in the other
hand a case of really cold Bud.

-HW "Skip" Weldon
Columbia, SC

Reef Fish

Dec 1, 2006, 12:40:48 PM12/1/06
HW "Skip" Weldon wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2006 13:21:08 -0800, "Reef Fish"
> <large_nass...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It USED to be such an active newsgroup and whenever I posted
> >something, about 6 people would come from rec.scuba to flame me.
>
> Speaking only for myself, I got tired of being the oldest guy on the
> boat and bought a new Harley instead.

You are ONE of the oldest guys alright. I remember you well in
those days of rec.scuba when SCUBA was discussed. Besides
you were a Chicken (USC) and I was a Tiger (Clemson) in
South Carolina. :-) But you aren't a day older today, compared
to how old I am.

I slowed down on my diving because of age (as in "know your
limits, and dive within them"), even though I can still dive to 200
feet anyday (and get back <G>). So, I've taken up CRUISING
and doing a few dives on cruises. I didn't realize I had done
25 cruises in three years until I counted them.

In your case, a switch to a Harley seems to be going the
REVERSE direction. May be that's your way of trying to be
Marlon Brando or Jame Dean (at their age ... 40 years ago?).

> Also, they closed my favorite
> spot (Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac) so I said the heck with it.

Not a good excuse (except for your non-diving wife, I presume).
I have to list at least 1,000 diving locations that have to close
before I would stoop to diving the Divi Tiara in the Brac. May
be that's why they finally closed it. :-)

> Plus, about the only reason I'd get on a plane today is if I knew
> Raquel Welch was waiting for me on a beach somewhere, nekkid and
> holding in one hand a check in my name for $1 million and in the other
> hand a case of really cold Bud.

Raquel Welch? That's some kind of grape juice? <G> You ARE
ancient! Besides, with your new Harley, surely you can update of
IMAGE of desirable nekkid wimmin! I shudder to think what
Rachel Welch would look like today nekkid of wrapped. Brrrrrr.

> -HW "Skip" Weldon
> Columbia, SC

I'll look for you when I see some new Harley trying to get up to
speed of my miniban. :-)

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Dan Bracuk

Dec 1, 2006, 5:47:35 PM12/1/06
"Reef Fish" <large_nass...@yahoo.com> pounded away at his
keyboard resulting in:

:Sounds like a pretty desparate adventure. Should have stayed with

:the Cayman Aggressor and do all three islands, but then you can't go
:in December for that.

We are going there due to a combination of price and availability.
Package deals are much less expensive than booking a la carte.

We were going to go to Cozumel - Iberostar. We saw the vacancies on
Air Canada Vacations, and said, let's book next week.

One week later Air Canada Vacations had nothing available for anywhere
in Cozumel during the week we wanted to travel. So we looked around
for what was available, and Beach Club Resort was, so we booked it.

It won't be a liveaboard, it won't be our first choice, but it will be
fun.

Our next liveaboard trip might the Aqua Cat.

"Magilla"

Dec 2, 2006, 12:47:11 AM12/2/06
"Reef Fish" wrote

> The last time I posted there was in July, and haven't even looked there
> since.

Hard to believe for you, but yeah, the OT has gotten pretty piss-poor.

BTW, I read here and there on a regular basis.

> But the rec.scuba folks Lee and his pals used to flock here to
> make noise every time I talk scuba here.

Naw, only when you go on your rampages. Talking scuba & bragging scuba
not the same.

You disappeared after Lee compared the two of us.

> They must have given up
> since I quite posting here, eh?

Can only speak for myself, no reason to engage when you're behaving,
more or less.

You trying to break the cease fire?

Curtis

Lee Bell

Dec 2, 2006, 9:10:34 AM12/2/06
Bob wrote:

> But the rec.scuba folks Lee and his pals used to flock here to
> make noise every time I talk scuba here.

Not at all. We only bother when you get abusive, or, as you did this time,
try to sneak criticism of people not involved in the discussion, into your
posts.

Magilla wrote:

> You disappeared after Lee compared the two of us.

I didn't compare the two of you. There really is no comparison. Bob tried
to compare. I simply set the record straight.

