Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (Jul 10)

0 visualização
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Cameron Laird

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2008, 10:27:0610/07/2008
para
QOTW: "Without a high quality RNG, seeding from the system entropy source
is a waste of time, effort, and good entropy bits." - Donal K. Fellows

"I think things that go BANG are an essential part of a healthy
childhood." - Colin Macleod

Tcl syntax highlighting almost makes it to DocBook/xslthl:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/fb20cb840cb0189f

ActiveState Code will replace the Cookbooks:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/0cde86e1e35b40ca

Jonathan Bromley wisely counsels the horde of newcomers rather
clouded about what VHDL and Tcl have to do with each (and what
they do *not*):
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/db0e2a6f520d040c/

Thanks to Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki action:
Goodness, has it been six years already? According to your chronicler's
incomplete, inconsistent and inaccurate archive, yes, we started the
Wiki summaries six years ago this week. But there is a more important
anniversary coming up: in february 2009 the Wiki will be ten years old!

Anyway, let us start the hebdomadary task!

Watch it!
- Do you have any large files around? This mega widget makes that
clear: a small gem combining a set of packages - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/21295>

- Ever seen the whiteboard drawing tool of the Tclers' chat? Maybe
it should be made more useable - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/3955>

Make it fit!
- UML is a ubiquitous standard for designing a program, especially
in the context of "object-oriented programming" - and of course
there are Tcl tools to deal with it - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/2261>

- Talking of UML, here is a page on one particular "design pattern"
- yes, object-orientation again - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/21299>

- One of the characteristics of our beloved Wiki is the many
experiments with tiny applications (measured as the amount of code)
that nevertheless achieve grandiose things. Here is a C compiler
which may not handle the entire C99 standard, but still:
<http://wiki.tcl.tk/21304>

Money! Need I say more?
- The (computer-)age-old problem of how to properly do arithmetic on
money: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1296>

- And various ideas of how it can be done efficiently and accurately:
<http://wiki.tcl.tk/21305>

Everything Tcl-related you want is probably one or two clicks away in these
pages:
The "Welcome to comp.lang.tcl" message by Andreas Kupries
http://www.purl.org/net/tcl-welcome
comp.lang.tcl is a crucial resource for Tcl practitioners.
An interesting perspective on its traffic appears at
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/about

The Tcl Developer Site is Tcl's "home base".
http://www.tcl.tk

Larry Virden maintains a comp.lang.tcl FAQ launcher.
http://www.purl.org/NET/Tcl-FAQ/

The Tcl Developer Xchange is a highly organized resource center
of documents and software with provisions for individuals to
maintain references to their own software:
http://www.tcl.tk/resource/
The TDX sponsor, ActiveState, also keeps info to convince your
boss Tcl is a good thing
http://www.tcl.tk/scripting/

The Tcl'ers Wiki is a huge, dynamic, collaboratively edited repository
of documentation, examples, tutorials and pontifications on all things
Tcl.
http://wiki.tcl.tk/0
For the ideal overview of the topics about Tcl most likely to
interest a newcomer, see "Arts and Crafts ..."
http://wiki.tcl.tk/969
There's also a high-quality Wikibook on Tcl:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Tcl

ActiveState maintains binaries distribution and development tools
http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
along with a Cookbook of Tcl recipes
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl

"La Gazette du Técleux" is an important monthly publication.
http://wfr.tcl.tk/1159

deli.cio.us presents an intriguing approach to reference commentary.
It already aggregates quite a bit of Tcl intelligence.
http://del.icio.us/tag/tcl

Cameron Laird tracks several Tcl/Tk references of interest (but
needs to validate many of the links).
http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.lang.tcl/

Years ago, Cetus Links maintained a Tcl/Tk page with verified links
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_tcl_tk.html

"Yahoo! Groups" archives comp.lang.tcl.announce posts--even
though clta itself is dormant.

We're working on more useful archives of past installments. In the
meantime, an alternative is
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_q=+Tcl-URL&as_ugroup=comp.lang.tcl

Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome.

To receive a new issue of this posting in e-mail each Monday, ask
<cla...@phaseit.net> to subscribe. Be sure to mention "Tcl-URL!".
--
Phaseit, Inc. (http://phaseit.net) is pleased to participate in and
sponsor the "Tcl-URL!" project.

Colin Macleod

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2008, 12:24:3310/07/2008
para
On 10 Jul, 15:27, Cameron Laird <tcl-...@phaseit.net> wrote:
> "I think things that go BANG are an essential part of a healthy
> childhood." - Colin Macleod

- while I agree with this, it was not me who said it, don't know who
did.

Colin.

Donal K. Fellows

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2008, 16:58:4610/07/2008
para
Colin Macleod wrote:

> Cameron Laird wrote:
>> "I think things that go BANG are an essential part of a healthy
>> childhood." - Colin Macleod
>
> - while I agree with this, it was not me who said it, don't know who
> did.

It was another Colin, with the surname of McCormack. Fear his scouts,
especially when they're practising with their artillery pieces.

Donal.

Cameron Laird

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2008, 17:22:0910/07/2008
para
In article <6Kudk.194185$8k.7...@newsfe18.ams2>,

My apologies for the error. I know perfectly well the
difference between the two Colins, but my fingers appar-
ently executed some sort of off-by-one misdereference.
'Twas no Freudian slip, no inside joke, nothing but an
error. Thanks to Donal for the correction.

Colin Macleod

não lida,
10 de jul. de 2008, 18:20:1810/07/2008
para
cla...@lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote in news:15bik5-...@lairds.us:

> My apologies for the error. I know perfectly well the
> difference between the two Colins, but my fingers appar-
> ently executed some sort of off-by-one misdereference.
> 'Twas no Freudian slip, no inside joke, nothing but an
> error. Thanks to Donal for the correction.

No problem :-)

0 nova mensagem