Group Policies - Reply ONLY to group - Facilitate Developer focus on DELIVERING SOLUTIONS

Eric Marceau

Jan 31, 2024, 12:14:16 PMJan 31
to video DownloadHelper Q+A

Before sending emails to individuals, consider the following.

Do you realize that if you "Reply All" or place both the individual and Group email addresses in the "To:" slot,

that individual is actually receiving your email twice ???  Once from you directly, once also from the Group?

Just making sure you are you aware of that, so you can reduce the Developers' email workload.

For my own Email software, Thunderbird, it actually has "Reply List" as default on my drop-down for any email "broadcasts" coming from any of the Google Groups.  Don't know if you have that choice available to you, default or otherwise.

If you are able to see the "source code" for your email, the full raw email data stream sent by Google to everyone, you can see that it would contain a line like

So, the raw email knows which "list" to reply to and your email client, if smart enough, should be able to parse that for you to use.  Just an FYI.

Regards,

Eric
just a user

Paul

Jan 31, 2024, 12:29:42 PMJan 31
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Thank you Eric!

I'll add to that: we are migrating support to github, where the Reply system is more … sane :)
We're still monitoring the google group, but we're much more responsive here: https://github.com/aclap-dev/video-downloadhelper/discussions

Eric Marceau

Jan 31, 2024, 12:45:16 PMJan 31
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I am already following that forum on GitHub.  :-)

I posted here because of the volume still going thru here.

Wild Willy

Jan 31, 2024, 6:27:59 PMJan 31
to Video Download Helper Google Group