Bob wrote:

> They must have given up since I quite posting here, eh?

No, we just see no reason to get involved when you're being reasonable . . .
as long as you're being reasonable. I did not comment previously because
you were carrying on a civil discussion on subjects that did not involve
criticism of others. When that changed, two of us responded.

Magilla wrote:

> You trying to break the cease fire?

I hope not. Bob's always been welcome in any of these forums as long as he
avoids personal attacks. He has a pretty broad range of non technical
experience that can be of real use to many. It gets lost in the noise, when
he goes on the attack.

Lee

Reef Fish

Dec 2, 2006, 2:03:28 PM12/2/06

"Magilla" wrote:
> "Reef Fish" wrote
>
> > The last time I posted there was in July, and haven't even looked there
> > since.
>
> Hard to believe for you, but yeah, the OT has gotten pretty piss-poor.
>
> BTW, I read here and there on a regular basis.
>
> > But the rec.scuba folks Lee and his pals used to flock here to
> > make noise every time I talk scuba here.
>
> Naw, only when you go on your rampages. Talking scuba & bragging scuba
> not the same.
>
> You disappeared after Lee compared the two of us.

That had me doing a little bit of Google search to see what you were
talking about. I STILL don't know. But I found out the LAST time
that there was any kind of "comparison" of us in which both you and
were in the thread was in FEBRUARY, 2006.

It was a thread in which started on SCUBA,
"diving from a cruise ship" on Feb 13,

a subject I have plenty of information to share. I entered the thread
in post #4. Then Greg Mossman and I started talking about DIVING
together at the Mardi Gras and on post #16, Greg made the comment:

GM> And since you're a non-drinker, I'll be celebrating for the
GM> both of us.

In my reply on post #16, I introduced the new subject
"Drunk as a Feeesh" to assure Greg although I am known by
everyone that I don't drink, the only thing "ABSOLUTE is
ABSOLUTE zero of Kelvin <temperature>" and said, "my
total annual consumption of alcoholic breverages may not
exceed what you <Greg> consume in an hour" and recalled
fondly that my friend Strike, who had NEVER appeared in
rec.scuba before, popped up in rec.scuba in 2000 when I
was soundly flamed by the "Aldora Idiots" of that era, on
their manufactured lies, to proclaim:

Strike> Eh! Bob Ling is one of the few folks that I've
Strike> been privileged to meet and dive with who DOESN'T
Strike> drink!!!

To which I followed up with

RF> I haven't been accused of being a drunk in rec.scuba
RF> ever since. :-)

Entered Magilla on post #17 with

Magilla> Well damn, Bob, there's something you may actually
Magilla> brag about and not catch any "razzing" from me.
Magilla> Curtis

There was nothing to BRAG about not drinking -- anyone can
read my entire post and read the context of my conversation with
Greg about DIVING in which the subject of buying him his
birthday drink came up. (Greg's birthday that coincided with
when Mardi Gras was held in 2006).

Magilla's statement was absolutely true except for "bragging".

Lee Bell wasted NO TIME, to come on post #18, picking his
fight over the frivolus matter that I had already said it wasn't
"absolute" and even Curtis got the point, but

Lee> Sounds like redefining "is" to me. Everything he's
Lee> written in the past said he didn't drink at all.

That was February 16, only one day after Greg and I were
talking about a SCUBA trip in which we could meet as friends
and dive together as we had never done before. Greg and
I had out share of our Flame Wars in rec.scuba.locations,
but we haven't had one since. It's not like Lee Bell, whose
history I will not go into, but he has wreck every scuba
discussion group in which he has pariticipated.

The thread was derailed from #18 when Lee Bell entered
until post #98 when I took it back on track with the subject

"2006 Mardi Gras in Cozumel, Anyone?"

It was between Greg and I almost exclusively between #98
and #113 when the thread ended, in which I posted from the
the hotel we both stayed (Bahia Hotel), during Greg's 3 night
short trip. It was a get together as ALL SCUBA divers
should, previous flamewars notwithstanding. and enjoy the
comeraderie of DIVING.

