Re: [RubyAMF] Abridged summary of rubyamf@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Phillip Miller

Oct 11, 2011, 12:45:20 PM10/11/11
to rub...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, https://github.com/rubyamf/rubyamf is the most current repo to use for Rails and AMF.

I believe Flex and Rails are still being used in production somewhere. Here is an article focusing on a Rails app which moved to a Flex front end (they eventually ditched RoR).

Personally, I'm more interested in using Stephen's RocketAMF gem with Sinatra and Mongoid to create a more service centric backend with a Flash/Flex client side frontend. After working with Flash/Flex and Rails, I believe it is a bit overkill (rendering templates, globbing hundreds of helper methods, ect) depending on your needs. If all you want is a custom widget that speaks AMF with a Rails backend then rubyamf is your bet. In my case, I want a full fledged desktop/web app without much/any templating. Eventually I'll test this idea out and post a demo on github.

My two cents.
-p

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM, <rub...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyamf/topics

    a bc <netb...@yahoo.com.cn> Oct 10 11:46PM -0700 ^

    hi,

    I cannot image I still cannot find the available rubyamf implement for
    rails3 since rails3 has been here for so long time.
    No one uses flex and rails any more?

    From more...