Help/Assistance to City of Forks

1 view

Deborah Booher

Feb 7, 2023, 7:44:16 PM2/7/23
to Washington Cities Finance Group
Hi All,

Hope all are doing well and having successful year end processes.

I had a call from City of Forks.  Their Clerk Treasurer has taken a turn for the worse and most likely has only a short time left.  Their City Attorney was given my name and are asking if we know of anyone who could provide assistance in the time it takes to hire and train a new person.  They said most of the work could be done remotely, but not sure if you or your office would have any suggestions. I know many jurisdictions use outside CPA’s so if you know of good ones I would love to pass on their name.

 They are looking for any help they can get.  Sounds like books were current as of the end of October, however the Attorney and Personnel coordinator have said it is out of their wheel house.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions and I will pass on the information.

Deb Booher

City of Poulsbo

Connie Anderson

Feb 7, 2023, 8:07:03 PM2/7/23
to Deborah Booher, Washington Cities Finance Group

Hello Deb,

I am sorry to hear this news.

PT researched CPA firms and sent out a RFP for internal CPA services last year.  We interviewed 2 firms; I have attached their information.  Both were also listed on the MRSC Small Works Roster.  Both seemed good, we hired Teresa Johnson’s firm.  They work with several small cities in Washington.

Hope that helps.

Connie Anderson | Director of Finance and Technology Services

City of Port Townsend | www.cityofpt.us | cand...@cityofpt.us

250 Madison St. Suite 1, Port Townsend, WA 98368

P:(360) 385-3000  D: (360) 379-4403  F: (360) 302-2201

Feb 7, 2023, 8:14:08 PM2/7/23
to Connie Anderson, Deborah Booher, Washington Cities Finance Group

I have used Tara Dunford, CPA.  She is great.  She has helped out many cities in a time of need.  Taradun...@yahoo.com

Cherie Reierson

City of Bonney Lake