Greg was very gracious and kind to have made his concluding
remark in the entire thread:

GM> Thanks again for all my birthday drinks and, in general,
GM> for giving us the idea and a great excuse to come down
GM> and enjoy Carnivale and some darn nice diving as well.
GM> It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and Sue and I
GM> look forward to crossing your path sometime in the future,
GM> especially after you've had a chance to restock your stash
GM> of free Courvoisier mini bottles :)

That was one of the most enjoyable three days in Cozumel I
have enjoyed diving with anyone (I could say the same about
Dan Bracuk the year before, if Ihadn't said it already).

That's the RECENT HISTORY.

Magilla> You disappeared after Lee compared the two of us.

You flatter both Lee and yourself.

Given that one LINE, I started looking back into the archives.
It was then that I discovered that the most happy ending of the
dives with Greg was about the last time I actually paricipated
in rec.scuba.locations.

Reasons: I had already gone heavily into cruising AND
spending my time in sci.stat.math groups straightening the
Quackery and malpractice I saw there since early 2005.

As my most recent post showed:

Recent Posts:
Posts in All 11 Groups -- 890 messages

sci.stat.math -- 598 messages
rec.travel.cruises -- 105 messages
sci.stat.edu -- 49 messages
sci.stat.consult -- 39 messages
rec.travel.air -- 31 messages
rec.scuba.locations -- 26 messages

Those were the number of posts I made since August 2006.
rec.scuba.locations had long been HISTORY since Feb 2006

because when I looked at my threads from March 1 to August,

Results 1 - 10 of 24 from Mar 1, 2006 to Aug 2, 2006
for rec.scuba.locations.

My posts during the same period,
Results 1 - 10 of 738 from Mar 1, 2006 to Aug 2, 2006

was more than 30 times in just the sci.stat.math group ALONE.
For last month, I was the "top poster" for the 11 th times this
year, in Nov 2006:

This month's top posters (sci.stat.math)
top 184 "Reef Fish"
2nd 57 lic...@hotmail.com
10th 17 sjhersc...@netscape.net

So, ladies and gentleman of rec.scuba.locations, the group
HAD been wrecked by Lee Bell and his pals.

The month of November 2006 was particular relevant --
My monthly posts there was close to 300 partly because of
the NOISE MAKERS (like Lee and his noisy pals), but most
of the noise makers were GONE last month, and the ones
who stayed learned much better to keep their mouths shut.

On November 22, 2006 I posted this:

RF> For the FIRST time since I started, sci.stat.math has
RF> been the CLEAN neighborhood absent of NOISE bullys
RF> and Quacks, as it should have been long before now.

My mere 184 in that group last month was the reason I had time
to browse rec.scuba.locations for the first time that month on
Nov 18 and found out how DEAD it was.

Nov 2006 was the month one of the flamers STARTED a new
group, named scistatmath so that he "could kick Bob out" if
Bob does his usual thing.

I promised that I would NEVER be in that group because it was
"moderated" (not by whom). That group was formed on Nov 1.
It died on Nov 9. Not a single post appeared there since until
1 this morning.

math edu consult NEW
1296 745 841 18 Nov 6
1342 750 848 19 Nov 22
1351 753 851 21 Nov 28
1361 758 859 20 Nov 29
1362 759 859 20 Nov 30
1366 762 863 20 Dec 1

Those are the number of subscribers in those four groups.
The subscribers in all three sci.stat.* (I am the top poster
in all three, for months) steadily INCREASED, while the
NEW group, with the plagiarized name scistatmath did not
get off the ground.

To end this SUMMARY on a SCUBA note, I actually have
the idea that Dan Bracuk or Greg Mossman may START a
new Google group with THEM as the moderator to be able
to kick out off topics, and posters like Lee Bell and his
former gang who only LOOK for fights.

I trust THEM to be able to do a good enough job to make
rec.scuba and rec.scuba.locations obsolete as the SCUBA
group of choice for SCUBA discussions.

