Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
PreTeXt support
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
PreTeXt support
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 1892
Support forum for the PreTeXt authoring system. Subscribe if you want to give or get help using PreTeXt. PreTeXt is an uncomplicated XML vocabulary for authors of research articles, textbooks, and monographs. More at
pretextbook.org
. The PreTeXt development forum is at visit
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=
en#!forum/pretext-dev
. The PreTeXt announcements list is at
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=
en#!forum/pretext-announce
.
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Rob Beezer
8/1/17
Error Report Guidelines
If you have output that you think might be incorrect or misbehaved, please follow this procedure:
unread,locked,
Error Report Guidelines
If you have output that you think might be incorrect or misbehaved, please follow this procedure:
8/1/17
budb...@gmail.com
2
1:00 PM
New identifier for "<problem>"?
Ooops! Never mind. I confused myself. -- Bud On Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 7:54:54 AM UTC-4 budb...
unread,
New identifier for "<problem>"?
Ooops! Never mind. I confused myself. -- Bud On Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 7:54:54 AM UTC-4 budb...
1:00 PM
Benjamin Atchison
,
Benjamin Atchison
2
11:01 AM
OER Initiative - Call for PTX Support
Hi Everyone. An update to an old post. We had 15 faculty take part in a PreTeXt working group at
unread,
OER Initiative - Call for PTX Support
Hi Everyone. An update to an old post. We had 15 faculty take part in a PreTeXt working group at
11:01 AM
Katherine Yoshiwara
, …
Oscar Levin
11
Sep 27
Nothing works
Right, everything before the first page is put on the first page. There is no way to mix page and no
unread,
Nothing works
Right, everything before the first page is put on the first page. There is no way to mix page and no
Sep 27
Chrissy Safranski
,
Rob Beezer
2
Sep 27
worksheets, tasks, numbering, xrefs
So many questions! One answer, on fone. Very early on, a list in an exercise was interpreted as what
unread,
worksheets, tasks, numbering, xrefs
So many questions! One answer, on fone. Very early on, a list in an exercise was interpreted as what
Sep 27
Katherine Yoshiwara
Sep 26
more worksheets
Can I only get space for students to write if I call it a <task>? I want to have a graph next
unread,
more worksheets
Can I only get space for students to write if I call it a <task>? I want to have a graph next
Sep 26
Katherine Yoshiwara
Sep 26
Authoring a worksheet
My current Activities in pdf are structured like this: Activity 1 has parts labeled (a) through
unread,
Authoring a worksheet
My current Activities in pdf are structured like this: Activity 1 has parts labeled (a) through
Sep 26
Katherine Yoshiwara
Sep 26
how to start a worksheet
I'd like to convert my pdf Activities into worksheets, but I don't know how to start. Is each
unread,
how to start a worksheet
I'd like to convert my pdf Activities into worksheets, but I don't know how to start. Is each
Sep 26
Suzanne Doree
, …
Oscar Levin
6
Sep 23
Updated PreText does not recognize tikz
Okay, will do. Dr. Suzanne "Su" Dorée Professor of Mathematics Department of Mathematics,
unread,
Updated PreText does not recognize tikz
Okay, will do. Dr. Suzanne "Su" Dorée Professor of Mathematics Department of Mathematics,
Sep 23
Juan Carlos Bustamante
, …
David Austin
14
Sep 15
3D sageplot static PNG quality (missing labels, etc.) — known workaround?
3D exists today for Asymptote and we can maybe cajole PreFigure to wander in that direction. Already
unread,
3D sageplot static PNG quality (missing labels, etc.) — known workaround?
3D exists today for Asymptote and we can maybe cajole PreFigure to wander in that direction. Already
Sep 15
Charles M
, …
Eugene Boman
15
Sep 15
Problem resolved! TeX capacity exceeded
Thanks to all concerned. Next time I report a problem I'll try to get my act together enough to
unread,
Problem resolved! TeX capacity exceeded
Thanks to all concerned. Next time I report a problem I'll try to get my act together enough to
Sep 15
Duane Farnsworth
, …
Rob Beezer
5
Sep 14
Problem with Table of Contents
This problem is fixed with some changes to Runestone Services, now at v 8.2.12. You can rebuild HTML
unread,
Problem with Table of Contents
This problem is fixed with some changes to Runestone Services, now at v 8.2.12. You can rebuild HTML
Sep 14
Mitch Keller
, …
David Austin
4
Sep 11
PreFigure problem placing labels
Confirming that fixed it. Thanks! On Sep 10, 2026, at 9:10 PM, David Austin <david.austin.m@gmail.
unread,
PreFigure problem placing labels
Confirming that fixed it. Thanks! On Sep 10, 2026, at 9:10 PM, David Austin <david.austin.m@gmail.
Sep 11
Mitch Keller
Sep 9
Readaloud bug with ol?
A colleague had a bunch of solutions in LaTeX that I converted to PreTeXt last winter so that folks
unread,
Readaloud bug with ol?
