[CLI-UPDATE] v1.1.0 with search support available by default | Nightly releases available

steven...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2022, 10:27:10 AM12/1/22
to PreTeXt announcements
A new version 1.1.0 of the PreTeXt-CLI interface for authoring and deploying PreTeXt documents has been released on the Python Package Index at https://pypi.org/project/pretext/ (formerly pretextbook).

To update an project using a pre-1.0 version you'll first need to uninstall the old pretextbook package.

pip uninstall pretextbook

Then old and new users can install/upgrade the new pretext package as follows.

pip install --upgrade pretext

Users of existing projects may consider comparing their project's configuration files, especially requirements.txt, with the files generated by the following command and make appropriate updates.

pretext init --refresh

This release updates the core PreTeXt functionality, including the recent announcement of native search functionality! HTML builds now provide a search feature that doesn't rely on an external search engine. Speaking of which, if your work uses Google search functionality, you'll want to read Rob's post.

Please reach out via https://groups.google.com/g/pretext-support for help, or report issues at https://groups.google.com/g/pretext-dev to improve future releases of the CLI.

I think at least 90% of recent CLI development is due to Oscar Levin's work as I've been slammed with various things this fall. So be sure to thank him the next time you join us in drop-in!
- Steven

PS: Advanced (or at least adventurous!) users may be interested in using our automated nightly releases. For example, v1.1.1.dev20221201 may be installed today by running

pip install --upgrade --pre pretext

These releases are tested automatically for basic functionality, but may have more bugs than usual. We appreciate folks letting us know on pretext-dev if you find any issues with a pre-release!