One of the first scuba TOPICS in that new group may well
be "2007 Mardi Gras in Cozumel" in which we may even
interest Confucio (who appeared in rec.scuba.locations)
presumably because he saw me posting there last month.
Confucio is the posting name of the former Giovanni
Marola whom all Scuba-L and Scuba-SE posters like to
make fun of his trust of dive computers. But Giovanni, in
real life, is a professor in Italy, an excellent diver (from all
credible accounts), an accomplished UW photographer
and had some fatastic webpages in special species, such
as the Clownfish. I have never met Giovanni, and I would
go to the Mardi Gras or any other time in a flash just to dive
with the "most maligned DF (name given by Carl Heizl in
his years in rec.scuba)" I've known in several groups. :-)

The Google newsgroups are NOT Google archived but part
of the intrastructure that is apparent very easy to create and
maintain -- with instructions given by Google.

This is my push for either Dan or Greg (who have been around
these groups long enough and also ACTIVE DIVERS) to start
such a group. If they don't have the time, perhaps someone
else acceptible could do it. Lee, Magilla, and all others are
WELCOME to participate in the new group too provided they
discuss SCUBA and scuba related stuff and refrain from their
former distructive fight-picking and group-wrecking as they
have PROVEN in rec.scuba.locations.

My own time is now much less scuba-related as can be seen
from my posting history the past TWO years. What I do in
the sci.stat.* groups is no different than teaching my former
students, except those groups are mostly statistics professionals
(some are even professors themselves) who were not as good
as some of my worst students when I taught. :-)

So, I am using those forums as my professional role of being
a "watch dog" for quackery. One of the posters who defended
my role against the flamers (those whom I picked on their
errors -- who else <G>) even found a passeage written by
one of greatest statisticians that SOUNDED like me. :-)

That was all the support I needed in those groups.

=============== posted Jun 23 2005 1:15 pm
DZ> The reference is

K. Pearson 1914 Mendelism and the problem of mental defect. III.
On the graduated character of mental defect and on the need for
standardising judgments as to the grade of social inefficiency which
shall involve segregation. Questions of the Day and of the Fray
No. IX, London, 16.

DZ> (cited from E. S. Pearson 1938 Karl Pearson: An appreciation
DZ> of some aspects of his life and work. Biometrika, 29:161-248).

Isn't it ironic that the Pearson's "correlation coefficient" has
been used as the vehicle for "statistical quackery" and "scientific
quackery" more than any single STATISTICAL item I can think of.

DZ> (no, it's not Reef Fish 2005 on sci.stat.math, and yes I took
DZ> liberty to capitalize a few random words :-)

"As I grow older I feel more and more need not only for the censores
morum, but for censores scientiarum, a species of watch dogs of
science, whose duty it shall be not only to insist upon HONESTY and
LOGIC in scientific procedure, but who shall warn the public against
appearances of knowledge where we are as yet in a state of
ignorance. In this age of self-advertisement, when an individual may
become famous in twenty four hours by aid of the illustarated daily
press, there is QUACKERY in science as there is quackery in
medicine. And even where there is no quackery there is IGNORANCE and
DOGMA parading before the public as knowledge, and taking its TOLL
from the community by a multiplicity of devices. In many ways the
trained scientific man can WARN the public, even when it lacks
acquaintance with specialized detail... Unfortunately at the present
time no theory of what we may term scientific logic is taught to
students of science in our universities, and the result is only too
patent in 50% and more of so-called scientific publications."

In my follow-up post to DZ's, I wrote,

RF> I wish I could have said it half as eloquently as this author did.

I didn't realize I was in such good company of Karl and E.S. Pearson,
and that I have been preaching in sci.stat.*, and playing the same
Watch Dog role as they did. I pointed out the "scientific
quackery" committed REGULARLY by some of the prolific posters in
the sci.stat.* newsgroups, Richard Ulrich to name but one.

Pearson> QUACKERY in science as there is quackery in medicine.
Pearson> And EVEN where there is no quackery there is IGNORANCE and
Pearson> DOGMA parading before the public as knowledge

=============== end excerpt of my post in sci.stat.math

It is NOT OT in a scuba forum only because if you merely substitute
the two words "science" and "medicine" by "scuba" and "tech diving",
the above words of Pearson would fit the SCUBA groups perfectly.

I close this post by pointing to an ENTIRE thread I missed in June 2006
when I was looking for what Magilla meant by Lee comparing me with
him. What I found (via keyword search) was a VERY interesting and
informative thread in which I was NOT present.