A colleague had a bunch of solutions in LaTeX that I converted to PreTeXt last winter so that folks
Sep 9
Sean Fitzpatrick
,
Oscar Levin
3
Sep 7
Embed with navigation
Ok, thanks. I don't like a single page because I want students to be able to select the section
unread,
Embed with navigation
Ok, thanks. I don't like a single page because I want students to be able to select the section
Sep 7
Sean Fitzpatrick
,
Juan Carlos Bustamante
4
Sep 5
External images in local pg
Right. The use case here was originally, the author (not me) had a webwork folder containing pg files
unread,
External images in local pg
Right. The use case here was originally, the author (not me) had a webwork folder containing pg files
Sep 5
Mark Fitch
, …
David Austin
12
Sep 4
Another prefigure error
That fixed it. On 9/4/2026 11:45 AM, David Austin wrote: Try saying "prefig init" On Fri,
unread,
Another prefigure error
That fixed it. On 9/4/2026 11:45 AM, David Austin wrote: Try saying "prefig init" On Fri,
Sep 4
Francesca Gandini
,
Steven Clontz
3
Sep 4
Fixing deployment from an old setup
PS: The other thing needed was to fix the setting on GitHub pages to deploy from the gh-pages branch
unread,
Fixing deployment from an old setup
PS: The other thing needed was to fix the setting on GitHub pages to deploy from the gh-pages branch
Sep 4
arech...@gmail.com
, …
Oscar Levin
9
Sep 4
entities? problem
CLI version 2.52.3 has the fix. On Thursday, September 3, 2026 at 5:55:34 PM UTC-6 Rob Beezer wrote:
unread,
entities? problem
CLI version 2.52.3 has the fix. On Thursday, September 3, 2026 at 5:55:34 PM UTC-6 Rob Beezer wrote:
Sep 4
Barbara Ericson
,
Sean Fitzpatrick
6
Sep 2
How to have hidden content - was working, but is not now - did something change?
I just checked and it is working. Perhaps I had some other error before in my source. On Friday,
unread,
How to have hidden content - was working, but is not now - did something change?
I just checked and it is working. Perhaps I had some other error before in my source. On Friday,
Sep 2
Charles M
,
Rob Beezer
3
Sep 1
Page geometry, font size in Beamer build
Dear Charles, Thanks for the suggestions! See the pretext-announce post to get started. Beamer
unread,
Page geometry, font size in Beamer build
Dear Charles, Thanks for the suggestions! See the pretext-announce post to get started. Beamer
Sep 1
Rob Beezer
, …
Rob Beezer
15
Aug 31
Re: [pretext-support] Some issues with HTML
Similar experience on my (Android) phone, since I am too lazy to migrate to my desktop after-hours.
unread,
Re: [pretext-support] Some issues with HTML
Similar experience on my (Android) phone, since I am too lazy to migrate to my desktop after-hours.
Aug 31
Mark Fitch
, …
David Austin
4
Aug 31
Including Prefigure as external file
Thank you both. The extra namespace declaration in the included file was the final piece. It appears
unread,
Including Prefigure as external file
Thank you both. The extra namespace declaration in the included file was the final piece. It appears
Aug 31
John Hammond
, …
Sean Fitzpatrick
9
Aug 29
iframe title attribute for <video> ?
When I tried including either @shortdescription or as its own tag: ``` <video youtube="
unread,
iframe title attribute for <video> ?
When I tried including either @shortdescription or as its own tag: ``` <video youtube="
Aug 29
Kyle Monette
,
Oscar Levin
2
Aug 28
Authored page breaks in lengthy exercises
Hi Kyle, I don't think your worksheet really needs an <introduction> at all, so just
unread,
Authored page breaks in lengthy exercises
Hi Kyle, I don't think your worksheet really needs an <introduction> at all, so just
Aug 28
Mark Fitch
,
David Austin
10
Aug 27
Prefigure not rendering live
Glad to hear it! On Thu, Aug 27, 2026 at 1:17 PM 'Mark Fitch' via PreTeXt support <pretext
unread,
Prefigure not rendering live
Glad to hear it! On Thu, Aug 27, 2026 at 1:17 PM 'Mark Fitch' via PreTeXt support <pretext
Aug 27
David Austin
, …
Mitch Keller
5
Aug 27
pretext deploy fails
That was my thought, but I tried a little experiment yesterday, as I work on the active-calculus-
unread,
pretext deploy fails
That was my thought, but I tried a little experiment yesterday, as I work on the active-calculus-
Aug 27
Lenore Horner
, …
Sean Fitzpatrick
10
Aug 26
organizing a semester's worth of slideshows
Late to this, but in case it's useful: When I used slides, I had the whole semester in one file.
unread,
organizing a semester's worth of slideshows
Late to this, but in case it's useful: When I used slides, I had the whole semester in one file.
Aug 26
Mark Fitch
, …
David Austin
9
Aug 25
Prefigure sizing
You're right. I should get off the fence! I also agree that consistency of the zoom experience
unread,
Prefigure sizing
You're right. I should get off the fence! I also agree that consistency of the zoom experience
Aug 25
Juan Carlos Bustamante
, …
David Austin
8
Aug 24
Handouts and slideshows
I wonder if PreFigure would want to produce QR codes via the Python package? Yes, I think PreFigure
unread,
Handouts and slideshows
I wonder if PreFigure would want to produce QR codes via the Python package? Yes, I think PreFigure
Aug 24
Aaron Wangberg
, …
Alex Jordan
11
Aug 21
Activate button action on WeBWorK problems
Maybe at some point, while we are collecting static representations for each webwork exercise, we
unread,
Activate button action on WeBWorK problems
Maybe at some point, while we are collecting static representations for each webwork exercise, we
Aug 21