Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - Girl From Mars

Wil Ukinix

May 4, 2022, 7:20:47 AM5/4/22
to Amity Outpost – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Ops, Level 1, Copernicus Center))

He quickly flicked back to the “Energy Consumption” display.  As best he could he pushed down the emotions that had been swelling inside of him since he had laid eyes on Kinan.

Ukinix: ::quick clearing of throat:: …and so with the right upgrades, we’ve been able to support an extra 8 percent increase in civilian population without impacting our overall usage.

Kinan seemed confused by the situation.  Very confused.

The pony-tailed and smartly dressed in culottes Keehani made her way through the consoles over to the holographic display in the centre of the room, with a PADD in her hand.

Keehani: ::Politely:: Excuse me, Wil, ::offering PADD:: latest high level diplomatic status updates for you.  It includes the political report about the Kathesis Pact and their-

She seemed to cut herself off when she noticed Kinan standing next to Wil.  Her black irises smoothly flicked from left to right to observe them both.  A small, proud, slightly devilish smile began to appear on her face.

Keehani: ::Offering hand:: Well, hello, ::looking at pips:: Commander.  I’m First Secretary Keehani Ukinix, Ambassadorial Aide.  And you are?

Ukinix: Leaving.  We were just leaving-

Kinan: Are you sure about that, Commander? You hadn't finished your report?

Ukinix: oO Busted. Oo

Keehani: ::To Wil:: ~~ Indeed! ~~

Wil squinted disapprovingly at Keehani for a brief second for her “shared” thought.

Kinan: Lieutenant Comander Kinan Venroe. It's a pleasure to meet you, Secretary Ukinix.

A look of realisation seemed to come across Kinan’s face after her words left her mouth.

Kinan: Ukinix -- any relation?

The two Ukinix’s answered Kinan at exactly the same time.

Ukinix/Keehani: ::At the same time:: Second cousins/Cousins.

The pair looked at each other.

Keehani: It’s “Cousin”, cousin.  There’s no such thing as a “Second Cousin” on Betazed.

Ukinix: ::Pained smile:: Yeah well we’re on *Amity*, Secretary.

Kinan: Huh. Small galaxy.

Ukinix: ::Pursed lips:: Too small, sometimes.

Keehani: It seems like a wonderful coincidence, doesn’t it?  But in truth,
I’ve always wanted to be a diplomat.  And then I found out through Wil’s family that he was being assigned here, right after I graduated exo-politics at the University of Betazed, so I asked Ambassador Vataix for a placing.  ::Smiling:: She agreed, and here we are.

Keehani clasped her hands together in front of her, and smiled warmly as she turned her focus towards the Trill officer.

Keehani: And what of you, Commander?  What is your role in Starfleet?

Kinan: I'm the personnel officer of the Barossa sector -- officer placements, processing leaves of absences.

Keehani: Fantastic!  So you’re to thank for all of the wonderful Starfleet people we have assigned to Amity, they seem to thrive in a diplomatic setting like this.

Kinan: I used to work as an aide-de-camp for a few different ambassadors over the years. This type of environment is actually rather familiar.

Keehani: ::Excited tone:: Oh really?  What the best piece of advice you could give to a new aide like me?

Kinan: Response

Keehani: We’ve had our fair share of mishaps.  And the press?  ::sigh, slight roll of eyes:: I know they perform a very important function but sometimes they are just an unwelcome distraction of the thoughts.

Kinan: Response

While Kinan and Keehani conversed, Wil quietly and discreetly took a seat and just listened.  It was easy-ish to tune in to Keehani’s emotions given they were related to each other, and he could sense she was attempting to build a genuine rapport with the personnel officer.  That made Wil smile a little, which surprised him.  It was almost as if Keehani was giving tacit approval of Wil’s interest in the Trill woman.

It also gave him time to observe Kinan, which made him smile a little more.

Keehani: ::Excited tone:: Really!  How did you find the administrative side of- ::looking at Wil momentarily:: - you know what, I’ve interrupted your, um, ::looking back at Kinan:: briefing, I should get back upstairs.  But I’d love to talk to you sometime soon over a coffee, if that’s okay, I think I could learn a lot from you.  I could introduce you to Ambassador Vataix, too.

Kinan: Response

Ukinix: ::Standing up, briefly holding up PADD:: Thankyou, First Secretary, appreciate the report oO now bugger off Oo.

Keehani gave a momentary stare at his cousin before turning to Kinan with a smile.

Keehani: ::Smiling:: Lovely to meet you, Commander.

Kinan: Response

The First Secretary made her way through the stations and out of Ops.  There was no doubt she’d sensed the emotions in her cousin as much as he tried to hide them.  If there was one person he wouldn’t have wanted to walk in while giving Kinan a tour of Ops, it was Keehani.

Oh yeah, and Rivi.

You can add Tri’lea Polgonz to that list too…

Okay, three people.  (Coincidentally, all Betazoid, fancy that!)

Kinan: Response

Wil focused his attention on Kinan again.  He felt himself blush a little once more before he smiled at her.  One of the three people on his “I don’t walk you to walk into Ops while I’m giving Kinan a tour of Ops” list had not, as far as he could tell, derailed his time with her which he was genuinely enjoying immensely.  That made him blush just a little more.

Ukinix: ::Smile blush:: Where to next, Commander?

Kinan: Response

Tags/TBC

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Starfleet attaché and First Officer