I actually read the ENTIRE thread and enjoyed the scuba discussion
as well as the flames and counterflames (many valid) immensely.

It was the "Master Diver University"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.scuba/msg/00a2d645685fbf8f

which began on June 15 2006 and lasted about a week, with
a star-cast of some of the best-worst in both rec.scuba groups.
(Naming which is which would not be politically correct, except
I'll say Popeye is ALWAYS a diver I respect no matter what
subject in it he talks about and I don't care if he is the champion
of flamewars against others. :--) ) Among other things, Pops
and I had plenty of disagreements in OUR VIEWS, but to the
best of my knowledge, we had NEVER flamed each other in
all my years in rec.scuba and rec.scuba.locations and even
when Popeye visited the Scuba-L or Scuba-SE groups on
flamewar matters.

OTOH, I have been flamed by others for paraphrasing
Popeye's posted quotes:

RF> THAT's ME, in Reality, in newsgroups, and in the Real World:

RF> "I yam what I yam, that's all that I yam, Reef Fish
RF> the Man of a Thousand Interests. Boop Boop."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.scuba/msg/42e48121ab22e0fa

That is ONE of the threads in

Results 1 - 10 of 14 for I yam what I yam and that's all I yam
author:reef author:fish

Toot Toot!

-- Reef Fish Bob

Reef Fish

Dec 16, 2006, 10:29:30 AM12/16/06

Reef Fish wrote on Nov 30, 2006:
> It USED to be such an active newsgroup and whenever I posted
> something, about 6 people would come from rec.scuba to flame me.
>
> I didn't read rec.scuba.location this month until Nov 18 when I
> happened to notice the subject "Where is Bob".
>
> Now the SHOCKER is the Google statistic about this group:
>
> This month's top posters
> 20 Reef Fish
> 12 pleebe...@bellsouth.net
> 10 moss...@qnet.com
> 8 zmpmag3-plon...@yahoo.com
> 8 bra...@pathcom.com
>
> I still remember there used to be that many POSTS in a DAY,
> with plenty of scuba talk even though there were always the
> noise makers. But now???

It didn't take long for TWO of the stalking members of the
Dysfunctional Gang to show up to post their flames.

Then some motorcycle freak whose posting record was

Posts in All 39 Groups -- 1566 messages tx.motorcycles -- 565 messages

alt.fan.don-n-mike -- 480 messages rec.video.production -- 199 messages

rec.autos.sport.f1 -- 83 messages austin.forsale -- 64 messages
comp.sys.mac.hardware.video --

showed up to post to VOTE Reef Fish to LEAVE, and wow that
brought out most of the troops:

1 Bill Fright Dec 12
2 Lee Bell Dec 12
4 Lee Bell Dec 12
5 Magilla Dec 12
6 bob crownfield Dec 12
8 Lee Bell Dec 13
9 Magilla Dec 12
11 bob crownfield Dec 13
13 bob crownfield Dec 14
14 Bill Fright Dec 14
16 Magilla Dec 14
18 Magilla Dec 14
20 Magilla Dec 14
23 Magilla Dec 15
24 bob crownfield Dec 14
25 Magilla Dec 14
26 Bill Fright Dec 14
28 Bill Fright Dec 14
29 Joe English Dec 12

The SAME members of the Dysfunctional Gang except Bill
Fright and the ex-CLOSET QUEEN J. Young

10 youngsopini...@aol.com Dec 13

who had already removed his own post. He requests Google
to remove ALL of his posts from the archives -- shameful of
everything he had ever posted!!

For my complete post from which the above was extracted, see

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.scuba.locations/msg/276b55428fb3898d

Now it's only TWO WEEKS from the time I posted the subject
of this thread, and the LOSERS from rec.scuba all flock here the
same way they used to, when I was a regular poster in this group.

Well, Gang!

I have BAD news for you. rec.scuba.locations is WAY DOWN the
list of newsgroups in terms of Reef Fish's posts this month, as
it had been all year, and will be so in the future.

Even with ALL my SCUBA posts and having to respond to some
of the frivolous and gratuitous flames in the Bill-Fright-HOMO
generated thread, I only had 42 posts in this LOW activity group:

This month's top posters (rec.scuba.locations)
42 Reef Fish
18 cavey_cur...@$$yahoo.com
13 bra...@pathcom.com
11 pleebe...@bellsouth.net

I dropped in rec.scuba.locations only when I had some
spare time from the OTHER newsgroups, the top three
of which are readers many of whom are statistical
professoinals, either needing advise OR being correlcted
of the errors they made!

This month's top posters (sci.stat.math)
131 "Reef Fish"
34 lic...@hotmail.com

This month's top posters (sci.stat.edu)
57 Reef Fish
17 h...@alumni.brown.edu

This month's top posters (sci.stat.consult)
53 Reef Fish
18 Greg Heath

That's SIX times the number of posts I have in this
low-activity, low-scuba-substance rec.scuba.locations

I had more posts even in the rec.travel.cruises group!

This month's top posters (rec.travel.cruises)
67 kjmul...@comcast.net
52 tkani...@optonline.net
47 f...@his.com.remove.invalid
45 Reef Fish

and almost as much in

This month's top posters (rec.travel.air)
97 postmas...@localhost
36 Reef Fish

even though I flew much less this year than I had in
each of the previous 7 years.

So, you members of the Dysfunctional Gang, Lee Bell and
Magilla in particular, you are a NOBODY (as you have always
been) in MY WORLD of internet newsgroup postings.

You have had nothing but flames and noise to contribute and
NOTHING of substance in SCUBA in the scuba groups.

If I post in rec.scuba, it'll only be because I have something
I WANT to say, or talk to the scuba-posting folks.

Start shrinking your head size besides seeing a shrink about
your psychopath and sociopath behavior, Lee, Magilla (Curtis),
Bob Crownfield, and any of the rest of the Gang who are at
least smart enough only to luck in the VOTE Reef Fish LEAVE
thread.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Lee Bell

Dec 16, 2006, 12:59:43 PM12/16/06
Reef Fish wrote

> showed up to post to VOTE Reef Fish to LEAVE, and wow that brought out
> most of the troops:

Interesting that no other topic triggered nearly as many posts has hopes
that you would go away. Even more interesting that 100% of them wished you
would. Imagine that.

Lee

bob crownfield

Dec 16, 2006, 5:19:37 PM12/16/06

what a boring babbling idiot.

> -- Reef Fish Bob.

Reef Fish

Dec 16, 2006, 7:06:22 PM12/16/06

Lee Bell wrote:
> Reef Fish wrote
>
> > showed up to post to VOTE Reef Fish to LEAVE, and wow that brought out
> > most of the troops:

I must correct myself. It DIDN'T bring out most of the troops, but
only 3 of them, but those 3 made so much noise that it SEEMED
like most of them were out.

> Interesting that no other topic triggered nearly as many posts has hopes
> that you would go away.

Hope springs eternal, doesn't it Lee? You can always HOPE that
you'll understand dive physics, mathematics, statistics, dive
computers,
dive physiology, and diving and buoyancy techniques.

But you never did learn.

Anyone ask you about EPIRBS lately? LOL LOL LOL
That was your famous gaff when you had me kill-filed and thought
he had something on me, until I definitively debunked you, and you
didn't realize it and asked the same question the THIRD time, and
I posted the same reply -- I think somebody must have tipped you
off finally what a damned fool you had been.

> Even more interesting that 100% of them wished you
> would. Imagine that.
>
> Lee

100% of all THREE of the Dysfunctional Gang: Lee Bell, Magilla,
and Bob Crownfield.

Imagine that!

Lee, you should learn when to SHUT UP.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Joe English

Dec 17, 2006, 8:35:31 AM12/17/06
you forgot me, Bob

Bill Fright

Dec 17, 2006, 10:45:55 AM12/17/06

Reef Fish wrote:
> Lee Bell wrote:
>
>>Reef Fish wrote
>>

>>>showed up to post to VOTE Reef Fish to LEAVE, and wow that brought out
>>>most of the troops:
>

> I must correct myself. It DIDN'T bring out most of the troops, but
> only 3 of them, but those 3 made so much noise that it SEEMED
> like most of them were out.
>

>>Interesting that no other topic triggered nearly as many posts has hopes
>>that you would go away.
>

> Hope springs eternal, doesn't it Lee? You can always HOPE that
> you'll understand dive physics, mathematics, statistics, dive
> computers,
> dive physiology, and diving and buoyancy techniques.

Ok class let's all notice how he evaded this last subject. It's
precisely the point of my voting post. He's just a burr under a saddle.

> But you never did learn.
>
> Anyone ask you about EPIRBS lately? LOL LOL LOL
> That was your famous gaff when you had me kill-filed and thought
> he had something on me, until I definitively debunked you, and you
> didn't realize it and asked the same question the THIRD time, and
> I posted the same reply -- I think somebody must have tipped you
> off finally what a damned fool you had been.

Stay on topic their boy. That had nothing to do with our standing up to
your angry and pointless prattle that you submit here. Please realize
that a 100% majority has opening stated they don't care to have you here.

>>Even more interesting that 100% of them wished you
>>would. Imagine that.
>>
>>Lee
>

> 100% of all THREE of the Dysfunctional Gang: Lee Bell, Magilla,
> and Bob Crownfield.
>
> Imagine that!
>
> Lee, you should learn when to SHUT UP.

No. That's what we are collectively hoping you'll learn.

> -- Reef Fish Bob.

Reef Fish

Dec 17, 2006, 1:08:31 PM12/17/06

Bill Fright wrote:
> Reef Fish wrote:
> > Lee Bell wrote:
> >
> >>Reef Fish wrote

> > I must correct myself. It DIDN'T bring out most of the troops, but
> > only 3 of them, but those 3 made so much noise that it SEEMED
> > like most of them were out.
> >

> >>Interesting that no other topic triggered nearly as many posts has hopes
> >>that you would go away.
> >

> > Hope springs eternal, doesn't it Lee? You can always HOPE that
> > you'll understand dive physics, mathematics, statistics, dive
> > computers,
> > dive physiology, and diving and buoyancy techniques.
>
> Ok class let's all notice how he evaded this last subject. It's
> precisely the point of my voting post. He's just a burr under a saddle.

Only on the burr on YOUR motorcycle saddle because you put it
there for your own enjoyment.

> > But you never did learn.
> >
> > Anyone ask you about EPIRBS lately? LOL LOL LOL
> > That was your famous gaff when you had me kill-filed and thought
> > he had something on me, until I definitively debunked you, and you
> > didn't realize it and asked the same question the THIRD time, and
> > I posted the same reply -- I think somebody must have tipped you
> > off finally what a damned fool you had been.
> >

> Stay on topic their boy.

Ignoring the illiterate "their" because I know what you meant to say.

Did you not notice the SUBJECT is no longer the one YOU created, but

"What happened to rec.scuba.locations?"

Lee Bell is very much ON TOPIC in rec.scuba.locations for those
like yourself who are new to the neighborhood and hadn't known
about him yet.

> That had nothing to do with our standing up to
> your angry and pointless prattle that you submit here. Please realize
> that a 100% majority has opening stated they don't care to have you here.

See immediate below:

> >>Even more interesting that 100% of them wished you
> >>would. Imagine that.
> >>
> >>Lee
> >

> > 100% of all THREE of the Dysfunctional Gang: Lee Bell, Magilla,
> > and Bob Crownfield.
> >
> > Imagine that!
> >
> > Lee, you should learn when to SHUT UP.
>
> No. That's what we are collectively hoping you'll learn.

You have not even attain the status of a "Clueless Newbie" in
this group! Go back to your

1568 messages tx.motorcycles -- 565 messages alt.fan.don-n-mike

and play with the other morons THERE.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Bill Fright

Dec 17, 2006, 9:27:28 PM12/17/06

Okay you win. You're a twit. later.

Reef Fish

Dec 17, 2006, 10:49:35 PM12/17/06

Your Mommy was almost HALF right when she said you're a wit.

You're already a nit-wit, but hasn't quite arisen to the half-wit
level she aspires you to be.

Happy motorcycling on your saddle with the custom-made burr
for your self-gratification.

-- Reef Fish Bob.